Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OLR1
Description: oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor 1
Alias: CLEC8A, LOX1, LOXIN, SCARE1, SLOX1, oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1, C-type lectin domain family 8 member A, hLOX-1, lectin-type oxidized LDL receptor 1, ox LDL receptor 1, oxidized low density lipoprotein (lectin-like) receptor 1, oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1, soluble form, scavenger receptor class E, member 1
- Aoyama T, Sawamura T, Furutani Y, Matsuoka R, Yoshida M, Fujiwara H, et al. Structure and chromosomal assignment of the human lectin-like oxidized low-density-lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) gene. Biochem J. 1999;339 ( Pt 1):177-84 pubmed..3-p13.2 region of chromosome 12. Since the locus for a familial hypertension has been mapped to the overlapping region, LOX-1 might be the gene responsible for the hypertension. ..
- Dandapat A, Hu C, Sun L, Mehta J. Small concentrations of oxLDL induce capillary tube formation from endothelial cells via LOX-1-dependent redox-sensitive pathway. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2435-42 pubmed..These findings suggest that small concentrations of oxLDL promote capillary tube formation by inducing the expression of VEGF via LOX-1-mediated activation of NADPH oxidase- MAPKs-NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Park H, Adsit F, Boyington J. The 1.4 angstrom crystal structure of the human oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor lox-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13593-9 pubmed..Based on the arrangement of critical binding residues on the Lox-1 structure, we propose a binding mode for the recognition of modified low density lipoprotein and other Lox-1 ligands. ..
- Hayashida K, Kume N, Minami M, Kita T. Lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 (LOX-1) supports adhesion of mononuclear leukocytes and a monocyte-like cell line THP-1 cells under static and flow conditions. FEBS Lett. 2002;511:133-8 pubmed..Taken together, LOX-1 can work as a cell surface receptor for mononuclear leukocytes under both static and flow conditions. ..
- Lubrano V, Del Turco S, Nicolini G, Di Cecco P, Basta G. Circulating levels of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 are associated with inflammatory markers. Lipids. 2008;43:945-50 pubmed publisher..The measurement of the circulating soluble form of this receptor may be potentially useful in predicting CAD progression in humans. ..
- Mitsuoka H, Kume N, Hayashida K, Inui Hayashiada A, Aramaki Y, Toyohara M, et al. Interleukin 18 stimulates release of soluble lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 (sLOX-1). Atherosclerosis. 2009;202:176-82 pubmed publisher..IL-18 appears one of the stimuli that enhance sLOX-1 release in ACS and ADAM10 may be involved in this process. ..
- Wang L, Yanuck D, Beecham A, Gardener H, Slifer S, Blanton S, et al. A candidate gene study revealed sex-specific association between the OLR1 gene and carotid plaque. Stroke. 2011;42:588-92 pubmed publisher..The most compelling finding is with the missense SNP rs11053646 (K167N) in the OLR1 gene, which encodes lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor...
- Kurnaz O, Aydogan H, Isbir C, Tekeli A, Isbir T. Is LOX-1 K167N polymorphism protective for coronary artery disease?. In Vivo. 2009;23:969-73 pubmedHuman lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 (LOX-1, OLR1) has been identified as a cell surface endocytosis receptor for oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) on vascular endothelial cells...
- Li D, Saldeen T, Romeo F, Mehta J. Oxidized LDL upregulates angiotensin II type 1 receptor expression in cultured human coronary artery endothelial cells: the potential role of transcription factor NF-kappaB. Circulation. 2000;102:1970-6 pubmed..In this process, NF-kappaB activation seems to play a critical role in signal transduction. These findings provide a basis for the use of antioxidants and AT1R blockers in designing therapy of atherosclerosis. ..
- Hayashida K, Kume N, Murase T, Minami M, Nakagawa D, Inada T, et al. Serum soluble lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 levels are elevated in acute coronary syndrome: a novel marker for early diagnosis. Circulation. 2005;112:812-8 pubmed..Peak values of sLOX-1 in ACS were observed earlier than those of TnT. sLOX-1 appears to be a useful marker for early diagnosis of ACS. ..
- Brinkley T, Kume N, Mitsuoka H, Phares D, Hagberg J. Elevated soluble lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 (sLOX-1) levels in obese postmenopausal women. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:1454-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, obese women have higher sLOX-1 levels, which may reflect increased LOX-1 expression in adipose tissue. ..
