Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p67phox
Description: neutrophil cytosolic factor 2
Alias: NCF-2, NOXA2, P67-PHOX, P67PHOX, neutrophil cytosol factor 2, 67 kDa neutrophil oxidase factor, NADPH oxidase activator 2, chronic granulomatous disease, autosomal 2, neutrophil NADPH oxidase factor 2, neutrophil cytosolic factor 2 (65kD, chronic granulomatous disease, autosomal 2)
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Tajik S, Badalzadeh M, Fazlollahi M, Houshmand M, Zandieh F, Khandan S, et al. A Novel CYBB Mutation in Chronic Granulomatous Disease in Iran. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016;15:426-429 pubmed..Mutation analysis of the CYBB gene in the patient indicated a one-nucleotide deletion, c.316delT, resulting in p.W106GfsX. ..
- Choudhury S, Ordaz J, Lo C, Damayanti N, Zhou F, Irudayaraj J. From the Cover: Zinc oxide Nanoparticles-Induced Reactive Oxygen Species Promotes Multimodal Cyto- and Epigenetic Toxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2017;156:261-274 pubmed publisher..The present study, hence, can be used as a platform for the assessment of epigenomic toxicity of ZnO-NPs in humans in the light of its use in commercial products. ..
- Pak V, Mazzotti D, Keenan B, Hirotsu C, Gehrman P, Bittencourt L, et al. Candidate gene analysis in the São Paulo Epidemiologic Sleep Study (EPISONO) shows an association of variant in PDE4D and sleepiness. Sleep Med. 2018;47:106-112 pubmed publisher..64 (0.50, 0.81); p = 0.0002]. We present data for a novel genetic association with sleepiness for an SNP on the PDE4D gene, rs12522161. ..
- Rinckel L, Faris S, Hitt N, Kleinberg M. Rac1 disrupts p67phox/p40phox binding: a novel role for Rac in NADPH oxidase activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:118-22 pubmed..Upon stimulation, a functional NADPH oxidase is assembled when the cytosolic proteins, Rac, p67phox, p47phox, and possibly p40phox, associate with the gp91phox and p22phox transmembrane proteins...
- Gentsch M, Kaczmarczyk A, van Leeuwen K, de Boer M, Kaus Drobek M, Dagher M, et al. Alu-repeat-induced deletions within the NCF2 gene causing p67-phox-deficient chronic granulomatous disease (CGD). Hum Mutat. 2010;31:151-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Alu-induced deletion of the TPR4 domain of p67-phox leads to loss of function and accelerated degradation of the protein, and thus represents a new mechanism causing p67-phox-deficient CGD. ..
- Guo S, Yao Q, Ke Z, Chen H, Wu J, Liu C. Resveratrol attenuates high glucose-induced oxidative stress and cardiomyocyte apoptosis through AMPK. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;412:85-94 pubmed publisher..And the protective effects of resveratrol are mostly mediated by AMPK related pathway. ..
- Zhao Q, Zhang J, Wang H. PGC-1Î± limits angiotensin II-induced rat vascular smooth muscle cells proliferation via attenuating NOX1-mediated generation of reactive oxygen species. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..Our data support a critical role for PGC-1Î± in the regulation of proliferation and migration of VSMCs, and provide a useful strategy to protect vessels against atherosclerosis. ..
- Shao D, Miao N, Li J. Involvement of spliced X-box binding protein 1 in renal fibrosis induced by unilateral ureteral obstruction in mice. Sheng Li Xue Bao. 2016;68:157-64 pubmed..These results suggest that XBP1S could be a potential therapeutic target for kidney fibrosis. ..
- Prigmore E, Ahmed S, Best A, Kozma R, Manser E, Segal A, et al. A 68-kDa kinase and NADPH oxidase component p67phox are targets for Cdc42Hs and Rac1 in neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10717-22 pubmed..Rac1 also activates superoxide production by the components (cytochrome b, p40phox, p67phox, and p47phox) of the neutrophil oxidase...
