Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NIR
Description: nucleolar complex associated 2 homolog (S. cerevisiae)
Alias: NET15, NET7, NIR, NOC2-like protein, novel INHAT (inhibitor of histone acetyltransferase) repressor, novel INHAT repressor, nucleolar complex protein 2 homolog, protein NOC2 homolog
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- [Non-destructive and rapid identification of bacteria using near-infrared spectroscopy]T Matsunaga
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Aoto Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 69:729-37. 1995Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy has recently come to be applied extensively in agricultural, food and chemical industries, and pharmaceutical science. We have been attempting to expand this method in the field of medical science...
- Nicotinamide riboside, an unusual, non-typical, substrate of purified purine-nucleoside phosphorylasesB Wielgus-Kutrowska
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Biochem 243:408-14. 1997Nicotinamide 1-beta-D-riboside (Nir), the cationic, reducible moiety of the coenzyme NAD+, has been confirmed as an unusual substrate for purified purine-nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) from a mammalian source (calf spleen)...
- NIR is a novel INHAT repressor that modulates the transcriptional activity of p53Philip Hublitz
Frauenklinik der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Zentrale Klinische Forschung, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Genes Dev 19:2912-24. 2005..NIR (Novel INHAT Repressor) is ubiquitously expressed throughout embryonic development and adulthood...
- Aurora B interacts with NIR-p53, leading to p53 phosphorylation in its DNA-binding domain and subsequent functional suppressionLiming Wu
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2236-44. 2011NIR (novel INHAT repressor) is a transcriptional co-repressor with inhibitor of histone acetyltransferase (INHAT) activity and has previously been shown to physically interact with and suppress p53 transcriptional activity and function...
- Association of a protein phosphatase 1 activity with the human factor C1 (HCF) complexP M Ajuh
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 28:678-86. 2000..The data suggest novel roles for HCF and PP1, which may be relevant to their functions in transcription and cell cycle progression...
- Two enzymes with a common function but different heme ligands in the forms as isolated. Optical and magnetic properties of the heme groups in the oxidized forms of nitrite reductase, cytochrome cd1, from Pseudomonas stutzeri and Thiosphaera pantotrophaM R Cheesman
Centre for Metalloprotein Spectroscopy and Biology, School of Chemical Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, U K
Biochemistry 36:16267-76. 1997..It is confirmed by EPR and near-infrared (NIR) MCD measurements that the bis-histidine coordination remains unaltered in the solution phase...
- Comparison of bean biochemical composition and beverage quality of Arabica hybrids involving Sudanese-Ethiopian origins with traditional varieties at various elevations in Central AmericaBenoit Bertrand
Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement CIRAD, UMR DGPC, TA80 PS3, 34398 Montpellier, Cedex 5, France
Tree Physiol 26:1239-48. 2006..acid, trigonelline, fat and sucrose) were evaluated by predictive models based on calibration of near-infrared (NIR) spectra and by chemometric analysis of the global NIR spectrum...
- X-ray structure and site-directed mutagenesis of a nitrite reductase from Alcaligenes faecalis S-6: roles of two copper atoms in nitrite reductionM Kukimoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochemistry 33:5246-52. 1994Nitrite reductase (NIR) from the denitrifying bacterium Alcaligenes faecalis S-6 is a copper-containing enzyme which requires pseudoazurin, a low molecular weight protein containing a single type I copper atom, as a direct electron donor ..
- Conformational changes occurring upon reduction and NO binding in nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaD Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UPR 9039 CNRS, IBSM, Marseille, France
Biochemistry 37:13987-96. 1998Nitrite reductase (NiR) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa (EC 126.96.36.199) (NiR-Pa) is a soluble enzyme catalyzing the reduction of nitrite (NO2-) to nitric oxide (NO)...
- Genomic analysis reveals widespread occurrence of new classes of copper nitrite reductasesMark J Ellis
Molecular Biophysics Group, Science and Technology Facilities Council, Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, Cheshire, UK
J Biol Inorg Chem 12:1119-27. 2007Recently, the structure of a Cu-containing nitrite reductase (NiR) from Hyphomicrobium denitrificans (HdNiR) has been reported, establishing the existence of a new family of Cu-NiR where an additional type 1 Cu (T1Cu) containing ..
- Multiphoton microscopy in life sciencesK Konig
Laser Microscopy Division, Institute of Anatomy II, Friedrich Schiller University, D 07740 Jena, Germany
J Microsc 200:83-104. 2000Near infrared (NIR) multiphoton microscopy is becoming a novel optical tool of choice for fluorescence imaging with high spatial and temporal resolution, diagnostics, photochemistry and nanoprocessing within living cells and tissues...
- N-terminal arm exchange is observed in the 2.15 A crystal structure of oxidized nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosaD Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, U P R 9039 C N R S, I B S M, Marseille, France
Structure 5:1157-71. 1997Nitrite reductase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa (NiR-Pa) is a dimer consisting of two identical 60 kDa subunits, each of which contains one c and one d1 heme group...
- Major oxidative products of cytosine are substrates for the nucleotide incision repair pathwayStéphane Daviet
Groupe Réparation de l ADN, UMR 8126 CNRS, Univ Paris Sud, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:8-18. 2007..However, in alternative nucleotide incision repair (NIR) pathway the apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) endonucleases incise DNA duplex 5' to an oxidatively damaged base in a DNA ..
- A rapid method for the quantification of fatty acids in fats and oils with emphasis on trans fatty acids using Fourier Transform near infrared spectroscopy (FT-NIR)Hormoz Azizian
NIR Technologies Inc, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Lipids 40:855-67. 2005..and quantifying the FA composition of edible oils and fats using Fourier Transform near infrared spectroscopy (FT-NIR)...
- Tissue hemoglobin O2 saturation during resuscitation of traumatic shock monitored using near infrared spectrometryB A McKinley
University of Texas Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
J Trauma 48:637-42. 2000Near infrared (NIR) spectrometry offers a noninvasive monitor of tissue hemoglobin O2 saturation and has been developed to report a quantitative clinical variable, StO2 [= HbO2/(HbO2 + Hb)]...
- [Effect of powder's particle size on the quantitative prediction of volatile oil content in Zanthoxylum bungeagum by NIR technique]Shi Ping Zhu
College of Engineering and Technology, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:775-9. 2008..For each sample, the NIR spectra of 8 different kinds of particle size powders were measured using a Bruker MATRIX-I FT-NIR spectrometer...
