Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NKX2-1
Description: NK2 homeobox 1
Alias: BCH, BHC, NK-2, NKX2.1, NKX2A, T/EBP, TEBP, TITF1, TTF-1, TTF1, NK-2 homolog A, homeobox protein NK-2 homolog A, homeobox protein Nkx-2.1, thyroid nuclear factor 1, thyroid transcription factor 1, thyroid-specific enhancer-binding protein
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- Suppression of lung adenocarcinoma progression by Nkx2-1Monte M Winslow
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 473:101-4. 2011..Cross-species analysis identified the NK2-related homeobox transcription factor Nkx2-1 (also called Ttf-1 or Titf1) as a candidate suppressor of malignant progression...
- Napsin A and thyroid transcription factor-1 expression in carcinomas of the lung, breast, pancreas, colon, kidney, thyroid, and malignant mesotheliomaJustin A Bishop
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Hum Pathol 41:20-5. 2010..The combined use of napsin A and thyroid transcription factor-1 results in improved sensitivity and specificity for identifying pulmonary adenocarcinoma in primary lung tumors and in a metastatic setting...
- Subclassification of non-small cell lung carcinomas lacking morphologic differentiation on biopsy specimens: Utility of an immunohistochemical panel containing TTF-1, napsin A, p63, and CK5/6Sanjay Mukhopadhyay
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:15-25. 2011..Discrepancies in immunohistochemical staining between biopsies and resections are uncommon...
- Thyroid transcription factor in differentiating type II cells: regulation, isoforms, and target genesVenkatadri Kolla
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:213-25. 2007..In addition, knockdown of TTF-1 inhibited 72 of 274 other genes induced by hormones. We conclude that 42-kD TTF-1 is required for induction of a subset of regulated genes during type II cell differentiation...
- Foxp2 inhibits Nkx2.1-mediated transcription of SP-C via interactions with the Nkx2.1 homeodomainBeiyun Zhou
Will Rogers Institute Pulmonary Research Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, 2020 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:750-8. 2008..1 inhibits Nkx2.1 DNA-binding and transcriptional activity and suggest a mechanism for down-regulation of SP-C (and probably other AT2 cell genes) during transition of AT2 cells to an AT1 cell phenotype...
- NKX2-1/TITF1/TTF-1-Induced ROR1 is required to sustain EGFR survival signaling in lung adenocarcinomaTomoya Yamaguchi
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Center for Neurological Diseases and Cancer, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Cancer Cell 21:348-61. 2012We and others previously identified NKX2-1, also known as TITF1 and TTF-1, as a lineage-survival oncogene in lung adenocarcinomas...
- Clinical significance of TTF-1 protein expression and TTF-1 gene amplification in lung adenocarcinomaJustine A Barletta
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:1977-86. 2009..Patients with no TTF-1 expression or TTF-1 expression and TTF-1 gene amplification tend to have a significantly worse prognosis than patients with TTF-1 expression and no TTF-1 gene amplification...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 inhibits transforming growth factor-beta-mediated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in lung adenocarcinoma cellsRoy Akira Saito
Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 69:2783-91. 2009....
- A targeted NKX2.1 human embryonic stem cell reporter line enables identification of human basal forebrain derivativesAdam L Goulburn
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Stem Cells 29:462-73. 2011..These studies highlight the diversity of cell types that can be generated from human NKX2.1(+) progenitors and demonstrate the utility of NKX2.1(GFP/w) hESCs for investigating human forebrain development and neuronal differentiation...
- Airway epithelial transcription factor NK2 homeobox 1 inhibits mucous cell metaplasia and Th2 inflammationYutaka Maeda
Perinatal Institute, Divisions of Neonatology, Perinatal, and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:421-9. 2011..Elucidation of the molecular mechanisms regulating mucous metaplasia and hypersecretion provides the scientific basis for diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities to improve the care of chronic pulmonary diseases...
- Combination of napsin A and TTF-1 immunohistochemistry helps in differentiating primary lung adenocarcinoma from metastatic carcinoma in the lungJiqing Ye
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:313-7. 2011....
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 expression in endometrial and endocervical adenocarcinomasKoushan Siami
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1759-63. 2007..It should also be taken into consideration in the evaluation of adenocarcinomas involving the lung in patients with a history of a gynecologic malignancy...
- Integrated transcript and genome analyses reveal NKX2-1 and MEF2C as potential oncogenes in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaIrene Homminga
Department of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Cell 19:484-97. 2011..We propose NKX2-1, NKX2-2, and MEF2C as T-ALL oncogenes that are activated by various rearrangements...
- Transcription expression and clinical significance of TTF-1 mRNA in pleural effusion of patients with lung cancerBing Jiang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Diagn Cytopathol 36:849-54. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate diagnostic utility of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) mRNA in pleural effusions (PEs) of patients with lung cancer, especially primary pulmonary adenocarcinoma (PPA)...
- Role of CBP/p300 and SRC-1 in transcriptional regulation of the pulmonary surfactant protein-A (SP-A) gene by thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1)Ming Yi
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9038, USA
J Biol Chem 277:2997-3005. 2002..cAMP stimulation of SP-A gene expression is mediated by protein kinase A (PKA) phosphorylation of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1), expressed selectively in developing lung epithelium...
- Thyroid transcription factor 1--a new prognostic factor in lung cancer: a meta-analysisT Berghmans
Department of Intensive Care and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Centre des Tumeurs de l Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Ann Oncol 17:1673-6. 2006The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic role for survival of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) in lung cancer.
