Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUDEL
Description: nudE neurodevelopment protein 1 like 1
Alias: EOPA, MITAP1, NDE1L1, NDE2, NUDEL, nuclear distribution protein nudE-like 1, endooligopeptidase A, mitosin-associated protein 1, mitosin-associated protein MITAP1, nudE nuclear distribution E homolog-like 1, nudE nuclear distribution gene E homolog-like 1, protein Nudel
- Leliveld S, Bader V, Hendriks P, Prikulis I, Sajnani G, Requena J, et al. Insolubility of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 disrupts oligomer-dependent interactions with nuclear distribution element 1 and is associated with sporadic mental disease. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3839-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the absence of oligomer-dependent ligand interactions of DISC1 can be associated with sporadic mental disease of mixed phenotypes. ..
- Morris J, Kandpal G, Ma L, Austin C. DISC1 (Disrupted-In-Schizophrenia 1) is a centrosome-associated protein that interacts with MAP1A, MIPT3, ATF4/5 and NUDEL: regulation and loss of interaction with mutation. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:1591-608 pubmed..assays with multiple proteins of the centrosome and cytoskeletal system, including MIPT3, MAP1A and NUDEL; proteins which localize receptors to membranes, including alpha-actinin2 and beta4-spectrin; and proteins which ..
- Feng Y, Olson E, Stukenberg P, Flanagan L, Kirschner M, Walsh C. LIS1 regulates CNS lamination by interacting with mNudE, a central component of the centrosome. Neuron. 2000;28:665-79 pubmed..Thus, LIS1-mNudE interactions may regulate neuronal migration through dynamic reorganization of the MTOC. ..
- Niethammer M, Smith D, Ayala R, Peng J, Ko J, Lee M, et al. NUDEL is a novel Cdk5 substrate that associates with LIS1 and cytoplasmic dynein. Neuron. 2000;28:697-711 pubmed..Recently, we demonstrated that mammalian LIS1 regulates dynein functions. Here we characterize NUDEL, a novel LIS1-interacting protein with sequence homology to gene products also implicated in nuclear distribution ..
- Efimov V, Morris N. The LIS1-related NUDF protein of Aspergillus nidulans interacts with the coiled-coil domain of the NUDE/RO11 protein. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:681-8 pubmed..In addition, NUDF coprecipitates with an epitope-tagged NUDE. The fact that NUDF and LIS1 interact with the same protein domain strengthens the notion that these two proteins are functionally related...
- Hayashi M, Portaro F, Bastos M, Guerreiro J, Oliveira V, Gorrão S, et al. Inhibition of NUDEL (nuclear distribution element-like)-oligopeptidase activity by disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3828-33 pubmed..Interestingly, NUDEL is the same protein as endooligopeptidase A (EOPA), a thiol-activated peptidase involved in conversion and inactivation of a number of bioactive ..
- Toyo oka K, Sasaki S, Yano Y, Mori D, Kobayashi T, Toyoshima Y, et al. Recruitment of katanin p60 by phosphorylated NDEL1, an LIS1 interacting protein, is essential for mitotic cell division and neuronal migration. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3113-28 pubmedLIS1 is mutated in the human neuronal migration defect lissencephaly and along with NDEL1 (formerly NUDEL) participates in the regulation of cytoplasmic dynein function during neuronal development...
- Guo J, Yang Z, Song W, Chen Q, Wang F, Zhang Q, et al. Nudel contributes to microtubule anchoring at the mother centriole and is involved in both dynein-dependent and -independent centrosomal protein assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:680-9 pubmed..The centrosome is the major microtubule-organizing center in animal cells. Although the cytoplasmic dynein regulator Nudel interacts with centrosomes, its role herein remains unclear...
- Mori D, Yano Y, Toyo oka K, Yoshida N, Yamada M, Muramatsu M, et al. NDEL1 phosphorylation by Aurora-A kinase is essential for centrosomal maturation, separation, and TACC3 recruitment. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:352-67 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Aurora-A-mediated phosphorylation of NDEL1 is essential for centrosomal separation and centrosomal maturation and for mitotic entry. ..
