Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p300
Description: E1A binding protein p300
Alias: KAT3B, RSTS2, p300, E1A-associated protein p300, E1A-binding protein, 300kD, histone acetyltransferase p300, p300 HAT
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- The transcriptional coactivators p300 and CBP are histone acetyltransferasesV V Ogryzko
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2753, USA
Cell 87:953-9. 1996b>p300/CBP is a transcriptional adaptor that integrates signals from many sequence-specific activators via direct interactions. Various cellular and viral factors target p300/CBP to modulate transcription and/or cell cycle progression...
- Activation of p53 sequence-specific DNA binding by acetylation of the p53 C-terminal domainW Gu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 90:595-606. 1997..Remarkably, the site of p53 that is acetylated by its coactivator, p300, resides in a C-terminal domain known to be critical for the regulation of p53 DNA binding...
- CBP/p300-mediated acetylation of histone H3 on lysine 56Chandrima Das
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, PO Box 6511, Aurora Colorado 80045, USA
Nature 459:113-7. 2009..Here we demonstrate that the histone acetyl transferase CBP (also known as Nejire) in flies and CBP and p300 (Ep300) in humans acetylate H3K56, whereas Drosophila Sir2 and human SIRT1 and SIRT2 deacetylate H3K56ac...
- A p300/CBP-associated factor that competes with the adenoviral oncoprotein E1AX J Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2753, USA
Nature 382:319-24. 1996The adenoviral oncoprotein E1A induces progression through the cell cycle by binding to the products of the p300/CBP and retinoblastoma gene families...
- Molecular cloning and functional analysis of the adenovirus E1A-associated 300-kD protein (p300) reveals a protein with properties of a transcriptional adaptorR Eckner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Genes Dev 8:869-84. 1994..Among these are the retinoblastoma protein, p107, p130, and p300. We have isolated a cDNA encoding full-length human p300 and mapped the chromosomal location of the gene to ..
- Mutations truncating the EP300 acetylase in human cancersS A Gayther
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 24:300-3. 2000..Our data show that EP300 is mutated in epithelial cancers and provide the first evidence that it behaves as a classical tumour-suppressor gene...
- Interaction and functional collaboration of p300 and C/EBPbetaS Mink
Hans Spemann Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Freiburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 17:6609-17. 1997Transcriptional coactivators such as p300 and CREB-binding protein (CBP) function as important elements in the transcription factor network, linking individual transactivators via protein-protein interactions to the basal transcriptional ..
- Regulation of the p300 HAT domain via a novel activation loopPaul R Thompson
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:308-15. 2004..However, the molecular events that regulate p300 HAT activity are poorly understood...
- p300 mediates androgen-independent transactivation of the androgen receptor by interleukin 6Jose D Debes
Departments of Urology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 62:5632-6. 2002..The coactivator p300 has been shown to interact with the AR during its androgen-dependent transactivation...
- Absence of p300 induces cellular phenotypic changes characteristic of epithelial to mesenchyme transitionD Krubasik
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Br J Cancer 94:1326-32. 2006b>p300 is a transcriptional cofactor and prototype histone acetyltransferase involved in regulating multiple cellular processes. We generated p300 deficient (p300-) cells from the colon carcinoma cell line HCT116 by gene targeting...
- Activator-dependent transcription from chromatin in vitro involving targeted histone acetylation by p300T K Kundu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 6:551-61. 2000The transcriptional coactivator p300 shows physical and functional interactions with a diverse group of activators and contains an intrinsic acetyltransferase activity whose exact coactivator functions in the acetylation of nucleosomal ..
- Complex regulation of the transactivation function of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha by direct interaction with two distinct domains of the CREB-binding protein/p300Jorge L Ruas
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Von Eulers vag 3, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 285:2601-9. 2010..domain of HIF-1 alpha has been shown to interact with cysteine/histidine-rich region 1 (CH1) of the coactivator CBP/p300 in a hypoxia-dependent manner...
- p300-mediated acetylation of histone H3 lysine 56 functions in DNA damage response in mammalsRahul K Vempati
Department of Biology, Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Hyderabad 500046, India
J Biol Chem 285:28553-64. 2010..We also demonstrate that the histone acetyltransferase p300 acetylates H3K56 in vitro and in vivo, whereas hSIRT2 and hSIRT3 deacetylate H3K56ac in vivo...
- Regulation of the ER81 transcription factor and its coactivators by mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 1 (MSK1)Ralf Janknecht
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 22:746-55. 2003..Consistently, MSK1 interacts with two homologous coactivators of ER81, CBP and p300, and stimulates the transactivation domains of CBP...
- Two contact regions between Stat1 and CBP/p300 in interferon gamma signalingJ J Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:15092-6. 1996..We show here that Stat1 can directly interact with the CREB-binding protein (CBP)/p300 family of transcriptional coactivators...
- DNA damage-dependent acetylation of p73 dictates the selective activation of apoptotic target genesAntonio Costanzo
Laboratory of Gene Expression, Fondazione Andrea Cesalpino, University of Rome La Sapienza, 00161, Rome, Italy
Mol Cell 9:175-86. 2002..Here, we show that DNA damage induces the acetylation of p73 by the acetyltransferase p300. Inhibiting the enzymatic activity of p300 hampers apoptosis in a p53(-/-) background...
