Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLC-gamma1
Description: phospholipase C gamma 1
Alias: NCKAP3, PLC-II, PLC1, PLC148, PLCgamma1, 1-phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase gamma-1, 1-phosphatidyl-D-myo-inositol-4,5-bisphosphate, PLC-148, PLC-gamma-1, inositoltrisphosphohydrolase, monophosphatidylinositol phosphodiesterase, phosphatidylinositol phospholipase C, phosphoinositidase C, phosphoinositide phospholipase C, phosphoinositide phospholipase C-gamma-1, phospholipase C, gamma 1 (formerly subtype 148), phospholipase C-148, phospholipase C-II, triphosphoinositide phosphodiesterase
- Sala G, Dituri F, Raimondi C, Previdi S, Maffucci T, Mazzoletti M, et al. Phospholipase Cgamma1 is required for metastasis development and progression. Cancer Res. 2008;68:10187-96 pubmed publisher..Evidence suggests that the enzyme phospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1) may be involved in tumor progression and possibly development of metastasis...
- Suzuki T, Seth A, Rao R. Role of phospholipase Cgamma-induced activation of protein kinase Cepsilon (PKCepsilon) and PKCbetaI in epidermal growth factor-mediated protection of tight junctions from acetaldehyde in Caco-2 cell monolayers. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3574-83 pubmed..inulin permeability, and subcellular redistribution of occludin and ZO-1 was attenuated by reduced expression of PLCgamma1 by short hairpin RNA...
- Ye K, Aghdasi B, Luo H, Moriarity J, Wu F, Hong J, et al. Phospholipase C gamma 1 is a physiological guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the nuclear GTPase PIKE. Nature. 2002;415:541-4 pubmed..This enzymatic activity accounts for the mitogenic properties of PLC-gamma 1. ..
- Graham L, Stoica B, Shapiro M, DeBell K, Rellahan B, Laborda J, et al. Sequences surrounding the Src-homology 3 domain of phospholipase Cgamma-1 increase the domain's association with Cbl. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:537-41 pubmed..Cbl is an adapter-like protein known to interact with several SH3 domains, including the PLCgamma1 SH3 domain and the Grb2 amino terminal SH3 domain...
- Chang J, Seok H, Kwon T, Min D, Ahn B, Lee Y, et al. Interaction of elongation factor-1alpha and pleckstrin homology domain of phospholipase C-gamma 1 with activating its activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19697-702 pubmed..Taken together, our data show that EF-1alpha plays a direct role in phosphoinositide metabolism of cellular signaling by regulating PLC-gamma1 activity via a split PH domain. ..
- Cross M, Hodgkin M, Roberts S, Landgren E, Wakelam M, Claesson Welsh L. Tyrosine 766 in the fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 is required for FGF-stimulation of phospholipase C, phospholipase D, phospholipase A(2), phosphoinositide 3-kinase and cytoskeletal reorganisation in porcine aortic endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 4):643-51 pubmed..Furthermore, whilst tyrosine 766 was not required for a proliferative response, it was required for fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 mediated cytoskeletal reorganisation. ..
- Sekiya F, Poulin B, Kim Y, Rhee S. Mechanism of tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of phospholipase C-gamma 1. Tyrosine 783 phosphorylation is not sufficient for lipase activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32181-90 pubmed..Finally, concurrent production of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate was found to contribute to the activation of phosphorylated PLC-gamma 1. ..
- Jones N, Peak J, Brader S, Eccles S, Katan M. PLCgamma1 is essential for early events in integrin signalling required for cell motility. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2695-706 pubmed..One potential signalling intermediate, PLCgamma1, has previously been implicated in growth-factor-mediated chemotaxis but its position and roles in more-complex ..
- Upshaw J, Schoon R, Dick C, Billadeau D, Leibson P. The isoforms of phospholipase C-gamma are differentially used by distinct human NK activating receptors. J Immunol. 2005;175:213-8 pubmed..More broadly, these observations reveal a basis for selectively targeting the functions initiated by distinct immune recognition receptors. ..
