Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLCB1
Description: phospholipase C beta 1
Alias: EIEE12, PI-PLC, PLC-154, PLC-I, PLC-beta-1, PLC154, PLCB1A, PLCB1B, 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase beta-1, 1-phosphatidyl-D-myo-inositol-4,5-bisphosphate, inositoltrisphosphohydrolase, monophosphatidylinositol phosphodiesterase, phosphoinositidase C, phospholipase C, beta 1 (phosphoinositide-specific), phospholipase C-I, triphosphoinositide phosphodiesterase
Publications151 found, 100 shown here
- Aisiku O, Dowal L, Scarlata S. Protein kinase C phosphorylation of PLC?1 regulates its cellular localization. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;509:186-90 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that PKC phosphorylation regulates the level of PLC?1 cytosolic and nuclear activity by regulating its cellular compartmentalization. ..
- Adjobo Hermans M, Crosby K, Putyrski M, Bhageloe A, van Weeren L, Schultz C, et al. PLC? isoforms differ in their subcellular location and their CT-domain dependent interaction with G?q. Cell Signal. 2013;25:255-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that under physiological circumstances, PLC?3 and G?q interact in a kiss-and-run fashion, likely due to the GTPase-activating activity of PLC? towards G?q. ..
- Vadgama N, Pittman A, Simpson M, Nirmalananthan N, Murray R, Yoshikawa T, et al. De novo single-nucleotide and copy number variation in discordant monozygotic twins reveals disease-related genes. Eur J Hum Genet. 2019;: pubmed publisher..We identified a de novo variant in PLCB1, a gene involved in the hydrolysis of lipid phosphorus in milk from dairy cows, associated with lactase non-..
- Bakhsh A, Ladas I, Hamshere M, Bullock M, Kirov G, Zhang L, et al. An InDel in Phospholipase-C-B-1 Is Linked with Euthyroid Multinodular Goiter. Thyroid. 2018;28:891-901 pubmed publisher..Analysis of copy number variation identified an intronic InDel (∼1000 bp) in the PLCB1 gene in all eight affected family members and carriers (an unaffected person who has inherited the genetic trait)...
- Postovit L, Dieters Castator D, Rambau P, Kelemen L, Siegers G, Lajoie G, et al. Proteomics derived biomarker panel improves diagnostic precision to classify endometrioid and high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2019;: pubmed publisher..7% to 99.2%. EC specific diagnostic markers such as PLCB1, KIAA1324, and SCGB2A1 were also significantly associated with favorable prognosis within EC suggesting biological ..
- Zapata MartÃnez J, Medina M, Gramajo BÃ¼hler M, SÃ¡nchez Toranzo G. Participation of PLA2 and PLC in DhL-induced activation of Rhinella arenarum oocytes. Zygote. 2016;24:495-501 pubmed publisher..Results would indicate that DhL induces activation of in vitro matured oocytes of Rhinella arenarum by activation of IP-PLC, which in turn may induce IP3 formation which produces Ca2+ release. ..
- Li Q, Cui P, Miao Y, Gao F, Li X, Qian W, et al. Activation of group I metabotropic glutamate receptors regulates the excitability of rat retinal ganglion cells by suppressing Kir and I h. Brain Struct Funct. 2017;222:813-830 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that activation of mGluR I regulates the excitability of rat RGCs by inhibiting Kir and I h. ..
- Ratti S, Follo M, Ramazzotti G, Faenza I, Fiume R, Suh P, et al. Nuclear phospholipase C isoenzyme imbalance leads to pathologies in brain, hematologic, neuromuscular, and fertility disorders. J Lipid Res. 2019;60:312-317 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms behind PI-PLC involvement in human pathologies may help identify new strategies for personalized therapies of these conditions. ..
- Liu J, Jian T, Yue C, Chen D, Chen W, Bao T, et al. Chemo-resistant Gastric Cancer Associated Gene Expression Signature: Bioinformatics Analysis Based on Gene Expression Omnibus. Anticancer Res. 2019;39:1689-1698 pubmed publisher..In the PPI network, the top ten hub genes ranked by degree were GNG7, PLCB1, CALML5, FGFR4, GRB2, JAK3, ADCY7, ADCY9, GNAS and KDR...
