Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NFATC1
Description: nuclear factor of activated T-cells, cytoplasmic, calcineurin-dependent 1
Alias: NF-ATC, NFAT2, NFATc, NFAT transcription complex cytosolic component, nuclear factor of activated T-cells, cytoplasmic 1
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- Transcription factors of the NFAT family: regulation and functionA Rao
Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 15:707-47. 1997....
- The T cell activation factor NF-ATc positively regulates HIV-1 replication and gene expression in T cellsS Kinoshita
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Immunity 6:235-44. 1997..These results link regulatory factors critical to T cell commitment directly to HIV-1 replication...
- Essential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in cathepsin K gene expression during osteoclastogenesis through association of NFATc1 and PU.1Masahito Matsumoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:45969-79. 2004..constructs of the cathepsin K gene promoter indicates that limited sets of the transcription factors such as NFATc1, PU...
- Vav exchange factor counteracts the HIV-1 Nef-mediated decrease of plasma membrane GM1 and NF-AT activity in T cellsLoretta Tuosto
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 33:2186-96. 2003....
- Expression of human endogenous retrovirus type K (HML-2) is activated by the Tat protein of HIV-1Marta J Gonzalez-Hernandez
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Virol 86:7790-805. 2012..These studies demonstrate that HIV-1 Tat plays an important role in activating expression of HERV-K (HML-2) in the setting of HIV-1 infection...
- Synergistic activation of NFAT by HIV-1 nef and the Ras/MAPK pathwayA Manninen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, P O Box 607, FIN 33101 and the Department of Clinical Chemistry, Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, FIN 33521, Tampere, Finland
J Biol Chem 275:16513-7. 2000....
- Cutting edge: Transcriptional activity of NFATc1 is enhanced by the Pim-1 kinaseEeva Marja Rainio
Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku Abo Akademi University, and Turku Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Turku, Finland
J Immunol 168:1524-7. 2002..In this study we demonstrate that Pim-1 can physically interact with the NFATc1 transcription factor and phosphorylate it in vitro on several serine residues...
- The role of NFAT transcription factors in integrin-mediated carcinoma invasionSebastien Jauliac
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston MA 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:540-4. 2002..These observations show that NFATs are targets of alpha(6)beta(4) integrin signalling and are involved in promoting carcinoma invasion, highlighting a novel function for this family of transcription factors in human cancer...
- HIV-1 Nef interacts with inositol trisphosphate receptor to activate calcium signaling in T cellsAki Manninen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere FIN 33014, Finland
J Exp Med 195:1023-32. 2002....
- Counteraction of HLA-C-mediated immune control of HIV-1 by NefAnke Specht
Institute of Molecular Virology, University Hospital of Ulm, Meyerhofstr 1, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Virol 84:7300-11. 2010..Thus, while high HLA-C expression may generally facilitate control of HIV-1, Nef may counteract HLA-C-mediated immune control in some individuals indirectly, by manipulating T-cell function and MHC-II antigen presentation...
- Generic signals and specific outcomes: signaling through Ca2+, calcineurin, and NF-ATG R Crabtree
Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical School, California 94062, USA
Cell 96:611-4. 1999
- Inhibition of AMP-activated protein kinase suppresses IL-2 expression through down-regulation of NF-AT and AP-1 activation in Jurkat T cellsBong Sook Jhun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:986-92. 2006..These results suggest that AMPK mediates IL-2 production by regulating NF-AT and AP-1activation during T cell stimulation...
- Regulation of protease-activated receptor-1 by vasodilatory prostaglandins via NFATAnke C Rosenkranz
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Klinische Pharmakologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 83:778-84. 2009..This study examines the downstream mechanisms, particularly the role of nuclear factor of activated T-cells (NFAT)...
