Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: POMGNT2
Description: protein O-linked mannose N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2 (beta 1,4-)
Alias: AGO61, C3orf39, GTDC2, MDDGA8, protein O-linked-mannose beta-1,4-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2, glycosyltransferase-like domain containing 2, glycosyltransferase-like domain-containing protein 2
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Ahn M, Kim B, Kim H, Yoon H, Jee S, Hwang J, et al. Anti-Obesity Effect of Bombus ignitus Queen Glycosaminoglycans in Rats on a High-Fat Diet. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The data suggest that IQG could potentially prevent or treat fatty liver or hyperlipidemia. ..
- Nauom S, da Silva Neto B, Ribeiro M, Pedersoli W, Ulhoa C, Silva R, et al. Biochemical and Molecular Study of Trichoderma harzianum Enriched Secretome Protein Profiles Using Lectin Affinity Chromatography. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2019;187:1-13 pubmed publisher..harzianum in presence of different cell walls of two phytopathogens. ..
- Rajkovic A, Erickson S, Witzky A, Branson O, Seo J, Gafken P, et al. Cyclic Rhamnosylated Elongation Factor P Establishes Antibiotic Resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. MBio. 2015;6:e00823 pubmed publisher..Instead, bacteria such as P. aeruginosa activate EF-P by posttranslational modification with rhamnose, revealing a new role for protein glycosylation that may also prove useful as a target for the development of novel antibiotics. ..
- MartÃnez NÃºÃ±ez L, Riquelme M. Role of BGT-1 and BGT-2, two predicted GPI-anchored glycoside hydrolases/glycosyltransferases, in cell wall remodeling in Neurospora crassa. Fungal Genet Biol. 2015;85:58-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the conidiation defects observed in the mutants indicate a significant role of BGT-1 and BGT-2 on the re-arrangement of glucans needed at the conidiophore cell wall to allow conidial separation. ..
- Pang M, Bai X, Li Y, Bai J, Yuan L, Ren S, et al. Label-free LC-MS/MS shotgun proteomics to investigate the anti-inflammatory effect of rCC16. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4496-4504 pubmed publisher..These protein profiles, and their interacting protein network, may facilitate the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms underlying the anti?inflammatory effects of CC16. ..
- Gaurivaud P, Baranowski E, Pau Roblot C, SagnÃ© E, Citti C, Tardy F. Mycoplasma agalactiae Secretion of Î²-(1â†’6)-Glucan, a Rare Polysaccharide in Prokaryotes, Is Governed by High-Frequency Phase Variation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:3370-3383 pubmed publisher..Finally, the present report contributes to unravel the role of secreted polysaccharides in the virulence and pathogenicity of these peculiar bacteria. ..
- Ladage M, King S, Burks D, Quan D, Garcia A, Azad R, et al. Glucose or Altered Ceramide Biosynthesis Mediate Oxygen Deprivation Sensitivity Through Novel Pathways Revealed by Transcriptome Analysis in Caenorhabditis elegans. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:3149-3160 pubmed publisher..These studies provide evidence that the detoxification system impacts oxygen deprivation responses and that C. elegans can be used to model the conserved detoxification system. ..
- Basu S, Boyle P, Ma R, Agarwal A, Basu M, Moskal J, et al. Induction of Apoptosis in Metastatic Breast Cancer Cells: XV. Downregulation of DNA Polymerase-α - Helicase Complex (Replisomes) and Glyco-Genes. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2018;1112:199-221 pubmed publisher..Perhaps induced apoptosis would improve the prognosis in metastatic breast and colon cancer patients. ..
- Huang F, Hinkelmann J, Schwab W. Glucosylation of aroma chemicals and hydroxy fatty acids. J Biotechnol. 2015;216:100-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this procedure is a simple operation, environmentally friendly, and is useful for the preparation of glycosides as additives for food and cosmetics. ..
- Matousková P, Lecová L, Laing R, Dimunová D, Vogel H, Raisová Stuchlíková L, et al. UDP-glycosyltransferase family in Haemonchus contortus: Phylogenetic analysis, constitutive expression, sex-differences and resistance-related differences. Int J Parasitol Drugs Drug Resist. 2018;8:420-429 pubmed publisher..As resistant strains were able to deactivate benzimidazole anthelmintics via glycosylation more effectively then the sensitive strain, UGT368B2 enhanced constitutive expression might contribute to drug resistance in H. contortus. ..
