Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P2X1
Description: purinergic receptor P2X, ligand-gated ion channel, 1
Alias: P2X1, ATP receptor, P2X purinoceptor 1, P2X receptor, subunit 1, P2X1 receptor, purinergic receptor P2X1
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Potentiation of platelet activation through the stimulation of P2X1 receptorsJ A Erhardt
GlaxoSmithKline, Department of Vascular Biology, UW2510, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Thromb Haemost 1:2626-35. 2003The platelet P2X1 purinergic receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel that responds to ATP...
- Cysteinyl-leukotrienes are released from astrocytes and increase astrocyte proliferation and glial fibrillary acidic protein via cys-LT1 receptors and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayRenata Ciccarelli
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Pharmacology, Medical School, G D Annunzio University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 20:1514-24. 2004..to calcium ionophore A23187, 1 h combined oxygen-glucose deprivation or 2-methyl-thioATP, a selective P2Y(1)/ATP receptor agonist. MK-886, a LT synthesis inhibitor, prevented basal and evoked cys-LT release...
- Contribution of conserved glycine residues to ATP action at human P2X1 receptors: mutagenesis indicates that the glycine at position 250 is important for channel functionHelen R Digby
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Neurochem 95:1746-54. 2005..mutated individual conserved glycine residues and determined their effect on the ATP sensitivity and time-course of P2X1 receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Lipid raft association and cholesterol sensitivity of P2X1-4 receptors for ATP: chimeras and point mutants identify intracellular amino-terminal residues involved in lipid regulation of P2X1 receptorsRebecca C Allsopp
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:32770-7. 2010..The cholesterol-depleting agents methyl-β-cyclodextrin or filipin disrupt lipid rafts and reduced P2X1 receptor currents by >90%. In contrast, ATP-evoked P2X2-4 receptor currents were unaffected by lipid raft disruption...
- Disruption of lipid rafts inhibits P2X1 receptor-mediated currents and arterial vasoconstrictionCatherine Vial
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 9HN United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:30705-11. 2005..To determine whether lipid raft association was essential for P2X1 receptor channel function we used the cholesterol-depleting agent methyl-beta-cyclodextrin (10 mm for 1 h)...
- P2X1 ion channels promote neutrophil chemotaxis through Rho kinase activationChristelle Lecut
GIGA Research Human Genetics Unit, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Immunol 183:2801-9. 2009..These ion channels may therefore play a significant role in host defense and inflammation...
- Pannexin-1 hemichannel-mediated ATP release together with P2X1 and P2X4 receptors regulate T-cell activation at the immune synapseTobias Woehrle
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Blood 116:3475-84. 2010..TCR stimulation results in the translocation of P2X1 and P2X4 receptors and pannexin-1 hemichannels to the immune synapse, while P2X7 receptors remain uniformly ..
- Functional evidence for the expression of P2X1, P2X4 and P2X7 receptors in human lung mast cellsK Wareham
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, UK
Br J Pharmacol 157:1215-24. 2009..P2X receptors are widely expressed in cells of the immune system with varying functions. This study sought to characterize P2X receptor expression in the LAD2 human mast cell line and human lung mast cells (HLMCs)...
- Overexpression of the platelet P2X1 ion channel in transgenic mice generates a novel prothrombotic phenotypeCecile Oury
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Blood 101:3969-76. 2003..Activation of the ERK2 pathway is instrumental in these processes...
- Molecular physiology of P2X receptorsR Alan North
Institute of Molecular Physiology, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Physiol Rev 82:1013-67. 2002..Channels form as multimers of several subunits. Homomeric P2X1, P2X2, P2X3, P2X4, P2X5, and P2X7 channels and heteromeric P2X2/3 and P2X1/5 channels have been most fully ..
- ATP binding at human P2X1 receptors. Contribution of aromatic and basic amino acids revealed using mutagenesis and partial agonistsJonathan A Roberts
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester LE1 9HN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:9043-55. 2004..These results suggest that residues Lys-68, Phe-185, Phe-291, Arg-292, and Lys-309 contribute to ligand binding at P2X(1) receptors, with Phe-185 and Phe-291 coordinating the binding of the adenine ring of ATP...
- ATP-induced vasodilation and purinergic receptors in the human leg: roles of nitric oxide, prostaglandins, and adenosineStefan P Mortensen
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Rigshospitalet, Section 7652, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R1140-8. 2009..The expression and localization of the nucleotide selective P(2Y2) and P(2X1) receptors suggest that these receptors may mediate ATP-induced vasodilation in skeletal muscle...
- Differential sensitivity of human platelet P2X1 and P2Y1 receptors to disruption of lipid raftsCatherine Vial
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:415-9. 2006..We show that disruption of cholesterol-rich membrane lipid rafts reduces P2X1 receptor-mediated calcium increases by approximately 80%, while P2Y1 receptor-dependent Ca2+ release is unaffected...