- Okabe S, Tauchi T, Ohyashiki K, Broxmeyer H. Stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCL12-induced chemotaxis of a T cell line involves intracellular signaling through Cbl and Cbl-b and their regulation by Src kinases and CD45. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2006;36:308-14 pubmed..Our results implicate CD45, Cbl, Cbl-b, src kinases and potentially other associated proteins as mediators of SDF-1alpha/CXCL12-induced cell migration of Jurkat T cells. ..
- Law C, Chandran K, Sidorenko S, Clark E. Phospholipase C-gamma1 interacts with conserved phosphotyrosyl residues in the linker region of Syk and is a substrate for Syk. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1305-15 pubmed..Thus, an optimal kinase activity of Syk and an interaction between the linker region of Syk with PLC-gamma1 are required for the tyrosyl phosphorylation of PLC-gamma1. ..
- Clarkson N, Brown M. Inhibition and activation by CD244 depends on CD2 and phospholipase C-gamma1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:24725-34 pubmed publisher..We identify a novel signaling mechanism for CD244 through its potential to recruit phospholipase C-gamma1 via the conserved phosphorylated tyrosine motif in the tail of the adaptor protein EAT-2, which we show is important for function. ..
- Tomas N, Masur K, Piecha J, Niggemann B, Zanker K. Akt and phospholipase C? are involved in the regulation of growth and migration of MDA-MB-468 breast cancer and SW480 colon cancer cells when cultured with diabetogenic levels of glucose and insulin. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:214 pubmed publisher..Our molecular data explain glucose- and insulin-induced changes in a cancer cell and help to understand what might trigger tumor cell proliferation and migration in DM2 patients, too. ..
- Songyang Z, Gish G, Mbamalu G, Pawson T, Cantley L. A single point mutation switches the specificity of group III Src homology (SH) 2 domains to that of group I SH2 domains. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26029-32 pubmed..These results establish the importance of the beta D5 residue in determining specificities of SH2 domains. ..
- Eichhorn J, Kayali A, Resor L, Austin D, Rose D, Webster N. PLC-gamma1 enzyme activity is required for insulin-induced DNA synthesis. Endocrinology. 2002;143:655-64 pubmed..These experimental data point to a requirement for PLC-gamma1 in insulin-stimulated mitogenesis in hIRcB cells. ..
- Kim M, Chang J, Park S, Hwang J, Ryu S, Suh P. Direct interaction of SOS1 Ras exchange protein with the SH3 domain of phospholipase C-gamma1. Biochemistry. 2000;39:8674-82 pubmed..This study is the first to demonstrate that the PLC-gamma1 SH3 domain enhances p21Ras activity, and that the SH3 domain of PLC-gamma1 may be involved in the SOS1-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang W, Trible R, Zhu M, Liu S, McGlade C, Samelson L. Association of Grb2, Gads, and phospholipase C-gamma 1 with phosphorylated LAT tyrosine residues. Effect of LAT tyrosine mutations on T cell angigen receptor-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23355-61 pubmed..Mutation of individual Grb2 binding sites had no functional effect, but mutation of two or three of these sites, in combination, also affected Erk and NF-AT activation. ..
- Arteaga C, Johnson M, Todderud G, Coffey R, Carpenter G, Page D. Elevated content of the tyrosine kinase substrate phospholipase C-gamma 1 in primary human breast carcinomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:10435-9 pubmed
- Fu C, Turck C, Kurosaki T, Chan A. BLNK: a central linker protein in B cell activation. Immunity. 1998;9:93-103 pubmed..Hence, BLNK represents a central linker protein that bridges the B cell receptor-associated kinases with a multitude of signaling pathways and may regulate the biologic outcomes of B cell function and development. ..
- Tvorogov D, Carpenter G. EGF-dependent association of phospholipase C-gamma1 with c-Cbl. Exp Cell Res. 2002;277:86-94 pubmed..The data, therefore, show an EGF-inducible direct association of PLC-gamma1 with c-Cbl in vivo that is mediated by the SH3 domain of PLC-gamma1. ..
