Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: p27
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B (p27, Kip1)
Alias: CDKN4, KIP1, MEN1B, MEN4, P27KIP1, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Angiotensin II regulates the cell cycle of vascular smooth muscle cells from SHRA Kubo
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hypertens 13:1117-24. 2000..Expression of CDK2 inhibitor p27(kip1) mRNA was markedly higher in VSMC from SHR than in cells from WKY rats...
- Rho activity can alter the translation of p27 mRNA and is important for RasV12-induced transformation in a manner dependent on p27 statusAnxo Vidal
Programs in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16433-40. 2002The amount of p27(Kip1) establishes a threshold to which G(1) cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase complexes must surpass prior to cells progressing into S-phase...
- SKP2 is required for ubiquitin-mediated degradation of the CDK inhibitor p27A C Carrano
Department of Pathology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Nat Cell Biol 1:193-9. 1999Degradation of the mammalian cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor p27 is required for the cellular transition from quiescence to the proliferative state...
- The energy sensing LKB1-AMPK pathway regulates p27(kip1) phosphorylation mediating the decision to enter autophagy or apoptosisJiyong Liang
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 9:218-24. 2007..We present evidence that the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1), is phosphorylated at Thr 198 downstream of the Peutz-Jeghers syndrome protein-AMP-activated protein kinase (LKB1-..
- Germ-line mutations in p27Kip1 cause a multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome in rats and humansNatalia S Pellegata
Institutes of Pathology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15558-63. 2006..identification of a homozygous frameshift mutation in Cdkn1b, encoding the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1). As a consequence of the mutation, MENX-affected rats show dramatic reduction in p27(Kip1) protein...
- Rare germline mutations in cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor genes in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 and related statesSunita K Agarwal
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1802, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1826-34. 2009..However, the prevalence of identifiable germline MEN1 mutations in familial MEN1 cases is only 70%. Some cases may have a germline mutation in another gene such as the p27 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor (CDKI).
- Phosphorylation of p27Kip1 at Thr-157 interferes with its association with importin alpha during G1 and prevents nuclear re-entryIncheol Shin
Department of Cancer Biology and Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 280:6055-63. 2005We have studied mechanisms of Akt-mediated phosphorylation and regulation of cellular localization of p27. Akt phosphorylates Thr-157 in p27 and retains it in the cytosol...
- Role of T198 modification in the regulation of p27(Kip1) protein stability and functionMonica Schiappacassi
Division of Experimental Oncology 2, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e17673. 2011The tumor suppressor gene p27(Kip1) plays a fundamental role in human cancer progression. Its expression and/or functions are altered in almost all the different tumor histotype analyzed so far...
- p27(Kip1)-stathmin interaction influences sarcoma cell migration and invasionGustavo Baldassarre
Oncologia Sperimentale 2, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, IRCCS, Aviano 33081, Italy
Cancer Cell 7:51-63. 2005..Here, we report that cytoplasmic expression of p27(kip1) affects microtubule (MT) stability following cell adhesion on extracellular matrix (ECM) constituents...
- Germline CDKN1B/p27Kip1 mutation in multiple endocrine neoplasiaMarianthi Georgitsi
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3321-5. 2007..Recently, a germline mutation in the CDKN1B gene, encoding p27(Kip1), was reported in one suspected MEN1 family with two acromegalic patients.
- A novel germline CDKN1B mutation causing multiple endocrine tumors: clinical, genetic and functional characterizationSara Molatore
Institute of Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Hum Mutat 31:E1825-35. 2010..Recently, mutations in CDKN1B,encoding the cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27, were identified in patients having a MEN1-like phenotype but no MEN1 gene mutations...
- CaMKII phosphorylates serine 10 of p27 and confers apoptosis resistance to HeLa cellsRyutaro Kajihara
Department of Immunology and Hematology, Division of Health Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 401:350-5. 2010..CaMKII phosphorylation and the expression of p27 were increased in DN-PP6 transfectants...
- Downregulation of Skp2 and p27/Kip1 synergistically induces apoptosis in T98G glioblastoma cellsSang Hyun Lee
Cancer Research Institute and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:296-307. 2005..We downregulated Skp2 in T98G glioblastoma cells using small interfering RNA (siRNA). Downregulation induced p27 and caused growth arrest and apoptosis. Downregulation of both Skp2 and p27 increased apoptosis synergistically...
- Inverse correlation between Skp2 and p27(Kip1) in normal endometrium and endometrial carcinomaTsutomu Miyamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:220-9. 2010Cyclin-dependent-kinase (cdk) inhibitor, p27(Kip1) (p27), has been shown to participate in progestin-induced growth suppression of normal endometrial glands...
- Progression of LNCaP prostate tumor cells during androgen deprivation: hormone-independent growth, repression of proliferation by androgen, and role for p27Kip1 in androgen-induced cell cycle arrestJ M Kokontis
Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:941-53. 1998..the cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk) inhibitor p21waf1/cip1 in 104-R1 cells, while expression of the cdk inhibitor p27Kip1 was persistently induced by androgen in both 104-R1 and 104-R2 cells...
