Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PCBP4
Description: poly(rC) binding protein 4
Alias: CBP, LIP4, MCG10, poly(rC)-binding protein 4, LYST-interacting protein, RNA binding protein MCG10, alpha-CP4
- Yan W, Scoumanne A, Jung Y, Xu E, Zhang J, Zhang Y, et al. Mice deficient in poly(C)-binding protein 4 are susceptible to spontaneous tumors through increased expression of ZFP871 that targets p53 for degradation. Genes Dev. 2016;30:522-34 pubmed publisherPoly(C)-binding protein 4 (PCBP4), also called MCG10 and a target of p53, plays a role in the cell cycle and is implicated in lung tumor suppression...
- Ito Y, Narita N, Nomi N, Sugimoto C, Takabayashi T, Yamada T, et al. Suppression of Poly(rC)-Binding Protein 4 (PCBP4) reduced cisplatin resistance in human maxillary cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12360 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we specifically examined Poly(rC)-Binding Protein 4 (PCBP4), which reportedly induces G2/M arrest...
- Scoumanne A, Cho S, Zhang J, Chen X. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 is regulated by RNA-binding protein PCBP4 via mRNA stability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:213-24 pubmed publisher..b>PCBP4, also called MCG10, is an RBP belonging to the poly(C)-binding protein family and a target of p53 tumor suppressor...
- Steffens A, Jakoby M, Hulskamp M. Physical, Functional and Genetic Interactions between the BEACH Domain Protein SPIRRIG and LIP5 and SKD1 and Its Role in Endosomal Trafficking to the Vacuole in Arabidopsis. Front Plant Sci. 2017;8:1969 pubmed publisher..associated ATPase Suppressor of K+-transport growth defect1 (SKD1) and its positive regulator, LYST Interacting Protein 5 (LIP5) and report genetic interactions between SPI and SKD1 and LIP5...
- Chkheidze A, Liebhaber S. A novel set of nuclear localization signals determine distributions of the alphaCP RNA-binding proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8405-15 pubmed..This complexity of alphaCP distribution is likely to contribute to the diverse functions mediated by this group of abundant RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Ntostis P, Carter D, Iles D, Huntriss J, Tzetis M, Miller D. Potential sperm contributions to the murine zygote predicted by in silico analysis. Reproduction. 2017;154:777-788 pubmed publisher..At least five sperm RNAs (Hdac11, Fbxo2, Map1lc3a, Pcbp4 and Zfp821) met these requirements for a paternal contribution, which with complementary maternal co-..
- Leidgens S, Bullough K, Shi H, Li F, Shakoury Elizeh M, Yabe T, et al. Each member of the poly-r(C)-binding protein 1 (PCBP) family exhibits iron chaperone activity toward ferritin. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:17791-802 pubmed publisher..and ferritin in an iron-sensitive, ccc1 yeast strain intensified the toxic effects of iron, whereas expression of PCBP4 protected the cells from iron toxicity...
- Taylor W, Stark G. Regulation of the G2/M transition by p53. Oncogene. 2001;20:1803-15 pubmed..p53 induces transcription of the reprimo, B99, and mcg10 genes, all of which contribute to the arrest of cells in G2, but the mechanisms of cell cycle arrest by these ..