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1(TTF-1) in fetal and neonatal human lungM T Stahlman
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 44:673-8. 1996....
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 in the spectrum of neuroendocrine cell lung proliferations with special interest in carcinoidsNathalie Sturm
Laboratoire de Pathologie Cellulaire, Service de Chirurgie Thoracique and the Lung Cancer Research Group, INSERM 9924, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Albert Michallon, Grenoble, France
Hum Pathol 33:175-82. 2002..This challenges the concept of a spectrum of NE proliferations and tumors and lends credence to the alternative hypothesis of a common derivation for SCLC and non-SCLC including LCNEC, with carcinoids deriving from a different stem cell...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) expression in human lung carcinomas: its prognostic implication and relationship with wxpressions of p53 and Ki-67 proteinsNa Hye Myong
Department of Pathology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Cheonan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:494-500. 2003....
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 and "basal marker"--expressing small cell carcinoma of the breastCagatay Ersahin
Department of Pathology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 17:368-72. 2009..An unequivocal in situ component was identified intimately admixed with the invasive carcinoma. To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report of breast small cell carcinoma showing the expression of "basal markers."..
- TTF1 expression in non-small cell lung carcinoma: association with TTF1 gene amplification and improved survivalS Perner
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Pathol 217:65-72. 2009..3, which contains the TTF1 gene...
- Genomic profiling identifies TITF1 as a lineage-specific oncogene amplified in lung cancerK A Kwei
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5176, USA
Oncogene 27:3635-40. 2008..The smallest region of recurrent amplification spanned the homeobox transcription factor TITF1 (thyroid transcription factor 1; also called NKX2-1), previously linked to normal lung development and function...
- PARP-2 interacts with TTF-1 and regulates expression of surfactant protein-BYutaka Maeda
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 281:9600-6. 2006b>Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1/Nkx-2.1) plays a critical role in lung morphogenesis and regulates the expression of lung-specific genes, including the surfactant proteins required for pulmonary function after birth...
- The synergistic activity of thyroid transcription factor 1 and Pax 8 relies on the promoter/enhancer interplayStefania Miccadei
Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome 00158, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 16:837-46. 2002The transcription factors, thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) and Pax 8, play a pivotal role in the transcriptional regulation of the thyroid differentiation marker genes and in the differentiation of the thyroid follicular cells...
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells regulates transcription of the surfactant protein D gene (Sftpd) via direct interaction with thyroid transcription factor-1 in lung epithelial cellsVrushank Dave
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34578-88. 2004..Components of the calcineurin/NFAT pathway were identified in respiratory epithelial cells of the lung that potentially augment rapid assembly of a multiprotein transcription complex on Sftpd promoter inducing SP-D expression...
- Glucocorticoid inhibition of SP-A gene expression in lung type II cells is mediated via the TTF-1-binding elementJoseph L Alcorn
Dept of Biochemistry, Univ of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L767-76. 2004..Our finding that Dex increased expression of the NF-kappaB inhibitory partner IkappaB-alpha suggests that the decrease in TBE-binding activity may be caused, in part, by GR inhibition of NF-kappaB interaction with this site...
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 in colorectal carcinomaBo Xu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 18:244-9. 2010..Positive nuclear TTF-1 in a metastatic carcinoma does not rule out CRC primary. Clinicopathologic correlation, tumor morphology, and a panel of immunohistochemical markers are essential to render the correct diagnosis...
- Integrated cistromic and expression analysis of amplified NKX2-1 in lung adenocarcinoma identifies LMO3 as a functional transcriptional targetHideo Watanabe
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Genes Dev 27:197-210. 2013..Our findings provide new insight into the transcriptional regulatory network of NKX2-1 and suggest that LMO3 is a transcriptional signal transducer in NKX2-1-amplified lung adenocarcinomas...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 expression in ovarian epithelial neoplasmsLena A Kubba
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Mod Pathol 21:485-90. 2008..30 mucinous neoplasms of low malignant potential, and 10 clear cell carcinomas were stained with anti-TTF1-antibody...
- Opposite roles of FOXA1 and NKX2-1 in lung cancer progressionLena Deutsch
Department of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:618-29. 2012..039). These results suggest that both FOXA1 and NKX2-1 may act as lineage-specific target genes within the 14q amplicon with opposite functions in lung cancer...
- Psychosis, short stature in benign hereditary chorea: a novel thyroid transcription factor-1 mutationAmir Glik
Department of Neurology and The Sagol Neuroscience Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Mov Disord 23:1744-7. 2008Benign hereditary chorea (BHC) is a rare autosomal dominant nonprogressive movement disorder...
- Genome-wide analyses of Nkx2-1 binding to transcriptional target genes uncover novel regulatory patterns conserved in lung development and tumorsJean Bosco Tagne
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29907. 2012....
- Frequent ALK rearrangement and TTF-1/p63 co-expression in lung adenocarcinoma with signet-ring cell componentAkihiko Yoshida
Clinical Laboratory Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Japan
Lung Cancer 72:309-15. 2011..The characteristic histology, immunoprofile, frequent ALK translocation, and total lack of EGFR or KRAS mutations, may suggest that Ad-SRCC forms a histologically/molecularly coherent subgroup of adenocarcinoma...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 amplification and expressions in lung adenocarcinoma tissues and pleural effusions predict patient survival and prognosisXiao Li
Department of Emergency, Guangdong Provincial Institute of Nephrology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
J Thorac Oncol 7:76-84. 2012Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF1) plays a role in lung adenocarcinoma development. We investigated the significance of TTF1 in primary lung adenocarcinomas, lymph node metastases, and malignant pleural effusions (MPEs).
