Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G6
Description: phospholipase A2, group VI (cytosolic, calcium-independent)
Alias: CaI-PLA2, GVI, INAD1, IPLA2-VIA, NBIA2, NBIA2A, NBIA2B, PARK14, PLA2, PNPLA9, iPLA2, iPLA2beta, 85 kDa calcium-independent phospholipase A2, 85/88 kDa calcium-independent phospholipase A2, GVI PLA2, calcium-independent phospholipase A2, cytosolic, calcium-independent phospholipase A2, group VI phospholipase A2, iPLA2-beta, intracellular membrane-associated calcium-independent phospholipase A2 beta, neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation 2, patatin-like phospholipase domain containing 9, patatin-like phospholipase domain-containing protein 9
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Melanocytic nevi, nevus genes, and melanoma risk in a large case-control study in the United KingdomJulia A Newton-Bishop
Section of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2043-54. 2010..Increased number of melanocytic nevi is a potent melanoma risk factor. We have carried out a large population-based case-control study to explore the environmental and genetic determinants of nevi and the relationship with melanoma risk...
- Identification, cloning, expression, and purification of three novel human calcium-independent phospholipase A2 family members possessing triacylglycerol lipase and acylglycerol transacylase activitiesChristopher M Jenkins
Division of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 279:48968-75. 2004..Sequence data base searches for proteins containing calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) dual signature nucleotide ((G/A)XGXXG) and lipase (GXSXG) consensus sequence motifs identified a novel subfamily ..
- PLA2G6, encoding a phospholipase A2, is mutated in neurodegenerative disorders with high brain ironNeil V Morgan
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, University of Birmingham School of Medicine, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Nat Genet 38:752-4. 2006..NBIA) to chromosome 22q12-q13 and identified mutations in PLA2G6, encoding a calcium-independent group VI phospholipase A2, in NBIA, INAD and the related Karak syndrome...
- Characterization of PLA2G6 as a locus for dystonia-parkinsonismCoro Paisan-Ruiz
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Aging, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Ann Neurol 65:19-23. 2009..Although many recessive loci causing parkinsonism dystonia have been identified, these do not explain all cases of the disorder...
- Beta-cell calcium-independent group VIA phospholipase A(2) (iPLA(2)beta): tracking iPLA(2)beta movements in response to stimulation with insulin secretagogues in INS-1 cellsShunzhong Bao
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Diabetes 53:S186-9. 2004..Arachidonic acid produced by iPLA(2)beta-catalyzed hydrolysis of their substrates induces release of Ca(2+) from ER stores-an event thought to participate in glucose-stimulated insulin secretion...
- iPLA2beta: front and center in human monocyte chemotaxis to MCP-1Ravi S Mishra
Department of Cell Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Exp Med 205:347-59. 2008....
- Neurodegeneration associated with genetic defects in phospholipase A(2)A Gregory
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, L103A, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Neurology 71:1402-9. 2008Mutations in the gene encoding phospholipase A(2) group VI (PLA2G6) are associated with two childhood neurologic disorders: infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy (INAD) and idiopathic neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation (NBIA)...
- A novel cytosolic calcium-independent phospholipase A2 contains eight ankyrin motifsJ Tang
Genetics Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
J Biol Chem 272:8567-75. 1997..the purification, molecular cloning, and expression of a novel cytosolic calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) from Chinese hamster ovary cells, which lacks extended homology to other phospholipases...
- Fcgamma RI-triggered generation of arachidonic acid and eicosanoids requires iPLA2 but not cPLA2 in human monocytic cellsHwee Kee Tay
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
J Biol Chem 279:22505-13. 2004....
- Clinical study and PLA2G6 mutation screening analysis in Chinese patients with infantile neuroaxonal dystrophyY Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University, First Hospital, Beijing, China
Eur J Neurol 16:240-5. 2009..Before the identification of associated mutations in PLA2G6-encoding iPLA(2)-VIA (cytosolic Ca(2+)-independent phospholipids A(2), group VIA) in 2006, neuropathological ..
- Activation mechanism for CRAC current and store-operated Ca2+ entry: calcium influx factor and Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2beta-mediated pathwayPeter Csutora
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 281:34926-35. 2006..net loss) as well as by simple buffering of free Ca2+ within the stores, 2) a specific 82-kDa variant of iPLA2beta and its corresponding activity are present in membrane fraction of RBL cells, 3) exogenous CIF (extracted from ..
- Human pancreatic islets express mRNA species encoding two distinct catalytically active isoforms of group VI phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) that arise from an exon-skipping mechanism of alternative splicing of the transcript from the iPLA2 gene on chromosome 22Z Ma
Mass Spectrometry Resource, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 274:9607-16. 1999An 85-kDa Group VI phospholipase A2 enzyme (iPLA2) that does not require Ca2+ for catalysis has recently been cloned from three rodent species...
- Multiple splice variants of the human calcium-independent phospholipase A2 and their effect on enzyme activityP K Larsson
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Physiological Chemistry II, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 273:207-14. 1998Recently, the cloning of a novel Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) from Chinese hamster ovary cells as well as from mouse and rat sources containing a C-terminal lipase motif and eight N-terminal ankyrin repeats has been ..