- Reduced vas deferens contraction and male infertility in mice lacking P2X1 receptorsK Mulryan
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, UK
Nature 403:86-9. 2000..Here we show that male fertility is reduced by approximately 90% in mice with a targeted deletion of the P2X1 receptor gene...
- The P2X1 receptor, an adenosine triphosphate-gated cation channel, is expressed in human platelets but not in human blood leukocytesE E Clifford
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Blood 91:3172-81. 1998..Electrophysiological and biochemical studies have indicated expression of the P2X1 receptor, an ATP-gated cation channel, in human and rat platelets, rat basophilic leukemia (RBL) cells, and phorbol ..
- Regulation of human P2X1 promoter activity by beta helix-loop-helix factors in smooth muscle cellsP D Dhulipala
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Gene 269:167-75. 2001We isolated and characterized genomic clones of the human P2X1 receptor (hP2X1) gene in an effort to understand its tissue specific expression. The hP2X1 gene contains 12 exons spanning 20 kb, with exon sizes ranging from 59 to 143 bp...
- ATP-gamma-S shifts the operating point of outer hair cell transduction towards scala tympaniRichard P Bobbin
Kresge Hearing Research Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2234, USA
Hear Res 205:35-43. 2005b>ATP receptor agonists and antagonists alter cochlear mechanics as measured by changes in distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAE)...
- P2X antagonists inhibit styryl dye entry into hair cellsM A Crumling
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan Medical School, 4605 MS II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5616, USA
Neuroscience 161:1144-53. 2009..However, such dyes can also permeate the ATP receptor, P2X(2). Therefore, we explored the contribution of P2X receptors to the loading of hair cells with AM1-43...
- P2Y2 receptor up-regulation induced by guanosine or UTP in rat brain cultured astrocytesP Ballerini
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical School, University G d Annunzio of Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 29, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 19:293-308. 2006..yet been studied and little is known about the mechanisms underlying the regulation of the expression of this ATP receptor. We showed that not only UTP and ATP are the most potent and naturally occurring agonist for P2Y2 sites, but ..
- Recombinant P2Y receptors: the UCL experienceB F King
Autonomic Neuroscience Institute, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street, Hampstead, NW3 2PF, London, UK
J Auton Nerv Syst 81:164-70. 2000..A., Gibb, A.J., Colquhoun, D., 1992. ATP receptor-mediated synaptic currents in the central nervous system. Nature 359, 144-147; Evans, R.J., Derkach, V...
- Neuronal P2X7 receptors are targeted to presynaptic terminals in the central and peripheral nervous systemsS A Deuchars
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, LS2 9NQ, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:7143-52. 2001The ionotropic ATP receptor subunits P2X(1-6) receptors play important roles in synaptic transmission, yet the P2X(7) receptor has been reported as absent from neurons in the normal adult brain...
- Membrane-delimited coupling between sigma receptors and K+ channels in rat neurohypophysial terminals requires neither G-protein nor ATPP J Lupardus
Departments of Physiology, Medicine, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Physiol 526:527-39. 2000..This would allow for more rapid signal transduction than other ion channel modulation mechanisms, which in the present case of neurohypophysial nerve terminals would lead to the enhancement of neuropeptide release...
- Neurochemical characterisation of sensory receptors in airway smooth muscle: comparison with pulmonary neuroepithelial bodiesInge Brouns
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Groenenborgerlaan 171, 2020, Antwerp, Belgium
Histochem Cell Biol 125:351-67. 2006..alpha3, vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1) and VGLUT2-immunoreactivity, expression of the ATP receptor P2X(3), and the presence of calcium-binding proteins...
- NAD+ released during inflammation participates in T cell homeostasis by inducing ART2-mediated death of naive T cells in vivoSahil Adriouch
University Denis Diderot Paris 7, EA 1556 Paris, France
J Immunol 179:186-94. 2007..In vitro, ADP-ribosylation by ART2 activates the P2X7 ATP receptor and is responsible for NAD(+)-induced T cell death (NICD)...
- Interaction between purinoceptor subtypes on hippocampal serotonergic transmission using in vivo microdialysisM Okada
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Hirosaki University, Japan
Neuropharmacology 38:707-15. 1999..The P2X1-7 active P2 purinoceptor agonist, 2-methylthioATP (2-MeSATP: 100 microM) increased the extracellular serotonin ..
- Platelet P2 receptors: old and new targets for antithrombotic drugsMarco Cattaneo
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Unità di Ematologia e Trombosi Ospedale San Paolo, Via di Rudinì 820142 Milano, Italy
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 5:45-55. 2007Platelets possess three P2 receptors for adenine nucleotides: P2Y1 and P2Y12, which interact with ADP, and P2X1, which interacts with ATP...
- Modulation of the effects of extracellular ATP on [Ca2+]i in rat brain microvacular endothelial cellsM Nobles
King s College London, Biomedical Sciences Division, Physiology Group, Strand, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 361:119-27. 1998..The modulation of the Ca2+ signal downstream to the activation of the ATP receptor was investigated, using agents selected for their ability to interfere with the intracellular pathways ..