- Lam G, Fattouh R, Muise A, Grinstein S, Higgins D, Brumell J. Listeriolysin O suppresses phospholipase C-mediated activation of the microbicidal NADPH oxidase to promote Listeria monocytogenes infection. Cell Host Microbe. 2011;10:627-34 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes to efficiently escape the phagosome while avoiding the microbicidal respiratory burst. ..
- Cheng J, Goldstein R, Stec B, Gershenson A, Roberts M. Competition between anion binding and dimerization modulates Staphylococcus aureus phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C enzymatic activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40317-27 pubmed publisher..aureus PI-PLC appears to have a unique mechanism where enzyme activity is modulated by competition between binding of soluble anions or anionic lipids to the cationic sensor and transient dimerization on the membrane. ..
- Jiao C, Gu Z. iTRAQ-based analysis of proteins involved in secondary metabolism in response to ABA in soybean sprouts. Food Res Int. 2019;116:878-882 pubmed publisher..What's more, ABA treatment regulated proteins involved in ABA signal transduction, such as SNF1-related protein kinase (SnRK), protein phosphatase 2C (PP2C), guanine nucleotide-binding protein and calreticulin-3. ..
- Goldstein R, Cheng J, Stec B, Roberts M. Structure of the S. aureus PI-specific phospholipase C reveals modulation of active site access by a titratable π-cation latched loop. Biochemistry. 2012;51:2579-87 pubmed publisher..The intramolecular π-cation interaction for S. aureus PI-PLC provides an explanation for the activity of the enzyme at acid pH and also suggests how phosphatidylcholine, as a competitor for Phe249, may kinetically activate this enzyme. ..
- Xu X, Pan J, Li X, Cui Y, Mao Z, Wu B, et al. Inhibition of Methamphetamine Self-Administration and Reinstatement by Central Blockade of Angiotensin II Receptor in Rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2019;369:244-258 pubmed publisher..The AT1R-PLCβ-CREB signaling pathway was found to be associated with the effect of AT1R on the drug-taking and drug-seeking behavior involving METH use disorder. ..
- Wang L, Iwasaki Y, Andra K, Pandey K, Menon A, Bütikofer P. Scrambling of natural and fluorescently tagged phosphatidylinositol by reconstituted G protein-coupled receptor and TMEM16 scramblases. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:18318-18327 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have developed an assay that measures scrambling of a chemically unmodified phospholipid by a reconstituted scramblase. ..
- Kim P, Scott M, Meador Woodruff J. Abnormal ER quality control of neural GPI-anchored proteins via dysfunction in ER export processing in the frontal cortex of elderly subjects with schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry. 2019;9:6 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for a deficit in ER protein processing pathways in this illness. ..
- Yang K, Yan J, Peng L, Zou Y, He F, Gan H, et al. Effect of PLC? gene silencing on inhibiting the cancerous transformation of ulcerative colitis. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12:422-426 pubmed..In addition, PLC? RNA silencing can suppress the expression of inflammatory factors in vitro. ..
- You J, Peng W, Lin X, Huang Q, Lin J. PLC/CAMK IV-NF-kappaB involved in the receptor for advanced glycation end products mediated signaling pathway in human endothelial cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;320:111-7 pubmed publisher..Phospholipase C beta 1 (PLC beta 1), phospholipase C beta 4 (PLC beta 4) and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV (CAMK IV) which ..
- Chun Y, Oh H, Park M, Cho H, Chung S. Cholesterol regulates HERG K+ channel activation by increasing phospholipase C ?1 expression. Channels (Austin). 2013;7:275-87 pubmed..These results confirm a crosstalk between two plasma membrane-enriched lipids, cholesterol and PtdIns(4,5)P2, in the regulation of HERG channels. ..
- Schoonjans A, Meuwissen M, Reyniers E, Kooy F, Ceulemans B. PLCB1 epileptic encephalopathies; Review and expansion of the phenotypic spectrum. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2016;20:474-9 pubmed publisherBiallelic loss-of-function mutations of phospholipase C-Î²1 (PLCB1) have been described in three children with an early onset epileptic encephalopathy (EE)...
