Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOTCH2
Description: notch 2
Alias: AGS2, HJCYS, hN2, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 2, Notch homolog 2
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- The human NOTCH1, 2, and 3 genes are located at chromosome positions 9q34, 1p13-p11, and 19p13.2-p13.1 in regions of neoplasia-associated translocationC Larsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Genomics 24:253-8. 1994..to human metaphase chromosomes, and the results, combined with data from somatic cell hybrid panels, show that the NOTCH2 and 3 genes are located at positions 1p13-p11 and 19p13.2-p13...
- Binding of Delta1, Jagged1, and Jagged2 to Notch2 rapidly induces cleavage, nuclear translocation, and hyperphosphorylation of Notch2K Shimizu
Departments of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 20:6913-22. 2000..In this report, we investigated these issues for Notch2. All of the three DSL proteins bound to endogenous Notch2 on the surface of BaF3 cells, although characteristics ..
- Notch sensitivity of titanium alloy, commercially pure titanium, and stainless steel spinal implantsJ C Dick
Midwest Orthopaedic Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1668-72. 2001..This is a biomechanical study comparing the fatigue life of stainless steel (SS), titanium alloy (TI), and commercially pure titanium (CP) rods that were notched using techniques essential to spine surgery...
- The Tat protein of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) interacts with the EGF-like repeats of the Notch proteins and the EGF precursorNitza Shoham
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Virus Res 98:57-61. 2003..virus (HIV) was shown to interact with a region spanning the EGF-like repeats 1-6 of the mouse Notch1, the human Notch2 and the Drosophila Notch...
- A clinically relevant in vitro model for evaluating the effects of aerosolized vesicantsClaudia Karacsonyi
Department of Pathology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, United States
Toxicol Lett 185:38-44. 2009..of exposure of differentiated human respiratory epithelial cells in air-liquid interface to mechlorethamine (HN2), an HD functional analog...
- Constitutive expression of the AP-1 transcription factors c-jun, junD, junB, and c-fos and the marginal zone B-cell transcription factor Notch2 in splenic marginal zone lymphomaGunhild Trøen
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, University of Oslo, Montebello N 0310, Oslo, Norway
J Mol Diagn 6:297-307. 2004..The AP-1 transcription factors c-jun, junD, junB, and c-fos as well as Notch2 were found to be specifically up-regulated...
- Hairy-related transcription factors inhibit Notch-induced smooth muscle alpha-actin expression by interfering with Notch intracellular domain/CBF-1 complex interaction with the CBF-1-binding siteYuefeng Tang
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, ME 04074, USA
Circ Res 102:661-8. 2008..Using primary human smooth muscle cells, we show that expression of the constitutive active ICD of human Notch1, Notch2, or Notch4 receptors increase SMA levels...
- Notch and MAML-1 complexation do not detectably alter the DNA binding specificity of the transcription factor CSLCristina Del Bianco
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e15034. 2010....
- F3/contactin acts as a functional ligand for Notch during oligodendrocyte maturationQi Dong Hu
Department of Clinical Research, Singapore General Hospital, 169608, Singapore, Singapore
Cell 115:163-75. 2003..This can be blocked by dominant negative Notch1, Notch2, and two Deltex1 mutants lacking the RING-H2 finger motif, but not by dominant-negative RBP-J or Hes1 antisense ..
- Whole-genome sequencing identifies recurrent somatic NOTCH2 mutations in splenic marginal zone lymphomaMark J Kiel
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Exp Med 209:1553-65. 2012..In particular, we identified recurrent somatic gain-of-function mutations in NOTCH2, a gene encoding a protein required for marginal zone B cell development, in 25 of 99 (∼25%) cases of SMZL and ..
- Intracellular cleavage of Notch leads to a heterodimeric receptor on the plasma membraneC M Blaumueller
Department of Cell Biology and Biology, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06536 0812, USA
Cell 90:281-91. 1997..We provide evidence that these fragments are tethered together on the plasma membrane by a link that is sensitive to reducing conditions, forming a heterodimeric receptor...
- Notch signaling: cell fate control and signal integration in developmentS Artavanis-Tsakonas
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Science 284:770-6. 1999..Notch activity affects the implementation of differentiation, proliferation, and apoptotic programs, providing a general developmental tool to influence organ formation and morphogenesis...
- MAML1, a human homologue of Drosophila mastermind, is a transcriptional co-activator for NOTCH receptorsL Wu
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Departments of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 26:484-9. 2000..These studies provide a molecular mechanism to explain the genetic links between mastermind and Notch in Drosophila and indicate that MAML1 functions as a transcriptional co-activator for NOTCH signalling...
- Notch signaling induces cell cycle arrest in small cell lung cancer cellsV Sriuranpong
Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 61:3200-5. 2001..Recombinant adenoviruses were used to overexpress active forms of Notch1, Notch2, or the Notch effector protein human hairy enhancer of split-1 (HES1) in DMS53 and NCI-H209 SCLC cells...
- Phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta down-regulates Notch activity, a link for Notch and Wnt pathwaysLluis Espinosa
Centre Oncologia Molecular, Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:32227-35. 2003..In this study, we show that GSK-3 beta is able to bind and phosphorylate Notch2 in vitro and in vivo...
- Jagged1-induced Notch signaling drives proliferation of multiple myeloma cellsFranziska Jundt
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Blood 103:3511-5. 2004..Functional data indicate that ligand-induced Notch signaling is a growth factor for MM cells and suggest that these interactions contribute to myelomagenesis in vivo...
- The possible correlation of Notch-1 and Notch-2 with clinical outcome and tumour clinicopathological parameters in human breast cancerC Parr
Metastasis Research Group, University Department of Surgery, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff CF4 4XN, UK
Int J Mol Med 14:779-86. 2004..These results support the notion that suppression of Notch-1 activity may represent a novel therapeutic strategy...