- NIR laser tissue welding of in vitro porcine cornea and sclera tissueHoward E Savage
Department of Pathology, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, 2nd Avenue and 14th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Lasers Surg Med 35:293-303. 2004The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that an near infrared (NIR) laser system (1,455 nm) in combination with a motorized translational stage to control the position and speed of the laser beam and a shutter to control ..
- Lower extremity ulcer image segmentation of visual and near-infrared imageryVladimir Bochko
Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation, University of Vaasa, Vaasa, Finland
Skin Res Technol 16:190-7. 2010..In addition to visual color information, we use near-infrared (NIR) images because NIR can penetrate deeper into tissue than visual light...
- Immunoassay of goat antihuman immunoglobulin G antibody based on luminescence resonance energy transfer between near-infrared responsive NaYF4:Yb, Er upconversion fluorescent nanoparticles and gold nanoparticlesMeng Wang
College of Sciences, Northeastern University, Shenyang 110004, People s Republic of China
Anal Chem 81:8783-9. 2009Near-infrared (NIR) light can penetrate biological samples and even tissues without causing sample damage and avoid autofluorescence from biological samples in fluorescence detection...
- Stable copper-nitrosyl formation by nitrite reductase in either oxidation stateElitza I Tocheva
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
Biochemistry 46:12366-74. 2007Nitrite reductase (NiR) is an enzyme that uses type 1 and type 2 copper sites to reduce nitrite to nitric oxide during bacterial denitrification...
- Dual-labeled trastuzumab-based imaging agent for the detection of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 overexpression in breast cancerLakshmi Sampath
Division of Molecular Imaging, Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Nucl Med 48:1501-10. 2007..800CW)(m), that is dual labeled with (111)In, a gamma-emitter, and a near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent dye, IRDye 800CW, to detect HER2 overexpression in breast cancer cells...
- Blend uniformity end-point determination using near-infrared spectroscopy and multivariate calibrationYusuf Sulub
Technical Research and Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, United States
J Pharm Biomed Anal 55:429-34. 2011A multivariate calibration approach using near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy for determining blend uniformity end-point of a pharmaceutical solid dosage form containing 29...
- Reconstitution of the type-1 active site of the H145G/A variants of nitrite reductase by ligand insertionHein J Wijma
Gorlaeus Laboratories, Metallo Protein Group, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 42:4075-83. 2003Variants of the copper-containing nitrite reductase (NiR) of Alcaligenes faecalis S6 were constructed by site-directed mutagenesis, by which the C-terminal histidine ligand (His145) of the Cu in the type-1 site was replaced by an alanine ..
- Uncoupling of the base excision and nucleotide incision repair pathways reveals their respective biological rolesAlexander A Ishchenko
Groupe Réparation de l ADN, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8126, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2564-9. 2006..Alternatively, in the nucleotide incision repair (NIR) pathway, the same AP endonucleases incise DNA 5' of a number of oxidatively damaged bases...
- Impaired interhemispheric integration in brain oxygenation and hemodynamics in schizophreniaF Okada
Health Administration Center, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 244:17-25. 1994..Multi channel near-infrared (NIR) spectrophotometry was used to observed real-time alterations in cerebral oxygenation in areas of both hemispheres ..
- [Optimizing spectral region in using near-infrared spectroscopy for donkey milk analysis]Li Min Zheng
College of Information and Electrical Engineering, China Agricultural University Beijing 100083, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 27:2224-7. 2007..In the present paper, these factors of donkey milk were investigated by Fourier transform near-infrared (FT-NIR) spectroscopy. The ranges of protein, fat and ash contents, and energy value in donkey milk samples were 1.15%-2...
- A flexible multicamera visual-tracking system for detecting and correcting motion-induced artifacts in cardiac SPECT slicesJoseph E McNamara
Department of Radiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester Massachusetts 01655, USA
Med Phys 36:1913-23. 2009..Therefore, the authors investigated the Vicon MX visual-tracking system (VTS) which utilizes near-infrared (NIR) cameras to stereo-image small retroreflective markers on stretchy bands wrapped about the chest and abdomen of ..
- Effect of a tridentate ligand on the structure, electronic structure, and reactivity of the copper(I) nitrite complex: role of the conserved three-histidine ligand environment of the type-2 copper site in copper-containing nitrite reductasesMasato Kujime
Institute for Molecular Science and Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 130:6088-98. 2008..To investigate the structure-function relationship of Cu-NiR, we prepared five new copper(I) nitrite complexes with sterically hindered tris(4-imidazolyl)carbinols [Et-TIC = ..
- In-line and real-time process monitoring of a freeze drying process using Raman and NIR spectroscopy as complementary process analytical technology (PAT) toolsT R M De Beer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 98:3430-46. 2009The aim of the present study was to examine the complementary properties of Raman and near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy as PAT tools for the fast, noninvasive, nondestructive and in-line process monitoring of a freeze drying process...
- Real-time intraoperative assessment of the extrahepatic bile ducts in rats and pigs using invisible near-infrared fluorescent lightEiichi Tanaka
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Surgery 144:39-48. 2008..We hypothesized that with an appropriate fluorophore and imaging system, invisible near-infrared (NIR) light could be used for image-guided procedures on the extrahepatic bile ducts.
- Femtosecond near-infrared laser pulses elicit generation of reactive oxygen species in mammalian cells leading to apoptosis-like deathU K Tirlapur
Laser Microscopy Division, Institute of Anatomy II, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Teichgraben 7, Jena, D 07743, Germany
Exp Cell Res 263:88-97. 2001Two-photon excitation-based near-infrared (NIR) laser scanning microscopy is currently emerging as a new and versatile alternative to conventional confocal laser scanning microscopy, particularly for vital cell imaging in life sciences...
- Dynamic hydrogen-bonding network in the distal pocket of the nitrosyl complex of Pseudomonas aeruginosa cd1 nitrite reductaseMarina Radoul
Department of Chemical Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 133:3043-55. 2011cd(1) nitrite reductase (NIR) is a key enzyme in the denitrification process that reduces nitrite to nitric oxide (NO)...
