Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: P-selectin
Description: selectin P
Alias: CD62, CD62P, GMP140, GRMP, LECAM3, PADGEM, PSEL, P-selectin, CD62 antigen-like family member P, GMP-140, granule membrane protein 140, granule membrane protein 140kDa, granulocyte membrane protein, leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 3, platelet activation dependent granule-external membrane protein, platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, selectin P (granule membrane protein 140kDa, antigen CD62)
- Blann A, Constans J, Carpentier P, Renard M, Satger B, Guerin V, et al. Soluble P selectin in systemic sclerosis: relationship with von Willebrand factor, autoantibodies and diffuse or localised/limited disease. Thromb Res. 2003;109:203-6 pubmed
- Chen M, Geng J. P-selectin mediates adhesion of leukocytes, platelets, and cancer cells in inflammation, thrombosis, and cancer growth and metastasis. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2006;54:75-84 pubmedStimulated endothelial cells and activated platelets express P-selectin (CD62P), a member of the selectin family of cell adhesion molecules, which interacts with P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1, CD162) for leukocyte rolling on ..
- Barbalic M, Dupuis J, Dehghan A, Bis J, Hoogeveen R, Schnabel R, et al. Large-scale genomic studies reveal central role of ABO in sP-selectin and sICAM-1 levels. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1863-72 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into adhesion molecule biology. ..
- Kohler S, Ullrich S, Richter U, Schumacher U. E-/P-selectins and colon carcinoma metastasis: first in vivo evidence for their crucial role in a clinically relevant model of spontaneous metastasis formation in the lung. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:602-9 pubmed publisher..As the human HT 29 colon cancer cells are positive for the lectin Helix pomatia agglutinin (HPA), which identified the metastatic phenotype in earlier clinical studies, these results are of particular clinical relevance. ..
- Pan J, McEver R. Characterization of the promoter for the human P-selectin gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:22600-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the P-selectin gene is regulated by a combination of cis elements and their cognate transcription factors. ..
- Johnston G, Cook R, McEver R. Cloning of GMP-140, a granule membrane protein of platelets and endothelium: sequence similarity to proteins involved in cell adhesion and inflammation. Cell. 1989;56:1033-44 pubmed..This similarity suggests that GMP-140 belongs to a new family of inducible receptors with related structure and function on vascular cells. ..
- Waldron T, Springer T. Transmission of allostery through the lectin domain in selectin-mediated cell adhesion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:85-90 pubmed publisher..The position of the mutation in the lectin domain provides evidence for an allosteric pathway through the lectin domain, connecting changes at the lectin-EGF interface to the distal binding interface. ..
- Keating F, Dauerman H, Whitaker D, Sobel B, Schneider D. Increased expression of platelet P-selectin and formation of platelet-leukocyte aggregates in blood from patients treated with unfractionated heparin plus eptifibatide compared with bivalirudin. Thromb Res. 2006;118:361-9 pubmed..Benefits associated with decreased platelet aggregation when PCI is performed with UFH plus GP IIb-IIIa inhibition may be partially offset by increased platelet-leukocyte aggregation. ..
- Zarbock A, Ley K, McEver R, Hidalgo A. Leukocyte ligands for endothelial selectins: specialized glycoconjugates that mediate rolling and signaling under flow. Blood. 2011;118:6743-51 pubmed publisher..Although the physiologic characterization of these ligands has been obtained in mice, we also note reported similarities and differences with human selectin ligands. ..
- Jacob C, Reiff A, Armstrong D, Myones B, Silverman E, Klein Gitelman M, et al. Identification of novel susceptibility genes in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus using a uniquely designed candidate gene pathway platform. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:4164-73 pubmed
- Watson M, Kingsmore S, Johnston G, Siegelman M, Le Beau M, Lemons R, et al. Genomic organization of the selectin family of leukocyte adhesion molecules on human and mouse chromosome 1. J Exp Med. 1990;172:263-72 pubmedA structurally and functionally related group of genes, lymph node homing receptor (LHR), granule membrane protein 140 (GMP-140), and endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1 (ELAM-1) are shown to constitute a gene cluster on mouse and ..
- Huang J, Chen J, Chesla S, Yago T, Mehta P, McEver R, et al. Quantifying the effects of molecular orientation and length on two-dimensional receptor-ligand binding kinetics. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44915-23 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the orientation and length of an adhesion receptor influences its rate of encountering and binding a surface ligand but does not subsequently affect the stability of binding. ..