- Structural basis for autoinhibition of NotchWendy R Gordon
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 77 Ave Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:295-300. 2007..We present here the X-ray structure of the human NOTCH2 NRR, which adopts an autoinhibited conformation...
- Loss of NOTCH2 positively predicts survival in subgroups of human glial brain tumorsJean Louis Boulay
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Department of Research, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 2:e576. 2007..We found that loss of 1p centromeric marker D1S2696 within NOTCH2 intron 12 was associated with favorable prognosis in OD (P = 0.0007) as well as in GBM (P = 0...
- Notch2 signaling induces apoptosis and inhibits human MDA-MB-231 xenograft growthChristine F O'Neill
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, 81 Research Dr, Scarborough, ME 04076, USA
Am J Pathol 171:1023-36. 2007Notch functions as an oncogene or tumor inhibitor in various cancers, and decreases in Notch2 expression are associated with increasing grade of human breast cancer...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data and large-scale replication identifies additional susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 40:638-45. 2008..2 x 10(-10)), TSPAN8-LGR5 (P = 1.1 x 10(-9)), THADA (P = 1.1 x 10(-9)), ADAMTS9 (P = 1.2 x 10(-8)) and NOTCH2 (P = 4.1 x 10(-8)) gene regions...
- NOTCH2 mutations in marginal zone lymphomaGunhild Trøen
Haematologica 93:1107-9. 2008
- Association testing of novel type 2 diabetes risk alleles in the JAZF1, CDC123/CAMK1D, TSPAN8, THADA, ADAMTS9, and NOTCH2 loci with insulin release, insulin sensitivity, and obesity in a population-based sample of 4,516 glucose-tolerant middle-aged DanesNiels Grarup
Steno Diabetes Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 57:2534-40. 2008..variants in the JAZF1 (rs864745), CDC123/CAMK1D (rs12779790), TSPAN8 (rs7961581), THADA (rs7578597), ADAMTS9 (rs4607103), and NOTCH2 (rs10923931) loci, which were recently identified by meta-analysis of genome-wide association data.
- Assessing the combined impact of 18 common genetic variants of modest effect sizes on type 2 diabetes riskHana Lango
Genetics of Complex Traits, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 57:3129-35. 2008..Here, we assess the ability of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes variants to differentiate between type 2 diabetic case and control subjects...
- Novel meta-analysis-derived type 2 diabetes risk loci do not determine prediabetic phenotypesHarald Staiger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology, and Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3019. 2008..e., obesity, impaired insulin secretion, and insulin resistance...
- Genotype score in addition to common risk factors for prediction of type 2 diabetesJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2208-19. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that knowledge of these loci allows better prediction of risk than knowledge of common phenotypic risk factors alone...
- Clinical risk factors, DNA variants, and the development of type 2 diabetesValeriya Lyssenko
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
N Engl J Med 359:2220-32. 2008..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is thought to develop from an interaction between environmental and genetic factors. We examined whether clinical or genetic factors or both could predict progression to diabetes in two prospective cohorts...
- Risk prediction of prevalent diabetes in a Swiss population using a weighted genetic score--the CoLaus StudyX Lin
Discovery Analytics, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
Diabetologia 52:600-8. 2009....
- Tenascin-C is a novel RBPJkappa-induced target gene for Notch signaling in gliomasBalasubramanian Sivasankaran
Department of Research, Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 69:458-65. 2009..In these malignant gliomas as well as in GBM cell lines, we found Notch2 protein to be strongly expressed...
- A multistage genome-wide association study in breast cancer identifies two new risk alleles at 1p11.2 and 14q24.1 (RAD51L1)Gilles Thomas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 41:579-84. 2009..10(-10) adjusted genotype test, 2 degrees of freedom) resides in a large linkage disequilibrium block neighboring NOTCH2 and FCGR1B; this signal was stronger for estrogen-receptor-positive tumors. A second SNP on chromosome 14q24...
- Gain-of-function mutations and copy number increases of Notch2 in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaSuk young Lee
Department of Cell Therapy and Transplantation Medicine, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:920-6. 2009..b>Notch2, another member of the Notch gene family, is preferentially expressed in mature B cells and is essential for ..
- Association of 18 confirmed susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes with indices of insulin release, proinsulin conversion, and insulin sensitivity in 5,327 nondiabetic Finnish menAlena Stancakova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes 58:2129-36. 2009..We investigated the effects of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes risk single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, and conversion of proinsulin to insulin...
- Truncating mutations in the last exon of NOTCH2 cause a rare skeletal disorder with osteoporosisBertrand Isidor
CHU Nantes, Service de Genetique Medicale, Nantes, France
Nat Genet 43:306-8. 2011..of six unrelated individuals with this syndrome and identified heterozygous nonsense and frameshift mutations in NOTCH2 in five of them...
- Expression patterns of Notch receptors and their ligands Jagged and Delta in human placentaF Herr
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Placenta 32:554-63. 2011..The receptors Notch2, -3, -4 and their ligands Jagged1, -2 and Delta1, -4 were detected at both the mRNA and protein level in early and ..
- Loss-of-function mutations in Notch receptors in cutaneous and lung squamous cell carcinomaNicholas J Wang
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:17761-6. 2011..We identified NOTCH1 or NOTCH2 mutations in ~75% of cutaneous SCCs and in a lesser fraction of lung SCCs, defining a spectrum for the most ..
- Profiling immunohistochemical expression of NOTCH1-3, JAGGED1, cMET, and phospho-MAPK in 100 carcinomas of unknown primaryDimitrios Krikelis
Department of Medical Oncology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:603-14. 2012..001). Our study points to the MAPK and cMET axes as crucial in defining cancer progression and outcome in CUP patients and, if validated, could justify attempts at their therapeutic modulation...
