Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDGFA
Description: platelet derived growth factor subunit A
Alias: PDGF-A, PDGF1, platelet-derived growth factor subunit A, PDGF A-chain, PDGF subunit A, platelet-derived growth factor A-chain, platelet-derived growth factor alpha chain, platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Hoffmann A, Mori R, Vallbohmer D, Brabender J, Klein E, Drebber U, et al. High expression of HIF1a is a predictor of clinical outcome in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas and correlated to PDGFA, VEGF, and bFGF. Neoplasia. 2008;10:674-9 pubmed..In this study, we investigated the prognostic values of HIF1a, bFGF, VEGF, and PDGFA gene expressions as well as their interrelationships.
- Demoulin J, Essaghir A. PDGF receptor signaling networks in normal and cancer cells. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2014;25:273-83 pubmed publisher..Of particular interest, recent studies revealed significant differences between normal and cancer cells regarding signal transduction by these growth factors. ..
- Tomuschat C, O Donnell A, Coyle D, Puri P. Reduction of hydrogen sulfide synthesis enzymes cystathionine-?-synthase and cystathionine-?-lyase in the colon of patients with Hirschsprungs disease. J Pediatr Surg. 2018;53:525-530 pubmed publisher..The observed decreased expression of CBS and CSE may affect mucosal integrity and colonic contractility and thus render HSCR patients more susceptible to develop HAEC. ..
- Csak T, Bala S, Lippai D, Kodys K, Catalano D, Iracheta Vellve A, et al. MicroRNA-155 Deficiency Attenuates Liver Steatosis and Fibrosis without Reducing Inflammation in a Mouse Model of Steatohepatitis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129251 pubmed publisher..Our novel data demonstrate that miR-155 deficiency can reduce steatosis and fibrosis without decreasing inflammation in steatohepatitis. ..
- Bolte C, Ren X, Tomley T, Ustiyan V, Pradhan A, Hoggatt A, et al. Forkhead box F2 regulation of platelet-derived growth factor and myocardin/serum response factor signaling is essential for intestinal development. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7563-75 pubmed publisher..Foxf2 deficiency in colonic smooth muscle was associated with increased expression of Foxf1, PDGFa, PDGFb, PDGF receptor Î±, and myocardin...
- Sherman S, Kuljanin M, Cooper T, Putman D, Lajoie G, Hess D. High Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Activity Identifies a Subset of Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cells with Vascular Regenerative Potential. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1542-1553 pubmed publisher..Collectively, MSCs selected for ALDHhi demonstrated enhanced proangiogenic secretory functions and represent a purified MSC subset amenable for vascular regenerative applications. Stem Cells 2017;35:1542-1553. ..
- Tomuschat C, O Donnell A, Coyle D, Puri P. Reduced expression of voltage-gated Kv11.1 (hERG) K(+) channels in aganglionic colon in Hirschsprung's disease. Pediatr Surg Int. 2016;32:9-16 pubmed publisher..The decreased expression of hERG in the aganglionic colon may be responsible for the increased tone in the aganglionic narrow spastic segment of bowel. ..
- Tsao P, Matsuoka C, Wei S, Sato A, Sato S, Hasegawa K, et al. Epithelial Notch signaling regulates lung alveolar morphogenesis and airway epithelial integrity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:8242-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that epithelial Notch signaling regulates multiple aspects of postnatal development in the distal lung and may represent a potential target for intervention in pulmonary diseases. ..
- Saba N, Wilson M, Doho G, DaSilva J, Benjamin Isett R, Newman S, et al. Mutation and Transcriptional Profiling of Formalin-Fixed Paraffin Embedded Specimens as Companion Methods to Immunohistochemistry for Determining Therapeutic Targets in Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma (OPSCC): A Pilot of Proof of Principle. Head Neck Pathol. 2015;9:223-35 pubmed publisher..For example, WNT1, PDGFA and OGG1 were all over-expressed in the positive group...
- Haider N, Dusseault J, Larose L. Nck1 Deficiency Impairs Adipogenesis by Activation of PDGFR? in Preadipocytes. iScience. 2018;6:22-37 pubmed publisher..Finally, imatinib rescues differentiation of Nck1-deficient preadipocytes. Altogether, our findings reveal that Nck1 modulates WAT development through PDGFR?-dependent remodeling of preadipocytes. ..
