Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUP43
Description: nucleoporin 43kDa
Alias: bA350J20.1, p42, nucleoporin Nup43, nup107-160 subcomplex subunit Nup43
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Adherence regulates macrophage signal transduction and primes tumor necrosis factor productionG J Bauer
Department of Surgery, University of Washington Medical School, Seattle, USA
Shock 14:435-40. 2000..activation of MAPK was assessed by western analysis using a dual phosphospecific antibody against p38MAPK, p42,44ERK, and p54SAPK. LPS is known to induce activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1...
- Atypical protein kinase C-zeta stimulates thyrotropin-independent proliferation in rat thyroid cellsN Fernandez
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6160, USA
Endocrinology 141:146-52. 2000..Cells overexpressing PKCzeta show higher levels of phosphorylated p42/p44 MAPK compared with vector-transfected cells...
- Rapid mitogen-activated protein kinase by basic fibroblast growth factor in rat intestine after ischemia/reperfusion injuryXiao bing Fu
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, 304 Hospital, Burns Institute, Trauma Center of Postgraduate Medical College, 51 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100037, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1312-7. 2003....
- Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis)David N Zacks
Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:343-82. 2009..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Comitogenic effect of catecholamines on rat cardiac fibroblasts in cultureM Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 48:274-84. 2000..We studied the ability of norepinephrine and of other catecholamines to affect the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts isolated from adult rat hearts. Furthermore, we investigated the possible adrenergic receptor involved in this process...
- Aqueous humor outflow effects of 2-arachidonylglycerolYa Fatou Njie
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Exp Eye Res 87:106-14. 2008..2-AG induced activation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase was determined by Western blot analysis using an anti-phospho p42/44 MAP ..
- Role of arrestins in endocytosis and signaling of alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtypesJ L DeGraff
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11253-9. 1999..in the trafficking of human alpha2-adrenergic receptors (alpha2-ARs) and the effect of receptor trafficking on p42/p44 MAP kinase activation...
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997..Stimulation of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells with acetylcholine activated SAPK2 and MAPKAP-K2, as well as p42/p44 MAP kinases and their downstream target MAPKAP-K1...
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) modulate growth plate chondrocyte physiology via protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZ Schwartz
Department of Orthopedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Endocrinology 143:2775-86. 2002..In both cells the effect was due to ERK1/2 activation (p42 > p44 in GC; p42 = p44 in RC). MAPK activation was dependent on PKC, but not protein kinase A...
- A role for the MEK-MAPK pathway in okadaic acid-induced meiotic resumption of incompetent growing mouse oocytesC de Vantéry Arrighi
Clinique de Stérilité et d Endocrinologie Gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Maternité, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 63:658-65. 2000..maturation promoting factor (MPF; [p34(cdc2)/cyclin B kinase]) and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases (p42(MAPK) and p44(MAPK)), are implicated in meiotic competence acquisition...
- Expression of annexin-1 in equine leucocytes and the effects of the N-terminal annexin-1 peptide, Ac2-26, on equine neutrophil superoxide productionKirstie J Pickles
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Campus, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 135:226-33. 2010..Annexin-1 expression in equine neutrophils and mononuclear cells and the ability of Ac2-26 to activate neutrophil p42/44 MAPK were determined by immunoblotting...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 binds to small heparin-derived oligosaccharides and stimulates a sustained phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase and proliferation of rat mammary fibroblastsMaryse Delehedde
School of Biological Sciences, Life Science Building, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, U K
Biochem J 366:235-44. 2002..of disaccharides did not stimulate DNA synthesis and it only elicited an early transient dual phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Nitric oxide modulates stretch activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in mesangial cellsA J Ingram
Department of Medicine, McMaster University Hamilton, and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 58:1067-77. 2000..We have shown activation of Jun N-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in stretched MCs and have also demonstrated that L-arginine decreases ..
- Reduction of experimental diabetic vascular leakage by delivery of angiostatin with a recombinant adeno-associated virus vectorMong Ping Shyong
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei and Su Ao Veterans Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:133-41. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector expressing mouse angiostatin (Kringle domains 1 to 4) in reducing retinal vascular leakage in an experimental diabetic rat model...
- Effect of protein kinase C and Ca(2+) on p42/p44 MAPK, Pyk2, and Src activation in rat conjunctival goblet cellsRobin R Hodges
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:836-44. 2007..Transactivation of the EGF receptor activates a kinase cascade culminating in the activation of p42/p44 MAPK (MAPK) and ultimately that leads to secretion of high molecular weight glycocongujates (HMWGC), including ..