- The coding genome of splenic marginal zone lymphoma: activation of NOTCH2 and other pathways regulating marginal zone developmentDavide Rossi
Division of Hematology and 9 Laboratory of Medical Informatics, Department of Translational Medicine, Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont, 28100 Novara, Italy
J Exp Med 209:1537-51. 2012..Mutations in NOTCH2, a gene required for marginal-zone (MZ) B cell development, represent the most frequent lesion in SMZL, accounting ..
- The different role of Notch1 and Notch2 in astrocytic gliomasPeng Xu
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e53654. 2013..However, in our previous study, we found that Notch1 was overexpressed while Notch2 downregulated in the majority of astrocytic gliomas with different grades as well as in glioblastoma cell lines ..
- Notch2 controls prolactin and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 expression in decidualizing human stromal cells of early pregnancyGerlinde R Otti
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Maternal Medicine, Reproductive Biology Unit, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 9:e112723. 2014..Immunofluorescence of first trimester decidual tissues revealed expression of Notch2 receptor and its putative, membrane-anchored interaction partners Jagged1, Delta-like (DLL) 1 and DLL4 in stromal ..
- Paralogy mapping: identification of a region in the human MHC triplicated onto human chromosomes 1 and 9 allows the prediction and isolation of novel PBX and NOTCH lociN Katsanis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Imperial College of Medicine at St Mary s, London, W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Genomics 35:101-8. 1996....
- Notch is expressed in adult brain, is coexpressed with presenilin-1, and is altered in Alzheimer diseaseO Berezovska
Alzheimer Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 57:738-45. 1998..We found that Notch1, Notch2, and a Notch ligand, Jagged1, are expressed in adult brain in mouse and in human, with strongest expression in the ..
- Associations between Notch-2, Akt-1 and HER2/neu expression in invasive human breast cancer: a tissue microarray immunophenotypic analysis on 98 patientsAda Maria Florena
Dipartimento di Patologia Umana, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Palermo, Italia
Pathobiology 74:317-22. 2007..We aimed to investigate the existence of associations between well-established and newly recognized biological and phenotypic features of breast cancer involved in tumor progression and prognosis...
- Mutational analysis of NOTCH1, 2, 3 and 4 genes in common solid cancers and acute leukemiasSung Hak Lee
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
APMIS 115:1357-63. 2007NOTCH proteins (NOTCH1, NOTCH2, NOTCH3 and NOTCH4) play crucial roles in embryonic development. Also, mounting evidence indicates that NOTCH contributes to the pathogenesis of hematopoietic and solid malignancies...
- NOTCH2 is neither rearranged nor mutated in t(1;19) positive oligodendrogliomasMagdalena Benetkiewicz
INSERM, Unité 830, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4107. 2009..Recent studies of 1p/19q co-deleted OD suggest that the NOTCH2 gene is implicated in oligodendrocyte differentiation and may be involved in this rearrangement...
- Testing the association of novel meta-analysis-derived diabetes risk genes with type II diabetes and related metabolic traits in Asian Indian SikhsDharambir K Sanghera
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Hum Genet 54:162-8. 2009A recent meta-analysis on three genome-wide association (GWA) scans identified six loci (NOTCH2, THADA, ADAMTS9, JAZF1, CDC123/CAMKID and TSPAN8/LGRS) highly associated with type II diabetes (T2D) in Caucasians...
- Mutations in NOTCH2 cause Hajdu-Cheney syndrome, a disorder of severe and progressive bone lossMichael A Simpson
Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Nat Genet 43:303-5. 2011We used an exome-sequencing strategy and identified an allelic series of NOTCH2 mutations in Hajdu-Cheney syndrome, an autosomal dominant multisystem disorder characterized by severe and progressive bone loss...
- Notch2 and immune functionMamiko Sakata-Yanagimoto
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 360:151-61. 2012b>Notch2 is expressed in many cell types of most lineages in the hematolymphoid compartment and has specific roles in differentiation and function of various immune cells...
- Netrin-1-induced activation of Notch signaling mediates glioblastoma cell invasionIrene Ylivinkka
Department of Pathology, The Haartman Institute, Translational Cancer Biology Research Program and Helsinki University Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Sci 126:2459-69. 2013..purification and mass spectrometry protein identification we found that netrin-1 forms a complex with both Notch2 and Jagged1...
- G2 delay induced by nitrogen mustard in human cells affects cyclin A/cdk2 and cyclin B1/cdc2-kinase complexes differentlyP M O'Connor
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 268:8298-308. 1993..temporal regulation of cyclin A- and B1-dependent kinases in human lymphoma cells treated with nitrogen mustard (HN2) and pentoxifylline, to determine whether the activity of these complexes correlated with cell cycle arrest induced ..
- Differential inhibition of the DNA binding of transcription factors NF kappa B and OTF-1 by nitrogen mustard and quinacrine mustard: transcriptional implicationsS Fabbri
Laboratory of Cancer Chemotherapy, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Carcinogenesis 14:1963-7. 1993Nitrogen mustard (HN2) and quinacrine mustard (QM) both inhibited the binding of NF kappa B to the GC-rich consensus sequence in the HIV long terminal repeat (LTR), as assessed by gel-shift assays...
- Overexpression of GSTA2 protects against cell cycle arrest and apoptosis induced by the DNA inter-strand crosslinking nitrogen mustard, mechlorethamineJingping Xie
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5310, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:339-51. 2005..were characterized in human hematopoietic cells occurring in response to the nitrogen mustard, mechlorethamine (HN2), but not in response to monofunctional analogs...