- Hara Y, Yamashita T, Oishi N, Nio K, Hayashi T, Nomura Y, et al. TSU-68 ameliorates hepatocellular carcinoma growth by inhibiting microenvironmental platelet-derived growth factor signaling. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:1423-31 pubmed..Time-lapse image analysis was performed to monitor cell motility. Although PDGFA was abundantly expressed, PDGFR-Î± was predominantly located in the cytoplasm and was not functional in HuH7 ..
- Chen J, Li C, Chu P, Lai Y, Chen C, Jiang S, et al. Lysine demethylase 2A promotes stemness and angiogenesis of breast cancer by upregulating Jagged1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:27689-710 pubmed publisher..Two pro-angiogenic factors JAG1 and PDGFA are key mediators for KDM2A to enhance angiogenesis...
- Zhang Y, Cruickshanks N, Yuan F, Wang B, Pahuski M, Wulfkuhle J, et al. Targetable T-type Calcium Channels Drive Glioblastoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3479-3490 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Cav3.2 inhibition decreased expression of oncogenes (PDGFA, PDGFB, and TGFB1) and increased expression of tumor suppressor genes (TNFRSF14 and HSD17B14)...
- Ren S, Chen J, Duscher D, Liu Y, Guo G, Kang Y, et al. Microvesicles from human adipose stem cells promote wound healing by optimizing cellular functions via AKT and ERK signaling pathways. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2019;10:47 pubmed publisher..gene expression of proliferative markers (cyclin D1, cyclin D2, cyclin A1, cyclin A2) and growth factors (VEGFA, PDGFA, EGF, FGF2) was significantly upregulated after ASC-MV treatment...
- Wu Z, Liu J, Wang J, Zhang F. SOX18 knockdown suppresses the proliferation and metastasis, and induces the apoptosis of osteosarcoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:497-504 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that SOX18 may function as an oncogene, and may provide a novel and promising therapeutic strategy for osteosarcoma. ..
- Saeed H, Iqtedar M. Aberrant gene expression profiles, during in vitro osteoblast differentiation, of telomerase deficient mouse bone marrow stromal stem cells (mBMSCs). J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:11 pubmed publisher..A similar trend was observed for genes involved in osteoblast proliferation (Tgfb1, Fgfr2 and Pdgfa) and bone mineral metabolism (Col1a1, Col2a1, Col1a2 and Col11a1)...
- Cai Y, Yang L, Hu G, Chen X, Niu F, Yuan L, et al. Regulation of morphine-induced synaptic alterations: Role of oxidative stress, ER stress, and autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:245-258 pubmed..These results identify a novel cellular mechanism involved in morphine-mediated synaptic alterations with implications for therapeutic interventions by PDGF. ..
- FÃ¼hrmann T, Tam R, Ballarin B, Coles B, Elliott Donaghue I, van der Kooy D, et al. Injectable hydrogel promotes early survival of induced pluripotent stem cell-derived oligodendrocytes and attenuates longterm teratoma formation in a spinal cord injury model. Biomaterials. 2016;83:23-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, this hydrogel promoted cell survival and integration, and attenuated teratoma formation by promoting cell differentiation. ..
- Pfeffer P, Smith C, MacLean P, Berg D. Gene expression analysis of bovine embryonic disc, trophoblast and parietal hypoblast at the start of gastrulation. Zygote. 2017;25:265-278 pubmed publisher..TGF?, FGF, VEGF, PDGFA, IGF2, IHH and WNT signals and receptors were expressed, however the representative members of the FGF families ..
- Tang K, Jin Y, Chen F, Wang L. Overexpression of C/EBP? Affects The Cell Cycle Regulators and Spermatogenesis Related Genes Expression And Function of Bovine Sertoli Cells. Reprod Domest Anim. 2016;51:591-6 pubmed publisher..of exogenous C/EBP? gene upregulated the mRNA expressions of spermatogenesis-related genes, including Pdgfa, Claudin, Caspase-3, Occludin, kit1 and Cyclin E, and decreased the mRNA levels of Cyclin D1...
- Pucci S, Zonetti M, Fisco T, Polidoro C, Bocchinfuso G, Palleschi A, et al. Carnitine palmitoyl transferase-1A (CPT1A): a new tumor specific target in human breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:19982-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose nuclear CPT1A as a striking tumor specific target for anticancer therapeutics, more selective and effective as compared with the well-known HDAC inhibitors. ..