- Tan B, Fladvad T, Braun T, Vigano A, Strasser F, Deans D, et al. P-selectin genotype is associated with the development of cancer cachexia. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:462-71 pubmed publisher..P-selectin was found to be significantly upregulated in muscle in both models. Identification of P-selectin as relevant in both animal models and in cachectic cancer patients supports this as a risk factor/potential mediator in cachexia...
- Zee R, Cook N, Cheng S, Reynolds R, Erlich H, Lindpaintner K, et al. Polymorphism in the P-selectin and interleukin-4 genes as determinants of stroke: a population-based, prospective genetic analysis. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:389-96 pubmed..These population-based data demonstrate the ability of prospective, epidemiological studies to test candidate gene associations for athero-thrombotic disease. ..
- Setiadi H, McEver R. Signal-dependent distribution of cell surface P-selectin in clathrin-coated pits affects leukocyte rolling under flow. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1385-95 pubmed..Thus, a signaling event affects both the function and clearance of a protein that enters the constitutive clathrin-mediated endocytic pathway. ..
- McEver R, Beckstead J, Moore K, Marshall Carlson L, Bainton D. GMP-140, a platelet alpha-granule membrane protein, is also synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is localized in Weibel-Palade bodies. J Clin Invest. 1989;84:92-9 pubmed..The restricted expression of GMP-140 in secretory granules of platelets and endothelium suggests that it has a specific function in the vascular system rather than a general role related to inducible secretion. ..
- Herrmann S, Ricard S, Nicaud V, Mallet C, Evans A, Ruidavets J, et al. The P-selectin gene is highly polymorphic: reduced frequency of the Pro715 allele carriers in patients with myocardial infarction. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1277-84 pubmed..Whether this variant affects the properties of the P-selectin protein in a way which is compatible with this hypothesis needs to be checked experimentally. ..
- Barbaux S, Blankenberg S, Rupprecht H, Francomme C, Bickel C, Hafner G, et al. Association between P-selectin gene polymorphisms and soluble P-selectin levels and their relation to coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1668-73 pubmed
- Kee F, Morrison C, Evans A, McCrum E, McMaster D, Dallongeville J, et al. Polymorphisms of the P-selectin gene and risk of myocardial infarction in men and women in the ECTIM extension study. Etude cas-temoin de l'infarctus myocarde. Heart. 2000;84:548-52 pubmed..An apparently "protective effect" of similar magnitude also seems to apply to women. ..
- Johnston G, Bliss G, Newman P, McEver R. Structure of the human gene encoding granule membrane protein-140, a member of the selectin family of adhesion receptors for leukocytes. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:21381-5 pubmed..The structure of the GMP-140 gene supports the concept that the selectins evolved as a result of exon duplication and rearrangement. ..
- Uszyński M, Uszyński W, Zekanowska E. P-selectin in placenta and gestational myometrium: its measurements and hypothetical role in hemostasis of placental bed after labor. J Perinat Med. 2008;36:213-6 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we have asked whether P-selectin is present in placenta and myometrium and in what concentration...
- Ghazouani L, Abboud N, Khalifa S, Perret C, Nicaud V, Almawi W, et al. Contribution of SELP and PSGL-1 genotypes and haplotypes to the presence of coronary heart disease in Tunisians. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:495-501 pubmed publisher..However, this study replicates absence of association of the mostly studied SNP, T715P, previously reported in individuals with African origin. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Satoh T, Nishioka K, Yokozeki H. STAT-6-mediated control of P-selectin by substance P and interleukin-4 in human dermal endothelial cells. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:697-707 pubmed..STAT6 in dermal endothelial cells appears to be a potent target for controlling cellular infiltrate in allergic and/or neuroinflammatory skin diseases. ..
- Furie B, Furie B. Role of platelet P-selectin and microparticle PSGL-1 in thrombus formation. Trends Mol Med. 2004;10:171-8 pubmed
- Snapp K, Heitzig C, Kansas G. Attachment of the PSGL-1 cytoplasmic domain to the actin cytoskeleton is essential for leukocyte rolling on P-selectin. Blood. 2002;99:4494-502 pubmed..Thus, attachment of PSGL-1 to the leukocyte cortical cytoskeleton is essential for leukocyte rolling on P-selectin. ..
- Miller M, Kerry S, Dong Y, Strazzullo P, Cappuccio F. Association between the Thr715Pro P-selectin gene polymorphism and soluble P-selectin levels in a multiethnic population in South London. Thromb Haemost. 2004;92:1060-5 pubmed..Lower levels of sP-selectin were not accounted for by this polymorphism in blacks, in whom the C allele was very rare. ..