- Efficient protection of human bronchial epithelial cells against sulfur and nitrogen mustard cytotoxicity using drug combinationsS Rappeneau
Laboratoire de Cytophysiologie et Toxicologie Cellulaire, université Paris VII Denis Diderot, Tour 53 54, E3 case 7073, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Toxicol Sci 58:153-60. 2000..study was to test the efficacy of several candidate molecules against sulfur mustard (SM) and nitrogen mustard (HN2) using a human bronchial-epithelial cell line (16HBE14o-)...
- Delta-notch signaling in odontogenesis: correlation with cytodifferentiation and evidence for feedback regulationT A Mitsiadis
Faculté d Odontologie, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille Cedex 20, 13916, France
Dev Biol 204:420-31. 1998..The expression pattern of Delta1 in ameloblasts and odontoblasts is complementary to Notch1, Notch2, and Notch3 expression in adjacent epithelial and mesenchymal cells...
- Mutation in ankyrin repeats of the mouse Notch2 gene induces early embryonic lethalityY Hamada
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
Development 126:3415-24. 1999..Using gene targeting procedures, we disrupted the mouse Notch2 gene by replacing all but one of the ankyrin repeat sequences in the cytoplasmic domain with the E...
- The role of notch signaling in the development of intrahepatic bile ductsYuzo Kodama
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Gastroenterology 127:1775-86. 2004..The mechanism underlying the contribution of the Notch signaling pathway to IHBD formation, however, remains unknown. Here we investigated the role of Notch signaling in IHBD development...
- Chemosensitivity of primary human fibroblasts with defective unhooking of DNA interstrand cross-linksPeter H Clingen
Cancer Research UK Drug DNA Interactions Research Group, Department of Oncology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 91 Riding House Street, London, W1W 7BS, UK
Exp Cell Res 313:753-60. 2007..In clonogenic survival assays, primary fibroblasts from XP-F patients were moderately sensitive to both UVC and HN2 compared to normal cells (2- to 3-fold and 3- to 5-fold, respectively)...
- Ebselen protects brain, skin, lung and blood cells from mechlorethamine toxicityDiane Hardej
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St John s University, Queens, NY 11439, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 23:209-21. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the in vitro toxicity of the nitrogen mustard mechlorethamine (HN2) in four cell models: CEM-SS human T cells, A431 human skin epithelial cells, rat hippocampal astrocytes and rat ..
- Notch-associated gene expression in embryonic and adult taste papillae and taste buds suggests a role in taste cell lineage decisionsYuji Seta
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology and the Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Comp Neurol 464:49-61. 2003..All of the genes examined (except Notch2) are also expressed in subsets of cells within circumvallate taste buds in adult mice, although Notch1 is ..
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 vpr gene induces phenotypic effects similar to those of the DNA alkylating agent, nitrogen mustardB Poon
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 71:3961-71. 1997..We previously reported that Vpr mimicked some of the effects of a DNA alkylating agent known as nitrogen mustard (HN2)...
- Characterization and developmental expression of the amphioxus homolog of Notch (AmphiNotch): evolutionary conservation of multiple expression domains in amphioxus and vertebratesL Z Holland
Marine Biology Research Division, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0202, USA
Dev Biol 232:493-507. 2001..AmphiNotch, like Drosophila Notch and vertebrate Notch1 and Notch2, has 36 EGF repeats, 3 Notch/lin-12 repeats, a transmembrane region, and 6 ankyrin repeats...
- PSO4: a novel gene involved in error-prone repair in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ A Henriques
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Departamento de Fisiologia, Farmacologia e Bioquímica, RS, Brasil
Mutat Res 218:111-24. 1989..Regarding inactivation, the pso4-1 mutant is also sensitive to mono- (HN1) or bi-functional (HN2) nitrogen mustards, it is slightly sensitive to 254 nm UV radiation (UV), and shows nearly normal sensitivity to 3-..
- Notch signaling regulates formation of the three-dimensional architecture of intrahepatic bile ducts in miceErin E Sparks
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Hepatology 51:1391-400. 2010..Although Notch2 has a dominant role in IHBD formation, there is also a redundant role for other Notch receptors in determining the ..
- Cloning, characterization and expression of the extracellular lipase gene from Aureobasidium pullulans HN2-3 isolated from sea salternZhiqiang Liu
UNESCO Chinese Center of Marine Biotechnology, Ocean University of China, Yushan Road, No 5, Qingdao, China
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 94:245-55. 2008The extracellular lipase structural gene was isolated from cDNA of Aureobasidium pullulans HN2-3 by using SMART(TM) RACE cDNA amplification kit. The gene had an open reading frame of 1245 bp long encoding a lipase...
- DNA polymerase II (polB) is involved in a new DNA repair pathway for DNA interstrand cross-links in Escherichia coliM Berardini
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Bacteriol 181:2878-82. 1999..A plasmid with a single nitrogen mustard (HN2) interstrand cross-link (inter-HN2-pTZSV28) was constructed and transformed into Escherichia coli, and its ..
- [Phyllanthus urinaria extract promotes N-cadherin expression in nitrogen mustard-disrupted testicular tissues in vivo]De ying Zhang
Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:396-400. 2008To explore the protective effect of the Phyllanthus Urinaria (PU) extract on the N-cadherin expression in the testicular tissues disrupted by nitrogen mustard (HN2) in vivo.
- Reduction of vesicant toxicity by butylated hydroxyanisole in A-431 skin cellsMaria A Pino
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St John s University, Jamaica, New York, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 27:161-72. 2008Mechlorethamine (HN2) and 2-chloroethylethyl sulfide (CEES) are mustard vesicants. Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) is a phenolic antioxidant...
