Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUBP2
Description: nucleotide binding protein 2
Alias: CFD1, NBP 2, NUBP1, cytosolic Fe-S cluster assembly factor NUBP2, homolog of yeast cytosolic Fe-S cluster deficient 1, nucleotide binding protein 2 (MinD homolog, E. coli)
- Johnson N, Deck K, Nizzi C, Eisenstein R. A synergistic role of IRP1 and FBXL5 proteins in coordinating iron metabolism during cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15976-15989 pubmed publisher..mutant (IRP13C>3S) that cannot insert the Fe-S cluster, or along with knockdown of the CIA factors NUBP2 or FAM96A, reduced cell viability...
- Gress T, Müller Pillasch F, Geng M, Zimmerhackl F, Zehetner G, Friess H, et al. A pancreatic cancer-specific expression profile. Oncogene. 1996;13:1819-30 pubmed..In addition this has led to the identification of novel differentially expressed genes, which represent potential oncogenes or disease-associated markers and may be helpful for the development of therapeutic or diagnostic modalities. ..
- Nakashima H, Grahovac M, Mazzarella R, Fujiwara H, Kitchen J, Threat T, et al. Two novel mouse genes--Nubp2, mapped to the t-complex on chromosome 17, and Nubp1, mapped to chromosome 16--establish a new gene family of nucleotide-binding proteins in eukaryotes. Genomics. 1999;60:152-60 pubmed..Phylogenetic analyses of the genes, encoding a short form (Nubp2) and a long form (Nubp1) of NUBP, clearly establish them as a new NUBP/MRP gene family that is well conserved ..
- Roy A, Solodovnikova N, Nicholson T, Antholine W, Walden W. A novel eukaryotic factor for cytosolic Fe-S cluster assembly. EMBO J. 2003;22:4826-35 pubmed..of IRP1 to c-aconitase led to the identification of a previously uncharacterized, essential gene, which we call CFD1 (cytosolic Fe-S cluster deficient). CFD1 encodes a highly conserved, putative P-loop ATPase...
- Yarunin A, Panse V, Petfalski E, Dez C, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Functional link between ribosome formation and biogenesis of iron-sulfur proteins. EMBO J. 2005;24:580-8 pubmedIn genetic screens for ribosomal export mutants, we identified CFD1, NBP35 and NAR1 as factors involved in ribosome biogenesis...
- Kaplan R, Petersen A, Chen M, Teumer A, Glazer N, Doring A, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies novel loci associated with circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1241-51 pubmed publisher..These genetic loci deserve further investigation to elucidate the biological basis for the observed associations and clarify their possible role in IGF-mediated regulation of cell growth and metabolism. ..
- Bastow E, Bych K, Crack J, Le Brun N, Balk J. NBP35 interacts with DRE2 in the maturation of cytosolic iron-sulphur proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2017;89:590-600 pubmed publisher..of the cytosolic pathway for iron-sulphur (FeS) cluster assembly are conserved, except that plants lack a gene for CFD1 (Cytosolic FeS cluster Deficient 1)...