Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PLA2G2D
Description: phospholipase A2, group IID
Alias: PLA2IID, SPLASH, sPLA2-IID, sPLA2S, GIID sPLA2, group IID secretory phospholipase A2, phosphatidylcholine 2-acylhydrolase 2D, secretory phospholipase A2s, secretory-type PLA, stroma-associated homolog
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Heavy metals in bark of Pinus massoniana (Lamb.) as an indicator of atmospheric deposition near a smeltery at Qujiang, ChinaYuan Wen Kuang
South China Botanical Garden, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:270-5. 2007..The impact of the emission from smeltery on the soils beneath the trees and the relationships of the concentrations between the soils and the barks were also analyzed...
- Bactericidal properties of human and murine groups I, II, V, X, and XII secreted phospholipases A(2)Rao S Koduri
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 277:5849-57. 2002..analyzed the bactericidal activity of the full set of recombinant murine and human groups I, II, V, X, and XII sPLA2s on Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli...
- Camphor Poisoning: an evidence-based practice guideline for out-of-hospital managementAnthony S Manoguerra
American Association of Poison Control Centers, Washington, District of Columbia 20016, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 44:357-70. 2006..8) For patients with topical splash exposures of camphor to the eye(s), the eye(s) should be irrigated in accordance with usual poison center ..
- Biochemistry and physiology of mammalian secreted phospholipases A2Gerard Lambeau
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Annu Rev Biochem 77:495-520. 2008..The mammalian genome contains 10 enzymatically active secreted PLA2s (sPLA2s) and two sPLA2-related proteins devoid of lipolytic enzymatic activity...
- An envelope-determined endocytic route of viral entry allows HIV-1 to escape from secreted phospholipase A2 entry blockadeThomas Maurin
INSERM U526, Laboratoire de Virologie, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Mol Biol 367:702-14. 2007..Taken together, we conclude that HIV-1 may escape from entry inhibitors, such as sPLA2s, through the selection of a particular HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein that allows HIV to infect cells via an ..
- Secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 and their specific receptor in bile ducts of patients with intrahepatic calculi: factors of chronic proliferative cholangitisJ Shoda
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Hepatology 29:1026-36. 1999..of the pathophysiology, interest has been focused on the role of secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) as inflammatory mediators or factors modulating cell functions via their specific sPLA2-receptor, and also on the ..
- Occupational exposure to the risk of HIV infection among health care workers in Mwanza Region, United Republic of TanzaniaB Gumodoka
Bugando Medical Centre, Mwanza, United Republic of Tanzania
Bull World Health Organ 75:133-40. 1997..virus (HIV) transmission, availability of equipment, protective practices and the occurrence of prick and splash incidents in nine hospitals in the Mwanza Region in the north-west of the United Republic of Tanzania...
- Effect of crotapotin and heparin on the rat paw oedema induced by different secretory phospholipases A2E C Landucci
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 38:199-208. 2000..Rat paw oedema was induced by a single subplantar injection of the sPLA2s (5-30 microg/paw) in absence and presence of either crotapotin (10-100 microg/paw) or heparin (50 U/paw)...
- Patient characteristics, diagnosis, and treatment of non-contact lens related Acanthamoeba keratitisS Sharma
Jhaveri Microbiology Centre, LV Prasad Eye Institute, LV Prasad Marg, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 034, India
Br J Ophthalmol 84:1103-8. 2000..To review the clinical characteristics, diagnosis, and visual outcome in patients with non-contact lens related Acanthamoeba keratitis and compare the findings with reported series of contact lens associated Acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Risk for eye splash injury during administration of intraocular injections: a study of retina specialists and fellowsDan H Bourla
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 200 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Retina 27:609-12. 2007To evaluate the use of eye protection and frequency of eye splash events during intraocular injections as well as infection risk awareness among retina specialists and fellows in training.
- HIV: awareness of management of occupational exposure in health care workersN Wig
Department of Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi 110 029
Indian J Med Sci 57:192-8. 2003..The present study was conducted to know the present knowledge regarding occupational exposure to HIV amongst doctors in non-governmental hospitals and clinics across Delhi...
- Effect of umbelliferone (7-hydroxycoumarin, 7-HOC) on the enzymatic, edematogenic and necrotic activities of secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) isolated from Crotalus durissus collilineatus venomD O Toyama
Centro de Cidncias Biológicas e da Saúde, Univesidade Mackenzie, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Toxicon 53:417-26. 2009..two-dimensional electrophoresis indicated an evident difference between HPLC-purified native and 7-HOC-treated sPLA2s, which were used in pharmacological experiments to compare their biological activities...
- [Lightning injuries: case report of a 17-year-old man and a brief review of the literature]N Stutz
Abteilung für Plastische, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Zentrum für Schwerbrandverletzte, Klinikum Nürnberg Süd, Breslauerstrasse 201, 90471 Nürnberg
Unfallchirurg 109:495-8. 2006..We postulate that the mechanism by which lightning caused injury to this patient was a flash discharge (side splash)...
