Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLD1
Description: phospholipase D1
Alias: phospholipase D1, choline phosphatase 1, phosphatidylcholine-hydrolyzing phospholipase D1, phospholipase D1, phosphatidylcholine-specific
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Actin directly interacts with phospholipase D, inhibiting its activityS Lee
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 276:28252-60. 2001..We also observed that beta-actin regulates PLD1 and PLD2 with similar binding and inhibitory potencies...
- Phospholipase D2 localizes to the plasma membrane and regulates angiotensin II receptor endocytosisGuangwei Du
Department of Pharmacology and the Center for Developmental Genetics, University Medical Center at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5140, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:1024-30. 2004..Two PLD isoforms, PLD1 and PLD2, exist in mammals...
- Munc-18-1 inhibits phospholipase D activity by direct interaction in an epidermal growth factor-reversible mannerHye Young Lee
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790 784 Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 279:16339-48. 2004..These results suggest that Munc-18-1 is a potent negative regulator of basal PLD activity and that EGF stimulation abolishes this interaction...
- Involvement of phospholipases D1 and D2 in sphingosine 1-phosphate-induced ERK (extracellular-signal-regulated kinase) activation and interleukin-8 secretion in human bronchial epithelial cellsLixin Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Biochem J 367:751-60. 2002..Here we provide evidence that activation of phospholipases D1 and D2 (PLD1 and PLD2) by S1P regulates the phosphorylation of extracellular-signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and IL-8 secretion in ..
- β-1,3-Glucan-induced host phospholipase D activation is involved in Aspergillus fumigatus internalization into type II human pneumocyte A549 cellsXuelin Han
Department for Hospital Infection Control and Research, Institute of Disease Control and Prevention of PLA, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21468. 2011..Finally, host cell PLD1 and PLD2 accompanied A. fumigatus conidia during internalization...
- Phospholipase D1 is threonine-phosphorylated in human-airway epithelial cells stimulated by sphingosine-1-phosphate by a mechanism involving Src tyrosine kinase and protein kinase CdeltaAnna Ghelli
Dipart di Biologia Ev Sp, Via Irnerio 42, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 366:187-93. 2002..Finally, the level of serine phosphorylation of PLD1 and PLD2 isoforms was not changed, whereas the PLD1 isoform alone was threonine-phosphorylated in SPP-treated cells...
- Activation of phospholipase D1 by direct interaction with ADP-ribosylation factor 1 and RalAJ H Kim
Department of Life Science and School of Environmental Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
FEBS Lett 430:231-5. 1998b>Phospholipase D1 (PLD1) is known to be activated by ADP-ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1)...
- Presenilin-1 uses phospholipase D1 as a negative regulator of beta-amyloid formationDongming Cai
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, and Fisher Center for Research on Alzheimer Disease, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1941-6. 2006..Here we demonstrate that PS1, through its loop region, binds to phospholipase D1 (PLD1), thereby recruiting it to the Golgi/trans-Golgi network...
- Characterization of two alternately spliced forms of phospholipase D1. Activation of the purified enzymes by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate, ADP-ribosylation factor, and Rho family monomeric GTP-binding proteins and protein kinase C-alphaS M Hammond
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
J Biol Chem 272:3860-8. 1997We previously reported the cloning of a cDNA encoding human phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase D1 (PLD1), an ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF)-activated phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase D (Hammond, S. M., Tsung, S...
- Phospholipase D2, a distinct phospholipase D isoform with novel regulatory properties that provokes cytoskeletal reorganizationW C Colley
Program in Genetics, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Curr Biol 7:191-201. 1997..We recently reported the cloning of the human gene encoding PLD1; this enzyme has low basal activity and is activated by protein kinase C and the small GTP-binding proteins, ADP-..
- Characterization of human PLD2 and the analysis of PLD isoform splice variantsP M Steed
Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Summit, New Jersey 07901, USA
FASEB J 12:1309-17. 1998..Recent advances in this field include the reports of cDNA sequences for two mammalian PLD isoforms: human PLD1 and rodent PLD2. We report the characterization of cDNA encoding human PLD2...
- Assignment of human PLD1 to human chromosome band 3q26 by fluorescence in situ hybridizationS H Park
Institute of Human Genetics, Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine and Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University South
Cytogenet Cell Genet 82:224. 1998
- Phospholipase D1 in caveolae: regulation by protein kinase Calpha and caveolin-1J H Kim
Department of Life Science and School of Environmental Engineering, Pohang Univerisity of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790 784, Republic of Korea
Biochemistry 38:3763-9. 1999..Previously we have demonstrated that protein kinase Calpha (PKCalpha) directly interacts with phospholipase D1 (PLD1), activating the enzymatic activity of PLD1 in the presence of phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) [..
- Interaction of the type Ialpha PIPkinase with phospholipase D: a role for the local generation of phosphatidylinositol 4, 5-bisphosphate in the regulation of PLD2 activityN Divecha
Department of Biochemistry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066CX, The Netherlands
EMBO J 19:5440-9. 2000..We find that both PLD1 and PLD2 interact with the Type Ialpha PIPkinase and that PLD2 activity in vivo can be regulated solely by the ..
