Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PKN1
Description: protein kinase N1
Alias: DBK, PAK-1, PAK1, PKN, PKN-ALPHA, PRK1, PRKCL1, protease-activated kinase 1, protein kinase C-like 1, protein kinase C-like PKN, protein kinase C-related kinase 1, protein kinase PKN-alpha, protein-kinase C-related kinase 1, serine-threonine kinase N, serine-threonine protein kinase N, serine/threonine protein kinase N, serine/threonine-protein kinase N1
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Negative regulation of constitutive NF-kappaB and JNK signaling by PKN1-mediated phosphorylation of TRAF1Tomohisa Kato
Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, 1 1 Rokkodai cho, Nada Ku, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 13:509-20. 2008..Here, we demonstrate that the serine/threonine kinase PKN1 plays a critical role in regulating constitutive IKK/JNK activity in unstimulated cells and report on the molecular ..
- Identification of an interaction between the TPalpha and TPbeta isoforms of the human thromboxane A2 receptor with protein kinase C-related kinase (PRK) 1: implications for prostate cancerElizebeth C Turner
School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Sciences, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Biol Chem 286:15440-57. 2011..involving common and unique sequences within their respective C-terminal (C)-tail domains and the kinase domain of PRK1 (PRK1(640-942))...
- Proteolytic activation of PKN by caspase-3 or related protease during apoptosisM Takahashi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:11566-71. 1998b>PKN, a fatty acid- and Rho-activated serine/threonine kinase having a catalytic domain highly homologous to protein kinase C (PKC), was cleaved at specific sites in apoptotic Jurkat and U937 cells on Fas ligation and treatment with ..
- The structural basis of Rho effector recognition revealed by the crystal structure of human RhoA complexed with the effector domain of PKN/PRK1R Maesaki
Division of Structural Biology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
Mol Cell 4:793-803. 1999..Here we report the 2.2 A crystal structure of RhoA bound to an effector domain of protein kinase PKN/PRK1. The structure reveals the antiparallel coiled-coil finger (ACC finger) fold of the effector domain that binds to ..
- PRK1 is targeted to endosomes by the small GTPase, RhoBH Mellor
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:4811-4. 1998..We show here that the recently isolated serine/threonine kinase PRK1 is targeted to the endosomal compartment by RhoB...
- Multiple interactions of PRK1 with RhoA. Functional assignment of the Hr1 repeat motifP Flynn
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:2698-705. 1998b>PRK1 (PKN) is a serine/threonine kinase that has been shown to be activated by RhoA (Amano, M., Mukai, H., Ono, Y., Chihara, K., Matsui, T., Hamajima, Y., Okawa, K., Iwamatsu, A., and Kaibuchi, K. (1996) Science 271, 648-650)...
- Interaction of PKN with alpha-actininH Mukai
Radioisotope Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:4740-6. 1997b>PKN is a fatty acid- and Rho-activated serine/threonine protein kinase, having a catalytic domain homologous to protein kinase C family...
- Regulation of a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase, MLTK by PKNMikiko Takahashi
Biosignal Research Center and Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biochem 133:181-7. 2003..These results suggest that PKNalpha functions as not only an upstream activator of MLTKalpha but also a putative scaffold protein for the p38gamma MAPK signaling pathway...
- Phosphorylation of histone H3 at threonine 11 establishes a novel chromatin mark for transcriptional regulationEric Metzger
Universitäts Frauenklinik und Zentrale Klinische Forschung, Klinikum der Universität Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 66, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 10:53-60. 2008..Here we show that protein-kinase-C-related kinase 1 (PRK1) phosphorylates histone H3 at threonine 11 (H3T11) upon ligand-dependent recruitment to androgen receptor target ..
- PKN associates and phosphorylates the head-rod domain of neurofilament proteinH Mukai
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Kobe University, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:9816-22. 1996b>PKN is a fatty acid-activated serine/threonine kinase that has a catalytic domain highly homologous to that of protein kinase C in the carboxyl terminus and a unique regulatory region in the amino terminus...
- Up-regulation of myometrial RHO effector proteins (PKN1 and DIAPH1) and CPI-17 (PPP1R14A) phosphorylation in human pregnancy is associated with increased GTP-RHOA in spontaneous preterm laborJ Lartey
Clinical Sciences at South Bristol, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, Dorothy Hodgkin Building, University of Bristol, Bristol BS1 3NY, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 76:971-82. 2007..The RHO effector protein kinase N (PKN1) also increases calcium sensitization by phosphorylating the protein kinase C (PRKCB)-dependent protein CPI-17 (..
- Cloning and expression patterns of two members of a novel protein-kinase-C-related kinase familyR H Palmer
Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, England
Eur J Biochem 227:344-51. 1995..These protein-kinase-C-related kinases, PRK1 and PRK2, display extensive identity to each other, revealing non-kinase domain similar regions. HR1 and HR2...
- Phosphorylation of protein kinase N by phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 mediates insulin signals to the actin cytoskeletonL Q Dong
Department of Pharmacology and Biochemistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:5089-94. 2000..3-kinase downstream effector phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) interacted with protein kinase N (PKN), a Rho-binding Ser/Thr protein kinase potentially implicated in a variety of cellular events, including ..
- Molecular dissection of the interaction between the small G proteins Rac1 and RhoA and protein kinase C-related kinase 1 (PRK1)Darerca Owen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:50578-87. 2003b>PRK1 is a serine/threonine kinase that belongs to the protein kinase C superfamily. It can be activated either by members of the Rho family of small G proteins, by proteolysis, or by interaction with lipids...
