Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PHLDA3
Description: pleckstrin homology like domain family A member 3
Alias: TIH1, pleckstrin homology-like domain family A member 3, TDAG51/Ipl homolog 1, pleckstrin homology-like domain, family A, member 2
- Koso H, Tsuhako A, Lai C, Baba Y, Otsu M, Ueno K, et al. Conditional rod photoreceptor ablation reveals Sall1 as a microglial marker and regulator of microglial morphology in the retina. Glia. 2016;64:2005-24 pubmed publisher..microglia and infiltrating macrophages, we identified microglia-specific genes, including Ak1, Ctsf, Sall1, Phlda3, and Spns2...
- Pappas K, Xu J, Zairis S, Resnick Silverman L, Abate F, Steinbach N, et al. p53 Maintains Baseline Expression of Multiple Tumor Suppressor Genes. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..binds and activates numerous tumor suppressor genes, including PTEN, STK11(LKB1), miR-34a, KDM6A(UTX), FOXO1, PHLDA3, and TNFRSF10B through consensus binding sites in enhancers and promoters...
- Arnold D, Gaspar R, da Rocha C, Sangalli J, De Bem T, CorrÃªa C, et al. Nuclear transfer alters placental gene expression and associated histone modifications of the placental-specific imprinted gene pleckstrin homology-like domain, family A, member 2 (PHLDA2) in cattle. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2017;29:458-467 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the altered expression of imprinted genes associated with NT are also caused by changes in histone modifications. ..
- Mukhopadhyay A, Ravikumar G, Dwarkanath P, Meraaj H, Thomas A, Crasta J, et al. Placental expression of the insulin receptor binding protein GRB10: Relation to human fetoplacental growth and fetal gender. Placenta. 2015;36:1225-30 pubmed publisher..Hence, we speculate that placental GRB10 plays a role in regulating fetoplacental growth and thereby in the pathophysiology of fetal growth restriction in the context of fetal gender. ..
- Tunster S, McNamara G, Creeth H, John R. Increased dosage of the imprinted Ascl2 gene restrains two key endocrine lineages of the mouse Placenta. Dev Biol. 2016;418:55-65 pubmed publisher..This "belts and braces" approach demonstrates the importance of genomic imprinting in regulating the size of the placental endocrine compartment for optimal placental development and fetal growth. ..
- Tunster S, Creeth H, John R. The imprinted Phlda2 gene modulates a major endocrine compartment of the placenta to regulate placental demands for maternal resources. Dev Biol. 2016;409:251-260 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this work suggests that Phlda2 manipulates the placenta's demands for maternal resources, a process that must be tightly regulated by epigenetic marks to ensure optimal foetal growth. ..
- Qiao M, Wu M, Shi R, Hu W. PHLDA3 impedes somatic cell reprogramming by activating Akt-GSK3β pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7:2832 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report that PHLDA3, a p53 target gene, functions as a blockage of iPSCs generation by activating the Akt-GSK3β pathway...
- Jin F, Qiao C, Luan N, Shang T. The expression of the imprinted gene pleckstrin homology-like domain family A member 2 in placental tissues of preeclampsia and its effects on the proliferation, migration and invasion of trophoblast cells JEG-3. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:1142-51 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that PHLDA2 may participate in PE pathogenesis and indicate its potential application in the early diagnosis of PE. ..
- Sakata N, Yamaguchi Y, Chen Y, Shimoda M, Yoshimatsu G, Unno M, et al. Pleckstrin homology-like domain family A, member 3 (PHLDA3) deficiency improves islets engraftment through the suppression of hypoxic damage. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187927 pubmed publisher..Pleckstrin homology-like domain family A, member 3 (PHLDA3) is a known suppressor of neuroendocrine tumorigenicity, yet deficiency of this gene increases islet proliferation,..
- Frank D, Mendelsohn C, Ciccone E, Svensson K, Ohlsson R, Tycko B. A novel pleckstrin homology-related gene family defined by Ipl/Tssc3, TDAG51, and Tih1: tissue-specific expression, chromosomal location, and parental imprinting. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1150-9 pubmed..Ipl is similar to TDAG51, a gene that is involved in FAS/CD95 expression. Here we describe another gene, Tih1 (TDAG/Ipl homologue 1), with equivalent sequence similarity to Ipl...
- Mattes K, Berger G, Geugien M, Vellenga E, Schepers H. CITED2 affects leukemic cell survival by interfering with p53 activation. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e3132 pubmed publisher..which was indicated by decreased levels of phosphorylated AKT and altered expression of the AKT-pathway regulators PHLDA3 and SOX4...
- Muroi H, Nakajima M, Satomura H, Takahashi M, Yamaguchi S, Sasaki K, et al. Low PHLDA3 expression in oesophageal squamous cell carcinomas is associated with poor prognosis. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:949-54 pubmed..Pleckstrin homology-like domain, family A, member 3 (PHLDA3) has been identified as a direct target gene of p53 and as a potent inhibitor of Akt activation...
- Ohki R, Saito K, Chen Y, Kawase T, Hiraoka N, Saigawa R, et al. PHLDA3 is a novel tumor suppressor of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E2404-13 pubmed publisher..We report here that the genomic region of the PHLDA3 gene undergoes loss of heterozygosity (LOH) at a remarkably high frequency in human PanNETs, and this genetic ..
- Kawase T, Ohki R, Shibata T, Tsutsumi S, Kamimura N, Inazawa J, et al. PH domain-only protein PHLDA3 is a p53-regulated repressor of Akt. Cell. 2009;136:535-50 pubmed publisher..We now identify PHLDA3 as a p53 target gene that encodes a PH domain-only protein...