- Optimization of a pharmaceutical freeze-dried product and its process using an experimental design approach and innovative process analyzersT R M De Beer
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Talanta 83:1623-33. 2011..examine the possibilities/advantages of using recently introduced in-line spectroscopic process analyzers (Raman, NIR and plasma emission spectroscopy), within well-designed experiments, for the optimization of a pharmaceutical ..
- A noninvasive method for assessing interior skin damage caused by chronological aging and photoaging based on near-infrared diffuse reflection spectroscopyYuta Miyamae
POLA Chemical Industries, Inc, Corporate Planning Department, 27 1 Takashimadai, Kanagawa ku, Yokohama 221 0833 Japan
Appl Spectrosc 62:677-81. 2008This paper reports a noninvasive method for evaluating skin aging based on near-infrared diffuse reflectance (NIR-DR) spectroscopy. Skin aging can be attributed to photoaging and chronological aging...
- Investigating the fermentation of cocoa by correlating denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis profiles and near infrared spectraDennis S Nielsen
Department of Food Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, Centre for Advanced Food Studies LMC, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 125:133-40. 2008..Near Infrared (NIR) spectroscopy has previously been used to determine various components in cocoa beans, offering a rapid alternative ..
- Validation of a near-infrared probe for detection of thin intracranial white matter structuresCole A Giller
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8855, USA
J Neurosurg 98:1299-306. 2003The authors have developed an intracranial near-infrared (NIR) probe that analyzes the scattering of light emitted from its tip to measure the optical properties of cerebral tissue...
- Visualizing the effect of gold nanocages on absorption, imaging, and lower critical solution temperature phase transition of individual poly(NiPAM)-based hydrogel particles by near infrared multispectral imaging microscopyIrena Mejac
Department of Chemistry, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, United States
Anal Chem 83:3520-7. 2011We have successfully utilized the near-infrared multispectral imaging (NIR-MSI) microscope to observe and measure directly images and spectra of individual hydrogel particles alone or with added gold nanocages (GNs)...
- Does the reduction of c heme trigger the conformational change of crystalline nitrite reductase?D Nurizzo
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UPR9039 CNRS, IBSM, 31, ch Joseph Aiguier, Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Biol Chem 274:14997-5004. 1999The structures of nitrite reductase from Paracoccus denitrificans GB17 (NiR-Pd) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (NiR-Pa) have been described for the oxidized and reduced state (Fülöp, V., Moir, J. W. B., Ferguson, S. J., and Hajdu, J...
- Experimental evidence for plasmid-borne nor-nir genes in Sinorhizobium meliloti JJ1c10Yiu Kwok Chan
Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Ottawa, ON
Can J Microbiol 50:657-67. 2004In denitrification, nir and nor genes are respectively required for the sequential dissimilatory reduction of nitrite and nitric oxide to form nitrous oxide...
- Preparation and Characterization of Highly Fluorescent, Glutathione-coated Near Infrared Quantum Dots for in Vivo Fluorescence ImagingTakashi Jin
WPI Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan E Mails F F Y K J S Y Y
Int J Mol Sci 9:2044-61. 2008Fluorescent probes that emit in the near-infrared (NIR, 700-1,300 nm) region are suitable as optical contrast agents for in vivo fluorescence imaging because of low scattering and absorption of the NIR light in tissues...
- Diversity and function of Chloroflexus-like bacteria in a hypersaline microbial mat: phylogenetic characterization and impact on aerobic respirationAmi Bachar
Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology, Bremen, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:3975-83. 2007..of Chloroflexus-like bacteria (CLB) in a hypersaline phototrophic microbial mat and assayed their near-infrared (NIR) light-dependent oxygen respiration rates...
- Near-infrared chemical imaging (NIR-CI) on pharmaceutical solid dosage forms-comparing common calibration approachesCarsten Ravn
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:554-61. 2008Near-infrared chemical imaging (NIR-CI) is the fusion of near-infrared spectroscopy and image analysis. It can be used to visualize the spatial distribution of the chemical compounds in a sample (providing a chemical image)...
- Exposure assessment of aluminum arc welding radiationChiung Yu Peng
Graduate Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Kaohsiung Medical Univeristy, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Health Phys 93:298-306. 2007The purpose of this study is to evaluate the non-ionizing radiation (NIR) exposure, especially optical radiation levels, and potential health hazard from aluminum arc welding processes based on the American Conference of Governmental ..
- Use of near infrared femtosecond lasers as sub-micron radiation microbeam for cell DNA damage and repair studiesS W Botchway
STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, R25A, Room 80, Chilton Didcot, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX11OQX, UK
Mutat Res 704:38-44. 2010..This mini-review focuses on the use of near infrared (NIR) ca...
- Colonic adenocarcinomas: near-infrared microcatheter imaging of smart probes for early detection--study in miceHerlen Alencar
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Bldg 149, 13th St, Room 5408, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Radiology 244:232-8. 2007..evaluate the ability of micro-fiberoptic catheters, which simultaneously record white light and near-infrared (NIR) images, to reveal colonic neoplasms after the intravenous administration of activatable "smart" probes ..
- Mixed d-f3 coordination complexes possessing improved near-infrared (NIR) lanthanide luminescent properties in aqueous solutionAline M Nonat
School of Chemistry, Center for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Inorg Chem 49:8449-56. 2010..moiety as a pendant arm, has been used as a ditopic ligand for the complexation of d- and near infrared (NIR) emitting (and) f-metal ions...
- Design and synthesis of highly luminescent near-infrared-emitting water-soluble CdTe/CdSe/ZnS core/shell/shell quantum dotsWenjin Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, Department of Chemistry, and School of Bioengineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Inorg Chem 48:9723-31. 2009Applications of water-dispersible near-infrared (NIR)-emitting quantum dots (QDs) have been hampered by their instability and low photoluminescence (PL) efficiencies...
- New methodology to obtain a calibration model for noninvasive near-infrared blood glucose monitoringKatsuhiko Maruo
Matsushita Electric Works Ltd, Kadoma, Osaka 571 8686, Japan
Appl Spectrosc 60:441-9. 2006..to obtain a calibration model for noninvasive blood glucose monitoring using diffuse reflectance near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy...
- Comparison of the body mass index to other methods of body fat evaluation in ethnic Japanese and Caucasian adolescent girlsM A Sampei
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:400-8. 2001....