- Calreticulin enhances the transcriptional activity of thyroid transcription factor-1 by binding to its homeodomainL Perrone
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Villa Comunale, 80121 Napoli, Italy
J Biol Chem 274:4640-5. 1999..We also demonstrate that calreticulin mRNA levels in thyroid cells are under strict control by the thyroid-stimulating hormone, thus implicating calreticulin in the modulation of thyroid gene expression by thyroid-stimulating hormone...
- HOXB5 cooperates with NKX2-1 in the transcription of human RETJiang Zhu
Department of Surgery, Development and Growth, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
PLoS ONE 6:e20815. 2011..Therefore, defects in cis- or trans-regulation of RET by HOXB5 could lead to reduction of RET expression and contribute to the manifestation of the HSCR phenotype...
- Induction of sodium iodide symporter gene and molecular characterisation of HNF3 beta/FoxA2, TTF-1 and C/EBP beta in thyroid carcinoma cellsT Akagi
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Br J Cancer 99:781-8. 2008..contained binding sites for hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 beta (HNF3 beta)/forkhead box A2 (FoxA2), thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1), and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP beta)...
- Retinoic acid stimulation of the human surfactant protein B promoter is thyroid transcription factor 1 site-dependentA Naltner
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 275:56-62. 2000..These findings support a model in which RAR/retinoid X receptor, TTF-1, coactivators, and CBP form a transcription activation complex in the upstream enhancer region of the hSP-B gene...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) gene: identification of ZBP-89, Sp1, and TTF-1 sites in the promoter and regulation by TNF-α in lung epithelial cellsAparajita Das
Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, 75708 3154, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L427-40. 2011Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1/Nkx2.1/TITF1) is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor essential for the morphogenesis and differentiation of the lung...
- Epigenetic mechanisms modulate thyroid transcription factor 1-mediated transcription of the surfactant protein B geneYuXia Cao
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2152-64. 2010..b>Thyroid transcription factor 1 (Nkx2-1) regulates Sftpb gene expression in various species...
- TTF-1 response element is critical for temporal and spatial regulation and necessary for hormonal regulation of human surfactant protein-A2 promoter activityDongyuan Liu
Department of Biochemistry, North Texas March of Dimes Birth Defects Center, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75235 9038, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L264-71. 2008....
- Physical and functional interactions between homeodomain NKX2.1 and winged helix/forkhead FOXA1 in lung epithelial cellsParviz Minoo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2155-65. 2007..These findings suggest a novel mode of selective gene regulation by proximo-distal gradient distribution of and functional interactions between forkhead and homeodomain transcription factors...
- Characterizing the developmental pathways TTF-1, NKX2-8, and PAX9 in lung cancerDavid S Hsu
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Department of Medicine, and Institute for Statistics and Decision Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5312-7. 2009..This suggests that the cohort of patients with coactivation of TTF-1 and NKX2-8 pathways appears to be resistant to standard cisplatin therapy, suggesting the need for alternative therapies in this cohort of high-risk patients...
- The paired domain-containing factor Pax8 and the homeodomain-containing factor TTF-1 directly interact and synergistically activate transcriptionTina Di Palma
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR and Department Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 278:3395-402. 2003....
- Mutational analysis of thyroid transcription factor-1 gene (TTF-1) in lung carcinomasXiao Yan Bai
Department of Pathology, School of Basic Medical Science, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 44:17-25. 2008..The analyses of TTF-1 gene missense mutation and synonymous mutation and the loss of TTF-1 protein and mRNA can be regarded as the important indexes of molecular pathology of lung carcinoma...
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 in 16 human lung cancer cell linesJ Fujita
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Lung Cancer 39:31-6. 2003..Our present study demonstrates that the frequency of TTF-1 expression in the nucleus was very low in human lung cancer cell lines; however, their cytoplasmic positivities should be further investigated...
- Erm/thyroid transcription factor 1 interactions modulate surfactant protein C transcriptionSui Lin
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16716-26. 2006..which is restricted to alveolar type II epithelial cells of the adult lung, is critically dependent on thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1)...
- Lethal respiratory failure and mild primary hypothyroidism in a term girl with a de novo heterozygous mutation in the TITF1/NKX2.1 geneEmilie Maquet
IRIBHM and Genetics Service, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels ULB, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:197-203. 2009b>Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TITF1/NKX2.1) is expressed in the thyroid, lung, ventral forebrain, and pituitary. In the lung, TITF1/NKX2.1 activates the expression of genes critical for lung development and function. Titf/Nkx2...
- Thyroid nuclear factor 1 (TTF-1) contains a homeodomain and displays a novel DNA binding specificityS Guazzi
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Heidelberg, FRG
EMBO J 9:3631-9. 1990....
- Epigenetic silencing of TTF-1/NKX2-1 through DNA hypermethylation and histone H3 modulation in thyroid carcinomasTetsuo Kondo
Department of Pathology, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Lab Invest 89:791-9. 2009..Our data suggest that epigenetics is involved with inactivation of TTF-1 in thyroid carcinomas, and provide a possible means of using TTF-1 as a target for differentiation-inducing therapy through epigenetic modification...