- Novel variant of the P2X2 ATP receptor from the guinea pig organ of CortiM S Parker
Department Otorhinolaryngology and Biocommunication, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112 2234, USA
Hear Res 121:62-70. 1998..The multiple transcripts arise from alternative intron and exon splicing events. In situ hybridization with a probe common to the three variants localized P2X2 to many of the cells of the organ of Corti...
- Purinergic (P2) receptor control of lower genitourinary tract function and new avenues for drug action: an overviewSerap Gur
Department of Urology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Curr Pharm Des 13:3236-44. 2007..In the prostate, P2X1-receptors, which mediate contraction, are present in the fibromuscular stroma while G protein-coupled P2Y ..
- Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates IL-1beta release from microglia via a P2X7 receptor-independent mechanismChristian Stock
Institute of Physiology II, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Immunol 177:8560-8. 2006..of IL-1beta release from activated microglia (brain macrophages) that occurred independently of P2X(7) ATP receptor activation...
- P2Y12 receptor upregulation in activated microglia is a gateway of p38 signaling and neuropathic painKimiko Kobayashi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 28:2892-902. 2008..A metabotropic ATP receptor, P2Y(12), has been shown to be expressed in spinal microglia constitutively and be involved in chemotaxis...
- ATP modulates the release of noradrenaline through two different prejunctional receptors on the adrenergic nerves of rat prostateTsugumi Morikawa
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University, Nishinomiya, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:601-5. 20071. The effects of adenosine and ATP receptor agonists on the release of endogenous noradrenaline from electrically stimulated (2 Hz, 0...
- P2X receptors in the rat uterine cervix, lumbosacral dorsal root ganglia, and spinal cord during pregnancyRaymond E Papka
Department of Neurobiology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, P O Box 95, 4209 State RT 44, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
Cell Tissue Res 321:35-44. 2005..The P2X subtype of the ATP receptor is expressed in rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) cells, spinal cord dorsal horn, and axons in peripheral tissues...
- Activation of P2X(7) receptors stimulates the expression of P2Y(2) receptor mRNA in astrocytes cultured from rat brainI D'Alimonte
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Chieti Pescara, Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:301-16. 2007..we report that the most potent P2X(7) receptor agonist BzATP stimulates the expression of the metabotropic ATP receptor P2Y(2) in cultured rat brain astrocytes...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of a rat pituitary G protein-coupled adenosine triphosphate (ATP) receptorZ P Chen
Department of Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, England
Endocrinology 137:1833-40. 1996..This work reports the isolation and expression of a pituitary ATP receptor gene clone from a rat pituitary complementary DNA library...
- Management of erectile function by penile purinergic p2 receptors in the diabetic ratSerap Gur
Department of Urology and Pharmacology, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Urol 181:2375-82. 2009..We determined the role of purine and pyrimidine nucleotides in erectile function in diabetic rats...
- The P2X7 ATP receptor modulates renal cyst development in vitroKate A Hillman
Nephrology and Physiology, Royal Free Campus, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:434-9. 2004..Thus, ATP may inhibit pathological renal cyst growth through P2X(7) signaling...
- Properties of ATP receptor-mediated synaptic transmission in the rat medial habenulaF A Edwards
Department of Physiology, University College London, U K
Neuropharmacology 36:1253-68. 1997....
- Emerging peripheral receptor targets for deep-tissue craniofacial pain therapiesR Ambalavanar
Department of Neural and Pain Sciences and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Dent Res 88:201-11. 2009..For example, expression of the ATP receptor P2X(3) is strongly implicated in nociception and is more abundant on trigeminal primary afferent neurons than ..
- ATP receptor-mediated synaptic currents in the central nervous systemF A Edwards
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, UK
Nature 359:144-7. 1992..unaffected by blockers of glutamate, gamma-aminobutyric acid or acetylcholine receptors but were blocked by the ATP receptor-blocker, suramin and the desensitizing ATP receptor-agonist alpha,beta-methylene-ATP...
- P2X purinergic receptor antagonist accelerates skin barrier repair and prevents epidermal hyperplasia induced by skin barrier disruptionMitsuhiro Denda
Shiseido Research Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:1034-40. 2002The effects of ATP receptor agonists/antagonists on skin barrier recovery rate were evaluated in hairless mice. Topical application of ATP and alpha,beta-methylene ATP (agonist of P2X receptor) delayed barrier recovery...
- Functional evidence that ATP or a related purine is an inhibitory NANC neurotransmitter in the mouse jejunum: study on the identity of P2X and P2Y purinoceptors involvedJoris G De Man
Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Wilrijk B 2610, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 140:1108-16. 2003..5. Desensitisation of alphabetaMeATP-sensitive P2X receptors, the P2X receptor blocker Evans blue and the P2X1,2,3 receptor blocker NF 279 inhibited the l-NOARG-resistant NANC relaxations to EFS and that to alphabetaMeATP ..
