Gene Symbol: PAFAH2
Description: platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase 2
Alias: HSD-PLA2, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase 2, cytoplasmic, SD-PLA2, platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase 2, 40kDa, serine-dependent phospholipase A2
- Oligomeric state regulated trafficking of human platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase type-IIElizabeth S Monillas
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1854:469-75. 2015..It is hypothesized that the balance between monomer and dimer serves as a regulatory mechanism of a PAFAH-II oxidative stress response. ..
- "Association between platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase and diabetic retinopathy: Does inflammation affect the retinal status?"Marilita M Moschos
University Eye Clinic, General Hospital of Athens G Gennimatas, Greece Electronic address
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 122:69-72. 2016..To assess the role of plasma platelet activating factor acetylhydrolase (PAF-AH) in pathogenesis and progression of diabetic retinopathy (DR)...
- Oxidatively truncated phospholipids are required agents of tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα)-induced apoptosisCalivarathan Latchoumycandane
Department of Cell Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 287:17693-705. 2012..Truncated phospholipids were essential elements of TNFα-induced apoptosis because overexpression of PAFAH2 (a phospholipase A(2) that selectively hydrolyzes truncated phospholipids) blocked TNFα-induced Az-PC ..
- cDNA cloning and expression of intracellular platelet-activating factor (PAF) acetylhydrolase II. Its homology with plasma PAF acetylhydrolaseK Hattori
Department of Health Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:33032-8. 1996....
- Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolasesD M Stafforini
Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17895-8. 1997
- Expression, purification and characterization of a human serine-dependent phospholipase A2 with high specificity for oxidized phospholipids and platelet activating factorS Q Rice
Department of Biopharmaceutical Research U K, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park North, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, U K
Biochem J 330:1309-15. 1998Using expressed sequence tag (EST) homology screening, a new human serine dependent phospholipase A2 (HSD-PLA2) was identified that has 40% amino acid identity with human low density lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (LDL-PLA2)...
- Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolases: broad substrate specificity and lipoprotein binding does not modulate the catalytic properties of the plasma enzymeJ H Min
Department of Biochemistry and Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Biochemistry 40:4539-49. 2001....
- Identification of platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase II in human skinMariangela Marques
Department of Dermatology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, U S A
J Invest Dermatol 119:913-9. 2002....
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the plasma PAF acetylhydrolase gene and risk of atherosclerosis in Japanese patients with peripheral artery occlusive diseaseNaoki Unno
Second Department of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Surg Res 134:36-43. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the joint effect of the polymorphism and hypercholesterolemia on risk of atherosclerosis...
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 concentrations in plasma are associated with the extent of coronary artery disease and correlate to adipose tissue levels of marine n-3 fatty acidsErik Berg Schmidt
Department of Cardiology, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Aalborg Hospital, Arhus University Hospitals, Sdr Skovvej 15, 9100 Aalborg, Denmark
Atherosclerosis 196:420-4. 2008..The results support the view that Lp-PLA(2) may relate to CAD and that intake of marine n-3 fatty acids might reduce plasma Lp-PLA(2) suggesting another mechanism by which n-3 fatty acids could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease...
- Neuroprotective role of transgenic PAF-acetylhydrolase II in mouse models of focal cerebral ischemiaKimiko Umemura
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Toyama Faculty of Medicine, Toyama, Japan
Stroke 38:1063-8. 2007..We examined whether PAF-AH II can rescue cerebral neurons against ischemic insults...
- Protection against oxidative stress-induced hepatic injury by intracellular type II platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase by metabolism of oxidized phospholipids in vivoNozomu Kono
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:1628-36. 2008..In this study we investigated the functions of PAF-AH (II) by generating PAF-AH (II)-deficient (Pafah2(-/-)) mice...
- Click-generated triazole ureas as ultrapotent in vivo-active serine hydrolase inhibitorsAlexander Adibekian
The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Chem Biol 7:469-78. 2011..including peptidases (acyl-peptide hydrolase, or APEH), lipases (platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase-2, or PAFAH2) and uncharacterized hydrolases (α,β-hydrolase-11, or ABHD11), with exceptional potency in cells (sub-nanomolar) ..