- Development of a method for nondestructive NIR transmittance spectroscopic analysis of acetaminophen and caffeine anhydrate in intact bilayer tabletsMasatomo Ito
PAT Committee, Japan Society of Pharmaceutical Machinery and Engineering, Miyoshi Bld 3F, 2 7 3 Kandata cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0046, Japan
J Pharm Biomed Anal 53:396-402. 2010Calibration models for nondestructive NIR analysis of API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) contents in two separate layers of intact bilayer tablets were established...
- Determination of origin and sugars of citrus fruits using genetic algorithm, correspondence analysis and partial least square combined with fiber optic NIR spectroscopyJagdish C Tewari
Department of Fiber Science and Apparel Design, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 71:1119-27. 2008..the sugar constituent's concentrations and the origin of citrus fruits using Fourier Transform Near-Infrared (FT-NIR) spectroscopy in conjunction with Artificial Neural Network (ANN) using genetic algorithm, Chemometrics and ..
- Intermediates of the S(3) state of the oxygen-evolving complex of photosystem IINikolaos Ioannidis
Institute of Materials Science, NCSR Demokritos, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi Attikis, Greece
Biochemistry 41:9589-600. 2002..This second paper examines all intermediates formed by the near-IR light (NIR) excitation of the S(3) state and compares these with the light-excitation products of the S(2)' state...
- Early optical detection of cerebral edema in vivoAmandip S Gill
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
J Neurosurg 114:470-7. 2011..The authors report the development of 2 distinct minimally invasive fiberoptic near-infrared (NIR) techniques able to directly detect early cerebral edema.
- Spectral reflectance from a soybean canopy exposed to elevated CO2 and O3Sharon B Gray
Department of Plant Biology, University of Illinois, 265 Morrill Hall, 505 S Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Exp Bot 61:4413-22. 2010..reflectance was measured weekly and the following indices were calculated from reflectance data: near infrared/red (NIR/red), normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI), canopy chlorophyll content index (chl...
- Studies of the crystallization of amorphous trehalose using simultaneous gravimetric vapor sorption/near IR (GVS/NIR) and "modulated" GVS/NIRAbigail Moran
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:297-302. 2009..The idiosyncratic sample was seen to have a starting near infrared (NIR) spectra similar to that exhibited by anhydrous crystalline trehalose, implying that short-range order in the ..
- [Comparison of PLS and SMLR for nondestructive determination of sugar content in honey peach using NIRS]Hui rong Xu
College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 28:2523-6. 2008Nondestructive fruit quality assessment in packing houses can be carried out using near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy. However, in industrial process, some experimental conditions (e. g...
- Real-time on-line blend uniformity monitoring using near-infrared reflectance spectrometry: a noninvasive off-line calibration approachYusuf Sulub
Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, United States
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:48-54. 2009A robust, noninvasive, real-time, on-line near-infrared (NIR) quantitative method is described for blend uniformity monitoring of a pharmaceutical solid dosage form containing 29...
- Application of a fiber-optic NIR-EFA sensor system for in situ monitoring of aromatic hydrocarbons in contaminated groundwaterJ Buerck
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institut für Instrumentelle Analytik, P O Box 3640, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Hazard Mater 83:11-28. 2001..By using near-infrared (NIR) evanescent field absorption (EFA) measurements in quartz glass fibers coated with a hydrophobic silicone membrane ..
- Spectroscopy of selected copper group minerals: Chalcophyllite and chenevixite-implications for hydrogen bondingRay L Frost
Inorganic Materials Research Program, School of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane QLD 4001 Queensland, Australia
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 77:388-96. 2010b>NIR and IR spectroscopy has been applied for detection of chemical species and the nature of hydrogen bonding in arsenate complexes...
- The semiquinone-ruthenium combination as a remarkably invariant feature in the redox and substitution series [Ru(Q)(n)(acac)(3-n)](m), n = 1-3; m = (-2), -1, 0, +1, (+2); Q = 4,6-Di-tert-butyl-N-phenyl-o-iminobenzoquinoneDipanwita Das
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Inorg Chem 48:11853-64. 2009..transfer behavior, which was analyzed using electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) and UV-vis-near-infrared (NIR) spectroelectrochemistry...
- Unlocking interpretation in near infrared multivariate calibrations by orthogonal partial least squaresHans Stenlund
Computational Life Science Cluster CLIC, Chemical Biology Center KBC, Umea University, SE 90187 Umea, Sweden
Anal Chem 81:203-9. 2009Near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) was developed primarily for applications such as the quantitative determination of nutrients in the agricultural and food industries...
- Coronary NIR stent implantation for refractory variant anginaC Kuppens
Division of Invasive Cardiology, Hartcentrum Hasselt, Virga Jesseziekenhuis, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 53:169-71. 1998..variant angina refractory to maximal medical therapy and at risk of sudden death was successfully treated by a NIR stent implantation on a moderate lesion of LAD. Six months later she was asymptomatic, without in-stent restenosis...
- Gold nanorods with phase-changing polymer corona for remotely near-infrared-triggered drug releaseJi Liu
Center for Education and Research on Macromolecules CERM, Department of Chemistry, University of Liege, Sart Tilman B6a, B 4000 LIEGE Belgium, Fax 32 4 36663497 CNRS, Univ Bordeaux, ICMCB, UPR 9048, F 33600 Pessac France, Fax 33 540002761
Chem Asian J 9:275-88. 2014Herein, we report a new drug-delivery system (DDS) that is comprised of a near-infrared (NIR)-light-sensitive gold-nanorod (GNR) core and a phase-changing poly(ε-caprolactone)-b-poly(ethylene glycol) polymer corona (GNR@PCL-b-PEG)...
- Monitoring lipase-catalyzed interesterification for bulky fat modification with FT-IR/NIR spectroscopyTinghong Chang
BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 53:9841-7. 2005This work demonstrates the application of FT-IR and FT-NIR spectroscopy to monitor the enzymatic interesterification process for bulky fat modification...
- Calibration models for the vinyl acetate concentration in ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymers and its on-line monitoring by near-infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics: use of band shifts associated with variations in the vinyl acetate concentration to imprMasahiro Watari
Environmental and Analytical Products Business Division, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Musashino 180 8750, Japan
Appl Spectrosc 59:912-9. 2005..acetate (VA) concentration in ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers and its on-line monitoring by near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy and chemometrics...
