Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NTB A
Description: SLAM family member 6
Alias: CD352, KALI, KALIb, Ly108, NTB-A, NTBA, SF2000, SLAM family member 6, NK-T-B-antigen, NTBA receptor, activating NK receptor, natural killer-, T- and B-cell antigen
Products: NTB A
- Oeo Santos C, Mas S, Quiralte J, Colas C, Blanca M, Fernandez J, et al. A Hypoallergenic Polygalacturonase Isoform from Olive Pollen Is Implicated in Pollen-Pollen Cross-Reactivity. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2018;177:290-301 pubmed publisher..biological sources, especially foods and pollens from the Oleaceae family, have been described using Salsola kali PG (Sal k 6)...
- Balin S, Pellegrini M, Klechevsky E, Won S, Weiss D, Choi A, et al. Human antimicrobial cytotoxic T lymphocytes, defined by NK receptors and antimicrobial proteins, kill intracellular bacteria. Sci Immunol. 2018;3: pubmed publisher..We determined that CD8+ CTLs expressing granzyme B, perforin, and granulysin, as well as the activating NK receptor NKG2C, represent a population of "antimicrobial CTLs" (amCTLs) capable of T cell receptor (TCR)-dependent ..
- van Driel B, Wang G, Liao G, Halibozek P, Keszei M, O Keeffe M, et al. The cell surface receptor Slamf6 modulates innate immune responses during Citrobacter rodentium-induced colitis. Int Immunol. 2015;27:447-57 pubmed publisherThe homophilic cell surface receptors CD150 (Slamf1) and CD352 (Slamf6) are known to modulate adaptive immune responses...
- Cannons J, Qi H, Lu K, Dutta M, Gomez Rodriguez J, Cheng J, et al. Optimal germinal center responses require a multistage T cell:B cell adhesion process involving integrins, SLAM-associated protein, and CD84. Immunity. 2010;32:253-65 pubmed publisher..Moreover, both CD84 and another SLAM member, Ly108, mediated T cell adhesion and participated in stable T cell:B cell interactions in vitro...
- Kageyama R, Cannons J, Zhao F, Yusuf I, LAO C, Locci M, et al. The receptor Ly108 functions as a SAP adaptor-dependent on-off switch for T cell help to B cells and NKT cell development. Immunity. 2012;36:986-1002 pubmed publisher..The role of SAP in this process is incompletely understood. We found that deletion of receptor Ly108 (Slamf6) in CD4(+) T cells reversed the Sh2d1a(-/-) phenotype, eliminating the SAP requirement for germinal ..
- Wong E, Soni C, Chan A, Domeier P, Shwetank -, Abraham T, et al. B cell-intrinsic CD84 and Ly108 maintain germinal center B cell tolerance. J Immunol. 2015;194:4130-43 pubmed publisher..Sle1b background. B6.Sle1b mice overexpressing B6-derived Ly108 and CD84 exhibit a significant reduction in the spontaneously developed GC response and autoantibody production ..
- Zhao F, Cannons J, Dutta M, Griffiths G, Schwartzberg P. Positive and negative signaling through SLAM receptors regulate synapse organization and thresholds of cytolysis. Immunity. 2012;36:1003-16 pubmed publisher..In the absence of SAP, signaling through the SLAM family members Ly108 and 2B4 resulted in increased recruitment of theÂ SHP-1 phosphatase, associated with altered SHP-1 localization ..
- Grauwet K, Cantoni C, Parodi M, De Maria A, Devriendt B, Pende D, et al. Modulation of CD112 by the alphaherpesvirus gD protein suppresses DNAM-1-dependent NK cell-mediated lysis of infected cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:16118-23 pubmed publisher..infection or transfection led to degradation and consequent down-regulation of CD112, a ligand for the activating NK receptor DNAX accessory molecule 1 (DNAM-1)...