- PechÃ¡novÃ¡ O, JendekovÃ¡ L, VrankovÃ¡ S. Effect of chronic apocynin treatment on nitric oxide and reactive oxygen species production in borderline and spontaneous hypertension. Pharmacol Rep. 2009;61:116-22 pubmed..Protein expression of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) and NAD(P)H oxidase subunits p67phox and p22phox as well as concentration of cGMP were determined for the left ventricle...
- Pessach I, Shmelzer Z, Leto T, Dinauer M, Levy R. The C-terminal flavin domain of gp91phox bound to plasma membranes of granulocyte-like X-CGD PLB-985 cells is sufficient to anchor cytosolic oxidase components and support NADPH oxidase-associated diaphorase activity independent of cytosolic phosphol. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;80:630-9 pubmed..Therefore, the assembled membrane-bound oxidase complex encompassing the flavin domain of gp91(phox) provides a docking site for cPLA(2) but is not the site of AA-based regulation of oxidase activity. ..
- Chen Q, Zhang W, Ran H, Feng L, Yan H, Mu X, et al. PKCÎ´ and Î¸ possibly mediate FSH-induced mouse oocyte maturation via NOX-ROS-TACE cascade signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111423 pubmed publisher..of PKC Î´ and Î¸ prevented FSH-induced translocation of two cytosolic components of NOX, p47phox and p67phox, to the plasma membrane in cumulus cells...
- BÃ¼lbÃ¼l N, Pala E, Ä°ÄŸci Y, GÃ¶ÄŸebakan B, Ã–ztuzcu S, Cengiz B, et al. NADPH oxidase p22phox gene expression in ulcerative colitis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2014;25:634-8 pubmed publisher..oxidase, which catalyzes the formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in phagocytic cells, has five subunits: p67phox ("phox"refers to "phagocyte oxidase"), p47phox, p40phox, p22phox, and gp91phox (catalytic subunit)...
- Wenceslau C, McCarthy C, Szasz T, Webb R. Lipoxin A4 mediates aortic contraction via RHOA/RHO kinase, endothelial dysfunction and reactive oxygen species. J Vasc Res. 2014;51:407-17 pubmed publisher..of LXA4, ROS production was increased and protein expression of RhoA, phospho-myosin light chain, COX-2 and p67phox was higher...
- Armstrong D, Eisenstein M, Zidovetzki R, Jacob C. Systemic lupus erythematosus-associated neutrophil cytosolic factor 2 mutation affects the structure of NADPH oxidase complex. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:12595-602 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the high levels of conservation of all of the residues involved in these interactions. ..
- Zheleznova N, Yang C, Cowley A. Role of Nox4 and p67phox subunit of Nox2 in ROS production in response to increased tubular flow in the mTAL of Dahl salt-sensitive rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F450-8 pubmed publisher..The present study focused on the role of Nox4 and p67phox/Nox2 in the generation of H2O2 and O2 (·-) in the renal medullary thick ascending limb of Henle (mTAL) of SS ..
- Afrin M, Arumugam S, Rahman M, Karuppagounder V, Harima M, Suzuki H, et al. Curcumin reduces the risk of chronic kidney damage in mice with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis by modulating endoplasmic reticulum stress and MAPK signaling. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;49:161-167 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, curcumin markedly decreased NAD(P)H oxidase subunits (p67phox, p47phox, p22phox), nitrotyrosine and CYP2E1 renal protein expression as well as reduced pro-inflammatory ..
- Ming W, Li S, Billadeau D, Quilliam L, Dinauer M. The Rac effector p67phox regulates phagocyte NADPH oxidase by stimulating Vav1 guanine nucleotide exchange activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:312-23 pubmed
- Wen J, Ariyannur P, Ribeiro R, Tanaka M, Moffett J, Kirmani B, et al. Efficacy of N-Acetylserotonin and Melatonin in the EAE Model of Multiple Sclerosis. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2016;11:763-773 pubmed..The expression of the NADPH oxidase component p67phox and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) was increased in the EAE mice as compared with controls, and both drug ..