- The P2X7 ATP receptor in the kidney: a matter of life or death?K A Hillman
Centre for Nephrology, Department of Physiology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, UCL, London, UK
Nephron Exp Nephrol 101:e24-30. 2005..Further investigation of the function of the P2X7 receptor in normal and abnormal kidneys might lead to novel therapeutic targets in a wide range of renal diseases...
- Modulation of gene expression by moxonidine in rats with chronic renal failureOliver Vonend
Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Hölkeskampring 40, D 44625 Herne, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2217-22. 2004..The present study investigates whether moxonidine influences the expression of genes associated with adaptive changes in kidneys of subtotally nephrectomized rats...
- Stimulation of rat erythrocyte P2X7 receptor induces the release of epoxyeicosatrienoic acidsH Jiang
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Br J Pharmacol 151:1033-40. 2007..This study addresses the formation and release of erythrocyte-derived EETs in response to ATP receptor stimulation that may represent an important mechanism regarding circulatory regulation.
- Cloning and functional expression of a brain G-protein-coupled ATP receptorT E Webb
Molecular Neurobiology Unit, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
FEBS Lett 324:219-25. 1993A cDNA encoding a novel member of the G-protein-coupled receptor (GCR) superfamily, an ATP receptor, has been isolated from an embryonic chick whole brain cDNA library by hybridization screening...
- A primitive ATP receptor from the little skate Raja erinaceaJ A Dranoff
Department of Medicine and Liver Study Unit, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 275:30701-6. 2000..Functional evidence suggests that hepatocytes from the little skate Raja erinacea express a primitive P2Y ATP receptor lacking pharmacologic selectivity, so we cloned and characterized this receptor...
- Cloning and expression of a P2y purinoceptor from the adult bovine corpus callosumG Deng
Department of Psychobiology, University of California at Irvine 92697, USA
Neurobiol Dis 5:259-70. 1998We have isolated an ATP receptor clone by screening a bovine corpus callosum cDNA library...
- Quantification of ADP and ATP receptor expression in human plateletsL Wang
Department of Cardiology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Thromb Haemost 1:330-6. 2003..Incubation in vitro revealed a more rapid degradation rate for P2X1 receptor mRNA than for P2Y1 and P2Y12, indicating that the level of P2X1 may be relatively higher in newly released ..
- P2Y12 receptor-mediated integrin-beta1 activation regulates microglial process extension induced by ATPKeiko Ohsawa
Department of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Neuroscience, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
Glia 58:790-801. 2010..rapidly extend their processes toward the damaged areas in response to stimulation of the metabotropic ATP receptor P2Y(12) by ATP released from damaged tissue...
- Large-conductance channel formation mediated by P2X7 receptor activation is regulated through distinct intracellular signaling pathways in peritoneal macrophages and 2BH4 cellsR X Faria
Laboratory of Cellular Communication, Department of Immunology, Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Av Brazil, 4365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro 21045 900, Brazil
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 382:73-87. 2010The P2X(7) receptor (P2X7R) is a ligand-gated ATP receptor that acts as a low- and large-conductance channel (pore) and is known to be coupled to several downstream effectors...
- Basal activation of the P2X7 ATP receptor elevates mitochondrial calcium and potential, increases cellular ATP levels, and promotes serum-independent growthElena Adinolfi
Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Section of General Pathology, and Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Inflammation, University of Ferrara, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 16:3260-72. 2005..These findings reveal a hitherto undescribed mechanism for growth stimulation by a plasma membrane pore...
- Neurotoxic species of misfolded SOD1G93A recognized by antibodies against the P2X4 subunit of the ATP receptor accumulate in damaged neurons of transgenic animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisSara Hernandez
From the Universitat de Lleida, Facultat de Medicina, Departament de Medicina Experimental, Unitat de Neurobiologia Cel lular, and IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:176-87. 2010..We conclude that neuronal SOD1 conformers with P2X(4)-LIR may have pathogenetic relevance in the promotion of neuroinflammation...
- Enhanced thermal avoidance in mice lacking the ATP receptor P2X3Isao Shimizu
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 408 Biophysics Building, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Pain 116:96-108. 2005..in wild-type mice injected subcutaneously with the P2X3 antagonist, A317491 or intrathecally with the P2X3 and P2X1 antagonist TNP-ATP...
- Dynamic aspects of functional regulation of the ATP receptor channel P2X2Yoshihiro Kubo
Division of Biophysics and Neurobiology, Department of Molecular Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Physiol 587:5317-24. 2009..Complete elucidation of these regulatory mechanisms awaits dynamic imaging of functioning P2X(2) channels...
- Ca2+-calmodulin-dependent myosin light chain kinase is essential for activation of TRPC5 channels expressed in HEK293 cellsShunichi Shimizu
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Physiol 570:219-35. 2006..Ca(2+) entry through TRPC5 channels, induced upon stimulation of the G-protein-coupled ATP receptor, was abolished by treatment with W-13, an inhibitor of calmodulin...
