Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEAK1
Description: pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1
Alias: SGK269, NKF3 kinase family member, sugen kinase 269, tyrosine-protein kinase SgK269
- KRas induces a Src/PEAK1/ErbB2 kinase amplification loop that drives metastatic growth and therapy resistance in pancreatic cancerJonathan A Kelber
Department of Pathology, Division of Surgical Oncology, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cancer Res 72:2554-64. 2012..Here, we report that the novel tyrosine kinase PEAK1 is upregulated in human malignancies, including human PDACs and pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN)...
- Dynamic phosphorylation of tyrosine 665 in pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1) is essential for the regulation of cell migration and focal adhesion turnoverJeanne M Bristow
Department of Pathology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 288:123-31. 2013Pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1) is a recently described tyrosine kinase that associates with the actin cytoskeleton and focal adhesion (FA) in migrating cells...
- Involvement of Lyn and the atypical kinase SgK269/PEAK1 in a basal breast cancer signaling pathwayDavid R Croucher
Cancer Research Program, The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer Res 73:1969-80. 2013..In this study, we identified novel Lyn kinase substrates, the most prominent of which was the atypical kinase SgK269 (PEAK1). In breast cancer cells, SgK269 expression associated with the basal phenotype...
- Temporal regulation of EGF signalling networks by the scaffold protein Shc1Yong Zheng
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 499:166-71. 2013..reorganization, trafficking and signal termination that binds Shc1 with delayed kinetics, largely through the SgK269 pseudokinase/adaptor protein...
- Characterization of size-fractionated cDNA libraries generated by the in vitro recombination-assisted methodOsamu Ohara
Department of Human Gene Research, Kazusa DNA Research Institute, Kisarazu, Chiba, Japan
DNA Res 9:47-57. 2002..Taking all these results together, we here conclude that this new method for the construction of size-fractionated cDNA libraries makes it possible to analyze cDNAs efficiently and comprehensively...
- The protein kinase complement of the human genomeG Manning
SUGEN Inc, 230 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 298:1912-34. 2002..We also identified 106 protein kinase pseudogenes. Chromosomal mapping revealed several small clusters of kinase genes and revealed that 244 kinases map to disease loci or cancer amplicons...
- The mouse kinome: discovery and comparative genomics of all mouse protein kinasesSean Caenepeel
SUGEN, Incorporated, 230 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94025, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11707-12. 2004..Chromosomal mapping links 163 kinases to mutant phenotypes and unlocks the use of mouse genetics to determine functions of orthologous human kinases...
- Pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 regulates the cytoskeleton and cancer progression [corrected]Yingchun Wang
Department of Pathology, Moores Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10920-5. 2010..Here, we report the discovery of a cytoskeleton-associated kinase, pseudopodium-enriched atypical kinase 1 (PEAK1). PEAK1 is a 190-kDa nonreceptor tyrosine kinase that localizes to actin filaments and focal adhesions...