- Sonographic findings of superior mesenteric artery syndrome causing massive gastric dilatation in a young healthy girlF M Abu-Zidan
Department of Surgery, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Singapore Med J 51:e184-6. 2010..She was nauseated but was unable to vomit. Succussion splash was positive...
- Cross-talk between cytosolic phospholipase A2 alpha (cPLA2 alpha) and secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) in hydrogen peroxide-induced arachidonic acid release in murine mesangial cells: sPLA2 regulates cPLA2 alpha activity that is responsible for arachidoWon K Han
Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine and Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24153-63. 2003..We investigated the cross-talk between group IValpha cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2alpha) and secretory PLA2s (sPLA2s) during H2O2-induced arachidonic acid (AA) release using two types of murine MC: (i)...
- Human neutrophil migration in vitro induced by secretory phospholipases A2: a role for cell surface glycosaminoglycansAlessandra Gambero
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UNICAMP, PO Box 6111, 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 63:65-72. 2002..bothropstoxin-II, and piratoxin-I), and type III- (Apis mellifera venom) secretory phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) to induce human neutrophil chemotaxis, and the role of the cell surface proteoglycans, leukotriene B4 (LTB4), and ..
- Variations of well water radon in Virginia and MarylandD G Mose
Department of Chemistry, George Mason University, VA 22030, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 36:1647-60. 2001..Aeration experiments on well water in storage tanks indicated that about 60-70% can be removed using a splash box with an exhaust fan on the storage tank, and about 60-70% can be removed using bubble aeration...
- Use of terminal tap water filter systems for prevention of nosocomial legionellosisR P Vonberg
Division of Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control, Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hospital Epidemiology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Hosp Infect 60:159-62. 2005..Therefore, pathogen-free water should be provided for such high-risk patients. Surveillance of splash water was performed in high-risk patient care areas at Berlin Charité-University Medicine (506 samples) and ..
- Mouse group X secretory phospholipase A2 induces a potent release of arachidonic acid from spleen cells and acts as a ligand for the phospholipase A2 receptorY Morioka
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 381:31-42. 2000..release of arachidonic acid with significant production of prostaglandin E2 more efficiently than group IB and IIA sPLA2s. In addition, sPLA2-X was identified as a high-affinity ligand for both native and recombinant form of mouse PLA2 ..
- Formation of multilayered photosynthetic biofilms in an alkaline thermal spring in Yellowstone National Park, WyomingSarah M Boomer
Western Oregon University, Department of Biology, Monmouth, Oregon 97361, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:2464-75. 2009..used as a substratum to promote the development of biofilms that resembled multilayered mat communities in the splash zone at the geyser's source...
- Needlestick and other potential blood and body fluid exposures among health care workers in British Columbia, CanadaHasanat Alamgir
Statistics and Evaluation Department, Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Infect Control 36:12-21. 2008..Health care workers have high risk of exposure to human blood and body fluids (BBF) from patients in acute care and residents in nursing homes or personal homes...
- Should eye protection be worn during dermatological surgery: prospective observational studyA J Birnie
Department of Dermatology, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Dermatol 156:1258-62. 2007There is a potential risk of infection with blood-borne viruses if a doctor receives a blood splash to a mucous membrane...
- Group III secreted phospholipase A2 transgenic mice spontaneously develop inflammationHiroyasu Sato
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, 2 1 1 Ohtsuka, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 112 8610, Japan
Biochem J 421:17-27. 2009..III is an atypical sPLA2 (secretory PLA2) that is homologous with bee venom PLA2 rather than with other mammalian sPLA2s. In the present paper, we show that endogenous group III sPLA2 (PLA2G3) is expressed in mouse skin and that Tg (..
- Runoff and leaching of atrazine and alachlor on a sandy soil as affected by application in sprinkler irrigationA R Abdel Rahman
Plant Protection Department, Desert Research Center, Mataria, Cairo, Egypt
J Environ Sci Health B 34:381-96. 1999..The design of the boxes allowed a measurement of pesticide concentrations in splash water throughout the rainfall event. Initial atrazine concentrations exceeding its' solubility were observed...
- Reusable terminal tap water filters for nosocomial legionellosis preventionRalf Peter Vonberg
Institut für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Krankenhaushygiene, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Ann Hematol 84:403-5. 2005..with reusable water filters, a surveillance of splash water samples was performed. After determining the burden of Legionella spp...
- The status of occupational safety among health service providers in hospitals in TanzaniaS V Manyele
Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, College of Engineering and Technology, University ofDar es Salaam, PO Box 35131, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tanzan J Health Res 10:159-65. 2008..Needlestick injuries accounted for the largest part of the most common accidents (52.9%); followed by splash of blood from patients (21.7%); burn injury from chemicals (10.6%); and slippery floors (5.9%)...