- A novel inducible transactivation domain in the androgen receptor: implications for PRK in prostate cancerEric Metzger
Universitäts Frauenklinik und Zentrum für Klinische Forschung, Klinikum der Universität Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 66, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
EMBO J 22:270-80. 2003..Here, we unravel a novel signal transduction pathway that links the RhoA effector protein kinase C-related kinase PRK1 to the transcriptional activation of the androgen receptor (AR)...
- A 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) docking site is required for the phosphorylation of protein kinase Czeta (PKCzeta ) and PKC-related kinase 2 by PDK1A Balendran
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Division of Signal Transduction Therapy, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:20806-13. 2000..In the present study we demonstrate that the hydrophobic motifs of PKCzeta and PKCiota, as well as PRK1 and PRK2, interact with the kinase domain of PDK1...
- Further evidence that 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1) is required for the stability and phosphorylation of protein kinase C (PKC) isoformsA Balendran
MRC Protein Phosphorylation, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, DD1 5EH, Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 484:217-23. 2000..levels of endogenously expressed PKCalpha, PKCbetaI, PKCgamma, PKCdelta, PKCepsilon, and PKC-related kinase-1 (PRK1) are vastly reduced compared to control ES cells (PDK1+/+ cells)...
- Domain-specific phosphorylation of vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein by PKNK Matsuzawa
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 234:621-5. 1997b>PKN is a serine/threonine protein kinase with a catalytic domain homologous to the protein kinase C family and unique N-terminal leucine zipper-like sequences...
- Protein kinase PKN1 associates with TRAF2 and is involved in TRAF2-NF-kappaB signaling pathwayYusuke Gotoh
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, 657 8501, Kobe, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:688-94. 2004b>PKN1 is a fatty acid and Rho-activated serine/threonine protein kinase whose catalytic domain is highly homologous to protein kinase C (PKC) family...
- PKNbeta interacts with the SH3 domains of Graf and a novel Graf related protein, Graf2, which are GTPase activating proteins for Rho familyH Shibata
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
J Biochem 130:23-31. 2001..The catalytically active form of PKNbeta phosphorylated Graf and Graf2 in vitro. The interplay of PKNbeta and the GTPase-activating proteins, Graf and Graf2, may offer a novel mechanism regulating the Rho-mediated signaling...
- Postmortem photonic imaging of lux-modified Salmonella Typhimurium within the gastrointestinal tract of swine after oral inoculation in vivoK Moulton
Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
J Anim Sci 87:2239-44. 2009..1 or 4.1 x 10(10) cfu of Salmonella Typhimurium transformed with plasmid pAK1-lux for a 6-h (n = 6) or 12-h (n = 6) incubation in vivo and then were killed for tissue harvest...
- A role for the retinoblastoma protein as a regulator of mouse osteoblast cell adhesion: implications for osteogenesis and osteosarcoma formationBernadette Sosa-García
Biochemistry Department, Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico
PLoS ONE 5:e13954. 2010..the function of merlin, a well-known regulator of adherens junction assembly, by repressing Rac1 and its effector Pak1. Using qRT-PCR, immunoblots, co-immunoprecipitation assays, and immunofluorescent labeling, we observed that pRb ..
- Differential signalling by muscarinic receptors in smooth muscle: m2-mediated inactivation of myosin light chain kinase via Gi3, Cdc42/Rac1 and p21-activated kinase 1 pathway, and m3-mediated MLC20 (20 kDa regulatory light chain of myosin II) phosphorylatKarnam S Murthy
Departments of Physiology and Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem J 374:145-55. 2003..phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Cdc42/Rac1 (where Cdc stands for cell division cycle) and p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), resulting in phosphorylation and inactivation of myosin light chain kinase (MLCK)...
- Comparison of azaperone-detomidine-butorphanol-ketamine and azaperone-tiletamine-zolazepam for anaesthesia in pigletsMari L Heinonen
Department of Production Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:151-7. 2009To investigate a combination of azaperone, detomidine, butorphanol and ketamine (DBK) in pigs and to compare it with the combination of azaperone, tiletamine and zolazepam (TZ).
- The small GTP-binding protein rho activates c-Jun N-terminal kinases/stress-activated protein kinases in human kidney 293T cells. Evidence for a Pak-independent signaling pathwayH Teramoto
Laboratory of Cellular Development and Oncology, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25731-4. 1996..Furthermore, because Rac1 and Cdc42 but not Rho bind and activate a kinase known as Pak1, it has been suggested that Pak1 is the most upstream component of the pathway linking these GTPases to JNK...
- CAPE (caffeic acid phenethyl ester)-based propolis extract (Bio 30) suppresses the growth of human neurofibromatosis (NF) tumor xenografts in miceM Demestre
UKE Universitaets Klinikum Eppendorf, Hamburg 20246, Germany
Phytother Res 23:226-30. 2009..type 2 (NF2) is caused primarily by dysfunction of the NF2 gene product called merlin that inhibits directly PAK1, an oncogenic Rac/CDC42-dependent Ser/Thr kinase...
- Regulation of the actin cytoskeleton organization in yeast by a novel serine/threonine kinase Prk1pG Zeng
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117609
J Cell Biol 144:71-82. 1999..The suppression of pan1-4 by prk1 requires the presence of mutant Pan1p...
- Association of a purine-analogue-sensitive protein kinase activity with p75 nerve growth factor receptorsC Volonte
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032
Mol Biol Cell 4:71-8. 1993..The analogue 6-thioguanine (6-TG) has been shown to inhibit with high specificity protein kinase N (PKN), a serine/threonine protein kinase activated by NGF in several cellular systems...