- Li L, Qu C, Wu X, Dai J, Lu Y, Gong Y, et al. Patterns and levels of platelet glycosylation in patients with coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2018;45:56-65 pubmed publisher..Platelet activation markers, such as CD62P (P-Selectin) and activated integrin GPIIb/IIIa (PAC-1), were measured on resting and stimulated conditions by flow ..
- Cleator J, Zhu W, Vaughan D, Hamm H. Differential regulation of endothelial exocytosis of P-selectin and von Willebrand factor by protease-activated receptors and cAMP. Blood. 2006;107:2736-44 pubmed..Thus, WPBs are pharmacologically and morphologically heterogeneous, and distinct granule populations are susceptible to differential regulation. ..
- Lim S, Min S, Kwon Y, Park S, Park H. Effects of intermittent exercise on biomarkers of cardiovascular risk in night shift workers. Atherosclerosis. 2015;242:186-90 pubmed publisher..This study provides preliminary evidence to suggest that intermittent exercise may represent an effective intervention strategy for preventing atherosclerosis, thus leading to improved cardiovascular health in night shift workers. ..
- Derzbach L, Bokodi G, Treszl A, Vasarhelyi B, Nobilis A, Rigo J. Selectin polymorphisms and perinatal morbidity in low-birthweight infants. Acta Paediatr. 2006;95:1213-7 pubmed
- Gholami K, Talasaz A, Entezari Maleki T, Salarifar M, Hadjibabaie M, Javadi M, et al. The Effect of High-Dose Vitamin D3 on Soluble P-Selectin and hs-CRP Level in Patients With Venous Thromboembolism: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2016;22:483-9 pubmed publisher..011). However, the magnitude of these reductions was not statistically significant. This study could not support the potential benefit of the high-dose vitamin D on plasma level of P-selectin and hs-CRP in patients with VTE. ..
- Rogowska A, Chabowska A, Lipska A, Boczkowska Radziwon B, Bujno M, Rusak T, et al. High-frequency (13.56-MHz) and ultrahigh-frequency (915-MHz) radio identification systems do not affect platelet activation and functions. Transfusion. 2016;56:1148-52 pubmed publisher..There were no significant differences in pH; hypotonic shock resistance; surface expression of CD62P, CD42a, or CD63; release of PLT-derived microparticles; PLT aggregation; and number of PLTs between PCs stored at ..
- Mondal N, Buffone A, Stolfa G, Antonopoulos A, Lau J, Haslam S, et al. ST3Gal-4 is the primary sialyltransferase regulating the synthesis of E-, P-, and L-selectin ligands on human myeloid leukocytes. Blood. 2015;125:687-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, a single sialyltransferase regulates selectin-ligand biosynthesis in human leukocytes, unlike mice where multiple enzymes contribute to this function. ..
- Madhani S, Frankowski B, Ye S, Burgreen G, Wagner W, Kormos R, et al. In Vivo 5 Day Animal Studies of a Compact, Wearable Pumping Artificial Lung. ASAIO J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..93 and 2.15 L/min. Blood left the device 100% oxygenated. Plasma-free hemoglobin ranged 10.8-14.5 mg/dl. CD62-P expression was under 10%. Minimal thrombus was seen in devices at explant...
- Syrbe U, Jennrich S, Schottelius A, Richter A, Radbruch A, Hamann A. Differential regulation of P-selectin ligand expression in naive versus memory CD4+ T cells: evidence for epigenetic regulation of involved glycosyltransferase genes. Blood. 2004;104:3243-8 pubmed..Due to these findings we propose that selectin-dependent inflammation-seeking properties are imprinted by epigenetic modifications upon T-cell differentiation into effector cells. ..
- Liu Y, Burdon K, Langefeld C, Beck S, Wagenknecht L, Rich S, et al. P-selectin gene haplotype associations with albuminuria in the Diabetes Heart Study. Kidney Int. 2005;68:741-6 pubmed..005, for each additional copy of the N-N-T haplotype). The 290Asn (S290N) variant of P-selectin was associated with a higher prevalence and greater degree of albuminuria in European American siblings of type 2 diabetic families. ..
- Ay C, Simanek R, Vormittag R, Dunkler D, Alguel G, Koder S, et al. High plasma levels of soluble P-selectin are predictive of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients: results from the Vienna Cancer and Thrombosis Study (CATS). Blood. 2008;112:2703-8 pubmed publisher..7% in those below the 75th percentile (P = .002). High sP-selectin plasma levels independently predict VTE in cancer patients. Measurement of sP-selectin at diagnosis of cancer could help identify patients at increased risk for VTE. ..