- Wu Q, Liu H, Liu Y, Liu W, Pan D, Zhang W, et al. Decreased expression of hepatocyte nuclear factor 4Î± (Hnf4Î±)/microRNA-122 (miR-122) axis in hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma enhances potential oncogenic GALNT10 protein activity. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:1170-85 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal a novel Hnf4Î±/miR-122/GALNT10 regulatory pathway that facilitates EGF miR-122 activation and hepatoma growth in HBV-associated hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Taniguchi N, Kizuka Y. Glycans and cancer: role of N-glycans in cancer biomarker, progression and metastasis, and therapeutics. Adv Cancer Res. 2015;126:11-51 pubmed publisher..Fut8 is involved in expression of cancer biomarker as well as in the treatment of cancer. In addition to these enzymes, GnT-IV and GnT-IX (GnT-Vb) will be also discussed in relation to cancer. ..
- Bock K. The UDP-glycosyltransferase (UGT) superfamily expressed in humans, insects and plants: Animal-plant arms-race and co-evolution. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;99:11-7 pubmed publisher..It is to be anticipated that phytochemicals may provide a rich source in beneficial drugs. ..
- Fiete D, Mi Y, Beranek M, Baenziger N, Baenziger J. The glycan-specific sulfotransferase (R77W)GalNAc-4-ST1 putatively responsible for peeling skin syndrome has normal properties consistent with a simple sequence polymorphisim. Glycobiology. 2017;27:450-456 pubmed publisher..This study presents an example for guiding biomedical research initiatives, as well as medical and personal/family perspectives, regarding newly-identified genomic sequence differences. ..
- Li Y, Hou J, Wang F, Sheng J. High-throughput assays of leloir-glycosyltransferase reactions: The applications of rYND1 in glycotechnology. J Biotechnol. 2016;227:10-18 pubmed publisher..The rYND1 is amenable to screening methods and could be applied to a wide range of Leloir-GT-catalyzed reactions, therefore representing a remarkable step forward in glycotechnology. ..
- Yang Y, Wang M, Yin Y, Onac E, Zhou G, Peng S, et al. RNA-seq analysis reveals the role of red light in resistance against Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 in tomato plants. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:120 pubmed publisher..The red light induced-resistance to Pto DC3000 at night is associated with enhancement of the SA pathway, cellulose synthase, and reduced redox homeostasis. ..
- Falchi F, Maccagni E, Puccio S, Peano C, De Castro C, Palmigiano A, et al. Mutation and Suppressor Analysis of the Essential Lipopolysaccharide Transport Protein LptA Reveals Strategies To Overcome Severe Outer Membrane Permeability Defects in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2018;200: pubmed publisher..The analysis of two independent suppressors revealed different strategies adopted by the cell to overcome defects in LPS biogenesis. ..
- Klima C, Cook S, Zaheer R, Laing C, Gannon V, Xu Y, et al. Comparative Genomic Analysis of Mannheimia haemolytica from Bovine Sources. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149520 pubmed publisher..The findings here identify key features that are likely contributing to serotype related pathogenesis and specific targets for vaccine design intended to reduce the dependency on antibiotics to treat respiratory infection in cattle. ..
- Chang T, Wu J, Wang T, Wu K, Chiang C. Uridine Diphosphate-Dependent Glycosyltransferases from Bacillus subtilis ATCC 6633 Catalyze the 15-O-Glycosylation of Ganoderic Acid A. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The two BsUGTs in the present study are the first identified enzymes that catalyze the 15-O-glycosylation of triterpenoids. ..
- Gerlach D, Guo Y, De Castro C, Kim S, Schlatterer K, Xu F, et al. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus alters cell wall glycosylation to evade immunity. Nature. 2018;563:705-709 pubmed publisher..These results will help with the identification of invariant S. aureus vaccine antigens and may enable the development of TarP inhibitors as a new strategy for rendering MRSA susceptible to human host defences. ..