- Toyo oka K, Shionoya A, Gambello M, Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward H, et al. 14-3-3epsilon is important for neuronal migration by binding to NUDEL: a molecular explanation for Miller-Dieker syndrome. Nat Genet. 2003;34:274-85 pubmed..14-3-3epsilon binds to CDK5/p35-phosphorylated NUDEL and this binding maintains NUDEL phosphorylation...
- Sasaki S, Shionoya A, Ishida M, Gambello M, Yingling J, Wynshaw Boris A, et al. A LIS1/NUDEL/cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain complex in the developing and adult nervous system. Neuron. 2000;28:681-96 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that LIS1 directly interacts with the cytoplasmic dynein heavy chain (CDHC) and NUDEL, a murine homolog of the Aspergillus nidulans nuclear migration mutant NudE...
- Burdick K, Kamiya A, Hodgkinson C, Lencz T, DeRosse P, Ishizuka K, et al. Elucidating the relationship between DISC1, NDEL1 and NDE1 and the risk for schizophrenia: evidence of epistasis and competitive binding. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2462-73 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that NDEL1 significantly influences risk for SZ via an interaction with DISC1. We propose a model where NDEL1 and NDE1 compete for binding with DISC1. ..
- Liang Y, Yu W, Li Y, Yang Z, Yan X, Huang Q, et al. Nudel functions in membrane traffic mainly through association with Lis1 and cytoplasmic dynein. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:557-66 pubmedb>Nudel and Lis1 appear to regulate cytoplasmic dynein in neuronal migration and mitosis through direct interactions. However, whether or not they regulate other functions of dynein remains elusive...
- Narayanan S, Arthanari H, Wolfe M, Wagner G. Molecular characterization of disrupted in schizophrenia-1 risk variant S704C reveals the formation of altered oligomeric assembly. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:44266-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the improper oligomeric assembly of DISC1-S704C may underlie the observed phenotypic variation due to the polymorphism. ..
- Brandon N, Handford E, Schurov I, Rain J, Pelling M, Duran Jimeniz B, et al. Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 and Nudel form a neurodevelopmentally regulated protein complex: implications for schizophrenia and other major neurological disorders. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;25:42-55 pubmed..We have demonstrated that DISC1 exists in a neurodevelopmentally regulated protein complex with Nudel. The complex is abundant at E17 and in early postnatal life but is greatly reduced in the adult...
- Derewenda U, Tarricone C, Choi W, Cooper D, Lukasik S, Perrina F, et al. The structure of the coiled-coil domain of Ndel1 and the basis of its interaction with Lis1, the causal protein of Miller-Dieker lissencephaly. Structure. 2007;15:1467-81 pubmed
- Collins D, Murdoch H, Dunlop A, Charych E, Baillie G, Wang Q, et al. Ndel1 alters its conformation by sequestering cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase-4D3 (PDE4D3) in a manner that is dynamically regulated through Protein Kinase A (PKA). Cell Signal. 2008;20:2356-69 pubmed publisherThe involvement of the Nuclear distribution element-like (Ndel1; Nudel) protein in the recruitment of the dynein complex is critical for neurodevelopment and potentially important for neuronal disease states...
- Hirohashi Y, Wang Q, Liu Q, Li B, Du X, Zhang H, et al. Centrosomal proteins Nde1 and Su48 form a complex regulated by phosphorylation. Oncogene. 2006;25:6048-55 pubmed..Collectively, our findings indicate that Nde1 can form a protein complex with Su48 in the centrosome and plays an important role for successful mitosis. ..
- Vergnolle M, Taylor S. Cenp-F links kinetochores to Ndel1/Nde1/Lis1/dynein microtubule motor complexes. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1173-9 pubmed..A major function of Cenp-F, therefore, is to link the Ndel1/Nde1/Lis1/Dynein pathway to kinetochores. Furthermore, our data demonstrate that Ndel1 and Nde1 play distinct roles to ensure chromosome alignment and segregation. ..
- Ma L, Tsai M, Wang S, Lu B, Chen R, Yates J, et al. Requirement for Nudel and dynein for assembly of the lamin B spindle matrix. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:247-56 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the isolated matrix contains known spindle assembly factors such as dynein and Nudel. Using spindle assembly assays in Xenopus egg extracts, we show that Nudel regulates microtubule organization ..