- Voltage- and [ATP]-dependent gating of the P2X(2) ATP receptor channelYuichiro Fujiwara
Division of Biophysics and Neurobiology, Department of Molecular Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Aichi, Japan
J Gen Physiol 133:93-109. 2009..We then executed simulation analyses using the calculated rate constants and successfully reproduced the results observed experimentally, voltage-dependent activation that is accelerated by increases in [ATP]...
- P2X7-related modulation of pathological nociception in ratsS McGaraughty
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, R4PM, AP9 1, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6118, USA
Neuroscience 146:1817-28. 2007..ATP is a key neurotransmitter in this process. Recent studies demonstrate that the glial ATP receptor, P2X7, contributes to the modulation of pathological pain...
- P2X receptors-mediated cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation in primary afferent sensory neurons contributes to neuropathic painMakoto Tsuda
Department of Molecular and System Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi, Fukuoka, Japan
J Neurochem 103:1408-16. 2007Activation of P2X(3) and P2X(2/3) receptors (P2X(3)R/P2X(2/3)R), ionotropic ATP receptor subtypes, in primary sensory neurons is involved in neuropathic pain, a debilitating chronic pain that occurs after peripheral nerve injury...
- Identification of negative residues in the P2X3 ATP receptor ectodomain as structural determinants for desensitization and the Ca2+-sensing modulatory sitesElsa Fabbretti
Neurobiology Sector, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, Via Beirut 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:53109-15. 2004..Thus, these findings outline diverse potential molecular targets to modulate P2X(3) receptor function in relation to its functional state...
- Mechanism of interferon action. X--Antagonistic effect of ATP on pppA2'p5'A2'p5'A receptorS W Li
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Academia Sinica
Sci Sin B 31:304-12. 1988..But ATP can compete with 2'-5'P3A3 for the receptor. This raises a question whether this is an ATP receptor. If not, what is the role of ATP for this receptor? Data available in this article show that ATP can bind to ..
- Molecular and functional characterization of a novel mouse transient receptor potential protein homologue TRP7. Ca(2+)-permeable cation channel that is constitutively activated and enhanced by stimulation of G protein-coupled receptorT Okada
Laboratory of Humoral Information, Department of Information Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:27359-70. 1999..TRP7 induced Ca(2+) influx in response to ATP receptor stimulation at ATP concentrations lower than those necessary for activation of TRP3 and for Ca(2+) release from ..
- Characterisation of subtypes of the P2X and P2Y families of ATP receptors in the foetal human heartY Bogdanov
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Life Sci 62:697-703. 1998..In order to characterise the ATP receptor subtypes involved in these effects, degenerate oligonucleotides were used to clone receptors of both P2X and ..
- The permeabilizing ATP receptor, P2X7. Cloning and expression of a human cDNAF Rassendren
Geneva Biomedical Research Institute, GlaxoWellcome Research and Development, Plan les Ouates, 1228 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:5482-6. 1997..Expression of chimeric molecules indicated that some of the differences between the rat and human receptor could be reversed by exchanging the intracellular C-terminal domain of the proteins...
- Cloning and pharmacological characterization of a fourth P2X receptor subtype widely expressed in brain and peripheral tissues including various endocrine tissuesC Z Wang
Center for Biomedical Science, Chiba University School of Medicine, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 220:196-202. 1996We have isolated cDNA encoding a fourth member (P2X-4) of the ATP receptor P2X receptor family from a rat pancreatic islet cDNA library...
- Expression cloning of an ATP receptor from mouse neuroblastoma cellsK D Lustig
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5113-7. 1993..mRNA encoding the P2U purinergic receptor is found in neural and nonneural tissues...
- New structural motif for ligand-gated ion channels defined by an ionotropic ATP receptorA J Brake
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0450
Nature 371:519-23. 1994..There is sequence similarity between the ATP receptor and RP-2, a gene activated in thymocytes undergoing programmed cell death...
- Postsynaptic mechanisms of CO(2) responses in parafacial respiratory neurons of newborn ratsHiroshi Onimaru
Department of Physiology, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142, Japan
J Physiol 590:1615-24. 2012..We found that ATP receptor and substance P receptor antagonists do not block membrane potential responses to hypercapnic stimulation (2%→..
- Involvement of the cysteine-rich head domain in activation and desensitization of the P2X1 receptorEva Lörinczi
Department of Molecular Biology of Neuronal Signals, Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:11396-401. 2012..We also conclude that P2XR activation and desensitization involve movements of the cysteine-rich head domain...
- Exhaustive swimming differentially inhibits P2X1 receptor- and α1-adrenoceptor-mediated vasoconstriction in isolated rat arteriesLu Li
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Chinese Integrative Medicine, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 33:221-9. 2012To investigate the effects of exhaustive swimming exercise on P2X1 receptor- and α1-adrenoceptor-mediated vasoconstriction of different types of arteries in rats.