- Inhibition of carrageenin-induced rat paw oedema by crotapotin, a polypeptide complexed with phospholipase A2E C Landucci
Department of Biochemistry, UNICAMP, Campinas SP, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 114:578-83. 1995..effect of purified crotapotin, a non-toxic non-enzymatic chaperon protein normally complexed to a phospholipase A2 (PLA2) in South America rattlesnake venom, was studied in the acute inflammatory response induced by carrageenin (1 mg/..
- Differential changes of adrenoceptor- and muscarinic receptor-linked prostacyclin synthesis by the aorta and urinary bladder of the diabetic ratJ Y Jeremy
Department of Chemical Pathology and Human Metabolism, Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine, University of London
Br J Pharmacol 108:1131-6. 1993..Ca2+ ionophore A23187 (A23187) and thapsigargin (both elevate intracellular Ca2+, activating phospholipase A2 [PLA2]) and arachidonate (AA; substrate for PGI2 synthesis). 2...
- Suppression of inflammatory responses to 12-O-tetradecanoyl-phorbol-13-acetate and carrageenin by YM-26734, a selective inhibitor of extracellular group II phospholipase A2A Miyake
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Dept, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:447-53. 1993..eny l) chroman] dose-dependently inhibited the activities of extracellular phospholipase A2 (PLA2): rabbit platelet-derived group II and porcine pancreas-derived group I PLA2, with IC50 values of 0.085 (0.056-0...
- Pharmacology of LY315920/S-5920, [[3-(aminooxoacetyl)-2-ethyl-1- (phenylmethyl)-1H-indol-4-yl]oxy] acetate, a potent and selective secretory phospholipase A2 inhibitor: A new class of anti-inflammatory drugs, SPID W Snyder
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 288:1117-24. 1999LY315920 is a potent, selective inhibitor of recombinant human, group IIA, nonpancreatic secretory PLA2 (sPLA2). In a chromogenic isolated enzyme assay, LY315920 inhibited sPLA2 activity with an IC50 of 9 +/- 1 nM or 7...
- Up-regulation of [3H]-des-Arg10-kallidin binding to the bradykinin B1 receptor by interleukin-1 beta in isolated smooth muscle cells: correlation with B1 agonist-induced PGI2 productionJ P Galizzi
Cerep, Celle l evescault, France
Br J Pharmacol 113:389-94. 1994..This observation suggests that IL-1 but not LPS, in addition to increase in the number of receptors, signals the cell to permit the coupling of B1 receptors to the PLA2/cyclo-oxygenase pathway.
- Arachidonic acid induces c-jun gene expression in stromal cells stimulated by interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha: evidence for a tyrosine-kinase-dependent processM T Rizzo
Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Parma University School of Medicine, Italy
Blood 86:2967-75. 1995..1-LDA 11 involves activation of phospholipase A2 (PLA2)...
- Intracerebral injection of phospholipase A2 inhibits dopamine-mediated behavior in rats: possible implications for schizophreniaJ Brunner
Neurobiology Unit, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:13-6. 1995Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a key enzyme in the phospholipid metabolism. In the CNS intracellular PLA2 plays an essential role in signal transduction by affecting both dopamine (DA) release and DA-receptor sensitivity...
- Activation of BK channels in GH3 cells by a c-PLA2-dependent G-protein signaling pathwayD D Denson
Dept of Anesthesiology, Emory University School of Medicine, 3B South Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:3146-56. 2005BK-channels in GH3 cells are activated by arachidonic acid produced by c-PLA2. beta-adrenergic agonists also activate BK channels and were presumed to do so via production of cAMP...
- Affinity purification of phospholipase A2 on immobilized artificial membranes containing and lacking the glycerol backboneC Bernal
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Perdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Chromatogr A 731:139-51. 1996..PCC10/C3 lacks the glycerol backbone. Affinity purification of PLA2 on these IAM surfaces demonstrated that the surface structural differences were not important for phospholipase A2 (..
- Tetrahydrofurandiol stimulation of phospholipase A2, lipoxygenase, and cyclooxygenase gene expression and MCF-7 human breast cancer cell proliferationBarry M Markaverich
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor Colloege of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:1727-31. 2007..Synthetic THF-diols inhibited rat male and female sexual behavior at oral concentrations of 0.5-1 ppm, and stimulated MCF-7 human breast cancer cell proliferation in vitro...
- Decreased phospholipase A2 activity in the brain and in platelets of patients with Alzheimer's diseaseW F Gattaz
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:129-31. 1996Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a key enzyme in the metabolism of membrane phospholipids...
- Phospholipase A2 regulation of bovine endometrial (BEND) cell prostaglandin productionJames D Godkin
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:44. 2008..The objectives of this investigation were to evaluate the expression and activities of calcium-dependent group IVA (PLA2G4A) and calcium-independent group VI (PLA2G6) enzymes in the regulation of BEND cell PG production.
- Pancreatic phospholipase A2--mediated enhancement of the respiratory burst response of human neutrophilsJ Muller
Institute of Medical Physics and Biophysics, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 56:1150-6. 2001..Pancreatic PLA2 was used because PMNs do not possess a receptor for that enzyme and, therefore, the receptor-mediated effects could ..