- Buch L, Lipi B, Langhnoja J, Jaldeep L, Pillai P, Prakash P. Role of astrocytic MeCP2 in regulation of CNS myelination by affecting oligodendrocyte and neuronal physiology and axo-glial interactions. Exp Brain Res. 2018;236:3015-3027 pubmed publisher..The data from the current study indicate altered mRNA levels (Lif, Cntf, Pdgfa, Cxcl10) of astrocyte-secreted factors involved in myelination...
- Ahir B, Lakka S. Elucidating the microRNA-203 specific biological processes in glioblastoma cells from comprehensive RNA-sequencing transcriptome profiling. Cell Signal. 2019;53:22-38 pubmed publisher..We also performed miR-203 target analysis and found BCL2, AKT, SPARC, ROBO1, c-JUN, PDGFA, and CREB were predicted target of miR-203 and miR-203 expression suppressed the protein and mRNA levels of these ..
- Hida K, Maishi N, Akiyama K, Ohmura Kakutani H, Torii C, Ohga N, et al. Tumor endothelial cells with high aldehyde dehydrogenase activity show drug resistance. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2195-2203 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ALDHhigh TEC in tumor blood vessels might be an important target to overcome or prevent drug resistance. ..
- Sharma D, Singh P, Singh S. ?-N-oxalyl-L-?,?-diaminopropionic acid induces wound healing by stabilizing HIF-1? and modulating associated protein expression. Phytomedicine. 2018;44:9-19 pubmed publisher..The present investigation explores potential of L-ODAP as a wound healing agent. L-ODAP positively affected wound healing both in vitro and in vivo and thus could be considered a natural wound healing agent. ..
- Wan L, Huang J, Ni H, Yu G. Screening key genes for abdominal aortic aneurysm based on gene expression omnibus dataset. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2018;18:34 pubmed publisher..The consequences of IHC staining showed that CCR7 and PDGFA were up-regulated in tissue samples of AAA...
- Blanc Brude O, Chambers R, Leoni P, Dik W, Laurent G. Factor Xa is a fibroblast mitogen via binding to effector-cell protease receptor-1 and autocrine release of PDGF. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C681-9 pubmed..We conclude that factor Xa acts as a fibroblast mitogen via binding to effector-cell protease receptor-1 and the autocrine release of PDGF...
- Spina A, Montella R, Liccardo D, De Rosa A, Laino L, Mitsiadis T, et al. NZ-GMP Approved Serum Improve hDPSC Osteogenic Commitment and Increase Angiogenic Factor Expression. Front Physiol. 2016;7:354 pubmed publisher..in presence of NZ-FBS were found to produce higher mRNA levels of the angiogenic factors, such as VEGF and PDGFA. Taken together, our results highlight that hDPSCs proliferate, enhance their osteogenic commitment and increase ..
- Loizos N, Xu Y, Huber J, Liu M, Lu D, Finnerty B, et al. Targeting the platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha with a neutralizing human monoclonal antibody inhibits the growth of tumor xenografts: implications as a potential therapeutic target. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:369-79 pubmed..Antibody 3G3 significantly inhibited the growth of U118 (P=0.0004) and SKLMS-1 (P <0.0001) tumors relative to control. These data suggest that 3G3 may be useful for the treatment of tumors that express PDGFRalpha. ..
- Cao Z, Cheng J, Zhang Y, Bo C, Li Y. MicroRNA?375 inhibits oral squamous cell carcinoma cell migration and invasion by targeting platelet?derived growth factor?A. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:922-928 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that miR?375 suppressed OSCC cell migration and invasion by targeting PDGF?A, which may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of OSCC. ..
- Gallini R, Huusko J, Yla Herttuala S, Betsholtz C, Andrae J. Isoform-Specific Modulation of Inflammation Induced by Adenoviral Mediated Delivery of Platelet-Derived Growth Factors in the Adult Mouse Heart. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0160930 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for PDGF isoform-specific inflammation-modulating functions that may have therapeutic implications. They also illustrate a surprising complexity in the PDGF-mediated pathophysiological responses. ..
- Church J, Kigerl K, Lerch J, Popovich P, McTigue D. TLR4 Deficiency Impairs Oligodendrocyte Formation in the Injured Spinal Cord. J Neurosci. 2016;36:6352-64 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the current study reveals that a single immune receptor is essential for repair responses after SCI, and the potential mechanisms of this beneficial effect likely change over time after injury. ..