- PAK1, a gene that can regulate p53 activity in yeastS Thiagalingam
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6062-6. 1995..The defect was partially corrected by overexpression of a yeast gene named PAK1 (p53 activating kinase), which localizes to the left arm of chromosome IX...
- Pharmacological and functional characterization of the guinea-pig B2 bradykinin receptor stably expressed in CHO-K1 cell lineC Robert
Groupe de Pharmacologie des Récepteurs, Centre de Recherche, Laboratoires Fournier, 50 Rue de Dijon, 21121 Daix, France
Br J Pharmacol 135:462-8. 2002..21+/-0.05 nM while the two specific kinin B(1) ligands, des-Arg(9)-bradykinin (DBK) and des-Arg(9)-Leu(8)-bradykinin (DLBK) were unable to compete with [(3)H]-BK...
- Clathrin-independent endocytosis used by the IL-2 receptor is regulated by Rac1, Pak1 and Pak2Alexandre Grassart
Institut Pasteur, Unite de Biologie des Interactions Cellulaires, CNRS URA 2582, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO Rep 9:356-62. 2008..By RNA interference, we show that Pak1 and Pak2 are both necessary for IL-2R beta uptake, in contrast to the clathrin-dependent route...
- p21-Activated kinase-1 promotes aggressive phenotype, cell proliferation, and invasion in gestational trophoblastic diseaseMichelle K Y Siu
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Am J Pathol 176:3015-22. 2010..p21-Activated kinases (PAKs) promote malignant tumor progression. Therefore, this study investigated PAK1, PAK2, and p-PAK2 Ser(20) in the pathogenesis of GTD...
- Photonic plasmid stability of transformed Salmonella typhimurium: a comparison of three unique plasmidsKeesla Moulton
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
BMC Microbiol 9:152. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine stability of transformed Salmonella Typhimurium (S. typh-lux) using three different plasmids and characterize their respective photonic properties...
- Rhotekin, a new putative target for Rho bearing homology to a serine/threonine kinase, PKN, and rhophilin in the rho-binding domainT Reid
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:13556-60. 1996..region shares approximately 30% identity with the Rho-binding domains of rhophilin and a serine/threonine kinase, PKN, two other Rho target proteins that we recently identified (Watanabe, G., Saito, Y., Madaule, P., Ishizaki, T...
- NF-kappaB- and C/EBPbeta-driven interleukin-1beta gene expression and PAK1-mediated caspase-1 activation play essential roles in interleukin-1beta release from Helicobacter pylori lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophagesChaitali Basak
Department of Chemistry, Bose Institute, 93 1 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata 700009, India
J Biol Chem 280:4279-88. 2005..Most important, we observed a role of Rac1/PAK1 signaling in activation of caspase-1, which is necessary for maturation of pro-IL-1beta. H...
- Integrin engagement differentially modulates epithelial cell motility by RhoA/ROCK and PAK1Hua Zhou
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10624-35. 2005..Cdc42 and Rac and their downstream target PAK1 were activated following adhesion to laminin-5...
- Validation of the p21-activated kinases as targets for inhibition in neurofibromatosis type 2Chunling Yi
Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis Program, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 68:7932-7. 2008..schwannoma samples derived from NF2 patients showed that in a significant fraction of the tumors, the activity of Pak1 was highly elevated...
- PAK1 primes MEK1 for phosphorylation by Raf-1 kinase during cross-cascade activation of the ERK pathwayLucy C Coles
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Oncogene 21:2236-44. 2002..Here we show that both Raf-1 and MEK1 are phosphorylated by PAK1 and that mutations at PAK1 phosphorylation sites in either protein prevent cross-cascade activation...
- [Gustometry usefulness for the evaluation of taste sense efficiency. Part I. The range of taste substances concentrations and the result of gustometry examination]Ewa Klimacka-Nawrot
Z Katedry i Zakładu Podstawowych Nauk Biomedycznych w Sosnowcu Slaskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 60:409-14. 2007..The Polish Committee of Standards (Polski Komitet Normalizacyjny--PKN) recommends the performance of sensitivity taste examinations with the use of method based on rinsing out the mouth ..
- Silencing of p21-activated kinase attenuates vimentin phosphorylation on Ser-56 and reorientation of the vimentin network during stimulation of smooth muscle cells by 5-hydroxytryptamineDale D Tang
Center for Cardiovascular Sciences, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC 8, ME 424, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Biochem J 388:773-83. 2005..Treatment of cells with small interfering RNA selectively down-regulated the expression of PAK1 (p21-activated kinase 1) without affecting the content of smooth muscle alpha-actin...
- p21-activated kinase (PAK1) is phosphorylated and activated by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1 (PDK1)C C King
Departments of Immunology and Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 275:41201-9. 2000..we show that phosphorylated 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) phosphorylates p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) in the presence of sphingosine...
- Inhibition of contraction and myosin light chain phosphorylation in guinea-pig smooth muscle by p21-activated kinase 1A Wirth
Department of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 39, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Physiol 549:489-500. 2003..Therefore, we investigated the effect of the predominant isoform in vascular smooth muscle cells, PAK1, on contraction and phosphorylation of the regulatory light chains of myosin (r-MLC) in Triton-skinned guinea-pig ..
