Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDS5A
Description: PDS5 cohesin associated factor A
Alias: PIG54, SCC-112, SCC112, sister chromatid cohesion protein PDS5 homolog A, PDS5, regulator of cohesion maintenance, homolog A, cell proliferation-inducing gene 54 protein, sister chromatid cohesion protein 112
- Kim J, He X, Orr B, Wutz G, Hill V, Peters J, et al. Intact Cohesion, Anaphase, and Chromosome Segregation in Human Cells Harboring Tumor-Derived Mutations in STAG2. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005865 pubmed publisher..cohesin; however, the presence of mutant STAG2 resulted in a reduction in the ability of regulatory subunits WAPL, PDS5A, and PDS5B to interact with the core cohesin ring...
- Stoepker C, Ameziane N, van der Lelij P, Kooi I, Oostra A, Rooimans M, et al. Defects in the Fanconi Anemia Pathway and Chromatid Cohesion in Head and Neck Cancer. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3543-53 pubmed publisher..was responsible for chromosomal breakage in one cell line, whereas in two other cell lines, somatic mutations in PDS5A or STAG2 resulted in inadequate sister chromatid cohesion...
- Ueno N, Shimizu A, Kanai M, Iwaya Y, Ueda S, Nakayama J, et al. Enhanced Expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 3 IIIc Promotes Human Esophageal Carcinoma Cell Proliferation. J Histochem Cytochem. 2016;64:7-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, FGFR3IIIc may have the potential to be an early-stage tumor marker and a molecular target for ESCC therapy. ..
- Hagemann C, Weigelin B, Schommer S, Schulze M, Al Jomah N, Anacker J, et al. The cohesin-interacting protein, precocious dissociation of sisters 5A/sister chromatid cohesion protein 112, is up-regulated in human astrocytic tumors. Int J Mol Med. 2011;27:39-51 pubmed publisher..One such protein is the precocious dissociation of sisters 5A (Pds5A), also known as sister chromatid cohesion protein 112. It is a nuclear protein, expressed from the S right through to the mitotic phase...
- Terret M, Sherwood R, Rahman S, Qin J, Jallepalli P. Cohesin acetylation speeds the replication fork. Nature. 2009;462:231-4 pubmed publisher..This defect was a consequence of cohesin's hyperstable interaction with two regulatory cofactors, WAPL and PDS5A (refs 12, 13); removal of either cofactor allowed forks to progress rapidly without ESCO1, ESCO2, or RFC(CTF18)...
- Bauerschmidt C, Arrichiello C, Burdak Rothkamm S, Woodcock M, Hill M, Stevens D, et al. Cohesin promotes the repair of ionizing radiation-induced DNA double-strand breaks in replicated chromatin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:477-87 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the cohesin complex contributes to cell survival by promoting the repair of radiation-induced DNA double-strand breaks in G2-phase cells in an ATM-dependent pathway. ..
- Gregson H, Schmiesing J, Kim J, Kobayashi T, Zhou S, Yokomori K. A potential role for human cohesin in mitotic spindle aster assembly. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47575-82 pubmed..Our results raise the intriguing possibility that in addition to its well demonstrated function in sister chromatid cohesion, cohesin may be involved in spindle assembly during mitosis. ..
- Wali R, Momi N, Dela Cruz M, Calderwood A, Stypula Cyrus Y, Almassalha L, et al. Higher Order Chromatin Modulator Cohesin SA1 Is an Early Biomarker for Colon Carcinogenesis: Race-Specific Implications. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:844-854 pubmed..Cancer Prev Res; 9(11); 844-54. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Rankin S, Ayad N, Kirschner M. Sororin, a substrate of the anaphase-promoting complex, is required for sister chromatid cohesion in vertebrates. Mol Cell. 2005;18:185-200 pubmed..We speculate that the protein, which we have named sororin, regulates the ability of the cohesin complex to mediate sister chromatid cohesion, perhaps by altering the nature of the interaction of cohesin with the chromosomes. ..
- Watrin E, Schleiffer A, Tanaka K, Eisenhaber F, Nasmyth K, Peters J. Human Scc4 is required for cohesin binding to chromatin, sister-chromatid cohesion, and mitotic progression. Curr Biol. 2006;16:863-74 pubmed..The finding that Caenorhabditis elegans MAU-2 is an ortholog of Scc4 further supports the notion that the Scc2-Scc4 complex is required for developmental processes in metazoans. ..
- Minamino M, Ishibashi M, Nakato R, Akiyama K, Tanaka H, Kato Y, et al. Esco1 Acetylates Cohesin via a Mechanism Different from That of Esco2. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1694-706 pubmed publisher..We propose that, by interacting with a unique domain of Esco1, Pds5 recruits Esco1 to chromatin-bound cohesin complexes to form cohesion. Furthermore, Esco1 acetylates SMC3 independently of DNA replication. ..
- Guo Z, Wang X, Li H, Gao Y. Screening E3 substrates using a live phage display library. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76622 pubmed publisher..The whole strategy is rather simple and efficient. Non-degradation substrates can be discovered. This strategy can be extended to any E3s as long as the E3 does not ubiquitinate the empty phage. ..
- Nishiyama T, Ladurner R, Schmitz J, Kreidl E, Schleiffer A, Bhaskara V, et al. Sororin mediates sister chromatid cohesion by antagonizing Wapl. Cell. 2010;143:737-49 pubmed publisher..The mechanism we describe here may therefore be widely conserved among different species...
- Carretero M, Ruiz Torres M, Rodríguez Corsino M, Barthelemy I, Losada A. Pds5B is required for cohesion establishment and Aurora B accumulation at centromeres. EMBO J. 2013;32:2938-49 pubmed publisher..There are two Pds5 proteins in vertebrates, Pds5A and Pds5B, but their functional specificity remains unclear...
- Wu N, Kong X, Ji Z, Zeng W, Potts P, Yokomori K, et al. Scc1 sumoylation by Mms21 promotes sister chromatid recombination through counteracting Wapl. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1473-85 pubmed publisher..We propose that Scc1 sumoylation by Mms21 promotes SCR by antagonizing Wapl at a step after cohesin loading at DSBs and in a way not solely dependent on Smc3 acetylation. ..
- Kumar D, Sakabe I, Patel S, Zhang Y, Ahmad I, Gehan E, et al. SCC-112, a novel cell cycle-regulated molecule, exhibits reduced expression in human renal carcinomas. Gene. 2004;328:187-96 pubmed..2-fold to>10-fold, n=18). Taken together, these findings suggest that the SCC-112 gene expression is likely to be associated with normal cell growth and proliferation. ..
- Capalbo G, Müller Kuller T, Ottmann O, Hoelzer D, Scheuring U. HIV-1 infection suppresses expression of host cell cycle-associated gene PDS5A. Intervirology. 2012;55:263-75 pubmed publisher..The finding (PDS5A) was confirmed in HIV-1(Lai)-infected P4-CCR5 HeLa cells, which were also examined after PDS5A siRNA knockdown in ..
- Sumara I, Vorlaufer E, Gieffers C, Peters B, Peters J. Characterization of vertebrate cohesin complexes and their regulation in prophase. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:749-62 pubmed..These results suggest that vertebrate cohesins are regulated by a novel prophase pathway which is distinct from the APC pathway that controls cohesins in yeast. ..