Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NR2B
Description: glutamate receptor, ionotropic, N-methyl D-aspartate 2B
Alias: GluN2B, MRD6, NMDAR2B, NR2B, hNR3, N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subtype 2B, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 3, NR3, glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit epsilon-2, glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 2B, glutamate receptor subunit epsilon-2
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term potentiation in the nucleus accumbens requires both NR2A- and NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsSietske M Schotanus
The Karolinska Institute, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Section of Molecular Neurophysiology, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 27:1957-64. 2008..However, the contribution of NR2B in the induction of LTP is not always clearly established...
- Late phase of long-term potentiation induced by co-application of N-methyl-d-aspartic acid and the antagonist of NR2B-containing N-methyl-d-aspartic acid receptors in rat hippocampusA Oh-Nishi
Division of Brain Science, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Neuroscience 159:127-35. 2009..a brief bath co-application of a low concentration of NMDA, an agonist of NMDARs, and the selective antagonist of NR2B-containing NMDARs, (alpha R, beta S)-alpha-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-beta-methyl-4-(phenylmethyl)-1-piperidinepropanol (..
- Regulation of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II catalysis by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2BKurup K Pradeep
Department of Neurobiology, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thycaud, P O, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala, India
Biochem J 419:123-32, 4 p following 132. 2009Binding of CaMKII (Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II) to the NR2B subunit of the NMDAR (N-methyl-D-aspartate-type glutamate receptor) in the PSD (postsynaptic density) is essential for the induction of long-term potentiation...
- SGK1 phosphorylation of IkappaB Kinase alpha and p300 Up-regulates NF-kappaB activity and increases N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2A and NR2B expressionDerek J C Tai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 284:4073-89. 2009..SGK1 enhanced nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) activity and up-regulated N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor NR2A and NR2B expression through activation of IKKalpha at Thr-23 and Ser-180, and these two residues play an equally important ..
- Platelet-derived growth factor selectively inhibits NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in CA1 hippocampal neuronsMichael A Beazely
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:8054-63. 2009..hippocampus, the majority of NMDA receptors are heteromeric; most are composed of 2 NR1 subunits and 2 NR2A or 2 NR2B subunits...
- mRNA distribution in adult human brain of GRIN2B, a N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunitA M Schito
Institute of Biology and Genetics, University of Genoa, Italy
Neurosci Lett 239:49-53. 1997The expression of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit NR2B/epsilon2 (GRIN2B) in the human adult brain was assayed by in situ hybridisation, by using a specific cRNA probe. The full length GRIN2B cDNA was cloned and sequenced...
- Quantitative hypermethylation of NMDAR2B in human gastric cancerJun Wei Liu
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Head and Neck Cancer Research, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1994-2000. 2007NMDA receptor Type 2B (NMDAR2B) is a candidate TSG first identified in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Genetic enhancement of learning and memory in miceY P Tang
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Nature 401:63-9. 1999..Here we show that overexpression of NMDA receptor 2B (NR2B) in the forebrains of transgenic mice leads to enhanced activation of NMDA receptors, facilitating synaptic ..
- Phosphorylation-dependent interaction of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor epsilon 2 subunit with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseC Hisatsune
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Genes Cells 4:657-66. 1999....
- Characterization of MALS/Velis-1, -2, and -3: a family of mammalian LIN-7 homologs enriched at brain synapses in association with the postsynaptic density-95/NMDA receptor postsynaptic complexK Jo
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
J Neurosci 19:4189-99. 1999..This work suggests a role for MALS proteins in regulating recruitment of neurotransmitter receptors to the PSD...
- Striatal neurons but not nigral dopaminergic neurons in neonatal primary cell culture express endogenous functional N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsP W Lui
Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, PR China
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 120:9-21. 2003..In striatal neurons, NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNAs and immunoreactivity, and NR2D mRNA were found and the maximal levels of NR1 mRNA and immunoreactivity ..
- Role of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in gastric mucosal blood flow induced by histamineLi Hsueh Tsai
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Neurosci Res 77:730-8. 2004..inhibit histamine-stimulated GMBF and to examine the expression patterns of NMDA receptor subunits NR1, NR2A, and NR2B in rat stomach. Laser Doppler flowmetry was used to measure gastric blood flow in anesthetized rats...
- Use of trifluoroperazine isolates a [(3)H]Ifenprodil binding site in rat brain membranes with the pharmacology of the voltage-independent ifenprodil site on N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors containing NR2B subunitsL L Coughenour
Department of Neuroscience Therapeutics, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor Laboratories, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:150-9. 2001..binding to a single high affinity state with the pharmacology of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors containing NR2B subunits...
- 3-mercaptopropionic acid-induced seizures decrease NR2B expression in Purkinje cells: cyclopentyladenosine effectE Girardi
Instituto de Biología Celular y Neurociencia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas CONICET, Paraguay 2155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Mol Neurobiol 30:985-90. 2010..In mature Purkinje cells, the combination of NR1 with NR2B subunits forms functional NMDARs; NR2B subunit may be altered in exocitotoxic events...
- Functional and pharmacological differences between recombinant N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsS Vicini
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neurophysiol 79:555-66. 1998..outside-out membrane patches excised from cells expressing recombinant NR1 subunits in combination with the NR2A, NR2B, NR2C, or NR2D NMDA receptor subunits...