- Mak A, White M, Eckalbar W, Szpiech Z, Oh S, Pino Yanes M, et al. Whole Genome Sequencing of Pharmacogenetic Drug Response in Racially Diverse Children with Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..06x10-6) loci near genes previously associated with lung capacity (DNAH5), immunity (NFKB1 and PLCB1), and ?-adrenergic signaling (ADAMTS3 and COX18)...
- Xia K, Wang B, Zhang J, Li Y, Yang H, Ren D. Arabidopsis phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C 4 negatively regulates seedling salt tolerance. Plant Cell Environ. 2017;40:1317-1331 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that AtPLC4 negatively regulates the salt tolerance of Arabidopsis seedlings, and Ca2+ may be involved in regulating this process. ..
- Manzoli L, Mongiorgi S, Clissa C, Finelli C, Billi A, Poli A, et al. Strategic Role of Nuclear Inositide Signalling in Myelodysplastic Syndromes Therapy. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2014;: pubmed..Here, we review the strategic role of nuclear inositide signalling in MDS, in pathogenesis and therapy. ..
- Hoshi M, Reginensi A, Joens M, Fitzpatrick J, McNeill H, Jain S. Reciprocal Spatiotemporally Controlled Apoptosis Regulates Wolffian Duct Cloaca Fusion. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:775-783 pubmed publisher..These findings may explain the mechanisms of many CAKUT. ..
- Abd El Haliem A, Vossen J, van Zeijl A, Dezhsetan S, Testerink C, Seidl M, et al. Biochemical characterization of the tomato phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC) family and its role in plant immunity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1861:1365-1378 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data support an important role for PLC enzymes in plant defence signalling downstream of immune receptors. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Plant Lipid Biology edited by Kent D. Chapman and Ivo Feussner. ..
- Suryawanshi R, Malik S, Jayarao B, Chaudhari S, Savage E, Vergis J, et al. Comparative diagnostic efficacy of recombinant LLO and PI-PLC-based ELISAs for detection of listeriosis in animals. J Microbiol Methods. 2017;137:40-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, rLLO can serve as a better antigen than rPI-PLC in ELISA for the serodiagnosis of listeriosis in animals; however, prior adsorption of test sera with SLO is required to avoid false positive results. ..
- Runnels L, Yue L, Clapham D. The TRPM7 channel is inactivated by PIP(2) hydrolysis. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:329-36 pubmed..We conclude that receptor-mediated activation of PLC results in the hydrolysis of localized PIP(2), leading to inactivation of the TRPM7 channel. ..
- Ricci V, Galmiche A, Doye A, Necchi V, Solcia E, Boquet P. High cell sensitivity to Helicobacter pylori VacA toxin depends on a GPI-anchored protein and is not blocked by inhibition of the clathrin-mediated pathway of endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3897-909 pubmed
- Singer A, Waldo G, Harden T, Sondek J. A unique fold of phospholipase C-beta mediates dimerization and interaction with G alpha q. Nat Struct Biol. 2002;9:32-6 pubmed publisher..Effector dimerization, as highlighted by PLC-betas, provides a viable mechanism for regulating signaling cascades linked to heterotrimeric G proteins...
- Bosch D, Boonstra F, Kinoshita T, Jhangiani S, de Ligt J, Cremers F, et al. Cerebral visual impairment and intellectual disability caused by PGAP1 variants. Eur J Hum Genet. 2015;23:1689-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report novel PGAP1 variants in a boy with CVI and ID and a proven functional loss of PGAP1 and show, to our knowledge, for the first time this genetic association with CVI. ..
- Jeffries J, Jia J, Choi W, Choe S, Miao J, Xu Y, et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa pyocyanin modulates mucin glycosylation with sialyl-Lewis(x) to increase binding to airway epithelial cells. Mucosal Immunol. 2016;9:1039-1050 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PA secretes PCN to induce a favorable environment for chronic colonization of CF lungs by increasing the glycosylation of airway mucins with sialyl-Lewis(x). ..
