Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLAGL1
Description: pleiomorphic adenoma gene-like 1
Alias: LOT1, ZAC, ZAC1, LOT-1, PLAG-like 1, lost on transformation 1, pleiomorphic adenoma-like protein 1, tumor suppressor ZAC, zinc finger protein PLAGL1
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Impaired glucose homeostasis in transgenic mice expressing the human transient neonatal diabetes mellitus locus, TNDMDan Ma
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 114:339-48. 2004..pattern of this imprinted disorder implicates overexpression of one or both genes within the TNDM locus: ZAC, which encodes a proapoptotic zinc finger protein, and HYMAI, which encodes an untranslated mRNA...
- Tissue-specific imprinting of the ZAC/PLAGL1 tumour suppressor gene results from variable utilization of monoallelic and biallelic promotersElizabeth M Valleley
Section of Genetics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Hum Mol Genet 16:972-81. 2007The tumour suppressor gene ZAC/PLAGL1 is widely expressed in many human tissues during fetal development and throughout life...
- Transcriptional activation capacity of the novel PLAG family of zinc finger proteinsK Kas
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 273:23026-32. 1998..PLAG1 and the two new PLAG1 family members (PLAGL1 and PLAGL2) constitute a novel subfamily of zinc finger proteins that recognize DNA and/or RNA...
- Identification of a gene containing zinc-finger motifs based on lost expression in malignantly transformed rat ovarian surface epithelial cellsA Abdollahi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 57:2029-34. 1997..Hence, we refer to this gene as Lot1 (lost on transformation 1; GenBank accession no. U72620). The most abundant transcript of the gene is approximately 6 kb...
- Enhancement of p53-dependent gene activation by the transcriptional coactivator Zac1S M Huang
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, CA 90089, USA
Oncogene 20:2134-43. 2001A recently discovered potential tumor suppressor protein, Zac1, was previously shown to promote cell cycle arrest and apoptosis, and to act as a positive or negative transcriptional cofactor for nuclear receptors...
- Modulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21(WAF1/Cip1) gene by Zac1 through the antagonistic regulators p53 and histone deacetylase 1 in HeLa CellsPei Yao Liu
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cancer Res 6:1204-14. 2008b>Zac1 is a novel seven-zinc finger protein which possesses the ability to bind specifically to GC-rich DNA elements...
- ZAC, LIT1 (KCNQ1OT1) and p57KIP2 (CDKN1C) are in an imprinted gene network that may play a role in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeTakahiro Arima
Department of Reproductive Physiology and Endocrinology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyusyu University 4546, Tsurumihara, Beppu, Oita 874 0838, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2650-60. 2005..Patients with these diseases share many characteristics. Here we show that mouse Zac1 and p57Kip2 have a strikingly similar expression pattern...
- Regulation of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest by Zac1, a novel zinc finger protein expressed in the pituitary gland and the brainD Spengler
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Molecular Neurobiology, Munich, Germany
EMBO J 16:2814-25. 1997..cloning of a novel zinc finger protein which regulates apoptosis and cell cycle arrest and was accordingly named Zac1. In vitro Zac1 inhibited proliferation of tumor cells, as evidenced by measuring colony formation, growth rate and ..
- hZAC encodes a zinc finger protein with antiproliferative properties and maps to a chromosomal region frequently lost in cancerA Varrault
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR 9023, 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:8835-40. 1998..C., Tagushi, T., Testa, J. R. & Hamilton, T. C. (1997) Cancer Res. 57, 2029-2034] recently isolated ZAC through its loss of expression in a surface epithelial ovary tumor model and accordingly named it Lot for "lost on ..
- The cell cycle control gene ZAC/PLAGL1 is imprinted--a strong candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetesM Kamiya
CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, Genome Exploration Research Group, Genomic Sciences Center GSC, Genome Science Laboratory and Biogenetic Research Center, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 9:453-60. 2000..and the identification in this way of ZAC (zinc finger protein which regulates apoptosis and cell cycle arrest)/ PLAGL1 (pleomorphicadenoma of the salivary gland gene like 1) as a strong candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes ..
- Epigenetics, genomic imprinting and assisted reproductive technologyY Le Bouc
Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 75571 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:237-8. 2010..and IGF2 DMRs, KCNQ1OT1 [ICR2], SNRPN [chromosome 15 q11-13], PEG/MEST1 [chromosome 7q31], IGF type2 receptor and ZAC1 [chromosome 6q26 et 6q24 respectively], DLK1/GTL2-IG-DMR [chromosome 14q32] and GNAS locus [chromosome 20q13.3])...
- Zac1 functions through TGFbetaII to negatively regulate cell number in the developing retinaLin Ma
IMCH, HBI, University of Calgary, T2N 4N1, Canada
Neural Dev 2:11. 2007..Here we report a similar role for two tumor suppressor genes, the Zac1 zinc finger transcription factor and that encoding the cytokine TGFbetaII, in the developing retina.