- AICAR positively regulate glycogen synthase activity and LDL receptor expression through Raf-1/MEK/p42/44MAPK/p90RSK/GSK-3 signaling cascadeHsiang Ming Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 464 Hamilton Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 75:457-67. 2008..The signal connection between AICAR and GSK-3 is indirect and involves activation of Raf-1/MEK/p42/44(MAPK)/p90(RSK) signaling cascade as pharmacologic inhibition of MEK significantly reduced phosphorylation/..
- Roles of protein kinase C, Ca2+, Pyk2, and c-Src in agonist activation of rat lacrimal gland p42/p44 MAPKRobin R Hodges
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3352-9. 2006Although p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) negatively modulates protein secretion stimulated by cholinergic and alpha(1D)-adrenergic agonists, it does not play a role in epidermal growth factor (EGF)-stimulated protein ..
- Bradykinin and high glucose promote renal tubular inflammationSydney C W Tang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:698-710. 2010..The role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic nephropathy remains controversial...
- Modulations of signal transduction pathways during sepsis and the effects of insulin and mifepristoneSubir R Maitra
Department of Emergency Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital, NY 11794, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:1-8. 2003..states and the inferred activation of specific members of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways (p42/44, p38, and SAPK/JNK) were quantitated in the livers of rats by Western blot analysis during the progression of ..
- p38 and JNK have distinct regulatory functions on the development of apoptosis during simulated ischaemia and reperfusion in neonatal cardiomyocytesA M Engelbrecht
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Basic Res Cardiol 99:338-50. 2004..strong, biphasic activation of p38 concomitant with a weak and transient activation of the two ERK isoenzymes, p42/p44-MAPK...
- Hypothetical mechanism of sodium pump regulation by estradiol under primary hypertensionEmina Sudar
Laboratory for Molecular Genetics and Radiobiology, Institute Vinca, P O Box 522, 11001 Belgrade, Serbia
J Theor Biol 251:584-92. 2008..involve the activation of multiple signaling cascades, including phosphatydil inositol-3 kinase (PI3K) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44(MAPK))...
- Dual regulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced CCL2/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cells by nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1: modulation by type III phosphodiesterase inhibitionYung Ming Chen
Department of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7, Chung Shan South Rd, Taipei, 10016, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:978-86. 2004..PD98059), 1,4-diamino-2,3-dicyano-1,4-bis(2-aminophenylthio) butadiene (U0126) [both inhibitors of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) kinase], and anthra[1hyphen]9-cd]pyrazol-6(2H)-one (SP600125) [an ..
- Cell cycle related signaling in Neuro2a cells proceeds via the receptor for advanced glycation end productsA Schmidt
Department of Neuroanatomy, Paul Flechsig Institute of Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Neural Transm 114:1413-24. 2007..S100B and AGEs may interact with the multiligand receptor for AGEs (RAGE) and trigger for the activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44 MAPK), whether they also count for cell cycle related signaling in ..
- Transient protective effect of caspase inhibitors in RCS ratO Perche
Univ Clermont 1, UFR Pharmacie, Laboratoire de Biophysique Sensorielle, EA 2667, Clermont Ferrand, France
Exp Eye Res 86:519-27. 2008..Retinal status was evaluated at P35 and P42 by electroretinography, morphometry and apoptotic nuclei detection...
- Role of caveolin-1 in p42/p44 MAP kinase activation and proliferation of human airway smooth muscleReinoud Gosens
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L523-34. 2006..Therefore, we investigated their role in p42/p44 MAPK signaling and proliferation using human ASM cell lines...
- CB2 cannabinoid receptors in trabecular meshwork cells mediate JWH015-induced enhancement of aqueous humor outflow facilityLichun Zhong
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:1988-92. 2005....
- Dihydropyridine and beta adrenergic receptor binding in dogs with tachycardia-induced atrial fibrillationR Gaspo
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 42:434-42. 1999..The present study was designed to determine whether atrial tachycardia alters biochemical indices of the number of L-type Ca2+ channels and/or of the number and binding affinity of beta-adrenergic receptors...
- Human T- and B-cell responses to Schistosoma mansoni recombinant glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase correlate with resistance to reinfection with S. mansoni or Schistosoma haematobium after chemotherapyR El Ridi
Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Infect Immun 69:237-44. 2001Recently we reported that human T- and B-cell recognition of a 42-kDa protein (p42) in soluble extracts of adult Schistosoma mansoni worms correlates with resistance to reinfection with S. mansoni or S. haematobium...