- Pei Z, Maloney J, Yang L, Williamson J. A new function for phospholipase C-gamma1: coupling to the adaptor protein GRB2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;345:103-10 pubmed
- Singh A, Meyer R, Navruzbekov G, Shelke R, Duan L, Band H, et al. A critical role for the E3-ligase activity of c-Cbl in VEGFR-2-mediated PLCgamma1 activation and angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5413-8 pubmedActivation of phospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1) by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (VEGFR-2) in endothelial cells in part is responsible for angiogenesis in vivo...
- Rellahan B, Graham L, Tysgankov A, DeBell K, Veri M, Noviello C, et al. A dynamic constitutive and inducible binding of c-Cbl by PLCgamma1 SH3 and SH2 domains (negatively) regulates antigen receptor-induced PLCgamma1 activation in lymphocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2003;289:184-94 pubmedWe investigated the structural requirements for c-Cbl-mediated inhibition of Ag receptor-induced PLCgamma1 activation...
- Yoo J, Yang J, Yang H, Cho W, Ma J. Inhibitory effect of fermented Arctium lappa fruit extract on the IgE-mediated allergic response in RBLâ€‘2H3 cells. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:501-8 pubmed publisher..phosphorylation of Lyn, Fyn and Syk, which are involved in the FcÎµRI signaling pathway, that of phosphoinositide phospholipase C (PLC)Î³1/2 and protein kinase C (PKC)Î´, which are associated with the degranulation process, as ..
- Bullen H, Jia Y, Yamaryo BottÃ© Y, Bisio H, Zhang O, Jemelin N, et al. Phosphatidic Acid-Mediated Signaling Regulates Microneme Secretion in Toxoplasma. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;19:349-60 pubmed publisher..As APH is conserved in Apicomplexa, these findings highlight a potentially widely used mechanism in which key lipid mediators regulate microneme exocytosis. ..
- Han S, Lee J, Kim C, Hong S. Identification of p115 as a PLCgamma1-binding protein and the role of Src homology domains of PLCgamma1 in the vesicular transport. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;300:649-55 pubmedIn order to gain further insight into the function(s) of PLCgamma1, we tried to identify the binding partners that can interact with the SH223 domains of PLCgamma1...
- Jevremovic D, Billadeau D, Schoon R, Dick C, Leibson P. Regulation of NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity by the adaptor protein 3BP2. J Immunol. 2001;166:7219-28 pubmed..Therefore, 3BP2 regulates NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity by mobilizing key downstream signaling effectors. ..
- Baker J, Majeti R, Tangye S, Weiss A. Protein tyrosine phosphatase CD148-mediated inhibition of T-cell receptor signal transduction is associated with reduced LAT and phospholipase Cgamma1 phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2393-403 pubmed..However, phospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1) and LAT were strikingly hypophosphorylated in CD148-expressing cells following TCR stimulation, whereas the ..
- Morris S, Naeve C, Mathew P, James P, Kirstein M, Cui X, et al. ALK, the chromosome 2 gene locus altered by the t(2;5) in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, encodes a novel neural receptor tyrosine kinase that is highly related to leukocyte tyrosine kinase (LTK). Oncogene. 1997;14:2175-88 pubmed..Thus, ALK is a novel orphan receptor tyrosine kinase that appears to play an important role in the normal development and function of the nervous system. ..
- Bedrin M, Abolafia C, Thompson J. Cytoskeletal association of epidermal growth factor receptor and associated signaling proteins is regulated by cell density in IEC-6 intestinal cells. J Cell Physiol. 1997;172:126-36 pubmed..Thus, cell density regulates the CSK association of the EGFR and its ability to associate and activate signaling pathways in intestinal cells. ..
- Han S, Lee J, Hong S, Park S, Kim C, Song M, et al. AP180 binds to the C-terminal SH2 domain of phospholipase C-gamma1 and inhibits its enzymatic activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:35-41 pubmedThe role of phospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1) in signal transduction was investigated by characterizing its SH domain-binding proteins that may represent components of a novel signaling pathway...