- Selective subunit antagonists suggest an inhibitory relationship between NR2B and NR2A-subunit containing N-methyl-D: -aspartate receptors in hippocampal slicesAndrew P Mallon
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Division of Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems, West Medical Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
Exp Brain Res 162:374-83. 2005..Here, we have examined the effects of selective antagonists of NR2A and NR2B subunits (NVP-AAM07 and Ro25-6981 respectively) on the effects of NMDA in the CA1 field of rat hippocampal slices...
- Differential roles of NMDA Receptor Subtypes NR2A and NR2B in dendritic branch development and requirement of RasGRF1Fernando J Sepulveda
Dept of Physiopathology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Univ of Concepción, Concepcion, Chile
J Neurophysiol 103:1758-70. 2010..However, because NMDARs are abundantly present as tri-heteromers (e.g., NR1/NR2A/NR2B) during development, the precise role of the individual subunits NR2A and NR2B in these processes has not been ..
- [Expression of NR2B in the spinal dorsal horn and dorsal root ganglia in mice with bone cancer pain]Rui Han
Department of Anesthesiology, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:976-82. 2010..of ethology and the immunohistochemistry results of the 2B Subunits of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NR2B) in the spinal cord dorsal horn and dorsal root ganglia (DRG) in mice with bone cancer pain and their correlation, ..
- The pore region of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors differentially influences stimulation and block by spermineLihua Jin
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8675, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:68-77. 2008The transmembrane and pore-forming regions of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors containing the NR1 and NR2B subunits were studied by measuring the effects of various NR1 and NR2B mutants on stimulation and block by spermine...
- alpha-Isoform of calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II and postsynaptic density protein 95 differentially regulate synaptic expression of NR2A- and NR2B-containing N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors in hippocampusC S Park
Department of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Neuroscience 151:43-55. 2008..be enhanced, we found a subtle, yet preferential displacement of synaptic N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor subunit 2B (NR2B) subunits in lateral regions of the synapse without affecting changes in the localization of N-methyl-d-aspartate ..
- NMDA receptor subunit gene expression in the rat brain: a quantitative analysis of endogenous mRNA levels of NR1Com, NR2A, NR2B, NR2C, NR2D and NR3AD J Goebel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 69:164-70. 1999..Pharmacological properties of recombinant human N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors comprising NR1a/NR2A and NR1a/NR2B subunit assemblies expressed in permanently transfected mouse fiberblast cells, Mol. Pharmacol...
- Allosteric modulators of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors: molecular mechanisms and therapeutic potentialLaetitia Mony
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, Ecole Normale Superieure, CNRS, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 157:1301-17. 2009..The present review focuses on allosteric modulation of NMDARs containing the NR2B subunit...
- In developing hippocampal neurons, NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDARs) can mediate signaling to neuronal survival and synaptic potentiation, as well as neuronal deathM A Martel
Centre for Neuroscience Research, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Neuroscience 158:334-43. 2009It has been suggested that NR2B-containing N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptors have a selective tendency to promote pro-death signaling and synaptic depression, compared with the survival promoting, synapse potentiating properties of ..
- Deletion of the C-terminal domain of the NR2B subunit alters channel properties and synaptic targeting of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in nascent neocortical synapsesRalf Mohrmann
Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum, Germany
J Neurosci Res 68:265-75. 2002..To investigate the involvement of the C-terminal domain of the NR2B subunit in regulating channel properties and synaptic localization, we analyzed gene-targeted mice expressing C-..
- Structural characterization of the intermolecular interactions of synapse-associated protein-97 with the NR2B subunit of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsLei Wang
Department of Physics, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Biol Chem 280:26992-6. 2005..The molecular scaffold/receptor interaction is mediated by the association of the C terminus of the NR2B subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor with the PDZ domains of SAP97...
- Structural basis of NR2B-selective antagonist recognition by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsLaetitia Mony
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche 8544, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 75:60-74. 2009..are ifenprodil and derivatives, compounds that act as noncompetitive inhibitors selective for NMDARs containing the NR2B subunit...
- Different trends in modulation of NMDAR1 and NMDAR2B gene expression in cultured cortical and hippocampal neurons after lead exposureW K Lau
Department of Biology and Institute for Natural Resources and Environmental Management, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong, PR China
Brain Res 932:10-24. 2002..In order to investigate the effects of Pb(2+) on the gene expression of NR1 and NR2B subunits in neurons, primary cell cultures of rat cortical and hippocampal neurons were employed...
- Development of NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNA in NR1 immunoreactive cells of rat visual cortexZ Cao
Institute of Neuroscience, 1254 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Brain Res 868:296-305. 2000..between the sensitive period for monocular deprivation and the expression of rat NMDAR subunits, NR2A and NR2B. In the rat the sensitive period ends sometime after postnatal day 50 (P50)...
- Specific determinants of conantokins that dictate their selectivity for the NR2B subunit of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsZ Sheng
W M Keck Center for Transgene Research and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Neuroscience 170:703-10. 2010..con)-G, a 17-residue peptide, is selective for NMDARs containing the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor subunit 2 B (NR2B), whereas the homologous peptides, con-T and con-R, show broader selectivity for NR2 subunits...
- Inhibition of NR2B phosphorylation restores alterations in NMDA receptor expression and improves functional recovery following traumatic brain injury in miceJohanna Schumann
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurotrauma 25:945-57. 2008..In the hippocampus, the expression of NR1, NR2A, and NR2B subunits as well as the GluR1 subunit of the AMPA receptor (AMPAR) were increased, while in the cortex at the ..