- Li H, Han X, Hu Z, Huang J, Chen J, Hixson J, et al. Associations of NADPH oxidase-related genes with blood pressure changes and incident hypertension: The GenSalt Study. J Hum Hypertens. 2018;32:287-293 pubmed publisher..84?×?10-4, PVEGAS?=?1.04?×?10-3). These findings suggested that NCF2 may play an important role in BP changes over time in the Han Chinese population. ..
- Massenet C, Chenavas S, Cohen Addad C, Dagher M, Brandolin G, Pebay Peyroula E, et al. Effects of p47phox C terminus phosphorylations on binding interactions with p40phox and p67phox. Structural and functional comparison of p40phox and p67phox SH3 domains. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13752-61 pubmed..This reaction is activated by association of cytosolic factors, p47phox and p67phox, and a small G protein Rac with the membranous flavocytochrome b558...
- Wang C, Kang J, Li Z. [Increased expression of NADPH oxidase p47-PHOX and p67-PHOX factor in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2007;30:265-8 pubmed..The level of superoxide anion of the blood neutrophils is associated with pulmonary fibrosis. There is an increased expression of NADPH oxidase p47(-PHOX) and p67(-PHOX) factor in IPF patients. ..
- Petit M, Guihot A, Grimaud L, Vessieres E, Toutain B, Menet M, et al. Resveratrol Improved Flow-Mediated Outward Arterial Remodeling in Ovariectomized Rats with Hypertrophic Effect at High Dose. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0146148 pubmed publisher..5-treated rats relaxation was increased by superoxide reduction and markers of oxidative stress (p67phox, GP91phox) were higher than in the 2 other groups...
- Zhang N, Yang Z, Xiang S, Jin Y, Wei W, Bian Z, et al. Nobiletin attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, and inflammatory in streptozotocin: induced diabetic cardiomyopathy. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;417:87-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study indicates that treatment with nobiletin mitigates cardiac dysfunction and interstitial fibrosis, and these beneficial of nobiletin may belong to the suppression of JNK, P38, and NF-?B signaling pathways. ..
- Muthuswamy R, Corman J, Dahl K, Chatta G, Kalinski P. Functional reprogramming of human prostate cancer to promote local attraction of effector CD8(+) T cells. Prostate. 2016;76:1095-105 pubmed publisher..Prostate 76:1095-1105, 2016. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Ben Farhat K, Ben Mustapha I, Ben Ali M, Rouault K, Hamami S, Mekki N, et al. A Founder Effect of c.257 + 2T > C Mutation in NCF2 Gene Underlies Severe Chronic Granulomatous Disease in Eleven Patients. J Clin Immunol. 2016;36:547-54 pubmed publisher..These findings correlated with the absence of functional p67phox protein as well as the absence of residual reactive oxygen intermediates (ROI) production...
- Lamark T, Perander M, Outzen H, Kristiansen K, Øvervatn A, Michaelsen E, et al. Interaction codes within the family of mammalian Phox and Bem1p domain-containing proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34568-81 pubmed..An interaction between the cell polarity scaffold protein Par6 and MEK5 was found. Furthermore, p62 interacts both with MEK5 and NBR1 in addition to the aPKCs. Evidence for involvement of p62 in MEK5-ERK5 signaling is presented. ..
- Paclet M, Berthier S, Kuhn L, Garin J, Morel F. Regulation of phagocyte NADPH oxidase activity: identification of two cytochrome b558 activation states. FASEB J. 2007;21:1244-55 pubmed..MRPs induce the switch between the partially and the fully "open" cytochrome b558 conformation. Moreover, their effect was independent of p67-phox. Data point out two potential cytochrome b558 activation states...
- Liu Y, Lei S, Gao X, Mao X, Wang T, Wong G, et al. PKC? inhibition with ruboxistaurin reduces oxidative stress and attenuates left ventricular hypertrophy and dysfunction in rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Clin Sci (Lond). 2012;122:161-73 pubmed publisher..normalized these changes with concomitant inhibition of PKC?2 activation and prevention of NADPH oxidase subunit p67phox membrane translocation and p22phox overexpression...