- Genetic deletion of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta abrogates activation of IkappaBalpha kinase, JNK, Akt, and p44/p42 MAPK but potentiates apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factorYasunari Takada
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39541-54. 2004..Deletion of GSK-3beta also abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p44/p42 mitogen-activated kinase activation...
- Ligand-independent activation of steroid receptorsA P F Flint
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:13-24. 2002..added at various times following transfection, and MAP kinase phosphorylation was monitored by western blotting of p42 and p44...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in canine cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taiwan
Cell Signal 12:205-14. 2000..associated with a specific pattern of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by [3H]thymidine incorporation and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in canine cultured VSMCs...
- Inhibition of IL-8-mediated MAPK activation in human neutrophils by beta1 integrin ligandsDemetra Xythalis
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Inflammation 26:83-8. 2002..leads to the activation of heterotrimeric G proteins that initiate multiple signaling cascades, including p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- Ontogeny of acute tolerance to ethanol-induced social inhibition in Sprague-Dawley ratsElena I Varlinskaya
Center for Developmental Psychobiology, Department of Psychology, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1833-44. 2006..The present study explored ontogenetic development of acute tolerance within 30 minutes after administration of a relatively low ethanol dose, using ethanol-induced social impairment as the target response measure...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulates fractalkine production by mesangial cells and regulates monocyte transmigration: down-regulation by cAMPYung Ming Chen
Department of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Kidney Int 63:474-86. 2003..We investigated the mechanisms by which tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha stimulates mesangial cell (MC) fractalkine expression, and the effects of MC-derived fractalkine on monocyte transmigration...
- A biotin-coupled bifunctional enzyme exhibiting both glutamine synthetase activity and glutamate decarboxylase activityKhomkrit Arunchaipong
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Curr Eye Res 34:809-18. 2009To purify and study native form and enzymatic activity of the 42 kDa biotin-coupled protein (p42), which is related to glutamate action in chick retina.
- Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activityF Vinals
Centre de Biochimie CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:2763-72. 1999..In this work, we have studied the effect of cellular contact on the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by growth factors in mouse vascular endothelial cells...
- D-glucose stimulation of L-arginine transport and nitric oxide synthesis results from activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases p42/44 and Smad2 requiring functional type II TGF-beta receptors in human umbilical vein endotheliumRodrigo Vásquez
Cellular and Molecular Physiology Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medical Research Centre, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 212:626-32. 2007..via TGF-beta receptors I (TbetaRI) and TbetaRII, activates Smad2 and mitogen-activated protein kinases p44 and p42 (p42/44(mapk))...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of homologous protein kinases during oocyte maturation and mitogenic activation of fibroblastsJ Posada
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Mol Cell Biol 11:2517-28. 1991..Two tyrosine-phosphorylated 42-kDa proteins (p42) were detected with this antiserum in Xenopus eggs...
- Prolonged activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway promotes DNA synthesis in primary hepatocytes from p21Cip-1/WAF1-null mice, but not in hepatocytes from p16INK4a-null miceK L Auer
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biochem J 336:551-60. 1998In primary rat hepatocytes, prolonged activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway is associated with a decrease in DNA synthesis and increased expression of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor (CKI) ..
- Lipoxin A4 inhibits connective tissue growth factor-induced production of chemokines in rat mesangial cellsS H Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Central Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Kidney Int 69:248-56. 2006..enhanced the mRNA expression and protein release of fractalkine, MCP-1, and RANTES, the expression of phospho (P)-p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), P-phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-K), P-Akt, and activity of nuclear ..
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide stimulates the phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases through CD14 and TLR-4 receptor activation in human gingival fibroblastsGloria Gutiérrez-Venegas
Laboratorio de Bioquímica División de Estudios de Posgrado Facultad de Odontología Universidad, Nacional Autónoma de México México, D F 04510
Life Sci 78:2577-83. 2006..the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein inhibited the LPS-stimulated phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases in a dose dependent manner...
- Inhibitory effect of antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to p44/p42 MAPK on angiotensin II-induced hypertrophic response in cultured neonatal rat cardiac myocyteShi Qin Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:41-6. 2004..To explore the inhibitory effect of antisense oligonucleotide (ODN) to mitogen activated protein kinase(MAPK) on cardiomyocyte hypertrophy induced by angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Oligomerization controls in tissue-specific manner ligand binding of native, affinity-purified p42(IP4)/centaurin alpha1 and cytohesins-proteins with high affinity for the messengers D-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate/phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosRolf Stricker
Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Medizinische Fakultät der Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1651:102-15. 2003..for the second messengers Ins(1,3,4,5)P(4) and PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) are already known, such as the brain-specific p42(IP4), which we have previously cloned from different species, and cytohesins...