- Adenoviral E1A-associated protein p300 as a functional homologue of the transcriptional co-activator CBPJ R Lundblad
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Nature 374:85-8. 1995..in CREB binding and transcriptional activation are highly related to the adenoviral E1A-associated cellular protein p300 (refs 2, 3), and to two hypothetical proteins from Caenorhabditis elegans, R10E11.1 and K03H1...
- CBP and p300 are cytoplasmic E4 polyubiquitin ligases for p53Dingding Shi
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School and University of Massachusetts Memorial Cancer Center, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16275-80. 2009b>p300 and CREB-binding protein (CBP) act as multifunctional regulators of p53 via acetylase and polyubiquitin ligase (E4) activities...
- A transcription cofactor required for the heat-shock responseDanmei Xu
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Medical Sciences Division, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
EMBO Rep 9:662-9. 2008The Stress-responsive activator of p300 (Strap) is a transcription cofactor that has an important role in the control of DNA damage response through its ability to regulate p53 activity...
- The phosphorylation status of nuclear NF-kappa B determines its association with CBP/p300 or HDAC-1Haihong Zhong
Immunobiology Section and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cell 9:625-36. 2002..Our results demonstrate that phosphorylation of p65 determines whether it associates with either CBP or HDAC-1, ensuring that only p65 entering the nucleus from cytoplasmic NF-kappa B:Ikappa B complexes can activate transcription...
- Associations of genetic variants in the estrogen receptor coactivators PPARGC1A, PPARGC1B and EP300 with familial breast cancerMichael Wirtenberger
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, Helmholtz University Group Molecular Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 27:2201-8. 2006..Owing to their impact on estrogen signaling, these polymorphisms might also influence adjuvant anti-estrogen therapy, using agents such as tamoxifen and raloxifen, and outcome of breast cancer patients...
- Asparagine hydroxylation of the HIF transactivation domain a hypoxic switchDavid Lando
Department of Molecular Biosciences Biochemistry, Adelaide University, SA 5005, Australia
Science 295:858-61. 2002..dioxygenases prevented hydroxylation of the Asn, thus allowing the CAD to interact with the p300 transcription coactivator...
- Regulation of human SRY subcellular distribution by its acetylation/deacetylationLaurie Thevenet
Human Molecular Genetics Group, Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR 1142, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 23:3336-45. 2004..In this study, we demonstrate that interaction of the human SRY with histone acetyltransferase p300 induces the acetylation of SRY both in vitro and in vivo at a single conserved lysine residue...
- Relief of YY1 transcriptional repression by adenovirus E1A is mediated by E1A-associated protein p300J S Lee
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 9:1188-98. 1995..of E1A to relieve YY1 repression was impaired by mutations that affect E1A binding to its associated protein p300. This suggests that E1A may modulate the repressor activity of YY1 by binding to p300, which may be physically ..
- Intracellular distribution of p300 and its differential recruitment to aggresomes in breast cancerMaría E Fermento
Laboratorio de Biología Básica del Cáncer, Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas Bahía Blanca INIBIBB CONICET, Camino La Carrindanga Km 7, 8000, Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Exp Mol Pathol 88:256-64. 2010It has been recently suggested that p300 cytoplasmic redistribution and degradation are important for controlling the availability and activity of the protein as a transcriptional coactivator...
- DNA damage activates p53 through a phosphorylation-acetylation cascadeK Sakaguchi
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genes Dev 12:2831-41. 1998..p53 is acetylated in vitro at separate sites by two different histone acetyltransferases (HATs), the coactivators p300 and PCAF...
- p300/CREB-binding protein interacts with ATR and is required for the DNA replication checkpointDaniel Stauffer
Department of Biochemistry, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 282:9678-87. 2007The highly related acetyltransferases, p300 and CREB-binding protein (CBP) are coactivators of signal-responsive transcriptional activation...
- p300 and PCAF act cooperatively to mediate transcriptional activation from chromatin templates by notch intracellular domains in vitroAnnika E Wallberg
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7812-9. 2002..This report investigates the Notch IC-interacting proteins, p300, PCAF, and Mastermind-like 1 (MAML1), in an in vitro transcription system with purified factors and naked DNA or ..
- Role of Akt/protein kinase B in the activity of transcriptional coactivator p300J Chen
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, 725 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4E9, Canada
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:1675-83. 2004..The function of transcriptional coactivator p300 is required by many transcription factors to either activate or repress gene expression...
- Acetylation of Dna2 endonuclease/helicase and flap endonuclease 1 by p300 promotes DNA stability by creating long flap intermediatesLata Balakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4398-404. 2010..Acetylation of FEN1 by p300 inhibits its endonuclease activity, impairing flap cleavage, a seemingly undesirable effect...
- Acetylation of RelA at discrete sites regulates distinct nuclear functions of NF-kappaBLin Feng Chen
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94141, USA
EMBO J 21:6539-48. 2002..We now demonstrate that the p300 and CBP acetyltransferases play a major role in the in vivo acetylation of RelA, principally targeting lysines 218, ..