- Mishra M, Singh G, Tiwari S, Singh R, Kumari N, Misra P. Characterization of Arabidopsis sterol glycosyltransferase TTG15/UGT80B1 role during freeze and heat stress. Plant Signal Behav. 2015;10:e1075682 pubmed publisher..From these results, it may be concluded that due to low content of free sterols and sterol glycosides, the physiology of mutant plants was more affected during both, the chilling and heat stress. ..
- Yuan Y, Yu M, Jia Z, Song X, Liang Y, Zhang J. Analysis of Dendrobium huoshanense transcriptome unveils putative genes associated with active ingredients synthesis. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:978 pubmed publisher..huoshanense. These data contribute to our deeper relevant researches on active ingredients and provide useful insights into the molecular mechanisms regulating polysaccharides and alkaloids in Dendrobium. ..
- Vanegas K, Larsen A, Eichenberger M, Fischer D, Mortensen U, Naesby M. Indirect and direct routes to C-glycosylated flavones in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microb Cell Fact. 2018;17:107 pubmed publisher..The current study features yeast as a promising host for production of flavone C-glycosides, and it provides a set of tools and strains for identifying and studying CGTs and their mechanisms of C-glycosylation. ..
- Tahara K, Nishiguchi M, Frolov A, Mittasch J, Milkowski C. Identification of UDP glucosyltransferases from the aluminum-resistant tree Eucalyptus camaldulensis forming ?-glucogallin, the precursor of hydrolyzable tannins. Phytochemistry. 2018;152:154-161 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the UGT84A subfamily enzymes of E. camaldulensis are responsible for constitutive production of 1-O-galloyl-?-d-glucose, which is the first step of hydrolyzable tannin biosynthesis. ..
- Tavares CarreÃ³n F, Fathy Mohamed Y, Andrade A, Valvano M. ArnT proteins that catalyze the glycosylation of lipopolysaccharide share common features with bacterial N-oligosaccharyltransferases. Glycobiology. 2016;26:286-300 pubmed publisher..We propose that lipid A and protein glycosylation enzymes share a conserved catalytic mechanism despite their evolutionary divergence. ..
- Tan R, Kuang Z, Hao Y, Lee F, Lee T, Lee R, et al. Type IV pilus glycosylation mediates resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to opsonic activities of the pulmonary surfactant protein A. Infect Immun. 2015;83:1339-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that O-glycosylation of Tfp with O-ag specifically confers resistance to opsonization during host-mediated phagocytosis. ..
- Li B, Su S, Zhang M, He L, Wang Q, He K. Effect of GnT-V knockdown on the proliferation, migration and invasion of the SMMC7721/R human hepatocellular carcinoma drug-resistant cell line. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:469-76 pubmed publisher..GnTâ€‘Vâ€‘knockdown may therefore be used to treat drugâ€‘resistant HCC in the future. ..
- Lombard J. The multiple evolutionary origins of the eukaryotic N-glycosylation pathway. Biol Direct. 2016;11:36 pubmed publisher..This article was reviewed by Pr. Patrick Forterre and Dr. Sergei Mekhedov (nominated by Editorial Board member Michael Galperin). ..
- Liu C, Zhao N, Yamaguchi Y, Cirrito J, Kanekiyo T, Holtzman D, et al. Neuronal heparan sulfates promote amyloid pathology by modulating brain amyloid-? clearance and aggregation in Alzheimer's disease. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:332ra44 pubmed publisher..Our findings have implications for AD pathogenesis and provide insight into therapeutic interventions targeting A?-HSPG interactions. ..
- Soule T, Shipe D, Lothamer J. Extracellular Polysaccharide Production in a Scytonemin-Deficient Mutant of Nostoc punctiforme Under UVA and Oxidative Stress. Curr Microbiol. 2016;73:455-62 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that EPS secretion occurs in response to the oxidative stress by-product of UVA rather than as a direct response to UVA radiation. ..
- Graebin N, Schöffer J, Andrades D, Hertz P, Ayub M, Rodrigues R. Immobilization of Glycoside Hydrolase Families GH1, GH13, and GH70: State of the Art and Perspectives. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..In each case, the immobilization protocols are evaluated considering their positive and negative aspects. Finally, the perspectives on new immobilization methods are briefly presented. ..