- Cai S, Sun P, Resaul J, Shi L, Jiang A, Satherley L, et al. Expression of phospholipase C isozymes in human breast cancer and their clinical significance. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1707-1715 pubmed publisher..These isozymes have certain implications in the disease development and progression, with PLC-? showing a significant correlation with shorter disease-free survival. ..
- Neri F, Giolo G, Potestà M, Petrini S, Doria M. The HIV-1 Nef protein has a dual role in T cell receptor signaling in infected CD4+ T lymphocytes. Virology. 2011;410:316-26 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Nef has a dual role in the modulation of TCR signaling aimed at favoring HIV-1 replication and spread in both quiescent and metabolically active CD4(+) T lymphocytes. ..
- Browaeys Poly E, Blanquart C, Perdereau D, Antoine A, Goenaga D, Luzy J, et al. Grb14 inhibits FGF receptor signaling through the regulation of PLC? recruitment and activation. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4383-8 pubmed publisher..Our data led to a molecular model whereby Grb14 binding to the phosphorylated FGFR induces a conformational change that unmasks a PLC? binding motif on Grb14, allowing trapping and inactivation of PLC?. ..
- Peak J, Jones N, Hobbs S, Katan M, Eccles S. Phospholipase C gamma 1 regulates the Rap GEF1-Rap1 signalling axis in the control of human prostate carcinoma cell adhesion. Oncogene. 2008;27:2823-32 pubmedPhospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1) is activated downstream of a variety of extracellular stimuli and has previously been implicated in the regulation of motility responses central to tumour cell invasion...
- Borrello M, Alberti L, Arighi E, Bongarzone I, Battistini C, Bardelli A, et al. The full oncogenic activity of Ret/ptc2 depends on tyrosine 539, a docking site for phospholipase Cgamma. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2151-63 pubmed..In addition, the present data identify PLCgamma as a downstream effector of Ret/ptcs and suggest that this transducing molecule could play a crucial role in neoplastic signalling triggered by Ret/ptc oncoproteins. ..
- Wu L, Mayo L, Dunbar J, Kessler K, Ozes O, Warren R, et al. VRAP is an adaptor protein that binds KDR, a receptor for vascular endothelial cell growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6059-62 pubmed..These observations identify VRAP as an adaptor that recruits cytoplasmic signaling proteins to KDR, which plays an important role in normal and pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Felschow D, Civin C, Hoehn G. Characterization of the tyrosine kinase Tnk1 and its binding with phospholipase C-gamma1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;273:294-301 pubmed..Conversely, GST-Tnk1(PR) protein constructs complexed with endogenously expressed PLC-gamma1. The association of Tnk1 with PLC-gamma1 suggests a role for Tnk1 in phospholipid signal transduction. ..
- Kwon Y, Jang H, Kole S, He H, Bernier M. Role of the pleckstrin homology domain of PLCgamma1 in its interaction with the insulin receptor. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:375-84 pubmed..Here, TRAP was found to be phospholipase C gamma1 (PLCgamma1) by mass spectrometry analysis...
- Lee H, Park J, Jang I, Chae Y, Kim J, Kim I, et al. Munc-18-1 inhibits phospholipase D activity by direct interaction in an epidermal growth factor-reversible manner. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16339-48 pubmed..These results suggest that Munc-18-1 is a potent negative regulator of basal PLD activity and that EGF stimulation abolishes this interaction. ..
- Di Fino L, D Ambrosio J, Tejos R, van Wijk R, Lamattina L, Munnik T, et al. Arabidopsis phosphatidylinositol-phospholipase C2 (PLC2) is required for female gametogenesis and embryo development. Planta. 2017;245:717-728 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis PI-PLC gene family is composed of nine members, named PLC1 to PLC9. Here, we report that PLC2 is involved in female gametophyte development and early embryogenesis...