- alpha6beta4 integrin activates Rac-dependent p21-activated kinase 1 to drive NF-kappaB-dependent resistance to apoptosis in 3D mammary aciniJulie C Friedland
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Sci 120:3700-12. 2007..We report that elevated (alpha6)beta4 integrin-dependent Rac-Pak1 signaling supports resistance to apoptosis in mammary acini by permitting stress-dependent activation of the p65 ..
- Activation of the small GTPase Rac1 by cGMP-dependent protein kinaseYali Hou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, CB2510, Augusta, GA 30912 2100, USA
Cell Signal 16:1061-9. 2004..Moreover, using in vitro kinase assays it was found that cGMP also stimulated the activity of the Rac1 effector Pak1. The activation of both Rac1 and Pak1 by 8-Br-cGMP was completely abolished by transfection of the cells with ..
- The rho guanosine 5'-triphosphatase, cell division cycle 42, is required for insulin-induced actin remodeling and glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion in the intestinal endocrine L cellGareth E Lim
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 150:5249-61. 2009..After insulin treatment, Cdc42-dependent p21-activated kinase-1 (PAK1) activation was also detected, and transfection of small-interfering RNA against Cdc42 or of dominant-negative ..
- PKN activation via transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) receptor signaling delays G2/M phase transition in vascular smooth muscle cellsChang Su
Department of Integrative Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Cell Cycle 6:739-49. 2007..have demonstrated that exposure of the VSMC line, PAC-1, to Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1), activated PKN (a RhoA-dependent kinase)...
- Kinase-deficient Pak1 mutants inhibit Ras transformation of Rat-1 fibroblastsY Tang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:4454-64. 1997..We show here that expression of a catalytically inactive mutant Pak, Pak1(R299), inhibits Ras transformation of Rat-1 fibroblasts but not of NIH 3T3 cells...
- Deleted in colorectal cancer binding netrin-1 mediates cell substrate adhesion and recruits Cdc42, Rac1, Pak1, and N-WASP into an intracellular signaling complex that promotes growth cone expansionMasoud Shekarabi
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
J Neurosci 25:3132-41. 2005..growth cone expansion requires Cdc42 (cell division cycle 42), Rac1 (Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1), Pak1 (p21-activated kinase), and N-WASP (neuronal Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein) and that the application of netrin-1 ..
- Identification and characterization of PKNbeta, a novel isoform of protein kinase PKN: expression and arachidonic acid dependency are different from those of PKNalphaK Oishi
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Faculty of Science, Kobe, 657 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 261:808-14. 1999The cDNA clone encoding a novel isoform of protein kinase PKN, termed PKNbeta, was isolated from a HeLa cDNA library...
- Kinin B1 receptor stimulation modulates leptin homeostasis. Evidence for an insulin-dependent mechanismMarcelo A Mori
Department of Biophysics, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 8:242-6. 2008..Here we demonstrate that the intravenous administration of the kinin B1 receptor agonist des-Arg9-bradykinin (DBK) in mice leads to significant increase in serum leptin levels...
- Characterization of Pak2p, a pleckstrin homology domain-containing, p21-activated protein kinase from fission yeastM A Sells
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 273:18490-8. 1998..We previously showed that fission yeast pak1+ encodes an essential protein that affects mating and cell polarity...
- Genetic deletion of Rac1 GTPase reveals its critical role in actin stress fiber formation and focal adhesion complex assemblyFukun Guo
Division of Experimental Hematology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18652-9. 2006..Although Rac1 deletion caused a significant reduction in phospho-PAK1, -AKT, and -ERK under serum stimulation, reconstitution of active PAK1, but not AKT or MEK1, was able to rescue the ..
- p21-activated kinases regulate actin remodeling in glomerular podocytesJianxin Zhu
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F951-61. 2010..Here, we investigated the role of Pak in podocyte morphology. Pak1/2 were expressed in cultured podocytes...
- Phosphorylated Pak1 level in the cytoplasm correlates with shorter survival time in patients with glioblastomaHiroshi Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:6603-9. 2007..Accumulating evidence has shown that phosphorylated p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1), a mediator of small guanosine triphosphatases, plays a role in the proliferation, survival, and invasiveness of ..
- p21-activated kinase-1 (PAK1) inhibition of the human scavenger receptor class B, type I promoter in macrophages is independent of PAK1 kinase activity, but requires the GTPase-binding domainT G Hullinger
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 276:46807-14. 2001..7. Cotransfection with either a constitutively active p21-activated protein kinase-1 (PAK1) construct (T423E) or a kinase-deficient PAK1 construct (K299R) resulted in repression of the SR-BI promoter, ..
- p21-activated kinase-1 signaling mediates cyclin D1 expression in mammary epithelial and cancer cellsSeetharaman Balasenthil
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1422-8. 2004p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) has been shown recently to induce hyperplasia in the mammary epithelium, a phenotype also manifested by overexpression of cyclin D1, a known indicator of the proliferative stage...
- Estrogen receptor-alpha phosphorylation at serine 305, nuclear p21-activated kinase 1 expression, and response to tamoxifen in postmenopausal breast cancerJosefine Bostner
Division of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 16:1624-33. 2010In vitro, p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) phosphorylates the serine 305 residue of the estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and influences the response of breast cancer cells to tamoxifen...
- p21-Activated kinase-1 and its role in integrated regulation of cardiac contractilityKatherine A Sheehan
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612 7342, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R963-73. 2007..cardiac contractility involving variations in the activity of the multifunctional enzyme, p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1), a member of a family of proteins in the small G protein-signaling pathway that is activated by Cdc42 and Rac1...
