Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPFIA2
Description: protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type, f polypeptide (PTPRF), interacting protein (liprin), alpha 2
Alias: PTPRF-interacting protein alpha-2, liprin-alpha 2, liprin-alpha-2, protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type f polypeptide-interacting protein alpha-2
- Interaction between GRIP and liprin-alpha/SYD2 is required for AMPA receptor targetingMichael Wyszynski
Department of Neurobiology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuron 34:39-52. 2002..Thus, by mediating the targeting of liprin/GRIP-associated proteins, liprin-alpha is important for postsynaptic as well as presynaptic maturation...
- Liprins, a family of LAR transmembrane protein-tyrosine phosphatase-interacting proteinsC Serra-Pages
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:15611-20. 1998..We propose that liprins function to localize LAR family tyrosine phosphatases at specific sites on the plasma membrane, possibly regulating their interaction with the extracellular environment and their association with substrates...
- Liprin-alpha2 gene, protein tyrosine phosphatase LAR interacting protein related gene, is downregulated by androgens in the human prostate cancer cell line LNCaPKiyoshi Fujinami
Department of Urology, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Int J Mol Med 10:173-6. 2002....
- Interaction between liprin-alpha and GIT1 is required for AMPA receptor targetingJaewon Ko
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Neurosci 23:1667-77. 2003..These results suggest that the GIT1-liprin-alpha interaction is required for AMPA receptor targeting and that GIT1 may play an important role in the organization of presynaptic and postsynaptic multiprotein complexes...
- Interaction of the ERC family of RIM-binding proteins with the liprin-alpha family of multidomain proteinsJaewon Ko
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Synaptogenesis and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:42377-85. 2003..These results suggest that the interaction between ERC2 and liprin-alpha may be involved in the presynaptic localization of liprin-alpha and the molecular organization of presynaptic active zones...
- Identification and characterization of human PPFIA4 gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Mol Med 12:1009-14. 2003..3, while exons 11-29 within AL451082.6. PPFIA4-MYOG locus (human chromosome 1q32.1) was paralogous to PPFIA2-LIN7A-MYF5-MYF6 locus (12q21.31), which was also paralogous to PPFIA3-LIN7B locus (19q13.41)...
- Liprin-mediated large signaling complex organization revealed by the liprin-α/CASK and liprin-α/liprin-β complex structuresZhiyi Wei
Division of Life Science, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, Molecular Neuroscience Center, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Mol Cell 43:586-98. 2011..Finally, formation of the CASK/liprin-α/liprin-β ternary complex suggests that liprins can mediate assembly of target proteins into large protein complexes capable of regulating numerous cellular activities...