- Blood and body fluid splashes during surgery--the need for eye protection and masksC G Davies
Department of Surgery, Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:770-2. 2007..injury, some can pay little attention to reduce the potential route of infection occurring when body fluids splash into the eye. It has been shown that transmission of HIV, hepatitis B or C can occur across any mucous membrane...
- Neuropathogenesis of herpesvirus papio 2 in mice parallels infection with Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1 (B virus) in humansKristin M Rogers
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, 250 McElroy Hall, Stillwater, OK 74078 2007, USA
J Gen Virol 87:267-76. 2006..was consistently neurovirulent when administered by epidermal scarification, intracranial inoculation and an eye splash. Quantitative real-time PCR, histopathology and immunohistochemistry were used to follow the temporal spread of ..
- Blood splash from different diathermy instruments during tonsillectomyB C Hanna
Department of ENT, Antrim Area Hospital, Antrim, Northern Ireland, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:927-31. 2006..To compare the potential risk of blood contamination of the surgeon's conjunctiva during tonsillectomy using disposable bipolar diathermy and reusable monopolar diathermy...
- Geographic variation of persistent organic pollutant levels in humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) feeding areas of the North Pacific and North AtlanticCristiane T Elfes
Washington Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, 1122 NE Boat Street, Box 355020, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:824-34. 2010..Biopsy blubber samples from male individuals (n = 67) were collected through SPLASH, a multinational research project, in eight North Pacific feeding grounds...
- Blood exposure risk during procedural dermatologyRuth D Holzmann
Department of Dermatology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:817-25. 2008..Dermatologists are at risk of body-fluid contamination during procedures...
- Methods for determining the barrier efficacy of surgical gownsE A McCullough
Institute for Environmental Research, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506
Am J Infect Control 21:368-74. 1993..of laundering and sterilizing on the barrier efficacy of reusable gowns by means of the Impact Penetration (splash) Test, the Synthetic Blood Resistance Test, the Viral Resistance Test, and the Elbow Lean (demonstration) Test...
- Effects of Marapuama in the chronic mild stress model: further indication of antidepressant propertiesAngelo L Piato
Laboratorio de Etnofarmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Avenida Sarmento Leite 500 202, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 118:300-4. 2008..Suggestive of antidepressant activity, we have established that a specific PO ethanol extract (POEE) significantly decreases immobility in the tail suspension and forced swimming tests...
- Occupational exposures to blood in a dental teaching environment: results of a ten-year surveillance studyF S Younai
Section of Oral Biology and Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, 90095 1668, USA
J Dent Educ 65:436-48. 2001..Of these, 494 (98 percent) were percutaneous, and 10 (2 percent) were mucosal, each involving a splash to the eye of the dental care worker (DCW). Among the 504 exposures, 414 (82...
- [Procedure in case of exposure of hospital's workers to HBV, HCV and HIV]Maciej Dancewicz
Katedra i Klinika Chirurgii Klatki Piersiowej i Nowotworów Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu
Przegl Epidemiol 59:671-7. 2005..blood collection or injections (34 cases), as a result of a scalpel or other surgical instrument cut (2 cases), a splash of infectious material on the skin and conjunctivae (4 cases) and in the singular cases as a result of a bite by a ..
- Do modern spectacles endanger surgeons? The Waikato Eye Protection StudySimon J Chong
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Ann Surg 245:495-501. 2007..Modern fashion spectacles, being of increasingly slim design, may no longer be adequate in this role...
- [Safety issues of chemo drug administration handling by nurses from an occupational exposure viewpoint-through visualization with contrast media for ophthalmic vasculature]Kentaro Terui
Department of Nursing, Iwamizawa Municipal General Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1931-5. 2010..The result showed spills all over in the procedures by nurses in the study: specifically splash to environment around the drug preparation area, contamination of needles which were used for drug preparations, ..
- The functions of five distinct mammalian phospholipase A2S in regulating arachidonic acid release. Type IIa and type V secretory phospholipase A2S are functionally redundant and act in concert with cytosolic phospholipase A2M Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:14411-23. 1998..of five distinct mammalian phospholipase A2 (PLA2) enzymes (cytosolic PLA2 (cPLA2; type IV), secretory PLA2s (sPLA2s; types IIA, V, and IIC), and Ca2+-independent PLA2 (iPLA2; type VI)) to arachidonic acid (AA) metabolism by ..
- Potentiation of tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced secreted phospholipase A2 (sPLA2)-IIA expression in mesangial cells by an autocrine loop involving sPLA2 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha activationSabine Beck
Center of Pharmacology, University Hospital Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:29799-812. 2003In rat mesangial cells, exogenously added secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) potentiate the expression of pro-inflammatory sPLA2-IIA first induced by cytokines like tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha) and interleukin-1 beta...