- Five new TTF1/NKX2.1 mutations in brain-lung-thyroid syndrome: rescue by PAX8 synergism in one caseAurore Carre
University Paris Descartes, INSERM U845, 75270 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 18:2266-76. 2009b>Thyroid transcription factor 1 (NKX2-1/TITF1) mutations cause brain-lung-thyroid syndrome, characterized by congenital hypothyroidism (CH), infant respiratory distress syndrome (IRDS) and benign hereditary chorea (BHC)...
- Interleukin-10 induces uteroglobin-related protein (UGRP) 1 gene expression in lung epithelial cells through homeodomain transcription factor T/EBP/NKX2.1Achara Srisodsai
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:54358-68. 2004..1-dependent pathway. The results further suggest that UGRP1 might be a target for IL-10 anti-inflammatory activities in the lung...
- TAZ is a coactivator for Pax8 and TTF-1, two transcription factors involved in thyroid differentiationTina Di Palma
Istituto di Endocrinologia e Oncologia Sperimentale G Salvatore CNR and Dpt Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Exp Cell Res 315:162-75. 2009....
- Thyroid transcription factor 1 expression in sellar tumors: a histogenetic marker?Edward B Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:482-8. 2009..Given the role of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) in the developing rodent infundibulum and its expression in the adult rat neurohypophysis, we ..
- NKX2-1 mutations leading to surfactant protein promoter dysregulation cause interstitial lung disease in "Brain-Lung-Thyroid Syndrome"Loic Guillot
INSERM UMR 938, UPMC, Universite Paris 6, France
Hum Mutat 31:E1146-62. 2010....
- Multiple ras downstream pathways mediate functional repression of the homeobox gene product TTF-1C Missero
Stazione Zoologica A Dohrn Villa Comunale, 80121 Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 20:2783-93. 2000..Our data indicate that the Raf/MEK/ERK cascade may act in concert with an as-yet-uncharacterized signaling pathway activated by V12N38 Ras to repress TTF-1 function and ultimately to inhibit thyroid cell differentiation...
- The DNA glycosylase T:G mismatch-specific thymine DNA glycosylase represses thyroid transcription factor-1-activated transcriptionC Missero
Stazione Zoologica A Dohrn, Villa Comunale, 80121 Napoli, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:33569-75. 2001..These findings reveal a previously unsuspected role for the repair enzyme TDG as a transcriptional repressor and open new routes toward the understanding of the regulation of TTF-1 transcriptional activity...
- Structure of the human Nkx2.1 geneH Hamdan
Department of Pediatrics, Women s and Children s Hospital, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1396:336-48. 1998..Analysis of Nkx2.1 genomic DNA fragments suggest that at least two independent regions, one within the first intron and the other 5' of the first exon may mediate the basal promoter activity of the Nkx2.1 gene in lung epithelial cells...
- Partial deficiency of thyroid transcription factor 1 produces predominantly neurological defects in humans and miceJoachim Pohlenz
Children s Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Clin Invest 109:469-73. 2002Three genes, TTF1, TTF2, and PAX8, involved in thyroid gland development and migration have been identified. Yet systematic screening for defects in these genes in thyroid dysgenesis gave essentially negative results...
- Choreoathetosis, hypothyroidism, and pulmonary alterations due to human NKX2-1 haploinsufficiencyHeiko Krude
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Otto Heubner Center for Pediatrics, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Invest 109:475-80. 2002..Moreover, the association of symptoms in the patients with NKX2-1 mutations points to an important role of human NKX2-1 in the development and function of thyroid, basal ganglia, and lung, as already described for rodents...
- Lineage-specific dependency of lung adenocarcinomas on the lung development regulator TTF-1Hisaaki Tanaka
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Center for Neurological Diseases and Cancer, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Res 67:6007-11. 2007....
- Evaluation of the thyroid transcription factor-1 gene (TITF1) as a Hirschsprung's disease locusMaria Mercè Garcia-Barceló
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine of the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Hum Genet 71:746-54. 2007..We previously showed that RET transcription was decreased due to alteration of the TITF1 binding site by two HSCR-associated RET promoter single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- TTF-1 and RET promoter SNPs: regulation of RET transcription in Hirschsprung's diseaseMerce Garcia-Barcelo
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Mol Genet 14:191-204. 2005..We also present a detailed profile of the RET gene in our population, which provides an insight into the higher incidence of the disease in China...
- Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate-induced DNA or protein modifications severely inhibit the protein/DNA interactionM Moro
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 29:347-50. 1997..e. in diabetes) or after a long time exposure (i.e. in Gzero-arrested cells during aging)...
- Monitoring of pesticide residues and their metabolites in surface and underground waters of Imathia (N. Greece) by means of solid-phase extraction disks and gas chromatographyT A Albanis
Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
J Chromatogr A 823:59-71. 1998..compounds including propazine, trifluralin, malathion, parathion ethyl, lindane, alpha-benzene hexachloride (alpha-BHC), beta-BHC, 4,4'-DDE and heptachlor were determined in river waters...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1, thyroglobulin, cytokeratin 7, and cytokeratin 20 in thyroid neoplasmsP A Bejarano
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33136, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 8:189-94. 2000..Thyroid tumors are CK7+/CK20-. The panel of antibodies for TG, TTF-1, CK7, and CK20 is useful when the thyroid origin of a metastatic tumor is a consideration...
- Use of thyroid transcription factor 1, PE-10, and cytokeratins 7 and 20 in discriminating between primary lung carcinomas and metastatic lesions in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimensD C Chhieng
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35249 6823, USA
Cancer 93:330-6. 2001..It has been shown that antibodies to thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) and PE-10 are fairly specific markers for primary lung tumors in histologic specimens...