- Lu J, Yang J, Burns A, Chen H, Tang D, Walterscheid J, et al. Mediation of electronegative low-density lipoprotein signaling by LOX-1: a possible mechanism of endothelial apoptosis. Circ Res. 2009;104:619-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, the L5/LOX-1 complex may play a critical role in atherogenesis and illuminate important targets for disease intervention. ..
- Imanishi T, Hano T, Sawamura T, Takarada S, Nishio I. Oxidized low density lipoprotein potentiation of Fas-induced apoptosis through lectin-like oxidized-low density lipoprotein receptor-1 in human umbilical vascular endothelial cells. Circ J. 2002;66:1060-4 pubmed..The results may provide insights into the pathogenesis of accelerated atherosclerosis in patients with hyperlipidemia. ..
- Yamanaka S, Zhang X, Miura K, Kim S, Iwao H. The human gene encoding the lectin-type oxidized LDL receptor (OLR1) is a novel member of the natural killer gene complex with a unique expression profile. Genomics. 1998;54:191-9 pubmed..In the present study, we cloned and characterized the human LOX-1 gene (HGMW-approved symbol OLR1). The gene structure of LOX-1 resembles that of the natural killer cell receptors...
- Biocca S, Falconi M, Filesi I, Baldini F, Vecchione L, Mango R, et al. Functional analysis and molecular dynamics simulation of LOX-1 K167N polymorphism reveal alteration of receptor activity. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4648 pubmed publisherThe human lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor 1 LOX-1, encoded by the ORL1 gene, is the major scavenger receptor for oxidized low density lipoprotein in endothelial cells...
- Mango R, Clementi F, Borgiani P, Forleo G, Federici M, Contino G, et al. Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the oxidised LDL receptor 1 (OLR1) gene in patients with acute myocardial infarction. J Med Genet. 2003;40:933-6 pubmed
- Balin M, Celik A, Kobat M. Circulating soluble lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 levels are associated with proximal/middle segment of the LAD lesions in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Clin Res Cardiol. 2012;101:247-53 pubmed publisher..Soluble LOX-1, the novel biochemical marker, may provide new insights into not only risk stratification but also therapeutic strategy for CAD. ..
- Kataoka H, Kume N, Miyamoto S, Minami M, Moriwaki H, Murase T, et al. Expression of lectinlike oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 in human atherosclerotic lesions. Circulation. 1999;99:3110-7 pubmed..Furthermore, LOX-1 may also be involved in Ox-LDL uptake and subsequent foam cell transformation in macrophages and smooth muscle cells in the atherosclerotic intima. ..
- Sawamura T, Kume N, Aoyama T, Moriwaki H, Hoshikawa H, Aiba Y, et al. An endothelial receptor for oxidized low-density lipoprotein. Nature. 1997;386:73-7 pubmed..The cloned receptor is a membrane protein that belongs structurally to the C-type lectin family, and is expressed in vivo in vascular endothelium and vascular-rich organs. ..
- Knowles J, Assimes T, Boerwinkle E, Fortmann S, Go A, Grove M, et al. Failure to replicate an association of SNPs in the oxidized LDL receptor gene (OLR1) with CAD. BMC Med Genet. 2008;9:23 pubmed publisherThe lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor LOX-1 (encoded by OLR1) is believed to play a key role in atherogenesis and some reports suggest an association of OLR1 polymorphisms with myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Shih H, Zhang S, Cao W, Hahn A, Wang J, Paulsen J, et al. CRP is a novel ligand for the oxidized LDL receptor LOX-1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H1643-50 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies and characterizes the direct interaction between LOX-1 and CRP and suggests that this interaction may mediate CRP-induced endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Mango R, Biocca S, Del Vecchio F, Clementi F, Sangiuolo F, Amati F, et al. In vivo and in vitro studies support that a new splicing isoform of OLR1 gene is protective against acute myocardial infarction. Circ Res. 2005;97:152-8 pubmed..that intronic SNPs, linked to MI, regulate the expression of a new functional splicing isoform of the OLR1 gene, LOXIN, which lacks exon 5...