- Cabana Domínguez J, Roncero C, Pineda Cirera L, Palma Álvarez R, Ros Cucurull E, Grau López L, et al. Association of the PLCB1 gene with drug dependence. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10110 pubmed publisher..We found an association between rs1047383 in the PLCB1 gene and drug dependence that was replicated in an independent sample (663 cases and 667 controls)...
- Beekman A, Helfrich B, Bunn P, Heasley L. Expression of catalytically inactive phospholipase Cbeta disrupts phospholipase Cbeta and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and inhibits small cell lung cancer growth. Cancer Res. 1998;58:910-3 pubmed
- Jia W, Zhang B, Matsuo K, Shin A, Xiang Y, Jee S, et al. Genome-wide association analyses in East Asians identify new susceptibility loci for colorectal cancer. Nat Genet. 2013;45:191-6 pubmed publisher..This study identified three new CRC susceptibility loci and provides additional insight into the genetics and biology of CRC. ..
- Zheng C, Deng Q, Liu L, Wang M, Zhang G, Sheng W, et al. Orexin-A differentially modulates AMPA-preferring responses of ganglion cells and amacrine cells in rat retina. Neuropharmacology. 2015;93:80-93 pubmed publisher..These two actions of orexin-A, while working in concert, provide a characteristic way for modulating information processing in the inner retina. ..
- Mauban J, Zacharia J, Fairfax S, Wier W. PC-PLC/sphingomyelin synthase activity plays a central role in the development of myogenic tone in murine resistance arteries. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015;308:H1517-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PI-PLC and IP3 are not required in maintaining myogenic tone, but DAG, produced by PC-PLC and/or SM synthase, is likely through multiple mechanisms to increase Ca(2+) entry and promote vasoconstriction. ..
- Gonorazky G, Guzzo M, Abd El Haliem A, Joosten M, Laxalt A. Silencing of the tomato phosphatidylinositol-phospholipase C2 (SlPLC2) reduces plant susceptibility to Botrytis cinerea. Mol Plant Pathol. 2016;17:1354-1363 pubmed publisher..This implies that SlPLC2 participates in plant susceptibility to B. cinerea. ..
- Martelli A, Billi A, Manzoli L, Faenza I, Aluigi M, Falconi M, et al. Insulin selectively stimulates nuclear phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC) beta1 activity through a mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase-dependent serine phosphorylation. FEBS Lett. 2000;486:230-6 pubmed..Our results conclusively demonstrate that activation of nuclear PI-PLC-beta1 strictly depends on its phosphorylation which is mediated through the MAP kinase pathway. ..
- St Pourcain B, Skuse D, Mandy W, Wang K, Hakonarson H, Timpson N, et al. Variability in the common genetic architecture of social-communication spectrum phenotypes during childhood and adolescence. Mol Autism. 2014;5:18 pubmed publisher..3â€‰Ã—â€‰10-9; genome-wide empirical Pâ€‰=â€‰0.011) and suggestive evidence at 20p12.3 at PLCB1 (rs3761168, Pâ€‰=â€‰7.9â€‰Ã—â€‰10-8; genome-wide empirical Pâ€‰=â€‰0.085)...
- Yang C, Luo S, Wang C, Chiu C, Chien C, Lin C, et al. Tumour necrosis factor-alpha- and interleukin-1beta-stimulated cell proliferation through activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase in canine tracheal smooth muscle cells. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;130:891-9 pubmed..TNF-alpha- and IL-1beta-mediated responses were modulated by PLC, Ca(2+), PKC, and tyrosine kinase associated with cell proliferation in TSMCs. ..
- Kothekar D, Bandivdekar A, Dasgupta D. Increased activity of goat liver plasma membrane alkaline phosphatase upon release by phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2014;51:263-70 pubmed..The results suggested the implication of GPI anchor in modulating the catalytic property of GLPM-ALP, thus indicating the role of this special anchoring structure in the enzyme regulation. ..
- Han J, Shin E, Lee Y, Ghang H, Kim S, Hwang J, et al. A genome-wide association study for irinotecan-related severe toxicities in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Pharmacogenomics J. 2013;13:417-22 pubmed publisher..In the replication series, the SNPs rs1517114 (C8orf34), rs1661167 (FLJ41856) and rs2745761 (PLCB1) were confirmed as being associated with G3D, whereas rs11128347 (PDZRN3) and rs11979430 and rs7779029 (SEMAC3) ..