- [Determination of organochlorine pesticide residues in nine herbs by solid-phase extraction and capillary gas chromatography]Zheng Yan
College of Chemistry and Environmental Science, Hebei University, Baoding 071002, China
Se Pu 23:308-11. 2005..was introduced for determining 13 organochlorine pesticide residues including alpha-benzene hexachloride (BHC), betaBHC, gamma-BHC, delta-BHC, p,p'-dichloro-diphenyl-dichloroethylene (pp'-DDE), p,p'-dichloro-di-phenyl-..
- Thyroid transcription factor 1 expression in ovarian carcinomas is an independent prognostic factorSawako Fujiwara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Shouwa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Hum Pathol 41:560-5. 2010Tthyroid transcription factor 1 is a marker of lung and thyroid carcinomas, but thyroid transcription factor 1 immunoreactivity is seen in other malignancies...
- Residues of endosulfan and other selected organochlorine pesticides in farm areas of the Lower Fraser Valley, British Columbia, CanadaMichael T Wan
Environmental Protection Branch, Environment Canada, Pacific and Yukon Region, 201 401 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Environ Qual 34:1186-93. 2005..endrin aldehyde, heptachlor, and heptachlor epoxide), hexachlorocyclohexanes [alpha-benzene-hexachloride (alpha-BHC), beta-BHC, delta-BHC, and gamma-BHC (lindane)], and DDT-related compounds (p,p-DDT, p,p-DDD, p,p-DDE, and ..
- Thyroglobulin repression of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) gene expression is mediated by decreased DNA binding of nuclear factor I proteins which control constitutive TTF-1 expressionM Nakazato
Cell Regulation Section, Metabolic Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:8499-512. 2000..the molecular mechanism by which TG suppresses the prototypic thyroid-restricted transcription factor, thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1), in rat FRTL-5 thyrocytes...
- Sterol response element binding protein and thyroid transcription factor-1 (Nkx2.1) regulate Abca3 gene expressionValérie Besnard
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 293:L1395-405. 2007..Abca3 gene expression is mediated by discrete cis-acting cassettes that mediate pulmonary cell- and lipid-sensitive pathways regulating surfactant homeostasis...
- Determination of low-level agricultural residues in soft drinks and sports drinks by gas chromatography with mass-selective detection: single-laboratory validationNathan Paske
Covance Laboratories, 3301 Kinsman Blvd, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J AOAC Int 90:534-43. 2007..with mass selective detection The pesticide residues determined in this validation were alpha-benzenehexachloride (BHC); beta-BHC; gamma-BHC; delta-BHC; methyl parathion; malathion; chlorpyrifos; aldrin; 2,4-..
- Career development among residents completing primary care and traditional residencies in medicine at the Boston City Hospital, 1974-1983R A Witzburg
Department of Medicine, Boston City Hospital, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
J Gen Intern Med 3:48-53. 1988A primary care (PC) pathway was initiated within the medical residency program at Boston City Hospital (BCH) in 1974...
- Immunohistochemical study of thyroid transcription factor-1 and HER2/neu in non-small cell lung cancer: strong thyroid transcription factor-1 expression predicts better survivalAbida K Haque
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0588, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:103-9. 2002..The results of this study suggest that strong expression of TTF-1 is an independent predictor of better survival and may be a useful prognostic tool for evaluation of patients with NSCLC...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1/Nkx2.1/TITF1) gene regulation in the lungVijay Boggaram
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, 11937 US Highway 271, Tyler, TX 75708 3154, USA
Clin Sci (Lond) 116:27-35. 2009TTF-1 [thyroid transcription factor-1; also known as Nkx2.1, T/EBP (thyroid-specific-enhancer-binding protein) or TITF1] is a homeodomain-containing transcription factor essential for the morphogenesis and differentiation of the thyroid, ..
- The mouse Muc5b mucin gene is transcriptionally regulated by thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) and GATA-6 transcription factorsNicolas Jonckheere
INSERM, U837, Jean Pierre Aubert Research Center, Lille, France
FEBS J 278:282-94. 2011..The characterization of the structural and functional features of the Muc5b mucin gene will provide us with a strong base to develop studies in murine models aimed at the identification of its biological role in lung pathophysiology...
- Functional inactivation of the transcription factor Pax8 through oligomerization chain reactionBarbara D'Andrea
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale Consiglio Nazionale delie Ricerche and Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 20:1810-24. 2006..in thyroid cells Pax8 interacts biochemically and functionally with the transcription factor TTF-1 (thyroid transcription factor 1), and that such interaction leads to the synergistic activation of thyroglobulin (Tg) gene expression...
- Thyroid transcription factor 1 immunohistochemistry as an intraoperative diagnostic tool at frozen section for distinction between primary and secondary lung tumorsDavid N Butcher
Department of Histopathology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:582-7. 2007..Intraoperative distinction between primary and metastatic carcinomas in the lung at frozen section remains problematic...
- Utility of tissue-specific transcription factors thyroid transcription factor 1 and Cdx2 in determining the primary site of metastatic adenocarcinomas to the brainLeah B Strickland-Marmol
University of South Florida Department of Pathology, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC Box 11, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1686-90. 2007..Recently, attention has turned to tissue-specific transcription factors, such as thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF-1) and Cdx2, in the appraisal of metastatic adenocarcinomas.