- Promiscuous and specific phospholipid binding by domains in ZAC, a membrane-associated Arabidopsis protein with an ARF GAP zinc finger and a C2 domainR B Jensen
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant Mol Biol 44:799-814. 2000..One of these is a 37 kDa protein, designated ZAC, which has a novel domain structure in which the N-terminal ARF GAP domain and a C-terminal C2 domain are separated ..
- PLAG1, the prototype of the PLAG gene family: versatility in tumour development (review)Frederik Van Dyck
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Human Genetics, K U Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Oncol 30:765-74. 2007..e. the PLAGL1 and PLAGL2 gene...
- High-throughput analysis of candidate imprinted genes and allele-specific gene expression in the human term placentaCaroline Daelemans
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1 SA, UK
BMC Genet 11:25. 2010..Using two allele-specific high-throughput technologies alongside bioinformatics predictions, normal term human placenta was screened to find new imprinted genes and to ascertain the extent of ASE in this tissue...
- Characterization of a novel protective monoclonal antibody that recognizes an epitope common to Vibrio cholerae Ogawa and Inaba serotypesMadushini N Dharmasena
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Microbiology 155:2353-64. 2009..The cDNA-derived amino acid sequence of mAb 72.1 is closely related to the previously characterized mAb ZAC-3, which is thought to recognize an epitope in the lipid A core region of O1 LPS...
- Transcriptome analysis identifies pathways associated with enhanced maternal performance in QSi5 micePalaniappan Ramanathan
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMC Genomics 9:197. 2008..The QSi5 inbred strain of mice was selected for high fecundity and low inter-litter interval, and is very successful at weaning large numbers of offspring when compared to other inbred strains...
- Aberrant DNA methylation of imprinted loci in superovulated oocytesA Sato
St Luke Clinic, Tsumori, Oita, Japan
Hum Reprod 22:26-35. 2007..The most likely candidate for the gametic mark is DNA methylation. However, the timing of DNA methylation acquisition in adult oocytogenesis and the effects of superovulation are unknown...
- A phylogenetic approach to test for evidence of parental conflict or gene duplications associated with protein-encoding imprinted orthologous genes in placental mammalsMary J O'Connell
Genetics and Biotechnology Lab, Department of Biochemistry and Biosciences Institute, University College Cork UCC, Lee Maltings 2 10, Cork, Ireland
Mamm Genome 21:486-98. 2010..selection for 14 imprinted genes where it is known that the gene is imprinted in a specific lineage, namely for: PLAGL1, IGF2, SLC22A18, OSBPL5, DCN, DLK1, RASGRF1, IGF2R, IMPACT, GRB10, NAPIL4, UBE3A, GATM and GABRG3...
- Hypomethylation at multiple maternally methylated imprinted regions including PLAGL1 and GNAS loci in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndromeJet Bliek
Department of Clinical Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Hum Genet 17:611-9. 2009..Some ICRs, including the PLAGL1 and GNAS/NESPAS ICRs implicated in the aetiology of transient neonatal diabetes and pseudohypoparathyroidism type ..
- Gene expression profile of primary prostate epithelial and stromal cells in response to sulforaphane or iberin exposureKaren F Chambers
Natural Products and Health Programme, Institute of Food Research, Norwich, UK
Prostate 69:1411-21. 2009..While there are many studies regarding the biological activity of SF, mainly undertaken with cancerous cells, there are few studies associated with IB...
- Detection of differentially expressed genes between Erhualian and Large White placentas on day 75 and 90 of gestationQuan Yong Zhou
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education and Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, PR China
BMC Genomics 10:337. 2009..Two female placentas from one sow were used to extract RNA and then pooled in equal volumes. Twelve pooled samples were hybridized to the porcine Affymetrix GeneChip...
- An imprinted gene network that controls mammalian somatic growth is down-regulated during postnatal growth deceleration in multiple organsJulian C Lui
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R189-96. 2008..For these genes, Igf2, H19, Plagl1, Mest, Peg3, Dlk1, Gtl2, Grb10, Ndn, Cdkn1c, and SLC38a4, the declines show a temporal pattern similar to the ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA) and cimetidine in indomethacin-induced acute gastric ulcer and control rats: inhibition of active renal secretion of AACA by cimetidineY H Choi
College of Pharmacy, Dongguk University Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Xenobiotica 41:409-15. 2011After both the intravenous and oral administration of zinc acexamate [ZAC; ion-pairing between zinc and ϵ-acetamidocaproic acid (AACA)] and cimetidine together, the areas under the curve (AUCs) of AACA were significantly greater [by 28...