- A functional link between Wnt signaling and SKP2-independent p27 turnover in mammary tumorsGustavo A Miranda-Carboni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Genes Dev 22:3121-34. 2008Loss of the CDK inhibitor p27(KIP1) is widely linked with poor prognosis in human cancer...
- Complex regulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27kip1 in thyroid cancer cells by the PI3K/AKT pathway: regulation of p27kip1 expression and localizationMaria Letizia Motti
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare L Califano, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Am J Pathol 166:737-49. 2005Functional inactivation of the tumor suppressor p27(kip1) in human cancer occurs either through loss of expression or through phosphorylation-dependent cytoplasmic sequestration...
- MicroRNAs (miR)-221 and miR-222, both overexpressed in human thyroid papillary carcinomas, regulate p27Kip1 protein levels and cell cycleRosa Visone
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare c o Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini, 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:791-8. 2007..Bioinformatic analysis proposed the p27(Kip1) protein, a key regulator of cell cycle, as a candidate target for the miR-221/222 cluster...
- Cytoplasmic relocalization and inhibition of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) by PKB/Akt-mediated phosphorylation in breast cancerGiuseppe Viglietto
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR c o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Naples, Italy
Nat Med 8:1136-44. 2002The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(kip1) is a putative tumor suppressor for human cancer. The mechanism underlying p27(kip1) deregulation in human cancer is, however, poorly understood...
- RSK1 drives p27Kip1 phosphorylation at T198 to promote RhoA inhibition and increase cell motilityMICHELLE D LARREA
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9268-73. 2009..We present evidence that RSK1 drives p27 phosphorylation at T198 to increase RhoA-p27 binding and cell motility...
- Regulation of p27 degradation and S-phase progression by Ro52 RING finger proteinAbdelmajid Sabile
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Honggerberg, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 26:5994-6004. 2006Ubiquitin-mediated degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 provides a powerful route for enforcing normal progression through the mammalian cell cycle...
- Assessment of p27 (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 1B) and aryl hydrocarbon receptor-interacting protein (AIP) genes in multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN1) syndrome patients without any detectable MEN1 gene mutationsSusana Igreja
Department of Endocrinology, Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:259-64. 2009..endocrine tumours, a phenotypic overlap of both MEN1 and MEN2, has been reported to have a homozygous germline p27 (CDKN1B) mutation...
- Inverse relationship between p27/Kip.1 and the F-box protein Skp2 in human astrocytic gliomas by immunohistochemistry and Western blotDavide Schiffer
Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Via Cherasco 15, Turin, Italy
Neurosci Lett 328:125-8. 2002The F-box protein Skp2 regulates G1-S transition by controlling p27/Kip.1. The deregulated expression of p27/Kip.1 plays a critical role in the pathogenesis of many human tumors...
- Mitogenic regulation of p27(Kip1) gene is mediated by AP-1 transcription factorsEkta Khattar
Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
J Biol Chem 285:4554-61. 2010The abundance of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) during the cell cycle determines whether cells will proliferate or become quiescent...
- Elevated Skp2 protein expression in human prostate cancer: association with loss of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 and PTEN and with reduced recurrence-free survivalGuang Yang
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3419-26. 2002..regulator of G1-S transition and promotes ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27. Its overexpression has been implicated in cell transformation and oncogenesis in both in vitro and in vivo models...
- Combined PTEN and p27kip1 protein expression patterns are associated with obesity and prognosis in endometrial carcinomasAthanassios Dellas
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 15:2456-62. 2009Phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted from chromosome 10 (PTEN) and p27(kip1) proteins are key players of the Akt pathway, which is nutritionally regulated by insulin receptor signaling and influenced by estrogens...
- Somatic mutation and germline sequence abnormalities in CDKN1B, encoding p27Kip1, in sporadic parathyroid adenomasJessica Costa-Guda
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3101, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E701-6. 2011..CDKN1B, encoding cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(kip1), has recently been implicated in a multiple endocrine tumor phenotype in rats and, rarely, in a human familial ..
- Molecular dissection of the interaction between p27 and Kip1 ubiquitylation-promoting complex, the ubiquitin ligase that regulates proteolysis of p27 in G1 phaseShuhei Kotoshiba
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582
J Biol Chem 280:17694-700. 2005..We recently identified a novel ubiquitin ligase, KPC (Kip1 ubiquitylation-promoting complex), consisting of KPC1 and KPC2, which regulates the ubiquitin-dependent degradation ..
- Phosphorylation of p27Kip1 on serine 10 is required for its binding to CRM1 and nuclear exportNoriko Ishida
Departments of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Molecular Genetics, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:14355-8. 2002Phosphorylation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) has been thought to regulate its stability. Ser(10) is the major phosphorylation site of p27(Kip1), and phosphorylation of this residue affects protein stability...
- p27 phosphorylation by Src regulates inhibition of cyclin E-Cdk2Isabel Chu
Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute of the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cell 128:281-94. 2007The kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 regulates the G1 cell cycle phase. Here, we present data indicating that the oncogenic kinase Src regulates p27 stability through phosphorylation of p27 at tyrosine 74 and tyrosine 88...
- C-terminal phosphorylation controls the stability and function of p27kip1Uta Kossatz
Institute for Molecular Biology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
EMBO J 25:5159-70. 2006..Degradation of p27kip1 is known to be a central component of this process as it allows controlled activation of cdk2-associated kinase ..