- Raman spectroscopy in combination with background near-infrared autofluorescence enhances the in vivo assessment of malignant tissuesZhiwei Huang
Cancer Imaging Department, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Photochem Photobiol 81:1219-26. 2005The diagnostic ability of optical spectroscopy techniques, including near-infrared (NIR) Raman spectroscopy, NIR autofluorescence spectroscopy and the composite Raman and NIR autofluorescence spectroscopy, for in vivo detection of ..
- Skin blood flow influences near-infrared spectroscopy-derived measurements of tissue oxygenation during heat stressScott L Davis
Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, 7232 Greenville Ave, Suite 435, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
J Appl Physiol 100:221-4. 2006Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy is a noninvasive optical technique that is increasingly used to assess muscle oxygenation during exercise with the assumption that the contribution of skin blood flow to the NIR signal is minor or ..
- In-line near-infrared (NIR) and Raman spectroscopy coupled with principal component analysis (PCA) for in situ evaluation of the transesterification reactionMiriam Fontalvo-Gómez
University of Atlántico, Department of Chemistry, Barranquilla, Colombia
Appl Spectrosc 67:1142-9. 2013Biodiesel was synthesized from different commercially available oils while in-line Raman and near-infrared (NIR) spectra were obtained simultaneously, and the spectral changes that occurred during the reaction were evaluated with ..
- Comparability of Red/Near-Infrared Reflectance and NDVI Based on the Spectral Response Function between MODIS and 30 Other Satellite Sensors Using Rice Canopy SpectraWeijiao Huang
College of Southeast Land Management, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310029, China
Sensors (Basel) 13:16023-50. 2013..index is the normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI), which is a function of the red and near-infrared (NIR) spectral bands...
- In vivo detection of gold-imidazole self-assembly complexes: NIR-SERS signal reportersGlauco R Souza
Department of Chemistry, The George Washington University, Washington, D C 20052, USA
Anal Chem 78:6232-7. 2006..and in vivo detection of self-assembled Au-imidazole by using near-infrared surface-enhanced Raman scattering (NIR-SERS). In vivo, the Au-imidazole structures were administered into tumor-bearing mice and detected noninvasively...
- Analogs of Changsha near-infrared dyes with large Stokes Shifts for bioimagingLin Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan 410082, PR China
Biomaterials 34:9566-71. 2013..Near infrared (NIR) fluorescent probes are favorable to be employed in fluorescence imaging in living animals...
- Clinical and experimental applications of NIR-LED photobiomodulationKristina D Desmet
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 53226, USA
Photomed Laser Surg 24:121-8. 2006This review presents current research on the use of far-red to near-infrared (NIR) light treatment in various in vitro and in vivo models...
- Application of near-infrared and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in the characterization of ligand-induced conformation changes in folate binding protein purified from bovine milk: influence of buffer type and pHSusanne W Bruun
Biochemistry and Nutrition Group, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Spectrosc 60:737-46. 2006Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) and near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy have been applied to detect structural alterations in folate binding protein (FBP) induced by ligation in different buffer types...
- The transfer between instruments of a reflectance near-infrared assay for paracetamol in intact tabletsMark R Smith
Centre for Pharmaceutical Analysis, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, UK WC1N 1AX
Analyst 127:1682-92. 2002This study compares several correction methods to facilitate the transfer of a validated near-infrared (NIR) assay for paracetamol in intact tablets between two reflectance NIR instruments of the same type...
- Comparison of initial efficacy and long-term follow-up of heparin-coated Jostent with conventional NIR stentEnder Semiz
Department of Cardiology, Pamukkale University Medical School, Denizli, Turkey
Jpn Heart J 44:889-98. 2003..after coronary placement of two stent models: the heparin-coated premounted Jostent and the uncoated premounted NIR stent...
- Near-infrared fluorescent deoxyglucose analogue for tumor optical imaging in cell culture and living miceZhen Cheng
Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford MIPS, Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 94305 5344, USA
Bioconjug Chem 17:662-9. 2006..We therefore conjugated D-glucosamine with a near-infrared (NIR) fluorphor Cy5.5 and tested the feasibility of the Cy5.5-D-glucosamine (Cy5...
- Comparison of NIR chemical imaging with conventional NIR, Raman and ATR-IR spectroscopy for quantification of furosemide crystal polymorphs in ternary powder mixturesS A Schönbichler
Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Leopold Franzens University, Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 84:616-25. 2013The aim of this study was to evaluate the ability of near-infrared chemical imaging (NIR-CI), near-infrared (NIR), Raman and attenuated-total-reflectance infrared (ATR-IR) spectroscopy to quantify three polymorphic forms (I, II, III) of ..
- Far red/near infrared light treatment promotes femoral artery collateralization in the ischemic hindlimbNicole L Lohr
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 62:36-42. 2013..Low level irradiation of blood and muscle with light in the far red/near infrared spectrum (670 nm, R/NIR) facilitates NO release...
- Tailor-made cell patterning using a near-infrared-responsive composite gel composed of agarose and carbon nanotubesHaruka Koga
Department of Life and Environment Engineering, The University of Kitakyushu, 1 1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
Biofabrication 5:015010. 2013Micropatterning is useful for regulating culture environments. We developed a highly efficient near-infrared-(NIR)-responsive gel and established a new technique that enables cell patterning by NIR irradiation...
- Construction of NIR and ratiometric fluorescent probe for Hg2+ based on a rhodamine-inspired dye platformJing Liu
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shanxi University, 92 Wucheng Road, Taiyuan 030006, China
Analyst 138:2654-60. 2013..dye (2) bearing 7-diethylaminocoumarin fluorophore was designed as a platform for the construction of an NIR and ratiometric fluorescent probe...
- Open reading frame all0601 from Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120 represents a novel gene, cnaT, required for expression of the nitrate assimilation nir operonJosé E Frías
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad de Sevilla, Centro de Investigaciones Cientificas Isla de la Cartuja, E 41092 Seville, Spain
J Bacteriol 185:5037-44. 2003Expression of the nitrate assimilation nir operon in the filamentous, heterocyst-forming cyanobacterium Anabaena sp...