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae induces p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in human fibroblasts through Toll-like receptor 4Iana H Haralambieva
Department of Microbiology, Medical University, Zdrave 2 str, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
J Med Microbiol 53:1187-93. 2004..C. pneumoniae elementary bodies were demonstrated to up-regulate the phosphorylation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in human fibroblasts...
- Enterovirus 71 modulates a COX-2/PGE2/cAMP-dependent viral replication in human neuroblastoma cells: role of the c-Src/EGFR/p42/p44 MAPK/CREB signaling pathwayWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:559-70. 2011..We also observed that EV71-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation was decreased following pretreatment with AG1478...
- Cloning and characterization of the p42 subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3): demonstration that eIF3 interacts with eIF5 in mammalian cellsA Bandyopadhyay
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:1331-7. 1999..cDNAs encoding all the subunits of mammalian eIF3 except the p42 subunit have been cloned in several laboratories...
- The growth-promoting effect of low-density lipoprotein may Be mediated by a pertussis toxin-sensitive mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayA Sachinidis
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 52:389-97. 1997..PTX)-sensitive stimulation of the 44-kDa mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase (p44(mapk)) and 42-kDa MAP kinase (p42(mapk)) isoforms as well as in a PTX-sensitive increase in intracellular free Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+]i)...
- Protein kinase C zeta plays a central role in activation of the p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase by endotoxin in alveolar macrophagesM M Monick
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Immunol 165:4632-9. 2000..respond to endotoxin (LPS) by activation of a number of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways, including the p42/44 (extracellular signal-related kinase (ERK)) kinase pathway...
- Histochemical evidence for wide expression of the metalloendopeptidase nardilysin in human brain neuronsH G Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry, Medical Faculty of University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuroscience 146:1513-23. 2007..Previously, we have detected that nardilysin interacts with brain-specific proteins, i.e. p42(IP4)/centaurin-alpha1 [Stricker R, Chow KM, Walther D, Hanck T, Hersh LB, Reiser G (2006) Interaction of the brain ..
- Interleukin-1beta induces MMP-9 expression via p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathways in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsKao Chih Liang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 211:759-70. 2007..Here, we investigated the roles of p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and NF-kappaB pathways for IL-1beta-induced MMP-9 production in HTSMCs...
- Role of mitogen-activated protein kinases and protein kinase C in regulating low-density lipoprotein receptor expressionKamal D Mehta
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus 43210, USA
Gene Expr 10:153-64. 2002..growth factors, anisomycin, and phorbol esters involves the extracellular/mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44MAPK) cascade. In fact, degree of p42/44MAPK activation determines the extent of LDL receptor induction...
- Identification, purification, and characterization of a PA700-dependent activator of the proteasomeG N DeMartino
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 271:3112-8. 1996..and is composed of three electrophoretically distinct subunits with Mr values of 50,000, 42,000, and 27,000 (p50, p42, and p27, respectively)...
- Leukotriene B(4) BLT receptor signaling regulates the level and stability of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) mRNA through restricted activation of Ras/Raf/ERK/p42 AUF1 pathwayBeibei Zhai
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1
J Biol Chem 285:23568-80. 2010..RNAs confirmed that LTB(4) stabilization of COX-2 mRNA was apparently mediated through the RNA-binding protein, p42 AUF1...
- Inhibitor of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase, but not p38 MAPK, attenuated antigen challenge of guinea pig airways in vitroSung Chian Chue
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Int Immunopharmacol 4:1089-98. 2004..The present study examined the effects of p42/44 MAPK kinase inhibitor U0126 and p38 MAPK inhibitors SB220025 and PD169316 on ovalbumin (OVA)-induced ..
- Thyroid hormones regulate DNA-synthesis and cell-cycle proteins by activation of PKCalpha and p42/44 MAPK in chick embryo hepatocytesA Alisi
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology, University La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
J Cell Physiol 201:259-65. 2004..found that this stimulatory effect on the S phase is reverted by specific inhibitors of protein kinase C (PKC) and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42/44 MAPK), Ro 31-8220 or PD 98059...