- Vietri M, Molinari A, Boggia M, Parisi M, Cioffi M. IVS4-14 A/G and IVS4-73 C/T polymorphisms in OLR1 gene in patients with ischemic cerebrovascular diseases. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2010;14:9-11 pubmed publisher..examined the prevalence of OLR1 gene polymorphisms, IVS4-14 A/G and IVS4-73 C/T, which regulate the expression of LOXIN, in patients with ischemic cerebrovascular diseases (ICVD)...
- Ou H, Song T, Yeh Y, Huang C, Yang S, Chiu T, et al. EGCG protects against oxidized LDL-induced endothelial dysfunction by inhibiting LOX-1-mediated signaling. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:1745-56 pubmed publisher..Results from this study may provide insight into a possible molecular mechanism by which EGCG suppresses oxLDL-mediated vascular endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Chen K, Hsieh I, Hsi E, Wang Y, Dai C, Chou W, et al. Negative feedback regulation between microRNA let-7g and the oxLDL receptor LOX-1. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4115-24 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a negative feedback regulation between let-7g and LOX-1, and indicate that let-7g could be a target to treat cardiovascular disease. ..
- Yoshida H, Kondratenko N, Green S, Steinberg D, Quehenberger O. Identification of the lectin-like receptor for oxidized low-density lipoprotein in human macrophages and its potential role as a scavenger receptor. Biochem J. 1998;334 ( Pt 1):9-13 pubmed..These results suggest that differentiation induces the expression of LOX-1 in macrophages, where it may play a role as a scavenger receptor and/or a receptor for oxidized LDL. ..
- Xie Q, Matsunaga S, Niimi S, Ogawa S, Tokuyasu K, Sakakibara Y, et al. Human lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 functions as a dimer in living cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2004;23:111-7 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence for the existence of hLOX-1 dimers/oligomers. ..
- Sentinelli F, Filippi E, Fallarino M, Romeo S, Fanelli M, Buzzetti R, et al. The 3'-UTR C>T polymorphism of the oxidized LDL-receptor 1 (OLR1) gene does not associate with coronary artery disease in Italian CAD patients or with the severity of coronary disease. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2006;16:345-52 pubmed..endothelial cells internalize and degrade oxLDL through the endothelial lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor 1 (OLR1)...
- Hou X, Wang L, Wang N, Pang D, Hui B, Zhou Y, et al. The G501C polymorphism of oxidized LDL receptor gene [OLR-1] is associated with susceptibility and serum C-reactive protein concentration in Chinese essential hypertensives. Clin Chim Acta. 2008;388:200-3 pubmed..53+/-0.32, 1.31+/-0.32 and 2.94+/-1.29 respectively, P=0.002). The CC genotype of OLR-1 G501C polymorphism is associated with susceptibility and serum C-reactive protein concentration in Chinese essential hypertensive population. ..
- Ogura S, Kakino A, Sato Y, Fujita Y, Iwamoto S, Otsui K, et al. Lox-1: the multifunctional receptor underlying cardiovascular dysfunction. Circ J. 2009;73:1993-9 pubmed..Furthermore, LOX-1-related tools might open new gateways from diagnosis to therapeutics for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Li L, Roumeliotis N, Sawamura T, Renier G. C-reactive protein enhances LOX-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cells: relevance of LOX-1 to C-reactive protein-induced endothelial dysfunction. Circ Res. 2004;95:877-83 pubmed..We conclude that CRP enhances endothelial LOX-1 expression and propose a new mechanism by which CRP may promote endothelial dysfunction, that of inducing LOX-1. ..
- Biocca S, Filesi I, Mango R, Maggiore L, Baldini F, Vecchione L, et al. The splice variant LOXIN inhibits LOX-1 receptor function through hetero-oligomerization. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:561-70 pubmed publisher..We have recently identified a truncated naturally occurring variant of the human receptor LOX-1, named LOXIN, which lacks part of the C-terminus lectin-like domain...
- Tatsuguchi M, Furutani M, Hinagata J, Tanaka T, Furutani Y, Imamura S, et al. Oxidized LDL receptor gene (OLR1) is associated with the risk of myocardial infarction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:247-50 pubmedLectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor (LOX-1/OLR1) has been suggested to play a role in the progression of atherogenesis...