- Eisenberg G, Engelstein R, Geiger Maor A, Hajaj E, Merims S, Frankenburg S, et al. Soluble SLAMF6 Receptor Induces Strong CD8+ T-cell Effector Function and Improves Anti-Melanoma Activity In Vivo. Cancer Immunol Res. 2018;6:127-138 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that seSLAMF6 is a costimulator that could be used in melanoma immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Res; 6(2); 127-38. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Kruse V, Hamann C, Monecke S, Cyganek L, Elsner L, HÃ¼bscher D, et al. Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Are Targets for Allogeneic and Autologous Natural Killer (NK) Cells and Killing Is Partly Mediated by the Activating NK Receptor DNAM-1. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125544 pubmed publisher..63 x 10(-6)). Killing was partly dependent on the activating NK receptor DNAM-1 (P = 8.22 x 10(-7))...
- Wang N, Halibozek P, Yigit B, Zhao H, O Keeffe M, Sage P, et al. Negative Regulation of Humoral Immunity Due to Interplay between the SLAMF1, SLAMF5, and SLAMF6 Receptors. Front Immunol. 2015;6:158 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results establish SLAMF1, SLAMF5, and SLAMF6 as important negative regulators of humoral immune response, consistent with the notion that SLAM family receptors have dual functions in immune responses. ..
- Chen J, Tibroni N, Sauter D, Galaski J, Miura T, Alter G, et al. Modest attenuation of HIV-1 Vpu alleles derived from elite controller plasma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120434 pubmed publisher..Together these results suggest that in a subgroup of EC patients, some Vpu functions are modestly reduced, possibly as a result of host selection. ..
- Osolnik K, Rijavec M, Korosec P. Disposal of iNKT cell deficiency and an increase in expression of SLAM signaling factors characterizes sarcoidosis remission: a 4-year longitudinal study. Respir Res. 2014;15:91 pubmed publisher..Our longitudinal study showed that a disposal of iNKT deficiency in parallel with an increase in expression of SLAM signaling factors characterizes the clinical remission of sarcoidosis. ..
- Bolduan S, Reif T, Schindler M, Schubert U. HIV-1 Vpu mediated downregulation of CD155 requires alanine residues 10, 14 and 18 of the transmembrane domain. Virology. 2014;464-465:375-384 pubmed publisher..Thus, Vpu seems to subvert NK cell responses against HIV-1 infected T cells by modulation of receptors necessary for NK cell activation. ..
- Boving T, Choudri B, Cady P, Cording A, Patil K, Reddy V. Hydraulic and hydrogeochemical characteristics of a riverbank filtration site in rural India. Water Environ Res. 2014;86:636-48 pubmedA riverbank filtration (RBF) system was tested along the Kali River in rural part of the state of Karnataka in India...
- Dutta M, Schwartzberg P. Characterization of Ly108 in the thymus: evidence for distinct properties of a novel form of Ly108. J Immunol. 2012;188:3031-41 pubmed publisherLy108 (CD352) is a member of the signaling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM) family of receptors that signals through SLAM-associated protein (SAP), an SH2 domain protein that can function by the recruitment of Src family kinases or ..
- Tsukerman P, Yamin R, Seidel E, Khawaled S, Schmiedel D, Bar Mag T, et al. MiR-520d-5p directly targets TWIST1 and downregulates the metastamiR miR-10b. Oncotarget. 2014;5:12141-50 pubmed..we identified ten different cellular microRNAs that downregulate the expression of MICB, a ligand of the activating NK receptor NKG2D...
- Dutta M, Kraus Z, Gomez Rodriguez J, Hwang S, Cannons J, Cheng J, et al. A role for Ly108 in the induction of promyelocytic zinc finger transcription factor in developing thymocytes. J Immunol. 2013;190:2121-8 pubmed publisher..of preselection double-positive thymocytes through the signaling lymphocyte activation molecule family receptor Ly108 markedly enhanced PLZF expression compared with that induced by TCR stimulation alone...
- Neuss S, Bartel Y, Born C, Weil S, Koch J, Behrends C, et al. Cellular Mechanisms Controlling Surfacing of AICL Glycoproteins, Cognate Ligands of the Activating NK Receptor NKp80. J Immunol. 2018;201:1275-1286 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that AICL expression and surfacing are tightly controlled by several independent cellular posttranslational mechanisms. ..