- Fear memory impairing effects of systemic treatment with the NMDA NR2B subunit antagonist, Ro 25-6981, in mice: attenuation with ageingPoonam Mathur
Section on Behavioral Science and Genetics, Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse, NIH, Rockville, MD 20852 9411, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 91:453-60. 2009..We characterized pre-conditioning systemic treatment of the NR2B subunit-selective antagonist Ro 25-6981 for effects on multi-trial, one-trial and low-shock Pavlovian fear ..
- Forelimb dyskinesia mediated by high-frequency stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus is linked to rapid activation of the NR2B subunit of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsAdrien Quintana
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 836 INSERM U386, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France
Eur J Neurosci 32:423-34. 2010..in glutamatergic neurotransmission as previously reported for L-DOPA-induced dyskinesias, focusing on the role of NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NR2B/NMDARs)...
- Association analysis of GRIN1 and GRIN2B polymorphisms and Parkinson's disease in a hospital-based case-control studyShey Lin Wu
Department of Neurology, Chang Hua Christian Hospital, Chang Hua, Taiwan
Neurosci Lett 478:61-5. 2010..78, 95%CI=0.59-1.02, P(trend)=0.073). Our results suggest that polymorphisms in the GRIN1 and GRIN2B genes may serve as potential biomarkers for a reduced risk of PD among the Chinese population in Taiwan...
- [Anti-nMDA receptor encephalitis--clinical manifestations and pathophysiology]Takahiro Iizuka
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 228 8555, Japan
Brain Nerve 60:1047-60. 2008..Two years later, they identified conformal extracellular epitopes present in the NR1/NR2B heteromers of NMDAR, which are expressed in the hippocampus/forebrain...
- Presynaptic NR2B-containing NMDA autoreceptors mediate gluta-matergic synaptic transmission in the rat visual cortexYan Hai Li
The Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710049, P R China
Curr Neurovasc Res 6:104-9. 2009..Using a specific antagonist for NR2B-NMDA-Rs, (alphaR,betaS)-alpha-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-beta-methyl-4-(phenylmethyl)-1-piperidinepropanol hydrochloride (Ro ..
- Decrease in N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor-NR2B subunit levels by intrathecal short-hairpin RNA blocks group I metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated hyperalgesiaBichoy H Gabra
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, P O Box 980613, Richmond, VA 23298 0613
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:186-94. 2007..antagonist at the glycine-binding site of the NMDAR), ifenprodil and Ro 25-6981 (selective antagonists of the NR2B subunit of the NMDAR), bisindolylmaleimide I and Go-7874 [12-(2-cyanoethyl)-6,7,12,13-tetrahydro-13-methyl-5-oxo-5H-..
- Chronic unpredictable stress before pregnancy reduce the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in hippocampus of offspring rats associated with impairment of memoryYuejun Huang
The Department of Pediatrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Shantou University, North Dongxia Road, 515041, Shantou, Guangdong Province, China
Neurochem Res 35:1038-49. 2010..well as the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) 2A (NR2A) and 2B (NR2B) receptors in the hippocampus of the offspring rats when they were 2 months postnatally...
- Localization of N-methyl-D-aspartate NR2B subunits on primary sensory neurons that give rise to small-caliber sciatic nerve fibers in ratsQ P Ma
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, CM20 2QR, Harlow, UK
Neuroscience 101:699-707. 2000..and retrograde tracing techniques to investigate the relationship between the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2B subunits and small-diameter primary afferent dorsal root ganglion neurons that give rise to the sciatic nerve ..
- NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor in the basolateral amygdala is necessary for the acquisition of conditioned defeat in Syrian hamstersDiane E Day
Department of Biology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Behav Brain Res 217:55-9. 2011..heteromeric receptor complex, making it difficult to distinguish the relative contributions of either the NR2A or NR2B receptor subtypes on the acquisition of CD...
- Transient down-regulation of NMDA receptor subunit gene expression in the rat retina following NMDA-induced neurotoxicity is attenuated in the presence of the non-competitive NMDA receptor antagonist MK-801D J Goebel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Exp Eye Res 72:547-58. 2001..Following NMDA insult, the mRNA levels for NR1(com ), NR2A, NR2B and, to a lesser extent, the NR2C subunit were substantially reduced within 24 hr post-treatment (PT), and remained ..
- Contribution of the spinal cord BDNF to the development of neuropathic pain by activation of the NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in rats with spinal nerve ligationShan Jing Geng
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100191, PR China
Exp Neurol 222:256-66. 2010..cord BDNF contributes to the development and maintenance of neuropathic pain by activation of the dorsal horn NR2B-containing NMDA (NMDA-2B) receptors, this study was designed to investigate if alterations in BDNF and its TrkB ..
- Contribution of NR2B subunits to synaptic transmission in amygdaloid interneuronsCsaba Szinyei
Institute of Physiology, Medical School, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:2549-56. 2003..time course, with both components being significantly reduced by ifenprodil (10 microm), an antagonist of the NR2B subunit of NMDA receptors...
- Differential modulation of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activity by regulated interactions with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2B subunits and alpha-actininA J Robison
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Molecular Neurosciences and The Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0615, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39316-23. 2005..The NR2B subunit of N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA)-type glutamate receptor, densin-180, and alpha-actinin bind comparable, ..
- Laminar distribution of NMDA receptor subunit (NR1, NR2A, NR2B) expression during the critical period in cat visual cortexGeorge D Mower
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, Health Sciences Center, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 500 South Preston St, A Bldg, Rm 902, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 119:19-27. 2003..to determine developmental changes in the laminar distribution of the three major cortical NMDA subunits (NR2A, NR2B, NR1) during the critical period in cat visual cortex...