- Zachos N, Lee L, Kovbasnjuk O, Li X, Donowitz M. PLC-? directly binds activated c-Src, which is necessary for carbachol-mediated inhibition of NHE3 activity in Caco-2/BBe cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C266-75 pubmed publisher..Under elevated [Ca(2+)]i conditions, PLC-? scaffolds c-Src into NHE3-containing multiprotein complexes before dissociation of PLC-? from NHE3 and subsequent endocytosis of NHE3. ..
- Gu Y, Qi B, Zhou Y, Jiang X, Zhang X, Li X, et al. Porcine Circovirus Type 2 Activates CaMMK? to Initiate Autophagy in PK-15 Cells by Increasing Cytosolic Calcium. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) release from phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PIP2) by phosphoinositide phospholipase C-gamma (PLC-?)...
- Amir Moazami O, Alexia C, Charles N, Launay P, Monteiro R, Benhamou M. Phospholipid scramblase 1 modulates a selected set of IgE receptor-mediated mast cell responses through LAT-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25514-23 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data identify PLSCR1 as a novel amplifier of FcepsilonRI signaling that acts selectively on the Lyn-initiated LAT/phospholipase Cgamma1/calcium axis, resulting in potentiation of a selected set of mast cell responses. ..
- Janssen E, Zhu M, Craven B, Zhang W. Linker for activation of B cells: a functional equivalent of a mutant linker for activation of T cells deficient in phospholipase C-gamma1 binding. J Immunol. 2004;172:6810-9 pubmed..In addition, these activities appeared to be uncoupled from the TCR. An examination of the signaling capabilities of these T cells revealed that LAB resembled a LAT molecule unable to bind phospholipase C-gamma1. ..
- Iwama A, Yamaguchi N, Suda T. STK/RON receptor tyrosine kinase mediates both apoptotic and growth signals via the multifunctional docking site conserved among the HGF receptor family. EMBO J. 1996;15:5866-75 pubmed..Our findings provide the first evidence for apoptosis via a receptor tyrosine kinase. ..
- Ayuso P, Plaza SerÃ³n M, DoÃ±a I, Blanca LÃ³pez N, Campo P, Cornejo GarcÃa J, et al. Association study of genetic variants in PLA2G4A, PLCG1, LAT, SYK, and TNFRS11A genes in NSAIDs-induced urticaria and/or angioedema patients. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2015;25:618-21 pubmed publisher..045 and 0.046). Our results shed light on the involvement of variants in genes related to non-immunological mast cell activation in NIUA. ..
- Nel A, Gupta S, Lee L, Ledbetter J, Kanner S. Ligation of the T-cell antigen receptor (TCR) induces association of hSos1, ZAP-70, phospholipase C-gamma 1, and other phosphoproteins with Grb2 and the zeta-chain of the TCR. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18428-36 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that anti-CD3 induces Grb2-hSos1-PLC-gamma 1-p36/p38-ZAP70 complexes, which localize in the vicinity of TCR-zeta. ..
- Baldassare J, Henderson P, Fisher G. Isolation and characterization of one soluble and two membrane-associated forms of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C from human platelets. Biochemistry. 1989;28:6010-6 pubmed..These data indicate that platelets contain membrane-associated phosphoinositide-specific phospholipases C that are distinct from at least one cytosolic form (PLC-II) of the enzyme. ..
- Venema R, Ju H, Venema V, Schieffer B, Harp J, Ling B, et al. Angiotensin II-induced association of phospholipase Cgamma1 with the G-protein-coupled AT1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7703-8 pubmed..in vascular smooth muscle cells is the tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of phospholipase Cgamma1 (PLCgamma1)...
- Kanner S. Focal adhesion kinase-related fakB is regulated by the integrin LFA-1 and interacts with the SH3 domain of phospholipase C gamma 1. Cell Immunol. 1996;171:164-9 pubmed..Protein-protein complex formation was observed involving an association between fakB, phospholipase C gamma 1 (PLC gamma 1), and the tyrosine phosphoprotein pp35-36...