- Chu C, Wang Y, Zhang X, Ni X, Cao J, Xu W, et al. SAP-regulated T Cell-APC adhesion and ligation-dependent and -independent Ly108-CD3Î¶ interactions. J Immunol. 2014;193:3860-71 pubmed publisher..protein (SAP) is required for stable cognate T-B cell conjugation, whereas SLAM family transmembrane (TM) receptor Ly108 may negatively regulate this process...
- Sandhu N, Raman K, Torres R, Audebert A, Dardou A, Kumar A, et al. Rice Root Architectural Plasticity Traits and Genetic Regions for Adaptability to Variable Cultivation and Stress Conditions. Plant Physiol. 2016;171:2562-76 pubmed publisher..e. yield stability) was evaluated in two traditional × improved rice populations (Aus 276 × MTU1010 and Kali Aus × MTU1010)...
- Tomescu C, Mavilio D, Montaner L. Lysis of HIV-1-infected autologous CD4+ primary T cells by interferon-alpha-activated NK cells requires NKp46 and NKG2D. AIDS. 2015;29:1767-73 pubmed publisher..01, nâ€Š=â€Š8) and NKG2D (Pâ€Š<â€Š0.05, nâ€Š=â€Š8), but not 2B4, NTBA, NKp30 or NKp44, significantly reduced IFN-Î±-activated lysis of aHIVCD4...
- Varekar V, Karmakar S, Jha R. Seasonal rationalization of river water quality sampling locations: a comparative study of the modified Sanders and multivariate statistical approaches. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:2308-28 pubmed publisher..A case study of Kali River, Western Uttar Pradesh, India, is selected for the analysis...
- Huang B, Gomez Rodriguez J, Preite S, Garrett L, Harper U, Schwartzberg P. CRISPR-Mediated Triple Knockout of SLAMF1, SLAMF5 and SLAMF6 Supports Positive Signaling Roles in NKT Cell Development. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156072 pubmed publisher..However, the TKO worsened defects in iNKT cells development seen in SLAMF6 single gene-targeted mice, supporting data on positive signaling and potential redundancy between these receptors. ..
- Kmiec D, Iyer S, Stürzel C, Sauter D, Hahn B, Kirchhoff F. Vpu-Mediated Counteraction of Tetherin Is a Major Determinant of HIV-1 Interferon Resistance. MBio. 2016;7: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that these changes in Vpu significantly enhance virus replication and release in human CD4(+) T cells, particularly in the presence of IFN, thus supporting an important role in the spread of pandemic HIV-1. ..
- Nirola R, Megharaj M, Beecham S, Aryal R, Thavamani P, Vankateswarlu K, et al. Remediation of metalliferous mines, revegetation challenges and emerging prospects in semi-arid and arid conditions. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:20131-20150 pubmed..Pioneer metallophytes namely Atriplex nummularia, Atriplex semibaccata, Salsola kali, Phragmites australis and Medicago sativa, representing the taxonomic orders Caryophyllales, Poales and Fabales are ..
- Pérez Carmona N, Farré D, Martínez Vicente P, Terhorst C, Engel P, Angulo A. Signaling Lymphocytic Activation Molecule Family Receptor Homologs in New World Monkey Cytomegaloviruses. J Virol. 2015;89:11323-36 pubmed publisher..The observation that the genomes of other large DNA viruses might bear SLAM family homologs further underscores the importance of these molecules as a novel class of immune regulators and as convenient scaffolds for viral evolution. ..
- Amin O, Heckmann R, Shareef P. Redescription of Pallisentis (Brevitritospinus) Indica (Acanthocephala: Quadrigyridae) from Channa punctatus Bloch & Schneider (Channidae) in Aligarh, India with New Understandings of Old Structures. J Parasitol. 2017;103:251-256 pubmed publisherPallisentis indica Mital and Lal, 1976 was originally described from Channa gachua Hamilton (Channidae) in Kali Nadi River, Aligarh, India...