- Shan Y, Yu L, Li Y, Pan Y, Zhang Q, Wang F, et al. Nudel and FAK as antagonizing strength modulators of nascent adhesions through paxillin. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000116 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Nudel knockdown by interference RNA (RNAi) resulted in cell edge shrinkage due to poor adhesions of membrane protrusions...
- Ozeki Y, Tomoda T, Kleiderlein J, Kamiya A, Bord L, Fujii K, et al. Disrupted-in-Schizophrenia-1 (DISC-1): mutant truncation prevents binding to NudE-like (NUDEL) and inhibits neurite outgrowth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:289-94 pubmed..In yeast two-hybrid analyses, DISC-1 interacts with a variety of cytoskeletal proteins. One of these, NudE-like (NUDEL), is associated with cortical development and is linked to LIS-1, the disease gene for a form of lissencephaly, a ..
- Doobin D, Kemal S, Dantas T, Vallee R. Severe NDE1-mediated microcephaly results from neural progenitor cell cycle arrests at multiple specific stages. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12551 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that the severity of NDE1-associated microcephaly results not from defects in mitosis, but rather the inability of neural progenitors to ever reach this stage. ..
- Okamoto M, Iguchi T, Hattori T, Matsuzaki S, Koyama Y, Taniguchi M, et al. DBZ regulates cortical cell positioning and neurite development by sustaining the anterograde transport of Lis1 and DISC1 through control of Ndel1 dual-phosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2942-58 pubmed publisher..We concluded that DBZ controls cell positioning and neurite development by interfering with Ndel1 from disproportionate phosphorylation, which is critical for appropriate anterograde transport of the DISC1-complex. ..
- Wynne C, Vallee R. Cdk1 phosphorylation of the dynein adapter Nde1 controls cargo binding from G2 to anaphase. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:3019-3029 pubmed publisher..These results establish CENP-F as the first well-characterized Nde1 cargo protein, and reveal phosphorylation control of Nde1 cargo binding throughout a substantial fraction of the cell cycle. ..
- Hong J, Kwak Y, Woo Y, Park C, Lee S, Lee H, et al. Regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by the Ndel1-Tara complex is critical for cell migration. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31827 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrated that Ndel1 interacts with Tara to regulate cell movement. These findings reveal a novel role of the Ndel1-Tara complex in actin reorganization during cell movement. ..
- Toyo oka K, Wachi T, Hunt R, Baraban S, Taya S, Ramshaw H, et al. 14-3-3Îµ and Î¶ regulate neurogenesis and differentiation of neuronal progenitor cells in the developing brain. J Neurosci. 2014;34:12168-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new evidence that 14-3-3 proteins play important roles in neurogenesis and neuronal migration via the regulation of distinct signaling cascades. ..
- Liu L, Lu J, Li X, Wu A, Wu Q, Zhao M, et al. The LIS1/NDE1 Complex Is Essential for FGF Signaling by Regulating FGF Receptor Intracellular Trafficking. Cell Rep. 2018;22:3277-3291 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies identify the LIS1/NDE1 complex as an important FGF signaling regulator and provide insights into the bidirectional regulation of cell signaling and transport machinery for endocytosis. ..
- Klinman E, Holzbaur E. Stress-Induced CDK5 Activation Disrupts Axonal Transport via Lis1/Ndel1/Dynein. Cell Rep. 2015;12:462-73 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify CDK5 asÂ a Lis1/Ndel1-dependent regulator of transport in stressed neurons, and suggest that dysregulated CDK5 activity contributes to the transport deficits observed during neurodegeneration. ..
- Fujiwara T, Ye S, Castro Gomes T, Winchell C, Andrews N, Voth D, et al. PLEKHM1/DEF8/RAB7 complex regulates lysosome positioning and bone homeostasis. JCI Insight. 2016;1:e86330 pubmed publisher..Thus, PLHKEM1, DEF8, FAM98A, and NDEL1 constitute a molecular complex that regulates lysosome positioning and secretion through RAB7. ..