- Kamata T, Jin H, Giblett S, Patel B, Patel F, Foster C, et al. The cholesterol-binding protein NPC2 restrains recruitment of stromal macrophage-lineage cells to early-stage lung tumours. EMBO Mol Med. 2015;7:1119-37 pubmed publisher..In this model, we have found that immature macrophage-lineage cells (IMCs) producing PDGFA, TGFÎ² and CC chemokines are recruited to the stroma of premalignant lung adenomas through CC chemokine receptor ..
- Steurer M, Norton M, Baer R, Shaw G, Keating S, Moon Grady A, et al. The association of maternal lymphatic markers and critical congenital heart defects in the fetus-A population based case-control study. Am J Med Genet A. 2017;173:1231-1236 pubmed publisher..The highest PDGF AA levels were found in mothers of fetuses with HLHS. These findings may be useful in screening for CCHDs and offer insight into their association with nuchal translucency. ..
- Tong B, Auer D, Jaye M, Kaplow J, Ricca G, McConathy E, et al. cDNA clones reveal differences between human glial and endothelial cell platelet-derived growth factor A-chains. Nature. 1987;328:619-21 pubmed..The mRNA levels of the A- and B-chains of PDGF in HUVE cells were analysed and shown to respond differently to the endothelial cell growth factor (ECGF). ..
- COFER Z, Cui S, Eauclaire S, Kim C, Tobias J, Hakonarson H, et al. Methylation Microarray Studies Highlight PDGFA Expression as a Factor in Biliary Atresia. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151521 pubmed publisher..Another region near the PDGFA locus was the most significantly hypomethylated in BA, suggesting potential aberrant expression...
- Gouveia L, Betsholtz C, Andrae J. Expression analysis of platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha and its ligands in the developing mouse lung. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Three different reporter mice were analyzed (Pdgfaex4-COIN-INV-lacZ , <..
- Baroti T, Zimmermann Y, Schillinger A, Liu L, Lommes P, Wegner M, et al. Transcription factors Sox5 and Sox6 exert direct and indirect influences on oligodendroglial migration in spinal cord and forebrain. Glia. 2016;64:122-38 pubmed publisher..It argues that SoxD proteins can function either as repressors or as co-activators of SoxE proteins thereby modulating their function in a stage-specific manner. ..
- Connolly N, Stokum J, Schneider C, Ozawa T, Xu S, Galisteo R, et al. Genetically engineered rat gliomas: PDGF-driven tumor initiation and progression in tv-a transgenic rats recreate key features of human brain cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174557 pubmed publisher..Nestin promoter-driven tv-a (Ntv-a) transgenic Sprague-Dawley rat founder lines were created and RCAS PDGFA and p53 shRNA constructs were used to initiate intracranial brain tumor formation...
- Deng X, Jin K, Li Y, Gu W, Liu M, Zhou L. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor and Transforming Growth Factor β1 Regulate ARDS-Associated Lung Fibrosis Through Distinct Signaling Pathways. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:937-46 pubmed publisher..Treatments with both PDGF and TGFβ1 antagonists may result in a better anti-fibrotic outcome for ALI-induced lung fibrosis. ..
- Hu W, Zhang Y, Wang L, Lau C, Xu J, Luo J, et al. Bone Morphogenic Protein 4-Smad-Induced Upregulation of Platelet-Derived Growth Factor AA Impairs Endothelial Function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:553-60 pubmed publisher..We generated Ad-Bmp4 to overexpress Bmp4 and Ad-Pdgfa-shRNA to knockdown Pdgfa in mice through tail intravenous injection...
- Ciolofan A, CreŢu O, Mogoantă S, Ciucă E. The tyrosine kinase inhibitors effects on metastatic tumor graft in the chick chorioallantoic membrane assay. Rom J Morphol Embryol. 2017;58:1257-1262 pubmed..using vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), CD34, podoplanin, platelet-derived growth factor subunit A (PDGFA) and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) as primaries antibodies were performed on metastatic tumor and ..
- Matsui T, Heidaran M, Miki T, Popescu N, La Rochelle W, Kraus M, et al. Isolation of a novel receptor cDNA establishes the existence of two PDGF receptor genes. Science. 1989;243:800-4 pubmed..The existence of genes encoding two PDGF receptors that interact in a distinct manner with three different PDGF isoforms likely confers considerable regulatory flexibility in the functional responses to PDGF. ..