- Bukowska A, Felgendreher M, Scholz B, Wolke C, Schulte J, Fehrmann E, et al. CREM-transgene mice: An animal model of atrial fibrillation and thrombogenesis. Thromb Res. 2018;163:172-179 pubmed publisher..5; P<0.05), and selectin P (3.6±0.5: P<0.05). CREM-TG mice represent a valuable model for studying atrial thrombogenesis and assessing therapeutic approaches preventing embolic events in the systemic and pulmonary circulation. ..
- Machado R, da Costa A, Sencadas V, Pereira A, Collins T, RodrÃguez Cabello J, et al. Exploring the Properties of Genetically Engineered Silk-Elastin-Like Protein Films. Macromol Biosci. 2015;15:1698-709 pubmed publisher..This detailed characterization provides cues for future and unique applications using SELP based biopolymers. ..
- Badr G, Borhis G, Treton D, Moog C, Garraud O, Richard Y. HIV type 1 glycoprotein 120 inhibits human B cell chemotaxis to CXC chemokine ligand (CXCL) 12, CC chemokine ligand (CCL)20, and CCL21. J Immunol. 2005;175:302-10 pubmed..X4 and X4/R5 gp120 induced the cleavage of CD62 ligand by a mechanism dependent on matrix metalloproteinase 1 and 3, CD4, CXCR4, Galpha(i), and p38 MAPK, whereas ..
- Ying S, Xiang M, Fang L, Wang J. Temporal changes in circulating P-selectin, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, magnesium, and creatine kinase after percutaneous coronary intervention. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2010;11:575-82 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the need for using antiplatelet therapy and Mg to reduce the risks associated with PCI. ..
- Cella G, Marchetti M, Vianello F, Panova Noeva M, Vignoli A, Russo L, et al. Nitric oxide derivatives and soluble plasma selectins in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:151-6 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that ET and PV are characterised by an altered pattern of soluble selectins and NOX. HU-mediated increase of NOX levels could represent an additional antithrombotic mechanism of this drug. ..
- Yang T, Duthie G, Aucott L, Macdonald H. Vitamin E homologues ?- and ?-tocopherol are not associated with bone turnover markers or bone mineral density in peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:2281-2290 pubmed publisher..002, P?=?0.04) among those not reporting vitamin E supplementation. We did not find biologically meaningful results between dietary and tocopherol homologues with BTMs or BMD. ..
- Lin C, Hsieh C, Lo S, Chen P, Torng P, Hu A, et al. Positive association between concentration of phthalate metabolites in urine and microparticles in adolescents and young adults. Environ Int. 2016;92-93:157-64 pubmed publisher..in urine and concentrations of endothelial microparticles (CD62E and CD31+/CD42a-), platelet microparticles (CD62P and CD31+/CD42a+), and CD14 in serum...
- Lages B, Shattil S, Bainton D, Weiss H. Decreased content and surface expression of alpha-granule membrane protein GMP-140 in one of two types of platelet alpha delta storage pool deficiency. J Clin Invest. 1991;87:919-29 pubmed
- Kuriyama N, Mizuno T, Yasuike H, Matsuno H, Kawashita E, Tamura A, et al. CD62-mediated activation of platelets in cerebral white matter lesions in patients with cognitive decline. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;62:118-24 pubmed publisher..fluorescence-labeled anti-human platelet monoclonal antibodies and semi-quantitatively determining PAC-1- and CD62P-positive rates by flow cytometry...
- Lee D, Larson M, Lunetta K, Dupuis J, Rong J, Keaney J, et al. Clinical and genetic correlates of soluble P-selectin in the community. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:20-31 pubmed..One SNP in SELP explained significant variation in circulating P-selectin concentrations, even after accounting for known clinical correlates. ..
- Shimoda M, Hashimoto G, Mochizuki S, Ikeda E, Nagai N, Ishida S, et al. Binding of ADAM28 to P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 enhances P-selectin-mediated leukocyte adhesion to endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25864-74 pubmed
- Pezzilli R, Corsi M, Barassi A, Morselli Labate A, D Alessandro A, Dogliotti G, et al. Serum adhesion molecules in acute pancreatitis: time course and early assessment of disease severity. Pancreas. 2008;37:36-41 pubmed publisher..3% and a specificity of 86.7% in identifying the patients with severe pancreatitis. This score seems to be useful for the early assessment of the severity of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Becher T, Schulze T, Schmitt M, Trinkmann F, El Battrawy I, Akin I, et al. Ezetimibe inhibits platelet activation and uPAR expression on endothelial cells. Int J Cardiol. 2017;227:858-862 pubmed publisher..Following this, the expression of CD40L and CD62P on platelets, and the expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, uPAR, and MT1-MMP on endothelial cells were measured by flow ..