- Isolation of substances with antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing activities against leukemia cells from the leaves of Zanthoxylum ailanthoides Sieb. & ZuccSu Tze Chou
Department of Food and Nutrition, Providence University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Phytomedicine 18:344-8. 2011..The chloroform-soluble fraction (ZAC) of the crude extract of this plant showed cytotoxic activity against human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) and ..
- Imprinted status of pleomorphic adenoma gene-like I and paternal expression gene 10 genes in pigsF W Zhang
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction, Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
J Anim Sci 85:886-90. 2007..approach was used to detect the expression patterns of the porcine pleomorphic adenoma gene-like I (PLAGL1) and paternal expression gene 10 (PEG10) genes...
- Heterogeneous and complex rearrangements of chromosome arm 6q in chondromyxoid fibroma: delineation of breakpoints and analysis of candidate target genesSalvatore Romeo
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 177:1365-76. 2010..Two known tumor suppressor genes map to the latter region: PLAGL1 and UTRN. However, neither of these two genes nor BCLAF1 and COL12A1, respectively located in 6q23...
- A conserved imprinting control region at the HYMAI/ZAC domain is implicated in transient neonatal diabetes mellitusT Arima
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QR, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:1475-83. 2001..exhibit paternal uniparental disomy (UPD) of chromosome 6q24, where at least two imprinted genes, HYMAI and ZAC, have so far been characterized...
- Molecularly genetic analysis of von Hippel-Lindau associated central nervous system hemangioblastomaJing Zhou
Department of Pathology, Nanjing Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medical College of Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Pathol Int 60:452-8. 2010..In addition, expression of the ZAC1 tumor suppressor gene protein was studied using immunohistochemistry staining in CHB tissues with a specific ..
- Retinoic acid receptors are required for skeletal growth, matrix homeostasis and growth plate function in postnatal mouseJulie A Williams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Dev Biol 328:315-27. 2009..in chondrocytes under retinoid-free culture conditions; production is further boosted by co-repressor Zac1 or pharmacologic agents that enhance RAR repressor function; and RAR/Zac1 function on aggrecan expression may ..
- Zac1 (Lot1), a potential tumor suppressor gene, and the gene for epsilon-sarcoglycan are maternally imprinted genes: identification by a subtractive screen of novel uniparental fibroblast linesG Piras
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:3308-15. 2000..Here we show that the epsilon-sarcoglycan gene (Sgce) and Zac1 (Lot1) are both paternally expressed imprinted genes...
- Viral induction of Zac1b through TLR3- and IRF3-dependent pathwaysBarbara Warzée
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, GIGA Research, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Mol Immunol 48:119-27. 2010Zinc finger protein regulator of apoptosis and cell cycle arrest (Zac1) is a transcription factor able to induce apoptosis or cell cycle arrest through independent pathways...
- Investigation of 90 patients referred for molecular cytogenetic analysis using aCGH uncovers previously unsuspected anomalies of imprintingRebecca L Poole
Division of Human Genetics, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Am J Med Genet A 152:1990-3. 2010..Methylation analysis was performed at 13 imprinted loci [PLAGL1, IGF2R, MEST, GRB10, H19, IGF2 DMR2 (IGF2P0), KCNQ1OT1 (KvDMR), MEG3, SNRPN, PEG3, GNAS (GNAS exon 1a and NESP55) ..
- The tumorigenic diversity of the three PLAG family members is associated with different DNA binding capacitiesKaren Hensen
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven KUL and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Herestraat 49 B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Res 62:1510-7. 2002..of zinc finger proteins comprising the tumor suppressor candidate PLAG-like1 (also called ZAC1 or lost on transformation 1) and PLAGL2...
- Haploinsufficiency of the murine polycomb gene Suz12 results in diverse malformations of the brain and neural tubeXavier Miro
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen D 37077, Germany
Dis Model Mech 2:412-8. 2009..Here, we show that a pathway that involves Zac1 (also known as Plagl1 or Lot1) and controls neuronal proliferation is altered in mice that are heterozygous for the polycomb gene Suz12, ..
- DNA demethylation reactivates a subset of imprinted genes in uniparental mouse embryonic fibroblastsA El Kharroubi
Cancer and Developmental Biology Laboratory, Division of Basic Sciences, NCI FCRDC, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8674-80. 2001..of imprinted genes including H19 (H19 fetal liver mRNA), p57(Kip2), Peg3/Pw1 (paternally expressed gene 3), and Zac1 (zinc finger-binding protein regulating apoptosis and cell cycle arrest)...
- Pancreatic islet expression profiling in diabetes-prone C57BLKS/J mice reveals transcriptional differences contributed by DBA loci, including Plagl1 and NntAbraham A Anderson
Department of Computational Biology, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Pathogenetics 2:1. 2009..Furthermore, DBA2/J (DBA) mice are also susceptible to beta-cell failure and share 25% of their genome with BLKS; thus the DBA genome may contribute to beta-cell dysfunction in BLKS mice...
