opioid growth factor receptor
Gene Symbol: opioid growth factor receptor
Description: opioid growth factor receptor
Alias: opioid growth factor receptor, protein 7-60, zeta-type opioid receptor
Products: opioid growth factor receptor
- Hiramoto K, Yamate Y, Sugiyama D, Matsuda K, Iizuka Y, Yamaguchi T. Tranexamic acid inhibits the plasma and non-irradiated skin markers of photoaging induced by long-term UVA eye irradiation in female mice. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;107:54-58 pubmed publisher..as the expression of the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor (CRHR) type 2, μ-opioid receptor, opioid growth factor receptor (OGFR), T-bet, and GATA3 increased in the mice subjected to UVA eye irradiation...
- Hammer L, Waldner H, Zagon I, McLaughlin P. Opioid growth factor and low-dose naltrexone impair central nervous system infiltration by CD4 + T lymphocytes in established experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, a model of multiple sclerosis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2016;241:71-8 pubmed publisher..However, modulation of the OGF-OGFr axis did not result in changes to CD4(+) Th effector cell responses in the CNS of EAE mice. ..
- Kren N, Zagon I, McLaughlin P. Featured Article: Nuclear export of opioid growth factor receptor is CRM1 dependent. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2016;241:273-81 pubmed publisherb>Opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) facilitates growth inhibition in the presence of its specific ligand opioid growth factor (OGF), chemically termed [Met(5)]-enkephalin...
- Kim J, Ahn H, Kim J, Kim J, Lee S, Chae H. Morphine Suppresses Lung Cancer Cell Proliferation Through the Interaction with Opioid Growth Factor Receptor: An In Vitro and Human Lung Tissue Study. Anesth Analg. 2016;123:1429-1436 pubmed..In this study, we suggest that opioid growth factor receptor (OGFR), a negative regulator of cell proliferation, is a binding site of morphine and is involved in ..
- Zagon I, Verderame M, Allen S, McLaughlin P. Cloning, sequencing, chromosomal location, and function of cDNAs encoding an opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) in humans. Brain Res. 2000;856:75-83 pubmed..3. This OGF receptor has no homology to classical opioid receptors. These results provide molecular validity for the interaction of OGF and OGF receptor in the regulation of growth processes in humans. ..
- Stockdale D, Titunick M, Biegler J, Reed J, Hartung A, Wiemer D, et al. Selective opioid growth factor receptor antagonists based on a stilbene isostere. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4464-4474 pubmed publisher..Three of the isomers synthesized showed antagonist activity for the opioid growth factor (OGF)/opioid growth factor receptor (OGFR) axis which is involved in cellular and organ growth control...
- Suzuki M, Chiwaki F, Sawada Y, Ashikawa M, Aoyagi K, Fujita T, et al. Peripheral opioid antagonist enhances the effect of anti-tumor drug by blocking a cell growth-suppressive pathway in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123407 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that blockade of the pathways that suppress cell growth may enhance the effects of anti-tumor drugs. ..
- McLaughlin P, Zagon I, Park S, Conway A, Donahue R, Goldenberg D. Growth inhibition of thyroid follicular cell-derived cancers by the opioid growth factor (OGF) - opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) axis. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:369 pubmed publisher..These results may provide a biotherapeutic strategy in the treatment of these cancers. ..
- Zagon I, Donahue R, McLaughlin P. Opioid growth factor-opioid growth factor receptor axis is a physiological determinant of cell proliferation in diverse human cancers. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R1154-61 pubmed publisher..The identification of this native biological system in neoplasia may be important in understanding the pathophysiology of neoplasia, and in designing treatment modalities that utilize the body's own chemistry. ..
- Donahue R, McLaughlin P, Zagon I. Cell proliferation of human ovarian cancer is regulated by the opioid growth factor-opioid growth factor receptor axis. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1716-25 pubmed publisher..These data are the first to report that the OGF-OGFr system is a native biological regulator of cell proliferation in human ovarian cancer. This information will be important in designing treatment strategies for this deadly disease. ..