- DNA repair modulates the vulnerability of the developing brain to alkylating agentsG E Kisby
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, United States
DNA Repair (Amst) 8:400-12. 2009..sulfate (DMS) and the mono- and bifunctional alkylating agents chloroethylamine (CEA) and nitrogen mustard (HN2), in granule cell neurons derived from the cerebellum of neonatal wild type mice and three transgenic DNA repair ..
- Developmental restriction of Mash-2 expression in trophoblast correlates with potential activation of the notch-2 pathwayH Nakayama
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Genet 21:21-30. 1997..These data suggest that Notch signaling through activation of HES transcriptional repressors may play a role in murine placental development...
- Protection from cytotoxic effects induced by the nitrogen mustard mechlorethamine on human bronchial epithelial cells in vitroS Rappeneau
Laboratoire de Cytophysiologie et Toxicologie Cellulaire, université Paris VII Denis Diderot, France
Toxicol Sci 54:212-21. 2000The present study was undertaken to find potent molecules against the toxicity of nitrogen mustard mechlorethamine (HN2) on respiratory epithelial cells, using a human bronchial epithelial cell line (16HBE14o-) as an in vitro model...
- A mouse model of Alagille syndrome: Notch2 as a genetic modifier of Jag1 haploinsufficiencyBrent McCright
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Development 129:1075-82. 2002..1999) HUM: Mol. Genet. 8, 723-730). Here we report that mice doubly heterozygous for the Jag1 null allele and a Notch2 hypomorphic allele exhibit developmental abnormalities characteristic of Alagille syndrome...
- Glycogene expression in conjunctiva of patients with dry eye: downregulation of Notch signalingFlavio Mantelli
Department of Ophthalmology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2666-72. 2009..This study aimed to identify the repertoire of genes (glycogenes) involved in biosynthesis of glycoconjugates in conjunctiva of normal subjects and patients with dry eye...
- Mitochondrial inside-out signalling during alkylating agent-induced anoikisMatthieu Sourdeval
Laboratoire de Genetique et Biologie Cellulaire, UMR 8159, Universite de Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines, Batiment Buffon, 45 Avenue des Etats Unis, 78035 Versailles Cedex, France
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:1917-31. 2009Exposure of epithelial respiratory cells to the alkylating agent, mechlorethamine (HN2), induces anoikis initiated by mitochondrial depolarization and caspase-2 activation...
- How the NOTCH pathway contributes to the ability of osteosarcoma cells to metastasizeDennis P M Hughes
Children s Cancer Hospital, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Cancer Treat Res 152:479-96. 2009..Better understanding of Notch's role and its regulation will be essential in planning therapies with other agents, especially the use of valproic acid and other HDAC inhibitors...
- Elucidation of correspondence between swine chromosome 4 and human chromosome 1 by assigning 27 genes to the ImpRH map, and development of microsatellites in the proximity of 14 genesH Hiraiwa
New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, Toshima, Tokyo, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 101:84-9. 2003..27 genes, PTGFR, GBP1, GBP2, GFI1, GCLM, ABCD3, EXTL2, KCNA3, ADORA3, KCND3, WNT2B, NRAS, SYCP1, PTGFRN, IGSF2, NOTCH2, S100A10, SHC1, SSR2, LMNA, CCT3, CD5L, PEA15, FCER1G, EAT2, DDR2, and LAMB3, located in the HSA1 region ..
- Alkaline protease gene cloning from the marine yeast Aureobasidium pullulans HN2-3 and the protease surface display on Yarrowia lipolytica for bioactive peptide productionXiumei Ni
UNESCO Chinese Center of Marine Biotechnology, Ocean University of China, Yushan Road, No 5, Qingdao, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 11:81-9. 2009..ALP2 gene) were amplified from complementary DNA (cDNA) and genomic DNA of the marine yeast Aureobasidium pullulans HN2-3, respectively...
- Notch2 signaling promotes biliary epithelial cell fate specification and tubulogenesis during bile duct development in miceJan S Tchorz
Department of Biomedicine, Institute of Physiology, University of Basel, Switzerland
Hepatology 50:871-9. 2009..Alagille syndrome patients, who suffer from bile duct paucity, carry Jagged1 and Notch2 mutations, indicating that Notch2 signaling is important for IHBD development...
- A large-scale screen for mutagen-sensitive loci in DrosophilaAnne Laurencon
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Genetics 167:217-31. 2004..Zuker) for hypersensitivity to methyl methanesulfonate (MMS) and nitrogen mustard (HN2)...
- Recapitulation of elements of embryonic development in adult mouse pancreatic regenerationJan Nygaard Jensen
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, U Colorado, HSC, 4200 E 9th Avenue, B140, Denver, Colorado 80262 USA
Gastroenterology 128:728-41. 2005..To define cell differentiation changes associated with pancreatic regeneration in adult mice, we compared regeneration following caerulein-induced pancreatitis to that of normal pancreatic development...
- Aquatic toxicity of nitrogen mustard to Ceriodaphina dubia, Daphnia magna, and Pimephales promelasCheng Hang Lan
Department of Industrial Safety and Hygiene, Chung Hwa College of Medical Technology, 89 Wen hwai 1st St Jen te hsiang, Tainan, Hsien, Taiwan
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 61:273-9. 2005..In this study, the 48-h LC50 values of nitrogen mustard (HN2) are reported for two aquatic invertebrate species (Daphnia magna and Ceriodaphnia dubia) and for one fish species (..
- Alkalibacillus silvisoli sp. nov., an alkaliphilic moderate halophile isolated from non-saline forest soil in JapanRon Usami
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, and Bio Nano Electronics Research Centre, Toyo University, 2100 Kujirai, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 8585, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:770-4. 2007Two alkaliphilic, moderately halophilic bacteria, designated BM2(T) and HN2, were isolated from non-saline forest soil in Japan. The cells of strain BM2(T) were motile, aerobic, rod-shaped and Gram-positive...