- Phospholipase D prevents apoptosis in v-Src-transformed rat fibroblasts and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsMinghao Zhong
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:615-9. 2003..We report here that elevated expression of either PLD1 or PLD2 in these cells prevents apoptosis induced by serum withdrawal...
- Phospholipase D confers rapamycin resistance in human breast cancer cellsYuhong Chen
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 22:3937-42. 2003..These data implicate mTOR as a critical target for survival signals generated by PLD and suggest that PLD levels in breast cancer could be a valuable indicator of the likely efficacy of rapamycin treatment...
- Protein kinase C alpha associates with phospholipase D1 and enhances basal phospholipase D activity in a protein phosphorylation-independent manner in human melanoma cellsMasahiro Oka
Department of Dermatology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 121:69-76. 2003..To elucidate the role of phospholipase D in melanoma, the expression of phospholipase D1 and protein kinase C alpha in primary and metastatic lesions of acral lentiginous melanoma and superficial ..
- Expression and regulation of phospholipase D isoenzymes in human melanoma cells and primary melanocytesChristian Riebeling
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Benjamin Franklin, The Free University of Berlin, Germany
Melanoma Res 13:555-62. 2003..As determined by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction, both splicing variants of PLD1, PLD1a and PLD1b, and the isoenzyme PLD2, are expressed in melanoma cells and melanocytes...
- Phospholipase D1 regulates high-affinity IgE receptor-induced mast cell degranulationTomohiro Hitomi
Receptors and Signal Transduction Section, Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 104:4122-8. 2004..the role of phospholipase D (PLD) in FcepsilonRI signaling, the wild-type or the catalytically inactive forms of PLD1 or PLD2 were stably overexpressed in RBL-2H3 mast cells...
- Requirement of phospholipase D1 activity in H-RasV12-induced transformationF Gregory Buchanan
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, 691 Preston Building, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1638-42. 2005..importance of phospholipase D in the oncogenic ability of Ras, we used Rat-2 fibroblasts with reduced phospholipase D1 activity (Rat-2V25)...
- mTOR-dependent suppression of protein phosphatase 2A is critical for phospholipase D survival signals in human breast cancer cellsLi Hui
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 280:35829-35. 2005..The ability of phospholipase D to suppress protein phosphatase 2A identifies a critical target of an emerging phospholipase D/mTOR survival pathway in the transformation of human cells...
- Phospholipase D1 regulates phagocyte adhesionShankar S Iyer
Inflammation Program, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 2501 Crosspark Road, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Immunol 176:3686-96. 2006..Stimulation of PLD activity was rapid and persisted for at least 90 min. Confocal microscopy indicated that PLD1 exhibited partial colocalization with actin filaments at the adherent interface, in proximity to the focal adhesion ..
- The phox homology domain of phospholipase D activates dynamin GTPase activity and accelerates EGFR endocytosisChang S Lee
Department of Life Science and Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790 784, South Korea
Nat Cell Biol 8:477-84. 2006..of PLDs was shown to retard EGFR endocytosis and the addition of wild-type PLDs or lipase-inactive PLDs, but not PLD1 mutants with defective GAP activity for dynamin in vitro, resulted in the recovery of EGFR endocytosis...
- PLD1 is overexpressed in an ER-negative MCF-7 cell line variant and a subset of phospho-Akt-negative breast carcinomasJ M Gozgit
Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Morrill 1 North, Amherst, MA 01003 9298, USA
Br J Cancer 97:809-17. 2007..and its parent cell line, MCF-7, identified 1402 differentially expressed transcripts, one of which was, phospholipase D1 (PLD1)...
- Phospholipase D1 is an effector of Rheb in the mTOR pathwayY Sun
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8286-91. 2008..Here, we find that PLD1, but not PLD2, is required for Rheb activation of the mTOR pathway, as demonstrated by the effects of RNAi...
- Differential regulation of apoptosis by caspase-mediated cleavage of phospholipase D isozymesYoung Hoon Jang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan, 609 735, Republic of Korea
Cell Signal 20:2198-207. 2008..b>PLD1 is cleaved at one internal site (DDVD(545)S) and PLD2 is cleaved at two or three sites (PTGD(13)ELD(16)S and DEVD(..
- Involvement of Phospholipase D 1 and 2 in the subcellular localization and activity of formyl-peptide-receptors in the human colonic cell line HT29Lars Ove Brandenburg
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Wendlingweg 2, Aachen, Germany
Mol Membr Biol 26:371-83. 2009..PLD is a key enzyme involved in secretion, endocytosis and receptor signalling. We inhibited PLD1 and 2 by small interference RNA (siRNA) and determined the activity of formyl peptide receptors using Western ..
- Mutated ras induced PLD1 gene expression through increased Sp1 transcription factorSiqiang Gao
Department of Medical Technology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Nagoya J Med Sci 71:127-36. 2009..Ras-mutation and activation were correlated, and cells with enhanced ras-activation showed increased PLD1 mRNA and protein...
- Positive feedback regulation between phospholipase D and Wnt signaling promotes Wnt-driven anchorage-independent growth of colorectal cancer cellsDong Woo Kang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 5:e12109. 2010....
- Nuclear localization of phospholipase D1 mediates the activation of nuclear protein kinase C(alpha) and extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathwaysYoung Hoon Jang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:4680-9. 2011..In the present study we have identified the nuclear localization sequence (NLS) of PLD1 whose mutation abolished its nuclear import...