- Katz A, Amankulor N, Pitter K, Helmy K, Squatrito M, Holland E. Astrocyte-specific expression patterns associated with the PDGF-induced glioma microenvironment. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32453 pubmed publisher..We show that certain stromal astrocytes in the tumor microenvironment express a GBM-specific gene signature and that the majority of these stromal astrocyte genes can predict survival in the human disease. ..
- Santak G, Santak M, Forcic D. Low concentration of PDGF-AB shows synergism with IFN-? in induction of IFN-? and -? in MRC5 fibroblasts. Cytokine. 2013;64:494-6 pubmed publisher..Also, low concentration of PDGF-AB showed synergism with IFN-? in IFN-? and -? induction. Results presented here open new possibilities in multi-cytokine therapy and expand previous results on PDGF activity. ..
- Heldin C, Westermark B, Wasteson A. Platelet-derived growth factor: purification and partial characterization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1979;76:3722-6 pubmed..The stimulatory activity on human glial cells of the purified product at a concentration of approximately 4 ng/ml (0.13 nM) was equal to that of 1% human serum. ..
- Luo J, Peng Y, Chen T, Huo T, Hou M, Huang H, et al. Clopidogrel inhibits angiogenesis of gastric ulcer healing via downregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2. J Formos Med Assoc. 2016;115:764-72 pubmed publisher..Clopidogrel inhibits the angiogenesis of gastric ulcer healing at least partially by the inhibition of the VEGF-VEGFR2-ERK signal transduction pathway. ..
- Fraser D, Brunskill N, Ito T, Phillips A. Long-term exposure of proximal tubular epithelial cells to glucose induces transforming growth factor-beta 1 synthesis via an autocrine PDGF loop. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:2565-74 pubmed..This provides a potential explanation for the clinical observation that prolonged poor glycemic control may contribute to progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Sahraei M, Roy L, Curry J, Teresa T, Nath S, Besmer D, et al. MUC1 regulates PDGFA expression during pancreatic cancer progression. Oncogene. 2012;31:4935-45 pubmed publisher..We report a novel association of MUC1 with platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGFA). PDGFA is one of the many drivers of tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis in PDA...
- Palomero J, Vegliante M, Rodr guez M, Eguileor A, Castellano G, Planas Rigol E, et al. SOX11 promotes tumor angiogenesis through transcriptional regulation of PDGFA in mantle cell lymphoma. Blood. 2014;124:2235-47 pubmed publisher..We identified PDGFA as a SOX11 direct target gene upregulated in MCL cells whose inhibition impaired SOX11-enhanced in vitro ..
- Bahm I, Barriga E, Frolov A, Theveneau E, Frankel P, Mayor R. PDGF controls contact inhibition of locomotion by regulating N-cadherin during neural crest migration. Development. 2017;144:2456-2468 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that once NC cells have undergone EMT, the same PDGF-A/PDGFR? works as an NC chemoattractant, guiding their directional migration. ..
- Pedigo N, Zhang H, Mishra A, McCorkle J, Ormerod A, Kaetzel D. Retinoic acid inducibility of the human PDGF-a gene is mediated by 5'-distal DNA motifs that overlap with basal enhancer and vitamin D response elements. Gene Expr. 2007;14:1-12 pubmed..The addition of RARE activity to previously described functions of the 5'-distal enhanceosome underscores the importance of this region as a key integration point for regulatory control of PDGF-A expression. ..
- Jones A, Antillon K, Jenkins S, Janos S, Overton H, Shoshan D, et al. Prostate field cancerization: deregulated expression of macrophage inhibitory cytokine 1 (MIC-1) and platelet derived growth factor A (PDGF-A) in tumor adjacent tissue. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119314 pubmed publisher..Among several clinical applications, they could also be exploited as indicators of disease in false negative biopsies, identify areas of repeat biopsy, and add molecular information to surgical margins. ..
- Yun B, Seong S, Cha D, Kim J, Kim M, Shim J, et al. Changes in proliferating and apoptotic markers of leiomyoma following treatment with a selective progesterone receptor modulator or gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015;191:62-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there was an increase in caspase-3 protein, but not bcl-2 mRNA, expression in the SPRM group suggesting that SPRM may exert its effects in pathways other than the bcl-2 apoptotic pathway. ..