- Ectopic germinal centers are rare in Sjogren's syndrome salivary glands and do not exclude autoreactive B cellsLaetitia Le Pottier
Equipe d Accueil 2216 and Institut Fédératif de Recherche 418, Science et Ingénierie en Biologie Santé, Universite de Brest, Brest, and Universite europeenne de Bretagne, Brest, France
J Immunol 182:3540-7. 2009..Interestingly, both types of B cell aggregates include autoreactive B cells...
- Microarray analysis of oxidative stress regulated genes in mesencephalic dopaminergic neuronal cells: relevance to oxidative damage in Parkinson's diseaseVellareddy Anantharam
Parkinson s Disorder Research Laboratory, Iowa Center for Advanced Neurotoxicology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
Neurochem Int 50:834-47. 2007..mesencephalon-derived N27 cell line, the GABAergic striatum-derived M213-20 cell line, and the hippocampal HN2-5 cell line. N27 cells were more sensitive to H2O2-induced cell death than M213-20 and HN2-5 cells...
- Jagged1 functions downstream of Twist1 in the specification of the coronal suture and the formation of a boundary between osteogenic and non-osteogenic cellsHai Yun Yen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Cancer Hospital, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Dev Biol 347:258-70. 2010..These changes, surprisingly, are associated with increased expression of Notch2 and the Notch effector, Hes1, in the sutural mesenchyme...
- A genetic strategy involving a glycosyltransferase promoter and a lipid translocating enzyme to eliminate cancer cellsKelly Levano
CUNY Doctoral Program in Biochemistry, City University of New York at the College of Staten Island, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Glycoconj J 26:739-48. 2009..that the P-type ATPase Atp8a1 is the plasma membrane APLT of the tumorigenic N18 cells, but not the non-tumorigenic HN2 (hippocampal neuron x N18) cells...
- Notch ligands expressed by follicular dendritic cells protect germinal center B cells from apoptosisSun Ok Yoon
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
J Immunol 183:352-8. 2009..dendritic cells (FDC) but not by B cells in the GC, while GC-B cells express the Notch receptors, Notch1 and Notch2. The blockade of Notch signaling pathways using a gamma-secretase inhibitor, DAPT (N-[N-(3,5-difluorophenacetyl-l-..
- The PSO4 gene is responsible for an error-prone recombinational DNA repair pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeH H de Andrade
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Departamento de Genetica, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Mol Gen Genet 217:419-26. 1989..induced by photoaddition of mono- and bifunctional psoralen derivatives as well as by mono- (HN1) and bifunctional (HN2) nitrogen mustards or 254 nm UV radiation in both stationary and exponential phases of growth...
- Lunatic fringe, FGF, and BMP regulate the Notch pathway during epithelial morphogenesis of teethTuija Mustonen
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Dev Biol 248:281-93. 2002..The Lunatic fringe expression domains overlapped only partly with the expression of Notch1 and Notch2, which were coexpressed with Hes1...
- Molecular characterization of two distinct begomoviruses from Papaya in ChinaXiangyang Wang
Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
Virus Genes 29:303-9. 2004..showed that the DNA-A of G2 and GD2 were most closely related to that of Ageratum yellow vein China virus- [Hn2] and Ageratum yellow vein virus , respectively, with 83.4 and 75...
- Isolation, sequencing, and functional analysis of the TATA-less murine ATPase II promoter and structural analysis of the ATPase II geneTomasz Sobocki
Department of Chemistry and the CSI IBR Center for Developmental Neuroscience, City University of New York at the College of Staten Island, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:61-75. 2007..In the neuronal HN2, N18, SN48 cells and the NIH3T3 fibroblast cells, but not in the B16F10 melanoma cells, the core promoter (-318/+..
- Notch activation is associated with tetraploidy and enhanced chromosomal instability in meningiomasGilson S Baia
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neoplasia 10:604-12. 2008..Activated Notch1 and Notch2 receptors induced endogenous HES1 expression and were associated with tetraploidy in meningiomas...
- Properties of alkaline protease genetically engineered on cell surface of the yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaXiumei Ni
UNESCO Chinese Center of Marine Biotechnology, Ocean University of China, Yushan Road, No 5, Qingdao, China
Indian J Biochem Biophys 46:294-8. 2009ALP2 gene encoding alkaline protcase cloned from Aureobasidium pullulans HN2-3 was ligated into the surface display plasmid and expressed in the cells of the yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Genetic diversity of Potato virus Y infecting tobacco crops in ChinaY P Tian
Department of Plant Pathology, Shandong Agricultural University, Shandong, People s Republic of China
Phytopathology 101:377-87. 2011..helper component proteinase (HC-pro) and, in this respect, were similar to the PVY(N-Wi), PVY(N:O), and PVY-HN2 isolates characterized from potato in Europe, the United States, and China, respectively; two isolates contained a ..
- Quantitative assessment of neurite outgrowth in human embryonic stem cell-derived hN2 cells using automated high-content image analysisJoshua A Harrill
Systems Biology Branch, Integrated Systems Toxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, United States
Neurotoxicology 31:277-90. 2010..The present study characterizes the molecular phenotype of hN2 human embryonic stem cell (hESC)-derived neural cells and uses automated high-content image analysis to measure ..
- Defects in development of the kidney, heart and eye vasculature in mice homozygous for a hypomorphic Notch2 mutationB McCright
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Development 128:491-502. 2001..To assess the in vivo role of the Notch2 gene, we constructed a targeted mutation, Notch2(del1)...
- Activated Notch2 potentiates CD8 lineage maturation and promotes the selective development of B1 B cellsColleen M Witt
Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8637-50. 2003Although studies have shown that the Notch2 family member is critical for embryonic development, little is known concerning its role in hematopoiesis...