- Acetic-acid-mediated miscibility toward electrospinning homogeneous composite nanofibers of GT/PCLBei Feng
State Key Laboratory for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials and College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, Shanghai 201620, China
Biomacromolecules 13:3917-25. 2012..This consequently led to gradually deteriorated fiber morphologies (e.g., splash, fiber bonding, and varied fiber size) over time during electrospinning GT/PCL...
- Expression profile of proinflammatory genes in neutrophil-enriched granulocytes stimulated with native anti-PR3 autoantibodiesM Surmiak
Division of Molecular Biology and Clinical Genetics, Department of Medicine, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 63:249-56. 2012..some donors (IL13, PF4, IL2RG, ITGB1, CD83, PLA2G7, ALOX12, AXNA1, AXNA5, LTA4H, MCR2) yet two others (HRH3 and PLA2G2D) were up-regulated in a few samples and undetectable in others...
- Molecular and functional characterization of polymorphisms in the secreted phospholipase A2 group X gene: relevance to coronary artery diseaseSarah Gora
INSERM, UMRS937, UPMC Université Paris 06 and Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, 91, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634, Paris, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:723-33. 2009Among secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s), human group X sPLA2 (hGX sPLA2) is emerging as a novel attractive therapeutic target due to its implication in inflammatory diseases...
- Hand surgery on patients who are "high risk" for blood-borne virusesS A Al-Ani
Department of Plastic Surgery, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, UK
J Hand Surg Br 31:426-31. 2006..When possible, wounds should be closed with staples, glue or absorbable sutures. Appropriate steps must be taken to reduce the risk of injuries from sharp bone ends, K-wires and splash exposure during irrigation.
- Selective oviposition of the mayfly Baetis bicaudatusAndrea C Encalada
Department of Entomology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14850, USA
Oecologia 148:526-37. 2006..and experiments showed that females preferred to oviposit under relatively large rocks located in places with high splash associated with fast current, which may provide visual, mechanical or both cues to females...
- Potential for a hazardous geospheric response to projected future climate changesB McGuire
Aon Benfield UCL Hazard Research Centre, Department of Earth Sciences, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Philos Transact A Math Phys Eng Sci 368:2317-45. 2010..phenomena, including volcanic and seismic activity, submarine and subaerial landslides, tsunamis and landslide 'splash' waves, glacial outburst and rock-dam failure floods, debris flows and gas-hydrate destabilization...
- Recombinant production and properties of binding of the full set of mouse secreted phospholipases A2 to the mouse M-type receptorMorgane Rouault
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 6097, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
Biochemistry 46:1647-62. 2007To date, 12 secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) have been identified in the mouse species and divided into three structural collections (I/II/V/X, III, and XII)...
- Using the image analysis method for describing soil detachment by a single water drop impactMagdalena Ryżak
Institute of Agrophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Doswiadczalna 4, 20 290 Lublin, Poland
Sensors (Basel) 12:11527-43. 2012..Additionally, the following relationships were determined: (i) the distances of splash; (ii) the surface areas of splash tracks into relation to distance; (iii) the surface areas of the solid phase ..
- Occupational exposure to blood and other body fluids among health care workers at a university hospital in IranHamidreza Naderi
Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Workplace Health Saf 60:419-22. 2012Occupational exposure to sharp items or body fluid splash is a hazard for health care personnel via transmission of blood-borne viruses through such exposures...
- Product inhibition of secreted phospholipase A2 may explain lysophosphatidylcholines' unexpected therapeutic propertiesTimothy J Cunningham
Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 5:17. 2008..We demonstrate that specific lysoPCs act as uncompetitive product inhibitors of plasma secreted PLA2 enzymes (sPLA2s), especially under conditions of elevated enzyme activity, thus providing a feedback mechanism for the observed ..
- Study of audio speakers containing ferrofluidR E Rosensweig
34 Gloucester Road, Summit, NJ 07901, USA
J Phys Condens Matter 20:204147. 2008..In addition, a study is made of factors influencing splash loss of the ferrofluid due to shock...
- Salmonella transmission through splash exposure during a bovine necropsyDavid A Bemis
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 4:387-90. 2007..The isolates had indistinguishable phenotypic and genotypic characteristics. A splash exposure was the suspected means of transmission of the human infection...
- Occupational exposure of health workers to blood and body fluids in six hospitals of Tigray region (August 1-30, 2006): magnitude and managementAmanuel Gessessew
Department of Gynecology, Mekele Hospital, Tigray
Ethiop Med J 47:213-9. 2009..Needle stick injuries, blood and body fluids contact to non-intact skin and accidental splash to the mucus membrane are known to transmit infections...
- Splash-cup plants accelerate raindrops to disperse seedsGuillermo J Amador
School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
J R Soc Interface 10:20120880. 2013The conical flowers of splash-cup plants Chrysosplenium and Mazus catch raindrops opportunistically, exploiting the subsequent splash to disperse their seeds...