- Key roles for the lipid signaling enzyme phospholipase d1 in the tumor microenvironment during tumor angiogenesis and metastasisQin Chen
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Center for Developmental Genetics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5140, USA
Sci Signal 5:ra79. 2012..We report that ablation of the lipid signaling enzyme phospholipase D1 (PLD1) in the tumor environment compromised the neovascularization and growth of tumors...
- Phosphatidic acid, phospholipase D and tumorigenesisJulian Gomez-Cambronero
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University School Medicine, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435, USA Electronic address
Adv Biol Regul 54:197-206. 2014..Elevation of either PLD1 or PLD2 (the two mammalian isoforms of PLD) is able to transform fibroblasts and contribute to cancer progression...
- Human ADP-ribosylation factor-activated phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase D defines a new and highly conserved gene familyS M Hammond
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 8651, USA
J Biol Chem 270:29640-3. 1995..Characterization of recombinant human PLD1 reveals that it is membrane-associated, selective for phosphatidylcholine, stimulated by phosphatidylinositol 4,5-..
- Transmodulation between phospholipase D and c-Src enhances cell proliferationBong Hyun Ahn
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Mol Cell Biol 23:3103-15. 2003..We demonstrate for the first time that most notably PLD2 and to a lesser extent the PLD1 isoform are tyrosine phosphorylated by c-Src tyrosine kinase via direct association...
- Phospholipase D1 regulates cell migration in a lipase activity-independent mannerJung Hwan Kim
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790 784, South Korea
J Biol Chem 281:15747-56. 2006..by silencing endogenous PLD isozymes using small interfering RNA in HeLa cells, we demonstrate that endogenous PLD1 is required for the normal organization of the actin cytoskeleton, and, more importantly, for cell motility...
- Direct stimulation of receptor-controlled phospholipase D1 by phospho-cofilinLi Han
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
EMBO J 26:4189-202. 2007..We demonstrate that muscarinic receptor-mediated stimulation of phospholipase D1 (PLD1) is controlled by LIM-kinase, slingshot phosphatase as well as 14-3-3zeta, and requires ..
- Cleavage of phospholipase D1 by caspase promotes apoptosis via modulation of the p53-dependent cell death pathwayY H Jang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
Cell Death Differ 15:1782-93. 2008..However, the mechanisms regulating PLD activity during apoptosis remain unknown. Here we report that cleavage of PLD1 by caspases facilitates p53-mediated apoptosis...
- Localization of phospholipase D1 to caveolin-enriched membrane via palmitoylation: implications for epidermal growth factor signalingJung Min Han
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790 784, Korea
Mol Biol Cell 13:3976-88. 2002..We investigated the importance of the phosphorylation and compartmentalization of PLD1 in EGF signaling...
- Subcellular distribution and characterization of rat pancreatic phospholipase D isoformsJ Laine
Service de Gastroenterologie, Departement de Medecine, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Pancreas 20:323-36. 2000..Based on Western blot analysis of pancreas subcellular fractions, PLD1 was detected as a protein of 120 kDa associated with the microsomal fraction, whereas PLD2 appeared as a 105-kDa ..
- Participation of phospholipase D and alpha/beta-protein kinase C in growth factor-induced signalling in C3H10T1/2 fibroblastsVidar A T Thorsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1632:62-71. 2003..A role of alpha-PKC in PLD activation is further underscored by co-immunoprecipitation of alpha-PKC with PLD1 and PLD2 in non-stimulated as well as PMA- and PDGF-BB-stimulated Cl8 cells...
- Cloning, differential regulation and tissue distribution of alternatively spliced isoforms of ADP-ribosylation-factor-dependent phospholipase D from rat liverK Katayama
Department of Biochemistry, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Biochem J 329:647-52. 1998An alternatively spliced isoform of ADP-ribosylation-factor-dependent phospholipase D (PLD1) was previously shown to occur in rat C6 cells [Yoshimura, Nakashima, Ohguchi, Sakai, Shinoda, Sakai and Nozawa (1996) Biochem. Biophys. Res...
- Activation of phospholipase D by PKC and GTPgammaS in human neuroblastoma cells overexpressing MARCKSS C Morash
Atlantic Research Centre, Departments of Pediatrics and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1487:177-89. 2000..PLD2 was in both cytosol and membrane fractions while PLD1 was primarily membrane-associated in both vector control and M22 cells; location or quantities were unaltered by ..
- Phospholipase D is involved in myogenic differentiation through remodeling of actin cytoskeletonHiba Komati
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie des Lipides et Membranes, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 585, Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon, 69621 Villeurbanne, France
Mol Biol Cell 16:1232-44. 2005..myogenesis was potentiated by PLD1b isoform overexpression but not by PLD2 overexpression, establishing that PLD1 is involved in this process. The expression of the PLD isoforms was differentially regulated during differentiation...
- Sustained receptor stimulation leads to sequestration of recycling endosomes in a classical protein kinase C- and phospholipase D-dependent mannerJolanta Idkowiak-Baldys
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 284:22322-31. 2009..Moreover inhibition of phospholipase D (PLD) activity and inhibition of PLD1 and PLD2 using dominant negative constructs also prevented this process...