- Charbonneau M, Lavoie R, Lauzier A, Harper K, McDonald P, Dubois C. Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor Activation Promotes the Prodestructive Invadosome-Forming Phenotype of Synoviocytes from Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. J Immunol. 2016;196:3264-75 pubmed publisher..They also provide evidence for an association between autocrine TGF-Î² and PDGFR-mediated invadosome formation in RA synoviocytes that involves the production of PDGF-B induced by TGF-Î². ..
- Beckmann M, Betsholtz C, Heldin C, Westermark B, Di Marco E, Di Fiore P, et al. Comparison of biological properties and transforming potential of human PDGF-A and PDGF-B chains. Science. 1988;241:1346-9 pubmed..These findings provide insights into biologic properties of a growth factor responsible for potent autocrine stimulation of abnormal cell proliferation. ..
- Fretto L, Snape A, Tomlinson J, Seroogy J, Wolf D, LaRochelle W, et al. Mechanism of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) AA, AB, and BB binding to alpha and beta PDGF receptor. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:3625-31 pubmed..These results establish that PDGF is bivalent and that monovalent ligand retains high affinity receptor binding. ..
- Bland R, Mokres L, Ertsey R, Jacobson B, Jiang S, Rabinovitch M, et al. Mechanical ventilation with 40% oxygen reduces pulmonary expression of genes that regulate lung development and impairs alveolar septation in newborn mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L1099-110 pubmed..These changes yielded lung structural defects similar to those observed in evolving CLD...
- Shim A, Liu H, Focia P, Chen X, Lin P, He X. Structures of a platelet-derived growth factor/propeptide complex and a platelet-derived growth factor/receptor complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11307-12 pubmed publisher..The structural and biochemical data together offer insights into PDGF-PDGFR signaling, as well as strategies for PDGF-antagonism. ..
- Yildirim O, Bicer A, Ozkan A, Kurtkaya O, Cirakoglu B, Kilic T. Expression of platelet-derived growth factor ligand and receptor in cerebral arteriovenous and cavernous malformations. J Clin Neurosci. 2010;17:1557-62 pubmed publisher..007). Overexpression of PDGF ligands and receptors in AVM and CCM may mean that therapeutic strategies targeting the PDGF pathway could be useful in the treatment of these two malformations. ..
- Tripurani S, Cook R, Eldin K, Pangas S. BMP-specific SMADs function as novel repressors of PDGFA and modulate its expression in ovarian granulosa cells and tumors. Oncogene. 2013;32:3877-85 pubmed publisherPlatelet-derived growth factor alpha (PDGFA) is frequently upregulated in various cancers and thought to function as a key player in the development and progression of tumor growth by regulating aspects of cell proliferation, ..
- Abe H, Hino R, Fukayama M. Platelet-derived growth factor-A and vascular endothelial growth factor-C contribute to the development of pulmonary tumor thrombotic microangiopathy in gastric cancer. Virchows Arch. 2013;462:523-31 pubmed publisher..Platelet-derived growth factor-A and vascular endothelial growth factor-C might induce intimal proliferation in pulmonary arteries and contribute to the development of pulmonary tumor thrombotic microangiopathy. ..
- Grimmig T, Moench R, Kreckel J, Haack S, Rueckert F, Rehder R, et al. Toll Like Receptor 2, 4, and 9 Signaling Promotes Autoregulative Tumor Cell Growth and VEGF/PDGF Expression in Human Pancreatic Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed
- Womer R, Frick K, Mitchell C, Ross A, Bishayee S, Scher C. PDGF induces c-myc mRNA expression in MG-63 human osteosarcoma cells but does not stimulate cell replication. J Cell Physiol. 1987;132:65-72 pubmed..Thus MG-63 cells are a naturally occurring cell variant in which PDGF stimulates c-myc expression but does not modulate mitogenesis. ..
- Johnsson A, Heldin C, Westermark B, Wasteson A. Platelet-derived growth factor: identification of constituent polypeptide chains. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1982;104:66-74 pubmed
- Clunn G, Refson J, Lymn J, Hughes A. Platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptors can both promote and inhibit chemotaxis in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1997;17:2622-9 pubmed
- Baron R, Silverman E, Grasemann H, Collins T, Drazen J. DNA sequence variants of the platelet-derived growth factor A-chain gene. Clin Exp Allergy. 2001;31:1501-8 pubmed..No association was found between the sequence variants in the PDGF-A gene and the development of asthma. However, the allele frequency of some of the sequence variants differed between the Caucasian and African-American subjects. ..