- Chymopapain-induced reduction of proinflammatory phospholipase A2 activity and amelioration of neuropathic behavioral changes in an in vivo model of acute sciaticaP D Sawin
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Neurosurg 86:998-1006. 1997..assessed the ability of chymopapain to modulate the activity of the proinflammatory enzyme phospholipase A2 (PLA2) and to ameliorate behavioral changes associated with inflammatory neuropathy in an in vivo model of sciatica...
- Semisynthetic preparation of 1-O-hexadecyl-2-acetyl-sn-glyceryl-3-phosphorylcholine (platelet activating factor)M E Lekka
Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
Z Naturforsch C 43:665-70. 1988..the chromatographic behaviour on TLC and HPLC, the physicochemical properties and the behaviour under treatment with PLA2 and Lipase from Rhizopus arrhizus. The above procedure is proposed as a facile, inexpensive and convenient method.
- Progesterone primes zona pellucida-induced activation of phospholipase A2 during acrosomal exocytosis in guinea pig spermatozoaQi Xian Shi
Zhejiang Academy of Medical Sciences, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
J Cell Physiol 205:344-54. 2005We investigated, using guinea-pig spermatozoa as a model, whether phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is involved in progesterone or zona pellucida (ZP)-stimulated acrosomal exocytosis, if progesterone enhances ZP-induced activation of PLA2, and ..
- Effect of neuroleptics on phospholipase A2 activity in the brain of ratsH I Trzeciak
Department of Pharmacology, Silesian Academy of Medicine, Katowice-Ligota, Poland
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:179-82. 1995The effect of neuroleptics on phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activity in rat brain plasma membranes was studied...
- CC-PLA2-1 and CC-PLA2-2, two Cerastes cerastes venom-derived phospholipases A2, inhibit angiogenesis both in vitro and in vivoRaoudha Kessentini-Zouari
Laboratoire des Venins et Toxines, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia
Lab Invest 90:510-9. 2010..Here, we report that CC-PLA2-1 and CC-PLA2-2, two novel secreted phospholipases A(2) (PLA(2)) isolated from Cerastes cerastes venom, also showed ..
- Induction of mast cell accumulation, histamine release and skin edema by N49 phospholipase A2Ji Fu Wei
Clinical Experiment Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
BMC Immunol 10:21. 2009It has been recognized that phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a crucial component of snake venom, which contributes greatly to snake venom induced inflammation in man...
- Oxalate toxicity in renal cellsJulie A Jonassen
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Urol Res 33:329-39. 2005..Oxalate exposure activates phospholipase A2 (PLA2), which increases two lipid signaling molecules, arachidonic acid and lysophosphatidylcholine (Lyso-PC)...
- Effect of a new inhibitor of type II phospholipase A2 on experimental acute pancreatitis in ratsT Yoshikawa
Department of Internal Medicine II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Pancreas 19:193-8. 1999The catalytic activity of type II phospholipase A2 (PLA2) in blood has been reported to increase in acute pancreatitis and to reflect the severity of pancreatitis...
- Mobile phase effects on membrane protein elution during immobilized artificial membrane chromatographyC Pidgeon
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Layfayette, IN 47907, USA
J Chromatogr A 721:213-30. 1996..Two protein mixtures containing bovine pancreatic PLA2 were used in this study...
- Role of cytochrome P450 in phospholipase A2- and arachidonic acid-mediated cytotoxicityAndres A Caro
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Box 1603, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 40:364-75. 2006Phospholipases A2 (PLA2) comprise a set of extracellular and intracellular enzymes that catalyze the hydrolysis of the sn-2 fatty acyl bond of phospholipids to yield fatty acids and lysophospholipids...
- Effect of crotapotin and heparin on the rat paw oedema induced by different secretory phospholipases A2E C Landucci
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 38:199-208. 2000..The ability of crotapotin to affect the enzymatic activity of the sPLA2(s) have also been evaluated. Secretory PLA2(s) obtained from both snake (Naja naja, Naja mocambique mocambique, Crotalus adamanteus and Crotalus durissus ..
- Purification, characterization and bactericidal activities of basic phospholipase A2 from the venom of Agkistrodon halys (Chinese pallas)R Perumal Samy
Venom and Toxin Research Programme, Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
Biochimie 90:1372-88. 2008Agkistrodon snake venoms contain a variety of phospholipases (PLA2), some of which are myotoxic. In this study, we used reverse-phase HPLC to purify PLA2 from the venom of Agkistrodon halys...
- Phospholipase A2 is present in meconium and inhibits the activity of pulmonary surfactant: an in vitro studyA J Schrama
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 90:412-6. 2001..g. fatty acids, inhibit surfactant activity. However, the role of the enzyme phospholipase A2 (PLA2), which hydrolyses surfactant in adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), has not yet been studied...
- Role of various phospholipases A2 and inhibitors in the pathogenesis and prevention of pancreatic acinar cell necrosis: studies with isolated rat pancreatic aciniJ MOssner
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Leipzig, Germany
Int J Pancreatol 27:29-38. 2000Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) may play a central role in the pathogenesis of pancreatic acinar cell necrosis...
- Purification, characterization, and molecular cloning of group I phospholipases A2 from the gills of the red sea bream, Pagrus majorN Iijima
Faculty of Applied Biological Science, Hiroshima University, Higashihiroshima, Japan
Lipids 35:1359-70. 2000Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activity was investigated in various tissues of male and female red sea bream...
- Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 contributes to the insulinotropic action of cholecystokinin-8 in rat islets: dissociation from the mechanism of carbacholE Simonsson
Department of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 47:1436-43. 1998Insulin secretion induced by cholecystokinin-8 (CCK-8) was recently suggested to involve phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activation...
- Inhibition of phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activity by nifedipine and nisoldipine is independent of their calcium-channel-blocking activityJ Chang
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Wyeth Laboratories, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101
Inflammation 11:353-64. 1987The effects of several calcium antagonists on phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activity were examined...
- CDP-choline significantly restores phosphatidylcholine levels by differentially affecting phospholipase A2 and CTP: phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase after strokeRao Muralikrishna Adibhatla
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 3232, USA
J Biol Chem 281:6718-25. 2006..PtdCho is hydrolyzed by phospholipase A2 (PLA2), PtdChospecific phospholipase C (PtdCho-PLC), and phospholipase D (PLD)...
- Cyclic stretch-induced cPLA2 mediates ERK 1/2 signaling in rabbit proximal tubule cellsLarry D Alexander
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4982, USA
Kidney Int 65:551-63. 2004Recent evidence from this laboratory have demonstrated a critical role of phospholipase A2 (PLA2) and arachidonic acid in angiotensin II type 2 (AT2) receptor-mediated kinase activation in renal epithelium independent of phosphoinositide- ..
- Modulation of the pharmacological effects of enzymatically-active PLA2 by BTL-2, an isolectin isolated from the Bryothamnion triquetrum red algaSimone Cb Oliveira
Biochemistry Department, Biology Institute, UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Biochem 9:16. 2008An interaction between lectins from marine algae and PLA2 from rattlesnake was suggested some years ago...
- Thiol-oxidizing agent diamide and acidic pH enhance lipid peroxidation of rat heart mitochondria and cardiolipin-cytochrome c complexH Iwase
Department of Forensic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
IUBMB Life 51:39-43. 2001In this study, we investigated lipid peroxidation in rat heart mitochondria hydrolyzed by phospholipase A2 (PLA2) and lipid peroxidation in a mitochondrial-mimetic lipid peroxidation system, where phospholipids such as cardiolipin (CL) ..
- Cross-talk between cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha (cPLA2 alpha) and secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) in hydrogen peroxide-induced arachidonic acid release in murine mesangial cells: sPLA2 regulates cPLA2 alpha activity that is responsible for arachidoWon K Han
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24153-63. 2003Oxidant stress and phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activation have been implicated in numerous proinflammatory responses of the mesangial cell (MC)...
- Porcine pancreatic phospholipase A2 stimulates secretin release from secretin-producing cellsT M Chang
Konar Center for Digestive and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 274:10758-64. 1999..with secretin-releasing activity that had N-terminal sequence homology with canine pancreatic phospholipase A2 (PLA2)...
- Phospholipase A2 in cnidariaTimo J Nevalainen
Department of Pathology, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 139:731-5. 2004Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is an enzyme present in snake and other venoms and body fluids...
- Protein kinase Calpha-dependent increase in Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 in membranes and arachidonic acid liberation in zymosan-stimulated macrophage-like P388D1 cellsSatoshi Akiba
Department of Pathological Biochemistry, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, 607 8414, Kyoto, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 63:1969-77. 2002..kinase C (PKC)-dependent arachidonic acid liberation occurs with association of Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) with the membranes of macrophage-like P388D1 cells...
- The role of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 in atherosclerosis may depend on its lipoprotein carrier in plasmaConstantinos C Tellis
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:327-38. 2009..in plasma is complexed to lipoproteins; thus it is also referred to as lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2)...
- Identification of calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) beta, and not iPLA2gamma, as the mediator of arginine vasopressin-induced arachidonic acid release in A-10 smooth muscle cells. Enantioselective mechanism-based discrimination of mammalian iPLChristopher M Jenkins
Division of Bioorganic Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32807-14. 2002....
- Coupling reaction and properties of poly(ethylene glycol)-linked phospholipases A2Ismael D Bianco
CEPROCOR Agencia Córdoba Ciencia S E, Argentina
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:722-9. 2002Secretory phospholipases A2 (PLA2) from Naja naja naja (cobra snake) venom, from Bothrops neuwiedii (crotalid snake) venom (two isoforms) and from bee venom were modified with tresylated monomethoxy poly(ethylene glycol) (TMPEG)...
- BE-I-PLA2, a novel acidic phospholipase A2 from Bothrops erythromelas venom: isolation, cloning and characterization as potent anti-platelet and inductor of prostaglandin I2 release by endothelial cellsJeanne Claine de Albuquerque Modesto
Laboratorio de Bioquimica e Biofisica, Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 72:377-84. 2006..BE-I-PLA2 present a molecular weight of 13,649.57 Da as estimated by mass spectrometry...
- The roles of iPLA2, TRPM8 and TRPA1 in chemically induced cold hypersensitivityClive Gentry
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, London, UK
Mol Pain 6:4. 2010..of TRPM8 by icilin and cold, but not menthol, is dependent on the activity of a sub-type of phospholipase A2, iPLA2. Lysophospholipids (e.g. LPC) produced by PLA2 activity can also activate TRPM8...