- Crystal structure of the p27Kip1 cyclin-dependent-kinase inhibitor bound to the cyclin A-Cdk2 complexA A Russo
Cellular Biochemistry and Biophysics Program, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10021, USA
Nature 382:325-31. 1996The crystal structure of the human p27Kip1 kinase inhibitory domain bound to the phosphorylated cyclin A-cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2) complex has been determined at 2.3 angstrom...
- Regulation of the p27(Kip1) tumor suppressor by miR-221 and miR-222 promotes cancer cell proliferationCarlos le Sage
Division of Tumor Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 26:3699-708. 2007..novel functional genetic approach and identified miR-221 and miR-222 (miR-221&222) as potent regulators of p27(Kip1), a cell cycle inhibitor and tumor suppressor...
- Cytoplasmic ubiquitin ligase KPC regulates proteolysis of p27(Kip1) at G1 phaseTakumi Kamura
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:1229-35. 2004The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) is degraded at the G0-G1 transition of the cell cycle by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway...
- Phosphorylation of Ser72 is dispensable for Skp2 assembly into an active SCF ubiquitin ligase and its subcellular localizationTarig Bashir
Department of Pathology, New York University Cancer Institute, Smilow Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 9:971-4. 2010..Skp2 is a nuclear F-box protein that targets the CDK inhibitor p27 for ubiquitin- and proteasome-dependent degradation...
- Pim kinases promote cell cycle progression by phosphorylating and down-regulating p27Kip1 at the transcriptional and posttranscriptional levelsDaisuke Morishita
Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 68:5076-85. 2008..family members (Pim1, Pim2, and Pim3) bind to and directly phosphorylate the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) at threonine-157 and threonine-198 residues in cells and in vitro...
- MiR-221 controls CDKN1C/p57 and CDKN1B/p27 expression in human hepatocellular carcinomaF Fornari
1Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Gastroenterologia e Centro di Ricerca Biomedica Applicata, Universita di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola, Bologna, Italy
Oncogene 27:5651-61. 2008..One proven target of miR-221 is CDKN1B/p27, whose downregulation affects HCC prognosis...
- The cell cycle regulator p27Kip1 interacts with MCM7, a DNA replication licensing factor, to inhibit initiation of DNA replicationShriram Nallamshetty
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 50, Room 4523, 50 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FEBS Lett 579:6529-36. 2005..Here, we report a novel function for the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 in inhibiting DNA replication through its interaction with MCM7, a DNA replication protein that is essential for ..
- p27Kip1 promotes migration of metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma cellsXiao Qi Wang
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Tumour Biol 29:217-23. 2008p27(Kip1) (p27) is a member of the Cip/Kip family of cyclin/cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (CKIs), and its CKI-independent function regarding cell motility modulation has been discovered...
- Cdk-inhibitory activity and stability of p27Kip1 are directly regulated by oncogenic tyrosine kinasesMatthias Grimmler
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Cell 128:269-80. 2007b>p27Kip1 controls cell proliferation by binding to and regulating the activity of cyclin-dependent kinases (Cdks). Here we show that Cdk inhibition and p27 stability are regulated through direct phosphorylation by tyrosine kinases...
- Association between the V109G polymorphism of the p27 gene and the risk and progression of oral squamous cell carcinomaGuojun Li
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:3996-4002. 2004Abnormalities in p27 may alter cell cycle delay required for DNA repair after exposure to carcinogens...
- CDKN1A and CDKN1B polymorphisms and risk of advanced prostate carcinomaAdam S Kibel
Departments of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 63:2033-6. 2003..nucleotide polymorphic variants in the 3'-untranslated region of CDKN1A (p21(cip1)) and in codon 109 of CDKN1B (p27(kip1)) for association with advanced prostate cancer in a European-American population...
- Prevalence of AIP mutations in a large series of sporadic Italian acromegalic patients and evaluation of CDKN1B status in acromegalic patients with multiple endocrine neoplasiaG Occhi
Endocrinology Division, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Via Ospedale, 105, 35128 Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 163:369-76. 2010..hereditary conditions, familial isolated pituitary adenoma (FIPA) and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 (MEN4)...
- Direct binding of the signal-transducing adaptor Grb2 facilitates down-regulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1Y Sugiyama
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:12084-90. 2001..expression of Jab1/CSN5 induces specific down-regulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27 (p27(Kip1)) in a manner dependent upon transportation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of adenovirus vectors expressing cyclin kinase inhibitors p16INK4A, p18INK4C, p19INK4D, p21(WAF1/CIP1) and p27KIP1 in inducing cell cycle arrest, apoptosis and inhibition of tumorigenicityM Schreiber
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 18:1663-76. 1999..vectors were constructed to overexpress cyclin kinase inhibitors p16INK4A, p18INK4C, p19INK4D, p21(WAF1/CIP1) and p27KIP1 under the control of the murine cytomegalovirus immediate early gene promoter...