- Regulation of cardiomyocyte Glut4 expression by ZAC1Michael P Czubryt
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 2A6, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:16942-50. 2010The transcription factor ZAC1 is expressed in a variety of tissues including the developing heart, but its physiological role is unclear...
- Cyclic AMP-mediated regulation of transcription factor Lot1 expression in cerebellar granule cellsAndrea Contestabile
Department of Human and General Physiology, University of Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:33541-51. 2005b>Lot1, a zinc finger transcription factor acting as a tumor suppressor gene on tumoral cells, is highly expressed during brain development...
- The mouse Zac1 locus: basis for imprinting and comparison with human ZACRachel J Smith
Developmental Genetics Programme, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
Gene 292:101-12. 2002..10 in a screen for imprinted genes. The homologous human gene ZAC (also known as LOT1 and PLAGLI) is a candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes (TNDM), an imprinted disorder associated with ..
- Loss of expression of ZAC/PLAGL1 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is independent of promoter hypermethylationElizabeth M A Valleley
Section of Genetics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:480-6. 2010ZAC/PLAGL1 is a ubiquitously expressed, imprinted tumor suppressor gene located on 6q24, a chromosomal region that is frequently deleted in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- LOT1 (ZAC1/PLAGL1) and its family members: mechanisms and functionsAbbas Abdollahi
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Cell Physiol 210:16-25. 2007Lost-on-transformation 1 (LOT1) (PLAGL1/ZAC1) is a member of the novel subfamily of zinc-finger transcription factors, designated as PLAG family...
- Tumor ZAC1 expression is associated with the response to somatostatin analog therapy in patients with acromegalyMarily Theodoropoulou
Department of Endocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, 80804 Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 125:2122-6. 2009..We have found that the tumor suppressor ZAC1 (LOT1/PLAGL1) is essential for the antiproliferative effect of SSA in pituitary tumor cells...
- Promoter hypermethylation of CDH1, FHIT, MTAP and PLAGL1 in gastric adenocarcinoma in individuals from Northern BrazilMariana Ferreira Leal
Genetics Division, Department of Morphology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 13:2568-74. 2007To evaluate the methylation status of CDH1, FHIT, MTAP and PLAGL1 promoters and the association of these findings with clinico-pathological characteristics.
- Characterization of the methylation-sensitive promoter of the imprinted ZAC gene supports its role in transient neonatal diabetes mellitusA Varrault
UPR 9023 CNRS Centre CNRS INSERM de Pharmacologie Endocrinologie 141, rue de la Cardonille, 34094 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
J Biol Chem 276:18653-6. 2001b>ZAC is a recently isolated zinc finger protein that induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest...
- ZAC1 target genes and pituitary tumorigenesisMarily Theodoropoulou
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Endocrinology, Kraepelinstrasse 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 326:60-5. 2010The zinc-finger protein Zac1 has a role as transcription factor and coregulator and plays an important role in pituitary development, maturation and tumorigenesis. Zac1 target genes control cell proliferation and hormone synthesis...
- Importin alpha1 is involved in the nuclear localization of Zac1 and the induction of p21WAF1/CIP1 by Zac1Shih Ming Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan 114, Republic of China
Biochem J 402:359-66. 2007b>Zac1, a novel seven-zinc-finger transcription factor, preferentially binds GC-rich DNA elements and has intrinsic transactivation activity. To date, the NLS (nuclear localization signal) of Zac1 has not been empirically determined...
- Molecular analyses of the candidate tumor suppressor gene, PLAGL1, in benign and malignant salivary gland tumorsFredrik Enlund
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 112:545-7. 2004..Here we have examined the possible involvement of the candidate tumor suppressor gene, PLAGL1, in these deletions and translocations...
- Gonadotropin-induced gene regulation in human granulosa cells obtained from IVF patients: modulation of genes coding for growth factors and their receptors and genes involved in cancer and other diseasesE Rimon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Int J Oncol 24:1325-38. 2004..Gene transcripts for oncogenes and tumor markers such as pleiomorphic adenoma gene-like 1 (Plagl1) tumor antigen (L6) and claudin 3 were markedly elevated following LH and FSH stimulation...
- Genomic imprinting is variably lost during reprogramming of mouse iPS cellsSachiko Takikawa
Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Stem Cell Res 11:861-73. 2013..Intriguingly, one to several paternal chromosomes appeared to have acquired de novo methylation at the Snrpn and Zac1 imprinted regions in a high percentage of iPS clones...