- Inhibition of cellular functions of HIV-1 Nef by artificial SH3 domainsM Hiipakka
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere, FIN 33014, Finland
Virology 286:152-9. 2001..Thus, RT-loop-modified SH3 domains represent a novel approach for selectively interfering with cellular signaling events, which could be exploited in research as well as in therapeutic applications...
- The Nef protein of HIV-1 associates with rafts and primes T cells for activationJ K Wang
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Geneva, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:394-9. 2000..Overall, these data suggest that Nef acts at the level of rafts to prime T cells for activation. Likely consequences of this effect are the promotion of HIV-1 replication and the facilitation of virus spread...
- 1-Alpha, 25-dihydroxy vitamin D3 inhibits osteoclastogenesis through IFN-beta-dependent NFATc1 suppressionSadaoki Sakai
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 27:643-52. 2009..1alpha,25(OH)(2)D(3) inhibited the expression of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1, also referred as NFAT2), an essential transcription factor for osteoclast differentiation, and upregulated the ..
- Aberrant activation of nuclear factor of activated T cell 2 in lamina propria mononuclear cells in ulcerative colitisTsung Chieh Shih
Clinical Proteomics Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 14:1759-67. 2008To investigate the role of nuclear factor of activated T cell 2 (NFAT2), the major NFAT protein in peripheral T cells, in sustained T cell activation and intractable inflammation in human ulcerative colitis (UC).
- PU.1 and NFATc1 mediate osteoclastic induction of the mouse beta3 integrin promoterTania N Crotti
The New England Baptist Bone and Joint Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cell Physiol 215:636-44. 2008..We previously showed that an evolutionary conserved NFATc1 binding site is required for RANKL induction and NFATc1 transactivation of the human beta(3) promoter...
- Activation of NFAT-dependent gene expression by Nef: conservation among divergent Nef alleles, dependence on SH3 binding and membrane association, and cooperation with protein kinase C-thetaA Manninen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
J Virol 75:3034-7. 2001..Cotransfection of an activated protein kinase C-theta (PKC-theta) with Nef implicated PKC-theta as a possible physiological cofactor of Nef in promoting NFAT-dependent gene expression and T-cell activation...
- Endothelin-1-dependent nuclear factor of activated T lymphocyte signaling associates with transcriptional coactivator p300 in the activation of the B cell leukemia-2 promoter in cardiac myocytesTeruhisa Kawamura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Circ Res 94:1492-9. 2004..We show here that p300 markedly potentiates the binding of NFATc1 to the bcl-2 NFAT element by interacting with NFATc1 in an E1A-dependent manner...
- MCP-1-induced human osteoclast-like cells are tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase, NFATc1, and calcitonin receptor-positive but require receptor activator of NFkappaB ligand for bone resorptionMichael S Kim
School of Medical Science, Griffith University Gold Coast Campus, Queensland, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:1274-85. 2006..of other osteoclast markers, including nuclear factor of activated t cells, cytoplasmic, calcineurin-dependent 1 (NFATc1)...
- Nucleolin modulates the subcellular localization of GDNF-inducible zinc finger protein 1 and its roles in transcription and cell proliferationAtsushi Dambara
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Exp Cell Res 313:3755-66. 2007..Finally, we found that knockdown of GZF1 and nucleolin expression markedly impaired cell proliferation. These findings suggest that the physiological functions of GZF1 may be regulated by the protein's association with nucleolin...
- Foxp3 interacts with nuclear factor of activated T cells and NF-kappa B to repress cytokine gene expression and effector functions of T helper cellsEstelle Bettelli
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5138-43. 2005....
- NFAT: ubiquitous regulator of cell differentiation and adaptationValerie Horsley
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cell Biol 156:771-4. 2002..This review addresses the recent data implicating NFAT in the control of gene expression influencing the development and adaptation of numerous mammalian cell types...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat increases cooperation between AP-1 and NFAT transcription factors in T cellsAlicia M Hidalgo-Estévez
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa CSIC UAM, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Gen Virol 87:1603-12. 2006..HIV-1 Tat interacted with NFAT but not c-Jun. These results indicate that Tat interacts with NFAT, affecting its cooperation with AP-1, without altering independent binding of these transcription factors to DNA...