- Agonist and antagonist effects of diadenosine tetraphosphate, a platelet dense granule constituent, on platelet P2Y1, P2Y12 and P2X1 receptorsHung Chang
Center for Platelet Function Studies, Department of Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Thromb Res 125:159-65. 2010..Diadenosine 5',5'''-P(1),P(4)- tetraphosphate (Ap(4)A) is stored in platelet dense granules, but its effects on platelet function are not well understood...
- Role of P2X receptors in positive inotropic effect of rat myocardium during ontogenyA A Zverev
Department of Anatomy, Physiology, and Human Health Protection, Tatar State Humanitarian Pedagogical University, Kazan
Bull Exp Biol Med 145:174-6. 2008..Selective P2X1 receptor agonist beta,gamma-methylene-ATP induced a dose-dependent increase in the strength of atrial and ventricular ..
- Purinergic receptors and calcium signalling in human pancreatic duct cell linesMette R Hansen
Department of Biology, August Krogh Building, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:157-68. 2008..and also Capan-1 cells, express RNA transcripts for the following receptors: P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, P2Y11-14 and P2X1, P2X2, P2X4, P2X5, P2X6 and P2X7...
- P2X(3) expression is not altered by lingual nerve injuryJames E Biggs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, UK
Neurosci Lett 441:110-4. 2008We have investigated a possible role for the ATP receptor subunit P2X(3), in the development of neuropathic pain following injury to a peripheral branch of the trigeminal nerve...
- Human rheumatoid synoviocytes express functional P2X7 receptorsFrancesca Caporali
Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Section of Clinical Immunology, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Viale Bracci, Siena, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:937-49. 2008..transcriptase polymerase chain reaction analysis revealed messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) expression for the P2X1, P2X2, P2X4, P2X5, P2X6, P2X7, P2Y1, P2Y4, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, and P2Y14 but not the P2X3, P2Y2, and P2Y6 ..
- Secreted dense granule adenine nucleotides promote calcium influx and the maintenance of elevated cytosolic calcium levels in stimulated human plateletsB Lages
Department of Medicine, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Thromb Haemost 81:286-92. 1999..ATP and alpha,beta-methylene ATP, a specific agonist for P2X1 receptors, at micromolar concentrations also increased Mn2+ quench, but to lesser extents than did ADP, in SPD ..
- P2X receptor-mediated visceral hyperalgesia in a rat model of chronic visceral hypersensitivityG Y Xu
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Gut 57:1230-7. 2008..Recent studies of somatic and other visceral pain models suggest a role for purinergic signalling mediated by the P2X receptor (P2XR) family...
- Adenosine triphosphate increases the reactivity of the afferent arteriole to low concentrations of norepinephrineMichael Hultström
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Division of Physiology, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2225-31. 2007..ATP increased the calcium response to NE significantly at 10(-8) and 10(-7)mol/l NE. The P2-type ATP receptor blocker pyridoxal-phosphate-6-azophenyl-2',4'-disulfonic acid (PPADS) (10(-5) mol/l) abolished the ..
- Evidence for functional P2X4/P2X7 heteromeric receptorsChang Guo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1PD, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 72:1447-56. 2007The cytolytic ionotropic ATP receptor P2X7 has several important roles in immune cell regulation, such as cytokine release, apoptosis, and microbial killing...
- Unique functional properties of a sensory neuronal P2X ATP-gated channel from zebrafishE Boue-Grabot
Cell Biology of Excitable Tissue Research Group, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 75:1600-7. 2000We report here the structural and functional characterization of an ionotropic P2X ATP receptor from the lower vertebrate zebrafish (Danio rerio)...
- Expression of purinergic receptors (ionotropic P2X1-7 and metabotropic P2Y1-11) during myeloid differentiation of HL60 cellsK Adrian
Department of Biochemistry, University of Erlangen, Fahrstr 17, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1492:127-38. 2000The expression of human purinergic P2 receptors (P2X1-7 and P2Y1-11) as well as the ecto-enzymes apyrase (CD39) and 5'-nucleotidase (CD73) was investigated on the nucleic acid level during granulocytic and monocytic differentiation of ..
- P2X2 receptor expression by interstitial cells of Cajal in vas deferens implicated in semen emissionL D Burton
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Auton Neurosci 84:147-61. 2000..b>P2X1 receptor immunolabelling was associated with sympathetic innervation of the smooth muscle in the outer longitudinal and ..
- ATP receptor-mediated enhancement of fast excitatory neurotransmitter release in the brainB S Khakh
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Mol Pharmacol 54:372-8. 1998..Thus, functional P2X receptors are expressed on nerve terminals in the brain stem, where they increase the spontaneous release of glutamate onto trigeminal mesencephalic motor nucleus neurons...
- Rho-kinase inhibition reduces pressure-mediated autoregulatory adjustments in afferent arteriolar diameterEdward W Inscho
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th St, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3000, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F590-7. 2009..afferent arteriolar autoregulatory behavior and vasoconstrictor responses evoked by angiotensin II and P2X1 receptor activation. Rat kidneys were studied in vitro using the blood-perfused juxtamedullary nephron technique...