- Ngoh A, McTague A, Wentzensen I, Meyer E, Applegate C, Kossoff E, et al. Severe infantile epileptic encephalopathy due to mutations in PLCB1: expansion of the genotypic and phenotypic disease spectrum. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2014;56:1124-8 pubmed publisher..3, disrupting the promoter region and first three coding exons of the phospholipase C ?1 gene (PLCB1), have previously been described in two reports of early infantile epileptic encephalopathy (EIEE)...
- Singh A, Bhatnagar N, Pandey A, Pandey G. Plant phospholipase C family: Regulation and functional role in lipid signaling. Cell Calcium. 2015;58:139-46 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we are focusing mainly on the plant PLC signaling and regulation, potential cellular and physiological role in different abiotic and biotic stresses, nutrient deficiency, growth and development. ..
- Li J, Zhao X, Wang D, He W, Zhang S, Cao W, et al. Up-regulated expression of phospholipase C, ?1 is associated with tumor cell proliferation and poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Onco Targets Ther. 2016;9:1697-706 pubmed publisherPhospholipase C, ?1 (PLCB1) plays critical roles in intracellular transduction and regulating signal activation which are important to tumorigenesis. However, the mechanism of PLCB1 in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is still unknown...
- Yoo J, Yang J, Kim Y, Cho W, Ma J. Inhibitory Effect of Loranthus parasiticus on IgE-Mediated Allergic Responses in RBL-2H3 Cells. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:8742562 pubmed..Such effects may provide further information for the development of a phytomedicine for allergic diseases. ..
- Strakova Z, Soloff M. Coupling of oxytocin receptor to G proteins in rat myometrium during labor: Gi receptor interaction. Am J Physiol. 1997;272:E870-6 pubmed..Using the same approach but with antibodies to effector enzymes, we observed that phospholipase C beta 1 (PLC beta 1) and PLA2 were also associated with the OTR...
- Castilho A, Nogueira M, Fontes P, Machado M, Satrapa R, Razza E, et al. Ovarian superstimulation using FSH combined with equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG) upregulates mRNA-encoding proteins involved with LH receptor intracellular signaling in granulosa cells from Nelore cows. Theriogenology. 2014;82:1199-205 pubmed publisher..The granulosa cells were harvested from follicles and mRNA abundance of GNAS, GNAQ, GNA11, PLCB1, PLCB, PLCB4, and adenylyl cyclase isoforms (ADCY3, ADCY4, ADCY6, ADCY8, and ADCY9) was measured by real-time ..
- Lo Vasco V, Leopizzi M, Della Rocca C. Ezrin-related Phosphoinositide pathway modifies RhoA and Rac1 in human osteosarcoma cell lines. J Cell Commun Signal. 2015;9:55-62 pubmed publisher..Displacements of Ezrin and of RhoA localization were observed, probably playing functional roles. ..
- Di Fino L, D Ambrosio J, Tejos R, van Wijk R, Lamattina L, Munnik T, et al. Arabidopsis phosphatidylinositol-phospholipase C2 (PLC2) is required for female gametogenesis and embryo development. Planta. 2017;245:717-728 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results establish a role for PLC2 in both reproductive- and embryo development, presumably by controlling mitosis and/or the formation of cell-division planes. ..
- Bonacci T, Ghosh M, Malik S, Smrcka A. Regulatory interactions between the amino terminus of G-protein betagamma subunits and the catalytic domain of phospholipase Cbeta2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10174-81 pubmed
- Follo M, Mongiorgi S, Finelli C, Piazzi M, Faenza I, Ramazzotti G, et al. Nuclear PI-PLC?1 and myelodysplastic syndromes: genetics and epigenetics. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:1751-4 pubmed..The MDS evolution to AML is not completely understood but, at a molecular level, the nuclear inositide signalling pathways can play an important role in this process. ..