- HIV-1 gp120 induces NFAT nuclear translocation in resting CD4+ T-cellsClaudia Cicala
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1876, USA
Virology 345:105-14. 2006..These observations provide insight into a potential mechanism by which HIV is able to establish infection in resting cells, which may have implications for both transmission of HIV and the persistence of viral reservoirs...
- Polycystin-1 activates the calcineurin/NFAT (nuclear factor of activated T-cells) signaling pathwaySanjeev Puri
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 279:55455-64. 2004....
- Epigenetic changes and suppression of the nuclear factor of activated T cell 1 (NFATC1) promoter in human lymphomas with defects in immunoreceptor signalingAskar Akimzhanov
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 172:215-24. 2008The nuclear factor of activated T cell 1 (Nfatc1) locus is a common insertion site for murine tumorigenic retroviruses, suggesting a role of transcription factor NFATc1 in lymphomagenesis...
- Regulation of T cell activation by HIV-1 accessory proteins: Vpr acts via distinct mechanisms to cooperate with Nef in NFAT-directed gene expression and to promote transactivation by CREBAnna L Lahti
Institute of Medical Technology, FIN 33014 University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Virology 310:190-6. 2003..These results provide additional evidence for cell cycle-independent regulation of gene expression by Vpr and implicate CREB as a potentially important target for Vpr action in HIV-infected host cells...
- Cloning and chromosomal localization of the human and murine genes for the T-cell transcription factors NFATc and NFATpX Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5428
Cytogenet Cell Genet 68:185-91. 1995..capable of functioning as the pre-existing (p) and cytosolic (c) component of the NFAT transcription complex, NFATc of human and NFATp of murine origin (Northrop et al., 1994; McCaffrey et al., 1993b)...
- Alternative polyadenylation events contribute to the induction of NF-ATc in effector T cellsS Chuvpilo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Immunity 10:261-9. 1999..These alternative polyadenylation events ensure the rapid accumulation of high concentrations of NF-ATc necessary to exceed critical threshold levels of NF-ATc for gene induction in effector T cells...
- Characterization of a new isoform of the NFAT (nuclear factor of activated T cells) gene family member NFATcJ Park
Department of Pathology, Roger Williams Medical Center Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
J Biol Chem 271:20914-21. 1996..The cDNA clone encodes a new isoform, NFATc.beta, of the NFAT gene family member NFATc (designated here NFATc.alpha). The amino acid sequence of NFATc...
- Cyclosporin A sensitivity of the HIV-1 long terminal repeat identifies distinct p56lck-dependent pathways activated by CD4 triggeringM M Di Somma
Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, Italy
Eur J Immunol 26:2181-8. 1996..A functional analysis of different CD4 epitopes using either anti-CD4 mAb or HIV-1 gp120 reveals a common epitope-specific activation of both the LTR and of the transcription factors NF-kappa B and NF-AT...
- Interaction of HIV gp120 and anti-CD4 antibodies with the CD4 molecule on human CD4+ T cells inhibits the binding activity of NF-AT, NF-kappa B and AP-1, three nuclear factors regulating interleukin-2 gene enhancer activityN Jabado
INSERM U 132, Hopital, Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 24:2646-52. 1994....
- NF-AT components define a family of transcription factors targeted in T-cell activationJ P Northrop
Department of Developmental Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical School, California 94305
Nature 369:497-502. 1994..Agents that increase intracellular Ca2+ or activate protein kinase C independently modify NF-ATc, indicating that distinct signalling pathways converge on NF-ATc to regulate its function...
- Nuclear export of NF-ATc enhanced by glycogen synthase kinase-3C R Beals
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Science 275:1930-4. 1997..Because GSK-3 responds to signals initiated by Wnt and other ligands, NF-AT family members could be effectors of these pathways...
