Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G2F
Description: phospholipase A2, group IIF
Alias: GIIF sPLA2, group IIF secretory phospholipase A2, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase 2F, sPLA2-IIF
- HIV and SIV envelope glycoproteins induce phospholipase A2 activation in human and macaque lymphocytesE Mavoungou
Department of Immunology and Immunogenetics, International Center for Medical Research, Franceville, Gabon
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 16:1-9. 1997..However, this effect is not sufficient to accomplish fusion. These data indicate that the specific step of fusion may be downstream from PLA2 activation...
- Cloning and recombinant expression of human group IIF-secreted phospholipase A(2)E Valentin
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UPR 411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 279:223-8. 2000..Finally, recombinant expression of hGIIF sPLA(2) in Escherichia coli shows that the enzyme is Ca(2+)-dependent, maximally active at pH 7-8, and hydrolyzes phosphatidylglycerol versus phosphatidylcholine with a 15-fold preference...
- Cellular arachidonate-releasing function and inflammation-associated expression of group IIF secretory phospholipase A2Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:19145-55. 2002..These results suggest that sPLA(2)-IIF is a potent regulator of AA metabolism and participates in the inflammatory process under certain conditions...
- Distinct expression pattern of the full set of secreted phospholipases A2 in human colorectal adenocarcinomas: sPLA2-III as a biomarker candidateC M Mounier
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UNSA UMR6097, Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne, France
Br J Cancer 98:587-95. 2008..PLA2G12A were expressed at high levels, PLA2G2D, PLA2G5, PLA2G10 and PLA2G12B at moderate levels, and PLA2G1B, PLA2G2F and PLA2G3 at low levels...
- Analyses of group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice reveal potential participation of this enzyme in plasma lipoprotein modification, macrophage foam cell formation, and atherosclerosisHiroyasu Sato
Biomembrane Signaling Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:33483-97. 2008..converted to lysophosphatidylcholine by PLA2G3 as well as by PLA2G5 and PLA2G10, to a lesser extent by PLA2G2F, and only minimally by PLA2G2A and PLA2G2E...