- Stratigou V, Doyle A, Carlucci F, Stephens L, Foschi V, Castelli M, et al. Altered expression of signalling lymphocyte activation molecule receptors in T-cells from lupus nephritis patients-a potential biomarker of disease activity. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1206-1216 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates altered expression of the SLAM family receptors in SLE T lymphocytes. This is consistent with the importance of the SLAM-associated pathways in lupus pathogenesis. ..
- Hu J, Crampton J, Locci M, Crotty S. CRISPR-Mediated Slamf1Δ/Δ Slamf5Δ/Δ Slamf6Δ/Δ Triple Gene Disruption Reveals NKT Cell Defects but Not T Follicular Helper Cell Defects. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156074 pubmed publisher..SAP binds to SLAM family receptors, including SLAM, CD84, and Ly108 to enhance cytokine secretion and sustained T cell:B cell adhesion, which both improve T follicular helper (Tfh) ..
- Fatima M, Usmani N, Firdaus F, Zafeer M, Ahmad S, Akhtar K, et al. In vivo induction of antioxidant response and oxidative stress associated with genotoxicity and histopathological alteration in two commercial fish species due to heavy metals exposure in northern India (Kali) river. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;176-177:17-30 pubmed publisher..biomarkers of commercially important fish species namely, Channa striatus and Heteropneustes fossilis inhabiting Kali River of northern India where heavy-metal load is beyond the World Health Organisation - maximum permissible limits...
- Markose V, Jayappa K. Soil loss estimation and prioritization of sub-watersheds of Kali River basin, Karnataka, India, using RUSLE and GIS. Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:225 pubmed publisher..The objective of this research work is to estimate soil loss and prioritize the sub-watersheds of Kali River basin using Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE) model...
- Hu T, Simmons A, Yuan J, Bender T, Alberola Ila J. The transcription factor c-Myb primes CD4+CD8+ immature thymocytes for selection into the iNKT lineage. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:435-41 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the transcription factor c-Myb has a central role in priming DP thymocytes to enter the iNKT lineage by simultaneously regulating CD1d expression, the half-life of DP cells and expression of SLAMF1, SLAMF6 and SAP. ..
- Inoue T, Adachi K, Kawana K, Taguchi A, Nagamatsu T, Fujimoto A, et al. Cancer-associated fibroblast suppresses killing activity of natural killer cells through downregulation of poliovirus receptor (PVR/CD155), a ligand of activating NK receptor. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:1297-304 pubmed publisher..between CAFs and NK cell and found that cell-surface poliovirus receptor (PVR/CD155), a ligand of activating NK receptor DNAM-1, was downregulated in the CAFs compared with NEFs...
- Kumkar P, Katwate U, Raghavan R, Dahanukar N. Balitora chipkali, a new species of stone loach (Teleostei: Balitoridae) from the northern Western Ghats of India, with a note on the distribution of B. laticauda. Zootaxa. 2016;4138:155-70 pubmed publisherBalitora chipkali, a new species of stone loach, is described from the westward-flowing Astoli tributary of the Kali River system in the northern part of the Western Ghats, India...
- Yigit B, Halibozek P, Chen S, O Keeffe M, Arnason J, Avigan D, et al. A combination of an anti-SLAMF6 antibody and ibrutinib efficiently abrogates expansion of chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26346-60 pubmed publisher..For instance, the homophilic molecule SLAMF6 (CD352) is in part involved in natural killer T cell development, but also modulates T follicular helper cell and ..
- Mas S, Oeo Santos C, Cuesta Herranz J, Diaz Perales A, Colas C, Fernandez J, et al. A relevant IgE-reactive 28kDa protein identified from Salsola kali pollen extract by proteomics is a natural degradation product of an integral 47kDa polygalaturonase. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:1067-1076 pubmed publisherA highly prevalent IgE-binding protein band of 28kDa is observed when Salsola kali pollen extract is incubated with individual sera from Amaranthaceae pollen sensitized patients. By an immunoproteomic analysis of S...
