Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPFIA2
Description: protein tyrosine phosphatase, receptor type, f polypeptide (PTPRF), interacting protein (liprin), alpha 2
- Interaction between GRIP and liprin-alpha/SYD2 is required for AMPA receptor targetingMichael Wyszynski
Department of Neurobiology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neuron 34:39-52. 2002..Thus, by mediating the targeting of liprin/GRIP-associated proteins, liprin-alpha is important for postsynaptic as well as presynaptic maturation...
- Genome-wide association study of multiplex schizophrenia pedigreesDouglas F Levinson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, Calif, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:963-73. 2012..The authors used a genome-wide association study (GWAS) of multiply affected families to investigate the association of schizophrenia to common single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and rare copy number variants (CNVs)...
- Association mapping of the high-grade myopia MYP3 locus reveals novel candidates UHRF1BP1L, PTPRR, and PPFIA2Felicia Hawthorne
Duke Center for Human Genetics, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:2076-86. 2013..Myopia, or nearsightedness, is a common ocular genetic disease for which over 20 candidate genomic loci have been identified. The high-grade myopia locus, MYP3, has been reported on chromosome 12q21-23 by four independent linkage studies...
- Liprins, a family of LAR transmembrane protein-tyrosine phosphatase-interacting proteinsC Serra-Pages
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:15611-20. 1998..We propose that liprins function to localize LAR family tyrosine phosphatases at specific sites on the plasma membrane, possibly regulating their interaction with the extracellular environment and their association with substrates...
- Liprin-alpha2 gene, protein tyrosine phosphatase LAR interacting protein related gene, is downregulated by androgens in the human prostate cancer cell line LNCaPKiyoshi Fujinami
Department of Urology, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Int J Mol Med 10:173-6. 2002....
- Interaction between liprin-alpha and GIT1 is required for AMPA receptor targetingJaewon Ko
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Neurosci 23:1667-77. 2003..These results suggest that the GIT1-liprin-alpha interaction is required for AMPA receptor targeting and that GIT1 may play an important role in the organization of presynaptic and postsynaptic multiprotein complexes...
- Interaction of the ERC family of RIM-binding proteins with the liprin-alpha family of multidomain proteinsJaewon Ko
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Synaptogenesis and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 278:42377-85. 2003..These results suggest that the interaction between ERC2 and liprin-alpha may be involved in the presynaptic localization of liprin-alpha and the molecular organization of presynaptic active zones...
- Identification and characterization of human PPFIA4 gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Mol Med 12:1009-14. 2003..3, while exons 11-29 within AL451082.6. PPFIA4-MYOG locus (human chromosome 1q32.1) was paralogous to PPFIA2-LIN7A-MYF5-MYF6 locus (12q21.31), which was also paralogous to PPFIA3-LIN7B locus (19q13.41)...
- Liprin-mediated large signaling complex organization revealed by the liprin-α/CASK and liprin-α/liprin-β complex structuresZhiyi Wei
Division of Life Science, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, Molecular Neuroscience Center, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Mol Cell 43:586-98. 2011..Finally, formation of the CASK/liprin-α/liprin-β ternary complex suggests that liprins can mediate assembly of target proteins into large protein complexes capable of regulating numerous cellular activities...
- Genome-Wide Association Study of SchizophreniaDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- GENETIC LINKAGE OF SCHIZOPHRENIA AND RELATED STUDIESDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of the study is to identify one or more SZ susceptibility genes whose subsequent characterization inmolecular and functional studies will elucidate the pathophysiology and treatment of SZ. ..
- GENETICS OF RECURRENT EARLY-ONSET DEPRESSIONDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..A timetable is proposed for rapid sharing of all biological materials, blinded clinical data, genotypes and linkage analyses with the scientific community through the NIMH-sponsored Center for Genetic Studies. ..
- Genetics of Early-Onset DepressionDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Multicenter Genetics Studies of SchizophreniaDouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MULTICENTER GENETIC STUDIES OF SCHIZOPHRENIADouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may assist investigators in determining which candidate regions are most deserving of intensive efforts to find disease-related genes, and the most likely locations of these genes within the regions. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADouglas Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Power analyses suggest that this study would have excellent power to detect loci associated with lambda sibs of 1.4, and moderate power for a value of 1.3, i.e., loci with relatively small etiologic effects. ..