- Phan J, Tucker M, Khor S, Shirley N, Lahnstein J, Beahan C, et al. Differences in glycosyltransferase family 61 accompany variation in seed coat mucilage composition in Plantago spp. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:6481-6495 pubmed..cunninghamii. Our results indicate that natural variation in Plantago species can be exploited to reveal novel details of seed coat development and polysaccharide biosynthetic pathways. ..
- Dai L, Li J, Yao P, Zhu Y, Men Y, Zeng Y, et al. Exploiting the aglycon promiscuity of glycosyltransferase Bs-YjiC from Bacillus subtilis and its application in synthesis of glycosides. J Biotechnol. 2017;248:69-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the aglycon promiscuity of Bs-YjiC and demonstrate its significant application prospect in biosynthesis of valuable natural products. ..
- Kim H, Park J, Kim S, Shin D. Crystal structure of d-glycero-?-d-manno-heptose-1-phosphate guanylyltransferase from Yersinia pseudotuberculosis. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2018;1866:482-487 pubmed publisher..We suggest that EXXPLGTGGA and L(S/A/G)X(S/G) motifs are probably essential to bind with GTP and a FSFE motif with substrate. ..
- Rehman H, Nawaz M, Shah Z, Ludwig Müller J, Chung G, Ahmad M, et al. Comparative genomic and transcriptomic analyses of Family-1 UDP glycosyltransferase in three Brassica species and Arabidopsis indicates stress-responsive regulation. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1875 pubmed publisher..This study identifies unique candidate UGTs for the manipulation of biotic and abiotic stress pathways in Brassica and Arabidopsis. ..
- AvilÃ©s Reyes A, Freires I, Besingi R, Purushotham S, Deivanayagam C, Brady L, et al. Characterization of the pgf operon involved in the posttranslational modification of Streptococcus mutans surface proteins. Sci Rep. 2018;8:4705 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the pgS-pgfM1-pgfE-pgfM2 operon encodes for a protein machinery that can modify, likely through the addition of glycans, both core and non-core gene products in S. mutans. ..
- Wei W, Wang P, Wei Y, Liu Q, Yang C, Zhao G, et al. CharacterizationÂ of Panax ginseng UDP-Glycosyltransferases Catalyzing Protopanaxatriol and Biosyntheses of Bioactive Ginsenosides F1 and Rh1 in Metabolically Engineered Yeasts. Mol Plant. 2015;8:1412-24 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals the possible biosynthetic pathways of PPT-type ginsenosides in Panax plants, and providesÂ a sound manufacturing approach for bioactive PPT-type ginsenosides in yeast via synthetic biology strategies. ..
- Arbatsky N, Shneider M, Kenyon J, Shashkov A, Popova A, Miroshnikov K, et al. Structure of the neutral capsular polysaccharide of Acinetobacter baumannii NIPH146 that carries the KL37 capsule gene cluster. Carbohydr Res. 2015;413:12-5 pubmed publisher..KL37 contains two genes for glycosyltransferases that are related to two glycosyltransferase genes present in both KL3 and KL22, and the encoded proteins could be tentatively assigned to linkages between sugars in the CPS repeat. ..
- Kuwabara N, Manya H, Yamada T, Tateno H, Kanagawa M, Kobayashi K, et al. Carbohydrate-binding domain of the POMGnT1 stem region modulates O-mannosylation sites of ?-dystroglycan. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:9280-5 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our findings, we propose a mechanism for the deficiency in postphosphoryl modification of the glycan observed in POMGnT1-KO mice and MEB patients. ..
- Esposito T, de Stefano G, Reccia M, Di Lorenzo I, Napolitano F, ScalabrÃ¬ F, et al. Dysregulation of the Expression of Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 13 Short Isoform 2 Affects Nephrin Function by Altering Its N-Linked Glycosylation. Nephron. 2017;136:143-150 pubmed publisher..These results provide preliminary evidence that ALG13-is2 could be an important modifier of renal filtration defects. ..
- Zhuang Y, Yang G, Chen X, Liu Q, Zhang X, Deng Z, et al. Biosynthesis of plant-derived ginsenoside Rh2 in yeast via repurposing a key promiscuous microbial enzyme. Metab Eng. 2017;42:25-32 pubmed publisher..90mg/g DCW, which was more than 900-fold higher than the starting strain. Finally, fed-batch fermentation in a 5-L bioreactor led to production of ~300mg/L Rh2, which was the highest titer reported. ..