- Chou J, Hsu J, Bainter W, Al Attiyah R, Al Herz W, Geha R. A novel mutation in NCF2 associated with autoimmune disease and a solitary late-onset infection. Clin Immunol. 2015;161:128-30 pubmed publisher..This report highlights the importance of considering CGD in patients who present initially exclusively with autoimmune disease. ..
- Hsu S, Liou J, Cheng T, Peng S, Lin C, Chu Y, et al. beta-Naphthoflavone protects from peritonitis by reducing TNF-alpha-induced endothelial cell activation. Pharmacol Res. 2015;102:192-9 pubmed publisher..This results in reduced adhesion and transmigration of leukocytes in vitro and prevents the infiltration of leukocytes in a peritonitis model. Our findings also suggest that Î²-NF might prevent TNF-Î±-induced inflammation. ..
- Nagarkoti S, Dubey M, Awasthi D, Kumar V, Chandra T, Kumar S, et al. S-Glutathionylation of p47phox sustains superoxide generation in activated neutrophils. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2018;1865:444-454 pubmed publisher..In activated PMNs, cytosolic NOX-2 subunit p47phox following phosphorylation interacts with p67phox, p40phox and along with Rac2 translocate to the membrane...
- Wientjes F, Segal A. NADPH oxidase and the respiratory burst. Semin Cell Biol. 1995;6:357-65 pubmed..This review will describe the components of the electron-transport chain involved in the oxidase and the factors needed for its regulation. ..
- Patiño P, Rae J, Noack D, Erickson R, Ding J, de Olarte D, et al. Molecular characterization of autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease caused by a defect of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (reduced form) oxidase component p67-phox. Blood. 1999;94:2505-14 pubmed..Thus, this heterogeneous group of mutations in p67-phox all lead to marked instability of mRNA or protein (or both) that results in the complete loss of NADPH oxidase activity. ..
- An L, An S, Wei X, Fu S, Wu H. Atorvastatin improves cardiac function of rats with chronic cardiac failure via inhibiting Rac1/P47phox/P67phox-mediated ROS release. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:3940-6 pubmed..In addition, the Rac1 activity in the myocardium and the expression levels of Rac1, p47phox and p67phox were measured by RT-PCR and western blot...
- Zollbrecht C, Persson A, Lundberg J, Weitzberg E, Carlström M. Nitrite-mediated reduction of macrophage NADPH oxidase activity is dependent on xanthine oxidoreductase-derived nitric oxide but independent of S-nitrosation. Redox Biol. 2016;10:119-127 pubmed publisher..Reduced NOX activity was not attributed to decreased NOX gene expression. However, protein levels of p47phox and p67phox subunits were reduced by nitrite in activated macrophages...
- Xiao L, Liu L, Guo X, Zhang S, Wang J, Zhou F, et al. Quercetin attenuates high fat diet-induced atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E knockout mice: A critical role of NADPH oxidase. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;105:22-33 pubmed publisher..reduced the atherosclerotic plaque area, alleviated the systemic oxidative stress, and suppressed aortic p47phox, p67phox expressions but partially reversed the NOX4 expression as compared to those in the HFD group...
- Khan T, Kalsoom K, Iqbal A, Asif H, Rahman H, Farooq S, et al. A novel missense mutation in the NADPH binding domain of CYBB abolishes the NADPH oxidase activity in a male patient with increased susceptibility to infections. Microb Pathog. 2016;100:163-169 pubmed publisher..This work expands the genetic spectrum of X-linked CGD and demonstrates improvement in macrophage function in X91+CGD patient by rhIFN-?. ..
- Li S, Valente A, Wang L, Gamez M, Clark R. Transcriptional regulation of the p67phox gene: role of AP-1 in concert with myeloid-specific transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39368-78 pubmed..These data show that full p67(phox) promoter activity requires cooperation between myeloid-specific and nonmyeloid transcription factors, with AP-1 being the most critical for function. ..