- Expression and clinical significance of Notch receptors in human renal cell carcinomaShiren Sun
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Pathology 41:335-41. 2009..Therefore, in this study, we examined the patterns of expression and clinical significance of Notch receptors in RCC...
- Molecular characterization and detection of recombinant isolates of potato virus Y from ChinaXinxi Hu
Hunan Provincial Engineering Research Center for Potatoes, College of Horticulture and Landscape, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha, Hunan 410128, China
Arch Virol 154:1303-12. 2009..The complete genome of a representative isolate, PVY-HN2, from the second type was subsequently sequenced...
- Ab initio study of alkylation of guanine-cytosine base pair by sulfur and nitrogen mustardsDan Vasilescu
UNSA, ParcValrose 06108 Nice cedex 2, France
J Biomol Struct Dyn 27:465-76. 2010Quantum modeling of the N7(G) alkylation of guanine-cytosine (G-C) base pair by sulfur (HD) and nitrogen mustard (HN2) was performed by using the Density Functional Theory (DFT) BPW91/6-31G++DP procedure...
- Liquiritigenin attenuates the learning and memory deficits in an amyloid protein precursor transgenic mouse model and the underlying mechanismsRui Ting Liu
Key Laboratory of Particle and Radiation Imaging, Ministry of Education, Department of Engineering Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Eur J Pharmacol 669:76-83. 2011..These findings provide evidence for beneficial activity of liquiritigenin in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease and support the continued investigation of Notch signaling pathway as a target for treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Notch signaling mediates TNF-α-induced IL-6 production in cultured fibroblast-like synoviocytes from rheumatoid arthritisZhijun Jiao
Key Laboratory of Medical Immunology and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:350209. 2012..Our data confirm the functional involvement of Notch pathway in the pathophysiology of RA FLSs which may provide a new target for RA therapy...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase has a pivotal role in the maintenance of self-renewal and tumorigenicity in glioma stem-like cellsC H Yoon
Department of Chemistry, Research Institute for Natural Sciences, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Oncogene 31:4655-66. 2012....
- The role of ADAM10 in B cell development and humoral immunityNATALIA SOL CHAIMOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Subsequent studies determined that ADAM10 is required for the proteolytic activation of Notch2 signaling...
- Molecular mechanisms of Bile Duct Proliferation in Mice with Glycosylation DefectMATTHEW JOSEPH RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Alagille syndrome (ALGS) is an autosomal dominant multi-system disorder caused by mutations in either the JAG1 or NOTCH2 genes and characterized by a paucity of bile ducts in the liver with resultant cholestasis...
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying the Distinct Functions of Notch1 and Notch2Matthew R Hass; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project summary: Notchl and Notch2 are redundantly required during mammalian development and stem cell differentiation in different tissues, yet each protein has acquired the ability to perform unique ..
- Ernesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2016..models expressing Notch in the osteocyte environment, and models of conditional inactivation of Notch1 and Notch2 in osteocytes...
- Nadean L Brown; Fiscal Year: 2016..Interestingly, Notch1-/-, Notch2-/- and Jagged1 mutant mice each have prenatal eye phenotypes, but little is known about the roles of these genes ..
- Robert S Haltiwanger; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here we will refine and test our model by examining whether glycosylation of the same regions also affect Notch2, which is essential for development but plays distinct non-redundant roles with Notch1...
- Ulf Klein; Fiscal Year: 2014..that IRF4-deficiency causes aberrant migration and homing of mature B cells, possibly due to hyperactivation of NOTCH2 signaling...
- MECHANISM OF CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE TOXICITYJAMES KEHRER; Fiscal Year: 1999..6) to determine if and how nor-HN2 can enhance the bladder toxicity induced by these conjugates...
- INTERACTION OF AMINOTHIOLS AND ALKYLATING AGENTSFrederick Valeriote; Fiscal Year: 1990..project is to define the cellular and molecular basis for the potentiation of the cytotoxicity of nitrogen mustard (HN2) to leukemia cells observed following aminothiol pretreatment...
- Timothy W King; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our working hypothesis is that activating notch will increase the rate of closure and improve the barrier function of the wounded skin. ..
- Regulation of ATPase II and Clearance of Cancer CellsProbal Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..of ATPase II causes appearance of mixed, voltage-gated calcium channels in a hippocampal neuron-derived cell line, HN2, which normally does not display any calcium current...
- Genetic Modifiers of Liver Disease Severity in Alagille SyndromeNancy Bettina Spinner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutations in Jagged1 (JAG1) are found in 95% of patients and mutations in Notch2 in less than 1%. AGS causes significant morbidity associated with liver, cardiac, renal and vascular malformations...
- Cux-1 and cell cycle regulation in kidney developmentGregory Vanden Heuvel; Fiscal Year: 2009..2. Evaluate the interaction between TLE proteins and Cux-1. 3. Define the relationship between Cux-1 and Notch2 in kidney development in vivo. 4...
- Sonia Caprio; Fiscal Year: 2014..aims are: Aim 1: A) To examine the relationships between a panel of 16 gene variants (TCF7L2, PPARG, FTO, KCNJ11, NOTCH2, WFS1, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, JAZF1, HHEX, CDC123/CAMK1D, WFS1, TSPAN8/LGR5, THADA, ADAMTS9) and measures of ..
- Gian Paolo Dotto; Fiscal Year: 2016..gene, the key effector of Notch signaling, results in cell senescence and assess to what extent the Notch1 and/or Notch2 genes are involved...
- Role of Notch and Kidney DevelopmentRaphael Kopan; Fiscal Year: 2012..The first essential function of Notch is during nephron segmentation. Notch2 signals block distal identities and promote proximal tubule (PT) and podocyte (POD) identities either cell ..