- p27(kip1) and Ki-67 (MIB1) immunohistochemical expression in radical prostatectomy specimens of patients with clinically localized prostate cancerKyriakos Revelos
Department of Pathology, Evangelismos General Hospital, Athens, Greece
In Vivo 19:911-20. 2005The immunohistochemical expressions (IE) of p27(kip1) and Ki-67 (MIB-1), both involved in cell cycle regulation and cell proliferation, and their ability to predict biochemical failure, were assessed in patients with clinically localized ..
- Loss of cell cycle regulators p27(Kip1) and cyclin E in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder correlates with tumor grade and patient survivalJ J Del Pizzo
Division of Urology, Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Pathol 155:1129-36. 1999The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) is a powerful molecular determinant of cell cycle progression. Loss of expression of p27(Kip1) has been shown to be predictive of disease progression in several human malignancies...
- High expression of Pirh2, an E3 ligase for p27, is associated with low expression of p27 and poor prognosis in head and neck cancersMai Shimada
Department of Biochemistry 1, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:866-72. 2009Downregulation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitory protein p27 is frequently observed in various cancers due to enhancement of its degradation...
- A prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia-dependent p27 Kip1 checkpoint induces senescence and inhibits cell proliferation and cancer progressionPradip K Majumder
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 14:146-55. 2008..In luminal epithelial cells of Akt-driven PIN, we show the concomitant induction of p27(Kip1) and senescence...
- Inactivation of p27Kip1 by the viral E1A oncoprotein in TGFbeta-treated cellsA Mal
Department of Molecular Biology, Cleveland Clinic Research Institute, Ohio 44195, USA
Nature 380:262-5. 1996..4), inactivation of the cyclin E/A-cdk2 complex by the inhibitory protein p27Kip1 (refs 5-7), and with the accumulation of unphosphorylated retinoblastoma protein...
- Low expression of p27(Kip1) is associated with tumor size and poor prognosis in patients with renal cell carcinomaToshiro Migita
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 94:973-9. 2002Proliferative activity in tumors depends on regulation of the cell cycle. p27(Kip1) (p27) plays a pivotal role as a negative regulator of the cell cycle...
- Combined loss of PTEN and p27 expression is associated with tumor cell proliferation by Ki-67 and increased risk of recurrent disease in localized prostate cancerOle J Halvorsen
Department of Pathology, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 9:1474-9. 2003Recent experimental work indicates a major role for PTEN and p27 in prostate cancer...
- Prognostic impact of Skp2 and p27 in human breast cancerFrank Traub
Institue of Pathology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625, Hannover, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:185-91. 2006..cycle is controlled by cyclin-dependent kinases and one of the key players is the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27. The F-box protein Skp2 is a regulator of G1-S transition and promotes specifically the ubiquitin-mediated ..
- Akt-dependent phosphorylation of p27Kip1 promotes binding to 14-3-3 and cytoplasmic localizationNaoya Fujita
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:28706-13. 2002In many human cancers, the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) is expressed at low or undetectable levels...
- Phosphorylation of Ser72 does not regulate the ubiquitin ligase activity and subcellular localization of Skp2Christel Boutonnet
Institut de Recherche en Immunologie et Cancérologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Cell Cycle 9:975-9. 2010..We show here that phosphorylation of Ser72 does not control Skp2 binding to Skp1 and Cul1, has no influence on SCF(Skp2) ubiquitin ligase activity, and does not affect the subcellular localization of Skp2 in a panel of cell lines...
- Substrate recruitment to cyclin-dependent kinase 2 by a multipurpose docking site on cyclin AB A Schulman
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10453-8. 1998..In the x-ray structure of cyclin A-cdk2-p27, this hydrophobic patch contacts the RNLFG sequence in p27 that is common to a number of substrates and inhibitors ..
- The F-box protein SKP2 mediates androgen control of p27 stability in LNCaP human prostate cancer cellsLifang Lu
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
BMC Cell Biol 3:22. 2002The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27 is a putative tumor suppressor that is downregulated in the majority of human prostate cancers...
- p27(kip1) functional regulation in human cancer: a potential target for therapeutic designsB Belletti
Division of Experimental Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Via Pedemontana Occidentale, 12, Aviano 33081, Italy
Curr Med Chem 12:1589-605. 2005..The present review will deal with the role of one of this CKI, p27(kip1), in human cancer, focusing in particular on the mechanisms underlying its functional inactivation in tumor cells...
- The role of p27Kip1 in proteasome inhibitor induced apoptosisHannes C A Drexler
Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Cell Cycle 2:438-41. 2003..Conflicting results have been reported on the role of the CKI p27Kip1 either in promoting or inhibiting apoptosis mediated by proteasome inhibitors and other drugs...
- A CDK-independent function of mammalian Cks1: targeting of SCF(Skp2) to the CDK inhibitor p27Kip1C Spruck
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell 7:639-50. 2001..Here we demonstrate that Cks1 directs the ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of the CDK-bound substrate p27Kip1 by the protein ubiquitin ligase (E3) SCF(Skp2)...
- [Expression and significance of Ser10 phosphorylated p27(kip1) and JAB1 protein in human hepatocellular carcinoma]Mu dan Lu
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 36:840-1. 2007
- p27-Associated G1 arrest induced by hinokitiol in human malignant melanoma cells is mediated via down-regulation of pRb, Skp2 ubiquitin ligase, and impairment of Cdk2 functionShicheng Liu
Research and Development Department, Nipro Patch Co, Ltd, Kasukabe, Saitama 344 0057, Japan
Cancer Lett 286:240-9. 2009..Consistent with blocking the G1-S-phase transition, hinokitiol markedly increased p27 protein levels, but caused only a moderate increase in p21, in addition to a decrease in Cdk2, cyclin E, and ..