- Effects of scalaradial, a type II phospholipase A2 inhibitor, on human neutrophil arachidonic acid mobilization and lipid mediator formationL A Marshall
Department of Inflammation and Respiratory Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 268:709-17. 1994..SLD potently inhibited human recombinant (rh) type II-14 kDa-phospholipase A2 (PLA2) (IC50 = 0.07 microM) but displayed weak inhibition of U937 cell, 85 kDa-PLA2 (IC50 = 20 microM)...
- Binding of quinacrine to acidic phospholipids and pancreatic phospholipase A2. Effects on the catalytic activity of the enzymeP Mustonen
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Medical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Biochemistry 37:12051-7. 1998Binding of quinacrine to phospholipids and porcine pancreatic phospholipase A2 (PLA2) was investigated using fluorescence resonance energy transfer, Langmuir films, assay for the enzymatic activity, and molecular modeling...
- Role of an aprotinin-sensitive protease in protein kinase Calpha-mediated activation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 by calcium ionophore (A23187) in pulmonary endotheliumSajal Chakraborti
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Kalyani, Kalyani 741235, West Bengal, India
Cell Signal 16:751-62. 2004..of the cells with arachidonyl-trifluomethylketone (AACOCF3), a cPLA2 inhibitor, but not bromoenollactone (BEL), a iPLA2 inhibitor, prevents A23187 stimulated PLA2 activity and AA release without producing an appreciable alteration of ..
- PLA2 mediated arachidonate free radicals: PLA2 inhibition and neutralization of free radicals by anti-oxidants--a new role as anti-inflammatory moleculeB L Nanda
Department of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, India
Curr Top Med Chem 7:765-77. 2007..PLA2 enzymes have been classified into calcium dependent cPLA2 and sPLA2 and calcium independent iPLA2 forms. In several inflammatory diseases sPLA2 group IIA is the most abundant isoform identified...
- Role of arachidonic acid and its metabolites in the priming of NADPH oxidase in human polymorphonuclear leukocytes by peritoneal dialysis effluentI Daniels
Medical Research Centre, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 5:683-9. 1998..solute that will activate and prime the NADPH oxidase of human neutrophils via a phospholipase A2 (PLA2)-dependent mechanism...
- Synergistic effect of type II phospholipase A2 and platelet-activating factor on Mac-1 surface expression and exocytosis of gelatinase granules in human neutrophils: evidence for the 5-lipoxygenase-dependent mechanismJ Takasaki
Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Immunol 160:5066-72. 1998..Type II phospholipase A2 (PLA2-II) also induces translocation of Mac-1 from secretory vesicles...
- Anti-masculinizing action of estradiol and cyproterone acetate: regulation of a protein fraction with phospholipase-A2 stimulatory and masculinizing activitiesC Gupta
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 37:661-7. 1990..55-63 K) from male and testosterone-exposed female mouse genital tract, which stimulates phospholipase A2 (PLA2) and induces masculine differentiation in an undifferentiated mouse genital explant, suggesting a role of this ..
- Expression of PLA2G6 in human fetal development: Implications for infantile neuroaxonal dystrophyBrenda Polster
Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, United States
Brain Res Bull 83:374-9. 2010Mutations in PLA2G6, which encodes calcium-independent phospholipase A(2) group VIA (iPLA2-VIA), underlie the autosomal recessive disorder infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy (INAD)...
- Low and high density lipoprotein--cholesterol and coronary atherothrombosisVladimir Kanjuh
Cardiovascular Pathology, University School of Medicine Postgraduate, 11000 Belgrade, Dobracina 12
Med Pregl 62:7-14. 2009..Edwards and R. Virmani), the authors described the P. Libby's data on lipoprotein-associated phospholipaseA2 (Lp-PLA2) and its two inflammatory mediators: lysophosphatidylcholine and oxidized nonesterified fatty acids...
- Fusion of neurotransmitter vesicles with target membrane is calcium independent in a cell-free systemU O Karli
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5912-5. 1990..in vitro by using chromaffin granules (CGs) and target membrane vesicles and a Ca2(+)-dependent phospholipase A2 (PLA2). Vesicle fusion is measured by a fluorescence dequenching assay with octadecyl rhodamine B used as the marker...
- Fenofibrate reduces lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2 mass and oxidative lipids in hypertriglyceridemic subjects with the metabolic syndromeRobert S Rosenson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 0636, USA
Am Heart J 155:499.e9-16. 2008Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) is a macrophage-synthesized lipase that is primarily bound to small electronegative low-density lipoproteins (LDLs)...
- Complement-induced phospholipase A2 activation in experimental membranous nephropathyA V Cybulsky
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Kidney Int 57:1052-62. 2000..By analogy, in cultured rat GEC, sublytic C5b-9 injures plasma membranes and releases arachidonic acid (AA) and eicosanoids, due to activation of phospholipase A2 (PLA2). This study addresses the mechanisms of PLA2 activation.
- Group VI phospholipases A2: homeostatic phospholipases with significant potential as targets for novel therapeuticsW P Wilkins
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 980614, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Curr Drug Targets 9:683-97. 2008b>Group VI phospholipase A2 (PLA2) is a family of acyl hydrolases that targets the sn-2 fatty acid on the glycerophospholipid (GPL) backbone...