- The HTLV-1 tax protein cooperates with phosphorylated CREB, TORC2 and p300 to activate CRE-dependent cyclin D1 transcriptionY M Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1870, USA
Oncogene 29:2142-52. 2010..of phosphorylated CREB (pCREB) in vitro, and together the Tax-pCREB complex recruits the cellular co-activator p300 to the promoter through this unconventional Tax-responsive element...
- Regulation of transcription factor YY1 by acetylation and deacetylationY L Yao
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Interdisciplinary Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5979-91. 2001..Previous studies have established that YY1 interacts with histone acetyltransferases p300 and CREB-binding protein (CBP) and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), HDAC2, and HDAC3...
- Cockayne syndrome A and B proteins differentially regulate recruitment of chromatin remodeling and repair factors to stalled RNA polymerase II in vivoMaria Fousteri
Department of Toxicogenetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Einthovenweg 20, 2333 RC Leiden
Mol Cell 23:471-82. 2006..CSB fulfills a key role as a coupling factor to attract histone acetyltransferase p300, nucleotide excision repair (NER) proteins, and CSA-DDB1 E3-ubiquitin ligase complex with the COP9 ..
- The transcription factors GATA4 and dHAND physically interact to synergistically activate cardiac gene expression through a p300-dependent mechanismYan Shan Dai
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 277:24390-8. 2002..This transcriptional synergy observed between GATA4 and dHAND was associated with p300 recruitment, but not with alterations in DNA binding activity of either factor...
- The proline repeat domain of p53 binds directly to the transcriptional coactivator p300 and allosterically controls DNA-dependent acetylation of p53David Dornan
Cancer Research UK Laboratories, p53 Signal Transduction Group, Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 23:8846-61. 2003The transcription coactivator p300 cannot acetylate native p53 tetramers, thus revealing intrinsic conformational constraints on p300-catalyzed acetylation...
- Stat3 dimerization regulated by reversible acetylation of a single lysine residueZheng Long Yuan
Department of Surgery, Brown University Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Science 307:269-73. 2005..b>Histone acetyltransferase p300-mediated Stat3 acetylation on Lys685 was reversible by type I histone deacetylase (HDAC)...
- E6 oncoprotein represses p53-dependent gene activation via inhibition of protein acetylation independently of inducing p53 degradationMary C Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Cell 17:251-64. 2005..We demonstrate that E6 does not prevent p53 or p300 recruitment to the chromatin but inhibits p300-mediated acetylation on p53 and nucleosomal core histones...
- HIV transcriptional activation by the accessory protein, VPR, is mediated by the p300 co-activatorL K Felzien
Departments of Internal Medicine and Biological Chemistry, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0650, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5281-6. 1998..HIV transcription correlates with its ability to induce G2/M growth arrest, and this effect is mediated by the p300 transcriptional co-activator, which promotes cooperative interactions between the Rel A subunit of NF-kappaB and ..
- Polyubiquitination of p53 by a ubiquitin ligase activity of p300Steven R Grossman
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 300:342-4. 2003Rapid turnover of the tumor suppressor protein p53 requires the MDM2 ubiquitin ligase, and both interact with p300-CREB-binding protein transcriptional coactivator proteins...
- Human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 p30(II) regulates gene transcription by binding CREB binding protein/p300W Zhang
Center for Retrovirus Research and Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Arthur James Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Virol 75:9885-95. 2001The highly conserved coadapters CREB binding protein (CBP) and p300 form complexes with CREB as well as other DNA binding transcription factors to modulate chromatin remodeling and thus transcription...
- Acetylation of the human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Tax oncoprotein by p300 promotes activation of the NF-kappaB pathwayJulie Lodewick
Institute for Microbiological Research J M Wiame and Laboratory of Microbiology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1, avenue Emile Gryson, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Virology 386:68-78. 2009..a pool of Tax molecules acetylated on lysine residue at amino acid position 346 by the transcriptional coactivator p300. Phosphorylation of Tax on serine residues 300/301 was a prerequisite for Tax localization in the nucleus and ..
- Human ING1 proteins differentially regulate histone acetylationDiego Vieyra
Department of Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:29832-9. 2002..interact with proteins associated with histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity, such as TRRAP, PCAF, CBP, and p300. Human ING1 immunocomplexes contain HAT activity, and overexpression of p33(ING1b), but not of p47(ING1a), induces ..
- Structural basis of lysine-acetylated HIV-1 Tat recognition by PCAF bromodomainShiraz Mujtaba
Structural Biology Program, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell 9:575-86. 2002..activity is dependent on lysine acetylation and its association with nuclear histone acetyltransferases p300/CBP (CREB binding protein) and p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF)...
- A p300 protein as a coactivator of GATA-6 in the transcription of the smooth muscle-myosin heavy chain geneH Wada
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:25330-5. 2000..In addition, we show that the transcriptional coactivator p300 associated with GATA-6 during the transcription of the Sm-MHC gene...