- Pirh2 promotes ubiquitin-dependent degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1Takayuki Hattori
Department of Biochemistry 1, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, Japan
Cancer Res 67:10789-95. 2007The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) is degraded in late G(1) phase by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, allowing cells to enter S phase...
- Regulation of p27Kip1 by miRNA 221/222 in glioblastomaJana K Gillies
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:2005-9. 2007Levels of p27(Kip1), a key negative regulator of the cell cycle, are often decreased in cancer...
- Cytoplasmic localization of Jab1 and p27 Kip1 might be associated with invasiveness of papillary thyroid carcinomaJihyun Ahn
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Endocr J 56:707-13. 2009p27(kip1) is a well known negative regulator of cell cycle progression. Jab1 directly binds to p27(kip1) and induces nuclear export and subsequent degradation...
- Down-regulation of p27(Kip1) by two mechanisms, ubiquitin-mediated degradation and proteolytic processingM Shirane
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:13886-93. 1999The intracellular level of p27(Kip1), a cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitory protein, is rapidly reduced at the G1/S transition phase when the cell cycle pause ceases...
- A molecularly genetic determination of prognostic factors of the prostate cancer and their relationships to expression of protein p27kip1J Dvorackova
CGB laborator spol s r o Ostrava
Neoplasma 54:149-54. 2007..their relationship to the prognosis of prostate cancer patients in relation to Gleason score and expression of p27Kip1. We chose a subgroup of 17 monitored patients who had died during five years following diagnosis, and a group of ..
- Patterns of expression of cell cycle/apoptosis genes along the spectrum of thyroid carcinoma progressionBenjamin Saltman
Department of Otolaryngology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10021, USA
Surgery 140:899-905; discussion 905-6. 2006..The aim of this study is to determine to what extent cell cycle/apoptosis regulators contribute to cancer progression...
- Argyrin a reveals a critical role for the tumor suppressor protein p27(kip1) in mediating antitumor activities in response to proteasome inhibitionIrina Nickeleit
Institute for Molecular Biology, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Cancer Cell 14:23-35. 2008A reduction in the cellular levels of the cyclin kinase inhibitor p27(kip1) is frequently found in many human cancers and correlates directly with patient prognosis...
- Variant genotypes of CDKN1A and CDKN1B are associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in Chinese womenHongxia Ma
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine and Applied Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Int J Cancer 119:2173-8. 2006p21(Cip1) and p27(Kip1) are cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors, which can arrest cell proliferation and serve as tumor suppressors...
- Frequent loss of expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(Kip1) in estrogen-related Endometrial adenocarcinomasValeria Masciullo
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:5332-8. 2003p27(Kip1) is a member of the Cip1/Kip1 family of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors and is a potential tumor suppressor gene...
- Jun activation domain binding protein 1 expression is associated with low p27(Kip1)levels in node-negative breast cancerFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:5652-9. 2003..in breast cancer tissue and adjacent normal tissue, to determine whether JAB1 expression is associated with p27(Kip1) expression in invasive breast carcinomas, and to evaluate the prognostic significance of JAB1 and p27(Kip1) in ..
- A polymorphism in the CDKN1B gene is associated with increased risk of hereditary prostate cancerBao Li Chang
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cancer Res 64:1997-9. 2004The loss of cell cycle control is believed to be an important mechanism in the promotion of carcinogenesis. CDKN1B (p27) belongs to the Cip/Kip family and functions as an important cell cycle gatekeeper...
- The V109G polymorphism of the p27 gene CDKN1B indicates a worse outcome in node-negative breast cancer patientsThomas Schondorf
Department of Natural Sciences, University of Applied Sciences Bonn Rhein Sieg, DE 53359 Rheinbach, Germany
Tumour Biol 25:306-12. 2004Although p27 plays a central role in cell cycle regulation, its role in breast cancer prognosis is controversial. Furthermore, the p27 gene CDKN1B carries a polymorphism with unknown functional relevance...
- Cdk6-cyclin D3 complex evades inhibition by inhibitor proteins and uniquely controls cell's proliferation competenceJ Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Oncogene 20:2000-9. 2001..rat fibroblast, only Cdk6-D3 retains kinase activity due mainly to its ability to evade inhibition by p27(KIP1) and p21(CIP1) with a resemblance to viral cyclin-bound Cdk6...
- Paradoxical expression of cell cycle inhibitor p27 in endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterine corpus - correlation with proliferation and clinicopathological parametersJ Watanabe
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 228 8555, Japan
Br J Cancer 87:81-5. 2002b>p27 is regarded as a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor of the G1-to-S cell cycle progression by suppressing the kinase activity of cyclin/cyclin-dependent kinase complex...
- Deregulated degradation of the cdk inhibitor p27 and malignant transformationJoanna Bloom
Department of Pathology and NYU Cancer Instutute, MSB599, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 13:41-7. 2003b>p27 acts as a critical negative regulator of the cell cycle by inhibiting the activity of cyclin/cdk complexes during G0 and G1...
