Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: POLR1E
Description: RNA polymerase I subunit E
Alias: PAF53, PRAF1, DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA49, DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit E, RNA polymerase I subunit A49, RNA polymerase I-associated factor 53, polymerase (RNA) I associated factor 1, polymerase (RNA) I polypeptide E, 53kDa, polymerase (RNA) I subunit E
- Rothblum L, Rothblum K, Chang E. PAF53 is essential in mammalian cells: CRISPR/Cas9 fails to eliminate PAF53 expression. Gene. 2017;612:55-60 pubmed publisher..Muramatsu's laboratory (Hanada et al., 1996) first demonstrated that mammalian PAF53 was essential for specific rDNA transcription and that PAF53 levels were regulated in response to growth factors...
- Cai S, Liu X, Zhang C, Xing B, Du X. Autoacetylation of NAT10 is critical for its function in rRNA transcription activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:624-629 pubmed publisher..NAT10 K426R loses its capability of acetylating UBF though it still binds UBF, which fails to recruit PAF53 and RNA polymerase I to rDNA, eventually resulting in inhibition of pre-rRNA transcription...
- Bjerregaard B, Wrenzycki C, Strejcek F, Laurincik J, Holm P, Ochs R, et al. Expression of nucleolar-related proteins in porcine preimplantation embryos produced in vivo and in vitro. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:867-76 pubmed..upstream binding factor [UBF], topoisomerase I, RNA polymerase I [RNA Pol I], and the RNA Pol I-associated factor PAF53) and processing (fibrillarin, nucleophosmin, and nucleolin) was assessed by immunocytochemistry and confocal laser-..
- Edvardson S, Nicolae C, Agrawal P, Mignot C, Payne K, Prasad A, et al. Heterozygous De Novo UBTF Gain-of-Function Variant Is Associated with Neurodegeneration in Childhood. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:267-273 pubmed publisher..While the levels of UBF, Ser388 phosphorylated UBF, and other Pol I-related components (POLR1E, TAF1A, and TAF1C) remained unchanged in cells of an affected individual, the variant conferred gain of function ..
- Voit R, Grummt I. Phosphorylation of UBF at serine 388 is required for interaction with RNA polymerase I and activation of rDNA transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13631-6 pubmed..The results suggest that phosphorylation of UBF represents a powerful means of modulating the assembly of the transcription initiation complex in a proliferation- and cell cycle-dependent fashion. ..
- Bjerregaard B, Wrenzycki C, Philimonenko V, Hozak P, Laurincik J, Niemann H, et al. Regulation of ribosomal RNA synthesis during the final phases of porcine oocyte growth. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:925-35 pubmed..and expression of components involved in regulation of the rRNA synthesis (the RNA polymerase I-associated factor PAF53, upstream binding factor [UBF], and the pocket proteins p130 and pRb) were assessed by immunocytochemistry and ..
- Baran V, Pavlok A, Bjerregaard B, Wrenzycki C, Hermann D, Philimonenko V, et al. Immunolocalization of upstream binding factor and pocket protein p130 during final stages of bovine oocyte growth. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:877-86 pubmed..The cap structure, attached to the compact nucleolus surface, was positive for UBF and PAF53 (subunit of RNA polymerase I). The UBF-positive cap showed a close structural association with p130...
- Birch J, Tan B, Panov K, Panova T, Andersen J, Owen Hughes T, et al. FACT facilitates chromatin transcription by RNA polymerases I and III. EMBO J. 2009;28:854-65 pubmed publisher..Our data also imply that local chromatin dynamics influence transcription of the active rRNA genes by Pol I and of Pol III-transcribed genes. ..
- Albert B, LÃ©ger Silvestre I, Normand C, Ostermaier M, PÃ©rez FernÃ¡ndez J, Panov K, et al. RNA polymerase I-specific subunits promote polymerase clustering to enhance the rRNA gene transcription cycle. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:277-93 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest that localized rRNA production results in spatially constrained rRNA production, which is instrumental for nucleolar assembly. ..
- Chen S, Seiler J, Santiago Reichelt M, Felbel K, Grummt I, Voit R. Repression of RNA polymerase I upon stress is caused by inhibition of RNA-dependent deacetylation of PAF53 by SIRT7. Mol Cell. 2013;52:303-13 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the nuclear Sirtuin SIRT7 targets PAF53, a subunit of RNA polymerase I (Pol I)...