- Phenotypic spectrum of neurodegeneration associated with mutations in the PLA2G6 gene (PLAN)M A Kurian
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Neurology 70:1623-9. 2008..This group includes patients with recently discovered mutations in the PLA2G6 gene encoding a calcium-independent phospholipase A2 enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of glycerophospholipids...
- Effects of long-term ursodeoxycholate administration on expression levels of secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 and mucin genes in gallbladders and biliary composition in patients with multiple cholesterol stonesM Kano
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Hepatology 28:302-13. 1998Group IIA phospholipase A2 (PLA2), a secretory low-molecular-weight PLA2, may play a critical role in the process of gallbladder mucosal inflammation in multiple cholesterol stones, which in turn may produce biliary pronucleating proteins ..
- Human neutrophil migration in vitro induced by secretory phospholipases A2: a role for cell surface glycosaminoglycansAlessandra Gambero
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, PO Box 6111, 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 63:65-72. 2002..Piratoxin-I, bothropstoxin-I, N. m. mocambique venom PLA2 (10-1000 microg/mL each), bothropstoxin-II (30-1000 microg/mL), porcine pancreas PLA2 (0.3-30 microg/mL), and A...
- The human platelet alloantigens, PlA1 and PlA2, are associated with a leucine33/proline33 amino acid polymorphism in membrane glycoprotein IIIa, and are distinguishable by DNA typingP J Newman
Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53233
J Clin Invest 83:1778-81. 1989The human platelet alloantigens, PlA1 and PlA2, comprise a diallelic antigen system located on a component of the platelet fibrinogen receptor, membrane glycoprotein (GP) IIIa...
- Protective effects and mechanisms of Baicalin and octreotide on renal injury of rats with severe acute pancreatitisXi Ping Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Hangzhou First People s Hospital, 261 Huansha Road, Hangzhou 310006, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5079-89. 2007..To investigate the protective effects and mechanisms of Baicalin and octreotide on renal injury of rats with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP)...
- Role of phospholipase A2 activation and calcium in CYP2E1-dependent toxicity in HepG2 cellsAndres A Caro
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 278:33866-77. 2003Previous studies suggested a role for calcium in CYP2E1-dependent toxicity. The possible role of phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activation in this toxicity was investigated...
- Analysis of the secretory phospholipase A2 that mediates prostaglandin production in mast cellsS T Reddy
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, California 90095 1570, USA
J Biol Chem 272:13591-6. 1997..Early phase PGD2 synthesis in activated mast cells also requires the activity of a secretory phospholipase A2 (PLA2)...
- The structural variations of epsilon-amino groups in phospholipase A2 enzymes from Naja naja atra and Bungarus multicinctus venomsL S Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Kaohsiung Medical College, Taiwan, ROC
J Protein Chem 16:133-7. 1997Comparative studies on Naja naja atra phospholipase A2 (NNA-PLA2), Bungarus multicinctus phospholipase A2 (BM-PLA2), and their Lys-modified derivatives were made to assess the differences in the fine structures around the conserved Lys ..
- Expression of members of the phospholipase A2 family of enzymes in human nasal mucosaJ Lindbom
Dept of Health and Environment, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Eur Respir J 18:130-8. 2001..IVA, IVB, IVC, V, VI, VII, X, acid calcium-independent (aiPLA2), and calcium-independent membrane bound PLA2, (iPLA2-2)) in the nasal mucosa of five healthy human subjects...
- Platelet glycoprotein IIIa (platelet antigen 1/platelet antigen 2) polymorphism and 1-year outcome in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseFaouzi Addad
Department of Cardiology A, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:674-8. 2010..controversy regarding the clinical impact of glycoprotein IIIa platelet antigen 1 (PlA1)/platelet antigen 2 (PlA2) polymorphism as a risk factor for myocardial infarction...
- Prostaglandin release from lumbar disc and facet joint tissueR E Willburger
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:2068-70. 1994..SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA. High levels of phospholipase A2 (PLA2) have been measured in the human disc. PLA2 releases fatty acids from lipid membranes...
- An update on inhibitors of human 14 kDa Type II s-PLA2 in developmentD M Springer
Anti infective Chemistry, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 5 Research Parkway, P O Box 5100, Wallingford, CT 06492, USA
Curr Pharm Des 7:181-98. 2001Recent progress in the development of inhibitors of human Type II s-PLA2 as potential anti-inflammatory agents is presented...
- Widespread Lewy body and tau accumulation in childhood and adult onset dystonia-parkinsonism cases with PLA2G6 mutationsCoro Paisan-Ruiz
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Neurobiol Aging 33:814-23. 2012..PKAN) and NBIA2 or infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy (INAD) due to mutations in the phospholipase A2, group VI (PLA2G6) gene...
- Phospholipase A2 in chamber angle of normal eyes and patients with primary open angle glaucoma and exfoliation glaucomaSeppo Rönkkö
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Mol Vis 13:408-17. 2007..expression of group IIA secretory PLA2 (sPLA2-IIA), group V secretory PLA2 (sPLA2-V), calcium-independent PLA2 (iPLA2), and cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2) type in the trabecular meshwork (TM) and the canal of Schlemm in normal eyes and in ..
