Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PHAX
Description: phosphorylated adaptor for RNA export
Alias: RNUXA, phosphorylated adapter RNA export protein, RNA U small nuclear RNA export adapter protein, RNA U, small nuclear RNA export adapter (phosphorylation regulated), RNA U, small nuclear RNA export adaptor (phosphorylation regulated)
- Watkins N, Lemm I, Ingelfinger D, Schneider C, Hossbach M, Urlaub H, et al. Assembly and maturation of the U3 snoRNP in the nucleoplasm in a large dynamic multiprotein complex. Mol Cell. 2004;16:789-98 pubmed..assembly (TIP48, TIP49, Nopp140), RNA processing (TGS1, La, LSm4, hRrp46), and subcellular localization (CRM1, PHAX). Using RNAi, we show that most of these factors are essential for box C/D snoRNA accumulation...
- Mourão A, Varrot A, Mackereth C, Cusack S, Sattler M. Structure and RNA recognition by the snRNA and snoRNA transport factor PHAX. RNA. 2010;16:1205-16 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylated adaptor for nuclear export (PHAX) is required for nuclear export of snRNAs in metazoans and also involved in the intranuclear transport of snoRNAs ..
- Gebhardt A, Habjan M, Benda C, Meiler A, Haas D, Hein M, et al. mRNA export through an additional cap-binding complex consisting of NCBP1 and NCBP3. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8192 pubmed publisher..However, NCBP3 becomes pivotal under stress conditions, such as virus infection. We propose the existence of an alternative CBC involving NCBP1 and NCBP3 that plays a key role in mRNA biogenesis. ..
- Schulze W, Cusack S. Structural basis for mutually exclusive co-transcriptional nuclear cap-binding complexes with either NELF-E or ARS2. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1302 pubmed publisher..the direct interactions between CBC and NELF-E, a subunit of the negative elongation factor complex, ARS2 and PHAX. Our biochemical and crystal structure results show that the homologous C-terminal peptides of NELF-E and ARS2 bind ..
- Lemm I, Girard C, Kuhn A, Watkins N, Schneider M, Bordonné R, et al. Ongoing U snRNP biogenesis is required for the integrity of Cajal bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3221-31 pubmed..coilin, U snRNPs, and proteins present in C/D box small nucleolar (sno)RNPs in cells depleted of hTGS1, SMN, or PHAX. Knockdown of any of these three proteins by RNAi interferes with U snRNP maturation before the reentry of U snRNA ..
- Shainyan B, Kirpichenko S, Kleinpeter E. Conformational Preferences of the Phenyl Group in 1-Phenyl-1-X-1-silacyclo-hexanes (X = MeO, HO) and 3-Phenyl-3-X-3-silatetrahydropyrans (X = HO, H) by Low Temperature 13C-NMR Spectroscopy and Theoretical Calculations. J Org Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The Phax ? Pheq equilibrium constants at 103 K are 2.21 for 1 and 4.59 for 4...