- On-line multi-analyzer monitoring of biomass, glucose and acetate for growth rate control of a Vibrio cholerae fed-batch cultivationMarian Navratil
Department of Physics and Measurement Technology, Division of Biotechnology, Linkoping University, SE 58183 Linkoping, Sweden
J Biotechnol 115:67-79. 2005In situ near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy and in-line electronic nose (EN) mapping were used to monitor and control a cholera-toxin producing Vibrio cholerae fed-batch cultivation carried out with a laboratory method as well as with a ..
- In vitro and in vivo investigations of upconversion and NIR emitting Gd₂O₃:Er³⁺,Yb³⁺ nanostructures for biomedical applicationsEva Hemmer
Center for Technologies against Cancer, Tokyo University of Science, 2669 Yamazaki, Chiba 278 0022, Japan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 23:2399-412. 2012The use of an "over 1000-nm near-infrared (NIR) in vivo fluorescence bioimaging" system based on lanthanide containing inorganic nanostructures emitting in the visible and NIR range under 980-nm excitation is proposed...
- Design strategy for a near-infrared fluorescence probe for matrix metalloproteinase utilizing highly cell permeable boron dipyrrometheneTakuya Myochin
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 134:13730-7. 2012Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence probes are especially useful for simple and noninvasive in vivo imaging inside the body because of low autofluorescence and high tissue transparency in the NIR region compared with other wavelength ..
- Quantum dot-based near-infrared electrochemiluminescent immunosensor with gold nanoparticle-graphene nanosheet hybrids and silica nanospheres double-assisted signal amplificationJing Wang
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Science, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, PR China
Anal Chem 84:4893-9. 2012Near-infrared electrochemiluminescence (NIR ECL) from quantum dots (QDs) has aroused particular attention. However, whether it is possible to achieve NIR ECL sensing has remained an open question...
- Large photocurrents in single layer graphene thin films: effects of diffusion and driftJames Loomis
Small Systems Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Nanotechnology 23:265203. 2012..of single layer graphene (derived from reduced single layer graphene oxide) upon illumination with near-infrared (NIR) light...
- Relaxation dynamics of Au(25)L(18) nanoclusters studied by femtosecond time-resolved near infrared transient absorption spectroscopyThomas D Green
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA
Nanoscale 4:4111-8. 2012..Continuum pulses were generated in both the visible and near infrared (NIR) spectral regions, providing access to a wide range of transient spectral features...
- NIR fluorophore-hollow gold nanosphere complex for cancer enzyme-triggered detection and hyperthermiaJianting Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 765:323-8. 2013Hollow gold nanospheres (HGN) may be delicately tuned to absorb near infrared light (NIR) by tailoring the diameter-to-shell ratio...
- Pear quality characteristics by Vis / NIR spectroscopyNicácia P Machado
Pós Graduação em Agronomia, Área de Concentração Fruticultura de Clima Temperado, Departamento Fitotecnia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, RS, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 84:853-63. 2012Recently, non-destructive techniques such as the Vis / NIR spectroscopy have been used to evaluate the characteristics of maturation and quality of pears...
- Application of near infrared reflectance spectroscopy to predict meat and meat products quality: A reviewN Prieto
Sustainable Livestock Systems Group, Scottish Agricultural College, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JG, UK
Meat Sci 83:175-86. 2009Over the past three decades, near infrared reflectance (NIR) spectroscopy has been proved to be one of the most efficient and advanced tools for the estimation of quality attributes in meat and meat products...
- Quantifying multimodal contrast agent biological activity using near-infrared flow cytometryMary A Hall
Center for Molecular Imaging, The Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Contrast Media Mol Imaging 7:338-45. 2012..We developed and tested a near-infrared (NIR) flow cytometry (FC) method for quantifying biological activity of a dual-labeled Ab for use as a multimodal ..
- Photobiomodulation enhances nigral dopaminergic cell survival in a chronic MPTP mouse model of Parkinson's diseaseCassandra Peoples
Discipline of Anatomy and Histology F13, University of Sydney, Australia
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:469-76. 2012We have shown previously that photobiomodulation or near-infrared light (NIr) treatment protects dopaminergic cells of the substantia nigra pars compacta (SNc) in an acute MPTP (1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine) model of ..
- A new structural insight into differential interaction of cyanobacterial and plant ferredoxins with nitrite reductase as revealed by NMR and X-ray crystallographic studiesYukiko Sakakibara
Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biochem 151:483-92. 2012..as an electron carrier, forms a transient complex with various Fd-dependent enzymes, such as nitrite reductase (NiR), to achieve efficient intermolecular electron transfer...
- Spontaneous tunneling and near-infrared-induced interconversion between the amino-hydroxy conformers of cytosineIgor Reva
Department of Chemistry, University of Coimbra, 3004 535 Coimbra, Portugal
J Chem Phys 136:064511. 2012Spontaneous and near-infrared/infrared (NIR/IR)-induced interconversions between two amino-hydroxy conformers of monomeric cytosine have been investigated for the compound isolated in a low-temperature argon matrix...
- Online prediction of fatty acid profiles in crossbred Limousin and Aberdeen Angus beef cattle using near infrared reflectance spectroscopyN Prieto
Sustainable Livestock Systems Group, Scottish Agricultural College, Edinburgh EH9 3JG, UK
Animal 5:155-65. 2011The objective of this study was to examine the online use of near infrared reflectance (NIR) spectroscopy to estimate the concentration of individual and groups of fatty acids (FA) as well as intramuscular fat (IMF) in crossbred Aberdeen ..
- An on-line near-infrared (NIR) transmission method for determining depth profiles of fatty acid composition and iodine value in porcine adipose fat tissueKlavs Martin Sørensen
Quality and Technology, Department of Food Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appl Spectrosc 66:218-26. 2012The present work describes a measurement method using spatially resolved near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy to determine porcine carcass fat quality as a function of the distance to the skin by estimating its iodine value (IV)...
- In vivo NIR imaging with PbS quantum dots entrapped in biodegradable micellesJie Cao
Department of Biomedical Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:958-68. 2012In this article, we firstly synthesized oil-soluble PbS quantum dots (QDs) emitting in the near-infrared (NIR) spectral range through a two-phase method, which exhibit a conveniently tunable photoluminescence (PL) emission (from ~750 to ..