- Reddy B, Mattson M, Wynne C, Vadpey O, Durra A, Chapman D, et al. Load-induced enhancement of Dynein force production by LIS1-NudE in vivo and in vitro. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12259 pubmed publisher..These results identify a novel, intrinsic, cargo-associated mechanism for dynein-mediated force adaptation, which should markedly improve the ability of motor-driven cargoes to overcome subcellular obstacles. ..
- Noto C, Ota V, Santoro M, Gouvêa E, Silva P, Spindola L, et al. Depression, Cytokine, and Cytokine by Treatment Interactions Modulate Gene Expression in Antipsychotic NaÃ¯ve First Episode Psychosis. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5701-9 pubmed publisher..FEP patients with depression show a different gene expression profile reinforcing the theory that depression in FEP is a different phenotype. ..
- Bradshaw N, Hayashi M. NDE1 and NDEL1 from genes to (mal)functions: parallel but distinct roles impacting on neurodevelopmental disorders and psychiatric illness. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:1191-1210 pubmed publisherNDE1 (Nuclear Distribution Element 1, also known as NudE) and NDEL1 (NDE-Like 1, also known as NudEL) are the mammalian homologues of the fungus nudE gene, with important and at least partially overlapping roles for brain development...
- Kuijpers M, van de Willige D, Freal A, Chazeau A, Franker M, Hofenk J, et al. Dynein Regulator NDEL1 Controls Polarized Cargo Transport at the Axon Initial Segment. Neuron. 2016;89:461-71 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which LIS1 is a critical mediator of local NDEL1-based dynein activation at the AIS. By localizing to the AIS, NDEL1 facilitates the reversal of somatodendritic cargos in the proximal axon. ..
- Choi Y, Lee B, Hansen K, Aten S, Horning P, Wheaton K, et al. Status epilepticus stimulates NDEL1 expression via the CREB/CRE pathway in the adult mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2016;331:1-12 pubmed publisherNuclear distribution element-like 1 (NDEL1/NUDEL) is a mammalian homolog of the Aspergillus nidulans nuclear distribution molecule NudE...
- Inaba H, Goto H, Kasahara K, Kumamoto K, Yonemura S, Inoko A, et al. Ndel1 suppresses ciliogenesis in proliferating cells by regulating the trichoplein-Aurora A pathway. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:409-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ndel1 acts as a novel upstream regulator of the trichoplein-Aurora A pathway to inhibit primary cilia assembly. ..
- Newburn E, Hyde T, Ye T, Morita Y, Weinberger D, Kleinman J, et al. Interactions of human truncated DISC1 proteins: implications for schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry. 2011;1:e30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that complexes of full-length DISC1 with truncated DISC1 variants may result in cellular disturbances critical to DISC1 function. ..
- Toyo oka K, Mori D, Yano Y, Shiota M, Iwao H, Goto H, et al. Protein phosphatase 4 catalytic subunit regulates Cdk1 activity and microtubule organization via NDEL1 dephosphorylation. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1133-47 pubmed publisher..Our work uncovers a unique regulatory mechanism of MT organization by PP4c through its targets Cdk1 and NDEL1 via regulation of katanin p60 distribution. ..
- Chansard M, Wang J, Tran H, Neumayer G, Shim S, Park Y, et al. The cytoskeletal protein Ndel1 regulates dynamin 2 GTPase activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14583 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that Ndel1 regulates Dyn2 GTPase activity and impacts GluR1-containing membranes distribution in a manner reminiscent of Dyn2. ..
- Pei Z, Lang B, Fragoso Y, Shearer K, Zhao L, Mccaffery P, et al. The expression and roles of Nde1 and Ndel1 in the adult mammalian central nervous system. Neuroscience. 2014;271:119-36 pubmed publisher..have shown an association of nuclear distribution factor E (NDE1, or NudE) and its ohnolog NDE-like 1 (NDEL1, or Nudel) with mental disorders, the cellular mechanisms remain unclear...