- Valdez P, Wang H, Seshasayee D, van Lookeren Campagne M, Gurney A, Lee W, et al. NTB-A, a new activating receptor in T cells that regulates autoimmune disease. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18662-9 pubmed..The identification of NTB-A as a regulator of T cell response paves the way to provide novel therapeutic approaches for modulation of the immune response. ..
- Galaski J, Ahmad F, Tibroni N, Pujol F, Müller B, Schmidt R, et al. Cell Surface Downregulation of NK Cell Ligands by Patient-Derived HIV-1 Vpu and Nef Alleles. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2016;72:1-10 pubmed publisher..The conservation of downregulation of major NK cell ligands by either HIV-1 Vpu or Nef suggests an important pathophysiological role of this activity, which may impact the acute but not the chronic phase of HIV infection. ..
- Thanapati S, Ganu M, Tripathy A. Differential inhibitory and activating NK cell receptor levels and NK/NKT-like cell functionality in chronic and recovered stages of chikungunya. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188342 pubmed publisher..Upregulated inhibitory and downregulated activating NK receptor expressions on NK/NKT-like cells, lower perforin+ and CD107a+NK cells are likely responsible for ..
- Kong G, Dalton M, Bubeck Wardenburg J, Straus D, Kurosaki T, Chan A. Distinct tyrosine phosphorylation sites in ZAP-70 mediate activation and negative regulation of antigen receptor function. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5026-35 pubmed..In contrast, cells expressing mutations at Tyr-292 or -492 demonstrate hyperactive T- and B-cell antigen receptor phenotypes. Thus, phosphorylation of ZAP-70 mediates both activation and inactivation of antigen receptor signaling. ..
- Duev Cohen A, Bar On Y, Glasner A, Berhani O, Ophir Y, Levi Schaffer F, et al. The human 2B4 and NTB-A receptors bind the influenza viral hemagglutinin and co-stimulate NK cell cytotoxicity. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13093-105 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the critical role played by NK cells in eliminating influenza, a significant cause of worldwide morbidity and mortality. ..
- Katz G, Krummey S, Larsen S, Stinson J, Snow A. SAP facilitates recruitment and activation of LCK at NTB-A receptors during restimulation-induced cell death. J Immunol. 2014;192:4202-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal how SAP nucleates a previously unknown signaling complex involving NTB-A and LCK to potentiate RICD of activated human T cells. ..
- Ramirez P, DePaula Silva A, Szaniawski M, Barker E, Bosque A, Planelles V. HIV-1 Vpu utilizes both cullin-RING ligase (CRL) dependent and independent mechanisms to downmodulate host proteins. Retrovirology. 2015;12:65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, potential therapies aimed at antagonizing the activities of Vpu may need to address these distinct mechanisms of action in order to achieve a maximal effect. ..
- Mlcochova P, Apolonia L, Kluge S, Sridharan A, Kirchhoff F, Malim M, et al. Immune evasion activities of accessory proteins Vpu, Nef and Vif are conserved in acute and chronic HIV-1 infection. Virology. 2015;482:72-8 pubmed publisher..All functions were highly conserved with no significant differences between T/F and CC viruses, suggesting that these accessory protein functions are important throughout the course of infection. ..
- Lee Y, Luisiri P, Clark M. A novel complex, p40/42, is constitutively associated with the B cell antigen receptor and phosphorylated upon receptor stimulation. J Immunol. 1996;157:3828-37 pubmed..Finally, p40/42 was demonstrated to be a glycosylated surface protein that was constitutively associated with Ig-alphabeta. These results suggest that p40/42 is a novel constituent of the resting B cell Ag receptor complex. ..
- Chatterjee M, Kis Toth K, Thai T, Terhorst C, Tsokos G. SLAMF6-driven co-stimulation of human peripheral T cells is defective in SLE T cells. Autoimmunity. 2011;44:211-8 pubmed publisher..Here we report that a member of the SLAM superfamily, SLAMF6, or CD352 plays an important role in T cell co-stimulation...