- CRM1/Ran-mediated nuclear export of p27(Kip1) involves a nuclear export signal and links p27 export and proteolysisMichael K Connor
Molecular and Cell Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4N 3M5
Mol Biol Cell 14:201-13. 2003We show that p27 localization is cell cycle regulated and we suggest that active CRM1/RanGTP-mediated nuclear export of p27 may be linked to cytoplasmic p27 proteolysis in early G1...
- Requirement of p27Kip1 for restriction point control of the fibroblast cell cycleS Coats
Department of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Science 272:877-80. 1996..Murine Balb/c-3T3 fibroblasts deprived of serum mitogens accumulated the cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor p27Kip1. This was correlated with inactivation of essential G1 cyclin-CDK complexes and with cell cycle arrest in G1...
- Cyclin E-CDK2 is a regulator of p27Kip1R J Sheaff
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center FHCRC, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Genes Dev 11:1464-78. 1997..We show that expression of cyclin E-CDK2 in murine fibroblasts causes phosphorylation of the CDK inhibitor p27Kip1 on T187, and that cyclin E-CDK2 can directly phosphorylate p27 T187 in vitro...
- Down-regulation of p27 is associated with malignant transformation and aggressive phenotype of cervical neoplasmsLee Wen Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Gynecol Oncol 85:524-8. 2002b>p27Kip1 (p27) is a member of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor family. The level of p27 protein expression decreases during tumor development and progression in some epithelial tumors...
- Translational control of p27Kip1 accumulation during the cell cycleL Hengst
Department of Molecular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 271:1861-4. 1996..The p28lck1 protein was shown to be identical to p27Kip1, and the periodic or induced inhibitory activity resulted from a periodic accumulation of the protein...
- p27Kip1: chromosomal mapping to 12p12-12p13.1 and absence of mutations in human tumorsM V Ponce-Castañeda
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Cancer Res 55:1211-4. 1995The p27Kip1 gene codes for a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor implicated in G1 arrest by transforming growth factor beta, cell-cell contact, agents that elevate cyclic AMP, and the growth-inhibitory drug rapamycin...
- Distinct altered patterns of p27KIP1 gene expression in benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatic carcinomaC Cordon-Cardo
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1284-91. 1998The p27KIP1 gene, whose protein product is a negative regulator of the cell cycle, is a potential tumor suppressor gene; however, no tumor-specific mutations of this gene have been found in humans...
- Assignment of the human p27Kip1 gene to 12p13 and its analysis in leukemiasJ A Pietenpol
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21231
Cancer Res 55:1206-10. 1995The p27Kip1 (p27) gene encodes an inducible inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinase activity. Using a murine p27 cDNA as probe, we obtained a human cDNA clone and subsequently used it to isolate a genomic clone of this gene...
- Ubiquitination of p27 is regulated by Cdk-dependent phosphorylation and trimeric complex formationA Montagnoli
Department of Pathology and Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Genes Dev 13:1181-9. 1999The cellular abundance of the cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27 is regulated by the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Activation of p27 degradation is seen in proliferating cells and in many types of aggressive human carcinomas...
- Increased apoptosis in differentiating p27-deficient mouse embryonic stem cellsV Bryja
Center for Cell Therapy and Tissue Repair, Charles University, V Uvalu 84, 150 06 Prague, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:1384-400. 2004In mouse embryonic stem (mES) cells, the expression of p27 is elevated when differentiation is induced...
- A U-rich element in the 5' untranslated region is necessary for the translation of p27 mRNAS S Millard
Graduate Program in Cell Biology and Genetics, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5947-59. 2000Increased translation of p27 mRNA correlates with withdrawal of cells from the cell cycle...
- Kip1 degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayS W Tam
Mitotix Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Leukemia 11:363-6. 1997..b>Kip1 is a potent inhibitor of Cdks. In quiescent cells Kip1 accumulates without an increase in mRNA or protein synthesis...
- p27kip1 Antisense-induced proliferative activity of rat corneal endothelial cellsMichiharu Kikuchi
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1763-70. 2004To determine whether antisense downregulation of p27(kip1) will overcome G(1)-phase arrest and promote cell cycle progression in rat corneal endothelial cells (CECs).
- Concordant upregulation of type II-TGF-beta-receptor, the cyclin-dependent kinases inhibitor P27Kip1 and cyclin E in human atherosclerotic tissue: implications for lesion cellularityC Ihling
Department of Pathology, University of Freiburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 144:7-14. 1999..of TGF-beta-RI and TGF-beta-RII, we investigated the topographical association between TGF-beta-RI, TGF-beta-RII, P27Kip1 and CE by immunohistochemistry in coronary artery segments without atherosclerosis and carotid atheromatous ..
- Aberrant expression of p27(Kip1)-interacting cell-cycle regulatory proteins in ovarian clear cell carcinomas and their precursors with special consideration of two distinct multistage clear cell carcinogenetic pathwaysSohei Yamamoto
Department of Basic Pathology, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama, 359 8513, Japan
Virchows Arch 455:413-22. 2009We have previously reported that alterations of p27(Kip1)-interacting cell-cycle proteins frequently occur during the development of endometriosis-associated ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma (CCA; Yamamoto et al...
