Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ORC5
Description: origin recognition complex subunit 5
Alias: ORC5L, ORC5P, ORC5T, PPP1R117, origin recognition complex subunit 5, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 117
- Volkening M, Hoffmann I. Involvement of human MCM8 in prereplication complex assembly by recruiting hcdc6 to chromatin. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1560-8 pubmed..These results suggest that hMCM8 is a crucial component of the pre-RC and that the interaction between hMCM8 and hcdc6 is required for pre-RC assembly. ..
- Klemm R, Austin R, Bell S. Coordinate binding of ATP and origin DNA regulates the ATPase activity of the origin recognition complex. Cell. 1997;88:493-502 pubmed..cerevisiae. Origin recognition by ORC requires ATP. Here, we demonstrate that two subunits, Orc1p and Orc5p, bind ATP and that Orc1p also hydrolyzes ATP...
- Tugal T, Zou Yang X, Gavin K, Pappin D, Canas B, Kobayashi R, et al. The Orc4p and Orc5p subunits of the Xenopus and human origin recognition complex are related to Orc1p and Cdc6p. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32421-9 pubmed..of the 43- and 48-kDa proteins that copurified with Orc1p and Orc2p led to their identification as the Orc4p and Orc5p subunits, respectively...
- Sar F, Lindsey Boltz L, Subramanian D, Croteau D, Hutsell S, Griffith J, et al. Human claspin is a ring-shaped DNA-binding protein with high affinity to branched DNA structures. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39289-95 pubmed
- Clarke C, Clarke P. DNA-dependent phosphorylation of Chk1 and Claspin in a human cell-free system. Biochem J. 2005;388:705-12 pubmed..This cell-free system will facilitate further biochemical analysis of the Chk1 pathway in humans. ..
- Ranjan A, Gossen M. A structural role for ATP in the formation and stability of the human origin recognition complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4864-9 pubmed..ATP is essential for the maintenance of ORC integrity and facilitates complex formation. Thus, besides its previously identified role in DNA binding, ATP serves also as a structural cofactor for human ORC. ..
- Jiang W, McDonald D, Hope T, Hunter T. Mammalian Cdc7-Dbf4 protein kinase complex is essential for initiation of DNA replication. EMBO J. 1999;18:5703-13 pubmed..These results indicate that the HsCdc7-HsDbf4 kinase is directly involved in regulating the initiation of DNA replication by targeting MCM2 protein in mammalian cells. ..
- Giri S, Chakraborty A, Sathyan K, Prasanth K, Prasanth S. Orc5 induces large-scale chromatin decondensation in a GCN5-dependent manner. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:417-29 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that human Orc5, unlike other ORC subunits, when ectopically tethered to a chromatin locus, induces large-scale chromatin ..
- Shen Z, Sathyan K, Geng Y, Zheng R, Chakraborty A, Freeman B, et al. A WD-repeat protein stabilizes ORC binding to chromatin. Mol Cell. 2010;40:99-111 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest ORCA-mediated association of ORC to chromatin is critical to initiate preRC assembly in G1 and chromatin organization in post-G1 cells. ..
- Dhar S, Delmolino L, Dutta A. Architecture of the human origin recognition complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29067-71 pubmed..The C-terminal region of ORC3 was, however, necessary to bring ORC4 and ORC5 into the core complex...
- Kopytova D, Popova V, Kurshakova M, Shidlovskii Y, Nabirochkina E, Brechalov A, et al. ORC interacts with THSC/TREX-2 and its subunits promote Nxf1 association with mRNP and mRNA export in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:4920-33 pubmed publisher..ORC subunits interacted with the Nxf1 receptor mediating the bulk mRNA export. The knockdown of Orc5 led to a drop in the Nxf1 association with mRNP, while Orc3 knockdown increased the level of mRNP-bound Nxf1...
- Maurer S, Ludt K, Soppa J. Characterization of Copy Number Control of Two Haloferax volcanii Replication Origins Using Deletion Mutants and Haloarchaeal Artificial Chromosomes. J Bacteriol. 2018;200: pubmed publisher..had a lower genome copy number and a higher level of fitness than the wild type, in stark contrast to the oriC2-orc5 (ori2) deletion mutant...
- Pinto S, Quintana D, Smith P, Mihalek R, Hou Z, Boynton S, et al. latheo encodes a subunit of the origin recognition complex and disrupts neuronal proliferation and adult olfactory memory when mutant. Neuron. 1999;23:45-54 pubmed..Human and Drosophila LAT both associate with ORC2 and are related to yeast ORC3, suggesting that LAT functions in DNA replication during cell proliferation. ..
- Quintana D, Thome K, Hou Z, Ligon A, Morton C, Dutta A. ORC5L, a new member of the human origin recognition complex, is deleted in uterine leiomyomas and malignant myeloid diseases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27137-45 pubmed..HsORC5p is a 50-kDa protein whose sequence is 38% identical and 62% similar to ORC5p from Drosophila melanogaster...
- Siddiqui K, Stillman B. ATP-dependent assembly of the human origin recognition complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32370-83 pubmed..Mutations in the ATP-binding sites of Orc4 or Orc5 impair complex assembly, whereas Orc1 ATP binding is not required...
- Thome K, Dhar S, Quintana D, Delmolino L, Shahsafaei A, Dutta A. Subsets of human origin recognition complex (ORC) subunits are expressed in non-proliferating cells and associate with non-ORC proteins. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35233-41 pubmed..Orc2, Orc3, and Orc5 also are detected in non-proliferating cells like cardiac myocytes, adrenal cortical cells, and neurons, suggesting ..
- Vashee S, Simancek P, Challberg M, Kelly T. Assembly of the human origin recognition complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26666-73 pubmed..The endogenous HsORC, identified in these experiments, contained homologues of Orc1-Orc5 but lacked a putative homologue of Orc6...
- Wohlschlegel J, Dwyer B, Dhar S, Cvetic C, Walter J, Dutta A. Inhibition of eukaryotic DNA replication by geminin binding to Cdt1. Science. 2000;290:2309-12 pubmed..In the normal cell cycle, Cdt1 is present only in G1 and S, whereas geminin is present in S and G2 phases of the cell cycle. Together, these results suggest that geminin inhibits inappropriate origin firing by targeting Cdt1. ..
- Herbig U, Marlar C, Fanning E. The Cdc6 nucleotide-binding site regulates its activity in DNA replication in human cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2631-45 pubmed..Microinjection of either mutant protein into human cells in G1 inhibited DNA replication, suggesting that ATP binding and hydrolysis by HsCdc6 are essential for DNA replication. ..
- Izumi M, Yanagi K, Mizuno T, Yokoi M, Kawasaki Y, Moon K, et al. The human homolog of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mcm10 interacts with replication factors and dissociates from nuclease-resistant nuclear structures in G(2) phase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4769-77 pubmed..HsMcm10 also interacted with Orc2, Mcm2 and Mcm6 proteins in the yeast two-hybrid system. These results suggest that HsMcm10 may function in DNA replication through the interaction with Orc and Mcm2-7 complexes. ..
- Fröhling S, Nakabayashi K, Scherer S, Dohner H, Dohner K. Mutation analysis of the origin recognition complex subunit 5 (ORC5L) gene in adult patients with myeloid leukemias exhibiting deletions of chromosome band 7q22. Hum Genet. 2001;108:304-9 pubmedThe ORC5L gene encoding a subunit of the human origin recognition complex (ORC) maps to chromosome band 7q22, a region frequently deleted in adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...