- Park K, Kim D, Lee B, Ma J. Fermented Herbal Formulas KIOM-MA128 Ameliorate IL-6-Induced Intestinal Barrier Dysfunction in Colon Cancer Cell Line. Mediators Inflamm. 2016;2016:6189590 pubmed..Moreover, KIOM-MA/MA128 suppressed the expression of PLC?1 and PKC. Taken together, these findings suggest novel information and clue of the anticolitis effects of KIOM-MA128 via regulation of tight junction. ..
- Brass L, Manning D, Cichowski K, Abrams C. Signaling through G proteins in platelets: to the integrins and beyond. Thromb Haemost. 1997;78:581-9 pubmed
- Vasilevski O, Grubb D, Filtz T, Yang S, McLeod Dryden T, Luo J, et al. Ins(1,4,5)P(3) regulates phospholipase Cbeta1 expression in cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:679-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ins(1,4,5)P(3) and IP(3)-receptor (type 2) regulate PLCbeta1 and thereby maintain levels of Ins(1,4,5)P(3). This implies some functional significance for Ins(1,4,5)P(3) in the heart. ..
- Waugh M. Chromosomal Instability and Phosphoinositide Pathway Gene Signatures in Glioblastoma Multiforme. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:621-630 pubmed publisher..number amplifications for the chromosome 19 genes PIP5K1C, AKT2 and PIK3R2, and also for the phospholipase C genes PLCB1, PLCB4 and PLCG1 on chromosome 20...
- Zhang L, Kolaj M, Renaud L. Intracellular postsynaptic cannabinoid receptors link thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptors to TRPC-like channels in thalamic paraventricular nucleus neurons. Neuroscience. 2015;311:81-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data imply that activation of TRH receptors in these midline thalamic neurons engages novel signaling pathways that include postsynaptic intracellular CB1 and CB2 receptors in the activation of TRPC4/5-like channels. ..
- Abd El Haliem A, Joosten M. Plant phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C at the center of plant innate immunity. J Integr Plant Biol. 2017;59:164-179 pubmed publisher..With this review we aim to provide new insights supporting future research on plant PI-PLCs and the development of plants with improved resistance. ..
- Follo M, Finelli C, Clissa C, Mongiorgi S, Bosi C, Martinelli G, et al. Phosphoinositide-phospholipase C beta1 mono-allelic deletion is associated with myelodysplastic syndromes evolution into acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:782-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting PI-PLCbeta1 pathways might emerge as a new therapeutic strategy for MDS. ..
- Ahyayauch H, Sot J, Collado M, Huarte N, Requejo Isidro J, Alonso A, et al. End-product diacylglycerol enhances the activity of PI-PLC through changes in membrane domain structure. Biophys J. 2015;108:1672-1682 pubmed publisher..The above data reinforce the idea that DAG functions as an important physical agent in regulating membrane and cell properties. ..
- Vuong B, Hogan Cann A, Alano C, Stevenson M, Chan W, Anderson C, et al. NF-ÎºB transcriptional activation by TNFÎ± requires phospholipase C, extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:229 pubmed publisher..TNFÎ±-induced PARP-1 activation is not associated with DNA damage, but ERK2 mediated phosphorylation of PARP-1. ..
- Ratti S, Mongiorgi S, Ramazzotti G, Follo M, Mariani G, Suh P, et al. Nuclear Inositide Signaling Via Phospholipase C. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:1969-1978 pubmed publisher..Another PI-PLC isozyme that could be related to nuclear activities is PI-PLCÎ¶ that is involved in infertility processes. J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 1969-1978, 2017. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Zhang B, Wang Y, Liu J. Genome-wide identification and characterization of phospholipase C gene family in cotton (Gossypium spp.). Sci China Life Sci. 2018;61:88-99 pubmed publisher..These results not only suggest an important role of phospholipase C members in cotton plant development and abiotic stress response but also provide good candidate targets for future molecular breeding of superior cotton cultivars. ..
- McCullar J, Larsen S, Millimaki R, Filtz T. Calmodulin is a phospholipase C-beta interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33708-13 pubmed..Direct physical interaction of PLC beta 3 and PLC beta 1 isoforms with CaM is supported by pull-down of both isoenzymes with CaM-Sepharose beads from 1321N1 cell lysates...