- Dahan I, Issaeva I, Gorzalczany Y, Sigal N, Hirshberg M, Pick E. Mapping of functional domains in the p22(phox) subunit of flavocytochrome b(559) participating in the assembly of the NADPH oxidase complex by "peptide walking". J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8421-32 pubmed..A revised membrane topology model of p22(phox) is proposed, the core of which is the presence of a functionally important cytosolic loop (residues 51-91). ..
- Peng Y, Pu J, Tang C, Wu Z. Curcumin Inhibits Heat-Induced Apoptosis by Suppressing NADPH Oxidase 2 and Activating the Akt/mTOR Signaling Pathway in Bronchial Epithelial Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2091-2103 pubmed publisher..Levels of Bcl2, Bax, ?-ATP, cleaved Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), cleaved caspase-3, gp91phox, p47phox, p67phox, p22phox, p40phox, and Rac were determined by Western blotting. TUNEL staining was used to determine apoptosis...
- Grogan A, Reeves E, Keep N, Wientjes F, Totty N, Burlingame A, et al. Cytosolic phox proteins interact with and regulate the assembly of coronin in neutrophils. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 24):3071-81 pubmed..Oxidase specific proteins in the cytosol, p47phox and p67phox, as well as the small GTP binding protein p21rac are important for activation of superoxide production...
- Mizuki K, Takeya R, Kuribayashi F, Nobuhisa I, Kohda D, Nunoi H, et al. A region C-terminal to the proline-rich core of p47phox regulates activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase by interacting with the C-terminal SH3 domain of p67phox. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;444:185-94 pubmed
- Nitti M, Furfaro A, Cevasco C, Traverso N, Marinari U, Pronzato M, et al. PKC delta and NADPH oxidase in retinoic acid-induced neuroblastoma cell differentiation. Cell Signal. 2010;22:828-35 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the activation of PKC delta and NADPH oxidase as crucial steps in RA-induced neuroblastoma cell differentiation. ..
- Leśniańska K, Perec Matysiak A, Hildebrand J, Buńkowska Gawlik K, Piróg A, Popiołek M. Cryptosporidium spp. and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in introduced raccoons (Procyon lotor)-first evidence from Poland and Germany. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:4535-4541 pubmed..lotor has not been observed yet. To our knowledge, there has been no literature data on the above genotypes detected previously in humans or animals from the examined study sites so far. ..
- SchrÃ¶der K, Weissmann N, Brandes R. Organizers and activators: Cytosolic Nox proteins impacting on vascular function. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;109:22-32 pubmed publisher..These are p47phox and its homologue NoxO1 and p67phox and its homologue NoxA1...
- Lapouge K, Smith S, Walker P, Gamblin S, Smerdon S, Rittinger K. Structure of the TPR domain of p67phox in complex with Rac.GTP. Mol Cell. 2000;6:899-907 pubmedb>p67phox is an essential part of the NADPH oxidase, a multiprotein enzyme complex that produces superoxide ions in response to microbial infection...
- Lee P, West C, Crain K, Wang L. Genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to lung disease. J Negat Results Biomed. 2006;5:5 pubmed..Examination of 45 non-synonymous polymorphisms in ten genes: p47phox (NCF1), p67phox (NCF2), p40phox (NCF4), p22phox (CYBA), gp91phox (CYBB), DUOX1, DUOX2, TLR2, TLR9 and alpha 1-antitrypsin (AAT) ..
- Dorseuil O, Gacon G. [Signal transduction by Rac small G proteins in phagocytes]. C R Seances Soc Biol Fil. 1997;191:237-46 pubmed..enzyme, minimally requires assembly at the membrane with flavocytochrome b258 of cytosolic components p47phox, p67phox and Rac proteins...
- Grandvaux N, Grizot S, Vignais P, Dagher M. The Ku70 autoantigen interacts with p40phox in B lymphocytes. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 4):503-13 pubmed..We also show that the two NADPH oxidase activating factors, p47phox and p67phox are substrates for DNA-PK in vitro and that they are present together with p40phox in the nucleus of B cells...
