Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PFDN1
Description: prefoldin subunit 1
Alias: PDF, PFD1, prefoldin subunit 1, prefoldin 1
- Gstaiger M, Luke B, Hess D, Oakeley E, Wirbelauer C, Blondel M, et al. Control of nutrient-sensitive transcription programs by the unconventional prefoldin URI. Science. 2003;302:1208-12 pubmed..Thus, URI is a component of a signaling pathway that coordinates nutrient availability with gene expression. ..
- Bruneel A, Labas V, Mailloux A, Sharma S, Vinh J, Vaubourdolle M, et al. Proteomic study of human umbilical vein endothelial cells in culture. Proteomics. 2003;3:714-23 pubmed..The presented annotated 2-D maps of HUVECs will be soon available on the web at http://www. huvec.com. ..
- Martín Benito J, Boskovic J, Gomez Puertas P, Carrascosa J, Simons C, Lewis S, et al. Structure of eukaryotic prefoldin and of its complexes with unfolded actin and the cytosolic chaperonin CCT. EMBO J. 2002;21:6377-86 pubmed..This defines the phasing of the CCT rings and suggests a handoff mechanism for PFD. ..
- Munnia A, Schutz N, Romeike B, Maldener E, Glass B, Maas R, et al. Expression, cellular distribution and protein binding of the glioma amplified sequence (GAS41), a highly conserved putative transcription factor. Oncogene. 2001;20:4853-63 pubmed..of the TX3868 cell line identified the nuclear mitotic apparatus protein (NuMA), the KIAA1009 protein, and prefoldin subunit 1 (PFDN1) as potential interacting partners of GAS41...
- Cowan N, Lewis S. A chaperone with a hydrophilic surface. Nat Struct Biol. 1999;6:990-1 pubmed..The structure of the yeast homolog of cofactor A, Rbl2p, shows it to be a dimer with largely hydrophilic surfaces, reflecting the fact that it interacts with quasi-native, not unfolded, beta-tubulin. ..
- Stirling P, Cuellar J, Alfaro G, El Khadali F, Beh C, Valpuesta J, et al. PhLP3 modulates CCT-mediated actin and tubulin folding via ternary complexes with substrates. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7012-21 pubmed..We propose that the antagonistic actions of PhLP3 and prefoldin serve to modulate CCT activity and play a key role in establishing a functional cytoskeleton in vivo. ..
- Hartl F, Hayer Hartl M. Molecular chaperones in the cytosol: from nascent chain to folded protein. Science. 2002;295:1852-8 pubmed..Understanding how the thousands of different proteins synthesized in a cell use this chaperone machinery has profound implications for biotechnology and medicine. ..
- Rommelaere H, De Neve M, Neirynck K, Peelaers D, Waterschoot D, Goethals M, et al. Prefoldin recognition motifs in the nonhomologous proteins of the actin and tubulin families. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41023-8 pubmed..In addition, they also compete with tubulins, suggesting that these target proteins contact similar prefoldin subunits. ..
- Wang D, Shi W, Tang Y, Liu Y, He K, Hu Y, et al. Prefoldin 1 promotes EMT and lung cancer progression by suppressing cyclin A expression. Oncogene. 2017;36:885-898 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a marked increase in prefoldin subunit 1 (PFDN1) levels during the transforming growth factor (TGF)-?1-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition (..
- Jun G, Chung J, Mez J, Barber R, Beecham G, Bennett D, et al. Transethnic genome-wide scan identifies novel Alzheimer's disease loci. Alzheimers Dement. 2017;13:727-738 pubmed publisher..in single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP)-based tests (P < 5 × 10-8) were identified for SNPs in PFDN1/HBEGF, USP6NL/ECHDC3, and BZRAP1-AS1 and for the interaction of the (apolipoprotein E) APOE ?4 allele with NFIC ..
- Hansen W, Cowan N, Welch W. Prefoldin-nascent chain complexes in the folding of cytoskeletal proteins. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:265-77 pubmed..We conclude that PFD functions by selectively targeting nascent actin and tubulin chains pending their transfer to CCT for final folding and/or assembly. ..