- New concepts in phospholipase D signaling in inflammation and cancerJulian Gomez-Cambronero
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Wright State University School Medicine, Dayton, OH, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 10:1356-69. 2010..Advances along the small GTPase front have implicated cell migration, as PLD1 and PLD2 cause an increase in chemotaxis of leukocytes and inflammation. PA is necessary for full chemotaxis...
- Involvement of phospholipase D in insulin-like growth factor-I-induced activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase, but not phosphoinositide 3-kinase or Akt, in Chinese hamster ovary cellsYoshiko Banno
Department of Biochemistry, Gifu University School of Medicine, Tsukasamachi 40, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Biochem J 369:363-8. 2003..In the present study, we examined the involvement of two PLD isozymes, PLD1 and PLD2, in insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I receptor tyrosine kinase-mediated stimulation of PI 3-kinase/Akt ..
- The role of phospholipase D in osteoblast response to titanium surface microstructureMimi Fang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 93:897-909. 2010..shRNAs for human PLD1 and PLD2 were used to silence MG63 cells...
- Functional role of phospholipase D (PLD) in di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate-induced hepatotoxicity in Sprague-Dawley ratsNa Young Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 73:1560-9. 2010..In this study, protein expression levels of PLD1/2, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR), and cytochrome P-450 (CYP) were determined by Western blot ..
- Effect of aroclor 1248 and two pure PCB congeners on phospholipase D activity in rat renal tubular cell culturesMercedes Fernández Santiago
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 21:68-75. 2007..Renal tubular cells expressed a PLD protein of 120 kDa corresponding with the PLD1 mammalian isoform in both the particulate and the soluble fraction...
- Biochemical analysis of phospholipase DH Alex Brown
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Methods Enzymol 434:49-87. 2007..This chapter describes production of a recombinant mammalian isozyme of PLD (PLD1) in baculovirus-infected insect cells and its purification...
- Phospholipase D in platelets and other cellsM Vorland
Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Platelets 19:582-94. 2008..Two isoforms of PLD have been cloned, PLD1 and 2, which are also present in platelets...
- Role of phospholipase D in parathyroid hormone type 1 receptor signaling and traffickingJose Luis Garrido
Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:2048-59. 2009..Overexpression of wild-type (WT) PLD1 and WT-PLD2 increased basal PLD activity in CHO-R3 but not in ROS cells...
- Signaling mechanisms of inhibition of phospholipase D activation by CHS-111 in formyl peptide-stimulated neutrophilsLing Chu Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Pharmacol 81:269-78. 2011..9±1.2μM). CHS-111 inhibited the interaction of PLD1 with ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf) 6 and Ras homology (Rho) A, and reduced the membrane recruitment of RhoA in fMLP-..
- Stability of phospholipase D in primary astrocytesShenchu Jin
Department of Pharmacology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Str 67, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:545-51. 2002..Astrocytes express both PLD1 and 2 and are dependent on PLD activity for cell proliferation [K. Kötter, J. Klein, J. Neurochem. 73 (1999) 2517]...
- D5 dopamine receptor regulation of phospholipase DZhiwei Yang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H55-61. 2005..in the mouse kidney, PLD2, like the D(5) receptor, is mainly expressed in renal brush-border membranes, whereas PLD1 is mainly expressed in renal vessels with faint staining in brush-border membranes and collecting ducts...
- Parathyroid hormone stimulates phosphatidylethanolamine hydrolysis by phospholipase D in osteoblastic cellsAmareshwar T K Singh
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
Lipids 40:1135-40. 2005..Maximal effects were obtained with 10 nM PTH and 50 nM PDBu. Dominant negative PLD1 and PLD2 constructs inhibited the effects of PTH on the phospholipid hydrolysis...
- The role of phospholipase D and phosphatidic acid in the mechanical activation of mTOR signaling in skeletal muscleT A Hornberger
Department of Bioengineering and Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0412, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4741-6. 2006..Second, the isozymes of PLD (PLD1 and PLD2) are localized to the z-band in skeletal muscle (a critical site of mechanical force transmission)...
- Phospholipase D regulation and localisation is dependent upon a phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate-specific PH domainM N Hodgkin
Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, UK
Curr Biol 10:43-6. 2000..Two PLD genes (PLD1 and PLD2) with similar domain structures have been doned and progress has been made in identifying the protein ..
- Mitogenic phospholipase D activity is restricted to caveolin-enriched membrane microdomainsL Xu
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, 695 Park Avenue, New York, New York, 10021 USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:77-83. 2000..Likewise, the PLD activity stimulated by epidermal growth factor is also restricted to the CEMMs. Although both PLD1 and PLD2 were found in CEMMs, neither was particularly enriched in the CEMMs of the transformed relative to the ..
- Angiotensin II signaling to phospholipase D in renal microvascular smooth muscle cells in SHRB T Andresen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hypertension 37:635-9. 2001..Catalytically-inactive constructs of PLD2 and RhoA, but not PLD1, ADP ribosylation factor 1 (ARF1), ARF6, or ADP ribosylation factor nucleotide exchange factor (ARNO) blocked Ang ..