- Annunziata M, Luque R, Duran Prado M, Baragli A, Grande C, Volante M, et al. Somatostatin and somatostatin analogues reduce PDGF-induced endometrial cell proliferation and motility. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:2117-29 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effects of SST and its analogues on PDGF-induced proliferation and motility suggest that these peptides may represent promising tools in the treatment of endometriosis. ..
- Hyacinth H, Gee B, Adamkiewicz T, Adams R, Kutlar A, Stiles J, et al. Plasma BDNF and PDGF-AA levels are associated with high TCD velocity and stroke in children with sickle cell anemia. Cytokine. 2012;60:302-8 pubmed publisher..Stroke incidence and high TCD velocity were associated with elevated BDNF and PDGF-AA. These findings suggest a role for BDNF and PDGF-AA in the patho-physiological mechanism of cerebrovascular disease in SCA. ..
- Miller M, Cohen E, Baggs J, Lu M, Hogenesch J, Morrisey E. Wnt ligands signal in a cooperative manner to promote foregut organogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15348-53 pubmed..These data suggest a model in which Pdgf signaling potentiates Wnt2-Wnt7b signaling to promote high levels of Wnt activity in mesenchymal progenitors that is required for proper development of endoderm-derived organs, such as the lung. ..
- Han H, Cao F, Wang B, Mu X, Li G, Wang X. Expression of angiogenesis regulatory proteins and epithelial-mesenchymal transition factors in platelets of the breast cancer patients. ScientificWorldJournal. 2014;2014:878209 pubmed publisher..VEGF, PDGF, and TGF-Î²1 concentrations in platelets may be associated with prognosis. ..
- Paule S, Nebl T, Webb A, Vollenhoven B, Rombauts L, Nie G. Proprotein convertase 5/6 cleaves platelet-derived growth factor A in the human endometrium in preparation for embryo implantation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2015;21:262-70 pubmed publisher..The proform of platelet-derived growth factor A (pro-PDGFA) requires PC cleavage to convert to the active-PDGFA...
- Gallini R, Lindblom P, Bondjers C, Betsholtz C, Andrae J. PDGF-A and PDGF-B induces cardiac fibrosis in transgenic mice. Exp Cell Res. 2016;349:282-290 pubmed publisher..Transgenic expression of the natural isoforms of Pdgfa and Pdgfb resulted in isoform specific fibrotic reactions and cardiac hypertrophy...
- Meschiari C, Jung M, Iyer R, Yabluchanskiy A, Toba H, Garrett M, et al. Macrophage overexpression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 in aged mice improves diastolic physiology and cardiac wound healing following myocardial infarction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;:ajpheart.00453.2017 pubmed publisher..05). Reduced vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGFA), platelet-derived growth factor subunit A (Pdgfa), and transforming growth factor beta 3 (Tgfb3) along with elevated tissue inhibitor of MMP-4 (Timp4) macrophage ..
- Goretzki L, Burg M, Grako K, Stallcup W. High-affinity binding of basic fibroblast growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor-AA to the core protein of the NG2 proteoglycan. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16831-7 pubmed..These data suggest that NG2 can have an important role in organizing and presenting some types of mitogenic growth factors at the cell surface. ..
- Gonias S, Carmichael A, Mettenburg J, Roadcap D, Irvin W, Webb D. Identical or overlapping sequences in the primary structure of human alpha(2)-macroglobulin are responsible for the binding of nerve growth factor-beta, platelet-derived growth factor-BB, and transforming growth factor-beta. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5826-31 pubmed..Thus, FP3 may inhibit the activity of PDGF-BB. ..
- Gagnon A, Landry A, Sorisky A. IKKbeta and the anti-adipogenic effect of platelet-derived growth factor in human abdominal subcutaneous preadipocytes. J Endocrinol. 2009;201:75-80 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a novel PDGF response in human preadipocytes that involves the pro-inflammatory kinase IKKbeta and demonstrate that it is required for the inhibition of adipogenesis. ..