- Tomassi S, Tosato S. Epigenetics and gene expression profile in first-episode psychosis: The role of childhood trauma. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;83:226-237 pubmed publisher..FEP showed global DNA hypo-methylation; increased methylation and reduced gene expression of GCH1; hyper-expression of MPB, NDEL1, AKT1, and DICER1; and hypo-expression of DROSHA, COMT, and DISC1 in comparison with healthy controls. ..
- Caspi M, Coquelle F, Koifman C, Levy T, Arai H, Aoki J, et al. LIS1 missense mutations: variable phenotypes result from unpredictable alterations in biochemical and cellular properties. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38740-8 pubmed..Overexpression of NudE or NudEL localized this mutant protein to spindle poles and kinetochores but had no effect on protein stability...
- Wu S, Ma L, Wu Y, Zeng R, Zhu X. Nudel is crucial for the WAVE complex assembly in vivo by selectively promoting subcomplex stability and formation through direct interactions. Cell Res. 2012;22:1270-84 pubmed publisher..How the WRC is assembled in vivo is not clear. Here we show that Nudel, a protein critical for lamellipodia formation, dramatically stabilized the Sra1-Nap1-Abi1 complex against ..
- Park Y, Jeong J, Lee H, Mun J, Kim J, Lee J, et al. Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) plays essential roles in mitochondria in collaboration with Mitofilin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17785-90 pubmed publisher..According to these results, we propose that DISC1 plays essential roles for mitochondrial function in collaboration with a mitochondrial interacting partner, Mitofilin. ..
- Vallee R, McKenney R, Ori McKenney K. Multiple modes of cytoplasmic dynein regulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:224-30 pubmed publisher..Recent work has distinguished high- and low-load regulatory modes for cytoplasmic dynein, which, combined with a diversity of targeting mechanisms, accounts for a very broad range of functions. ..
- Torisawa T, Nakayama A, Furuta K, Yamada M, Hirotsune S, Toyoshima Y. Functional dissection of LIS1 and NDEL1 towards understanding the molecular mechanisms of cytoplasmic dynein regulation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1959-65 pubmed publisher..This suggests that LIS1 dimerization is essential for its regulatory function. These results shed light on the molecular interactions between dynein, LIS1, and NDEL1, and the mechanisms of cytoplasmic dynein regulation. ..
- Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward H, Toyo oka K, Chung J, Gross A, et al. Refinement of a 400-kb critical region allows genotypic differentiation between isolated lissencephaly, Miller-Dieker syndrome, and other phenotypes secondary to deletions of 17p13.3. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:918-30 pubmed
- Gadelha A, Coleman J, Breen G, Mazzoti D, Yonamine C, Pellegrino R, et al. Genome-wide investigation of schizophrenia associated plasma Ndel1 enzyme activity. Schizophr Res. 2016;172:60-7 pubmed publisher..ZFPM2 and MAD1L1 were the only two genes with more than one hit at 10(-6) order of p value. Therefore, Ndel1 enzyme activity is a complex trait influenced by many different genetic variants that may contribute to SCZ physiopathology. ..
- Hayashi M, Guerreiro J, Charych E, Kamiya A, Barbosa R, Machado M, et al. Assessing the role of endooligopeptidase activity of Ndel1 (nuclear-distribution gene E homolog like-1) in neurite outgrowth. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;44:353-61 pubmed publisher..Genetic data and protein interaction with DISC1 might suggest a role for Ndel1 in neuropsychiatirc conditions. ..
- Valle Tenney R, Opazo T, Cancino J, Goff S, Arriagada G. Dynein Regulators Are Important for Ecotropic Murine Leukemia Virus Infection. J Virol. 2016;90:6896-6905 pubmed publisher..showed that RNA interference (RNAi)-mediated silencing of either DCTN2/p50/dynamitin or another dynein regulator, NudEL, profoundly reduced the efficiency of infection by ecotropic, but not amphotropic, MLV reporters...
- Guerreiro J, Winnischofer S, Bastos M, Portaro F, Sogayar M, de Camargo A, et al. Cloning and characterization of the human and rabbit NUDEL-oligopeptidase promoters and their negative regulation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1730:77-84 pubmedb>NUDEL-oligopeptidase is a cytosolic cysteine peptidase, active towards oligopeptides and involved in the conversion and inactivation of a number of bioactive peptides...