- Characterization of the regulation of phospholipase D activity in the detergent-insoluble fraction of HL60 cells by protein kinase C and small G-proteinsM N Hodgkin
Birmingham Institute of Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TA, UK
Biochem J 339:87-93. 1999..a Rho-family member and PKC for efficient catalysis of the lipid substrate, suggesting that the activity represents PLD1. We show that recombinant human PLD1b is regulated in a similar manner to HL60-membrane PLD, and that PKCalpha and ..
- Kinetic analysis of a mammalian phospholipase D: allosteric modulation by monomeric GTPases, protein kinase C, and polyphosphoinositidesLee G Henage
Department of Pharmacology, Institute for Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6600, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3408-17. 2006..We examined the kinetics of protein kinase C and G-protein regulation of mammalian phospholipase D1 (PLD1) in order to better understand interactions between PLD1 and its regulators...
- Identification and characterization of a gene encoding phospholipase D activity in yeastM Waksman
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Biol Chem 271:2361-4. 1996..We have named this open reading frame, PLD1, and show that yeast bearing a disruption in this gene are unable to catalyze the hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine...
- A role for rho-kinase in rho-controlled phospholipase D stimulation by the m3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptorM Schmidt
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:14648-54. 1999..control receptor signaling to PLD, and these GTPases have been shown to directly stimulate purified recombinant PLD1 enzymes in vitro...
- Expression of phospholipase D isoforms in mammalian cellsK E Meier
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1439:199-213. 1999Two mammalian isoforms of phospholipase D, PLD1 and PLD2, have recently been characterized at the molecular level...
- Role of p38 MAP kinase in diperoxovanadate-induced phospholipase D activation in endothelial cellsV Natarajan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 281:L435-49. 2001..Immunoprecipitation of PLD from EC lysates with PLD1 and PLD2 antibodies revealed both PLD isoforms associated with p38 MAPK...
- Neoplastic transformation and tumorigenesis associated with overexpression of phospholipase D isozymes in cultured murine fibroblastsD S Min
Department of Physiology, Department of Pathology and Department of Laboratory Animal Research, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul
Carcinogenesis 22:1641-7. 2001..In this study, we have established stable cell lines overexpressing PLD1 and PLD2 from fibroblast cells...
- Functions and pathophysiological roles of phospholipase D in the brainJochen Klein
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
J Neurochem 94:1473-87. 2005Ten years after the isoforms of mammalian phospholipase D (PLD), PLD1 and 2, were cloned, their roles in the brain remain speculative but several lines of evidence now implicate these enzymes in basic cell functions such as vesicular ..
- Overexpression of phospholipase D suppresses taxotere-induced cell death in stomach cancer cellsJu Hwan Cho
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:912-23. 2008..There are at least two PLD isozymes, PLD1 and PLD2...
- Autoregulation of phospholipase D activity is coupled to selective induction of phospholipase D1 expression to promote invasion of breast cancer cellsDong Woo Kang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Busan, Republic of Korea
Int J Cancer 128:805-16. 2011..In our study, we define the regulatory components of the machinery that specifies selective PLD1 induction via signals propagated through PLD activity...
- Regulation of constitutive protein transit by phospholipase D in HT29-cl19A cellsL A Denmat-Ouisse
Laboratoire de Biochimie des Transports Cellulaires, CNRS, U M R 8619, Batiment 430, Universite Paris XI, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 276:48840-6. 2001..inhibited apical constitutive protein transit whereas expression of a catalytically inactive mutant of PLD1 (hPLD1b-K898R) prevented increases in the rate of apical transit as triggered by phorbol esters; 5) PLD2 appears to ..
- [Phospholipase D in mammalian cells: structure, properties, physiological and pathological role]Maria Szumiło
Katedra i Zakład Biochemii Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 60:421-30. 2006..In mammalian cells, PLD (PLD1 and PLD2 isoenzymes) has been implicated in intracellular signal transduction, vesicle transport, endocytosis, ..
- Developmental levels of phospholipase D isozymes in the brain of developing ratsMia Kim
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, Applied Radiological Science Research Institute, Cheju National University, Jeju, South Korea
Acta Histochem 112:81-91. 2010..Western blot analysis of PLD in the cerebrum showed that PLD1, a major PLD isoform in the brain, was detected weakly in the cerebrum at day 17 embryonic stage and its levels ..
- Triptolide-induced suppression of phospholipase D expression inhibits proliferation of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsDong Woo Kang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Korea
Exp Mol Med 41:678-85. 2009..Triptolide significantly suppressed the expression of both PLD1 and PLD2 with sub-mM potency in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells as analyzed by promoter assay and RT-PCR...
- Oxidative stress and redox regulation of phospholipase D in myocardial diseaseParamjit S Tappia
Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
Free Radic Biol Med 41:349-61. 2006..PLD catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine to produce phosphatidic acid (PA). Two mammalian PLD isozymes, PLD1 and PLD2 have been identified, characterized and cloned...
- The role and relevance of phospholipase D1 during growth and dimorphism of Candida albicansB Hube
Institut fur Allgemeine Botanik, AMP III, Universitat Hamburg, Ohnhorststr 18, D 22609 Hamburg, Germany
Microbiology 147:879-89. 2001The phosphatidylcholine-specific phospholipase D1 (PLD1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is involved in vesicle transport and is essential for sporulation...