- Association of CBP/p300 acetylase and thymine DNA glycosylase links DNA repair and transcriptionMarc Tini
Gene Expression Laboratory, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell 9:265-77. 2002..We report that TDG associates with transcriptional coactivators CBP and p300 and that the resulting complexes are competent for both the excision step of repair and histone acetylation...
- Cooperation of Sp1 and p300 in the induction of the CDK inhibitor p21WAF1/CIP1 during NGF-mediated neuronal differentiationN Billon
Differentiation and Cell Cycle Group, Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, UMR 49 CNRS Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, France
Oncogene 18:2872-82. 1999..The addition of NGF resulted in an accumulation of the transcriptional co-activator p300 in complexes associated with the NGF-responsive region...
- Binding and modulation of p53 by p300/CBP coactivatorsN L Lill
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 387:823-7. 1997The adenovirus E1A and SV40 large-T-antigen oncoproteins bind to members of the p300/CBP transcriptional coactivator family. Binding of p300/CBP is implicated in the transforming mechanisms of E1A and T-antigen oncoproteins...
- Nuclear receptor coactivator ACTR is a novel histone acetyltransferase and forms a multimeric activation complex with P/CAF and CBP/p300H Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92037, USA
Cell 90:569-80. 1997....
- Crosstalk between CARM1 methylation and CBP acetylation on histone H3Sylvain Daujat
Wellcome Cancer Research UK Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 12:2090-7. 2002..The CBP/p300 acetylase and the CARM1 methyltransferase can positively regulate the expression of estrogen-responsive genes, but ..
- p300/MDM2 complexes participate in MDM2-mediated p53 degradationS R Grossman
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 2:405-15. 1998Control of p53 turnover is critical to p53 function. E1A binding to p300/CBP translates into enhanced p53 stability, implying that these coactivator proteins normally operate in p53 turnover control...
- Acetylation of novel sites in the nucleosomal binding domain of chromosomal protein HMG-14 by p300 alters its interaction with nucleosomesM Bergel
Protein Section, Division of Basic Science, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11514-20. 2000..Here we show that the histone acetyltransferase p300 specifically acetylates HMG-14, a nonhistone structural protein that binds to nucleosomes and reduces ..
- Role of CBP in regulating HIF-1-mediated activation of transcriptionJorge L Ruas
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Sci 118:301-11. 2005....
- Regulation of activity of the transcription factor GATA-1 by acetylationJ Boyes
Section of Gene Function and Regulation, Chester Beatty Laboratories at The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Nature 396:594-8. 1998..co-activator proteins have intrinsic histone acetyltransferase activity (for example, Gcn5p, PCAF, TAF(II)250 and p300/CBP. These acetyltransferases also modify certain transcription factors (TFIIEbeta, TFIIF, EKLF and p53)...
- Synergistic signaling in fetal brain by STAT3-Smad1 complex bridged by p300K Nakashima
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Cell Fate Modulation Research Unit, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Science 284:479-82. 1999..The transcriptional coactivator p300 interacts physically with STAT3 at its amino terminus in a cytokine stimulation-independent manner, and with Smad1 ..
- Sequential binding of UV DNA damage binding factor and degradation of the p48 subunit as early events after UV irradiationVesna Rapić-Otrin
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, E1240 BST, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:2588-98. 2002..In addition, we find that the p127 subunit of UV-DDB binds in vivo to p300, a histone acetyltransferase...
- The p48 subunit of the damaged-DNA binding protein DDB associates with the CBP/p300 family of histone acetyltransferaseA Datta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology M C 536, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1819 W Polk Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Mutat Res 486:89-97. 2001..Here we show that DDB associates with the CBP/p300 family of proteins, in vivo and in vitro...
- CREB-binding protein/p300 are transcriptional coactivators of p65M E Gerritsen
Bayer Corporation, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2927-32. 1997CBP (CREB-binding protein) and p300 are versatile coactivators that link transcriptional activators to the basal transcriptional apparatus...
- p300 and p300/cAMP-responsive element-binding protein associated factor interact with human T-cell lymphotropic virus type-1 Tax in a multi-histone acetyltransferase/activator-enhancer complexR Harrod
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Biol Chem 275:11852-7. 2000..Tax, coordinates with cAMP-responsive element-binding protein (CREB) and the transcriptional co-activators p300/CBP on three 21-base pair repeat elements in the proviral long terminal repeat (LTR) to promote viral mRNA ..
- Parathyroid hormone activation of matrix metalloproteinase-13 transcription requires the histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 and PCAF and p300-dependent acetylation of PCAFMinnkyong Lee
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38014-22. 2010..Here, we show that p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF), in addition to p300 and Runx2, is required for PTH activation of Mmp-13 transcription...
- Growth suppression of human carcinoma cells by reintroduction of the p300 coactivatorTamaki Suganuma
Section of Molecular Embryology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13073-8. 2002The p300 and closely related cAMP response element binding protein (CREB)-binding protein (CBP) acetyltransferases function as global transcriptional coactivators and play important roles in a broad spectrum of biological processes, ..