- Liu F, Weng S, Yang X, Zhong Y. Orexin-A potentiates L-type calcium/barium currents in rat retinal ganglion cells. Neuroscience. 2015;305:225-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, by activating OX1R, orexin-A potentiates the IBa,L of rat GCs through a distinct Gq/PI-PLC/IP3/Ca(2+)/PKC signaling pathway. ..
- Molano E, Cabrera O, José J, do Nascimento L, Carazzolle M, Teixeira P, et al. Ceratocystis cacaofunesta genome analysis reveals a large expansion of extracellular phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase-C genes (PI-PLC). BMC Genomics. 2018;19:58 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our analyses provide new insights into the evolution and the molecular basis of plant pathogenicity. ..
- Peruzzi D, Aluigi M, Manzoli L, Billi A, Di Giorgio F, Morleo M, et al. Molecular characterization of the human PLC beta1 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1584:46-54 pubmed
- Faenza I, Blalock W, Bavelloni A, Schoser B, Fiume R, Pacella S, et al. A role for PLC?1 in myotonic dystrophies type 1 and 2. FASEB J. 2012;26:3042-8 pubmed publisher..These results highlight again that PLC?1 expression is a key player in myoblast differentiation, functioning as a positive regulator in the correction of delayed differentiation of skeletal muscle in DM human myoblasts. ..
- Follo M, Faenza I, Piazzi M, Blalock W, Manzoli L, McCubrey J, et al. Nuclear PI-PLC?1: an appraisal on targets and pathology. Adv Biol Regul. 2014;54:2-11 pubmed publisher..Here we review the targets and possible involvement of nuclear PI-PLC?1 in human physiology and pathology. ..
- Chana G, Laskaris L, Pantelis C, Gillett P, Testa R, Zantomio D, et al. Decreased expression of mGluR5 within the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in autism and increased microglial number in mGluR5 knockout mice: Pathophysiological and neurobehavioral implications. Brain Behav Immun. 2015;49:197-205 pubmed publisher..018) as well as downstream elements SHANK3 (p=0.005) and PLCB1 (p=0.009) but that the pro-inflammatory marker NOS2 was increased (p=0.047)...
- Cefai D, Debre P, Kaczorek M, Idziorek T, Autran B, Bismuth G. Human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoproteins gp120 and gp160 specifically inhibit the CD3/T cell-antigen receptor phosphoinositide transduction pathway. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:2117-24 pubmed
- Spadaro F, Cecchetti S, Purificato C, Sabbatucci M, Podo F, Ramoni C, et al. Nuclear phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C ?1 controls cytoplasmic CCL2 mRNA levels in HIV-1 gp120-stimulated primary human macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59705 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study may contribute to identify novel targets for therapeutic intervention in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Philip F, Sahu S, Caso G, Scarlata S. Role of phospholipase C-? in RNA interference. Adv Biol Regul. 2013;53:319-30 pubmed publisher..TRAX is a nuclease and part of the machinery involved in RNA interference. This review discusses the interaction between PLC? and TRAX, and its repercussions in G protein signaling and RNA silencing. ..
- Badheka D, Borbíró I, Rohacs T. Transient receptor potential melastatin 3 is a phosphoinositide-dependent ion channel. J Gen Physiol. 2015;146:65-77 pubmed publisher..As all other members of the TRPM family have also been shown to require PI(4,5)P2 for activity, our data establish PI(4,5)P2 as a general positive cofactor of this ion channel subfamily. ..
- Yang Y, Kang D, Lee C, Seok H, Follo M, Cocco L, et al. Primary phospholipase C and brain disorders. Adv Biol Regul. 2016;61:80-5 pubmed publisher..In this review, we included current knowledge regarding the roles of primary PLC isozymes in brain disorders. ..
- Liu L, Deng Q, Weng S, Yang X, Zhong Y. Activation of the sigma receptor 1 modulates AMPA receptor-mediated light-evoked excitatory postsynaptic currents in rat retinal ganglion cells. Neuroscience. 2016;332:53-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the SKF (50Î¼M) effect is Ca(2+)-independent, PKG-dependent, but not involving PKA, PI-PLC pathways. ..