- p21-Activated kinase mediates rapid estradiol-negative feedback actions in the reproductive axisZhen Zhao
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Il 60208 3113, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7221-6. 2009..These studies tested the hypothesis that p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), a serine/threonine kinase rapidly activated by E(2) in nonneural cells, functions as a downstream node for E(2) ..
- Serine 28 phosphorylation of NRIF3 confers its co-activator function for estrogen receptor-alpha transactivationA H Talukder
Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 27:5233-42. 2008..p21-activated protein kinase 1 (Pak1) phosphorylates ERalpha at Ser305 and this modification is important in ERalpha transactivation function...
- Combined array comparative genomic hybridization and tissue microarray analysis suggest PAK1 at 11q13.5-q14 as a critical oncogene target in ovarian carcinomaPeter Schraml
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, University of Basel, Schonbeinstrasse 40, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 163:985-92. 2003..DNA copy number gains were most frequently observed for PIK3CA on 3q (66%), PAK1 on 11q (59%), KRAS2 on 12p (55%), and STK15 on 20q (55%)...
- Identification of two eukaryote-like serine/threonine kinases encoded by Chlamydia trachomatis serovar L2 and characterization of interacting partners of Pkn1Anita Verma
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Infect Immun 71:5772-84. 2003..trachomatis serovar D revealed the presence of three putative open reading frames (ORFs), CT145 (Pkn1), CT673 (Pkn5), and CT301 (PknD), encoding eukaryote-like serine/threonine kinases (Ser/Thr kinases)...
- p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) regulates cell motility in mammalian fibroblastsM A Sells
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Cell Biol 145:837-49. 1999The p21 (Cdc42/Rac) activated kinase Pak1 regulates cell morphology and polarity in most, if not all, eukaryotic cells...
- Adhesion stimulates direct PAK1/ERK2 association and leads to ERK-dependent PAK1 Thr212 phosphorylationLiisa J Sundberg-Smith
Department of Pathology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2055-64. 2005..Herein, we found that adhesion signaling also stimulates an association between PAK1 and ERK1/2...
- Merlin, the product of the Nf2 tumor suppressor gene, is an inhibitor of the p21-activated kinase, Pak1Joseph L Kissil
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell 12:841-9. 2003..We describe a novel interaction between merlin and p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1), which is dynamic and facilitated upon increased cellular confluence...
- A member of the Ste20/PAK family of protein kinases is involved in both arrest of Xenopus oocytes at G2/prophase of the first meiotic cell cycle and in prevention of apoptosisS Faure
Centre de Recherches de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, CNRS ERS 155, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
EMBO J 16:5550-61. 1997..Microinjection of a catalytically inactive mutant of X-PAK1 with a K/R substitution in the ATP binding site, also deleted of its Nter-half that contains the conserved domains ..
- Active p21-activated kinase 1 rescues MCF10A breast epithelial cells from undergoing anoikisRaymond E Menard
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neoplasia 7:638-45. 2005The protein kinase, PAK1, is overexpressed in human breast cancer and may contribute to malignancy through induction of proliferation and invasiveness...
- Regulation of phosphoglucomutase 1 phosphorylation and activity by a signaling kinaseAnupama Gururaj
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 23:8118-27. 2004..of cross-talk between cell signaling and metabolic pathways, whereby the signaling kinase p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) binds to, phosphorylates and enhances the enzymatic activity of phosphoglucomutase 1 (PGM), an important ..
- Membrane transport of WAVE2 and lamellipodia formation require Pak1 that mediates phosphorylation and recruitment of stathmin/Op18 to Pak1-WAVE2-kinesin complexKazuhide Takahashi
Molecular Cell Biology Division, Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
Cell Signal 21:695-703. 2009..We find that Pak1 constitutively binds to WAVE2 and is transported with WAVE2 to the leading edge by stimulation with hepatocyte ..
- The C-terminal kinase domain of the p34cdc2-related PITSLRE protein kinase (p110C) associates with p21-activated kinase 1 and inhibits its activity during anoikisShe Chen
Department of Biochemistry, Shanghai Medical Center, Fudan University formerly the Shanghai Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 278:20029-36. 2003..used the yeast two-hybrid system to screen a human fetal liver cDNA library and identified p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) as an interacting partner of p110C...
- PAK1 interacts with beta-catenin and is required for the regulation of the beta-catenin signalling pathway by gastrinsHong He
Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria 3084, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1943-54. 2008..also regulate beta-catenin signalling through multiple pathways which seem to converge on p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1). In this study, we have investigated the role of PAK1 in the regulation of beta-catenin signalling by gastrins...
- Trihydrophobin 1 Interacts with PAK1 and Regulates ERK/MAPK Activation and Cell MigrationChunming Cheng
Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College, and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Biol Chem 284:8786-96. 2009..that trihydrophobin 1 (TH1), originally identified as a negative regulator of A-RAF kinase, also interacted with PAK1 in cultured cells...
- The Rac1 polybasic region is required for interaction with its effector PRK1Rakhee Modha
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:1492-500. 2008Protein kinase C-related kinase 1 (PRK1 or PKN) is involved in regulation of the intermediate filaments of the actin cytoskeleton, as well as having effects on processes as diverse as mitotic timing and apoptosis...
- Klotho endows hepatoma cells with resistance to anoikis via VEGFR2/PAK1 activation in hepatocellular carcinomaLin Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e58413. 2013..Klotho overexpression elevated p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) expression and shRNA-mediated PAK1 knockdown and kinase activity inhibition with kinase dead mutant PAK1 K299R ..