- Association between lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 and cardiovascular disease: a systematic reviewCarolina A Garza
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:159-65. 2007To estimate the association between plasma lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) levels and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2: review and recommendation of a clinical cut point for adultsRichard B Lanman
diaDexus, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Prev Cardiol 9:138-43. 2006..epidemiologic studies have demonstrated an association between plasma lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) concentration and risk of subsequent cardiovascular events...
- PLA2G6 gene mutation in autosomal recessive early-onset parkinsonism in a Chinese cohortC H Shi
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 410008 Hunan, People s Republic of China
Neurology 77:75-81. 2011Mutations in the PLA2G6 gene at the PARK14 locus have been reported in complicated parkinsonism...
- Biochemical, pharmacological and structural characterization of two PLA2 isoforms Cdr-12 and Cdr-13 from Crotalus durissus ruruima snake venomLuis Alberto Ponce-Soto
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas, P O Box 6109, Zip Code 13083 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Protein J 26:39-49. 2007Cdr-12 and Cdr-13 isoforms of PLA2, a D49 protein, were purified from Crotalus durissus ruruima venom after one chromatographic step, reverse phase HPLC on micro-Bondapack C-18...
- Modulation of the cold-activated channel TRPM8 by lysophospholipids and polyunsaturated fatty acidsDavid A Andersson
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:3347-55. 2007..TRPM8 responses to cold and the agonist icilin were abolished by inhibitors of the calcium-independent (iPLA2) form of the enzyme, whereas responses to menthol were less sensitive to iPLA2 inhibition...
- PLA2G6 mutation underlies infantile neuroaxonal dystrophyShareef Khateeb
Morris Kahn Laboratory of Human Genetics, National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev and Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 79:942-8. 2006..fraction 0 for SNP rs139897), and an underlying mutation common to both affected families was identified in PLA2G6, the gene encoding phospholipase A2 group VI (cytosolic, calcium-independent)...
- Role of 57-72 loop in the allosteric action of bile salts on pancreatic IB phospholipase A(2): regulation of fat and cholesterol homeostasisBao Zhu Yu
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:2478-90. 2007Mono- and biphasic kinetic effects of bile salts on the pancreatic IB phospholipase A2 (PLA2) catalyzed interfacial hydrolysis are characterized...
- Ambient air pollution and lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A₂ in survivors of myocardial infarctionIrene Brüske
Institute of Epidemiology II, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Environ Health Perspect 119:921-6. 2011Increasing evidence suggests a proatherogenic role for lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A₂ (Lp-PLA2). A meta-analysis of published cohorts has shown that Lp-PLA2 is an independent predictor of coronary heart disease events and stroke...
- Establishment of an improved mouse model for infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy that shows early disease onset and bears a point mutation in Pla2g6Haruka Wada
Division of Bioregulation Research, Institute of Medical Science, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki City, Kanagawa, Japan
Am J Pathol 175:2257-63. 2009Calcium-independent group VIA phospholipase A(2) (iPLA(2)beta), encoded by PLA2G6, has been shown to be involved in various physiological and pathological processes, including immunity, cell death, and cell membrane homeostasis...
- Cerebrospinal fluid secretory Ca2+-dependent phospholipase A2 activity is increased in Alzheimer diseaseSonia Chalbot
New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York 10314 6399, USA
Clin Chem 55:2171-9. 2009The phospholipase A(2) (PLA2) family comprises multiple isoenzymes that vary in their physicochemical properties, cellular localizations, calcium sensitivities, and substrate specificities...
- Role of PLA2 polymorphism on clinical events after percutaneous coronary interventionGeorge Syros
Columbia University Medical Center Cardiology, New York 10032, USA
Acute Card Care 11:88-91. 2009We examined the relationship between the PLA2 polymorphism of the platelet GPIIIa receptor and major adverse cardiac events (MACE) after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Extracellular phospholipases in atherosclerosisSonia Athina Karabina
INSERM UMRS 937, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75634 Cedex 13, France
Biochimie 92:594-600. 2010Phospholipases A2 (PLA2) are a family of enzymes that catalyze the hydrolysis of the sn-2 ester bond of glycerophospholipids liberating lysophospholipids and free fatty acids; important second messengers involved in atherogenesis...
- iPLA2, a novel determinant in Ca2+- and phosphorylation-dependent S100A8/A9 regulated NOX2 activityVéronique Schenten
Life Sciences Research Unit, University of Luxembourg, 162A Avenue de la Faïencerie, L 1511 Luxembourg
Biochim Biophys Acta 1803:840-7. 2010..In conclusion, we have characterized a pathway leading to NOX2 activation in which iPLA(2)-regulated p38 MAPK activity is a key regulator of S100A8/A9 translocation via S100A9 phosphorylation...
- Phospholipase A2 activation as a therapeutic approach for cognitive enhancement in early-stage Alzheimer diseaseEvelin L Schaeffer
Laboratory of Neuroscience LIM 27, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Rua Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos 785, 05403 010 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:37-51. 2009..Evidence suggests that reduced activity of specific subtypes of intracellular phospholipases A2 (cPLA2 and iPLA2) is an early event in AD and may contribute to memory impairment and neuropathology in the disease.