- Mineo A, Furriols M, Casanova J. Transfer of Dorsoventral and Terminal Information from the Ovary to the Embryo by a Common Group of Eggshell Proteins in Drosophila. Genetics. 2017;205:1529-1536 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that Nasrat, Polehole, and Closca are required for proper Nudel activity, a protease acting both in embryonic dorsoventral patterning and eggshell integrity, thus providing a ..
- Ding C, Liang X, Ma L, Yuan X, Zhu X. Opposing effects of Ndel1 and alpha1 or alpha2 on cytoplasmic dynein through competitive binding to Lis1. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2820-7 pubmed publisher..They also help to explain why brain development is particularly sensitive to a decrease in Lis1 levels. ..
- Yamada M, Hirotsune S, Wynshaw Boris A. The essential role of LIS1, NDEL1 and Aurora-A in polarity formation and microtubule organization during neurogensis. Cell Adh Migr. 2010;4:180-4 pubmed
- Wan Y, Yang Z, Guo J, Zhang Q, Zeng L, Song W, et al. Misfolded G? is recruited to cytoplasmic dynein by Nudel for efficient clearance. Cell Res. 2012;22:1140-54 pubmed publisher..Sustained activation of G?? signaling further elevated cellular levels of the ubiquitinated G?. Moreover, Nudel, a regulator of cytoplasmic dynein, the microtubule minus end-directed motor, directly interacted with both the ..
- Ye F, Kang E, Yu C, Qian X, Jacob F, Yu C, et al. DISC1 Regulates Neurogenesis via Modulating Kinetochore Attachment of Ndel1/Nde1 during Mitosis. Neuron. 2017;96:1041-1054.e5 pubmed publisher..Our study uncovers a new mechanism of action for DISC1 based on its structure, and it has implications for how genetic insults may contribute to psychiatric disorders. ..
- Hippenmeyer S, Youn Y, Moon H, Miyamichi K, Zong H, Wynshaw Boris A, et al. Genetic mosaic dissection of Lis1 and Ndel1 in neuronal migration. Neuron. 2010;68:695-709 pubmed publisher..Comparisons with previous genetic perturbations of Lis1 and Ndel1 also suggest a surprising degree of cell-nonautonomous function for these proteins in regulating neuronal migration. ..
- Tomppo L, Hennah W, Lahermo P, Loukola A, Tuulio Henriksson A, Suvisaari J, et al. Association between genes of Disrupted in schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) interactors and schizophrenia supports the role of the DISC1 pathway in the etiology of major mental illnesses. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65:1055-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings with other converging lines of evidence support the underlying importance of DISC1-related molecular pathways in the etiology of schizophrenia and other major mental illnesses. ..
- Kaplan A, Reiner O. Linking cytoplasmic dynein and transport of Rab8 vesicles to the midbody during cytokinesis by the doublecortin domain-containing 5 protein. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3989-4000 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DCDC5 plays an important role in mediating dynein-dependent transport of Rab8-positive vesicles and in coordinating late cytokinesis. ..
- Hirotsune S. [Molecular mechanism of lissencephaly--how LIS1 and NDEL1 regulate cytoplasmic dynein?]. Brain Nerve. 2008;60:375-81 pubmed
- Jie J, Lohr F, Barbar E. Dynein Binding of Competitive Regulators Dynactin and NudE Involves Novel Interplay between Phosphorylation Site and Disordered Spliced Linkers. Structure. 2017;25:421-433 pubmed publisherDynactin and NudE/Nudel are prominent regulators of cytoplasmic dynein motility and cargo-binding activities...
- Soares D, Bradshaw N, Zou J, Kennaway C, Hamilton R, Chen Z, et al. The mitosis and neurodevelopment proteins NDE1 and NDEL1 form dimers, tetramers, and polymers with a folded back structure in solution. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32381-93 pubmed..It sheds light on recently identified mutations in the NDE1 gene that cause truncation of the encoded protein. Additionally, analysis of mixed NDE1-NDEL1 complexes demonstrates that NDE1 and NDEL1 can interact directly. ..