- Selective vulnerability of hippocampal cornu ammonis 1 pyramidal cells to excitotoxic insult is associated with the expression of polyamine-sensitive N-methyl-D-asparate-type glutamate receptorsT R Butler
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Neuroscience 165:525-34. 2010..of mature neuron density (NeuN); microtubule associated protein-2(a,b) density (MAP-2); and NMDA receptor NR1 and NR2B subunit density in the primary cell layers of the dentate gyrus (DG), CA3, and CA1 regions, was conducted...
- In vivo neurochemical effects of the NR2B selective NMDA receptor antagonist CR 3394 in 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned ratsSophie Sarre
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Research Group Experimental Pharmacology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B1090 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 584:297-305. 2008..N-[2-(3,5-dimethyl-1-adamantyl)ethyl]acetamidine, an adamantane derivative with preferential selectivity for the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor, has dopamine releasing properties in vivo...
- Group I metabotropic glutamate receptor NMDA receptor coupling and signaling cascade mediate spinal dorsal horn NMDA receptor 2B tyrosine phosphorylation associated with inflammatory hyperalgesiaWei Guo
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 24:9161-73. 2004Hindpaw inflammation induces tyrosine phosphorylation (tyr-P) of the NMDA receptor (NMDAR) 2B (NR2B) subunit in the rat spinal dorsal horn that is closely related to the initiation and development of hyperalgesia...
- Osmotic activation of the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system reversibly downregulates the NMDA receptor subunit, NR2B, in the supraoptic nucleus of the hypothalamusM C Currás-Collazo
Department of Neuroscience, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 70:187-96. 1999..we examined the effects of osmotic stimulation on the protein expression of the NMDA receptor subunits, NR1 and NR2B, important in binding glycine and glutamate, respectively...
- The site specific demethylation in the 5'-regulatory area of NMDA receptor 2B subunit gene associated with CIE-induced up-regulation of transcriptionMei Qiang
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8798. 2010..We recently reported that NMDA receptor 2B (NR2B) gene expression was persistently up-regulated following chronic intermittent ethanol (CIE) treatment...
- Interleukin-1 beta released by gp120 drives neural death through tyrosine phosphorylation and trafficking of NMDA receptorsBarbara Viviani
Laboratory of Toxicology and Center of Excellence on Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:30212-22. 2006..Increased phosphorylation of NR2B Tyr-1472 was observed after 24 h of exposure of neurons to 600 pm gp120...
- Therapeutic significance of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors and mGluR5 metabotropic glutamate receptors in mediating the synaptotoxic effects of β-amyloid oligomers on long-term potentiation (LTP) in murine hippocampal slicesGerhard Rammes
Dept of Anesthesiology, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Neuropharmacology 60:982-90. 2011..NMDA receptors containing the NR2B subunit have been proposed to play a particularly important role in excitotoxicity, functioning as extracellular &..
- Tonic facilitation of glutamate release by presynaptic NR2B-containing NMDA receptors is increased in the entorhinal cortex of chronically epileptic ratsJian Yang
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 26:406-10. 2006..R)-[(S)-1-(4-bromo-phenyl)-ethylamino]-(2,3-dioxo-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinoxalin-5-yl)-methyl]-phosphonic acid] and NR2B [(alphaR, betaS)-alpha-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-beta-methyl-4-(phenylmethyl)-1-piperidinepropanol hydrochloride (Ro 25-..
- Reversal of cocaine-induced behavioral sensitization and associated phosphorylation of the NR2B and GluR1 subunits of the NMDA and AMPA receptorsXiuwu Zhang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:377-87. 2007..changes were associated with parallel alterations in expression levels and/or phosphorylation changes in the NR2B and GluR1 subunits of the respective NMDA and AMPA receptors...
- Colon mustard oil instillation induced cross-organ reflex sensitization on the pelvic-urethra reflex activity in ratsHsien Yu Peng
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Chang Kuo North Rd Section 1, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
Pain 142:75-88. 2009We investigated the participation of cyclin-dependent kinase-5 (Cdk5)-mediated N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) NR2B subunit phosphorylation in cross-organ reflex sensitization caused by colon irritation...
- The anti-craving compound acamprosate acts as a weak NMDA-receptor antagonist, but modulates NMDA-receptor subunit expression similar to memantine and MK-801G Rammes
Clinical Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2, 80804 Munich, Germany
Neuropharmacology 40:749-60. 2001..5.5mM) and Xenopus oocytes (NR1-1a/NR2A assemblies: IC(50) approx. 350 microM, NR1-1a/NR2B: IC(50) approx...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit phenotypes of vagal afferent neurons in nodose ganglia of the ratKrzysztof Czaja
Programs in Neuroscience and Department of Veterinary, Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, 99163 6520, USA
J Comp Neurol 496:877-85. 2006..Although NMDA receptor subunits (NR1, NR2B, NR2C, and NR2D) have been linked to distinct neuronal populations in the brain, the NMDA receptor subunit ..
- Molecular determinants of NMDA receptor function in GABAergic neurones of rat forebrainT Plant
I Physiologisches Institut, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
J Physiol 499:47-63. 1997..When tested for NR2A-C, all but one neurone were shown to express mRNA for NR2B. The NR2B subunit mRNA was usually detected together with NR2A or NR2C...
- Pharmacological heterogeneity of NMDA receptors: characterization of NR1a/NR2D heteromers expressed in Xenopus oocytesA L Buller
Department of Pharmacology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 6260, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 320:87-94. 1997..NMDA receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes was examined and compared to the pharmacology of NR1a/NR2A, NR1a/NR2B and NR1a/NR2C heteromers...