- Stabilization and modulation of the phycobilisome by calcium in the calciphilic freshwater red alga Bangia atropurpureaMakio Yokono
Molecular Photoscience Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:306-11. 2012..bangiophycean filamentous red alga Bangia atropurpurea is distributed in freshwater habitats such as littoral and splash zones of lakes or rapid currents distant from the sea...
- Characterization of a cDNA encoding Arabidopsis secretory phospholipase A2-alpha, an enzyme that generates bioactive lysophospholipids and free fatty acidsStephen B Ryu
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:144-51. 2005..Different from animal sPLA2s, AtsPLA2-alpha showed a significant preference for the acyl group linoleic acid over palmitic acid in phospholipid ..
- Secreted phospholipase A2-induced neurotoxicity and epileptic seizures after intracerebral administration: an unexplained heterogeneity as emphasized with paradoxin and crotoxinF Dorandeu
Department of Toxicology, Unit of Neuropharmacology, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, La Tronche, France
J Neurosci Res 54:848-62. 1998..The results obtained with the other enzymes showed that toxic sPLA2s can effectively be differentiated based on two criteria: the presence of cortically recorded epileptic paroxysmal ..
- Recommendations for prevention of and therapy for exposure to B virus (cercopithecine herpesvirus 1)Jeffrey I Cohen
Medical Virology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:1191-203. 2002..inoculation with infected materials; however, the first fatal case of B virus infection due to mucosal splash exposure was reported in 1998...
- Animal feasibility study of an innovated splash-needle for endoscopic submucosal dissection in the upper gastrointestinal tractMitsuhiro Fujishiro
Department of Endoscopy and Endoscopic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Endosc 25:7-12. 2013..The objective of the present study was to investigate the feasibility of an innovated splash-needle for ESD.
- Cloning and recombinant expression of a novel mouse-secreted phospholipase A2E Valentin
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, UPR 411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 274:19152-60. 1999Secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) form a class of structurally related enzymes that are involved in a variety of physiological and pathological effects including inflammation and associated diseases, cell proliferation, cell adhesion, ..
- Secretory phospholipase A2Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1158-64. 2004..b>sPLA2s are distributed in a wide variety of vertebrate and invertebrate animals, plants, bacteria, and viruses, and there ..
- Cellular arachidonate-releasing function of novel classes of secretory phospholipase A2s (groups III and XII)Makoto Murakami
Department of Health Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:10657-67. 2003..Based on the present results as well as our current analyses on the group I/II/V/X sPLA(2)s, general properties of cellular actions of a full set of mammalian sPLA(2)s in regulating AA metabolism are discussed...
- Effect of time of day and duration into shift on hazardous exposures to biological fluidsD J Macias
University of New Mexico, Department of Emergency Medicine, Albuquerque, USA
Acad Emerg Med 3:605-10. 1996..To determine whether hospital employee biological hazardous exposure rates varied with time of day or increased with time interval into shift...
- Creation of prompt and thin-sheet splashing by varying surface roughness or increasing air pressureAndrzej Latka
The James Franck Institute, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Phys Rev Lett 109:054501. 2012A liquid drop impacting a solid surface may splash either by emitting a thin liquid sheet that subsequently breaks apart or by promptly ejecting droplets from the advancing liquid-solid contact line...
- Needlesticks injuries in dentistryN Gupta
Department of Periodontics, Shree Bankey Bihari Dental College and Research Centre, India
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 9:208-12. 2011..Dentists should remember and apply many precautions to prevent the broad spectrum of sharps and splash injuries that could occur during the delivery of dental care.
- Occurrence and antibiotic resistance of multiple Salmonella serotypes recovered from water, sediment and soil on mid-Atlantic tomato farmsShirley A Micallef
Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health, School of Public Health, University of Maryland, 2234P SPH Building, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Environ Res 114:31-9. 2012..The findings point to the potential for pre-harvest contamination of tomatoes from contaminated irrigation water or from soil or water splash from irrigation ditches onto low-lying portions of tomato plants.
- Distribution and decline of human pathogenic bacteria in soil after application in irrigation water and the potential for soil-splash-mediated dispersal onto fresh produceJ M Monaghan
Fresh Produce Research Centre, Harper Adams University College, Newport, Shropshire, UK
J Appl Microbiol 112:1007-19. 2012To improve our understanding of the survival and splash-mediated transfer of zoonotic agents and faecal indicator bacteria introduced into soils used for crop cultivation via contaminated irrigation waters.
- The role of rain in dispersal of the primary inoculum of Plasmopara viticolaVittorio Rossi
Instituto di Entomologia e Patologia Vegetale, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Via Parmense 84, 29122 Piacenza, Italy
Phytopathology 102:158-65. 2012Although primary infection of grapevines by Plasmopara viticola requires splash dispersal of inoculum from soil to leaves, little is known about the role of rain in primary inoculum dispersal...
- Splash control of drop impacts with geometric targetsGabriel Juarez
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 85:026319. 2012..We propose that regular splashes are controlled by the azimuthal perturbations imposed by the target cross-sectional geometry and that irregular splashes are governed by the fastest-growing unstable Plateau-Rayleigh mode...