- Overexpression of ZAC impairs glucose-stimulated insulin translation and secretion in clonal pancreatic beta-cellsXiaoyu Du
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, McGill University Health Center Research Institute Children s Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:645-53. 2012b>ZAC (Zinc finger protein that regulates apoptosis and cell-cycle arrest) is a candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes mellitus (TNDM)...
- Novel pathway for somatostatin analogs in patients with acromegalyMonica R Gadelha
Division of Endocrinology, Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Professor Rodolpho Paulo Rocco street 255, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Trends Endocrinol Metab 24:238-46. 2013..Previous data have suggested the involvement of the tumor-suppressor gene ZAC1 in the mechanism of action of SSAs, and more recent findings suggested that SSAs could regulate AIP, which in turn ..
- DNA methylation differences at growth related genes correlate with birth weight: a molecular signature linked to developmental origins of adult disease?Nahid Turan
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
BMC Med Genomics 5:10. 2012..Numerous studies have been published in which candidate genes (IGF1, IGF2, IGF2R, IGF binding proteins, PHLDA2 and PLAGL1) have been associated with birth weight, but these studies are difficult to reproduce in man and large cohort ..
- Genome patterns of selection and introgression of haplotypes in natural populations of the house mouse (Mus musculus)Fabian Staubach
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology, Plon, Germany
PLoS Genet 8:e1002891. 2012..Genes in the regions include well-studied imprinted loci (e.g. Plagl1/Zac1), homologues of human genes involved in adaptations (e.g. alpha-amylase genes) or in genetic diseases (e.g...
- Expression of KCNQ1OT1, CDKN1C, H19, and PLAGL1 and the methylation patterns at the KvDMR1 and H19/IGF2 imprinting control regions is conserved between human and bovineKatherine Marie Robbins
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Biomed Sci 19:95. 2012..This work is intended to be the first step in a series of experiments aimed at determining if LOS will serve as an appropriate animal model to study BWS...
- Analysis of active chromatin modifications in early mammalian embryos reveals uncoupling of H2A.Z acetylation and H3K36 trimethylation from embryonic genome activationAna Boskovic
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM U964, Strasbourg, France
Epigenetics 7:747-57. 2012..b>Zac in transcriptional activation. Interestingly, however, H2A...
- Canine cutaneous peripheral nerve sheath tumours versus fibrosarcomas can be differentiated by neuroectodermal marker genes in their transcriptomeR Klopfleisch
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Straße 15, Berlin, Germany
J Comp Pathol 148:197-205. 2013..Conversely, eight genes associated with carcinogenesis had higher expression in fibrosarcomas: FHL2, PLAGL1, FNBP1L, BAG2, HK1, CSK and Cox5A...
- Somatostatin analogs modulate AIP in somatotroph adenomas: the role of the ZAC1 pathwayHarvinder S Chahal
Centre for Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, Queen Mary University of London, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1411-20. 2012..Somatotroph adenomas harboring aryl hydrocarbon receptor interacting protein (AIP) mutations respond less well to somatostatin analogs, suggesting that the effects of somatostatin analogs may be mediated by AIP...
- Differential expression of imprinted genes in normal and IUGR human placentasAndreas I Diplas
Departments of Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Epigenetics 4:235-40. 2009..normal and IUGR placentas; five were upregulated (PHLDA2, ILK2, NNAT, CCDC86, PEG10) and four downregulated (PLAGL1, DHCR24, ZNF331, CDKAL1)...
- Partial paternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 6 in monozygotic twins with transient neonatal diabetes mellitus and macroglossiaS Suzuki
Department of Pediatrics, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
Clin Genet 78:580-4. 2010..In most of the cases, TNDM is caused by the over-expression of a paternally expressed imprinted PLAGL1 locus on chromosome 6q24...
- Lot1 is a key element of the pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP)/cyclic AMP pathway that negatively regulates neuronal precursor proliferationTatiana Fila
Department of Human and General Physiology, University of Bologna, Piazza di Porta San Donato 2, Bologna, Italy
J Biol Chem 284:15325-38. 2009The tumor suppressor gene Lot1 is highly expressed during brain development...
- Developmental methylation program and concerted expression of Stx11 in mouse tissuesGenevieve Marcelin
INSERM U781, Université René Descartes Paris, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades Clinique Maurice Lamy, 161 rue de Sevres, 75743, Paris Cedex 15, France
Mamm Genome 20:131-9. 2009..To further characterize this region, the developmental status of DNA methylation and expression of Zac1 and Stx11 genes located within the mouse 10A1 region ortholog of human 6q24 were determined...
- [Effect of methylation inhibitor on demethylation pattern of the PD-1 gene in promoter region and PD-1 expression in human T lymphocyte cell line]Min Zhang
Department of Infectious Diseases, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:1163-9. 2011To observe the demethylation effect of demethylation inhibitor 5-azacytidine (5-Zac) on programmed death receptor 1 (PD-1) in Molt-4 cells (T lymphocyte cell line) and to investigate the relationship between DNA demethylation and ..