- Paraneoplastic anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis associated with ovarian teratomaJosep Dalmau
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuro Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Neurol 61:25-36. 2007..To report the autoantigens of a new category of treatment-responsive paraneoplastic encephalitis...
- Virally mediated knock-down of NR2 subunits ipsilateral to the deprived eye blocks ocular dominance plasticityZhiping Cao
Portland VA Medical Center, PO Box 1034 P3ANES, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Brain Res 177:64-77. 2007NMDA receptors (NMDARs) are important in developmental plasticity in the visual cortex. The NR2A and NR2B subunits of this receptor develop with different time courses, suggesting that they play different roles in plasticity...
- EphrinB2 induces tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2B via Src-family kinases during inflammatory hyperalgesiaS Slack
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, Hodgkin Building, Wolfson Wing, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Neuroscience 156:175-83. 2008..In particular, EphB receptor activation would induce phosphorylation of the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor by a Src family non-receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Developmental changes in localization of NMDA receptor subunits in primary cultures of cortical neuronsJ H Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Eur J Neurosci 10:1704-15. 1998..using antibodies against distinct N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor subunits, illustrated that the NR2A and NR2B subunit proteins have developmental profiles in cultured cortical neurons similar to those seen in vivo...
- Effects of an anabolic-androgenic steroid on the regulation of the NMDA receptor NR1, NR2A and NR2B subunit mRNAs in brain regions of the male ratP Le Greves
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University
Neurosci Lett 226:61-4. 1997The expression of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunits NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNAs was examined in discrete areas of the male rat brain (including hippocampus, hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens and cortex) following 14 days daily ..
- Odorant deprivation reversibly modulates transsynaptic changes in the NR2B-mediated CREB pathway in mouse piriform cortexHyun H Kim
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 26:9548-59. 2006..Permanent zinc sulfate lesion of the olfactory epithelium resulted in a selective loss of the NMDA receptor NR2B protein and mRNA expression in pyramidal cells in layer IIb of PC after 2-7 d...
- The effects of NR2 subunit-dependent NMDA receptor kinetics on synaptic transmission and CaMKII activationDavid M Santucci
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 4:e1000208. 2008..Subtypes of the NMDA receptor NR2 subunit are differentially expressed during development; in the forebrain, the NR2B receptor is dominant early in development, and later both NR2A and NR2B are expressed...
- The phencyclidine-like discriminative stimulus effects and reinforcing properties of the NR2B-selective N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist CP-101 606 in rats and rhesus monkeysKatherine L Nicholson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0613, USA
Behav Pharmacol 18:731-43. 2007..that this problem might be mitigated by targeting NMDA receptors subtypes, in particular, those containing the NR2B subunit...
- Roles of NR2A and NR2B in the development of dendritic arbor morphology in vivoRebecca C Ewald
Watson School of Biological Sciences and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
J Neurosci 28:850-61. 2008NMDA receptors (NMDARs) are important for neuronal development and circuit formation. The NMDAR subunits NR2A and NR2B are biophysically distinct and differentially expressed during development but their individual contribution to ..
- Evaluation of NR2B peptide as subunit vaccines against experimental neuropathic painGong Ming Wang
Department of Anaesthesiology, Tongji Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:643-7. 2007b>NR2B containing N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor plays an important role in the facilitation and maintenance of neuropathic pain...
- Sustained saturating level of glycine induces changes in NR2B-containing-NMDA receptor localization in the CA1 region of the hippocampusYukio Imamura
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Neurochem 105:2454-65. 2008..We also found that the effect of ifenprodil, a highly selective NR2B-containing-NMDAR antagonist, is significantly reduced at CA1 synapses in GlyT1+/- compared to WT mice while ..
- Altered expression of KIF17, a kinesin motor protein associated with NR2B trafficking, may mediate learning deficits in a Down syndrome mouse modelRobin Roberson
Unit on Perinatal and Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20895, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:313.e1-4. 2008..N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2B subunit enhances synaptic plasticity...
- Effect of 5-azacytidine on the methylation aspects of NMDA receptor NR2B gene in the cultured cortical neurons of miceC R Marutha Ravindran
Department of Biology, The University of Texas at San Antonio, One University Circle, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Neurochem Res 34:342-50. 2009..cultured cortical neurons of mice causes demethylation of cytosine residues in the CpG island of the NMDA receptor NR2B gene (Marutha Ravindran and Ticku, Mol Brain Res 121:19-27, 2004)...
- Rapid contact call-driven induction of NR2A and NR2B NMDA subunit mRNAs in the auditory thalamus of the budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus)Steven E Brauth
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 88:33-9. 2007..was used to assess the effect of auditory stimulation with natural contact calls on expression of NR2A and NR2B NMDA subunit mRNAs in neurons of the thalamic auditory relay nucleus ovoidalis (Ov) of a vocal learning parrot ..
- The expression of NMDA receptor subunit mRNA in human chronic alcoholicsJustin P Ridge
SMMS, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1139:10-9. 2008..We used real-time RT-PCR normalized to GAPDH to assay NR1, NR2A, and NR2B subunit mRNA in superior frontal and primary motor cortex tissue obtained at autopsy from chronic alcoholics with ..
- [Effect of behavioral training on learning and memory capacity and changes of hippocampal NR2B and GluR1 expressions in FGR offspring rats]Pu Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University Coolege of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:708-11. 2010To study the effect of behavioral training on the learning and memory abilities and changes of NR2B and GluR1 expressions in the hippocampus of offspring rats with fetal growth retardation (FGR).