- Rush J, Laughlin M, Woodman C, Price E. SOD-1 expression in pig coronary arterioles is increased by exercise training. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;279:H2068-76 pubmed..dependent dilation previously observed in EX porcine coronary arterioles by improving management of superoxide in the vascular cell environment, thus prolonging the biological half-life of NO...
- Dang P, Cross A, Babior B. Assembly of the neutrophil respiratory burst oxidase: a direct interaction between p67PHOX and cytochrome b558. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:3001-5 pubmed..Rac1-GTP or Rac1-GDP increased the binding of p67(PHOX) to cytochrome b(558), suggesting that at least one of the oxidase-related functions of Rac1 is to promote the interaction between p67(PHOX) and cytochrome b(558). ..
- McAdara Berkowitz J, Catz S, Johnson J, Ruedi J, Thon V, Babior B. JFC1, a novel tandem C2 domain-containing protein associated with the leukocyte NADPH oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18855-62 pubmed..From the data presented here, it is proposed that JFC1 is acting as an adaptor protein between phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase products and the oxidase cytosolic complex. ..
- Dang P, Cross A, Quinn M, Babior B. Assembly of the neutrophil respiratory burst oxidase: a direct interaction between p67PHOX and cytochrome b558 II. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:4262-5 pubmedActivation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase complex requires assembly of the cytosolic factors p47PHOX, p67PHOX, p40PHOX, and Rac with the membrane-bound cytochrome b558...
- Leavey P, Gonzalez Aller C, Thurman G, Kleinberg M, Rinckel L, Ambruso D, et al. A 29-kDa protein associated with p67phox expresses both peroxiredoxin and phospholipase A2 activity and enhances superoxide anion production by a cell-free system of NADPH oxidase activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45181-7 pubmed..Thus, p29 is a novel protein that associates with p67 and has peroxiredoxin activity. This protein has a potential role in protecting the NADPH oxidase by inactivating H(2)O(2) or altering signaling pathways affected by H(2)O(2). ..
- Takeshita F, Ishii K, Kobiyama K, Kojima Y, Coban C, Sasaki S, et al. TRAF4 acts as a silencer in TLR-mediated signaling through the association with TRAF6 and TRIF. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:2477-85 pubmed..These results suggest that TRAF4 participates in the molecular mechanism underlying silencing of TLR-mediated signaling through the interaction with molecules harboring phagosome/endosome membrane. ..
- Gauss K, Bunger P, Crawford M, McDermott B, Swearingen R, Nelson Overton L, et al. Variants of the 5'-untranslated region of human NCF2: expression and translational efficiency. Gene. 2006;366:169-79 pubmed..These studies suggest that expression of p67(phox) is regulated through mechanisms that include modulation of transcription and translation. ..
- Marty C, Kozasa T, Quinn M, Ye R. Activation state-dependent interaction between Galphai and p67phox. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5190-200 pubmed..We report here that the Galphai subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins is a novel binding partner for p67phox in transfected HEK293T cells and peripheral blood polymorphonuclear leukocytes...
- Thandavarayan R, Watanabe K, Ma M, Gurusamy N, Veeraveedu P, Konishi T, et al. Dominant-negative p38alpha mitogen-activated protein kinase prevents cardiac apoptosis and remodeling after streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitus. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H911-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data establish that p38alpha MAPK activity is required for cardiac remodeling after diabetes induction and suggest that p38alpha MAPK may promote cardiomyocyte apoptosis by downregulation of Bcl-X(L). ..
- Wang X, Son Y, Chang Q, Sun L, Hitron J, Budhraja A, et al. NADPH oxidase activation is required in reactive oxygen species generation and cell transformation induced by hexavalent chromium. Toxicol Sci. 2011;123:399-410 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that NOX plays an important role in Cr(VI)-induced ROS generation and carcinogenesis...