- Al Massaedh A, Pyell U. Mixed-mode acrylamide-based continuous beds bearing tert-butyl groups for capillary electrochromatography synthesized via complexation of N-tert-butylacrylamide with a water-soluble cyclodextrin. Part I: Retention properties. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1477:114-126 pubmed publisher..forms an extremely strong water-soluble inclusion complex with Me-?-CD, we now selected N-tert-butylacrylamide (NTBA) as hydrophobic monomer forming an inclusion complex with Me-?-CD with a much lower value of the formation constant...
- Cao E, Ramagopal U, Fedorov A, Fedorov E, Yan Q, Lary J, et al. NTB-A receptor crystal structure: insights into homophilic interactions in the signaling lymphocytic activation molecule receptor family. Immunity. 2006;25:559-70 pubmed
- Sauter D, Unterweger D, Vogl M, Usmani S, Heigele A, Kluge S, et al. Human tetherin exerts strong selection pressure on the HIV-1 group N Vpu protein. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1003093 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HIV-1 group N Vpu is under strong host-specific selection pressure and that the acquisition of effective tetherin antagonism may lead to the emergence of viral variants with increased transmission fitness. ..
- Stark S, Watzl C. 2B4 (CD244), NTB-A and CRACC (CS1) stimulate cytotoxicity but no proliferation in human NK cells. Int Immunol. 2006;18:241-7 pubmed..In support of this, limiting inhibitory receptor engagement by antibodies leads to the autologous killing of NK cells in a 2B4-, NTB-A- and CRACC-dependent manner. ..
- Li L, Fischer W. Correlation of biological activity with computationally derived structural features from transmembrane hetero-dimers of HIV-1 Vpu with host factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:1104-12 pubmed publisher..Less parallel alignment is proposed to correlate with lower activity. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Viral Membrane Proteins - Channels for Cellular Networking. ..
- Proust R, Bertoglio J, Gesbert F. The adaptor protein SAP directly associates with CD3? chain and regulates T cell receptor signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43200 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we show that SAP plays a central function in the T cell activation processes through a direct association with the CD3 complex. ..
- Meinke S, Watzl C. NK cell cytotoxicity mediated by 2B4 and NTB-A is dependent on SAP acting downstream of receptor phosphorylation. Front Immunol. 2013;4:3 pubmed publisher2B4 (CD244) and NK-T-B-antigen (NTB-A, CD352) are activating receptors on human natural killer (NK) cells and belong to the family of signaling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM)-related receptors (SRR)...
- Bolduan S, Hubel P, Reif T, Lodermeyer V, Höhne K, Fritz J, et al. HIV-1 Vpu affects the anterograde transport and the glycosylation pattern of NTB-A. Virology. 2013;440:190-203 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the reduction of NTB-A from the cell surface is associated with the Vpu-mediated effect on the glycosylation pattern of newly synthesized NTB-A molecules. ..
- Zhao S, Xue L, Liu W, Gu Z, Pan C, Yang S, et al. Robust evidence for five new Graves' disease risk loci from a staged genome-wide association analysis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:3347-62 pubmed publisher..This study increased the number of GD loci with compelling evidence and indicated that non-coding RNAs might be potentially involved in the pathogenesis of GD. ..
- Wang N, Keszei M, Halibozek P, Yigit B, Engel P, Terhorst C. Slamf6 negatively regulates autoimmunity. Clin Immunol. 2016;173:19-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Slamf6 functions as an inhibitory receptor that controls autoimmune responses. ..
- Del Valle J, Engel P, Martin M. The cell surface expression of SAP-binding receptor CD229 is regulated via its interaction with clathrin-associated adaptor complex 2 (AP-2). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17430-7 pubmed..These data suggest that CD229 cell surface expression on lymphocytes surface is strongly and differentially regulated within the CD150 family members. ..