- Li L, Wang F, Yan P, Jing W, Zhang C, Kudla J, et al. A phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C pathway elicits stress-induced Ca2+ signals and confers salt tolerance to rice. New Phytol. 2017;214:1172-1187 pubmed publisher..Our work identifies a conversion pathway and physiological function for PtdIns4P pools in rice and reveals the connection between phosphoinositides and Ca2+ signals mediated by PLC during salt stress responses. ..
- Schmitz G, Schambeck C. Molecular defects in the ABCA1 pathway affect platelet function. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2006;35:166-74 pubmed..It is concluded that the presence of ABCA1 and ABCG1 in the AP-3 pathway will have major impact for membrane phospholipid processing and HDL metabolism and their relation to disorders of lysosome-related organelles...
- Calo L, Bordin L, Davis P, Pagnin E, Dal Maso L, Rossi G, et al. PLC?1-SHP-2 complex, PLC?1 tyrosine dephosphorylation and SHP-2 phosphatase activity: a new part of Angiotensin II signaling?. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:38 pubmed publisher..These findings might significantly expand the number and complexity of Ang II signaling pathways. Further studies are needed to delineate the role/s of this complex in the Ang II signaling system. ..
- Hong Y, Zhao J, Guo L, Kim S, Deng X, Wang G, et al. Plant phospholipases D and C and their diverse functions in stress responses. Prog Lipid Res. 2016;62:55-74 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of actions, including those common and distinguishable among different PLDs and PLCs, will also be discussed. ..
- Xu A, Suh P, Marmy Conus N, Pearson R, Seok O, Cocco L, et al. Phosphorylation of nuclear phospholipase C beta1 by extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates the mitogenic action of insulin-like growth factor I. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2981-90 pubmed..This result suggests that ERK-evoked phosphorylation of PLC beta1 at serine 982 plays a critical role in the activation of the nuclear PI cycle and is also crucial to the mitogenic action of IGF-I. ..
- Udawela M, Scarr E, Hannan A, Thomas E, Dean B. Phospholipase C beta 1 expression in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex from patients with schizophrenia at different stages of illness. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2011;45:140-7 pubmed publisher..It is possible protein expression is regulated independently of mRNA and it remains to be determined whether there is a functional consequence of this change in mRNA relating to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Lin Y, Chang J, Liu X, Tsang H, Chien W, Chen J, et al. Genetic variants in PLCB4/PLCB1 as susceptibility loci for coronary artery aneurysm formation in Kawasaki disease in Han Chinese in Taiwan. Sci Rep. 2015;5:14762 pubmed publisher..Silencing KCNQ5, PLCB1, PLCB4, and PLCL1 inhibited the effect of lipopolysaccharide-induced endothelial cell inflammation with varying ..
- Yang C, Lin C, Chien P, Hsiao L, Yang C. Thrombin/Matrix Metalloproteinase-9-Dependent SK-N-SH Cell Migration is Mediated Through a PLC/PKC/MAPKs/NF-?B Cascade. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5833-5846 pubmed publisher..Our results show that thrombin stimulates a Gq/PLC/PKCs/p38 MAPK and JNK1/2 cascade, which in turn triggers NF-?B activation and ultimately induces MMP-9 expression and cell migration in SK-N-SH cells. ..
- Cui P, Li X, Zhao Y, Li Q, Gao F, Li L, et al. Activation of dopamine D1 receptors enhances the temporal summation and excitability of rat retinal ganglion cells. Neuroscience. 2017;355:71-83 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that D1 receptor activation enhances the temporal summation of RGCs mainly by suppressing Kir currents through the cAMP/PKA signaling pathway, thus increasing the excitability of rat RGCs. ..
- Woodcock E, Grubb D, Filtz T, Marasco S, Luo J, McLeod Dryden T, et al. Selective activation of the "b" splice variant of phospholipase Cbeta1 in chronically dilated human and mouse atria. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:676-83 pubmed publisher..The activation of PLCbeta1b is a possible therapeutic target to limit atrial remodelling in VHD patients. ..