- Inducible expression of a MAP kinase phosphatase-3-GFP chimera specifically blunts fibroblast growth and ras-dependent tumor formation in nude miceS Marchetti
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Nice, France
J Cell Physiol 199:441-50. 2004The p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway participates in a wide range of cellular programs including proliferation, migration, differentiation, and survival...
- The discovery of a Werner Helicase Interacting Protein (WHIP) association with the nuclear pore complexSimarna Kaur
Department of Chemistry, Chemical Biology and Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, USA
Cell Cycle 9:3106-11. 2010..We thus identify WHIP as a partner/component of the NE/NPC and set forth to investigate a role for the protein positioned at the NPC...
- Integration of multiple downstream signals determines the net effect of insulin on MAP kinase vs. PI 3'-kinase activation: potential role of insulin-stimulated H(2)O(2)Kalyankar Mahadev
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 6799, USA
Cell Signal 16:323-31. 2004..in 3T3-L1 adipocytes; however, under identical conditions, we observed a paradoxical increase in the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase...
- Impairment of macrophage survival by NaCl: implications for early pulmonary inflammation in cystic fibrosisGwendolyn S Kerby
Program in Cell Biology, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L188-97. 2002..with NaCl activated p38(mapk) and the p46(jnk) and p54(jnk) c-jun NH(2)-terminal kinase isoforms, but not p42(mapk/erk2) or Akt. Similar results were obtained with sorbitol, suggesting a general response to hyperosmolarity...
- Molecular substrates of social avoidance seen following prenatal ethanol exposure and its reversal by social enrichmentFrank A Middleton
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N Y, USA
Dev Neurosci 34:115-28. 2012..ethanol exposure on gestational day 12 alters social behaviors of weanling [postnatal day (P) 28], adolescent (P42), and young adult (P75) rats...
- Caspase-1 is a direct target gene of ETS1 and plays a role in ETS1-induced apoptosisHuiping Pei
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Cancer Res 65:7205-13. 2005..Previous work has shown that ETS1 represses tumorigenicity of colon carcinoma cells in vivo, and that the p42-ETS1 protein bypasses a defect in apoptosis in colon carcinoma cells through the up-regulation of caspase-1 ..
- The distribution of cocaine in mice differs by age and strainLois E McCarthy
Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:839-48. 2004..of cocaine, and its metabolite, benzoylecgonine (BZE), in the blood and brain of early (P35) and later (P42) periadolescent and adult (P63) CD-1 and C57BL/6 male mice 15 min after acute intraperitoneal injection of cocaine (..
- Role of Ras in ethanol modulation of angiotensin II activated p42/p44 MAP kinase in rat hepatocytesPil Hoon Park
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Life Sci 79:2357-63. 2006..We have investigated the role of Ras in ethanol modulation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) stimulated by angiotensin II (Ang II) in primary cultures of rat ..
- Fibronectin-alpha4beta1 integrin interactions modulate p42/44 MAPK phosphorylation in steatotic liver cold ischemia-reperfusion injuryC Moore
Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Transplant Proc 37:432-4. 2005..CS1 peptide-treated steatotic OLTs harvested at 1, 3, and 7 days showed moderated levels of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) phosphorylation, comparable to those observed in steatotic naive livers...
- The requirement for p42/p44 MAPK activity in progesterone receptor-mediated gene regulation is target gene-specificLindsey S Trevino
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, M515, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Steroids 78:542-7. 2013..For example, the p42/p44 MAPK pathway can regulate PR function by altering phosphorylation of PR, as well as its coregulators...
- The effect of RGS12 on PDGFbeta receptor signalling to p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase in mammalian cellsBalwinder S Sambi
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow, G4 0NR, UK
Cell Signal 18:971-81. 2006..shown that the PDGFbeta receptor uses a classical GPCR-mediated pathway in order to induce efficient activation of p42/p44 MAPK in response to PDGF...
- Abnormal insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling in human osteoarthritic subchondral bone osteoblastsFrédéric Massicotte
Unité de recherche en arthrose, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R177. 2006..IGF-1 receptor (IGF-1R), Shc, Grb2, insulin receptor substrate (IRS)-1, and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) levels were similar in normal and OA Obs in the presence or absence of ..
- Bradykinin-stimulated p42/p44 MAPK activation associated with cell proliferation in corneal keratocytesChing Yi Cheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University 259 Wen Hwa 1 Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Cell Signal 16:535-49. 2004..This study was to investigate the mitogenic effect of BK on rabbit CKs linked to activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), assessed by [3H]thymidine incorporation and Western blotting analysis, ..