- Zuchtriegel G, Uhl B, Hessenauer M, Kurz A, Rehberg M, Lauber K, et al. Spatiotemporal expression dynamics of selectins govern the sequential extravasation of neutrophils and monocytes in the acute inflammatory response. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:899-910 pubmed publisher..Whereas constitutively expressed leukocyte L-selectin/CD62L and endothelial P-selectin/CD62P together with CD44 and P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1/CD162 initiate the emigration of neutrophils, de novo ..
- Kornej J, Dinov B, Blann A, Rolf S, Arya A, Schmidl J, et al. Effects of radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation on soluble P-selectin, von Willebrand factor and IL-6 in the peripheral and cardiac circulation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111760 pubmed publisher..Increase of peripheral vWF and IL6 levels after procedure supports current AF ablation management with careful control of post-procedural anticoagulation to avoid ablation-related thromboembolism. ..
- Zhang J, McBride J, YU X. L-selectin and E-selectin expressed on monocytes mediating Ehrlichia chaffeensis attachment onto host cells. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;227:303-9 pubmed..chaffeensis attachment. These findings indicate that E-selectin and L-selectin are cell surface proteins that might act as co-receptors and contribute to E. chaffeensis attachment and entry into THP-1. ..
- Epperson T, Patel K, McEver R, Cummings R. Noncovalent association of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 and minimal determinants for binding to P-selectin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7839-53 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Cys(320)-dependent dimerization of PSGL-1 is not required for binding to P-selectin and that a small monomeric fragment of PSGL-1 is sufficient for P-selectin recognition. ..
- Roselli M, Mineo T, Martini F, Mariotti S, Ambrogi V, Spila A, et al. Soluble selectin levels in patients with lung cancer. Int J Biol Markers. 2002;17:56-62 pubmed..02). These results suggest that measurement of plasma soluble selectins might represent a useful laboratory parameter in the management of patients with squamous lung cancer...
- Cumba Garcia L, Huseby Kelcher A, Malo C, Johnson A. Superior isolation of antigen-specific brain infiltrating T cells using manual homogenization technique. J Immunol Methods. 2016;439:23-28 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometric analysis of CD45hi cells showed greater percentage of CD44hiCD62lo activated lymphocytes and CD19+ B cells using the dounce method...
- Li G, Kim Y, Mantel C, Broxmeyer H. P-selectin enhances generation of CD14+CD16+ dendritic-like cells and inhibits macrophage maturation from human peripheral blood monocytes. J Immunol. 2003;171:669-77 pubmed..These results suggest a novel role for P-selectin in regulating monocyte fate determination. ..
- Jilma Stohlawetz P, Mannhalter C, Kaider A, Waidacher T, Jilma B, Panzer S. The association of the Thr715Pro P-selectin genotype with levels of P-selectin in platelet concentrates. Vox Sang. 2014;107:368-74 pubmed publisher..The donors' genotype has only little influence on levels of soluble P-selectin in apheresis platelets suspended in 35% plasma/65% SSP+. ..
- Sijtsma F, Meyer K, Steffen L, Van Horn L, Shikany J, Odegaard A, et al. Diet quality and markers of endothelial function: the CARDIA study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2014;24:632-8 pubmed publisher..1/44.7 ng/mL)) and VCAM (effect size of 26% of an SD (-45.1/170.3 ng/mL)). This prospective analysis suggests that dietary patterns are associated with CAMs. ..
- Zhu H, Yan W, Tan Y, Li K, Kapuku G, Treiber F, et al. Adhesion molecule polymorphisms and pulse wave velocity in American youth. Twin Res Hum Genet. 2008;11:517-23 pubmed publisher..017), explaining 3.6% variance of the foot PWV. Genetic variation of adhesion molecules may be implicated in the development of arterial stiffness. Screening for adhesion molecule polymorphisms may help identify high-risk youth. ..