- Isoflurane/nitrous oxide anesthesia induces increases in NMDA receptor subunit NR2B protein expression in the aged rat brainLana J Mawhinney
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Brain Res 1431:23-34. 2012..5mg/kg dose) was administered by I.P. injection before anesthesia to 18-month-old rats. Immunoblotting of NR2B was performed on hippocampal protein lysates...
- Effects of electroconvulsive therapy and propofol on spatial memory and glutamatergic system in hippocampus of depressed ratsJun Dong
Department of Anesthesiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
J ECT 26:126-30. 2010..This animal study tested the spatial learning memory of "depressed" rats undergoing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) or ECT combined with propofol and aimed to reveal the glutamatergic mechanisms in the hippocampus...
- Src inhibition reduces NR2B surface expression and synaptic plasticity in the amygdalaLaleh Sinai
Mount Sinai Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Learn Mem 17:364-71. 2010..a central role in the regulation of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) activity by regulating NMDAR subunit 2B (NR2B) surface expression...
- Glutamatergic gene variants impact the clinical profile of efficacy and side effects of haloperidolIna Giegling
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:206-16. 2011..The glutamatergic system may be relevant to the pathophysiology of psychosis and to the effects of antipsychotic treatments...
- Casein kinase 2 regulates the NR2 subunit composition of synaptic NMDA receptorsAntonio Sanz-Clemente
Receptor Biology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuron 67:984-96. 2010..Casein kinase 2 (CK2) phosphorylates the NR2B subunit within its PDZ-binding domain; however, the consequences for NMDAR localization and function are unclear...
- EphrinB2 induces pelvic-urethra reflex potentiation via Src kinase-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2BHsi Chin Wu
Department of Urology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F403-11. 2011..To test whether Src-family tyrosine kinase-dependent glutamatergic N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor NR2B subunit phosphorylation underlies lumbosacral spinal EphBR activation to mediate pelvic-urethra reflex potentiation,..
- Ethanol-mediated long-lasting adaptations of the NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in the dorsomedial striatumJun Wang
Ernest Gallo Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, Emeryville, CA, USA
Channels (Austin) 5:205-9. 2011We recently found that ethanol-induced long-term facilitation (LTF) of NMDAR activity is mediated by NR2B-NMDARs and is observed in the dorsomedial striatum (DMS) but not in the dorsolateral striatum (DLS)...
- Effect of the selective NMDA NR2B antagonist, ifenprodil, on acute tolerance to ethanol-induced motor impairment in adolescent and adult ratsRuby Liane Ramirez
Department of Psychology, Center for Development and Behavioral Neuroscience, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:1149-59. 2011..This study explored the role of NMDA NR2B receptors in the development of acute tolerance to ethanol-induced motor impairment in male adolescent [postnatal ..
- Neuronal NR2B-containing NMDA receptor mediates spinal astrocytic c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in a rat model of neuropathic painWei Wang
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, K K Leung Brain Research Centre, The Fourth Military Medical University, No 169 West Changle Road, Xi an 710032, China
Brain Behav Immun 25:1355-66. 2011..MK-801, a noncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist, or Ro25-6981 and ifenprodil, which are selective antagonists of NR2B-containing NMDAR each significantly reduced nerve injury-induced JNK activation...
- Hippocampal N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit expression profiles in a mouse model of prenatal alcohol exposureSabrina L Samudio-Ruiz
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:342-53. 2010....
- NMDA receptors are involved in upstream of the spinal JNK activation in morphine antinociceptive toleranceRui Xian Guo
Department of Physiology, Zhongshan Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, 74, Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Neurosci Lett 467:95-9. 2009..The present study investigated the link between the spinal NMDA receptor NR2B subunit and the JNK activation during morphine antinociceptive tolerance in rats...
- Reduced levels of NR2A and NR2B subunits of NMDA receptor and PSD-95 in the prefrontal cortex in major depressionAnteneh M Feyissa
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:70-5. 2009..In this study, we examined the expression of NMDA receptor subunits NR1, NR2A, and NR2B as well as PSD-95 in the anterior prefrontal cortex (PFC) using Western blot method...
- NR2B-selective conantokin peptide inhibitors of the NMDA receptor display enhanced antinociceptive properties compared to non-selective conantokinsCai Xiao
Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100071, China
Neuropeptides 42:601-9. 2008b>NR2B-selective inhibitors show lower side-effects in preclinical pain models than non-selective NMDA receptor (NMDAR) antagonists, but it is unclear whether the improved safety of NR2B-selective inhibitors is due to their subtype ..
- Differentiated P19 cells express N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 1 mRNA binding trans-acting proteins and four N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 1 splice variants comparable to those in cultured fetal cortical neuronsAntje Anji
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:1591-601. 2009..Total RNA and protein extracts from differentiated P19 cells were utilized to examine NR1 and NR2B expression...
- Ifenprodil induced antinociception and decreased the expression of NR2B subunits in the dorsal horn after chronic dorsal root ganglia compression in ratsWei Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Drum Tower Hospital, Medical Department of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210008, Jiangsu Province, China
Anesth Analg 108:1015-20. 2009..Ifenprodil is an antagonist selective for N-methyl D-aspartate receptor 2B (NR2B) subunits. Several researches have reported effective analgesia of ifenprodil in animal models of neuropathic pain...
- In vivo evidence for NMDA receptor-mediated excitotoxicity in a murine genetic model of Huntington diseaseMary Y Heng
Neuroscience Graduate Program and Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 29:3200-5. 2009..This hypothesis has not been tested rigorously in vivo. NMDAR-NR2B subunits are a major NR2 subunit expressed by striatal medium spiny neurons that degenerate in HD...