- Co-operative interactions between NFAT (nuclear factor of activated T cells) c1 and the zinc finger transcription factors Sp1/Sp3 and Egr-1 regulate MT1-MMP (membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase) transcription by glomerular mesangial cellsMaria Alejandra Alfonso-Jaume
The Department of Medicine, San Francisco VAMC University of California, 111J Medical Service, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem J 380:735-47. 2004..Suppression of MT1-MMP by commonly used calcineurin inhibitors may play a role in the development of renal fibrosis following renal transplantation...
- Host control of HIV-1 parasitism in T cells by the nuclear factor of activated T cellsS Kinoshita
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305, USA
Cell 95:595-604. 1998..We show that the transcription factor NFATc was sufficient as a cellular factor to induce a highly permissive state for HIV-1 replication in primary CD4+ T ..
- Expression and function of the nuclear factor of activated T cells in colon carcinoma cells: involvement in the regulation of cyclooxygenase-2Javier Duque
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 280:8686-93. 2005..Here we provide evidence that NFATc1 and NFATc2 are expressed in human colon carcinoma cell lines...
- NF-kappaB regulates thrombin-induced ICAM-1 gene expression in cooperation with NFAT by binding to the intronic NF-kappaB site in the ICAM-1 geneJiaping Xue
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Physiol Genomics 38:42-53. 2009..Here we show that PAR-1 activation induces binding of both p65/RelA and NFATc1 to the NF-kappaB binding site localized in intron-1 of the ICAM-1 gene to initiate transcription in endothelial ..
- T-cell activation leads to poor activation of the HIV-1 clade E long terminal repeat and weak association of nuclear factor-kappaB and NFAT with its enhancer regionAnne Marie Lemieux
Centre de Recherche en Infectiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Pavillon CHUL, 2705 Blvd Laurier, Sainte Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:52949-60. 2004....
- Crystal structure of NFAT bound to the HIV-1 LTR tandem kappaB enhancer elementDarren L Bates
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0215, USA
Structure 16:684-94. 2008..Our studies provide a basis for further investigating the functional mechanisms of NFAT in HIV-1 transcription and replication...
- Induction of DC-STAMP by alternative activation and downstream signaling mechanismsMitsuru Yagi
Department of Cell Differentiation, The Sakaguchi Laboratory, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:992-1001. 2007..Here, we show that dc-stamp expression and cell-cell fusion are regulated in a cell type-specific manner...
- Effects on osteoclast and osteoblast activities in cultured mouse calvarial bones by synovial fluids from patients with a loose joint prosthesis and from osteoarthritis patientsMartin K Andersson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, Karolinska Institute, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R18. 2007..The mRNA expressions of nfat2 (nuclear factor of activated T cells 2) and oscar (osteoclast-associated receptor) were enhanced only by SFs from ..
- RANK ligand signaling modulates the matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene expression during osteoclast differentiationKumaran Sundaram
Charles P Darby Children s Research Institute, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:168-78. 2007..identified the presence of binding motif (-1123 bp to -1153 bp) for the nuclear factor of activated T cells 1 (NFATc1) transcription factor...
- TRAF2 is essential for TNF-alpha-induced osteoclastogenesisKiyoshi Kanazawa
Department of Life Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:840-7. 2005..Using this system, we showed that TRAF2 is required for TNF-alpha-induced osteoclastogenesis...
- Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma inhibits TNF-alpha-mediated osteoclast differentiation in human peripheral monocytes in part via suppression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expressionHiroyuki Hounoki
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toyama, Sugitani 2630, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Bone 42:765-74. 2008..both agonists inhibited the protein and gene expressions of nuclear factor of activated T-cell isoform c1 (NFATc1), c-Fos, c-Jun and NF-kappaB p65, which are known to be associated with osteoclastogenesis...