- Regulation of norepinephrine-induced proliferation in cardiac fibroblasts by interleukin-6 and p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinaseMonika Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 243:65-72. 2003..We have recently reported that NE had a comitogenic effect in isolated cardiac fibroblasts, and that it activated p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- High glucose concentration decreases insulin-like growth factor type 1-mediated mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in bovine retinal endothelial cellsV A McBain
Electrophysiology Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Metabolism 52:547-51. 2003..The level of cell growth and p42/44 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation was determined using the alamarBlue (Serotech) assay ..
- Involvement of p38 MAPK, JNK, p42/p44 ERK and NF-kappaB in IL-1beta-induced chemokine release in human airway smooth muscle cellsWim A Wuyts
Lung Transplantation Unit, Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, 49 Herestraat, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
Respir Med 97:811-7. 2003..Using Western blot, we observed an activation of p38 MAPK, JNK kinase and p42/p44 ERK when HASMC were stimulated with IL-1beta...
- The platelet-derived-growth-factor receptor, not the epidermal-growth-factor receptor, is used by lysophosphatidic acid to activate p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase and to induce prostaglandin G/H synthase-2 in mesangial cellsM Goppelt-Struebe
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Loschgestrasse 8, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Biochem J 345:217-24. 2000..examples, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF) were shown to transiently enhance p42/44 MAP kinase activity, which was an essential step in the induction of PGHS-2 mRNA and protein...
- 5-hydroxytryptamine stimulates phosphorylation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in bovine aortic endothelial cell culturesJ E McDuffie
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 35:398-402. 2000..as an endothelial cell mitogen, promotes the release of nitric oxide (NO), and has been associated with the p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade...
- [Angiotensin II stimulates platelet-derived growth factor-B expression in hepatic stellate cells by activating EGR-1]Xu Li
Department of Emergency, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:963-7. 2008....
- Signal transduction and transcriptional control of cardiac connexin43 up-regulation after alpha 1-adrenoceptor stimulationAida Salameh
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Leipzig, Heart Centre, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:315-22. 2008..Moreover, we investigated activation of p38 mitogenic-activated protein kinase (MAPK), p42/44-MAPK, and c-JUN NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK) by phosphospecific enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and nuclear ..
- Fish oil modulates macrophage P44/P42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activity induced by lipopolysaccharideC J Lo
Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 24:159-63. 2000..Overactivity of MAPK has been implicated in the development of many diseases, including cancer and sepsis. This study investigated the hypothesis that fish oil altered the membrane phospholipid composition and modulated MAPK activity...
- Alteration of c-mpl-mediated signal transduction in CD34(+) cells from patients with myelodysplastic syndromesU Kalina
Department of Hematology Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, 60590, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Exp Hematol 28:1158-63. 2000..This study therefore examined whether the impaired signaling in MDS and AML cells includes alterations of c-mpl itself or postsignaling events...
- Heparin-binding epidermal-growth-factor-like growth factor gene expression is induced by scrape-wounding epithelial cell monolayers: involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase cascadesP D Ellis
The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, U K
Biochem J 354:99-106. 2001..The increase in HB-EGF mRNA was preceded by activation of the p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in the wounded cell cultures...
- Activation by 2-arachidonoylglycerol, an endogenous cannabinoid receptor ligand, of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase in HL-60 cellsY Kobayashi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
J Biochem 129:665-9. 2001..2-AG), an endogenous cannabinoid receptor ligand, was shown to induce rapid phosphorylation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAP kinase) in HL-60 cells...
- Synthesis of TNF-alpha by mesangial cells cultured with polymeric anionic IgA--role of MAPK and NF-kappaBJoseph C K Leung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:72-81. 2008..In the present study, the functional consequences of the binding of anionic polymeric IgA1 to human mesangial cells (HMCs) were investigated...
- Role of cAMP inhibition of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase in potentiation of protein secretion in rat lacrimal glandChika Funaki
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1551-60. 2007..In the present study we determined whether cAMP decreases p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activity in the lacrimal gland...
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) 1, but not TNFR2, mediates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced interleukin-6 and RANTES in human airway smooth muscle cells: role of p38 and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinasesY Amrani
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:646-55. 2001..Here, we report that tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) 1-induced p38 and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation modulates tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha)-mediated ..