- Fan Z, Hua Q, Li Y, Liu R, Yang Z. Interleukin-6, but not soluble adhesion molecules, predicts a subsequent mortality from cardiovascular disease in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2011;61:443-8 pubmed publisher..To conclude, our findings indicate that elevated admission levels of IL-6, but not soluble adhesion molecules, provide valuable information for risk assessment of long-term cardiovascular mortality in patients with STEMI. ..
- Wei Y, Gao L, Zhu Y, Tai S, Yang Z, Liang W, et al. [Study on genetic polymorphisms of P-selectins in Chinese Han of Chengdu and Thai populations]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2008;39:55-8 pubmed
- Yıldırım Z, Orhan M, Buyukavci M. Platelet function alterations and their relation to P-selectin (CD62P) expression in children with iron deficiency anemia. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2011;22:98-101 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, it has been reported that the platelet fractions carrying the platelet activation markers, CD62P and CD63, are increased in thalassemic patients and there is a significant correlation between the increased ..
- Lü S, Zhang Y, Long M. Visualization of allostery in P-selectin lectin domain using MD simulations. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15417 pubmed publisher..These results provided an insight into understanding the structural transition and the structure-function relationship of P-selectin allostery. ..
- Wang Z, Wang W, Zhou T, Chen X, Pan X, Zhu J, et al. [The association of single nucleotide P-selectin gene polymorphism with IgA nephropathy]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2006;45:559-64 pubmed
- Bugert P, Pabinger I, Stamer K, Vormittag R, Skeate R, Wahi M, et al. The risk for thromboembolic disease in lupus anticoagulant patients due to pathways involving P-selectin and CD154. Thromb Haemost. 2007;97:573-80 pubmed..Further, soluble P-selectin is elevated in LA patients with previous VT, but its role to predict VT needs to be evaluated in prospective studies. ..
- Huang B, Ling Y, Lin J, Du X, Fang Y, Wu J. Force-dependent calcium signaling and its pathway of human neutrophils on P-selectin in flow. Protein Cell. 2017;8:103-113 pubmed publisher..These results provide a novel insight into the mechano-chemical regulation mechanism for P-selectin-induced calcium signaling of neutrophils in flow. ..
- Fukami M. Isolation of dense granules from human platelets. Methods Enzymol. 1992;215:36-42 pubmed
- Schnaar R. Glycobiology simplified: diverse roles of glycan recognition in inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;99:825-38 pubmed publisher..As glycoscience technologies advance, opportunities for enhanced understanding of glycans and their roles in leukocyte cell biology provide increasing opportunities for discovery and therapeutic intervention...
- Xie Z, Chen C, Zhang S, Yang H, Tao Z. Effect of leukocyte filtration on the P-selectin expression of apheresis platelets. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:5979-85 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to investigate the effect of leukocyte filtration on the P-selectin (CD62P) surface expression of apheresis platelets during the retention period...
- Mayne E, Funderburg N, Sieg S, Asaad R, Kalinowska M, Rodriguez B, et al. Increased platelet and microparticle activation in HIV infection: upregulation of P-selectin and tissue factor expression. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;59:340-6 pubmed publisher..Platelets and PMPs from HIV-1-infected patients are activated (as reflected by expression of CD62 P-selectin) and also more frequently expressed the procoagulant TF than did platelets and PMPs obtained from ..
- Frankhauser P, Baranyai R, Ahrens T, Schloss P, Deuschle M, Lederbogen F. Platelet surface P-selectin expression is highly correlated with serotonin transporter density in human subjects. Thromb Haemost. 2008;100:1201-3 pubmed
- Zalewski G, Ciccarone E, Di Castelnuovo A, Zito F, Capani F, De Gaetano G, et al. P-selectin gene genotypes or haplotypes and cardiovascular complications in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2006;16:418-25 pubmed..88, df = 5). The present study excludes a major contribution of Tyr715Pro, Asn562Asp and Ser290Asn P-selectin polymorphisms to a susceptibility to ischemic vascular complications in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Cai S, Davis A. Complement regulatory protein C1 inhibitor binds to selectins and interferes with endothelial-leukocyte adhesion. J Immunol. 2003;171:4786-91 pubmed..It may also provide another example of the multifaceted anti-inflammatory effects of C1INH in various animal models and human diseases. ..
- Volcik K, Ballantyne C, Coresh J, Folsom A, Boerwinkle E. Specific P-selectin and P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 genotypes/haplotypes are associated with risk of incident CHD and ischemic stroke: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:e76-82 pubmedP-selectin (PSEL) and its ligand, P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1), play key roles in both the inflammatory response and the atherosclerotic process, but there are conflicting results regarding the affect of PSEL and PSGL-1 gene ..