- ε-Acetamidocaproic acid pharmacokinetics in rats with gastric ulcer or small bowel inflammationU Lee
College of Pharmacy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
Xenobiotica 42:310-5. 2012..acid (AACA) were evaluated after the intravenous and oral administration of an antiulcer agent, zinc acexamate (ZAC) at a dose of 20 mg kg⁻¹ (ion pairing between zinc and AACA) in rats with indomethacin-induced acute gastric ..
- Zac1 is an essential transcription factor for cardiac morphogenesisShinsuke Yuasa
Professor and Chair, Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Circ Res 106:1083-91. 2010..The transcriptional networks guiding heart development remain poorly understood, despite the identification of several essential cardiac transcription factors...
- Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus type 1Deborah J G Mackay
University of Southampton, UK
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 154:335-42. 2010..It is caused by overexpression of the imprinted genes PLAGL1 and HYMAI on human chromosome 6q24...
- Mouse induced glioma-initiating cell models and therapeutic targetsToru Kondo
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 10:471-80. 2010..by inducing their neuronal differentiation, which was accompanied by decreased levels of a novel oncogene, plagl1. These findings suggest that Sox11 and Plagl1 work as a tumor suppressor and oncogene, respectively, in GBM and ..
- The novel metastasis promoter Merm1/Wbscr22 enhances tumor cell survival in the vasculature by suppressing Zac1/p53-dependent apoptosisYouya Nakazawa
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 71:1146-55. 2011..transcriptome analysis, Merm1 expression was negatively correlated with the expression of tumor suppressor Zac1. We confirmed that Merm1 suppressed Zac1 expression with histone H3 methylation at Lys(9) in the Zac1 promoter ..
- Pdx1- and Ngn3-Cre-mediated PLAG1 expression in the pancreas leads to endocrine hormone imbalances that affect glucose metabolismJeroen Declercq
Stem Cell Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Cell Transplant 20:1285-97. 2011Pleomorphic adenoma gene-like 1 (PLAGL1) has been linked to transient neonatal diabetes mellitus. Here, we investigated the role of the related pleomorphic adenoma gene 1 (PLAG1) in glucose homeostasis...
- Zac1 is a histone acetylation-regulated NF-κB suppressor that mediates histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced apoptosisG Shu
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Cell Death Differ 18:1825-35. 2011..Here we show that increased expression of zinc-finger protein regulator of apoptosis and cell-cycle arrest (Zac1) is implicated in HDAC inhibitor-induced apoptosis in F9 and P19 EC cells...
- Spatial link between nucleoli and expression of the Zac1 geneFelix Royo
Cytogenomics, CIC bioGUNE CIBEREHD, Par Tec Bizkaia Ed 801 A, Derio, Spain
Chromosoma 118:711-22. 2009..Myc, c-Met, Igf2r, Asb4, and Zac1 genes have the same radial distribution, but they are not positioned in close proximity with respect to each other...
- DNA demethylation in PD-1 gene promoter induced by 5-azacytidine activates PD-1 expression on Molt-4 cellsMin Zhang
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institute of Hepatology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan Province, China
Cell Immunol 271:450-4. 2011..and the demethylation status of the PD-1 promoter region in Molt-4 cells under different concentrations of 5-azacytidine (5-Zac). The result demonstrated that DNA demethylation at PD-1 promoter may contribute to PD-1 overexpression.
- Conserved regulation of p53 network dosage by microRNA-125b occurs through evolving miRNA-target gene pairsMinh T N Le
Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 7:e1002242. 2011..These targets include both apoptosis regulators like Bak1, Igfbp3, Itch, Puma, Prkra, Tp53inp1, Tp53, Zac1, and also cell-cycle regulators like cyclin C, Cdc25c, Cdkn2c, Edn1, Ppp1ca, Sel1l, in the p53 network...
- Predicting recurrence of nonfunctioning pituitary adenomasTae Woong Noh
Pituitary Tumor Clinic and Institute of Endocrinology, Yonsei Brain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 120 752 Seoul, Korea
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4406-13. 2009..We investigated the use of several cellular markers for predicting the recurrence of nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas...
- Delayed up-regulation of Zac1 and PACAP type I receptor after transient focal cerebral ischemia in miceF Gillardon
Max Planck Institut für neurologische Forschung, Gleueler Str 50, 50931, Koln, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 61:207-10. 1998The Zac1 gene encodes a zinc finger protein that regulates both apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in vitro...
- Zac1 is up-regulated in neural cells of the limbic system of mouse brain following seizures that provoke strong cell activationT Valente
Departament de Biologia Cellular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Diagonal 645, 1a planta, E 08028, Spain
Neuroscience 128:323-36. 2004b>Zac1, a new zinc-finger protein that regulates both apoptosis and cell cycle arrest, is abundantly expressed in many proliferative/differentiation areas during brain development...