- Gümüs E, Kaloglu C, Sari I, Yilmaz M, Cetin A. Effects of vitrification and transplantation on follicular development and expression of EphrinB1 and PDGFA in mouse ovaries. Cryobiology. 2018;80:101-113 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to assess the follicular development and the patterns of EphrinB1 and PDGFA immunostaining in vitrified mouse ovarian tissue (OT) with and without transplantation...
- Hasanzadeh M, Razmi N, Mokhtarzadeh A, Shadjou N, Mahboob S. Aptamer based assay of plated-derived grow factor in unprocessed human plasma sample and MCF-7 breast cancer cell lysates using gold nanoparticle supported ?-cyclodextrin. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;108:69-80 pubmed publisher..As a result, the electrochemical aptasensor was able to detect cancer-related targets in unprocessed human plasma samples. ..
- Andersson M, Ostman A, Backstrom G, Hellman U, George Nascimento C, Westermark B, et al. Assignment of interchain disulfide bonds in platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and evidence for agonist activity of monomeric PDGF. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:11260-6 pubmed..Thus, structural information has been obtained that will allow the large scale production of properly folded monomeric PDGF, as well as design of specific PDGF heterodimers. ..
- Kamp H, Geilen C, Sommer C, Blume Peytavi U. Regulation of PDGF and PDGF receptor in cultured dermal papilla cells and follicular keratinocytes of the human hair follicle. Exp Dermatol. 2003;12:662-72 pubmed..The question concerning the latter hypothesis remains to be elucidated in further studies on whole organ cultures. ..
- Wang Z, Lin X, Qiu Q, Deuel T. Modulation of transcription of the platelet-derived growth factor A-chain gene by a promoter region sensitive to S1 nuclease. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:17022-31 pubmed..Differences in the levels of expression of the PDGF A-chain gene have been reported in both normal and transformed cell lines, suggesting that transcription of the PDGF ..
- Betsholtz C, Johnsson A, Heldin C, Westermark B, Lind P, Urdea M, et al. cDNA sequence and chromosomal localization of human platelet-derived growth factor A-chain and its expression in tumour cell lines. Nature. 1986;320:695-9 pubmed..The protein shows extensive homology to the PDGF B-chain precursor. Expression of the PDGF A-chain gene is independent of that of the PDGF B-chain in a number of human tumour cell lines, and secretion of a ..
- Somasundaram R, Schuppan D. Type I, II, III, IV, V, and VI collagens serve as extracellular ligands for the isoforms of platelet-derived growth factor (AA, BB, and AB). J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26884-91 pubmed..Our data are in accord with previous studies that localized PDGF in the extracellular matrix of fibroproliferative lesions and suggest that binding of PDGF to collagens may localize and modulate its biological activities. ..
- Isenberg J, Calzada M, Zhou L, Guo N, Lawler J, Wang X, et al. Endogenous thrombospondin-1 is not necessary for proliferation but is permissive for vascular smooth muscle cell responses to platelet-derived growth factor. Matrix Biol. 2005;24:110-23 pubmed
- Qin Y, Rezler E, Gokhale V, Sun D, Hurley L. Characterization of the G-quadruplexes in the duplex nuclease hypersensitive element of the PDGF-A promoter and modulation of PDGF-A promoter activity by TMPyP4. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:7698-713 pubmed..On the basis of these results, we have established that ligand-mediated stabilization of G-quadruplex structures within the PDGF-A NHE can silence PDGF-A expression. ..
- Ozgurtas T, Aydin I, Turan O, Koc E, Hirfanoglu I, Acikel C, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor, insulin-like growth factor-I and platelet-derived growth factor levels in human milk of mothers with term and preterm neonates. Cytokine. 2010;50:192-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that three of four angiogenic factors, VEGF, b-FGF and IGF-I, are higher concentration in human milk which collected from preterm mothers than those of terms. ..
- Nowak M, Wyczalkowska Tomasik A, Wlodarczyk Z, Paczek L. The role of the kidney in the systemic elimination of interleukin 6, platelet-derived growth factor and transforming growth factor beta. Cytokine. 2012;59:258-63 pubmed publisher..1%, 5.0% and 0.1% and TGF-? ratios amounted to -9%, -9% and 0%, respectively. The kidney takes part in the elimination of IL-6 and PDGF from systemic circulation. The kidney does not take part in the elimination of TGF-?. ..