- Survival, dispersal, and potential soil-mediated suppression of Phytophthora ramorum in a California redwood-tanoak forestE J Fichtner
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Phytopathology 99:608-19. 2009..cycle is not well understood, this work addresses survival, chlamydospore production, pathogen suppression, and splash dispersal of the pathogen in infested forest soils...
- Safety of dermal diphoterine application: an active decontamination solution for chemical splash injuriesAlan H Hall
Toxicology Consulting and Medical Translating Services, Inc, Laramie, Wyoming 82072, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 28:149-56. 2009..Diphoterine can be used, even on damaged skin, without toxic, irritant, allergenic, or sensitizing effects...
- Splash in elective primary knee and hip replacement: are we adequately protected?V K Singh
Luton and Dunstable Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, Lewsey Road, Luton LU40DZ, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:1074-7. 2009An intra-operative splash is a common occurrence in elective knee and hip replacement surgery and can potentially transmit bloodborne diseases, with devastating consequences...
- Effects of 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine lesion of the dorsal raphe nucleus on the antidepressant-like action of tramadol in the unpredictable chronic mild stress in miceIpek Yalcin
INSERM U 930 FRE CNRS 2448, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Universite Francois Rabelais, Parc Grandmont, 37200 Tours, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:497-507. 2008....
- Technical feasibility of endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasms with a splash-needleMitsuhiro Fujishiro
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:592-7. 2008..This novel knife is known as the "splash-needle," and it is thin, short needle with a water-irrigation function...
- Echolocation by two foraging harbour porpoises (Phocoena phocoena)Ursula K Verfurr
Fjord and Baelt, Margrethes Plads 1, DK 5300 Kerteminde, Denmark
J Exp Biol 212:823-34. 2009..One animal repeated the tasks blindfolded. A splash generated by the fish being thrown into the pool or - in controls - by a boat hook indicated prey and stimulated ..
- SPLASH: structural pattern localization analysis by sequential histogramsA Califano
IBM TJ Watson Research Center, PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
Bioinformatics 16:341-57. 2000..Similar arguments may be applied to conserved DNA patterns. Available sparse pattern discovery algorithms are either inefficient or impose limitations on the type of patterns that can be discovered...
- Precursors to splashing of liquid droplets on a solid surfaceShreyas Mandre
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Phys Rev Lett 102:134502. 2009A high velocity impact between a liquid droplet and a solid surface produces a splash. Classical work traced the origin of the splash to a thin sheet of fluid ejected near the impact point...
- Basic residues of human group IIA phospholipase A2 are important for binding to factor Xa and prothrombinase inhibition comparison with other mammalian secreted phospholipases A2C M Mounier
Unite des Venins, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Eur J Biochem 267:4960-9. 2000..Other basic, but not neutral or acidic, mammalian secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) exert a phospholipid-independent inhibitory effect on prothrombinase activity, suggesting that these basic sPLA2s ..
- Imported Salmonella Enteritidis cases: a multiphage outbreak among Austrian vacationers in Turkey, 2008Sabine S Kasper
Agentur für Gesundheit und Ernährungssicherheit AGES, Wien, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 121:144-8. 2009..of Salmonella Enteritidis infection among high school graduates was associated with the 2008 three-week Summer Splash event in Turkey...
- Analysis of gene expression microarrays for phenotype classificationA Califano
IBM Computational Biology Center, T J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
Proc Int Conf Intell Syst Mol Biol 8:75-85. 2000..the probability of discovering discriminative gene expression patterns, and a pattern discovery algorithm called SPLASH. The latter discovers efficiently and deterministically all statistically significant gene expression patterns in ..
- Systematic and fully automated identification of protein sequence patternsR K Hart
IBM Computational Biology Center, T J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA
J Comput Biol 7:585-600. 2000..The procedure is based on the Splash deterministic pattern discovery algorithm and on a framework to assess the statistical significance of patterns...
- Survival of enterococci and staphylococci on hospital fabrics and plasticA N Neely
Shriners Hospitals for Children, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3095, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:724-6. 2000..polyester blend (scrub suits and lab coats), 100% polyester (privacy drapes), and 100% polypropylene plastic (splash aprons)...
- Extracellular phospholipases in atherosclerosisSonia Athina Karabina
INSERM UMRS 937, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 6, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75634 Cedex 13, France
Biochimie 92:594-600. 2010..In contrast to other sPLA2s, including group IB, IIA and V, PLA2GX can efficiently hydrolyze PAF present in lipoproteins or vesicles ..
- Effect of the synthetic coumarin, ethyl 2-oxo-2H-chromene-3-carboxylate, on activity of Crotalus durissus ruruima sPLA2 as well as on edema and platelet aggregation induced by this factorF V Fonseca
Biochemistry Department, Institute of Biology, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Toxicon 55:1527-30. 2010..EOCC strongly decreased the V(max) and K(m), and it virtually abolished the enzyme activity of sPLA2r as well as sPLA2s from other sources...