- Short wavelength fundus autofluorescence versus near-infrared fundus autofluorescence, with microperimetric correspondence, in patients with geographic atrophy due to age-related macular degenerationElisabetta Pilotto
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua 35128, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 95:1140-4. 2011..standard short-wavelength fundus autofluorescence (SW-FAF) and near infrared-wavelength fundus autofluorescence (NIR-FAF) in detecting geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration, and its retinal ..
- [In hospital and mid-term outcome of patients with NIR stent implantation: multicenter ESPORT-NIR registry]A Iniguez
Unidad Hemodinámica Cardiología Intervencionista Fundación Jiménez Díaz Madrid
Rev Esp Cardiol 54:557-66. 2001..We describe the in-hospital and mid-term outcome of patients undergoing a stent NIR implantation.
- [Application of near infrared spectroscopy in screening Cordyceps militaris mutation strains and optimizing their fermentation process]Wei liang Guo
Department of Chemistry, Capital Normal University, Beijing 100048, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 30:2077-82. 2010..screen high-yield Cordyceps militaris mutations strains and optimize their fermentation process, near infrared (NIR) spectroscopy technology combined with chemometrics has been applied to establishing models for simultaneous ..
- Image-guided tumor resection using real-time near-infrared fluorescence in a syngeneic rat model of primary breast cancerJ Sven D Mieog
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 128:679-89. 2011..Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging is an experimental technique to visualize cancer cells during surgery...
Research Grants101 found, 100 shown here
- Novel Extended Red-Shifted Rhodamine DyesNICHOLAS CAIRNS; Fiscal Year: 2004Fluorescent dyes that operate in the long visible / near infra-red (NIR) region of the electromagnetic spectrum are excellent reporter components of molecular probes, fluorescent ligands, enzyme substrates, imaging contrast agents and ..
- NEAR INFRARED PH-SENSITIVE MOLECULAR PROBES FOR MICROSCOPY OF CELLS AND TISSUESSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2009..cell biology studies can be translated to small animals, and eventually to humans with the same pHsensitive NIR molecular probe because NIR light can penetrate into deep tissues...
- Computational Optical Tomography for Anti-stroke Therapy (R21/R33)Hanli Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..the fast GCR algorithm for 3D tomographic reconstruction of vascular contents and oxygenation based on the CCD/NIR measurements...
- Development of EPR and NIR Oximetry for Diabetic FootMohammad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..will apply 2 emerging techniques; electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) oximetry and near infrared spectroscopy (NIR) to measure tissue oxygenation more directly and reliably in healthy volunteers...
- Dual-Receptor Targeted Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy of Brain CancerAnn Marie Broome; Fiscal Year: 2010..This drug operates in the near infrared (NIR) spectral range, which penetrates brain tissue most efficiently for both diagnostic optical imaging and ..
- Role of Genes in Exceptional Longevity in HumansNir Barzilai; Fiscal Year: 2007..PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR: Dr. Nir Barzilai is a Professor of Medicine and Molecular Genetics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, ..
- NIR Imaging of Sentinel Nodes in Lung Cancer: Finding MicrometastasesYolonda L Colson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed an optical imaging platform that utilizes invisible near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent light combined with color video, to provide the surgeon with real-time, intraoperative image guidance ..
- A Platform for Cancer Biomarker Validation: Image Fusion Using NIR FluorescenceAli Kamen; Fiscal Year: 2010..To solve this problem, our laboratory has developed new near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence technology that permits simultaneous (same slide) immunostaining and hematoxylin/eosin (H&E) ..
- Development of a Handheld Transflectance Finger Noninvasive Glucose MonitorHANNU HARJUNMAA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Their operations are based on measurements of near-infrared (NIR) light attenuation by glucose using the patented Optical BridgeTM (OB) method...
- OXYGENASE ENZYME MECHANISMJohn D Lipscomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..active site mutants in conjunction with transient kinetics, spectroscopy (optical, EPR, ENDOR, rRaman, NMR, EXAFS, NIR CD, MCD, and M"ssbauer), and crystallography to trap and characterize intermediates in the oxygen activation, O-O ..
- OXYGENASE ENZYME MECHANISMJohn Lipscomb; Fiscal Year: 2009..active site mutants in conjunction with transient kinetics, spectroscopy (optical, EPR, ENDOR, rRaman, NMR, EXAFS, NIR CD, MCD, and M"ssbauer), and crystallography to trap and characterize intermediates in the oxygen activation, O-O ..
- Multi-Spectral Parallel-Plate Diffuse Optical Breast TomographyArjun Yodh; Fiscal Year: 2009..tumor screening, diagnostic and monitoring capabilities of diffuse optical tomography (DOT) with near infrared (NIR) light...
- Multi-Spectral Parallel-Plate Diffuse Optical Breast TomographyArjun G Yodh; Fiscal Year: 2010..tumor screening, diagnostic and monitoring capabilities of diffuse optical tomography (DOT) with near infrared (NIR) light...
- Diagnostic Cancer Imaging using NIR Fluorescent Agents and FDPMEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2007..clinical tomographic measurements using low-dose non-specific indocyanine green (ICG) and a molecularly targeting NIR dye; (2) utilize novel "state-of-the-art" adaptive finite element methods in forward and inverse imaging solutions ..
- Diagnostic Cancer Imaging using NIR Fluorescent Agents and FDPMEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2009..clinical tomographic measurements using low-dose non-specific indocyanine green (ICG) and a molecularly targeting NIR dye; (2) utilize novel "state-of-the-art" adaptive finite element methods in forward and inverse imaging solutions ..
- Accuracy of Diffuse Optical Tomography Using 3d cameraSTEVEN YI; Fiscal Year: 2006..DOT in the near-infrared (NIR) has re-emerged as a promising imaging modality and dramatically improved our ability to localize and qualify ..
- Assessing Angiogenesis by Near-Infrared ImagingChun Li; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) The long-term goal of this research is to develop near-infrared (NIR) excitable fluorescent contrast agents that target angiogenic blood vessels and enable noninvasive assessment of antiangiogenic ..
- Spectral-Encoding for Video-Rate Hemodynamic TomographyBrian Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2007Near-Infrared (NIR) spectroscopic tomography has been emerging as a method to image blood-based contrast in tissue...
