Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NKX2-8
Description: NK2 homeobox 8
Alias: NKX2.8, NKX2H, Nkx2-9, NK-2 homolog 8, NK-2 homolog H, NK2 transcription factor related, locus 8, homeobox protein NK-2 homolog H, homeobox protein Nkx-2.8
- Characterizing the developmental pathways TTF-1, NKX2-8, and PAX9 in lung cancerDavid S Hsu
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Department of Medicine, and Institute for Statistics and Decision Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5312-7. 2009..This suggests that the cohort of patients with coactivation of TTF-1 and NKX2-8 pathways appears to be resistant to standard cisplatin therapy, suggesting the need for alternative therapies in this cohort of high-risk patients...
- Cloning of zebrafish nkx6.2 and a comprehensive analysis of the conserved transcriptional response to Hedgehog/Gli signaling in the zebrafish neural tubeBurcu Guner
Biology Department, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003 9297, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 7:596-605. 2007....
- Oncogenic cooperation and coamplification of developmental transcription factor genes in lung cancerJude Kendall
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16663-8. 2007....
- Spatially distinct functions of PAX6 and NKX2.2 during gliogenesis in the ventral spinal cordNicholas Genethliou
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Airport Avenue, No 6, Agios Dometios 2370, Nicosia, Cyprus
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 382:69-73. 2009..These data provide important insights into specific functions of PAX6 and NKX2.2 during glial cell specification that have so far remained largely unexplored...
- A novel nk-2-related transcription factor associated with human fetal liver and hepatocellular carcinomaG A Apergis
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2917-25. 1998..Moreover, the nk-2-related genes are developmental regulators, and nkx-2.8 is the first such factor associated with liver development...
- Regulatory interactions specifying Kolmer-Agduhr interneuronsLixin Yang
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Development 137:2713-22. 2010..Instead, olig2 and gata3 are required for the differentiation of gad67-expressing KA' cells. This suggests that the layout of regulatory networks is crucially dependent on the lineage that differs between KA' and KA' cells...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived hemangioblasts remain epigenetically plastic and require PRC1 to prevent neural gene expressionLuca Mazzarella
Lymphocyte Development Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 117:83-7. 2011..These data reinforce the importance of PRC1 for normal hematopoietic differentiation and reveal an unexpected epigenetic plasticity of mesoderm-committed hemangioblasts...
- The transcription factors Nkx2.2 and Nkx2.9 play a novel role in floor plate development and commissural axon guidanceAndreas Holz
Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Development 137:4249-60. 2010..As both factors affect floor plate development, control of commissural axon trajectories might be the underlying mechanism...
- Both gene amplification and allelic loss occur at 14q13.3 in lung cancerThomas Harris
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:690-9. 2011..Because loss of Nkx2-8 increases lung cancer in the mouse, we studied suppressive mechanisms in human lung cancer...
- Loss of Nkx2.8 deregulates progenitor cells in the large airways and leads to dysplasiaJianmin Tian
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer Res 66:10399-407. 2006..8-/- mice. Increased proliferation and an altered progenitor relationship caused progressive bronchial pathology, which manifested as widespread dysplasia in the large airways of 1-year-old Nkx2.8-/- mice...
- Molecular control of spinal accessory motor neuron/axon development in the mouse spinal cordAllison K Dillon
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 25:10119-30. 2005..Furthermore, in the absence of the transcription factor Nkx2.9, SACMN axons fail to exit the CNS. Together, these findings suggest molecular mechanisms that are likely to regulate key steps in SACMN development...
- Nkx2-9 is a novel homeobox transcription factor which demarcates ventral domains in the developing mouse CNSO Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany
Mech Dev 73:85-93. 1998..The dynamic expression pattern of Nkx2-9 in ventral domains of the CNS is consistent with a possible role in the specification of a distinct subset of neurons...
- tinman-related genes expressed during heart development in XenopusC S Newman
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin 78712, USA
Dev Genet 22:230-8. 1998..Preliminary characterization reveals that Nkx2-9 is expressed in the cardiogenic region of the embryo prior to differentiation, but transcript levels decrease rapidly, in the heart, at about the time that differentiation commences...
- NKX2 gene expression in neuroectoderm but not in mesendodermally derived structures depends on sonic hedgehog in mouse embryosO Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, Spielmannstrasse 7, D 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Dev Genes Evol 210:47-50. 2000..We found that expression of NKX2.1, NKX2.2, and NKX2.9 in neural domains requires Shh signaling, whereas NKX2.3, NKX2.5 and NKX2.6 expression in endoderm and mesoderm is independent of Shh...
- Comparative analysis of the genomic organization of Pax9 and its conserved physical association with Nkx2-9 in the human, mouse, and pufferfish genomesF Santagati
GSF Research Center for Health and Environment, Institute of Mammalian Genetics, Neuherberg, Germany
Mamm Genome 12:232-7. 2001..Our results suggest that transcription of Pax9 may be initiated at two alternative start sites and driven by TATA-less promoters...
- Regulation of alpha-fetoprotein expression by Nkx2.8Yasuo Kajiyama
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6122-30. 2002..8 bound to the active AFP promoter, and antisense inhibition of Nkx2.8 mRNA translation selectively reduced expression of both the endogenous human AFP gene and transfected reporters containing the rat AFP promoter...
- Targeted disruption of the homeobox gene Nkx2.9 reveals a role in development of the spinal accessory nerveOliver Pabst
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Technical University of Braunschweig, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Development 130:1193-202. 2003..Like other Nkx genes expressed in the CNS, Nkx2.9 seems to be involved in converting positional information into cell fate decisions...
- Identification of Cis-regulatory elements in the mouse Pax9/Nkx2-9 genomic region: implication for evolutionary conserved syntenyFabio Santagati
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Developmental Genetics, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Genetics 165:235-42. 2003..We propose such an intersecting organization of cis-regulatory sequences in multigenic regions as a possible mechanism that maintains evolutionary conserved synteny...
- SMYD3 encodes a histone methyltransferase involved in the proliferation of cancer cellsRyuji Hamamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:731-40. 2004..Furthermore, activation of SMYD3 may be a key factor in human carcinogenesis...
- One allele's loss is another's gain: alterations of NKX2-8 in non-small cell lung cancerJoel W Neal
Stanford Cancer Center, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:638-9. 2011..Recent technological advances in genomic profiling have allowed quantitative detection of gene copy numbers, leading to identification of the 14q13.3 gene locus as functionally important in non-small cell lung cancers...
- The role of Nkx genes in hypothalamic & NAc developmentCindy Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..I will analyze Nkx2.1 function in dorsoventral patterning, specification and differentiation of NPY+/GABA+ neurons in the hypothalamus and NAc using cre recombinase-mediated gene inactivation technology in mice. ..
- A mouse model of stem cell deregulation and lung cancerJoseph Locker; Fiscal Year: 2007..8 expression in human lung cancer cells. Expression profiles from these cells will be com- pared to those obtained from mouse bronchial cell fractions, to determine specific relationships between tumor and stem cell regulation. ..
- A mouse model of stem cell deregulation and lung cancerJOSEPH LOCKER LOCKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..8 expression in human lung cancer cells. Expression profiles from these cells will be com- pared to those obtained from mouse bronchial cell fractions, to determine specific relationships between tumor and stem cell regulation. ..