- Hercend T, Meuer S, Brennan A, Edson M, Acuto O, Reinherz E, et al. Natural killer-like function of activated T lymphocytes: differential blocking effects of monoclonal antibodies specific for a 90-kDa clonotypic structure. Cell Immunol. 1984;86:381-92 pubmed..Moreover, the unique functional effects of anti-NKTb suggest that additional levels of complexity exist in the specific recognition mechanisms of these clonal populations of NK active mature T lymphocytes. ..
- Banerjee P, Feuer G, Barker E. Human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) p12I down-modulates ICAM-1 and -2 and reduces adherence of natural killer cells, thereby protecting HTLV-1-infected primary CD4+ T cells from autologous natural killer cell-mediated cytotoxicity despite the. J Virol. 2007;81:9707-17 pubmed..Thus, despite HTLV-1-mediated down-modulation of MHC-I molecules, HTLV-1-infected primary CD4+ T cells avoids NK cell destruction by modulating ICAM expression and shunning the expression of ligands for activating receptors. ..
- Oh H, Chung S. Activation of transient receptor potential melastatin 7 (TRPM7) channel increases basal autophagy and reduces amyloid ?-peptide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:494-499 pubmed publisher..NTB was able to recover autophagy and decrease A? in PS1 ?E9 cells. Our results show that the activating TRPM7 channel may prevent AD-related A? neuropathology via modulating Ca2+-regulated basal autophagy. ..
- Chatterjee M, Hedrich C, Rauen T, Ioannidis C, Terhorst C, Tsokos G. CD3-T cell receptor co-stimulation through SLAMF3 and SLAMF6 receptors enhances ROR?t recruitment to the IL17A promoter in human T lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38168-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified an additional mechanism that may be central for the specific control of IL17A gene regulation in systemic lupus erythematosus T lymphocytes. ..
- Cole G, Reichheld S, Sharpe S. FRET Analysis of the Promiscuous yet Specific Interactions of the HIV-1 Vpu Transmembrane Domain. Biophys J. 2017;113:1992-2003 pubmed publisher..This leads to a model in which Vpu monomers, Vpu homooligomers, and Vpu-target heterooligomers coexist, and suggests that the conserved binding surface of Vpu TMD has been selected for weak binding to multiple targets. ..
- Sowrirajan B, Barker E. The natural killer cell cytotoxic function is modulated by HIV-1 accessory proteins. Viruses. 2011;3:1091-111 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the mechanisms through which the HIV-1 accessory proteins modulate their respective ligands, and its implication for NK cell killing of HIV-infected cells. ..
- Gumfekar S, Soares J. A novel hydrophobically-modified polyelectrolyte for enhanced dewatering of clay suspension. Chemosphere. 2018;194:422-431 pubmed publisher..the effect of multifunctional poly (N-isopropyl acrylamide/acrylic acid/N-tert-butylacrylamide) [p(NIPAM-AA-NTBA)] ternary polymer on the sedimentation of kaolin clay - a major fraction of oil sands tailings...
- Davis Z, Sowrirajan B, Cogswell A, Ward J, Planelles V, Barker E. CD155 on HIV-Infected Cells Is Not Modulated by HIV-1 Vpu and Nef but Synergizes with NKG2D Ligands to Trigger NK Cell Lysis of Autologous Primary HIV-Infected Cells. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2017;33:93-100 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that HIV and specifically Nef and/or Vpu do not modulate CD155 on infected primary T cells; and both CD155 and NKG2D ligands synergize as aNKRs to trigger NK cell lysis of the infected cell. ..
- Wu N, Zhong M, Roncagalli R, PÃ©rez Quintero L, Guo H, Zhang Z, et al. A hematopoietic cell-driven mechanism involving SLAMF6 receptor, SAP adaptors and SHP-1 phosphatase regulates NK cell education. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:387-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to their role in NK cell activation by hematopoietic cells, the SLAM-SAP pathways influence responsiveness toward nonhematopoietic targets by a process akin to NK cell 'education'. ..