- Khaidakov M, Mitra S, Kang B, Wang X, Kadlubar S, Novelli G, et al. Oxidized LDL receptor 1 (OLR1) as a possible link between obesity, dyslipidemia and cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20277 pubmed publisherRecent studies have linked expression of lectin-like ox-LDL receptor 1 (OLR1) to tumorigenesis...
- Puccetti L, Pasqui A, Pastorelli M, Ciani F, Palazzuoli A, Gioffre W, et al. 3'UTR/T polymorphism of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1) is associated with modified anti-platelet activity of atorvastatin in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Atherosclerosis. 2005;183:322-8 pubmed..Such data suggest that in T carriers LDL lowering is needed to achieve anti-platelet action. ..
- Ohki I, Ishigaki T, Oyama T, Matsunaga S, Xie Q, Ohnishi Kameyama M, et al. Crystal structure of human lectin-like, oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 ligand binding domain and its ligand recognition mode to OxLDL. Structure. 2005;13:905-17 pubmed..Based on the LDL model structure, possible binding modes of LOX-1 to OxLDL are proposed. ..
- Dai Y, Zhang Z, Cao Y, Mehta J, Li J. MiR-590-5p Inhibits Oxidized- LDL Induced Angiogenesis by Targeting LOX-1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22607 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of LOX-1 by miR-590-5p was confirmed by luciferase assay. In conclusion, we show that MiR-590-5p inhibits angiogenesis by targeting LOX-1 and suppressing redox-sensitive signals. ..
- Ding Z, Liu S, Deng X, Fan Y, Wang X, Mehta J. Hemodynamic shear stress modulates endothelial cell autophagy: Role of LOX-1. Int J Cardiol. 2015;184:86-95 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that low shear stress is a powerful regulator on autophagy, particularly in state of inflammation, and LOX-1 plays an important role in shear stress induced autophagy. ..
- Palmieri V, Coppola B, Grattagliano I, Casieri V, Cardinale G, Portincasa P, et al. Oxidized LDL receptor 1 gene polymorphism in patients with metabolic syndrome. Eur J Clin Invest. 2013;43:41-8 pubmed publisherThe lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1), encoded by the OLR1 gene, has been implicated in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Sciacqua A, Presta I, Perticone M, Tassone E, Andreozzi F, Quitadamo M, et al. 3'-UTR OLR1/LOX-1 gene polymorphism and endothelial dysfunction: molecular and vascular data in never-treated hypertensive patients. Intern Emerg Med. 2014;9:273-81 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to investigate the relationship between the rs1050283 polymorphism in the 3'-UTR of OLR1/LOX-1 gene and endothelial dysfunction in 178 never-treated hypertensive patients and 36 healthy subjects...
- Ohki I, Amida H, Yamada R, Sugihara M, Ishigaki T, Tate S. Surface plasmon resonance study on functional significance of clustered organization of lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor (LOX-1). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:345-54 pubmed publisher..In combination with the analyses on the loss-of-binding mutant W150A, we concluded that the clustered organization of the properly formed homodimeric CTLD is essential for the strong binding of LOX-1 to OxLDL. ..
- Ozyazgan S, Uzun H, Onal B, Tuzcu A, Ugurlu S, Andican G. Lectin-like oxidised LDL receptor-1 as a marker of endothelial dysfunction in Behçet's disease. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2013;31:71-6 pubmed..The necessary measures should be considered in terms of risk of atherosclerosis in BD, especially for the early identification of endothelial damage by looking at LOX-1 levels. ..
- Nagase M, Abe J, Takahashi K, Ando J, Hirose S, Fujita T. Genomic organization and regulation of expression of the lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor (LOX-1) gene. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33702-7 pubmed..These data provide important information for elucidating the molecular mechanisms of LOX-1 gene regulation and suggest a role for LOX-1 in the pathophysiology of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. ..
- Sawamura T. [Molecular identification of LOX-1 and analysis of its pathophysiological role]. Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 2002;119:145-54 pubmed..This system might be useful to predict the status of endothelial function and the risk of ischemic heart disease. ..
- Li L, Sawamura T, Renier G. Glucose enhances human macrophage LOX-1 expression: role for LOX-1 in glucose-induced macrophage foam cell formation. Circ Res. 2004;94:892-901 pubmed..Pilot data showing that MDMs of patients with type 2 diabetes overexpress LOX-1 support the relevance of this work to human diabetic atherosclerosis. ..