- Robert E Maxson; Fiscal Year: 2014..Moreover, conditional inactivation of Jagged1 in these cells results in synostosis, and to an upregulation of Notch2 and Hes1 in the suture...
- Molecular Biology of Cardiac Valvuloseptal MorphogenesisDAVID GEENAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..signaling pathway in Hey2 mutant animals, as well as the expression of Hey2 in animals lacking Jag1, Notch1, or Notch2. Furthermore we will test for genetic interactions between the Hey2 and Jag, Notch1, or Notch2 mutant alleles...
- Notch function in myocardial development and homeostasisMark Mercola; Fiscal Year: 2010..Notch transcriptional mediator CSL/RBPJ/Su(H) revealed defects that, combined with expression data, indicate that Notch2 activity is essential for ventricular myocardial proliferation and morphogenesis...
- Fanxin Long; Fiscal Year: 2016..Hyperactivation of NOTCH2 has recently been discover to cause Hajdu-Cheney syndrome (HCS) characterized by childhood osteoporosis, ..
- Cell Fate By Notch LigandsIRWIN A BERNSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Since effects of ligands depend upon the particular receptor interactions, we will use Notchl and Notch2 conditional knockout mouse models and RNA interference to determine how interactions of Deltal with different ..
- The Role of Notch Signaling in Tcell FunctionBarbara A Osborne; Fiscal Year: 2010..At least three of these proteins, Notch1, Notch2 and Notch3, are expressed at various times during lymphoid development...
- Molecular Analysis of Alagille SyndromeNANCY SPINNER; Fiscal Year: 2006..What factors modify disease expressivity? Is disease gene variability caused by polymorphisms in JAG1 itself? in Notch2? or in other members of the Notch signaling pathway? 5) Can genetic analysis of mouse mutants reveal genes that ..
- A Model for Olfactory Epithelial Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's DiseaseDavid M Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We demonstrate that the Notch2 receptor plays a key role in maintaining normal glial function in the olfactory epithelium...
- Correlative Genetic Markers in Childhood HepatoblastomaGail Tomlinson; Fiscal Year: 2009..array comparative genomic hybridization (oaCGH) that the translocation breakpoint lies in the vicinity of NOTCH2, a gene involved in liver development and specifically in hepatoblast differentiation...
- NOTCH2 AND B LYMPHOCYTE DEVELOPMENTChristian Kuhr; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific aims are: (1) To direct expression of a constitutively- activated or dominant-negative Notch2 in B lymphocytes during lymphopoiesis in mice, (2) To define the phenotypic alterations cause by manipulations of ..
- INVESTIGATING A ROLE FOR NOTCH SIGNALING IN ANGIOGENESISGERALDINE WEINMASTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..with a role for Notch signaling during vascularization of the CAM, we have detected the expression of Notch1, Notch2, Jagged1 and Delta1 during development of this membrane and we are currently determining the CAM cell types that ..
- Pathogenesis of Notch LeukemiaJon Aster; Fiscal Year: 2007..cell lines, suggesting a role for Notch1 in leukemia cell growth and survival; and 3), constitutively active Notch2 and Notch3 also cause T-ALL in our murine model, whereas Notch4 does not...
- Conf. on Research Education & Training in OtolaryngologyJennifer Grandis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- P53 Based Vaccine for Small Cell Lung CancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 2. Determine the immune modifying effect of immunization and chemotherapy on p53-specific immunity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MEMBRANE IMMUNOGLOBULIN ASSEMBLY AND FUNCTIONShiv Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2002..Since the majority of human lymphomas develop form activated B-cells, these signaling mechanisms are likely to be of direct relevance for a significant proportion of human cancers. ..
- Molecular identification of a sialyl 9-O-acetyl transferaseShiv Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2008..The gene that codes for an enzyme that controls the strength of the immune response will be studied. This gene may be an important target for the treatment of lupus and other related diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Marginal zone B lymphocytes and blood borne pathogensShiv Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally we will attempt to determine whether antigen-specific MZ B cells, as opposed to follicuar B cells, can readily capture and present blood borne antigens, and thus activate na'fve T cells. ..
- SIGNALING MOLECULES IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging of EGFR Targeting in Head and Neck CancerJennifer Grandis; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF NOTCH SIGNALING IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..A compound heterozygous mouse for mutations in Jag1, encoding a ligand in the Notch pathway, and Notch2, encoding one of the Notch cell surface receptors, exhibits many features seen in patients affected with Alagille ..
- Studies on human peripheral B lymphocytesShiv Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The role of PKK in NFkappa B activationShiv Pillai; Fiscal Year: 2007..PKK represents a novel enzyme that may be critical in pathways that are important in cancer, inflammation, cell survival, and differentiation. ..
- ATRA effect on myeloid cell differentiation in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the proposed clinical trial we will test the hypothesis that ATRA eliminates immature myeloid cells and improves differentiation of DC in cancer patients. If proven this approach can be used to enhance the effects of cancer vaccines. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Conference on immune suppression in cancerDmitry Gabrilovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..tumor escape of immune system control; [unreadable] Review and discuss how our knowledge of new mechanisms of tumor associated immune suppression can be translated into new therapeutics [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stat3 as a Therapeutic Target in Head and Neck CancerJennifer Grandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of the Notch Pathway in Bile Duct DevelopmentKATHLEEN MARY LOOMES; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will assess their response to defined stimuli, and rescue the phenotype by transfecting with activated Notch ..
- Transformation of Epithelial Cell by E6 OncogeneLizi Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research will advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of transformation of cervical cancers, as well as provide insight into the novel MAML family and the Notch signaling pathway. [unreadable] [unreadable]..