- Cell cycle dysregulation influences survival in high risk breast cancer patientsRobert Königsberg
Third Medical Department, Centre for Oncology and Hematology, CEADDP, Applied Cancer Research, Institution for Translational Research Vienna, and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Applied Cancer Research, Vienna, Austria
Cancer Invest 26:734-40. 2008..studies suggested that dysregulation of cyclin A, cyclin D, cyclin E, p16(ink4), p21(waf1/cip1), and p27(kip1) are of prognostic value in patients with breast cancer...
- Expression of cell cycle proteins in ovarian carcinoma cells in serous effusions-biological and prognostic implicationsB Davidson
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Gynecol Oncol 83:249-56. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of cell cycle proteins in ovarian carcinoma cells in serous effusions and respective solid tumors...
- Cell cycle regulatory proteins and apoptosis in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaD Wolowiec
Department of Hematology, Medical University, ul Pasteura 4, PL 50 367 Wroclaw, Poland
Haematologica 86:1296-304. 2001..A particular role in the regulation of these phenomena is played by proteins involved in early G1 phase regulation: pRb kinases: cyclin-dependent kinases (cdk): cdk4 and cdk6 activated by cyclins D, and universal cdk inhibitor p27(Kip1).
- Reduced levels of the cell-cycle inhibitor p27Kip1 in epithelial dysplasia and carcinoma of the oral cavityR C Jordan
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 152:585-90. 1998..Alterations in the cdk inhibitors also appear to be important in cancer development in a number of human tumors. p27Kip1 is a member of the CIP/KIP family of cdk inhibitors that negatively regulates cyclin-cdk complexes...
- Altered expression of cell cycle proteins and prolonged duration of cardiac myocyte hyperplasia in p27KIP1 knockout miceR A Poolman
Cardiovascular Cellular and Molecular Biology, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Circ Res 85:117-27. 1999..We report that loss of p27(KIP1) in the mouse results in a significant increase in heart size and in the total number of cardiac myocytes...
- Expression patterns of cyclins D1, E and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p21waf1/cip1, p27kip1 in colorectal carcinoma: correlation with other cell cycle regulators (pRb, p53 and Ki-67 and PCNA) and clinicopathological featuresE Ioachim
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Int J Clin Pract 62:1736-43. 2008..The expression patterns of cyclins D1 and E as well as cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitors p21waf1/cip1 and p27kip1 and their interrelationship with other cell cycle checkpoint proteins [p53, pRb, Ki-67 and proliferative cell ..
- p27(Kip1) Knockout mice are protected from diabetic nephropathy: evidence for p27(Kip1) haplotype insufficiencyGunter Wolf
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Kidney Int 68:1583-9. 2005High glucose up-regulates the mesangial cell expression of p27(Kip1), an inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases/cyclin complexes...
- Angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy of proximal tubular cells requires p27Kip1Gunter Wolf
Division of Nephrology and Osteology, Department of Medicine, University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Kidney Int 64:71-81. 2003..Ang II also stimulated the expression of p27Kip1, an inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK)...
- Cell type-specific induction of cyclin D and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27(kip1) expression by estrogen in rat endometriumY H Zhuang
Department of Cell Biology, Tampere University Medical School, 33014, Tampere, Finland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 78:193-9. 2001Cyclins, cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) and the CDK inhibitor p27(kip1) are known to be involved in the regulation of G(1)/S phase transition by estrogen in the rodent endometrium...
- B-RAF Regulation of the Cell Cycle in MelanomaAndrew E Aplin; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells elevates activation of the MEK-ERK1/2 pathway and regulates two key G1 cell cycle proteins: cyclin D1 and p27Kip1. Our preliminary data indicate that mutant B-RAF signaling and cyclin D1 regulate p27Kip1 via expression of Skp2 ..
- Signaling Pathways in Hepatic FibrogenesisBruce Bacon; Fiscal Year: 2005..cell cycle, and is dependent on the balance of positive (cyclins, cyclin-dependent kinases; CDK) and negative (p27Kip1) regulatory cell-cycle proteins...
- Mechanisms of p27Kipl Proteolysis in Cancer CellsXuedong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2009The cyclin kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 is a potent inhibitor of cell proliferation and plays important roles in the suppression of tumorigenesis in a variety of human cancers...
- Cadherin-PS1-gamma-secretase signal transduction pathwayNIKOLAOS ROBAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..of about 20kDa (termed pC20) and regulate expression of both cyclin D1 and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1, two important cell cycle proteins. pC20 seems to be derived from a larger cadherin precursor termed pC35...
- Mechanism of tumor suppression by p27Matthew Fero; Fiscal Year: 2003..Fero to further our understanding of tumor suppression by the cell cycle inhibitor (CKI) gene p27kip1, while making a transition in his career from the position of a mentored researcher to an independent ..
- BREAST INDUCIBLE ANTISENSE CYCLIN D1 TRANSGENIC MICERichard Pestell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Activity of the cyclin D1 complex is inhibited by kinase inhibitor proteins including p16Knk4a and p27Kip1. Cyclin D1 levels are increased in 70-100 percent of breast tumor cell lines and the majority of human breast ..