- Klein B, Cornacchione L, Collins M, Malamy M, Duncan M, Hu L. Using Tn-seq To Identify Pigmentation-Related Genes of Porphyromonas gingivalis: Characterization of the Role of a Putative Glycosyltransferase. J Bacteriol. 2017;199: pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the genes involved in pigmentation may lead to new insights into the complex mechanisms involved in this important virulence characteristic and could facilitate development of novel therapeutics. ..
- Pastuch Gawolek G, Chaubey B, Szewczyk B, Krol E. Novel thioglycosyl analogs of glycosyltransferase substrates as antiviral compounds against classical swine fever virus and hepatitis C virus. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;137:247-262 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that compounds 13 and 14 showed a strong inhibition, up to 90% of replication which inscribe them in the promising alternative approach for the development of new anti-CSFV and anti-HCV drugs. ..
- Roy D, Athey T, Auger J, Goyette Desjardins G, Van Calsteren M, Takamatsu D, et al. A single amino acid polymorphism in the glycosyltransferase CpsK defines four Streptococcus suis serotypes. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4066 pubmed publisher..We also show that the different CPS structures have similar antiphagocytic properties and that serotype switching has limited impact on the virulence of S. suis. ..
- Frattini P, Villa C, De Santis F, Meregalli M, Belicchi M, Erratico S, et al. Autologous intramuscular transplantation of engineered satellite cells induces exosome-mediated systemic expression of Fukutin-related protein and rescues disease phenotype in a murine model of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2I. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:3682-3698 pubmed publisher
- Bohl T, Shi K, Lee J, Aihara H. Crystal structure of lipid A disaccharide synthase LpxB from Escherichia coli. Nat Commun. 2018;9:377 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the basis for rational design of antibiotics targeting a crucial step in LPS biosynthesis. ..
- Li Y, Wang B, Dong R, Hou B. AtUGT76C2, an Arabidopsis cytokinin glycosyltransferase is involved in drought stress adaptation. Plant Sci. 2015;236:157-67 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that UGT76C2, as a cytokinin glycosyltransferase, is involved in the plant response to drought stress and might represent novel cues in abiotic stress adaptation. ..
- Eş I, Ribeiro M, Dos Santos Júnior S, Khaneghah A, Rodriguez A, Amaral A. Production of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase by immobilized Bacillus sp. on chitosan matrix. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2016;39:1487-500 pubmed publisher..75 U ml(-1) in 36 h) on cornstarch. Application of immobilization technique increased CGTase activity significantly. The immobilized cells produced CGTase with higher activity in a shorter fermentation time comparing to free cells. ..
- King D, Wasney G, Nosella M, Fong A, Strynadka N. Structural Insights into Inhibition of Escherichia coli Penicillin-binding Protein 1B. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:979-993 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these biochemical and structural data allow us to propose new insights into inhibition of both enzymatic domains in PBP1b. ..
- Xu W, Bobet S, Le Gourrierec J, Grain D, De Vos D, Berger A, et al. TRANSPARENT TESTA 16 and 15 act through different mechanisms to control proanthocyanidin accumulation in Arabidopsis testa. J Exp Bot. 2017;68:2859-2870 pubmed publisher..Finally this study provides new insight showing that TT16 and TT15 functions extend beyond PA biosynthesis in the inner integuments of the Arabidopsis seed coat. ..
- Calderon A, Zhou J, Guan W, Wu Z, Guo Y, Bai J, et al. An enzymatic strategy to asymmetrically branched N-glycans. Org Biomol Chem. 2017;15:7258-7262 pubmed publisher..The yielding structures were then converted to asymmetrically branched core structures by robust glycosyltransferase for further extension. ..
- Qiu C, Wang J, Fan H, Bai Y, Tian Y, Xu X, et al. High-efficiency production of ?-cyclodextrin using ?-cyclodextrin as the donor raw material by cyclodextrin opening reactions using recombinant cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase. Carbohydr Polym. 2018;182:75-80 pubmed publisher..A maximum ?-CD yield of 32.9% was achieved by recombinant CGTase in the presence of 5-cyclohexadecen-1-one. This could be a promising method for the industrial production of ?-CD. ..