- The molecular basis of phospholipase D2-induced chemotaxis: elucidation of differential pathways in macrophages and fibroblastsKatie Knapek
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:4492-506. 2010..Silencing of phospholipase D1 (PLD1) and PLD2 reduced cell migration (both chemokinesis and chemotaxis) by approximately 60% and >80%, ..
- Endogenous phospholipase D2 localizes to the plasma membrane of RBL-2H3 mast cells and can be distinguished from ADP ribosylation factor-stimulated phospholipase D1 activity by its specific sensitivity to oleic acidElisabeth Sarri
Department of Physiology, University College London, University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, U K
Biochem J 369:319-29. 2003..Oleate stimulates PLD activity in intact RBL-2H3 mast cells. Comparing PLD1- with PLD2-overexpressing cells, oleate enhanced PLD activity only in PLD2-overexpressing cells...
- Down-regulation of melanogenesis by phospholipase D2 through ubiquitin proteasome-mediated degradation of tyrosinaseAkiko Kageyama
Division of Dermatology, Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:27774-80. 2004..Reverse transcription-PCR and immunoblot analyses revealed the existence of both PLD isozymes, PLD1 and PLD2, in B16 cells...
- Phospholipase D1 and potential targets of its hydrolysis product, phosphatidic acidN T Ktistakis
Department of Signalling, Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 31:94-7. 2003..Our work aims to understand the properties of PLD1, and to identify downstream targets of PA...
- A role for phospholipase D1 in neurotransmitter releaseY Humeau
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Propre de Recherche 2356, Neurotransmission et Secretion Neuroendocrine, 5 rue Blaise Pascal, IFR37, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:15300-5. 2001..We recently described that, in neuroendocrine cells, plasma membrane-associated PLD1 operates at a stage of Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis subsequent to cytoskeletal-mediated recruitment of secretory ..
- Arf1-dependent PLD1 is localized to oleic acid-induced lipid droplets in NIH3T3 cellsNoriko Nakamura
Department of Anatomy and Molecular Cell Biology, Nagoya University, Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:117-23. 2005..b>PLD1, but not PLD2, was found to exist in LDs by immunocytochemical analysis...
- Phosphatidic acid is a leukocyte chemoattractant that acts through S6 kinase signalingKathleen Frondorf
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15837-47. 2010..Overexpression of phospholipase D2 (PLD2) and, to a lesser extent, PLD1, resulted in elevation of both S6K activity and chemokinesis, whereas PLD silencing was inhibitory...
- Down-regulation of phospholipase D2 mRNA in neonatal rat brainstem and cerebellum after hypoxia-ischemiaJeng Hsiung F Peng
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 60004, Taiwan
Neurochem Res 31:1191-6. 2006..This is consistent with a report that PLD1 activity and mRNA levels were down-regulated during apoptosis...
- Different domains of mammalian ADP-ribosylation factor 1 mediate interaction with selected target proteinsJ O Liang
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 272:33001-8. 1997..recruitment of the adaptor protein 1 (AP-1) complex and coatomer (COPI) onto these membranes and activates phospholipase D1 (PLD1)...
- Generation of lysophosphatidylinositol by DDHD domain containing 1 (DDHD1): Possible involvement of phospholipase D/phosphatidic acid in the activation of DDHD1Atsushi Yamashita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 0195, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:711-20. 2010..by ionomycin; the formation of [(3)H]LPI was inhibited by n-butanol and the overexpression of an inactive PLD1 mutant PLD1K898R. DDHD1 was translocated from the cytosol to membranes upon ionomycin treatment...
- Impaired alpha(IIb)beta(3) integrin activation and shear-dependent thrombus formation in mice lacking phospholipase D1Margitta Elvers
University Clinic Würzburg and Rudolf Virchow Center, DFG Research Center for Experimental Biomedicine, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Sci Signal 3:ra1. 2010..Here, we report that platelets from Pld1(-/-) mice displayed impaired alpha(IIb)beta(3) integrin activation in response to major agonists and defective ..
- Phosphatidic acid plays a regulatory role in clathrin-mediated endocytosisCostin N Antonescu
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:2944-52. 2010..of altering cellular PA levels on CME by manipulating the activities and/or levels of either phospholipase D (PLD1 and PLD2) or diacylglycerol kinase (DGK), two enzyme classes involved in PA production...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a novel phospholipase D complementary DNA from rat brainT Kodaki
Department of Biochemistry, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi 371, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:11408-13. 1997..Recently, cDNA for human PLD1 (hPLD1) was cloned from HeLa cells (Hammond, S. M., Altshuller, Y. M., Sung, T-C., Rudge, S. A., Rose, K...
- Regulation of phospholipase DJ H Exton
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0295, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1439:121-33. 1999..Protein kinase C (PKC) plays a major role in the regulation of the PLD1 isozyme through interaction with its N-terminus...
- Cell-permeable ceramides preferentially inhibit coated vesicle formation and exocytosis in Chinese hamster ovary compared with Madin-Darby canine kidney cells by preventing the membrane association of ADP-ribosylation factorAbdelkarim Abousalham
Department of Biochemistry, Signal Transduction Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2S2, Canada
Biochem J 361:653-61. 2002..Consequently, C2-ceramide blocked the stimulation of phospholipase D1 (PLD1) by the cytosol and guanosine 5'-[gamma-thio]triphosphate (GTP[S]) in membranes from CHO cells...
