Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G2E
Description: phospholipase A2, group IIE
Alias: GIIE sPLA2, sPLA2-IIE, group IIE secretory phospholipase A2, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase 2E
- Structures, enzymatic properties, and expression of novel human and mouse secretory phospholipase A(2)sN Suzuki
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Company, Limited, Sagisu 5 12 4, Fukushima ku, Osaka 553 0002, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:5785-93. 2000..These findings suggest a distinct functional role of novel sPLA(2)-IIE in the progression of inflammatory processes...
- Arachidonate release and eicosanoid generation by group IIE phospholipase A(2)Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 292:689-96. 2002..These observations suggest that this enzyme plays a role in the inflammatory process, as proposed for other group II subfamily sPLA(2)s...
- Genome-wide association identifies multiple ulcerative colitis susceptibility lociDermot P B McGovern
Inflammatory Bowel and Immunobiology Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Genet 42:332-7. 2010..These data implicate approximately 30 loci in ulcerative colitis, thereby providing insight into disease pathogenesis...
- Genome-wide association study of ulcerative colitis in Koreans suggests extensive overlapping of genetic susceptibility with CaucasiansSuk Kyun Yang
Department of Gastroenterology, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:954-66. 2013..We performed a genome-wide association studies to identify UC susceptibility loci in a Korean population and further comparative study...
- HIV and SIV envelope glycoproteins induce phospholipase A2 activation in human and macaque lymphocytesE Mavoungou
Department of Immunology and Immunogenetics, International Center for Medical Research, Franceville, Gabon
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 16:1-9. 1997..However, this effect is not sufficient to accomplish fusion. These data indicate that the specific step of fusion may be downstream from PLA2 activation...
- Analyses of group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice reveal potential participation of this enzyme in plasma lipoprotein modification, macrophage foam cell formation, and atherosclerosisHiroyasu Sato
Biomembrane Signaling Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Tokyo 113 8613, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:33483-97. 2008..by PLA2G3 as well as by PLA2G5 and PLA2G10, to a lesser extent by PLA2G2F, and only minimally by PLA2G2A and PLA2G2E. PLA2G3-modified LDL, like PLA2G5- or PLA2G10-treated LDL, facilitated the formation of foam cells from ..
- Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association studyMark S Silverberg
Mount Sinai Hospital Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G1X5, Canada
Nat Genet 41:216-20. 2009..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29)...