- Lysophosphatidic acid induces prostate cancer PC3 cell migration via activation of LPA(1), p42 and p38alphaFeng Hao
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:883-92. 2007..mutants of p38 MAPK isotypes of alpha, beta, gamma and delta, we have identified that the activation of ERK2 (p42) and p38alpha, but not of ERK1 and the other isoforms of p38 MAPK, is required for LPA-induced migration...
- Activation of beta(2)-adrenoceptor prevents shiga toxin 2-induced TNF-alpha gene transcriptionA Nakamura
Department of Paediatrics, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2288-99. 2001..Stx-2 (4 pg/ml) stimulated MAPK (p42/p44, p38) and AP-1 and increased TNF-alpha promoter activity by 2.4-fold...
- Cardioprotective effects of transforming growth factor-beta1 during early reoxygenation or reperfusion are mediated by p42/p44 MAPKG F Baxter
The Hatter Institute, University College, Grafton Way, London WC1E 6DB, U K
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:930-9. 2001..examined the effects of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) on reperfusion injury and assessed the role of p42/p44 MAPK signaling in TGF-beta1-induced protection...
- Involvement of p42/44 MAPK in the effects of ethanol on secretion of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP)-1 in primary cultured rat hepatocytesSun Mi Lee
Department of Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Republic of Korea
Int J Neurosci 117:187-201. 2007This article investigates the effects of ethanol on Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I secretion, p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activity, and IGF binding protein (IGFBP-1 secretion) in primary cultured rat hepatocytes...
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression via a p42/p44 and JNK-dependent AP-1 pathway in brain astrocytesHui Hsin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Glia 57:24-38. 2009..Western blotting analyses showed that oxLDL-induced proMMP-9 gene expression was mediated through Akt, JNK1/2, and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in RBA-1 cells...
- Losartan decreases p42/44 MAPK signaling and preserves LZ+ MYPT1 expressionErhan Ararat
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5144. 2009..LZ+ MYPT1 expression, the sensitivity to cGMP-mediated vasodilatation and modulates the expression of genes in the p42/44 MAPK and p38 MAPK signaling cascades...
- The p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade is determinant in mediating activation of the Na+/H+ exchanger (NHE1 isoform) in response to growth factorsL Bianchini
Centre de Biochimie, CNRS, Universite de Nice, France
J Biol Chem 272:271-9. 1997..Whereas p44 MAPK does not appear to phosphorylate NHE1 in vitro, we found that inhibition of the p42/p44 MAPK signaling by expression of a dominant negative form of p44 MAPK, by expression of the MAP kinase ..
- Estradiol-induced phosphorylation of serine 118 in the estrogen receptor is independent of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinaseP B Joel
Center for Cell Signaling and Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13317-23. 1998..67 mol of phosphate/mol of ER. Estradiol did not activate p42/p44 MAPK, and basal p42/p44 MAPK activity was not sufficient to account for phosphorylation of Ser118 in response ..
- Growth factor-induced p42/p44 MAPK nuclear translocation and retention requires both MAPK activation and neosynthesis of nuclear anchoring proteinsP Lenormand
Centre de Biochimie Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
J Cell Biol 142:625-33. 1998Mitogen-activated protein kinases (p42/p44 MAPK, also called Erk2 and Erk1) are key mediators of signal transduction from the cell surface to the nucleus...
- Erectile tissue molecular alterations with aging: differential activation of the p42/44 MAP Kinase pathwayAngela Castela
Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University of Porto, Al Prof Hernani Monteiro, Portugal
Age (Dordr) 33:119-30. 2011..capability and the downstream activation of the intracellular signaling mediator mitogen-activated protein p42/44 kinase (p42/44 MAPK). We used male Wistar rats, which were divided in groups of 2, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months old...
- PKC-dependent activation of p44/p42 MAPKs during myocardial ischemia-reperfusion in conscious rabbitsP Ping
Experimental Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiology, University of Louisville and Jewish Hospital Heart and Lung Institute, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Am J Physiol 276:H1468-81. 1999Using conscious rabbits, we examined the effect of ischemic preconditioning (PC) on p44 and p42 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs)...
- Role of the insulin-like growth factor system in epiphyseal cartilage on the development of Langshan and Arbor Acres chickens, Gallus domesticusF Z Lu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, P R China
Poult Sci 89:956-65. 2010..day (E) 14 to postnatal d (P) 0 and with IGF-II from E14 to P14 but negatively correlated with IGF-I from P0 to P42 and IGF-II from P14 to P42...