- Woolery A, Yu X, Labaer J, Orth K. AMPylation of Rho GTPases subverts multiple host signaling processes. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:32977-88 pubmed publisher..We conclude that AMPylation of Rho Family GTPases by VopS results in diverse inhibitory consequences during infection beyond the most obvious phenotype, the collapse of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Dahan I, Smith S, Pick E. A Cys-Gly-Cys triad in the dehydrogenase region of Nox2 plays a key role in the interaction with p67phox. J Leukoc Biol. 2015;98:859-74 pubmed publisher..The 2 regions interact with distinct partner sites in p67(phox). ..
- Singh A, Singh V, Tiwari R, Chandra T, Kumar A, Dikshit M, et al. The IRAK-ERK-p67phox-Nox-2 axis mediates TLR4, 2-induced ROS production for IL-1Î² transcription and processing in monocytes. Cell Mol Immunol. 2016;13:745-763 pubmed publisher..the role of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK), extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK), p67phox and Nox-2 in TLR4- and TLR2-induced ROS generation during interleukin-1 beta (IL-1Î²) transcription, processing,..
- Leto T, Lomax K, Volpp B, Nunoi H, Sechler J, Nauseef W, et al. Cloning of a 67-kD neutrophil oxidase factor with similarity to a noncatalytic region of p60c-src. Science. 1990;248:727-30 pubmed
- Kenney R, Leto T. A HindIII polymorphism in the human NCF2 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:7193 pubmed
- Tamura M, Kai T, Tsunawaki S, Lambeth J, Kameda K. Direct interaction of actin with p47(phox) of neutrophil NADPH oxidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:1186-90 pubmed..Far-Western blotting using cytosol as a target showed an interaction between actin and endogenous p47(phox) and rac proteins. These results suggest that actin can directly interact with p47(phox) and possibly with rac in the cells. ..
- Ito T, Matsui Y, Ago T, Ota K, Sumimoto H. Novel modular domain PB1 recognizes PC motif to mediate functional protein-protein interactions. EMBO J. 2001;20:3938-46 pubmed..This domain-swapping experiment demonstrates that Bem1p function requires interaction with Cdc24p, in which the PB1 domain and the PC motif participate as responsible modules. ..
- Gauss K, Bunger P, Quinn M. AP-1 is essential for p67(phox) promoter activity. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;71:163-72 pubmed..In support of this conclusion, mutagenesis of all three sites completely abrogated transcriptional activity. ..
- Gorzalczany Y, Alloul N, Sigal N, Weinbaum C, Pick E. A prenylated p67phox-Rac1 chimera elicits NADPH-dependent superoxide production by phagocyte membranes in the absence of an activator and of p47phox: conversion of a pagan NADPH oxidase to monotheism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:18605-10 pubmed
- Zhao X, Xu B, Bhattacharjee A, Oldfield C, Wientjes F, Feldman G, et al. Protein kinase Cdelta regulates p67phox phosphorylation in human monocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:414-20 pubmedPhosphorylation of the reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase components p67phox and p47phox accompanies the assembly and activation of this enzyme complex...
- Gómez L, Patiño P, Novaira H, Morales M, Condino Neto A. A single nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of theNCF-2 gene. Am J Hematol. 2007;82:1124-5 pubmed
- Bissonnette S, Glazier C, Stewart M, Brown G, Ellson C, Yaffe M. Phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate-dependent and -independent functions of p40phox in activation of the neutrophil NADPH oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2108-19 pubmed..We present a model where p40(phox) translocates p67(phox) to the region of the cytochrome and subsequently switches the oxidase to an activated state dependent upon PtdIns(3)P and SH3 domain engagement. ..
- Kannengiesser C, Gerard B, El Benna J, Henri D, Kroviarski Y, Chollet Martin S, et al. Molecular epidemiology of chronic granulomatous disease in a series of 80 kindreds: identification of 31 novel mutations. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:E132-49 pubmed publisher..We observed that significantly fewer females were affected by autosomal recessive CGD than expected (2 females/14 males; p=0.002), suggesting that female patients with CGD may be under diagnosed. ..
- Bhatti P, Stewart P, Hutchinson A, Rothman N, Linet M, Inskip P, et al. Lead exposure, polymorphisms in genes related to oxidative stress, and risk of adult brain tumors. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1841-8 pubmed publisher..Although the results of this study provide some evidence that lead may cause glioblastoma multiforme and meningioma through mechanisms related to oxidative damage, the results must be confirmed in other populations. ..