- Genomic structure and evolution of a novel gene (PLA2L) with duplicated phospholipase A2-like domainsP E Kowalski
Terry Fox Laboratory, B C Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Genomics 39:38-46. 1997..This intron/exon structure is very similar to that of known sPLA2s despite the fact that the PLA2L gene is highly diverged and has a novel duplicated structure...
- Mucocutaneous exposure to body fluids during digestive endoscopy: the need for universal precautionsK M Mohandas
Division of Digestive Diseases and Clinical Nutrition, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Indian J Gastroenterol 18:109-11. 1999..Endoscopy personnel are at high risk of exposure to infectious body fluids during endoscopy. There are no studies documenting the frequency of such exposure...
- Occupational exposure to blood and other bodily fluids at a military hospital in IraqClinton K Murray
Infectious Disease Service, San Antonio Military Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234, USA
J Trauma 66:S62-8. 2009....
- Is repetitive intraoperative splash basin use a source of bacterial contamination in total joint replacement?Sergio A Glait
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York, USA
Orthopedics 34:e546-9. 2011b>Splash basins are used in arthroplasty cases to wash instruments. Several studies in the literature have shown these basins being a potential source of bacterial infection...
- Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola: from 'has bean' to supermodelDawn L Arnold
Centre for Research in Plant Science, University of the West of England, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
Mol Plant Pathol 12:617-27. 2011..Infected seeds may be symptomless, or have wrinkled or buttery-yellow patches on the seed coat. Seedling infection is recognized by general chlorosis, stunting and distortion of growth...
- Purification of tetracysteine-tagged proteins by affinity chromatography using a non-fluorescent, photochemically stable bisarsenical affinity ligandLai Qiang Ying
Life Technologies, 29851 Willow Creek Road, Eugene, OR 97402, United States
Bioconjug Chem 22:987-92. 2011..tagged proteins has been achieved using a nonfluorescent, photochemically stable bisarsenical affinity ligand SplAsH. The photochemical stability of the SplAsH-biotin, shown in compound 5, is superior to FlAsH-EDT(2) and ReAsH-EDT(..
- Secretory phospholipases A2 induce beta-glucuronidase release and IL-6 production from human lung macrophagesM Triggiani
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Immunol 164:4908-15. 2000Secretory phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) are a group of extracellular enzymes that release fatty acids at the sn-2 position of phospholipids...
- Nonhygienic behavior, knowledge, and attitudes among interactive splash park visitorsRandall J Nett
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services, Helena, MT 59620, USA
J Environ Health 73:8-14. 2010Nonhygienic behavior likely contributed to three recreational waterborne illness (RWI) outbreaks at Idaho splash parks...
- Both group IB and group IIA secreted phospholipases A2 are natural ligands of the mouse 180-kDa M-type receptorL Cupillard
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UPR 411, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 274:7043-51. 1999Snake venom and mammalian secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) have been associated with toxic (neurotoxicity, myotoxicity, etc.), pathological (inflammation, cancer, etc.), and physiological (proliferation, contraction, secretion, etc...
- Association between repeated unpredictable chronic mild stress (UCMS) procedures with a high fat diet: a model of fluoxetine resistance in miceElsa Isingrini
UMRS Unité mixte de recherche INSERM U930 Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale, CNRS Centre national de la recherche scientifique ERL Equipes de recherche labélisées 3106, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
PLoS ONE 5:e10404. 2010..were assessed using physical (coat state and body weight) and behavioural tests (the reward maze test and the splash test)...
- Phospholipolyzed LDL induces an inflammatory response in endothelial cells through endoplasmic reticulum stress signalingSarah Gora
INSERM UMRS 937, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Paris 6, Paris, France
FASEB J 24:3284-97. 2010Secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) are present in atherosclerotic plaques and are now considered novel attractive therapeutic targets and potential biomarkers as they contribute to the development of atherosclerosis through lipoprotein-..
- Impact of a viscous liquid dropRobert D Schroll
Physics Department and the James Franck Institute, The University of Chicago, 929 East 57th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Phys Rev Lett 104:034504. 2010..As in experiments, when ambient air effects are negligible, impact flattens the falling drop without producing a splash. The no-slip boundary condition at the wall produces a boundary layer inside the liquid...
- The human 180-kDa receptor for secretory phospholipases A2. Molecular cloning, identification of a secreted soluble form, expression, and chromosomal localizationP Ancian
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne, France
J Biol Chem 270:8963-70. 1995..Some of these effects are apparently linked to the existence of specific receptors for both venom and mammalian sPLA2s. We report here the molecular cloning and expression of one of these sPLA2 receptors from human kidney...