- Radomir L, Cohen S, Kramer M, Bakos E, Lewinsky H, Barak A, et al. T Cells Regulate Peripheral Naive Mature B Cell Survival by Cell-Cell Contact Mediated through SLAMF6 and SAP. J Immunol. 2017;199:2745-2757 pubmed publisher..Thus, naive T cells regulate B cell survival in a SLAMF6- and SAP-dependent manner. ..
- Hernández Del Pino R, Pellegrini J, Rovetta A, Peña D, Álvarez G, Rolandelli A, et al. Restimulation-induced T-cell death through NTB-A/SAP signaling pathway is impaired in tuberculosis patients with depressed immune responses. Immunol Cell Biol. 2017;95:716-728 pubmed publisher..Together, we showed that the NTB-A/SAP pathway regulates T-cell activation and RICD during human TB. Moreover, the NTB-A/SAP/FYNT axis promotes polarization to an unfavorable Th2-phenotype. ..
- Fischer W, Li L, Mahato D, Wang Y, Chen C. Viral channel proteins in intracellular protein-protein communication: Vpu of HIV-1, E5 of HPV16 and p7 of HCV. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1838:1113-21 pubmed publisher..An overview of the interactions with host proteins is given for Vpu from HIV-1, E5 from HPV-16 and p7 from HCV. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Viral Membrane Proteins - Channels for Cellular Networking. ..
- Karampetsou M, Comte D, Kis Toth K, Kyttaris V, Tsokos G. Expression patterns of signaling lymphocytic activation molecule family members in peripheral blood mononuclear cell subsets in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186073 pubmed publisher..Overall, the expression of various SLAMF receptors is dysregulated in SLE and may contribute to the immunopathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Richard J, Cohen E. HIV-1 Vpu disarms natural killer cells. Cell Host Microbe. 2010;8:389-91 pubmed publisher..2010) demonstrate that HIV-1 protects infected cells from NK-cell-mediated killing by hindering NK-cell degranulation through downmodulation of NTB-A coactivation receptor ligands by the Vpu accessory protein. ..
- Fraser C, Howie D, Morra M, Qiu Y, Murphy C, Shen Q, et al. Identification and characterization of SF2000 and SF2001, two new members of the immune receptor SLAM/CD2 family. Immunogenetics. 2002;53:843-50 pubmed..We have identified two new members of the SLAM family (SF), which we term SF2000 and SF2001, which are expressed in immune cells and map in the SLAM gene cluster...
- Gray C, Ward R, Karran E, Turconi S, Rowles A, Viglienghi D, et al. Characterization of human HtrA2, a novel serine protease involved in the mammalian cellular stress response. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:5699-710 pubmed
- Baglaenko Y, Cruz Tleugabulova M, Gracey E, Talaei N, Manion K, Chang N, et al. Invariant NKT Cell Activation Is Potentiated by Homotypic trans-Ly108 Interactions. J Immunol. 2017;198:3949-3962 pubmed publisher..article, we show that C57BL/6 mice containing the New Zealand Black Slam locus have profound alterations in Ly108, CD150, and Ly9 expression that is associated with iNKT cell hyporesponsiveness...
- Tangye S, Nichols K, Hare N, van de Weerdt B. Functional requirements for interactions between CD84 and Src homology 2 domain-containing proteins and their contribution to human T cell activation. J Immunol. 2003;171:2485-95 pubmed..2B4, signaling lymphocytic activation molecule (SLAM), Ly9, CD84, and the recently identified molecules NTB-A/Ly108/SLAM family (SF) 2000, CD84H-1/SF2001, B lymphocyte activator macrophage expressed (BLAME), and CRACC (CD2-like ..
- Yamada E, Yoshikawa R, Nakano Y, Misawa N, Koyanagi Y, Sato K. Impacts of humanized mouse models on the investigation of HIV-1 infection: illuminating the roles of viral accessory proteins in vivo. Viruses. 2015;7:1373-90 pubmed publisher..This review describes the current knowledge of the roles of HIV-1 accessory proteins in viral infection, replication, and pathogenicity in vivo, which are revealed by the studies using humanized mouse models. ..