- Wu H, Li W, Xin C, Zhang C, Wang Y, Ren S, et al. In vivo investigation to the macrolide-glycosylating enzyme pair DesVII/DesVIII in Saccharopolyspora erythraea. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:2257-66 pubmed publisher..Our study presents an opportunity with Sac. erythraea as a cell factory for macrolide glycodiversification. ..
- Lin Y, Show P, Yap Y, Ariff A, Mohammad Annuar M, Lai O, et al. Production of Î³-cyclodextrin by Bacillus cereus cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase using extractive bioconversion in polymer-salt aqueous two-phase system. J Biosci Bioeng. 2016;121:692-696 pubmed publisher..51). Repetitive batch processes of extractive bioconversion were successfully recycled three times, indicating that this is an environmental friendly and a cost saving technique for Î³-CD production and purification. ..
- Wang L, Duan X, Wu J. Enhancing the Î±-Cyclodextrin Specificity of Cyclodextrin Glycosyltransferase from Paenibacillus macerans by Mutagenesis Masking Subsite -7. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2247-2255 pubmed publisher..Further increases in Î±-cyclodextrin selectivity will require identification of the mechanism or mechanisms by which these small quantities of larger cyclodextrins are formed. ..
- Zhou D, Chen C, Xu L, Utkina N, Danilov L, Torgov V, et al. Mass spectrometric characterization of a two-glycosyltransferase tandem reaction for assembly of tetrasaccharide repeating unit of Escherichia coli O77 O-antigen. Carbohydr Res. 2016;424:24-9 pubmed publisher..This study provided valuable information for the understanding of diversified glycosyltransferase (GT) functions and the two GTs characterized can serve as additional enzyme sources for possible pharmaceutical related applications. ..
- Tikad A, Fu H, Sevrain C, Laurent S, Nierengarten J, Vincent S. Mechanistic Insight into Heptosyltransferase Inhibition by using Kdo Multivalent Glycoclusters. Chemistry. 2016;22:13147-55 pubmed publisher..This aggregative property may contribute to the global multivalent enzyme inhibition, but probably do not constitute the main origin of inhibition. ..
- Ma T, Dai Y, Li N, Huo Q, Li H, Zhang Y, et al. Enzymatic biosynthesis of novel neobavaisoflavone glucosides via Bacillus UDP-glycosyltransferase. Chin J Nat Med. 2017;15:281-287 pubmed publisher..47 to 72.81 ÂµmolÂ·L-1. These results suggest that in vitro enzymatic glycosylation is a powerful approach to structural modification, improving water-solubility. ..
- Cui H, Yang S, Jiang Y, Li C, Zhao Y, Shi Y, et al. The glycosyltransferase ST6Gal-I is enriched in cancer stem-like cells in colorectal carcinoma and contributes to their chemo-resistance. Clin Transl Oncol. 2018;20:1175-1184 pubmed publisher..ST6Gal-I may be highly expressed in the cancer stem-like cells in CRC and enhances cancer cell resistance to chemotherapy. ..
- Liang W, Yang L, Mei C, Xu D, Deng G, He Y, et al. [Study of molecular mechanism for a blood sample with A3 phenotype]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2015;32:703-6 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION A variant allele (A307) has been identified for the first time in mainland China, which is responsible for the formation of A3 phenotype. ..
- Shin J, Pandey R, Jung H, Chu L, Park Y, Sohng J. In vitro single-vessel enzymatic synthesis of novel Resvera-A glucosides. Carbohydr Res. 2016;424:8-14 pubmed publisher..Structures of both products were elucidated using liquid chromatography, mass spectroscopy, and nuclear magnetic resonance analysis. ..
- Halmo S, Singh D, Patel S, Wang S, Edlin M, Boons G, et al. Protein O-Linked Mannose Î²-1,4-N-Acetylglucosaminyl-transferase 2 (POMGNT2) Is a Gatekeeper Enzyme for Functional Glycosylation of Î±-Dystroglycan. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2101-2109 pubmed publisher..Protein O-linked mannose Î²-1,4-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2 (POMGNT2) catalyzes the first step toward the functional matriglycan structure on Î±-dystroglycan that is responsible ..