- Study of association between genetic polymorphisms of phospholipase A2 enzymes and Alzheimer's diseaseQuirino Cordeiro
Institute of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 68:189-93. 2010..three genes encoding PLA2 enzymes group (cytosolic PLA2: BanI cPLA2 polymorphism; calcium-independent PLA2: AvrII iPLA2 polymorphism; PAFAH: Val279Phe PAFAH polymorphism) were analysed in a case-control sample using 58 patients with ..
- [Does Lp-PLA2 determination help predict atherosclerosis and cardiocerebrovascular disease?]Jadranka Sertic
Klinicki zavod za laboratorijsku dijagnostiku, Medicinski fakultet Sveucilista u Zagrebu i Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 64:237-45. 2010..the inflammatory marker high sensibility C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) is gaining increasing significance, since it is directly involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerotic plaque ..
- Inhibition of calcium-independent phospholipase A2 prevents inflammatory mediator production in pulmonary microvascular endotheliumPrerna Rastogi
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, United States
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 165:167-74. 2009..We hypothesize that these proteases activate calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2), in HMVEC-L, leading to the production of membrane phospholipids-derived inflammatory mediators...
- CYTOSOLIC PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 TRANSFORMED CELLSRaphael Nemenoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..Phospholipase A2 (PLA2), which hydrolyzes the sn-2 bond of membrane phospholipids, is the enzyme controlling arachidonic acid release...
- PHYSIOLOGIC/PATHOPHYSIOLOGIC REGULATION OF PHOSPHOLIPIDSRaphael Nemenoff; Fiscal Year: 1993..Phospholipase A2 (PLA2), which hydrolyzes the sn-2 bond of membrane phospholipids, is the enzyme controlling arachidonic acid release...
- LIPID MEDIATORS OF SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN SMOOTH MUSCLERichard Gross; Fiscal Year: 2000..Collectively, these studies constitute a multidisciplinary approach aimed at elucidating the molecular mechanisms through which calcium-independent phospholipase A2 modulates vascular contractility and responsiveness. ..
- Amyloid Induced Proinflam. Pathways /CerebrovasculatureMichael Mullan; Fiscal Year: 2003..a pro-inflammatory pathway (sPLA2-MAPK-cPLA2-AA-LOX/COX) involving activation of secretory phospholipase A2 (PLA2), mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) kinase (MEKI/2), p38 MAPK, cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2), and the release of ..
- GLYCEROLIPIDS & PROSTAGLANDIN SYNTHESIS IN EYE TISSUESATA ABDEL LATIF; Fiscal Year: 1993..The central hypothesis to be tested is that phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activation is a major source for AA release in the ICB...
- GLYCEROLIPIDS AND PROSTAGLANDIN BIOSYNTHESISATA ABDEL LATIF; Fiscal Year: 2001..The central hypothesis to be tested is that phospholipase A2 (PLA2) activation is a major source for AA release in the ICB...
- Regulation and Function of Cytosolic Phospholipases A2 in Lung CellsCHRISTINA CARROLL LESLIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..cPLA2? was identified as the PLA2 responsible for calcium-induced fatty acid release and prostaglandin E2 production in lung fibroblasts isolated ..
- Secretory Phospholipase A2s in Airway PathophysiologyTeal S Hallstrand; Fiscal Year: 2010..The phospholipase A2s (PLA2)s are a group of enzymes that catalyze the rate-limiting step of AA release from membrane phospholipids initiating ..
- Regulation of Lipid Mediators in Spinal Microglia and AstrocytesEdward A Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many of these lipids are derived from the reaction catalyzed by phospholipase A2 (PLA2)...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF 14 KDA PHOSPHOLIPASES A2Michael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2001..Site-specific spin labeling of the PLA2 from bee venom and EPR spectroscopy will be used to precisely map the surface of this enzyme that contacts the ..
- CDP-choline: Mechanisms in Cerebral IschemiaRAO ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary results show that CDP-choline affects activation of membrane and mitochondrial phospholipase A2 (PLA2) that is raM-Ca 2+ dependent (characteristic of secretory PLA2; sPLA2), supporting the hypothesis and Aim 1...
- Calcium-Independent PLA2Beta in Beta-Cell ApoptosisSasanka Ramanadham; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our hypothesis in the 1st project period (10/04-7/09) was that the group VIA Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2) participates in ER stress-induced -cell apoptosis...
- Pharmacogenetic Antiplatelet Strategies in CHD PatientsGlen Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..The GPIlb-IIIa receptor is known to be polymorphic and the presence of the PLA2 allele has been associated with an increased prevalence of ischemic syndromes, especially in younger individuals...
- Studies of Eicosanoid Biosynthetic ProteinsWonhwa Cho; Fiscal Year: 2010Arachidonic acid (AA), which is liberated from membrane phospholipids by phospholipase A2 (PLA2), is converted to oxidized lipids collectively known as eicosanoids, including prostaglandins and leukotrienes (LT), through the ..
- Regulation of Vascular Smooth Muscle ContractingMing Gong; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to test the hypothesis that AA, released by ras-mediated activation of Ca2+-independent iPLA2, contributes to the agonist-induced Ca2+-sensitization by acting at multiple sites: rho-kinase (ROK)...