- PAK1 protein expression in the auditory cortex of schizophrenia subjectsAnthony J Deo
Translational Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e59458. 2013..p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) regulates both the actin cytoskeleton and dendritic spine density, and is a downstream effector of both kalirin ..
- Uptake of advanced glycation end products by proximal tubule epithelial cells via macropinocytosisMarisa A Gallicchio
Monash University, Department of Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Rd, Prahran, Victoria 3004, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:2922-32. 2013..AGE-BSA-FITC uptake was significantly inhibited by amiloride and inhibitors of Arf6, Rac1, racGEF Tiam1, PAK1 and actin polymerisation. AGE-BSA-FITC, Arf6 and PIP2 co-localised within dorsal circular actin ruffles...
- The PAK1 autoregulatory domain is required for interaction with NIK in Helicobacter pylori-induced NF-kappaB activationManfred Neumann
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Biol Chem 387:79-86. 2006..We have characterised the direct interaction between p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) and NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) in H. pylori-infected epithelial cells...
- Rho GTPase control of protein kinase C-related protein kinase activation by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinaseP Flynn
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Protein Phosphorylation Laboratory, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:11064-70. 2000..these inputs, it is shown that activation in vitro and in vivo involves the activation loop phosphorylation of PRK1/2 by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 (PDK1)...
- Modulation of myosin light-chain phosphorylation by p21-activated kinase 1 in Escherichia coli invasion of human brain microvascular endothelial cellsRajyalakshmi S Rudrabhatla
Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Infect Immun 71:2787-97. 2003..We also show that invading E. coli downregulates the activity of p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), which is an upstream regulator of MLC kinase (MLCK)...
- Protein kinase N1, a cell inhibitor of Akt kinase, has a central role in quality control of germinal center formationTeruhito Yasui
Department of Molecular Immunology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:21022-7. 2012..We have found that protein kinase N1 (PKN1, also known as PRK1) negatively regulates Akt kinase downstream of the BCR and that this regulation is necessary for normal GC ..
- Rac inhibits thrombin-induced Rho activation: evidence of a Pak-dependent GTPase crosstalkHans Rosenfeldt
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
J Mol Signal 1:8. 2006..Surprisingly, a mutant of Rac that is unable to activate Pak1 failed to inhibit thrombin signaling to Rho...
- Hemodynamic effects in dogs after intramuscular administration of a combination of dexmedetomidine-butorphanol-tiletamine-zolazepam or dexmedetomidine-butorphanol-ketamineRebecca A Krimins
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Am J Vet Res 73:1363-70. 2012..5 μg/kg, butorphanol (0.15 mg/kg), and tiletamine-zolazepam (3 mg/kg [DBTZ]) or dexmedetomidine (15 μg/kg), butorphanol (0.3 mg/kg), and ketamine (3 mg/kg [DBK]).
- P21-activated protein kinase 1 is overexpressed in gastric cancer and induces cancer metastasisLiang Hui Li
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361004, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:1435-42. 2012P21-activated protein kinase (Pak1), a main downstream effector of small Rho GTPases, plays an important role in the regulation of cell morphogenesis, motility, mitosis and angiogenesis...
- Effective neurofibromatosis therapeutics blocking the oncogenic kinase PAK1H Maruta
NF TSC Cure Org, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Discov Ther 5:266-78. 2011..Dysfunction of this GAP leads to the abnormal activation of RAS, and eventually an oncogenic kinase called PAK1 as well. NF2 gene product is ''Merlin'' which directly inactivates PAK1...
- p21-activated kinase 1 promotes soluble mutant huntingtin self-interaction and enhances toxicityShouqing Luo
Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome MRC Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Hum Mol Genet 17:895-905. 2008..Here we report that p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) binds to htt in vivo and in vitro...
- Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction stimulates Rac1 signaling and PKN gamma kinase activation leading to cytoskeleton function and cell migration in astrocytesLilly Y W Bourguignon
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Endocrine Unit 111 N, San Francisco VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Neurochem 101:1002-17. 2007..To determine the cellular and molecular basis of these events, we focused on PKN gamma, a Rac1-activated serine/threonine kinase in astrocytes...
- Autophosphorylation-dependent degradation of Pak1, triggered by the Rho-family GTPase, ChpMonika Weisz Hubsman
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, 1 Efron St Bat Galim, Haifa 31096, Israel
Biochem J 404:487-97. 2007The Paks (p21-activated kinases) Pak1, Pak2 and Pak3 are among the most studied effectors of the Rho-family GTPases, Rac, Cdc42 (cell division cycle 42) and Chp (Cdc42 homologous protein)...
- CDK11p58 phosphorylation of PAK1 Ser174 promotes DLC2 binding and roles on cell cycle progressionXiangfei Kong
Gene Research Center, Key Laboratory of Glycoconjugate Research Ministry of Public Health, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China, 200032
J Biochem 146:417-27. 2009..Here, we identified p21 activated kinase 1 (PAK1) as a new CDK11(p58) substrate and we mapped a new phosphorylation site of Ser174 on PAK1...
- Specificity profiling of Pak kinases allows identification of novel phosphorylation sitesUlrike E E Rennefahrt
Division of Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15667-78. 2007..The six human Paks are divided into two groups based on sequence similarity. Group I Paks (Pak1 to -3) phosphorylate a number of substrates linking this group to regulation of the cytoskeleton and both ..
- Sliding p21-activated kinase 1 to nucleus impacts tamoxifen sensitivitySuresh K Rayala
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biomed Pharmacother 61:408-11. 2007..P21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), a major target of the small GTPases, growth factors and lipid signaling, regulates cell motility, hormone action, ..