- Pritchard A, St Clair D, Lemmon H, Mann D, Lendon C. No association between polymorphisms in the lectin-like oxidised low density lipoprotein receptor (ORL1) gene on chromosome 12 and Alzheimer's disease in a UK cohort. Neurosci Lett. 2004;366:126-9 pubmed..investigating the +1071 and +1073 polymorphisms in the lectin-like oxidised low density lipoprotein receptor (OLR1) gene with AD, a gene that lies within the area of chromosome 12 linkage...
- Jiang N, Xing Y, Hu B, Tang J, Dong H, He Y, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced Lox-1+ CD15+ polymorphonuclear myeloid-derived suppressor cells in hepatocellular carcinoma. Immunology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The present study was aimed to investigate the existence LOX-1 PMN-MDSC in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients...
- Zhu H, Xia M, Hou M, Tang Z, Zheng P, Ling W. [Effects of LOX-1 on expression of adhesion molecules induced by ox-LDL in HUVECs]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2005;33:743-7 pubmed..The results suggest that the expression of inflammatory molecules induced by ox-LDL in HUVECs is mediated by LOX-1. ..
- Duerrschmidt N, Zabirnyk O, Nowicki M, Ricken A, Hmeidan F, Blumenauer V, et al. Lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1-mediated autophagy in human granulosa cells as an alternative of programmed cell death. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3851-60 pubmed..The LOX-1-dependent autophagy represents an alternate form of programmed cell death. Obese women with high blood levels of oxLDL may display an increased rate of autophagic granulosa cell death. ..
- Nalam V, Alam S, Keereetaweep J, Venables B, Burdan D, Lee H, et al. Facilitation of Fusarium graminearum Infection by 9-Lipoxygenases in Arabidopsis and Wheat. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2015;28:1142-52 pubmed publisher..F. graminearum can also cause disease in Arabidopsis thaliana. Here, we show that the Arabidopsis LOX1 and LOX5 genes, which encode 9-lipoxygenases (9-LOXs), are targeted during this interaction to facilitate infection...
- Li D, Liu L, Chen H, Sawamura T, Ranganathan S, Mehta J. LOX-1 mediates oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced expression of matrix metalloproteinases in human coronary artery endothelial cells. Circulation. 2003;107:612-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that ox-LDL, via LOX-1 activation, modulates the expression and activity of MMPs in HCAECs. In this process, activation of the PKC-beta subunit plays an important signaling role. ..
- Murphy J, Vohra R, Dunn S, Holloway Z, Monaco A, Homer Vanniasinkam S, et al. Oxidised LDL internalisation by the LOX-1 scavenger receptor is dependent on a novel cytoplasmic motif and is regulated by dynamin-2. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2136-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that LOX-1 is internalised by a clathrin-independent and dynamin-2-dependent pathway and is thus likely to mediate OxLDL trafficking in vascular tissues. ..
- Uchida K, Suehiro A, Nakanishi M, Sawamura T, Wakabayashi I. Associations of atherosclerotic risk factors with oxidized low-density lipoprotein evaluated by LOX-1 ligand activity in healthy men. Clin Chim Acta. 2011;412:1643-7 pubmed publisher..Hypertriglyceridemia and smoking are determinants of LOX-1 ligand activity in healthy men and are thus thought to be crucial risk factors for initiation of atherosclerotic progression through generation of OxLDL. ..
- Huang D, Lu H, Liu H, Yao K, Sun A, Zou Y, et al. Losartan attenuates human monocyte-derived dendritic cell immune maturation via downregulation of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2012;60:133-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, losartan could attenuate the oxLDL- and Ang II-induced immune maturation of human monocyte-derived DCs partly through downregulation of the LOX-1 expression. ..
- Peters B, Rodin A, Klungel O, Stricker B, de Boer A, Maitland van der Zee A. Variants of ADAMTS1 modify the effectiveness of statins in reducing the risk of myocardial infarction. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:766-74 pubmed publisher..Other pharmacogenetic interactions with SNPs in the TNFRSF1A and ITGB2 genes were established and the confirmation will be pursued in future studies. ..
- Chu C, Wang Y, Lu L, Walton B, Yilmaz H, Huang R, et al. Electronegative low-density lipoprotein increases C-reactive protein expression in vascular endothelial cells through the LOX-1 receptor. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70533 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CRP, L5, and LOX-1 form a cyclic mechanism in atherogenesis and that reducing plasma L5 levels with atorvastatin disrupts the vascular toxicity of L5. ..