- Different expression of NR2B and PSD-95 in rat hippocampal subregions during postnatal developmentLi Rong Chang
Department of Anatomy, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
Microsc Res Tech 72:517-24. 2009..In this study, we used immunofluorescent staining to assess NR2B and PSD-95 expressions and the relationship between them in CA1, CA3, and DG of rat hippocampus on different ..
- Synthesis, structural activity-relationships, and biological evaluation of novel amide-based allosteric binding site antagonists in NR1A/NR2B N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsCara A Mosley
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 17:6463-80. 2009The synthesis and structure-activity relationship analysis of a novel class of amide-based biaryl NR2B-selective NMDA receptor antagonists are presented...
- Selective effects of neonatal handling on rat brain N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsA Stamatakis
Biology Biochemistry Lab, Faculty of Nursing, University of Athens, 11527 Athens, Greece
Neuroscience 164:1457-67. 2009..of two obligatory, channel forming NR1 subunits and two regulatory subunits, usually a combination of NR2A and NR2B. Since the subunit composition of the NMDA receptor affects brain plasticity, in the present study we investigated ..
- Molecular motor KIF17 is fundamental for memory and learning via differential support of synaptic NR2A/2B levelsXiling Yin
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Neuron 70:310-25. 2011..superfamily motor protein 17 (KIF17) is a candidate transporter of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit 2B (NR2B)...
- Lack of association of three GRIN2B polymorphisms with bipolar disorderAleksandra Szczepankiewicz
Laboratory of Psychiatric Genetics, Department of Psychiatry, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:469-73. 2009..In linkage disequilibrium analysis we did not find linkage between the three polymorphisms of GRIN2B gene. The polymorphisms of GRIN2B gene analysed in this study are not likely to be associated with bipolar disorder...
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP(1-38)) enhances N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function and brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression via RACK1Rami Yaka
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110 3518, USA
J Biol Chem 278:9630-8. 2003..We found that RACK1 binds both the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor and the nonreceptor protein-tyrosine kinase, Fyn...
- Subunit-specific gating controls rat NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2B NMDA channel kinetics and synaptic signalling profilesKevin Erreger
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Rollins Research Center, Atlanta, GA 30322 3090, USA
J Physiol 563:345-58. 2005NR2A and NR2B are the predominant NR2 NMDA receptor subunits expressed in cortex and hippocampus...
- Selective NMDA NR2B antagonists induce antinociception without motor dysfunction: correlation with restricted localisation of NR2B subunit in dorsal hornS Boyce
Merck Sharp Laboratory, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, UK
Neuropharmacology 38:611-23. 1999The present study investigated the regional distribution of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor containing the NR2B subunit protein in rat lumbar spinal cord and examined whether selective NR2B antagonists would exhibit ..
- Enhanced tyrosine phosphorylation of the 2B subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in long-term potentiationJ A Rostas
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Newcastle, New South Wales Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:10452-6. 1996..there is an increase in the tyrosine phosphorylation of the 2B subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor (NR2B), as well as several other unidentified proteins...
- NR2B receptors are involved in the mediation of spinal segmental reflex potentials but not in the cumulative motoneuronal depolarization in vitroPál Kocsis
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, POB 27, H 1475 Budapest 10, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 64:133-8. 2004..b>NR2B subunit containing NMDA-type glutamate receptors are implicated in the windup of dorsal horn neurons, while their ..
- No association of alcohol dependence with a NMDA-receptor 2B gene variantG Schumann
Mol Psychiatry 8:11-2. 2003
- MOLECULAR PHARMACOLOGY OF NMDA RECEPTORSKeith Williams; Fiscal Year: 1999..Studies of chimeric NR2 subunits will initially involve NR2A and NR2B but will be expanded to include subunits containing portions of NR2C and NR2D...
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2010..NMDA receptors between D1 and D2 MSNs and will test the hypothesis of the involvement of the triheteromeric NR1/NR2B /NR2D receptors...
- Role of LGI1 in Autosomal Dominant Lateral Temporal Lobe EpilepsyMatthew P Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We examine: 1) presynaptic glutamate release down-regulation and role of Kv1.1 K+ channel activity;2) postsynaptic NR2B NMDA receptor current and synaptic plasticity down-regulation, PSD95-Src complex formation, and the role of Src ..
- Structure and Function of NMDA ReceptorsHiroyasu Furukawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..by the binding of allosteric modulators, including Zn2+, ifenprodil, proton, and polyamines, to the NR1 and NR2B ATDs...
- Mechanism of action of novel subunit-selective NMDA receptor modulatorsStephen F Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since its first description, the NR2B-selective NMDA receptor antagonist ifenprodil and its many analogues have been used in a multitude of studies ..
- The Role of Gliotransmission in Cerebral IschemiaShinghua Ding; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we will determine whether astrocytes stimulate the NR2B- containing NMDAR (NR2B-NMDAR)-mediated neuronal excitation after ischemia...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF BRAIN NMDA RECEPTORSR Suzanne Zukin; Fiscal Year: 2007..extrasynaptic (NR1/NR2B) NMDARs in hippocampal neurons...
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF BRAIN NMDA RECEPTORSR Suzanne Zukin; Fiscal Year: 2009..extrasynaptic (NR1/NR2B) NMDARs in hippocampal neurons...