- Notch-1 activates estrogen receptor-alpha-dependent transcription via IKKalpha in breast cancer cellsL Hao
Breast Cancer Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL, USA
Oncogene 29:201-13. 2010..recruitment of Notch-CSL-MAML1 transcriptional complexes (NTC) and ERalpha, which promotes the recruitment of p300. CSL binding elements frequently occur in close proximity to estrogen-responsive elements (EREs) in the human and ..
- Partner molecules of accessory protein Vpr of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1Tomoshige Kino
Human Retrovirus Section, Center for Basic Research, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
DNA Cell Biol 23:193-205. 2004..They include Gag, host transcription factors/coactivators such as SP1, the glucocorticoid receptor, p300/CREB-binding protein and TFIIB, apoptotic adenine nucleotide translocator, cyclophilin A and 14-3-3 proteins...
- Role of Deltex-1 as a transcriptional regulator downstream of the Notch receptorN Yamamoto
Department of Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:45031-40. 2001..of DTX1 proteins were localized in the nucleus and physically interacted with the transcriptional coactivator p300. Through its binding to p300, DTX1 inhibited transcriptional activation by the neural-specific helix-loop-helix-..
- Regulation of transcription of the human presenilin-1 gene by ets transcription factors and the p53 protooncogeneM Pastorcic
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience and Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
J Biol Chem 275:34938-45. 2000..We also show that the coactivator p300 enhances the activation by Ets1 and Ets2 as well as the repression by p53...
- Endothelin-1-dependent nuclear factor of activated T lymphocyte signaling associates with transcriptional coactivator p300 in the activation of the B cell leukemia-2 promoter in cardiac myocytesTeruhisa Kawamura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Circ Res 94:1492-9. 2004..A cellular target of adenovirus early region 1A (E1A) oncoprotein, p300 also activates bcl-2 transcription in cardiac myocytes and is required for their survival...
- The hepatitis E virus ORF3 protein stabilizes HIF-1alpha and enhances HIF-1-mediated transcriptional activity through p300/CBPSyed M Moin
Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi, India
Cell Microbiol 11:1409-21. 2009..The HIF complex recruits the transcriptional adapter/histone acetyltransferase protein p300/CBP to target gene promoters and p300/CBP phosphorylation is required for this interaction...
- The transcriptional regulating protein of 132 kDa (TReP-132) enhances P450scc gene transcription through interaction with steroidogenic factor-1 in human adrenal cellsFlorence Gizard
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University, Quebec GIK 7P4, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:39144-55. 2002..Consistent with previous studies showing interaction between CBP/p300 and SF-1 or TReP-132, the coexpression of these three proteins results in a synergistic effect on P450scc gene ..
- Insulin gene transcription is mediated by interactions between the p300 coactivator and PDX-1, BETA2, and E47Yi Qiu
Department of Molecular Physiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:412-20. 2002..II transcriptional machinery is inhibited by the adenovirus E1A protein as a result of E1A's binding to the p300 coactivator...
- Acetylation regulates subcellular localization of the Wnt signaling nuclear effector POP-1Frederique Gay
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genes Dev 17:717-22. 2003..elegans embryogenesis. The conservation of these lysines among other LEF/TCF family members suggests that acetylation may be an important, evolutionarily conserved mechanism regulating subcellular distribution of LEF/TCF factors...
- Synergistic activation of human involucrin gene expression by Fra-1 and p300--evidence for the presence of a multiprotein complexJames F Crish
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:530-41. 2008..We show that Fra-1 and p300 histone acetyltransferase are present at the AP1 site, as detected by chromatin immunoprecipitation...
- Multiprotein bridging factor-1 (MBF-1) is a cofactor for nuclear receptors that regulate lipid metabolismCarole Brendel
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique INSERM Université Louis Pasteur, BP 163, 67404 Illkirch, France
Mol Endocrinol 16:1367-77. 2002..MBF-1 seems therefore to act as a bridging factor enabling interactions of nuclear receptors with the transcription machinery...
- Prostacyclin inhibits IFN-gamma-stimulated cytokine expression by reduced recruitment of CBP/p300 to STAT1 in a SOCS-1-independent mannerDerek Strassheim
Pediatric Critical CareMedicine, University of Colorado Denver, Research Complex II, Room 6490, 12700 East 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 183:6981-8. 2009..STAT1-S727 in the transactivation domain, thereby reducing recruitment of the histone acetylase and coactivator CBP/p300 to STAT1; 2) iloprost selectively inhibited activation of JAK2 but not JAK1, both responsible for activation of ..
- Transcription coactivator p300 binds PCNA and may have a role in DNA repair synthesisS Hasan
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 410:387-91. 2001The transcriptional coactivator p300 interacts with many transcription factors that participate in a broad spectrum of biological activities, such as cellular differentiation, homeostasis and growth control...
- Dual regulation of c-Myc by p300 via acetylation-dependent control of Myc protein turnover and coactivation of Myc-induced transcriptionFrancesco Faiola
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10220-34. 2005..Here, we report a novel functional interaction between Myc TAD and the p300 coactivator-acetyltransferase...
- Kruppel-like factor 4 is acetylated by p300 and regulates gene transcription via modulation of histone acetylationPaul M Evans
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Sealy Center for Cancer Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Biol Chem 282:33994-4002. 2007..We found that p300, a CREB-binding protein-related protein, interacts with KLF4 both in vitro and in vivo and activates transcription...