- The thyroid transcription factor-1 gene is a candidate target for regulation by Hox proteinsS Guazzi
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Istituto Scientifico H S Raffaele, Milano, Italy
EMBO J 13:3339-47. 1994..Some of the DNA-protein complexes formed by the embryonic extracts are indistinguishable from those generated by HOXB3.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Residues of 18 organochlorine pesticides in 30 traditional Chinese medicinesJian Xue
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
Chemosphere 71:1051-5. 2008..We tested for 18 pesticides: benzene hexachloride (BHC, including alpha-BHC, beta-BHC, gamma-BHC, delta-BHC), heptachlor, heptachlor epoxide, tecnazene, ..
- [Quantitative analysis of thyroid transcription factor-1 mRNA expressions in primary lung cancer and its metastatic foci]Xiao Yan Bai
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:20-5. 2008....
- Antinociceptive effects of bethanechol or dimethylphenylpiperazinium in models of phasic or incisional pain in ratsWiliam A Prado
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1018:272-82. 2004..used intrathecal administration of drugs to rats to show that muscarinic or nicotinic agonists such as bethanechol (BCh) and dimethylphenylpiperazinium (DM), respectively, dose-dependently increased the tail flick latency and reduced ..
- [A comparative evaluation of immunohistochemical markers for the differential diagnosis between malignant mesothelioma, non-small cell carcinoma involving the pleura, and benign reactive mesothelial cell proliferation]Ewa Szczepulska-Wójcik
Zakład Patomorfologii Instytutu Gruźlicy i Chorób Płuc w Warszawie
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 75:57-69. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the significance of selected immunohistochemical stains in differentiating MM from non-small cell lung cancers infiltrating the pleura and from benign reactive mesothelial cell proliferation...
- Immunostaining for thyroid transcription factor-1 on fine-needle aspiration specimens of lung tumors: a comparison of direct smears and cell block preparationsJing Liu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 102:109-14. 2004....
- Effects of of habitats and pesticides on aerobic capacity and survival of soil faunaG Tripathi
Department of Zoology, J N Vyas University, Jodhpur 342 001, India
Biomed Environ Sci 18:169-75. 2005..Faunal health is largely dependent on their soil environment and available litter quality. So the effects of different soil habitats and pesticides on citrate synthase (CS) activity of soil fauna and its population were studied...
- In vitro characterization of the thyroidal uptake of O-(2-[(18)F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosineOlaf Prante
Laboratory of Molecular Imaging, Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, Friedrich Alexander University, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nucl Med Biol 34:305-14. 2007..We therefore studied several factors potentially governing the uptake of FET in the rat thyroid cell line FRTL-5 in comparison with thyroid tumor cell lines of human origin...
- Determination of polychlorinated biphenyls and chlorinated pesticides in human body fluids and tissuesK A Bucholski
, Department of Analytical Chemistry, , Germany
J Chromatogr A 754:479-85. 1996..The method allows the simultaneous determination of chlorinated pesticides such as aldrin, DDT, DDE, BHC and HCB and is also applicable to other biological matrices, such as bone marrow or tissues.
- Inhibition by a nonmetabolized analogue of L-leucine of protein biosynthesis in tumoral pancreatic islet cellsM Barreto
, Centro Asociado al Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 21:533-6. 1989..metabolite 2-ketoisocaproate and its nonmetabolized analogue b(+/-)2-aminobicyclo[2,2,1]-heptane-2-carboxylic acid (BCH) upon protein labelling was examined in tumoral islet cells (RINm5F line) exposed to L-[4-3H]phenylalanine or L-[3-..
- Endocrine disrupting chemicals in Hungarian canned foodsMasaharu Yamamoto
Div of Social and Environmental Medicine Dept of Community Preventive Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 951 8510, Niigata City, Japan
Environ Health Prev Med 6:273-5. 2002The aim of this study was to clarify the worldwide residual levels of organochloride compounds, such as BHC and DDT, which were reportedly concentrated in animal tissues by biological food chains...
- Diagnostic utility of thyroid transcription factors Pax8 and TTF-2 (FoxE1) in thyroid epithelial neoplasmsDaisuke Nonaka
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mod Pathol 21:192-200. 2008..In differentiated thyroid neoplasms, no significant difference in expression was seen in all the three transcription factors...
- PCBs and organochlorine pesticide residues in eggs of Audouin's gull (Larus audouinii) in the north-eastern MediterraneanV Goutner
Department of Zoology, School of Biology, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, GR 54006, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Mar Pollut Bull 42:377-88. 2001Levels of eight PCB congeners (IUPAC 8, 20, 28, 52, 101, 118, 138, 180) and 13 organochlorine pesticides (alpha-BHC, beta-BHC, lindane (gamma-BHC), heptachlor, heptachlor epoxide, aldrin, dieldrin, endrin, 2,4'-DDT, 2,4'-DDD, 4,4'-DDT, 4,..
- [Thyroid transcription factor-1 in pulmonary cytology]Silvana Smojver-Jezek
Klinika za plućne bolesti Jordanovac, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 62:373-8. 2008..Mucinous bronchioloalveolar carcinomas are usually negative. Immunocytochemistry with a panel of cytokeratins (CK) 7 and 20, along with TTF-1, is recommended for identification of the origin of adenocarcinoma in pulmonary cytology...
- GCDFP-15 positive and TTF-1 negative primary lung neoplasms: a tissue microarray study of 381 primary lung tumorsLi J Wang
Rhode Island Hospital, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:505-11. 2009..On whole sections, about half (55%) of GCDFP-15 positive cases were negative and one-third (33%) revealed focal TTF1 staining in areas distinct from the tumor regions that expressed GCDFP-15...