- ARCS-Motif: discovering correlated motifs from unaligned biological sequencesShijie Zhang
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Bioinformatics 25:183-9. 2009..The paper showed that the ARCS measure is superior to other measures. Due to the complicated nature of the ARCS motif model, we cannot directly apply existing sequential motif discovery methods to find motifs with high ARCS values...
- [Clinical application of pulsed laser-induced liquid jet: preliminary report in glioma surgery]Atsuhiro Nakagawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai shi, Miyagi 980 8574, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 36:1005-10. 2008..To overcome these issues, we have developed pulsed holmium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser-induced liquid jet (LILJ) for microsugical use and applied it in glioma surgery...
- Antidepressant-like effect of tramadol in the unpredictable chronic mild stress procedure: possible involvement of the noradrenergic systemIpek Yalcin
EA 3248 Psychobiology of Emotions, Faculty of Science and Technics, Parc Grandmont, University François Rabelais Tours, France
Behav Pharmacol 18:623-31. 2007..Unpredictable chronic mild stress induced a degradation of coat state and decreased grooming behaviour in the splash test, which was reversed by the chronic administration of tramadol (20 mg/kg) and desipramine (10 mg/kg)...
- Odor measurements for manure spreading using a subsurface deposition applicatorAnthony Lau
Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Environ Sci Health B 38:233-40. 2003..manure application using two different types of applicators, a sub-surface deposition system and a conventional splash-plate applicator...
- Facial and body blood contamination in major gynecologic surgeriesJai B Sharma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 29:402-5. 2003..To determine the incidence of facial and body blood contamination in various major gynecologic surgeries...
- Secretory Phospholipase A2s in Airway PathophysiologyTeal S Hallstrand; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Secretory Phospholipase A2s in Airway Pathophysiology. Dysregulated eicosanoid synthesis plays a central role in the immunobiology of asthma...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF 14 KDA PHOSPHOLIPASES A2Michael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mammalian cells contain two types of PLA2s that are involved in arachidonic acid production. The secreted PLA2s (sPLA2s) are 14-18 kDa, calcium-dependent enzymes that are secreted from a large number of mammalian cells following ..
- Biochemical Studies of 14-kDa Phospholipases A2Michael Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2007..The mammalian genome encodes 10 secreted phospholipases Aa (sPLA2s), and the role of these enzymes in mediating arachidonic acid release is under active investigation...
- PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 AND VASCULAR WALL REMODELINGGADIPARTHI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..identified to date, evidence indicates for an involvement of both cytosolic and secretary type PLA2s (cPLA2 and sPLA2s) in inflammation...
- Regulation and Function of Cytosolic Phospholipase A2Michael H Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also study the role of cPLA2s and secreted phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) in lipid mediator production from human platelets stimulated with a variety of agonists...
- SPLA2 AND SURFACTANT IN ASTHMADavid Bass; Fiscal Year: 2003..Little is known about the pulmonary distribution or functions of these potentially toxic sPLA2S. The central hypothesis of the proposal is that the five isotypes of sPLA2 will have distinct cellular ..
- Role of Vimentin, sPLA2 and LysoPC in Autoimmune DiseaseSUZANNE BARBOUR; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, we will further characterize the interactions between vimentin and the sPLA2s, in particular the group V enzyme that readily hydrolyzes the zwitterionic phospholipids in the outer leaflet of ..
- MECHANISMS OF AIRWAY HYPERRESPONSIVENESSAlan Leff; Fiscal Year: 2005..The final (third) aim of this proposal will examine the molecular mechanism of binding of sPLA2s to the plasma membrane...
- Pilot--Secreted phospholipase A2 participate in neuronalMARK DECOSTER; Fiscal Year: 2002This project will define the significance of secretory phospholipases A2 (sPLA2s) in neuronal signaling and injury...
- 5-LIPOXYGENASE PRODUCTS IN ASTHMATIC IMMUNE RESPONSEWilliam Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aims of this study are as follows: Specific Aim 1. Determine the Role of sPLA2s vs...
- Reconstruction and Modeling of Networks Involved in Cardiomyocyte DifferentiationJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Notch Signaling and Left-Right Asymmetry DeterminationJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study of the early stages of L-R determination and the identification of new genes involved in various vertebrate model organisms would undoubtedly shed new light on the genetic factors contributing to laterality defects in humans. ..
- SURVIVAL AND DEATH OF NEURONSTIMOTHY CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 1999..The neurotoxicity of NMDA and non NMDA glutamate receptor agonists will be investigated and the effects of the 200kD factor on this toxicity (and associated changes in intracellular calcium) will be determined. ..
- NOTCH SIGNALING AND VERTEBRATE LIMB DEVELOPMENTJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SURVIVAL AND DEATH OF NEURONSTIMOTHY CUNNINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is expected that these experiments will provide further insights into mechanisms and potential therapies for neuron degeneration after CNS injury and in nervous system diseases. ..
- Interaction of BMP, WNT and SHH in the Vertebrate LimbJuan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte; Fiscal Year: 2005....