- Sengoku T, Suzuki T, Dohmae N, Watanabe C, Honma T, Hikida Y, et al. Structural basis of protein arginine rhamnosylation by glycosyltransferase EarP. Nat Chem Biol. 2018;14:368-374 pubmed publisher..The Arg32 binding and accompanying structural change of EarP may induce a change in the rhamnose-ring conformation suitable for the reaction. ..
- Manzini M, Tambunan D, Hill R, Yu T, Maynard T, Heinzen E, et al. Exome sequencing and functional validation in zebrafish identify GTDC2 mutations as a cause of Walker-Warburg syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:541-7 pubmed publisher..Using WES in consanguineous WWS-affected families, we found multiple deleterious mutations in GTDC2 (also known as AGO61)...
- DÃaz Lobo M, Garcia AmorÃ³s J, Fita I, Velasco D, Guinovart J, Ferrer J. Selective photoregulation of the activity of glycogen synthase and glycogen phosphorylase, two key enzymes in glycogen metabolism. Org Biomol Chem. 2015;13:7282-8 pubmed publisher..The ability to selectively photoregulate the catalytic activity of key enzymes of glycogen metabolism may represent a new approach for the treatment of glycogen metabolism disorders. ..
- Overwin H, Wray V, Hofer B. Biotransformation of phloretin by amylosucrase yields three novel dihydrochalcone glucosides. J Biotechnol. 2015;211:103-6 pubmed publisher..A first biological characterization in a cell viability assay showed that each sugar attachment reduced the compound toxicity approximately two-fold. ..
- Rempe K, Spruce L, Porsch E, Seeholzer S, NÃ¸rskov Lauritsen N, St Geme J. Unconventional N-Linked Glycosylation Promotes Trimeric Autotransporter Function in Kingella kingae and Aggregatibacter aphrophilus. MBio. 2015;6: pubmed publisher..In the absence of glycosylation, Knh and EmaA lack adhesive activity. This work has relevance to our understanding of bacterial pathogenicity and expression of potential vaccine antigens. ..
- Hao Y, Murphy K, Lo R, Khursigara C, Lam J. Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms Found in the migA and wbpX Glycosyltransferase Genes Account for the Intrinsic Lipopolysaccharide Defects Exhibited by Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA14. J Bacteriol. 2015;197:2780-91 pubmed publisher..Restoring CPA production in PA14 was found to stimulate mature biofilm formation. ..
- Liebau J, Pettersson P, Szpryngiel S, MÃ¤ler L. Membrane Interaction of the Glycosyltransferase WaaG. Biophys J. 2015;109:552-63 pubmed publisher..coli, where the central part of MIR-WaaG inserts into one leaflet of the bilayer. In this model, electrostatic interactions as well as surface-exposed Tyr residues bind WaaG to the membrane. ..
- SebastiÃ¡n M, Smith A, GonzÃ¡lez J, Fredricks H, Van Mooy B, KoblÃÅ¾ek M, et al. Lipid remodelling is a widespread strategy in marine heterotrophic bacteria upon phosphorus deficiency. ISME J. 2016;10:968-78 pubmed publisher..Together, our results point to the key role of lipid substitution as an adaptive strategy enabling heterotrophic bacteria to thrive in the vast P-depleted areas of the ocean. ..
- Chen H, Xiong Z, Liu K, Li S, Wang R, Wang X, et al. Transcriptional profiling of the two-component regulatory system VraSR in Staphylococcus aureus with low-level vancomycin resistance. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2016;47:362-7 pubmed publisher..aureus. In conclusion, VraSR plays an important role in S. aureus strains with low-level vancomycin resistance. PrsA, FmtA, glycosyltransferase and TcaA are regulated directly or indirectly by VraSR. ..
- Cho A, Lee S, Kim B, Ahn J. Biosynthesis of three N-acetylaminosugar-conjugated flavonoids using engineered Escherichia coli. Microb Cell Fact. 2016;15:182 pubmed..Using engineered E. coli strains harboring a specific UGT, three novel flavonoids glycones were synthesized. The E. coli strains used in this study can be used for the synthesis of diverse glycones. ..
- Fang L, Ishikawa T, Rennie E, Murawska G, Lao J, Yan J, et al. Loss of Inositol Phosphorylceramide Sphingolipid Mannosylation Induces Plant Immune Responses and Reduces Cellulose Content in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:2991-3004 pubmed publisher..2013). Unexpectedly, we show that gmt1 cell walls have a reduction in cellulose content, although other matrix polysaccharides are unchanged. ..