- TTF1 expression in normal lung neuroendocrine cells and related tumors: immunohistochemical study comparing two different monoclonal antibodiesStefano La Rosa
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, 21100 Varese, Italy
Virchows Arch 457:497-507. 2010Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF1) regulates lung morphogenesis and differentiation, and its immunohistochemical expression is used for identifying lung neoplasms...
- Glutaminolysis and insulin secretion: from bedside to bench and backAndrea Kelly
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 51:S421-6. 2002..bicarbonate buffer with 2 mmol/l glutamine using 10 mmol/l 2-aminobicyclo[2,2,1]-heptane-2-carboxylic acid (BCH) or a BCH ramp after 50 or 120 min of glucose deprivation...
- Mutations in TITF1 are not relevant to sporadic and familial chorea of unknown causePeter Bauer
Medical Genetics, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Mov Disord 21:1734-7. 2006..Benign hereditary chorea (BHC; OMIM 118700) is an autosomal dominant movement disorder. Mutations in the thyroid transcription factor 1 (TITF1) gene have been linked with BHC...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 regulates feeding behavior via melanocortin pathway in the hypothalamusJae Geun Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, University of Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea
Diabetes 60:710-9. 2011..This study aims to identify the function of TTF-1 in the transcriptional regulation of AgRP and α-MSH synthesis for the control of feeding behavior...
- TTF-1, a homeodomain-containing transcription factor, participates in the control of body fluid homeostasis by regulating angiotensinogen gene transcription in the rat subfornical organYoung June Son
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 749, South Korea
J Biol Chem 278:27043-52. 2003..These results demonstrate a novel role for TTF-1 in the regulation of body fluid homeostasis, exerted via the transactivational control of angiotensinogen synthesis in the subfornical organ...
- [Value of thyroid transcription factor-1 in identification of the prognosis of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma]Chang Li Wang
Department of Lung Tumor, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin 300060, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2350-4. 2007....
- MECHANISMS IN THE REGULATION OF SP-A GENE EXPRESSIONCarole R Mendelson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Transcriptional Programming of Asthma Related Pathology in Respiratory EpitheliaJeffrey A Whitsett; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Defining the genetic program of primordial lung progenitorsLAERTIS OIKONOMOU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Since the transcription factor Titf1 is the earliest known marker of lung development, we created a new genetic tool, the Titf1-GFP knock-in mouse...
- Functional Characterization of Lung Adenocarcinoma Progression and MetastasisMONTE MEIER WINSLOW; Fiscal Year: 2011..My goals are to understand the molecular basis of metastasis and ultimately, to use this information to treat metastatic lesions and prevent metastatic spread. ..
- Functional Characterization of Hmga2 in Lung Cancer ProgressionMONTE MEIER WINSLOW; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Micromagnetic Aptamer PCR System for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Protein DetectionHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2010..markers, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and thyroid transcription factor (TTF1), at femtomolar concentration levels directly from serum...
- Regulation and role of CEACAM6 in the lung alveolusPhilip L Ballard; Fiscal Year: 2011..The studies of this project will examine expression and function of the protein in normal lung and its role in response to lung injury and infection. ..
- NKX2-1, A Candidate Lineage Survival Oncogene in Lung AdenocarcinomaMatthew L Meyerson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this way, it should contribute to the broad goal of improving lung cancer treatment, which motivates this research program. ..
- Generation of lung progenitors from Cystic Fibrosis iPS cellsJayaraj Rajagopal; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- THE ROLE OF GATA6 IN LUNG DEVELOPMENTEdward E Morrisey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the studies described in our proposal will greatly enhance our knowledge of the pathways that regulate early lung progenitor development as well as airway regeneration in the adult. ..
- Genetic Control of Basal Telencephalic DevelopmentJohn L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..Disruption of these mechanisms can cause psychiatric and neurological disorders that include mental retardation, autism, schizophrenia, movement disorders and addiction. ..
- Alveolar Epithelial Cell-Specific Gene Therapy PlasmidsDavid A Dean; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- A female-specific neuroendocrine center controlling energy expenditureSTEPHANIE CORREA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, the proposed research and career development training activities will prepare me to become an independent investigator in the field of obesity research. ..
- Insulin Action on GLUT4 and FOXO1 in the BrainGarrett Heinrich; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project studies the function of neurons in the brain that express the glucose transporter GLUT4 and gene transcription factor FOXO1 and how insulin action in those neurons maintains peripheral glucose homeostasis. ..
- Air/liquid interface cultures for alveolar type II cell differentiationROBERT JAMES MASON; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, we are mindful that other pathways are also likely involved, and we will examine TTF1, FOXA2, mTOR, PPAR? and AMPK target genes in the analyses of the microarray experiments...
- Differentiating Nkx2.1-positive lung epithelial progenitors from ES cellsJayaraj Rajagopal; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proof of principle will set the stage to make any lung cell type from a pluripotent stem cell and allow the unprecedented ability to model patient specific human lung diseases in the laboratory. ..
- Mapping the Inputs onto Neocortical Chandelier CellsJason M Tucciarone; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Fate Determination of Interneruons in the Mammalian TelecephalonStewart A Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition Shh function will be studied using conditional knockouts that target Shh expression within the ventral forebrain. ..
- Hedgehog Signaling and the Evolution of Genomic Regulatory ArchitectureKEVIN ANTHONY PETERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..gneural tube, limb bud and somites) will provide essential information for understanding how this important signaling pathway functions in development and disease as well as provide insight into principles of genome organization. ..