- Cheng F, McLaughlin P, Verderame M, Zagon I. The OGF-OGFr axis utilizes the p16INK4a and p21WAF1/CIP1 pathways to restrict normal cell proliferation. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:319-27 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that both p16(INK4a) and p21(WAF1/CIP1) are required for the OGF-OGFr axis to inhibit cell proliferation in normal cells. ..
- Wu Y, Xiong Q, Li S, Yang X, Ge F. Integrated Proteomic and Transcriptomic Analysis Reveals Long Noncoding RNA HOX Transcript Antisense Intergenic RNA (HOTAIR) Promotes Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Proliferation by Regulating Opioid Growth Factor Receptor (OGFr). Mol Cell Proteomics. 2018;17:146-159 pubmed publisher..Further functional studies of the opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr), a negative biological regulator of cell proliferation in HCC, revealed that HOTAIR exerts its ..
- Wu C, Yang X, McLaughlin S, Neuberg D, Canning C, Stein B, et al. Detection of a potent humoral response associated with immune-induced remission of chronic myelogenous leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2000;106:705-14 pubmed..The characterization of B cell-defined antigens may help identify clinically relevant targets of the GVL response in vivo. ..
- Thakur N, DeBoyace S, Margulies B. Antagonism of the Met5-enkephalin-opioid growth factor receptor-signaling axis promotes MSC to differentiate into osteoblasts. J Orthop Res. 2016;34:1195-205 pubmed publisher..The opioid growth factor receptor (OGFR) is a non-canonical opioid receptor that binds naloxone with high affinity whereas the native ..
- Avella D, Kimchi E, Donahue R, Tagaram H, McLaughlin P, Zagon I, et al. The opioid growth factor-opioid growth factor receptor axis regulates cell proliferation of human hepatocellular cancer. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R459-66 pubmed publisher..These data are the first to report that the OGF-OGFr system is a native biological regulator of cell proliferation in HCC. The findings may provide important insight in designing treatment strategies for this deadly disease. ..
- Cheng F, McLaughlin P, Verderame M, Zagon I. Dependence on nuclear localization signals of the opioid growth factor receptor in the regulation of cell proliferation. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:532-41 pubmed publisherThe opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) mediates the inhibitory action of OGF on cell replication of normal and neoplastic cells...
- Zagon I, Ruth T, Leure Dupree A, Sassani J, McLaughlin P. Immunoelectron microscopic localization of the opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) and OGF in the cornea. Brain Res. 2003;967:37-47 pubmedThis study was conducted to determine the cellular and subcellular location(s) of the opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr), and the opioid growth factor (OGF), [Met(5)]-enkephalin, in the corneal epithelium...
- McLaughlin P, Zagon I. Progression of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck is associated with down-regulation of the opioid growth factor receptor. Int J Oncol. 2006;28:1577-83 pubmed..Gene therapy to reinstate more OGFr, and thus enhance OGFr function, could serve as a useful treatment for inhibiting tumor progression. ..
- Zagon I, Donahue R, McLaughlin P. Targeting the opioid growth factor: opioid growth factor receptor axis for treatment of human ovarian cancer. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2013;238:579-87 pubmed publisherThe opioid growth factor (OGF) - opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr) axis is a biological pathway that is present in human ovarian cancer cells and tissues...
- Zagon I, Verderame M, McLaughlin P. The biology of the opioid growth factor receptor (OGFr). Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 2002;38:351-76 pubmed..This report reviews the history of OGF-OGFr, examines emerging insights into the mechanisms of action of opioid peptide-receptor interfacing, and discusses the clinical significance of these observations. ..
- Zagon I, McLaughlin P. Opioid growth factor receptor is unaltered with the progression of human pancreatic and colon cancers. Int J Oncol. 2006;29:489-94 pubmed..This information will be relevant in the design of therapeutic modalities, the diagnosis and prognosis of neoplasia, as well as understanding of the processes and mechanisms of carcinogenesis. ..