- PAK1-Nck regulates cyclin D1 promoter activity in response to prolactinJing Tao
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606 3390, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1565-78. 2011..We have previously demonstrated that JAK2 directly phosphorylates PAK1 and extend these data here to demonstrate that PAK1 activates the cyclin D1 promoter in response to PRL...
- [Clinicopathological significance of expression and amplification of P21-activated kinase 1 gene in colorectal carcinoma]Zhi xun Li
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 12:185-8. 2009To investigate the clinicopathological value of the expression and amplification of P21-activated kinase 1 gene (PAK1) in colorectal carcinoma(CRC).
- An isoform-selective, small-molecule inhibitor targets the autoregulatory mechanism of p21-activated kinaseSean W Deacon
Basic Sciences Division, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Chem Biol 15:322-31. 2008..The kinase Pak1 contains an autoinhibitory domain that suppresses the catalytic activity of its kinase domain...
- p21-Activated kinase 1 coordinates aberrant cell survival and pericellular proteolysis in a three-dimensional culture model for premalignant progression of human breast cancerQuanwen Li
Department of Pharmacology and Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, 540 East Canfield Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neoplasia 10:314-29. 2008Overexpression of p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) occurs during the progression of human breast cancer. We have investigated the role of PAK1 in the premalignant progression of the MCF10 series of human breast epithelial cell lines...
- Pak1 regulates multiple c-Kit mediated Ras-MAPK gain-in-function phenotypes in Nf1+/- mast cellsANDREW S MCDANIEL
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Blood 112:4646-54. 2008..Using an intercross of Pak 1(-/-) mice with Nf1(+/-) mice, we determined that Pak1 regulates hyperactive Ras-dependent proliferation via a Pak1/..
- Differential expression and phosphorylation of Pak1 and Pak2 in ovarian cancer: effects on prognosis and cell invasionMichelle K Y Siu
Department of Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int J Cancer 127:21-31. 2010..This study investigated the clinical significance of total and phosphorylated (p) Pak1 and Pak2 as well as their functional roles in ovarian cancer...
- Protein kinase C-related kinase targets nuclear localization signals in a subset of class IIa histone deacetylasesBrooke C Harrison
Gilead Colorado, Inc, Boulder, CO, USA
FEBS Lett 584:1103-10. 2010..PRK2 and the related kinase, PRK1, phosphorylate HDAC5 at a threonine residue (Thr-292) positioned within the nuclear localization signal (NLS) of ..
- Supramolecular photochemistry in beta-cyclodextrin hosts: a TREPR, NMR, and CIDNP investigationOlesya A Krumkacheva
International Tomography Center, Institutskaya 3a, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Langmuir 26:8971-80. 2010..Dibenzyl ketone (DBK), deoxybenzoin (DOB), and benzophenone (BP) triplet states are rapidly formed after photolysis at 308 nm...
- LKB1 suppresses p21-activated kinase-1 (PAK1) by phosphorylation of Thr109 in the p21-binding domainAtsuko Deguchi
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:18283-90. 2010..The knockdown of LKB1 enhanced cell migration and PAK1 activity in human colon cancer HCT116 cells, whereas forced expression of LKB1 in Lkb1-null mouse embryonic ..
- Computational design of a PAK1 binding proteinRamesh K Jha
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
J Mol Biol 400:257-70. 2010..we redesigned the human hyperplastic discs protein to bind to the kinase domain of p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1). Six designs were experimentally characterized. Two of the designs aggregated and were not characterized further...
- P21-activated protein kinase 1 induces colorectal cancer metastasis involving ERK activation and phosphorylation of FAK at Ser-910Liang Hui Li
Department of General Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Int J Oncol 37:951-62. 2010b>Pak1 has been reported to be overexpressed in colorectal cancer, but the role of Pak1 in colorectal cancer remains unclear. In this study, Pak1 expression and activity were associated with aggressive behavior of colorectal cancer...
- SERM Regulation of PAK Pathway in Endometrial CancerRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..As described below, our recent work suggests that stimulation of p21-activated kinase (Pak1), a serine/threonine signaling kinase, plays a significant role in cell motility, invasiveness and survival, all of ..
- Role of JAK2-PAK1 interaction in prolactin-dependent signalingMaria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data demonstrate that the serine-threonine kinase PAK1 associates with and is Tyr phosphorylated by JAK2...
- Pak1 - PIN Pathway in Breast Cancer ProgressionRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..As described below, our recent work indicate that growth factor-stimulation of p21-activated kinase (Pak1), a serine/threonine kinase, plays a significant role in the cell motility, invasiveness and survival, all of which ..
- Regulation of Myosin Phosphorylation in Smooth MuscleMitsuo Ikebe; Fiscal Year: 2010..have been done on the regulatory role of Rho kinase in smooth muscle, nothing is known about the function of PKN, another RhoA down-stream kinase...
- Role of the serine-threonine kinase PAK1 in prolactin-dependent signalingMaria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary data demonstrate that the serine-threonine kinase PAK1 associates with and is Tyr phosphorylated by JAK2...
- Pak1 in Mammary Gland Development and CarcinogenesisRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..expression of Pak1 controls motility, invasiveness and anchorage-independent growth of breast cancer cells; (ii) Pak 1 signaling regulates the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and consequently its function; (iii) Pak1 ..
- NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1 GENE REGULATES MYELOPOIESISDAVID W CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently shown that p21 activated kinase 1 (Pak 1), a serine/threonine kinase, is hyperactivated in Nf1 mast cells2...