- Altered expression and loss of heterozygosity of the LOT1 gene in ovarian cancerDusica Cvetkovic
Ovarian Cancer Program, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:449-55. 2004Previously, we demonstrated that the LOT1 (PLAGL1/ZAC1) gene encodes a zinc-finger transcription factor and has growth suppressive effects in carcinoma cell lines...
- Lsh controls silencing of the imprinted Cdkn1c geneTao Fan
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Development 132:635-44. 2005..Cdkn1c gene (also known as p57(Kip2)) but does not interfere with maintenance of imprints at the H19, Igf2, Igf2r, Zac1 and Meg9 genes...
- Genome-wide linkage analyses and candidate gene fine mapping for HDL3 cholesterol: the Framingham StudyQiong Yang
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Lipid Res 46:1416-25. 2005..0 at 129 cM on chromosome 6. Family-based association analysis revealed that SNP rs2257104 in PLAGL1 at approximately 143 cM was associated with multivariable adjusted HDL(3) (P = 0.03)...
- Zac1 is expressed in progenitor/stem cells of the neuroectoderm and mesoderm during embryogenesis: differential phenotype of the Zac1-expressing cells during developmentTony Valente
Departament de Biologia Cellular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Dev Dyn 233:667-79. 2005b>Zac1, a new zinc-finger protein that regulates both apoptosis and cell cycle arrest, is abundantly expressed in many neuroepithelia during early brain development...
- Fifty years of research on the intelligence of deaf and hard-of-hearing children: a review of literature and discussion of implicationsMcCay Vernon
NTID, Rochester, NY 14623, USA
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 10:225-31. 2005..McCay Vernon's extensive professional impact stems not only from his prolific, readily applied research work but also from his generous and vigorous activities as a teacher, a mentor, and advisor. - Robert Q. Pollard, Jr...
- Neonatal diabetes mellitus: from understudy to center stageMark A Sperling
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:512-8. 2005..The purpose of this review is to highlight the recent exciting discoveries concerning the genetic and molecular basis of the spectrum of disorders constituting neonatal diabetes mellitus...
- Cloning and expression of ligand-gated ion-channel receptor L2 in central nervous systemTakeshi Houtani
Department of Anatomy and Brain Science, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:277-85. 2005An orphan receptor of ligand-gated ion-channel type (L2, also termed ZAC according to the presence of zinc ion for channel activation) was identified by computer-assisted search programs on human genome database...
- Repression of the Transactivating Capacity of the Oncoprotein PLAG1 by SUMOylationFrederik Van Dyck
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Department for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 279:36121-31. 2004..Together with PLAGL1 and PLAGL2, PLAG1 belongs to a subfamily of C(2)H(2) zinc finger transcription factors that activate transcription ..
- Zinc finger protein Zac1 is expressed in chondrogenic sites of the mouseTakeshi Tsuda
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 229:340-8. 2004b>Zac1 is a zinc finger transcription factor that elicits antiproliferative activity and is a potential tumor suppressor gene...
- Downregulation of Cap43 gene by von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein in human renal cancer cellsKatsuaki Masuda
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Cancer 105:803-10. 2003..beta4, secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine, Cap43, ceruloplasmin, serum amyloid A, heat shock protein 90, LOT1, osteopontin and casein kinase Igamma) that are more highly expressed in cancerous regions than in noncancerous ..
- Inhibition of Zac1, a new gene differentially expressed in the anterior pituitary, increases cell proliferationU Pagotto
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Endocrinology 140:987-96. 1999b>Zac1 is a new zinc finger protein that concomitantly controls apoptosis and cell cycle arrest through separate pathways. The mouse Zac1 gene is mainly expressed in the pituitary gland and in different brain areas...
- LOT1 is a growth suppressor gene down-regulated by the epidermal growth factor receptor ligands and encodes a nuclear zinc-finger proteinA Abdollahi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvannia, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 18:6477-87. 1999..Interestingly, the LOT1 gene localized at band q25 of human chromosome 6 which is a frequent site for LOH in many solid tumors including ..
- Mouse Zac1, a transcriptional coactivator and repressor for nuclear receptorsS M Huang
Departments of Pathology and of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:1855-67. 2000..the C-terminal activation domain of the nuclear receptor coactivator GRIP1, we identified a new variant of mouse Zac1 which we call mZac1b...
- A novel imprinted gene, HYMAI, is located within an imprinted domain on human chromosome 6 containing ZACT Arima
Wellcome CRC Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology and Physiological Laboratory, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:248-55. 2000..A previously characterized imprinted gene, ZAC/LOT1, is located 70 kb downstream of HYMAI and is also expressed only from the paternal allele...