- B cells and draining lymph node function in arthritic flairEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2009..TNF-Tg) mouse model of RA to developed: contrast enhanced (CE) MRI, near-infrared indocyanine green (NIR-ICG)-imaging and in vivo micro-CT in order to visualize and quantify changes in soft tissues, lymphatic flow, and ..
- B cells and draining lymph node function in arthritic flairEdward M Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2010..TNF-Tg) mouse model of RA to developed: contrast enhanced (CE) MRI, near-infrared indocyanine green (NIR-ICG)-imaging and in vivo micro-CT in order to visualize and quantify changes in soft tissues, lymphatic flow, and ..
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2009..spectroscopic lines for raman tags and (4) band-gap fluorescence or photoluminescence properties in the near IR (NIR) for fluorescence imaging and detection...
- Carbon Nanotubes as Multi-functional Spectroscopic Markers and Delivery Agents foHongjie Dai; Fiscal Year: 2010..spectroscopic lines for raman tags and (4) band-gap fluorescence or photoluminescence properties in the near IR (NIR) for fluorescence imaging and detection...
- Image-Guided Surgery of Endocrine Glands and Their Tumors using Near-Infrared FluJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our hypothesis is that near-infrared (NIR) fluorophores targeted to endocrine glands and their tumors will provide surgeons with sensitive, specific, and ..
- 2 & 3D Imaging of Contrast Agents in Animal ModelsBritton Chance; Fiscal Year: 2004Near Infrared (NIR) optical imaging technologies provide sensitive localization of small heterogeneities deep within the human breast using intrinsic absorption (mua) and scattering (mus')...
- Intraoperative Near-Infrared Fluorescence ImagingJohn V Frangioni; Fiscal Year: 2010Our hypothesis is that near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence has the potential to revolutionize image-guided surgery...
- MOLECULAR PROBES AND METHODS FOR FLUORESCENCE LIFETIME TOMOGRAPHY AND MICROSCOPYSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is particularly true for near infrared (NIR) optical imaging that allows for assessment of tissue beyond the superficial layer...
- Functional lymph angiography with NIR imagingEva M Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2010..application, we seek to develop functional 2-D lymph imaging as well as 3-D lymph angiography using near-infrared (NIR) time independent and dependent techniques and associated imaging agents...
- Functional lymph angiography with NIR imagingEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2009..application, we seek to develop functional 2-D lymph imaging as well as 3-D lymph angiography using near-infrared (NIR) time independent and dependent techniques and associated imaging agents...
- MOLECULAR PROBES AND METHODS FOR FLUORESCENCE LIFETIME TOMOGRAPHY AND MICROSCOPYSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is particularly true for near infrared (NIR) optical imaging that allows for assessment of tissue beyond the superficial layer...
- Molecularly guided multimodal theranostics for breast cancerAmit Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2010..cancer nanotherapeutics based on the photothermal response of gold nanostructures designed to absorb near-infrared (NIR), tissue-penetrating light has exhibited near 100% efficacy in the remission of tumors: this stands as one of the ..
- Fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva M Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2010..systems into the gantry of the Inveon CT which can be coupled into the Inveon PET for hybrid CT, PET, and NIR optical tomography;(2) Build an animal bed compatible for CT, PET, and NIR tomography which facilitates ..
- Fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2009..systems into the gantry of the Inveon CT which can be coupled into the Inveon PET for hybrid CT, PET, and NIR optical tomography; (2) Build an animal bed compatible for CT, PET, and NIR tomography which facilitates ..
- Mechanisms of photobiomodulation in myocardial reperfusion injuryPhillip F Pratt; Fiscal Year: 2010..those mechanisms involved in the cardioprotective effect of light in the red to near infrared range (630-1,000 nm;NIR)...
- NEAR INFRARED PH-SENSITIVE MOLECULAR PROBES FOR MICROSCOPY OF CELLS AND TISSUESSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2009..cell biology studies can be translated to small animals, and eventually to humans with the same pHsensitive NIR molecular probe because NIR light can penetrate into deep tissues...
- NEAR INFRARED PH-SENSITIVE MOLECULAR PROBES FOR MICROSCOPY OF CELLS AND TISSUESSamuel Achilefu; Fiscal Year: 2010..cell biology studies can be translated to small animals, and eventually to humans with the same pHsensitive NIR molecular probe because NIR light can penetrate into deep tissues...
- Targeted Near-Infrared Probes for Image-Guided Cancer InterventionsDiego Rey; Fiscal Year: 2007We will develop tools for near-infrared (NIR) image-guided interventions through the design, creation and testing of nanoscale imaging probes. This proposed effort will be accomplished through three aims...
- Donor Stem Cells, Campath, T/B Cell Regulation In HLA-Identical Renal TransplantsJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..minor histocompatibility antigens (mHAgs), and also what we designate herein as "new immune response genes" ('nIR' genes)...
- Donor Stem Cells, Campath, T/B Cell Regulation In HLA-Identical Renal TransplantsJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..minor histocompatibility antigens (mHAgs), and also what we designate herein as "new immune response genes" ('nIR'genes)...
- Donor Stem Cells, Campath, T/B Cell Regulation In HLA-Identical Renal TransplantsJoshua Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..minor histocompatibility antigens (mHAgs), and also what we designate herein as "new immune response genes" ('nIR' genes)...
- Quantum Dots for NIR Fluorescence Imaging of Tumor AngiogenesisXiaoyuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..objective of this application is to develop cyclic RGD peptide conjugated quantum dots (QDs) for near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging of avÂ¿3 integrin expression in vivo...
- Ultra-Low Background NIR Fluorophores for In Vivo Imaging and Image-Guided SurgerJOHN V contact FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2010Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence has the potential to revolutionize image-guided surgery. However, ideal fluorophores for in vivo, and eventually clinical, use have not yet been described...
- Molecular optical coherence tomography for monitoring cancer therapyMelissa Skala; Fiscal Year: 2007..photothermal OCT system will include a pre-existing Doppler OCT system and an amplitude-modulated near infrared (NIR) heating laser...
- NIR TUNABLE LASER TISSUE WELDINGROBERT ALFANO; Fiscal Year: 2007..The outcome of the proposed research will have profound impact on wound healing and plastic surgery. ..