- The role of Pak1 in regulating plexiform neurofibroma formationAndrew McDaniel; Fiscal Year: 2007The objective of this application is to identify the role of p21-Activated Kinase 1 (Pak1) in molecular pathways responsible for specific cellular and biochemical phenotypes associated with plexiform neurofibroma formation resulting from ..
- Mechanisms of structural plasticity in stress-related disordersScott J Russo; Fiscal Year: 2011..are unknown, intracranial injections of the HSV-IKK mutants into the NAc resulted in gross changes in Rac1-PAK1 signaling, a RhoGTPase pathway known to mediate actin cytoskeletal reorganization and the development of new spines...
- Cyclic AMP Mediation of Epithelial Cell FunctionJAMES RICHARD GOLDENRING; Fiscal Year: 2010..AKAP350/450 splice variants potentially scaffold PKA, protein kinase C?, PKN, casein kinase 1, phosphodiesterase 4D3, protein phosphatases 1 and 2a and calmodulin as well as a number of ..
- p21-Activated Kinases as New Therapeutic Targets in Neurofibromatosis Type 1JONATHAN D CHERNOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..vitro;and 3) We will cross Krox20-cre/Nf1flox/- mice, which develop malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors, with Pak1 knock out mice, or transplant such NF1 mice with Pak1-/- bone marrow cells, to determine if loss of Pak1, globally ..
- Receptor Trafficking in Entry of Murine Leukemia VirusesRobert A Davey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Genes corresponding to the Rac1-PAK1-LIMK1 pathway of actin regulation were identified as key for infection by Fr-MLV but not the other viruses...
- Receptor Trafficking in Entry of Murine Leukemia VirusesRobert Davey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Genes corresponding to the Rac1-PAK1-LIMK1 pathway of actin regulation were identified as key for infection by Fr-MLV but not the other viruses...
- DETERMINANTS OF TISSUE ESTRADIOL SENSITIVITYRichard Santen; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the hypothesis that non-genomic effects of estradiol act through the Rac/PAK1 pathways to enhance the formation of membrane changes to increase motility and invasiveness of breast cancer cells...
- A Putative Heparin Receptor in Smooth Muscle CellsLINDA LOWE KRENTZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..the extent to which heparin treatment activates cGMP signaling through PKG, known PKG targets such as VASP and PAK1 will be evaluated to determine whether they are specifically phosphorylated in response to heparin treatment as ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ALTERATIONS IN MALIGNANT MESOTHELIOMAJOSEPH TESTA; Fiscal Year: 2006..with NF2 inactivation, determine how merlin function is modulated by phosphorylation as an effector of Rac/Cdc42/Pak1 signaling and whether merlin expression/phosphorylation alters downstream signaling involving JNK and AP-1...
- Coordination of signaling during phagocytosisJoel A Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein (YFP) chimeras of actin, PI3K, the lipid phosphatase SHIP-1, Rac1, Cdc42, the p21- binding domain of Pak1, and 3'PI-binding domains from signaling proteins...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF FOCAL ADHESIONSKeith Burridge; Fiscal Year: 2000..We will test the hypothesis that Rho activates a kinase, such as p160ROCK or PKN, that phosphorylates and inhibits MPP and thereby elevates MLC phosphorylation...
- Coordination of signaling during phagocytosisJoel Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2009..protein (YFP) chimeras of actin, PI3K, the lipid phosphatase SHIP-1, Rac1, Cdc42, the p21- binding domain of Pak1, and 3'PI-binding domains from signaling proteins...
- Coordination of signaling during phagocytosisJoel Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2007..protein (YFP) chimeras of actin, PI3K, the lipid phosphatase SHIP-1, Rac1, Cdc42, the p21- binding domain of Pak1, and 3'PI-binding domains from signaling proteins...
- Proteolytic Pathways in Progression of Pre-Malignant Breast DiseaseBonnie Sloane; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aberrant signal transduction, for example through p21-activated kinase 1 [PAK1], may contribute to increased pericellular proteolysis...
- Proteolytic Pathways in Progression of Pre-Malignant Breast DiseaseBonnie Sloane; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aberrant signal transduction, for example through p21-activated kinase 1 [PAK1], may contribute to increased pericellular proteolysis...
- Proteolytic Pathways in Progression of Pre-Malignant Breast DiseaseBONNIE F contact SLOANE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aberrant signal transduction, for example through p21-activated kinase 1 [PAK1], may contribute to increased pericellular proteolysis...
- Proteolytic Pathways in Progression of Pre-Malignant Breast DiseaseBONNIE F contact SLOANE; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Vascular Oxidases in MigrationKathy Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2007..PDK1, in turn, phosphorylates p21- activated kinase-1 (PAK1), and both kinases are required for migration...
- Vascular Oxidases in MigrationKathy Griendling; Fiscal Year: 2009..PDK1, in turn, phosphorylates p21- activated kinase-1 (PAK1), and both kinases are required for migration...
- Pathophysiology of Conduction Block in HNPP.Jun Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we have shown that removal of the p21-activated kinase type-1 (pak1) gene in PMP22 deficient mice eliminates tomacula/axonal constrictions, a novel signaling mechanism...
- INTERACTION OF RHO GTPASES WITH REGULATORS AND EFFECTORSYi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2003..of RhoA, Rac1, and Cdc42 with a number of effector targets, which include N-WASP, IQGAP2, Por1, PAK2, p35, PKN, and ROK, by determining the structural elements of the Rho proteins involved in specifying the respective ..