Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: POLN
Description: polymerase (DNA directed) nu
Alias: POL4P, DNA polymerase N, DNA polymerase POL4P, DNA polymerase nu
- POLN, a nuclear PolA family DNA polymerase homologous to the DNA cross-link sensitivity protein Mus308Federica Marini
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Hillman Cancer Center, Research Pavilion, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 278:32014-9. 2003..We report here the identification, cloning, and characterization of POLN and its gene product, a new mammalian DNA polymerase also related to Mus308...
- A unique error signature for human DNA polymerase nuMercedes E Arana
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, DHHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:213-23. 2007Human DNA polymerase nu (pol nu) is one of three A family polymerases conserved in vertebrates. Although its biological functions are unknown, pol nu has been implicated in DNA repair and in translesion DNA synthesis (TLS)...
- Convergence of Rad6/Rad18 and Fanconi anemia tumor suppressor pathways upon DNA damageHwan Ki Park
The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13313. 2010....
- DNA polymerases nu and theta are required for efficient immunoglobulin V gene diversification in chickenMasaoki Kohzaki
Department of Radiation Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 189:1117-27. 2010..Disruption of both polymerases causes a significant decrease in Ig gene conversion events, although POLN(-/-)/POLQ(-/-) cells exhibit no prominent defect in HR-mediated DNA repair, as indicated by no increase in ..
- Crosstalk between replicative and translesional DNA polymerases: PDIP38 interacts directly with PoletaAgnès Tissier
CNRS, UPR, Conventionné par l Université d Aix Marseille, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:922-8. 2010..We thus suggest that PDIP38 serves as a mediator protein helping TLS Pols to transiently replace replicative polymerases at damaged sites...
- Evolutionary conservation of residues in vertebrate DNA polymerase N conferring low fidelity and bypass activityKei ichi Takata
Department of Carcinogenesis, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:3233-44. 2010b>POLN is a nuclear A-family DNA polymerase encoded in vertebrate genomes...
- Novel enzymatic function of DNA polymerase nu in translesion DNA synthesis past major groove DNA-peptide and DNA-DNA cross-linksKinrin Yamanaka
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, L606, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 23:689-95. 2010b>DNA polymerase nu (POLN or pol nu) is a newly discovered A family polymerase that generates a high error rate when incorporating nucleotides opposite dG; its translesion DNA synthesis (TLS) capability has only been demonstrated for high ..
- DNA polymerase POLN participates in cross-link repair and homologous recombinationGeorge Lucian Moldovan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:1088-96. 2010..We identified here the recently discovered polymerase POLN to be involved in repair of DNA cross-links...
- Evidence for the involvement of human DNA polymerase N in the repair of DNA interstrand cross-linksLaura Zietlow
The Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6805, USA
Biochemistry 48:11817-24. 2009Human DNA polymerase N (PolN) is an A-family nuclear DNA polymerase whose function is unknown. This study examines the possible role of PolN in DNA repair in human cells treated with PolN-targeted siRNA...
- Vertebrate POLQ and POLbeta cooperate in base excision repair of oxidative DNA damageMichio Yoshimura
Department of Radiation Genetics, CREST, Japan Science and Technology Laboratory, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Mol Cell 24:115-25. 2006..We disrupted POLQ, and its homologs HEL308 and POLN in chicken DT40 cells, and also created polq/hel308 and polq/poln double mutants...
- Rad18 regulates DNA polymerase kappa and is required for recovery from S-phase checkpoint-mediated arrestXiaohui Bi
Department of Genetics and Genomics, Boston University School of Medicine, 80 E Concord St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3527-40. 2006..Recruitment of Polkappa to ubiquitinated PCNA enables lesion bypass and eliminates stalled forks, thereby attenuating the S-phase checkpoint...
- ATR-mediated phosphorylation of DNA polymerase η is needed for efficient recovery from UV damageThomas Gohler
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RQ, England, UK
J Cell Biol 192:219-27. 2011..Taken together, our results provide evidence for a link between DNA damage-induced checkpoint activation and translesion synthesis in mammalian cells...
- The molecular mechanism of DNA interstrand crosslink repair in humansTadayoshi Bessho; Fiscal Year: 2010..endonuclease complexes XPF/ERCC1 and MUS81/MMS4 in human ICL repair;2) Define the roles of TLS polymerases PolQ and PolN in ICL repair using purified His-tagged human proteins and a gapped DNA substrate with an unhooked psoralen ICL;3) ..
- The molecular mechanism of DNA interstrand crosslink repair in humansTadayoshi Bessho; Fiscal Year: 2009..complexes XPF/ERCC1 and MUS81/MMS4 in human ICL repair; 2) Define the roles of TLS polymerases PolQ and PolN in ICL repair using purified His-tagged human proteins and a gapped DNA substrate with an unhooked psoralen ICL; 3) ..
- Repair and Processing of DNA CrosslinksRichard Wood; Fiscal Year: 2007..Purified POLQ and POLN, a new enzyme discovered in our laboratory, will be tested for the ability to bypass DNA damage, including an ..
- Translesion synthesis by yeast DNA polymerasesLouise Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3, proteins that are components of Poln, Revl, and Rev7 associated multi-protein assemblies will be purified, as will interacting proteins...
- Mechanisms of DNA Lesion Bypass in EukaryotesZhigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that (a) Polzeta, Poln, Polkappa, and Rev1 are involved in DNA synthesis opposite the lesion in vivo; and (b) efficient bypass of some ..