- Banerjee D, Zhang Z, Baksi K, Serrano Negrón J. Dolichol phosphate mannose synthase: a Glycosyltransferase with Unity in molecular diversities. Glycoconj J. 2017;34:467-479 pubmed publisher..Because of an apparent bio-sensing ability, extracellular signaling and microenvironment regulate DPMS catalytic activity. In this review, we highlight some important features and the molecular diversities of DPMS. ..
- Liang H, Hu Z, Zhang T, Gong T, Chen J, Zhu P, et al. Production of a bioactive unnatural ginsenoside by metabolically engineered yeasts based on a new UDP-glycosyltransferase from Bacillus subtilis. Metab Eng. 2017;44:60-69 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study has established an alternative route to produce the unnatural ginsenoside 3?,12?-Di-O-Glc-PPD by synthetic biology strategies, which provides a promising candidate for anti-cancer drug discovery. ..
- Jiang J, Wagner G. An acceptor analogue of ?-1,4-galactosyltransferase: Substrate, inhibitor, or both?. Carbohydr Res. 2017;450:54-59 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore have important implications for the use of 2-naphthyl ?-d-GlcNAc and related glycosides as tool compounds in glycobiology and glycobiochemistry. ..
- Eichler J, Imperiali B. Stereochemical Divergence of Polyprenol Phosphate Glycosyltransferases. Trends Biochem Sci. 2018;43:10-17 pubmed publisher..In this Opinion we propose that the stereochemistry of sugar addition by polyprenol phosphate glycosyltransferases is not conserved across evolution, even though the GT-A fold that characterizes such enzymes is omnipresent. ..
- Egan A, Biboy J, van t Veer I, Breukink E, Vollmer W. Activities and regulation of peptidoglycan synthases. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2015;370: pubmed publisher..As an example, we demonstrate a synergistic effect of multiple protein-protein interactions on the glycosyltransferase activity of PBP1B, by its cognate lipoprotein activator LpoB and the essential cell division protein FtsN. ..
- Chugh S, Meza J, Sheinin Y, Ponnusamy M, Batra S. Loss of N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 3 in poorly differentiated pancreatic cancer: augmented aggressiveness and aberrant ErbB family glycosylation. Br J Cancer. 2016;114:1376-86 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that loss of GALNT3 occurs in poorly differentiated PDAC, which is associated with the increased aggressiveness and altered glycosylation of ErbB family proteins. ..
- Dura A, Yokoyama W, Rosell C. Glycemic Response to Corn Starch Modified with Cyclodextrin Glycosyltransferase and its Relationship to Physical Properties. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2016;71:252-8 pubmed publisher..Significant correlations were found between glycemic curves and viscosity pattern of starches. ..
- Del Puerto L, Rovetta R, Navatta M, Fontana C, Lin G, Moyna G, et al. Negligible elongation of mucin glycans with Gal Î²1-3 units distinguishes the laminated layer of Echinococcus multilocularis from that of Echinococcus granulosus. Int J Parasitol. 2016;46:311-21 pubmed publisher..The candidate gene was experimentally verified to be transcribed at much higher levels in the larva of E. granulosus than that of E. multilocularis. ..
- Sulzenbacher G, Roig Zamboni V, Lebrun R, Guerardel Y, Murat D, Mansuelle P, et al. Glycosylate and move! The glycosyltransferase Maf is involved in bacterial flagella formation. Environ Microbiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Xia W, Rui W, Zhao W, Sheng S, Lei L, Feng Y, et al. Stable isotope labeling and 2,3,5,4'-tetrahydroxystilbene-2-O-?-D-glucopyranoside biosynthetic pathway characterization in Fallopia multiflora. Planta. 2018;247:613-623 pubmed publisher..The results of the enzyme activity experiments and the distributions of PD and THSG were used to determine the main site and pathway of THSG biosynthesis in F. multiflora. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang Y, Li M. High-level secretion and characterization of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase in recombinant Komagataella phaffii. J Biotechnol. 2017;259:126-134 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the recombinant CGTase could have potential industrial applications. ..