- Yu B, Chen Y, Wu Q, Li P, Shao Y, Zhang J, et al. The association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms of NCF2 and systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese mainland population. Clin Rheumatol. 2011;30:521-7 pubmed publisher..17-1.95) and anti-DNA (p?=?0.013, OR?=?1.40, and 95%CI?=?1.07-1.82). Polymorphisms of rs13277113 in NCF2 gene were associated with arthritis and autoantibody production, but not disease risk, of SLE in Chinese population. ..
- Tlili A, Erard M, Faure M, Baudin X, Piolot T, Dupre Crochet S, et al. Stable accumulation of p67phox at the phagosomal membrane and ROS production within the phagosome. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:83-95 pubmed publisher..These data support the critical role of p67(phox) for ROS production on the level of individual phagosomes. ..
- La Favor J, Dubis G, Yan H, White J, Nelson M, Anderson E, et al. Microvascular Endothelial Dysfunction in Sedentary, Obese Humans Is Mediated by NADPH Oxidase: Influence of Exercise Training. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2412-2420 pubmed..Furthermore, aerobic exercise training proved to be an effective strategy for alleviating these maladies. ..
- Miller T, Lee D, Giefer M, Wahbeh G, Suskind D. Nutritional Therapy in Very Early-Onset Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Case Report. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:2196-2200 pubmed publisher..We describe two cases in which infants presenting with VEO-IBD achieved clinical remission using exclusive enteral nutrition, a formula-based diet which has been shown to induce remission in older children with active Crohn's disease. ..
- Liu H, Liu J, Li H, Peng Y, Zhao S. Mimicking hypersensitivity pneumonitis as an uncommon initial presentation of chronic granulomatous disease in children. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2017;12:169 pubmed publisher..A prompt diagnosis of CGD is essential to enable initiation of prophylactic antibacterial and antifungal therapies. ..
- DeLeo F, Quinn M. Assembly of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: molecular interaction of oxidase proteins. J Leukoc Biol. 1996;60:677-91 pubmed
- Takeya R, Ueno N, Kami K, Taura M, Kohjima M, Izaki T, et al. Novel human homologues of p47phox and p67phox participate in activation of superoxide-producing NADPH oxidases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25234-46 pubmed..The cytochrome becomes activated by interacting with the adaptor proteins p47phox and p67phox as well as the small GTPase Rac...
- Cheng G, Ritsick D, Lambeth J. Nox3 regulation by NOXO1, p47phox, and p67phox. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34250-5 pubmed..The unique regulation of Nox3 supports a model in which multiple interactions with regulatory subunits stabilize an active conformation of the catalytic subunit. ..
- Kerkhoff C, Nacken W, Benedyk M, Dagher M, Sopalla C, Doussiere J. The arachidonic acid-binding protein S100A8/A9 promotes NADPH oxidase activation by interaction with p67phox and Rac-2. FASEB J. 2005;19:467-9 pubmed..revealed that S100A8 is the privileged interaction partner for the NADPH oxidase complex since it bound to p67phox and Rac, whereas S100A9 did interact with neither p67phox nor p47phox...
- Li X, Tian W, Stull N, Grinstein S, Atkinson S, Dinauer M. A fluorescently tagged C-terminal fragment of p47phox detects NADPH oxidase dynamics during phagocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1520-32 pubmed publisher..This study defines a sequence of events during phagocytosis-induced NADPH oxidase assembly and provides experimental evidence that intermolecular interactions within this complex are dynamic and modulated after assembly on phagosomes. ..
- Lee J, Park A, Lee K, Park S, Han S, Han W, et al. Candidate gene approach evaluates association between innate immunity genes and breast cancer risk in Korean women. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1528-31 pubmed publisher..004, respectively). This study suggests that common genetic variants in the OR10J3 and FCER1A be strongly associated with breast cancer risk among Korean women. ..