- Cyclic changes in the expression of steroid receptor coactivators and corepressors in the normal human endometriumTanri Shiozawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:871-8. 2003..the human endometrium, the expression of steroid receptor coactivators [steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) and p300/CREB-binding protein (p300/CBP)] and corepressors (nuclear receptor corepressor and silencing mediator for retinoid ..
- Interaction of p21(CDKN1A) with PCNA regulates the histone acetyltransferase activity of p300 in nucleotide excision repairOrnella Cazzalini
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, sez Patologia generale C Golgi, Universita di Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1713-22. 2008..Concomitantly, HAT activity of p300 is reduced after DNA damage. In vitro experiments show that inhibition of p300 HAT activity induced by PCNA is relieved by p21, which disrupts the association between recombinant p300 and PCNA...
- A transcriptional switch mediated by cofactor methylationW Xu
Gene Expression Laboratory, Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Davis Cancer Center Basic Science, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Science 294:2507-11. 2001..on the controlled methylation of nucleosome and the transcriptional cofactors, the CREB-binding proteins (CBP)/p300. The CBP/p300 methylation site is localized to an arginine residue that is essential for stabilizing the structure ..
- Role of p300 and PCAF in regulating cyclooxygenase-2 promoter activation by inflammatory mediatorsWu Guo Deng
Vascular Biology Research Center, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Division of Hematology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 103:2135-42. 2004..Furthermore, roscovitine, an indirect inhibitor of p300 HAT, and histone deacetylase-1 transfection completely abolished COX-2 promoter activity...
- Ordered cooperative functions of PRMT1, p300, and CARM1 in transcriptional activation by p53Woojin An
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 117:735-48. 2004..In an extension of previous studies showing a role for acetyltransferase p300/CBP in p53 function, we have used systems reconstituted with recombinant chromatin templates and (co)activators to ..
- HIV-1 tat transcriptional activity is regulated by acetylationR E Kiernan
Laboratoire de Virologie Moléculaire et Transfert de Gène, Institut de Genetique Humaine, UPR1142 Montpellier, 34396, France
EMBO J 18:6106-18. 1999..We and others have shown that trans-activator protein (Tat)-associated histone acetyltransferases (TAHs), p300 and p300/CBP-associating factor (PCAF), assist functionally in the activation of chromosomally integrated HIV-1 LTR...
- Arginine methyltransferase CARM1 is a promoter-specific regulator of NF-kappaB-dependent gene expressionMarcela Covic
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 24:85-96. 2005..CARM1 forms a complex with p300 and NF-kappaB in vivo and interacts directly with the NF-kappaB subunit p65 in vitro...
- Biochemical analysis of distinct activation functions in p300 that enhance transcription initiation with chromatin templatesW L Kraus
Department of Biology and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0347, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:8123-35. 1999To investigate the mechanisms of transcriptional enhancement by the p300 coactivator, we analyzed wild-type and mutant versions of p300 with a chromatin transcription system in vitro...
- Sp1 deacetylation induced by phorbol ester recruits p300 to activate 12(S)-lipoxygenase gene transcriptionJan Jong Hung
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 26:1770-85. 2006..dissociation of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and the deacetylation of Sp1, with the latter being able to recruit p300 that in turn caused the acetylation and dissociation of histone 3, thus enhancing the expression of 12(S)-..
- Differential roles of p300 and PCAF acetyltransferases in muscle differentiationP L Puri
Laboratory of Gene Expression, Fondazione Andrea Cesalpino, Istituto I Clinica Medica, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy
Mol Cell 1:35-45. 1997PCAF is a histone acetyltransferase that associates with p300/CBP and competes with E1A for access to them...
- MAP kinase phosphorylation-dependent activation of Elk-1 leads to activation of the co-activator p300Qi jing Li
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
EMBO J 22:281-91. 2003CBP/p300 recruitment to enhancer-bound complexes is a key determinant in promoter activation by many transcription factors...
- Synergistic activation of the tumor suppressor, HLJ1, by the transcription factors YY1 and activator protein 1Chi Chung Wang
NTU Center for Genomic Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer Res 67:4816-26. 2007..of the tumor suppressor, HLJ1, is up-regulated via enhancer AP-1 binding to promoter YY1 and the coactivator, p300, through DNA bending and multiprotein complex formation...
- An essential role for p300/CBP in the cellular response to hypoxiaZ Arany
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:12969-73. 1996b>p300 and CBP are homologous transcription adapters targeted by the E1A oncoprotein. They participate in numerous biological processes, including cell cycle arrest, differentiation, and transcription activation...
- Transcription factor TFIIH components enhance the GR coactivator activity but not the cell cycle-arresting activity of the human immunodeficiency virus type-1 protein VprTomoshige Kino
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:17-23. 2002..Overexpression of all three TFIIH components and p300 cooperatively enhanced Vpr coactivator activity, whereas TFIIH overexpression did not potentiate the ..