- Activation of phospholipase D by bradykinin and sphingosine 1-phosphate in A549 human lung adenocarcinoma cells via different GTP-binding proteins and protein kinase C delta signaling pathwaysElisabetta Meacci
Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Universita di Firenze, Viale G B Morgagni 50, 50134 Firenze, Italy
Biochemistry 42:284-92. 2003..By in situ immunofluorescence or cell fractionation followed by immunoblotting, PLD1 was concentrated primarily in nuclei, whereas the membrane fraction contained PLD2 and PLD1...
- Mastoparan selectively activates phospholipase D2 in cell membranesAhmed Chahdi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1760, USA
J Biol Chem 278:12039-45. 2003Both known isoforms of phospholipase (PL) D, PLD1 and PLD2, require phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate for activity...
- Calphostin-C induction of vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis proceeds through phospholipase D and microtubule inhibitionXi Long Zheng
Smooth Muscle Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:7112-8. 2004..of phospholipase D (PLD), and that calphostin-C inhibits completely the activities of both isoforms of PLD, PLD1 and PLD2...
- Activation of RBL-2H3 mast cells is dependent on tyrosine phosphorylation of phospholipase D2 by Fyn and FgrWahn Soo Choi
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National, Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6980-92. 2004Both phospholipase D1 (PLD1) and PLD2 regulate degranulation when RBL-2H3 cells are stimulated via the immunoglobulin E receptor, Fc epsilon RI. However, the activation mechanism for PLD2 is unclear...
- A role of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases in formyl-peptide receptor-mediated phospholipase D activity and oxidant productionSylvain Paruch
Département de Biologie Cellulaire de l Institut Cochin, The Institut National de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U567, The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 8104, and the Université René Descartes, Paris France
FASEB J 20:142-4. 2006..Expression of inactive PLD mutants showed that PLD2, but not PLD1, contributed to fMLP-mediated PLD activity...
- Gene profiling of growth factor independence 1B gene (Gfi-1B) in leukemic cellsMichael Koldehoff
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Int J Hematol 87:39-47. 2008..Interestingly, transcripts within components of the signalling cascade of immune cells (PLD1, LAMP1, HSP90, IL6ST), of the tyrosine kinase pathway (TPR, RAC3) and of the transcription factors (RAC3, CEP290, ..
- Design and synthesis of isoform-selective phospholipase D (PLD) inhibitors. Part II. Identification of the 1,3,8-triazaspiro[4,5]decan-4-one privileged structure that engenders PLD2 selectivityRobert Lavieri
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19:2240-3. 2009..privileged structure, PLD inhibitors with nanomolar potency and an unprecedented 40-fold selectivity for PLD2 over PLD1 were developed...
- Interactions between signal-transducing proteins measured by atomic force microscopyIl Hong Kim
National Core Research Center for Systems Bio Dynamics, Department of Chemistry, Pohang University of Science and Technology, San 31 Hyoja Dong, Pohang, 790 784, Korea
Anal Chem 81:3276-84. 2009..AFM) has been used to study the specific interactions between the signal-transducing proteins mammalian phospholipase D1 (PLD1), phospholipase C-gamma1 (PLC-gamma1), and Munc-18-1...
- Phospholipase D1 drives a positive feedback loop to reinforce the Wnt/beta-catenin/TCF signaling axisDong Woo Kang
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Science, Pusan National University, Busan, Republic of Korea
Cancer Res 70:4233-42. 2010..b>PLD1 expression and activity was enhanced by treatment with Wnt3a and glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitors, and the Wnt ..
- An oleate-stimulated, phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate-independent phospholipase D in Schizosaccharomyces pombeApril L Harkins
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, USA
FEMS Yeast Res 10:717-26. 2010b>Phospholipase D1 (PLD1) is an important enzyme involved in lipid-mediated signal transduction and membrane dynamics in eukaryotes. PLD1 preferentially hydrolyzes phosphatidylcholine to phosphatidic acid...
- ARF PROTEIN IN INSULIN SIGNALINGGuillermo Romero; Fiscal Year: 2002..ARF1-ARF6), ARF-GDP exchange factors (ARF-GEF; namely ARNO, cytohesin-1, GRP1, Gea and others) and PLD forms (PLD1 and PLD2) which suggest parallel redundant pathways for the activation of PLD...
- Functional analysis of Phospholipase D4David Nemazee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Related family member proteins, such as PLD1 and PLD2 convert phosphatidyl choline (PC) to phosphatidic acid, releasing choline, a reaction that has effects on ..
- Roles of Phospholipase D in AT1 Receptor EndocytosisGuangwei Du; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Phospholipase D (PLD) family contains two members, PLD1 and PLD2, both of which catalyze the hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine (PC) to generate phosphatidic acid (PA) and ..
- Alcohol induced enrichment of regulatory T cellsMakio Iwashima; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this study, we will use our recently established conditional gene knockout mice of PLD1 and PLD2 gene and determine if PLD signal inhibition makes T cells more sensitive to alcohol induced Treg ..