- The P2X1 ion channel in platelet functionHu Hu
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Platelets 21:153-66. 2010..In view of the availability of specific agonists and antagonists, P2X(1) is also discussed as a therapeutic target for antithrombotic therapy...
- Characterization of three diaminopyrimidines as potent and selective antagonists of P2X3 and P2X2/3 receptors with in vivo efficacy in a pain modelE Ballini
GlaxoSmithKline, Molecular Discovery Research, Verona, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 163:1315-25. 2011..Here we present a characterization of three representative diaminopyrimidines...
- Estrogen modulation of peripheral pain signal transduction: involvement of P2X(3) receptorsBei Ma
Department of Physiology, Shanghai Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200433, People s Republic of China
Purinergic Signal 7:73-83. 2011....
- Role of purinergic signaling pathways in V-ATPase recruitment to apical membrane of acidifying epididymal clear cellsClémence Belleannee
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C817-30. 2010..nine nucleotidase genes (Nt5e, Alpl, Alpp, Enpp1, 2, and 3, and Entpd 2, 4, and 5), seven ATP P2 receptor genes (P2X1, P2X2, P2X3, P2X4, P2X6, P2Y2, P2Y5), and three adenosine P1 receptor genes (A1, A2B, and A3) are expressed in ..
- The dual nature of extracellular ATP as a concentration-dependent platelet P2X1 agonist and antagonistWelvitya Karunarathne
Department of Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 1:655-63. 2009..and inhibition of that aggregation, is affected by free Ca(2+) entering the platelet through the ATP-gated P2X1 receptor. The addition of ATP (10 microM) increased the platelet NO by 26.7 +/- 7.7%...
- Molecular basis of selective antagonism of the P2X1 receptor for ATP by NF449 and suramin: contribution of basic amino acids in the cysteine-rich loopS El-Ajouz
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Br J Pharmacol 165:390-400. 2012..In this study we have determined the contribution of the head region to the antagonist action of NF449 and suramin at the human P2X1 receptor.
- Pain and purinergic signalingMakoto Tsuda
Department of Molecular and System Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Brain Res Rev 63:222-32. 2010..P2X receptors (seven types; P2X1-P2X7) contain intrinsic pores that open by binding with ATP, and P2Y receptors (eight types; P2Y1, 2, 4, 6, 11, 12, ..
- Cloning OF P2X5 and P2X6 receptors and the distribution and properties of an extended family of ATP-gated ion channelsG Collo
Glaxo Institute for Molecular Biology, Geneva, Switzerland
J Neurosci 16:2495-507. 1996..P2X6 and P2X5 receptors express at lower levels than P2X1-P2X4 receptors do, perhaps indicating that they do not normally form homomultimeric channels...
- Role of adenosine 5'-triphosphate in regulating renal microvascular function and in hypertensionZhengrong Guan
Department of Physiology CA3137, Georgia Health Sciences University, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Hypertension 58:333-40. 2011....
- Uridine adenosine tetraphosphate induces contraction of airway smooth muscleYu Gui
Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Univ of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L789-94. 2011..Several P2X receptors were detected at the mRNA level: P2X1, P2X4, P2X6, and P2X7, and to a lesser extent P2X3...
- Primary structure and expression of a naturally truncated human P2X ATP receptor subunit from brain and immune systemK T Le
Cell Biology of Excitable Tissue Group, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Que, Canada
FEBS Lett 418:195-9. 1997A novel member of the ionotropic ATP receptor gene family has been identified in human brain. This 422 amino acid long P2X receptor subunit has 62% sequence identity with rat P2X5...
- Differential modulation of ATP-induced P2X7-associated permeabilities to cations and anions of macrophages by infection with Leishmania amazonensisCamila Marques-da-Silva
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e25356. 2011..The ATP receptor P2X7, an agonist-gated cation channel widely expressed in macrophages and other cells of the immune system, is ..
- Cotranscription and intergenic splicing of human P2Y11 and SSF1 genesD Communi
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research, School of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:16561-6. 2001The P2Y(11) receptor is an ATP receptor positively coupled to the cAMP and phosphoinositide pathways. Ssf1 is a Saccharomyces cerevisiae nuclear protein, which plays an important role in mating...
- P2X3 receptor mediates heat hyperalgesia in a rat model of trigeminal neuropathic painMasamichi Shinoda
Department of Functional Anatomy and Neuroscience, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Pain 8:588-97. 2007..was prolonged after subcutaneous administration of pyridoxal-phosphate-6-azophenyl-2',4'-disulfonic acid (PPADS, P2X1,2,3,5,7,1/5,2/3R antagonist) and 2',3'-O-(2,4,6-trinitrophenyl) adenosine 5'-triphosphate (TNP-ATP, P2X1,3,2/3,1/5R ..