- Shi J, Tian J, Pritchard A, Lendon C, Lambert J, Iwatsubo T, et al. A 3'-UTR polymorphism in the oxidized LDL receptor 1 gene increases Abeta40 load as cerebral amyloid angiopathy in Alzheimer's disease. Acta Neuropathol. 2006;111:15-20 pubmedIt is presently unclear whether polymorphic variations in the oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 (OLR1), or low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1), genes act as risk factors for Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Morini E, Rizzacasa B, Pucci S, Polidoro C, FerrÃ¨ F, Caporossi D, et al. The human rs1050286 polymorphism alters LOX-1 expression through modifying miR-24 binding. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:181-7 pubmed publisherThe up-regulation of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (LOX-1), encoded by the OLR1 gene, plays a fundamental role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Kobayashi N, Hata N, Kume N, Shinada T, Tomita K, Shirakabe A, et al. Soluble lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1 and high-sensitivity troponin T as diagnostic biomarkers for acute coronary syndrome. Improved values with combination usage in emergency rooms. Circ J. 2011;75:2862-71 pubmed..869. The diagnostic value for ACS was comparable between sLOX-1 and hs-TnT, and the accuracy of ACS diagnosis appeared to improve when sLOX-1 and hs-TnT were measured in combination. ..
- Kobayashi N, Hata N, Kume N, Seino Y, Inami T, Yokoyama S, et al. Soluble lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 as an early biomarker for ST elevation myocardial infarction: time-dependent comparison with other biomarkers: time-dependent comparison with other biomarkers. Circ J. 2011;75:1433-9 pubmed..Plasma sLOX-1 diagnosed the early stages of STEMI more accurately than H-FABP, myoglobin, troponin T and CK-MB. ..
- Schreurs M, Hubel C, Bernstein I, Jeyabalan A, Cipolla M. Increased oxidized low-density lipoprotein causes blood-brain barrier disruption in early-onset preeclampsia through LOX-1. FASEB J. 2013;27:1254-63 pubmed publisher..As increased BBB permeability is a primary means by which seizure and other neurological symptoms ensue, our findings highlight oxLDL, LOX-1, and peroxynitrite as important therapeutic targets in EPE. ..
- Predazzi I, Martinez Labarga C, Vecchione L, Mango R, Ciccacci C, Amati F, et al. Population differences in allele frequencies at the OLR1 locus may suggest geographic disparities in cardiovascular risk events. Ann Hum Biol. 2010;37:136-48 pubmed publisher..The oxidized low density lipoprotein (lectin-like) receptor 1 (OLR1) gene is the main receptor of ox-LDL...
- Yavuzer S, Yavuzer H, Cengiz M, Erman H, Altiparmak M, Korkmazer B, et al. Endothelial damage in white coat hypertension: role of lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein-1. J Hum Hypertens. 2015;29:92-8 pubmed publisher..We believe sLOX-1 levels are strong biomarkers for determining early endothelial damage in HT, and especially in WCH patients. ..
- Brinkley T, Kume N, Mitsuoka H, Brown M, Phares D, Ferrell R, et al. Variation in the human lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor 1 (LOX-1) gene is associated with plasma soluble LOX-1 levels. Exp Physiol. 2008;93:1085-90 pubmed publisher..These associations remained significant after adjusting for age, sex, race and body mass index. In conclusion, variation in the LOX-1 gene is associated with plasma sLOX-1 levels in older men and women. ..
- Colacicco A, Solfrizzi V, D Introno A, Capurso C, Kehoe P, Seripa D, et al. Alpha-2-macroglobulin gene, oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 locus, and sporadic Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:1518-20 pubmed publisher..rs669), apolipoprotein E (APOE), and SNPs (+1073 and +1071) in the oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 (OLR1) gene on chromosome 12...
- Balin M, Celik A, Kobat M, Baydas A. Pregnancy followed by delivery may affect circulating soluble lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1 levels in women of reproductive age. Mediators Inflamm. 2012;2012:837375 pubmed publisher..We conclude that pregnancy followed by delivery may delay the beginning and progress of arteriosclerosis and its clinical manifestations in women of reproductive age. ..