- KIMBERLY SHAUNTAE POINT DU JOUR; Fiscal Year: 2014..Two isoforms of this enzyme, PLD1 and 2, catalyze the breakdown of phosphatidylcholine to phosphatidic acid (PA)...
- Weiguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..In recent years, considerable progress has been made demonstrating that the PLD (phospholipase D) family proteins, PLD1 and PLD2, are important for the signaling, activation, and function of leukocytes;however, many of the results from ..
- The study of phosphatidic acid and phospholipase D in membrane traffickingJAYSON I L BASTIEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>PLD1 and 2 and their enzymatic product PA, have been shown to be important regulators in these processes...
- Analysis of the immunological role of Phospholipase D4David Nemazee; Fiscal Year: 2013..lysine and aspartic acid (HKD motif), but otherwise differs significantly frm well-known family members such as PLD1 and 2. No catalytic activity has been established for Pld4...
- Adrenergic activation of NHE requires PLD in CCL39 cellsJOSEPH PROVOST; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two PLD isoforms have been identified based upon their specificity for activators. PLD1 is activated by RhoA, protein kinase C (PKC), and Arf, while PLD2 has a substantial basal level of activity but may ..
- Jie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..growth regulation and cancer, and at the same time has implicated the existence of a regulatory network involving PLD1 that is yet to be delineated...
- PHOSPHOLIPASE ACTIVATION BY G-PROTEIN-LINKED RECEPTORSAlex Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..membrane remodeling, long term goal of these studies is to achieve a better understanding of the molecular basis of PLD1 regulation...
- Role of Phospholipase D in Glut-4 translocationMichael Frohman; Fiscal Year: 2006..There are two mammalian PLD genes, PLD1 and PLD2...
- OXIDANT MEDIATED ENDOTHELIAL TOXICITY & LIPID SIGNALINGViswanathan Natarajan; Fiscal Year: 2001..S.A. 1: will characterize overexpression of human PLD1 in immortalized ECs. S.A. 2: will characterize ROS-mediated PLD phosphorylation and proteins associated with PLD. S...
- PURINERGIC SIGNALING IN CULTURED HEART CELLSBruce Liang; Fiscal Year: 2005..that the A3R signals via Ga12 or Ga13 to activate RhoA, which in turn stimulates phospholipase D (PLD, likely PLD1) and causes cardioprotection, 2) determine the function of ADP-ribosylation factor (ARF) and its potential ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN NEUTROPHIL MEDIATED HEART INJURYJulian Gomez Cambronero; Fiscal Year: 2002..techniques, using the sequenced purified protein (PY-PLD) as well as the existing mammalian PLD cDNA sequence (PLD1)...
- Gilbert Di Paolo; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this proposal, we explore the possibility that the lipid enzyme phospholipase D1 (PLD1) is a positive modulator of macrolipophagy...
- Exocytosis and Coupled Endocytosis in Neuroendocrine CellsJOHN DAVID CASTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..isoform, SCAMP2, interacts with three proteins that function in exocytosis - small G protein Arf6, phospolipase D1 (PLD1), and phosphatidyl inositol 4-phosphate 5-kinase (PIP5K) - and also participates in opening and dilating fusion ..
- Role of Phospholipase D1 in regulated exocytosisMichael Frohman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Published reports and our preliminary evidence suggest that the signal-transducing enzyme Phospholipase D1 (PLD1) plays a role late in this process during fusion of the vesicles into the plasma membrane via ..
- Compartment Specific Signaling of RasMARK REID PHILIPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The roles of sphingomyelin synthase and PLD1 will be determined and PLD1 regulation on the Golgi by PITB( and by Arf, Rho, and Ral GTPases will be explored...
- GENETICS OF AUTOSOMAL DOMINANT POLYCYSTIC LIVER DISEASEStefan Somlo; Fiscal Year: 2010..We established genetic linkage for one locus, PLD1, and discovered the disease gene, PRKCSH...
- MAMMALIAN PHOSPHOLIPASE D GENESMichael Frohman; Fiscal Year: 2001..More specifically, the P.I. proposes that PLD1 regulates secretion in response to stimulation and that PLD2 plays a role in receptor-mediated recycling or ..
- Activation of the human neurtrophilHELEN KORCHAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..a-PKC and b-PKC isotypes in the regulation of ligand initiated signalling involving effector enzymes PLCb/PLCg, and PLD1, and enzymes involved in the regeneration of PIP2...
- Inhibition of Macrophage Innate Immunity in TuberculosisWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phospholipase D and the Actin CytoskeletonDAVID KUSNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..We recently demonstrated that stimulation of PLD1 in U937 promonocytes is accompanied by its stable association with a detergent-insoluble fraction containing F-..
- Somatic support cell function in gonad developmentGERRIT BOUMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed experiments will identify genes expressed in gonadal SSCs that play a role in gonadal XY sex reversal. ..
- Central cholinergic function in AChE-deficient miceJochen Klein; Fiscal Year: 2006..BChE inhibitors would be expected to increase brain ACh in Alzheimer patients in the absence of peripheral cholinergic toxicity thereby improving therapeutic safety. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CELL GROWTH CONTROL BY THE TOR KINASEJoseph Avruch; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results of these studies will provide basis for therapeutic interventions in this pathway, which is crucial to both human cancers and to diseases like Type 2 diabetes ..