- Insulin suppresses transactivation by CAAT/enhancer-binding proteins beta (C/EBPbeta). Signaling to p300/CREB-binding protein by protein kinase B disrupts interaction with the major activation domain of C/EBPbetaS Guo
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8516-23. 2001..Studies with E1A protein indicate that interaction with p300/CBP is required for transactivation by AD II and the effect of insulin and PKB...
- Synergistic activation of transcription by CBP and p53W Gu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York 10021, USA
Nature 387:819-23. 1997....
- p300 modulates ATF4 stability and transcriptional activity independently of its acetyltransferase domainIrina Lassot
Institut Cochin, Department of Maladies Infectieuses, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, University Rene Descartes Paris V, Bat G Roussy, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 280:41537-45. 2005..We show here that ATF4 stability is also modulated by the histone acetyltransferase p300, which induces ATF4 stabilization by inhibiting its ubiquitination...
- Acetylation inactivates the transcriptional repressor BCL6Oksana R Bereshchenko
Institute for Cancer Genetics and the Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 32:606-13. 2002..Here we show that the co-activator p300 binds and acetylates BCL6 in vivo and inhibits its function...
- Histone acetyltransferase p300 is a coactivator for transcription factor REL and is C-terminally truncated in the human diffuse large B-cell lymphoma cell line RC-K8Michael R Garbati
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Lett 291:237-45. 2010..In this report, histone acetyltransferase p300 enhanced REL-induced transactivation and interacted with REL both in vitro and in REL-transformed ..
- Acetylation of importin-alpha nuclear import factors by CBP/p300A J Bannister
Department of Pathology, Wellcome CRC Institute, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 1QR, UK
Curr Biol 10:467-70. 2000..the context of Lys22 with the sequences of other known substrates of CBP and the closely related acetylase p300, we identified G/SK (in the single-letter amino acid code) as a consensus acetylation motif...
- Acetylation of Tat defines a cyclinT1-independent step in HIV transactivationKatrin Kaehlcke
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 12:167-76. 2003The HIV transcriptional activator Tat is acetylated by p300 at a single lysine residue in the TAR RNA binding domain. We have generated monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies specific for the acetylated form of Tat (AcTat)...
- Functional interaction between nucleosome assembly proteins and p300/CREB-binding protein family coactivatorsN Shikama
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:8933-43. 2000The p300/CREB-binding protein (CBP) family of proteins consists of coactivators that influence the activity of a wide variety of transcription factors...
- Acetylation of HIV-1 integrase by p300 regulates viral integrationAnna Cereseto
Molecular Medicine Laboratory, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, Trieste, Italy
EMBO J 24:3070-81. 2005..Here we show that p300, a cellular acetyltransferase that regulates chromatin conformation through the acetylation of histones, also ..
- Regulation of Smad signaling through a differential recruitment of coactivators and corepressors by ZEB proteinsAntonio A Postigo
Division of Molecular Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
EMBO J 22:2453-62. 2003..translocation of Smad proteins, which activate transcription of specific target genes by recruiting P/CAF and p300. The two members of the ZEB family of zinc finger factors (ZEB-1/deltaEF1 and ZEB-2/SIP1) regulate TGFbeta/BMP ..
- The expression levels of the transcriptional regulators p300 and CtBP modulate the correlations between SNAIL, ZEB1, E-cadherin and vitamin D receptor in human colon carcinomasCristina Peña
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Int J Cancer 119:2098-104. 2006..The mRNA expression levels of SNAIL and ZEB1, and of transcriptional regulators p300 and CtBP, were measured by RT-PCR in tumor and normal tissue from 101 colon carcinoma patients...
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..mediate its effects? Recent studies argue that Sox-2 and Oct-3 can mediate their effects through the co-activators p300 and CBP (p300/CBP)...
- Regulation of CFTR gene expressionMartin Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..examine whether transcription factors ATF1 and CBF/NF-Y and the histone acetyltransferase coactivator proteins, p300/CREB-binding protein (p300/CBP) and p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF) mediate histone acetylation of CFTR...
- Regulation of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis by the CREB:TORC2 PathwayMarc R Montminy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary studies indicate that TORC2 is transiently activated through P300-dependent acetylation during early fasting, when it stimulates the gluconeogenic program via an association with a ..
- Regulation of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis by the CREB:TORC2 PathwayMarc Montminy; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary studies indicate that TORC2 is transiently activated through P300-dependent acetylation during early fasting, when it stimulates the gluconeogenic program via an association with a ..
- Mechanisms of p53 activation in tumorsuppressionWei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2010..In our early studies, we found that histone acetyltransferase CBP/p300 promotes p53-dependent transcription by directly acetylating lysine residues in the C-terminal region of p53...
- Role of the Acetyltransferase p300 in Cellular ResponsesMaria Avantaggiati; Fiscal Year: 2006..We made the novel finding that a transcription coactivator possessing acetyltransferase activity, p300, enhances the mitotic arrest elicited by taxol...
- The Interplay Between the Repressor MDM2 and CoactivatorHua Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Repressing p53 activity by probably "interfering" with the interaction between p53 and its coactivators such as p300/CBP or PCAF. Although this model is currently accepted, its biochemical and molecular details are poorly understood...
