Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PECR
Description: peroxisomal trans-2-enoyl-CoA reductase
Alias: DCRRP, HPDHASE, HSA250303, PVIARL, SDR29C1, TERP, peroxisomal trans-2-enoyl-CoA reductase, 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase-related protein, DCR-RP, pVI-ARL, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 29C member 1
- Furfari A, Wan B, Ding K, Wong A, Zhu L, Bezjak A, et al. Genetic biomarkers associated with pain flare and dexamethasone response following palliative radiotherapy in patients with painful bone metastases. Ann Palliat Med. 2017;6:S240-S247 pubmed publisher..Significant SNVs associated with pain flare were found in genes with functions in biosynthesis (DHODH, PECR), lipid excretion and metabolism (UGT2A1/2, VLDLR), and intracellular signalling (DNM2, SEC23A)...
- Gloerich J, Ruiter J, van den Brink D, Ofman R, Ferdinandusse S, Wanders R. Peroxisomal trans-2-enoyl-CoA reductase is involved in phytol degradation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2092-6 pubmed..In conclusion, our results show that human TER is responsible for the reduction of phytenoyl-CoA to phytanoyl-CoA in peroxisomes. ..
- Gay F, Anglade I, Gong Z, Salbert G. The LIM/homeodomain protein islet-1 modulates estrogen receptor functions. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1627-48 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that ISL1-ER cross-talk could differentially regulate the expression of ER and ISL1 target genes. ..
- Hersh C, Pillai S, Zhu G, Lomas D, Bakke P, Gulsvik A, et al. Multistudy fine mapping of chromosome 2q identifies XRCC5 as a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease susceptibility gene. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;182:605-13 pubmed publisher..By combining data from COPD genetic association studies conducted in four independent patient samples, we have identified XRCC5, an ATP-dependent DNA helicase, as a potential COPD susceptibility gene. ..
- D Agosto F, Wolpers A, Ebeling B, Nakamura Y, Yamago S, Monteil V. Controlled radical polymerization of ethylene using organotellurium compounds. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2017;: pubmed publisher..conditions (70 °C, 200 bar of ethylene) within the concept of organotellurium-mediated radical polymerization (TERP)...
- Treutlein J, Cichon S, Ridinger M, Wodarz N, Soyka M, Zill P, et al. Genome-wide association study of alcohol dependence. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009;66:773-84 pubmed publisher..Identification of genes that contribute to alcohol dependence will improve our understanding of the mechanisms that underlie this disorder...
- Braastad C, Leguia M, Hendrickson E. Ku86 autoantigen related protein-1 transcription initiates from a CpG island and is induced by p53 through a nearby p53 response element. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:1713-24 pubmed..These data expand our understanding of this important DNA repair locus. ..
- Hua T, Wu D, Ding W, Wang J, Shaw N, Liu Z. Studies of human 2,4-dienoyl CoA reductase shed new light on peroxisomal ?-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:28956-65 pubmed publisher..Unlike mDCR, hinge movements permit pDCR to process very long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. ..
- Das A, Uhler M, Hajra A. Molecular cloning and expression of mammalian peroxisomal trans-2-enoyl-coenzyme A reductase cDNAs. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24333-40 pubmed publisher..Northern blot analysis demonstrated that a single transcript of 1.3 kilobases is present in most mouse tissues, with particularly high concentrations in liver and kidney...
- Amery L, Mannaerts G, Subramani S, Van Veldhoven P, Fransen M. Identification of a novel human peroxisomal 2,4-dienoyl-CoA reductase related protein using the M13 phage protein VI phage display technology. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2001;4:545-52 pubmed..These results further demonstrate the suitability of the gVI-cDNA phage display technology for cDNA expression cloning using an antibody as a probe. ..