- Steroids-Functional Modulators of Amino Acid ReceptorsDAVID FARB; Fiscal Year: 2007..NR2A or NR2B confers PS potentiation, whereas NR2C or NR2D confers PS inhibition...
- NEOCORTICAL EPILEPSY DURING DEVELOPMENTJOHN HABLITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will examine if NR2B subunit containing NMDARs in lesioned cortex confer hyperexcitability through the prolongation of excitatory ..
- Role of NMDA receptor subtypes in visual plasticityASHA BHAKAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..NMDARs are a subtype of glutamate receptor and the ratio of synaptic NMDAR subunits, NR2A to NR2B (NR2A/2B ratio) changes in response to visual experience and deprivation...
- Estrogen and hippocampal plasticityLORI LYNN MCMAHON; Fiscal Year: 2010..E2 increases the magnitude of LTP by increasing the density of silent synapses which express NMDARs containing NR2B subunits;AIM 2 will test the hypothesis that E2 mediated effects on spine density and synaptic function are not ..
- Estrogen and hippocampal plasticityLori McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2009..E2 increases the magnitude of LTP by increasing the density of silent synapses which express NMDARs containing NR2B subunits; AIM 2 will test the hypothesis that E2 mediated effects on spine density and synaptic function are not ..
- Remodeling Neuronal Chromatin in Mouse Models for DepressionSchahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2010..This resulted in decreased levels of the NMDA receptor subunit Grin2b (NR2B) in prefrontal cortex and hippocampus...
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2002..The result of this study will reveal how the relative contribution of the NMDA subunit NR1 and NR2B determines the kinetics of NMDA-mediated synaptic currents in developing rat neocortical and cerebellar neurons...
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2009..NMDA receptors bewteen D1 and D2 MSNs and will test the hypothesis of the involvement of the triheteromeric NR1/NR2B /NR2D receptors...
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2010..NMDA receptors between D1 and D2 MSNs and will test the hypothesis of the involvement of the triheteromeric NR1/NR2B /NR2D receptors...
- HMGB1 and Traumatic Brain InjuryKrishnan M Dhandapani; Fiscal Year: 2010..The incorporation of NR2A and NR2B knockout mice will determine whether individual NR2 subunits contribute to HMGB1 release, brain swelling, and ..
- Blood Coagulation Protein - Metal Ion - Lipid InteractionsFrancis Castellino; Fiscal Year: 2009..HEK293 cells and in primary neurons, testing the hypothesis that the downstream neuroprotective effects of NR2B-specific conantokins are achieved by modulation of steps of the the ERK1/2 pathway...
- Blood Coagulation Protein - Metal Ion - Lipid InteractionsFrancis J Castellino; Fiscal Year: 2010..HEK293 cells and in primary neurons, testing the hypothesis that the downstream neuroprotective effects of NR2B-specific conantokins are achieved by modulation of steps of the the ERK1/2 pathway...
- Role of LGI1 in Autosomal Dominant Lateral Temporal Lobe EpilepsyMatthew Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..1 K+ channel activity; 2) postsynaptic NR2B NMDA receptor current and synaptic plasticity down-regulation, PSD95-Src complex formation, and the role of Src ..
- Macrophages, NR2B-containing NMDA Receptors and HIV DementiaHUANGUI HANK XIONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..composed, in large part, of NR2A-containing NMDARs (NR2ARs), promote cell survival, whereas extrasynaptic NMDARs, NR2B-containing NMDARs (NR2BRs), induce cell death...
- Immunity to brain Ma proteins: A remote effect of cancerJosep Dalmau; Fiscal Year: 2007..these patients had antibodies to cell surface antigens (highly enriched in hippocampus), which we identified as the NR2B (and at a lesser degree NR2A) subunits of the NMDA receptor...
- HIV Neural Apoptosis: Mechanisms, Pathways & ProtectionDennis Kolson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Brain regions enriched in NMDAR expressing the NR2A and NR2B subunits, such as the hippocampus, are particularly vulnerable to HIV...
- Mechanisms of nicotine-induced neuroplasticityKatumi Sumikawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study shows that in vivo exposure to nicotine causes the enhancement of NR2B-containing NMDAR-mediated responses via tyrosine phosphorylation, leading to long-lasting long-term potentiation (..
- HIV Neural Apoptosis: Mechanisms, Pathways & ProtectionDENNIS LARRY KOLSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Brain regions enriched in NMDAR expressing the NR2A and NR2B subunits, such as the hippocampus, are particularly vulnerable to HIV...
- HIV Neural Apoptosis: Mechanisms, Pathways & ProtectionDennis Kolson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Brain regions enriched in NMDAR expressing the NR2A and NR2B subunits, such as the hippocampus, are particularly vulnerable to HIV...
- Roles for gliotransmisssion in seizure-related disordersPhilip Haydon; Fiscal Year: 2007..follows status epilepticus, and III: Ca2+-dependent gliotransmission induces neuronal death by the activation of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors...
- Roles for gliotransmisssion in seizure-related disordersPhilip G Haydon; Fiscal Year: 2010..follows status epilepticus, and III: Ca2+-dependent gliotransmission induces neuronal death by the activation of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors...
- Roles for gliotransmisssion in seizure-related disordersPhilip Haydon; Fiscal Year: 2006..follows status epilepticus, and III: Ca2+-dependent gliotransmission induces neuronal death by the activation of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors...
- CONTROL OF GLUTAMATE RECEPTOR ACTIVATIONStephen Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2006..0 (125 nM H+) or 7.4 (50 nM H+) for recombinant NRI/NR2A and NRI/NR2B receptors...