- Involvement of PLAGL2 in activation of iron deficient- and hypoxia-induced gene expression in mouse cell linesT Furukawa
Department of Hygiene, Kansai Medical University, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Oncogene 20:4718-27. 2001..Transient co-transfection of PLAGL2 or ZAC1 cDNA and a reporter containing a lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) promoter carrying the hypoxia inducible factor-1 ..
- Relaxation of imprinted expression of ZAC and HYMAI in a patient with transient neonatal diabetes mellitusD J G Mackay
Wessex Regional Genetics Laboratory, Salisbury District Hospital, Wiltshire, UK
Hum Genet 110:139-44. 2002..Two genes partially overlap the island: the cell-cycle-control gene ZAC and the untranslated gene HYMAI, the function of which is currently unknown...
- LOT1 (PLAGL1/ZAC1), the candidate tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 6q24-25, is epigenetically regulated in cancerAbbas Abdollahi
Ovarian Cancer Program, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6041-9. 2003..Genome mapping of LOT1 in comparison with the other splice variants, namely ZAC1 and PLAGL1, revealed that its mRNA ( approximately 4...
- Transcriptional activities of the zinc finger protein Zac are differentially controlled by DNA bindingAnke Hoffmann
Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 23:988-1003. 2003b>Zac encodes a zinc finger protein that promotes apoptosis and cell cycle arrest and is maternally imprinted...
- The PLAGL1 gene is down-regulated in human extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma tumorsHugo Poulin
Unite de Recherche en Genetique Humaine et Moleculaire, Hopital Saint Francois d Assise, CHUQ, Que, Canada G1L 3L5
Cancer Lett 227:185-91. 2005..A differential display analysis has identified the PLAGL1 gene as being down-regulated in the CFK2(EWS/NOR1) cell line compared to native CFK2 cells...
- The candidate tumor suppressor gene ZAC is involved in keratinocyte differentiation and its expression is lost in basal cell carcinomasEugenia Basyuk
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, 141, rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cancer Res 3:483-92. 2005b>ZAC is a zinc finger transcription factor that induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in various cell lines...
- Genetic background of different cancer cell lines influences the gene set involved in chromosome 8 mediated breast tumor suppressionSusanne Seitz
Department of Tumor Genetics, Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Roessle Str 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:612-27. 2006..highly expressed in the hybrids but down-regulated in the tumors and metastases (MYH11, CRYAB, C11ORF8, PDGFRL, PLAGL1, SH3BP5, and KIAA1026) were confirmed by RT-PCR and tissue microarray analyses...
- Mecp2-null mice provide new neuronal targets for Rett syndromeRocio G Urdinguio
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 3:e3669. 2008..Currently, MeCP2 is thought to act as a transcriptional repressor that couples DNA methylation and transcriptional silencing. The present study aimed to identify new target genes regulated by Mecp2 in a mouse model of RTT...
- The human pseudoxanthoma elasticum gene ABCC6 is transcriptionally regulated by PLAG family transcription factorsMarcin Ratajewski
Laboratory of Transcriptional Regulation, Institute for Medical Biology PAS, Lodowa 106, 93 232, Lodz, Poland
Hum Genet 124:451-63. 2008..the mechanisms of its regulation, we identified ABCC6 as a target gene for transcriptional induction by PLAG1 and PLAGL1, transcription factors from the PLAG family of cell cycle progression-related DNA-binding proteins...
- Changes in expression of imprinted genes following treatment of human cancer cell lines with non-mutagenic or mutagenic carcinogensTakeo Shibui
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The Nippon Dental University Hospital at Tokyo, Tokyo 102 8158, Japan
Int J Oncol 33:351-60. 2008..the ability of both types of chemicals to alter the expression of five imprinted genes, PEG3, SNRPN, NDN, ZAC and H19, using two human colon cancer cell lines and a human breast cancer cell line...
- Ca Handling & Arrhythmias Associated with LQT SyndromeKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2005..e. lot1, lqt2, lqt3)...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF OVARIAN SURFACE NEOPLASIAThomas Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2003..of heterozygosity (LOH) (chromosome 6q25) for many solid tumors including ovarian cancer; (iii) Determining that LOT1 is a nuclear transcription factor regulated by epidermal growth factor and that constitutive over-expression is a ..
- Zinc Finger Protein Zac1 and ChondrogenesisMon Li Chu; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide a better understanding of regulatory factors important for cartilage formation and repair. ..
- Ethanol Modulation of Zinc-Activated ChannelsPAUL ANDREW DAVIES; Fiscal Year: 2010..The zinc activated channel (ZAC) is a novel member of the alcohol sensitive Cys-loop ligand-gated cation channel superfamily and is gated by the ..