- Structure/Function of Histone AcetyltransferasesRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2011..also been correlated with human disease, including leukemic translocations involving the CBP and MOZ HATs, and p300 HAT alterations in colorectal and gastric cancers...
- Structure/Function of Histone AcetyltransferasesRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..also been correlated with human disease, including leukemic translocations involving the CBP and MOZ HATs, and p300 HAT alterations in colorectal and gastric cancers...
- Structure/Function of Histone AcetyltransferasesRonen Marmorstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..also been correlated with human disease, including leukemic translocations involving the CBP and MOZ HATs, and p300 HAT alterations in colorectal and gastric cancers...
- Interplay between Chromatin and Co-activator ComplexesMichael Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using purified p300 and STAGA histone acetyltransferases, we have identified direct interactions between p300 and Med, as well as STAGA ..
- The Role of ATF3 in the DNA Damage ResponseChunhong Yan; Fiscal Year: 2010..a link of ATF3 with other p53 network proteins including E3 ubiquitin ligase MDM2 and histone acetyltransferases p300, Tip60 and hMOF...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Hormone-independence of Prostate CancerYun Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2010..data demonstrates, for the first time, that tyrosine phosphorylation of the androgen receptor (AR) and its cofactor p300 is associated with hormone refractory growth of PCA cells, suggesting that the hormone refractory tumor cells may ..
- CONTROL OF P53 TUMOR SUPPRESSOR BY CBP/P300Tso Pang Yao; Fiscal Year: 2005..application): The long-term objective of this proposal is to elucidate the function of CBP and its family member p300 in cellular growth and oncogenesis...
- p53 Acetylation and Deacetylation in TumorigenesisWei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2010..In our early studies, we found that CBP/p300 promotes p53-dependent transcription by directly acetylating lysine residues in the C-terminal region of p53 (Lys ..
- Roles of CBP & PCAF During Hematopoietic DifferentiationGERD BLOBEL; Fiscal Year: 2005..consists of histone acetyltransferases which includes the widely expressed molecules CBP, its close relative p300, and the p300/CBP-associated factor PCAF...
- MUTAGENESIS OF SPECIFIC REGIONS OF THE SV 40 GENOMEMARY TEVETHIA; Fiscal Year: 2001..observation that the C-terminal region of T antigen (250-708) is responsible for the interaction of T with p300/p400 in cells...
- Mechanism of promiscuous AR activation in PTEN-mutated prostate cancerHaojie Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..with PTEN loss and FOXO1 inactivation is completely abolished by treatment of cells with small inference RNA of p300, an important coactivator of the AR...
- Long-range function of the ERV-9 LTR in regulating globin gene switchingDorothy Tuan; Fiscal Year: 2009..that the competition for interaction with the ERV-9 LTR and binding to LTR-associated NF-Y, GATA -2 and CBP/p300 between the ?- and ?-globin promoters regulates transcription and switching of the globin genes in the BAC Tg mice ..
- Long-range function of the ERV-9 LTR in regulating globin gene switchingDOROTHY Y TUAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..that the competition for interaction with the ERV-9 LTR and binding to LTR-associated NF-Y, GATA -2 and CBP/p300 between the ?- and ?-globin promoters regulates transcription and switching of the globin genes in the BAC Tg mice ..
- NUCLEAR EVENTS IN PTH ACTION ON BONE CELLSNicola C Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2010..is the product of several steps which occur as early and late events: In the early events, first, PTH stimulates p300 (a histone acetyltransferase, HAT) activity, causes the phosphorylation of Runx2, and p300 is recruited to the ..
- NUCLEAR EVENTS IN PTH ACTION ON BONE CELLSNicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2009..is the product of several steps which occur as early and late events: In the early events, first, PTH stimulates p300 (a histone acetyltransferase, HAT) activity, causes the phosphorylation of Runx2, and p300 is recruited to the ..
- NUCLEAR EVENTS IN PTH ACTION ON BONE CELLSNicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 2007..is the product of several steps which occur as early and late events: In the early events, first, PTH stimulates p300 (a histone acetyltransferase, HAT) activity, causes the phosphorylation of Runx2, and p300 is recruited to the ..
- Regulation of HTLV-1 and cellular gene transcription by the viral protein HBZISABELLE MICHELE LEMASSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that HBZ also binds directly to the cellular coactivators p300 and CBP, which is mediated through regions of the viral protein outside its bZIP domain...
- C/EBP, atrogin-1, and muscle wastingPer Olof Hasselgren; Fiscal Year: 2007..In particular, the role of the transcription factor C/EBP and nuclear co-factors p300/CBP for regulation of genes in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway has not been defined...
- AMP-Activated Protein Kinase in Cell Differentiation during Muscle Development AfMin Du; Fiscal Year: 2010..AMPK also phosphorylates p300, which is expected to impair its function as a co-activator, and p300 is a necessary co-activator for transcription ..
- Fibroblast TGF-beta/Signaling in Scleroderma: Modulation by PPAR-gammaJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2010..TGF-b responses are mediated through intracellular Smad pathways and p300, a transcriptional coactivator and histone acetyltransferase...