- Bioflavonoid Effects on EGF Signaling and Cell Cycle Pathways in Prostate CancerBARRY MATTHEW MARKAVERICH; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may lead to the development of new drugs and/or dietary components for use in cancer prevention or treatment. ..
- Bioflavonoid Effects on EGF Signaling and Cell Cycle Pathways in Prostate CancerBarry Markaverich; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies may lead to the development of new drugs and/or dietary components for use in cancer prevention or treatment. ..
- Cell cycle control of vascular remodelingRICHARD ASSOIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..find that these positive and negative regulators act largely by controlling levels of the cdk inhibitory protein, p27kip1. Moreover, this convergence is also seen in the regulation of Skp2, the E3 ubiquitin ligase that controls the ..
- Cell cycle control of vascular remodelingRICHARD ASSOIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..find that these positive and negative regulators act largely by controlling levels of the cdk inhibitory protein, p27kip1. Moreover, this convergence is also seen in the regulation of Skp2, the E3 ubiquitin ligase that controls the ..
- Regulation of cyclin D3 in B lymphocyte developmentMarcus R Clark; Fiscal Year: 2010..a novel, lymphoid specific mechanism, controls the subnuclear location of cyclin D3 relative to the inhibitor p27kip1 and the CDK4/Rb effector complex...
- ECM MATRIX, PROTEASE AND MELANOMA PROLIFERATIONYves DeClerck; Fiscal Year: 2007..interphase and that this arrest involves a specific up-regulation of the cell cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor p27KIP1 (Henriet et al., PNAS, 97:10026-10031, 2000)...
- MOLECULAR-GENETIC ANALYSIS OF 3P14 GENOMIC STABILITYHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..and JAB 1 has also been shown to regulate nuclear-cytoplasmic transport and proteasome-mediated degradation of p27 kip1, which is characteristically abnormal in RCCs and which has been linked to VHL mutations...
- Physiologic Regulation of Hematopoiesis by NotchNadia Carlesso; Fiscal Year: 2009..activation of SKP2, the F-box subunit of the SCFskp2 complex that targets the cell cycle inhibitors p27Kip1 and p21Cip1 for degradation, promoting their downregulation and the entry into S-phase...
- Physiologic Regulation of Hematopoiesis by NotchNadia Carlesso; Fiscal Year: 2010..activation of SKP2, the F-box subunit of the SCFskp2 complex that targets the cell cycle inhibitors p27Kip1 and p21Cip1 for degradation, promoting their downregulation and the entry into S-phase...
- Regulation and Role of Ornithine Decarboxylase in Cell Proliferation and CancerJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2011..by selectively affecting Myc's ability to provoke the degradation of the cyclin- dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1, a tumor suppressor that inhibits entry and progression through S-phase...
- Regulation and Role of Ornithine Decarboxylase in Cell Proliferation and CancerJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2010..by selectively affecting Myc's ability to provoke the degradation of the cyclin- dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1, a tumor suppressor that inhibits entry and progression through S-phase...
- Regulation of Bladder Smooth Muscle HyperplasiaPaul Austin; Fiscal Year: 2007..to varying degrees of resistance to contraction, the candidate has found that the cell cycle control protein p27KIP1 is downregulated by the development of increased tension within the SMC...
- P27Kipl deficiency, potential promoter of carcinogenesisKonstantin Christov Tzelkov; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will examine the feasibility of p27/Kip1 deficiency in transgenic mice for potential use in mammary carcinogenesis studies in chemopreventive studies...
- Mechanisms of p27Kipl Proteolysis in Cancer CellsXuedong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010Decreased levels of cell cycle inhibitor p27Kip1 due to excessive degradation occur in a variety of aggressive human tumors...
- Mechanisms of p27Kipl Proteolysis in Cancer CellsXuedong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010Decreased levels of cell cycle inhibitor p27Kip1 due to excessive degradation occur in a variety of aggressive human tumors...
- GROWTH GENES, EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX AND ANGIOGENESISDonald Ingber; Fiscal Year: 2003..ECM and maintain an intact actin cytoskeleton in order to upregulate cyclin D1, down regulate the cdk inhibitor, P27kip1 (p27) and thus, pass through the late G1/S restriction point...
- Mechanisms of p27Kip1 Proteolysis in Cancer CellsXuedong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007Abnormally low amounts of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 due to excessive proteolysis are hallmarks of several types of aggressive tumors...
- HTLV-I Tax activates the anaphase promoting complexChou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2009..arrested in G1, and enter into a senescence-like state with drastically elevated levels of p21[CIP1/WAF1 and p27[KIP1]...
- Gonadotropins & Cox-2 in Ovarian Cancer PreventionXIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, addition of oncogenic mutation such as loss of p27kip1 or loss of p53 converts the ovarian adenomas into neoplastic tumors...
- Role of Polyamines in MYCN-Amplified NeuroblastomaANDRE BACHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2009..showed that the depletion of polyamines in MYCN-amplified NB cells caused G1 cell cycle arrest and affected p27Kip1 levels, retinoblastoma protein Rb phosphorylation, and most intriguingly, blocked MYCN expression, thus providing ..