- Gomez T, Hamann M, McCarney S, Savoy D, Lubking C, Heldebrant M, et al. Dynamin 2 regulates T cell activation by controlling actin polymerization at the immunological synapse. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:261-70 pubmed..These data identify a functionally important interaction between Dyn2 and Vav1 that regulates actin reorganization and multiple signaling pathways in T lymphocytes. ..
- Choi J, Park J, Bae S, Yun S, Kim H, Hong W, et al. Phospholipase C-gamma1 is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for dynamin-1 and enhances dynamin-1-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3785-95 pubmed..These results establish a new role for PLC-gamma1 in the regulation of endocytosis and suggest that endocytosis of activated EGF receptors may mediate PLC-gamma1-dependent proliferation. ..
- GouazÃ© Andersson V, Delmas C, Taurand M, Martinez Gala J, Evrard S, Mazoyer S, et al. FGFR1 Induces Glioblastoma Radioresistance through the PLCÎ³/Hif1Î± Pathway. Cancer Res. 2016;76:3036-44 pubmed publisher..Cancer Res; 76(10); 3036-44. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Cefai D, Debre P, Kaczorek M, Idziorek T, Autran B, Bismuth G. Human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoproteins gp120 and gp160 specifically inhibit the CD3/T cell-antigen receptor phosphoinositide transduction pathway. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:2117-24 pubmed
- Jiang Y, Liao L, Shrestha C, Ji S, Chen Y, Peng J, et al. Reduced expression of E-cadherin and p120-catenin and elevated expression of PLC-Î³1 and PIKE are associated with aggressiveness of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:9042-51 pubmed..These data indicate that increased expression of PLC-Î³1 and PIKE and decreased expression of E-cadherin and p120 are associated with the aggressiveness of OSCC. ..
- Bae Y, Lee H, Jung Y, Lee M, Suh P. Phospholipase C? in Toll-like receptor-mediated inflammation and innate immunity. Adv Biol Regul. 2017;63:92-97 pubmed publisher..Here, we briefly review the current understanding of the functional role of PLC? in inflammation and innate immunity in some innate immune cell types. ..
- Tkaczyk C, Beaven M, Brachman S, Metcalfe D, Gilfillan A. The phospholipase C gamma 1-dependent pathway of Fc epsilon RI-mediated mast cell activation is regulated independently of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48474-84 pubmed..Here we report evidence that the PLC gamma 1-dependent pathway of Fc epsilon RI-mediated activation of mast cells is independent of PI 3-kinase activation...
- Richard S, Yu D, Blumer K, Hausladen D, Olszowy M, Connelly P, et al. Association of p62, a multifunctional SH2- and SH3-domain-binding protein, with src family tyrosine kinases, Grb2, and phospholipase C gamma-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:186-97 pubmed
- Carpenter G, Ji Q. Phospholipase C-gamma as a signal-transducing element. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:15-24 pubmed..However, the biochemistry of PLC-gamma is at a more advanced state than a clear understanding of exactly how this signaling element functions in the generation of a mitogenic response. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Oh Y, Park J, Choi H, Choi C, et al. Recruitment of Sprouty1 to immune synapse regulates T cell receptor signaling. J Immunol. 2009;183:7178-86 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that Sprouty1 induced by TCR signal negatively regulates further TCR signaling by interacting with proximal signaling molecules in immune synapse, providing a novel regulatory mechanism of T cells. ..
- Zhang W, Sloan Lancaster J, Kitchen J, Trible R, Samelson L. LAT: the ZAP-70 tyrosine kinase substrate that links T cell receptor to cellular activation. Cell. 1998;92:83-92 pubmed..Its function is demonstrated by inhibition of T cell activation following overexpression of a mutant form lacking critical tyrosine residues. Therefore, we propose to name the molecule LAT-linker for activation of T cells. ..
- Obermeier A, Halfter H, Wiesmuller K, Jung G, Schlessinger J, Ullrich A. Tyrosine 785 is a major determinant of Trk--substrate interaction. EMBO J. 1993;12:933-41 pubmed..Thus, the short C-terminal tail appears to be a crucial structural element of the Trk cytoplasmic domain, and phosphorylated Y-785 is a major and selective interaction site for PLC gamma. ..