- ATP- and adenosine-mediated signaling in the central nervous system: chronic pain and microglia: involvement of the ATP receptor P2X4Kazuhide Inoue
Division of Biosignaling, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 94:112-4. 2004..report here that tactile allodynia under the chronic pain state requires an activation of the P2X(4) ionotropic ATP receptor and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in spinal cord microglia...
- A study of P2X1 receptor function in murine megakaryocytes and human platelets reveals synergy with P2Y receptorsCatherine Vial
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 9HN
Br J Pharmacol 135:363-72. 2002..We conclude that ionotropic P2X(1) receptors may play a priming role in the subsequent activation of metabotropic P2Y receptors during platelet stimulation...
- Regulation of neuronal type genes in congestive heart failure ratsK B Andersson
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 186:17-27. 2006..After myocardial infarction (MI), complex changes in the heart occur during progression into congestive heart failure (CHF). This study sought to identify regulated genes that could have a functional role in some of the changes seen in CHF...
- TRANSMEMBRANE SIGNALLING IN SMOOTH MUSCLE CELL LINESGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 1991..Additional experiments will be directed towards: 1) characterization of the stereo-specificity of the putative ATP receptor; 2) evaluation of the possible relationships between the signalling actions of extracellular ATP and the ..
- PURINERGIC NEUROGENIC MUCOSAL SECRETIONJACKIE WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2007..a novel purinergic slow excitatory postsynaptic potential (EPSP) that is mediated by a metabotropic ATP receptor (P2Y1 receptor) in the enteric nervous system...
- PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ADENOSINE RECEPTORSJoel Linden; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- P2T PURINERGIC RECEPTORSJOSE BOYER; Fiscal Year: 2004..nucleotide effects of platelet function result from the activation of at least three different receptor subtypes: P2X1, P2Y1 and P2Y AC receptors...
- NPY AND ATP COTRANMISSION IN CHROMAFFIN CELLSTERRY HEXUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..are to characterize the enhancing effect of NPY on ATP- stimulated inositol phosphate formation, identify the ATP receptor subtype mediating the stimulation of InsP formation and increased [Ca2+]i, determine the specificity of the ATP ..
- An ATP receptor-operated ionic conductance in ParameciumTodd Hennessey; Fiscal Year: 2002..shows ATP-induced behavioral responses (backward swimming), inhibition of these responses by a vertebrate ATP receptor antagonist (PPNDS), ATP-induced depolarizations, high affinity external 3zP-ATP binding and contains membrane ..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION BY ATP/UTP RECEPTORSGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 1993..Recent physiological, biochemical, and pharmacological studies indicate that there are multiple ATP receptor subtypes: 1) ATP receptors which directly activate cation channels in some excitable cell types; 2) ATP ..
- STUDY OF ACTIVITY-DEPENDENT SYMPATHETIC SPROUTINGJun Ming Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..New reagents for specific ATP receptor subtypes will help investigate its role...
- ADENOSINE & KATP CHANNEL CONTROL OF CORONARY BLOOD FLOWERIC FEIGL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed basic research is fundamental to understanding the normal coronary physiology that underlies coronary artery disease. ..
- REGULATION OF AIRWAY GOBLET CELL MUCIN RELEASE IN VITROKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 1993..by putative antagonists indicate that the action of ATP may be mediated by the recently described P2-type ATP receptor, likely the P2y subtype...
- Regulation of Gliosis by Purinergic Receptor SignalingW Dalton Dietrich; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objective of this application is to determine how ATP receptor/ERK signaling regulates the commitment to cell cycle progression or growth arrest in astrocytes...
- ATP RECEPTORS IN MACROPHAGES AND MONOCYTESGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our studies indicate that at least four ATP receptor subtypes are differentially expressed in mature phagocytic leukocytes and in myeloid progenitor cells...
- Coronary PhysiologyEric O Feigl; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is a resubmission of RO1 HL 082781-01-A1 (This time as a modular grant.) ..
- Coronary PhysiologyERIC FEIGL; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is a resubmission of RO1 HL 082781-01-A1 (This time as a modular grant.) ..
- Regulation of Caspase-1 Signaling and Inflammation by the P2X7 ATP ReceptorGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Caspase-1 Signaling and Inflammation by the P2X7 ATP ReceptorGeorge R Dubyak; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Caspase-1 Signaling and Inflammation by the P2X7 ATP ReceptorGEORGE DUBYAK; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Molecular Basis for ADP-Induced Platelet ActivationSatya P Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2010..the previous grant periods, we have demonstrated the presence of three ADP receptor subtypes, P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1 on platelets and elucidated several signaling mechanisms in platelets...
- Platelet ADP receptorsSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2007..During the previous grant period, we have demonstrated 3 ADP receptor subtypes, P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1, on platelets and elucidated a number of signaling mechanisms in platelets...
- Molecular Basis for ADP-Induced Platelet ActivationSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2006..During the previous grant period, we have demonstrated three ADP receptor subtypes, P2Y1, P2Y12, and P2X1, on platelets and elucidated a number of signaling mechanisms in platelets...