- Generation of interneurons derived from ES cells using inducible expression of trTimothy J Petros; Fiscal Year: 2013..These results will significantly aid the study of interneuron development and advance our capabilities to use interneurons as cell-based therapies for the treatment of disease. ..
- Plasma RNA based Early Lung Cancer Detection by Tethered Cationic Lipoplex AssaySERGE P NANA-SINKAM; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Developmental Programs of Neural Circuits in the Mouse Medial HypothalamusHolly A Ingraham; Fiscal Year: 2013..Accordingly, results from the proposed studies may provide a new arsenal to combat the growing and costly effects of obesity and Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Derivation of cerebral cortical GABAergic interneurons from human iPS cellsLorenz P Studer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The role of DNA damage response signaling in chronic kidney diseaseRannar Airik; Fiscal Year: 2013..In March 2013 I will move to the Boston Children's Hospital (BCH)/Harvard Medical School (HMS) with Dr. Hildebrandt's laboratory...
- High-Speed Motion-Corrected Pediatric Neuroimaging with MRIMATTHEW DYLAN TISDALL; Fiscal Year: 2013..phase will be performed with pediatric volunteers on the clinical MRI systems at Boston Children's Hospital (BCH)...
- Stem Cell Transplantation for EpilepsyJANICE RAE NAEGELE; Fiscal Year: 2013..4: Measure inhibitory post-synaptic currents in retrovirally-labeled populations of GCs by patch-clamp electrophysiological recordings in hippocampal slices from mice with transplants of mPSC-derived MGE-like basal forebrain cells. ..
- Generating 3-D lung organoids in vitro from human pluripotent stem cellsJames M Wells; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY OF PUBERTY AND SEXUAL DEVELOPMENTSergio R Ojeda; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) To examine the hypothesis that a novel gene, termed EAP-1 (Enhanced At. Puberty-1) belongs - along with TTF-1 - to the hierarchy of controlling genes involved in the transcriptional regulation of the pubertal process. ..
- Derivation of Lung Epithelial Progenitors from iPS CellsDarrell N Kotton; Fiscal Year: 2013..1+ endoderm. Aim 2 tests the functional roles of a subset of these surface proteins, and Aim 3 utilizes human iPSCs to establish the surface phenotype of primordial human NKX2.1+ endodermal lung progenitors. ..
- Regional and Genetic Diversity of Cortical InterneuronsGORDON J FISHELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, through the genetic profiling of these cells we expect to be able to directly link the function of these cells to specific genetically inherited disorders in human patients. ..
- Pulmonary Development: Molecular &Cellular AnalysisPARVIZ MINOO MINOO; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goal of this project is to learn enough about Pten to be able to modify its function and therefore prevent or treat lung disease. ..
- Powered Knee Prosthesis Incorporating Battery-Capacitor HybridBADAWI M DWEIK; Fiscal Year: 2012..Capacitors, while having very low energy densities, have very high power densities. In a battery/capacitor hybrid (BCH), the capacitor handles most of the power spikes, allowing the battery to function under more constant conditions...
- PHYTOESTROGENS, ORGANOCHLORINES, AND FIBROID RISKStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., total PCBs, DDE, heptachlor epoxide, oxychlordane, frans-nonachlor, dieldrin, HCB, and beta-BHC) and total lipids using standard methods...
- ORGANOCHLORINE COMPOUNDS AND RISK OF BREAST CANCERTongzhang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 1993..and persistent metabolite DDE increases the risk of female breast cancer; and c) exposure to benzene hexachloride (BHC) isomers, particularly alpha-, beta- and gamma-BHC, increases the risk of female breast cancer...
- SHORT-CHAIN ACYLCARNITINES--FUNCTION AND ENZYMOLOGYLORAN BIEBER; Fiscal Year: 1993..Rev, BCH 57, 261 (1988(]; however, the roles for CAT and COT of liver microsomes are unknown due, in part, to the limited ..
- CONTROLLED STUDY OF INFANT HIV ENCEPHALOPATHYDavid Coulter; Fiscal Year: 1992..When their infants are born at Boston City Hospital (BCH), they will also be tested for HIV. All HIV-positive infants will form the study group (16/year)...
- Life Stories for Black Youth: Exploring Cultural Heritage through StorytellingAmanda Harrell; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed innovative product, LifeStories for Kids: Black Cultural Heritage Series (LS-BCH), is a school- based curriculum for upper elementary children focusing on Black heritage and culture featuring ..
- The role of Nkx genes in hypothalamic & NAc developmentCindy Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..I will analyze Nkx2.1 function in dorsoventral patterning, specification and differentiation of NPY+/GABA+ neurons in the hypothalamus and NAc using cre recombinase-mediated gene inactivation technology in mice. ..
- RACIVIR FOR TREATMENT OF HEPATITIS B AND HIV INFECTIONSMichael Otto; Fiscal Year: 2000..Unlike (+)-BCH-189 (the plus-beta- enantiomer of 3TC), (+)- FTC is essentially non-toxic in various sophisticated in vitro ..
- REGIONAL PATTERNING IN THE VENTRAL TELENCEPHALONGORDON J FISHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..If we can understand how this population is generated, we will take the first step towards assessing whether we can use gene or cell therapies to ameliorate the devasting consequences associated with cortical interneuron dysfunction. ..
- REGULATORY MECHANISMS IN SURFACTANT SYNTHESISCAROLE MENDELSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..