- Panayotou G, Gish G, End P, Truong O, Gout I, Dhand R, et al. Interactions between SH2 domains and tyrosine-phosphorylated platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor sequences: analysis of kinetic parameters by a novel biosensor-based approach. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:3567-76 pubmed..This approach should be generally applicable to the study of the specificity inherent in the assembly of signaling complexes by activated protein-tyrosine kinase receptors. ..
- Suzuki S, Mizutani M, Suzuki K, Yamada M, Kojima M, Hatanaka H, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes interaction of the Nck2 adaptor protein with the TrkB tyrosine kinase receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:1087-92 pubmed..These results suggest that BDNF stimulation promotes interaction of Ncks with TrkB in cortical neurons. ..
- Hubert P, Lang V, Debre P, Bismuth G. Tyrosine phosphorylation and recruitment of ZAP-70 to the CD3-TCR complex are defective after CD2 stimulation. J Immunol. 1996;157:4322-32 pubmed..Altogether, these findings suggest that CD2 could bypass the PTK ZAP-70 for PLCgamma-1 activation and involves a preferential cascade comprising p56lck and a p62 protein, possibly acting as an anchor molecule. ..
- Holgado Madruga M, Emlet D, Moscatello D, Godwin A, Wong A. A Grb2-associated docking protein in EGF- and insulin-receptor signalling. Nature. 1996;379:560-4 pubmed..Over-expression of Gab1 enhances cell growth and results in transformation. We conclude that Gab1 is a new protein in EGF and insulin receptor signalling which could integrate signals from different systems. ..
- Hernandez Sotomayor S, Carpenter G. Epidermal growth factor receptor: elements of intracellular communication. J Membr Biol. 1992;128:81-9 pubmed..The discovery that rasGAP, PI-3 kinase and PLC-gamma 1 are substrates for the EGF receptor tyrosine kinase has provided a beginning in understanding the biochemistry underlying growth factor receptor transduction. ..
- Wang Q, Downey G, Herrera Abreu M, Kapus A, McCulloch C. SHP-2 modulates interleukin-1-induced Ca2+ flux and ERK activation via phosphorylation of phospholipase Cgamma1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8397-406 pubmed..and immunostaining showed that SHP-2, the endoplasmic reticulum-specific protein calnexin, and PLCgamma1 were associated with focal adhesions; however, these associations and IL-1-induced ERK activation dissipated ..
- Caramelli E, Matteucci A, Zini N, Carini C, Guidotti L, Ricci D, et al. Nuclear phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C, phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and protein kinase C during rat spermatogenesis. Eur J Cell Biol. 1996;71:154-64 pubmed..These data support the contention that the spermatozoon nucleus stores a lipid-dependent signaling apparatus which could be reactivated either during sperm maturation or at fertilization. ..
- Balasubramanian S, Ramos J, Luo W, Sirisawad M, Verner E, Buggy J. A novel histone deacetylase 8 (HDAC8)-specific inhibitor PCI-34051 induces apoptosis in T-cell lymphomas. Leukemia. 2008;22:1026-34 pubmed publisher..T-cell receptor signaling were still sensitive to PCI-34051-induced apoptosis, whereas a phospholipase C-gamma1 (PLCgamma1)-defective line was resistant...
- Wang D, Zheng M, Lei L, Ji J, Yao Y, Qiu Y, et al. Tespa1 is involved in late thymocyte development through the regulation of TCR-mediated signaling. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:560-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Tespa1 is a component of the TCR signalosome and is essential for T cell selection and maturation through the regulation of TCR signaling during T cell development. ..
- Wobst H, Forster S, Laurini C, Sekulla A, Dreiseidler M, Hohfeld J, et al. UCHL1 regulates ubiquitination and recycling of the neural cell adhesion molecule NCAM. FEBS J. 2012;279:4398-409 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that UCHL1 is a novel interaction partner of both NCAM isoforms that regulates their ubiquitination and intracellular trafficking. ..