- Local leptin production in osteoarthritis subchondral osteoblasts may be responsible for their abnormal phenotypic expressionMarie Solange Mutabaruka
Unité de recherche en Arthose, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CR CHUM, Hopital Notre Dame, 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, QC H2L 4 M1, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R20. 2010..Here we determined if endogenous leptin produced by OA Ob could be responsible for the expression of the abnormal phenotypic biomarkers observed in OA Ob...
- Involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase homologues in the regulation of lipopolysaccharide-mediated induction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 but not nitric oxide synthase in RAW 264.7 macrophagesA Paul
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow, UK
Cell Signal 11:491-7. 1999In RAW 264.7 macrophages lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulated the activation of p42 and p44 MAP kinases and their upstream activator mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase kinase (MAPKK), and induced the 69-kDa isoform of cyclo-oxygenase-..
- Mechano-transduction in periodontal ligament cells identifies activated states of MAP-kinases p42/44 and p38-stress kinase as a mechanism for MMP-13 expressionNelli Ziegler
Department of Oral Biotechnology, Dental School, University of Freiburg, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Cell Biol 11:10. 2010..On the mechanistic level, molecules involved in this mechano-transduction process in PDL cells are not yet completely elucidated...
- Different sensitivities of p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase to phorbol ester and okadaic acid tumor promoters among cell typesG P Rossini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Universita di Modena, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 58:279-84. 1999..late effects of okadaic acid (OA) and 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) on the phosphorylation state of p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase isoform (ERK2) in eight different cell lines...
- Postnatal changes in serotonergic innervation to the hippocampus of methyl-CpG-binding protein 2-null miceK Isoda
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Neuroscience 165:1254-60. 2010..regions of the forebrains of Mecp2-null mice (Mecp2-/y) and wild-type mice (Mecp2+/y) on postnatal day (P) 14, P28, P42 and P56...
- The protein kinase p90 rsk as an essential mediator of cytostatic factor activityR R Bhatt
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5332, USA
Science 286:1362-5. 1999Persistent activation of p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p42 MAPK) during mitosis induces a "cytostatic factor" arrest, the arrest responsible for preventing the parthenogenetic activation of unfertilized eggs...
- Early intracellular signalling pathway of ethanol in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Sachinidis
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Wilhelmstr 35 37, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 128:1761-71. 1999..Although ethanol has been shown to modulate ERK1 and ERK2 (p44(mapk) and p42(mapk)) activity, it can also act as an antiproliferative agent in various mammalian cells...
- NOVEL KINASE SIGNALING CASCADES IN PANCREATIC ACINIJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..CCK activates three mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades in rat acini leading to activation of ERKs (p42 and p44 MAPK), Jun Kinase and p38/Reactivating Kinase...
- Antigenic variation by multiple promoter inversions in Mycoplasma penetransMichael Calcutt; Fiscal Year: 2009..38 of which constitute a large paralogous family (designated mpl) that includes the abundant lipoproteins P35 and P42. Although the precise function of the mpl family is unknown, the individual members are considered to be ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..ET-1-stimulated transactivation of the EGFR;2) whether Ac-SDKP inhibits the effects of calcium ionophores or EGF on p42/44 MAPK and collagen synthesis;3) whether PLC, EGFR, cSrc, calmodulin kinase or IP3 inhibitors attenuate MAPK ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..by expression of dominant negative Ras or MAPK ohosphatase -2, yet is unaffected by inhibition of the classic p44/p42 MAPK cacade...
- RAGE and a Novel Tumor AxisAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppresses activation of members of the kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPKIJNK involved in modulating tumor proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF INSULIN EXOCYTOSISChristopher Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2005..there are two other PP-2B phosphoprotein substrates on the beta-granule to be identified and characterized (p42 and p36)...
- CYTOSOLIC PHOSPHOLIPASE A2 TRANSFORMED CELLSRaphael Nemenoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..cPLA2 is phosphorylated and activated in vitro by two growth-factor regulated protein kinases: protein kinase C and p42 MAP kinase...
- RAGE and modulation of tumor propertiesEmina Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppressed activation of members of the MAP kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK, involved in tumor cell proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- AIRWAY MYOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND LYSOSOMAL HYDROLASEDUKHEE LEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific aims are: 1) To determine the contribution of p42 and p44 mitogen activated protein kinases (p42/44MAPK) and 70-kD ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6k) in mannosyl-..
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..and human conjunctival goblet cells will be used to determined if EGF stimulates proliferation by activating 1) p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, (2) phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, or (3) PKC isoforms, Proliferation will be ..