- Evidence that calcineurin is required for the genesis of bone-resorbing osteoclastsLi Sun
Mount Sinai Bone Program and Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F285-91. 2007..In addition, the expression of NFATc1, as well as the alternative substrate for calcineurin, IkappaBalpha, was significantly enhanced...
- Mechanistic insight into osteoclast differentiation in osteoimmunologyHiroshi Takayanagi
Department of Cellular Physiological Chemistry, COE Program for Frontier Research on Molecular Destruction and Reconstruction of Tooth and Bone, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:170-9. 2005..The autoamplification of NFATc1 gene results in the efficient induction of osteoclast-specific genes...
- Serum calcium-decreasing factor, caldecrin, inhibits osteoclast differentiation by suppression of NFATc1 activityHiroya Hasegawa
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Oral Biology and Tissue Engineering, Meikai University, School of Dentistry, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:25448-57. 2010..Caldecrin inhibited accumulation of the RANKL-stimulated nuclear factor of activated T-cells, cytoplasmic 1 (NFATc1) mRNA in bone marrow cells, which is a key transcription factor for the differentiation of osteoclasts...
- RGS12 is essential for RANKL-evoked signaling for terminal differentiation of osteoclasts in vitroShuying Yang
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:45-54. 2007..RGS12 may play a critical role in the RANKL-evoked PLCgamma-calcium channels-[Ca(2+)](i) oscillation-NFAT2 pathway.
- VEGF-A expression in osteoclasts is regulated by NF-kappaB induction of HIF-1alphaDiana P Trebec-Reynolds
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Biochem 110:343-51. 2010..investigate the mechanism of Vegfa induction, specific inhibitors for the transcription factors NF-kappaB, AP-1, NFATc1, and HIF-1 were used...
- Phytoestrogens directly inhibit TNF-α-induced bone resorption in RAW264.7 cells by suppressing c-fos-induced NFATc1 expressionSahar Karieb
School of Biomedical and Biological Sciences, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, UK
J Cell Biochem 112:476-87. 2011..had no effect on caspase 3/7 activity or cell viability they did significantly reduce TNF-α-induced c-fos and NFATc1 expression in an ER dependent manner and also inhibited NFATc1 nuclear translocation...
- Interleukin-27 inhibits human osteoclastogenesis by abrogating RANKL-mediated induction of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 and suppressing proximal RANK signalingGeorge D Kalliolias
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:402-13. 2010..This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of IL-27 on human osteoclastogenesis, to determine whether IL-27 can stimulate or attenuate the osteoclast-mediated bone resorption that is a hallmark of RA...
- Osteoclast precursors acquire sensitivity to breast cancer derived factors early in differentiationYubin Guo
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bone 43:386-93. 2008..Expression of key osteoclastogenic transcription factor NFATc1 in osteoclast precursors was dramatically increased by short treatment with RANKL...
- The mechanism of osteoclast differentiation induced by IL-1Jung Ha Kim
National Research Laboratory for Regulation of Bone Metabolism and Disease, Medical Research Center for Gene Regulation, Brain Korea 21, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Immunol 183:1862-70. 2009..The expression of IL-1RI is up-regulated by RANKL via c-Fos and NFATc1. Furthermore, the addition of IL-1 to IL-1RI overexpressing BMMs (IL-1/IL-1RI) strongly activates NF-kappaB, JNK, ..
- Interleukin-32 promotes osteoclast differentiation but not osteoclast activationGuillaume Mabilleau
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
PLoS ONE 4:e4173. 2009..IL-32 has the typical properties of a pro-inflammatory mediator and although its role in rheumatoid arthritis has been recently reported its effect on the osteoclastogenesis process remains unclear...
- Modeled microgravity and hindlimb unloading sensitize osteoclast precursors to RANKL-mediated osteoclastogenesisRitu Saxena
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
J Bone Miner Metab 29:111-22. 2011..precursors; however, 24 h of MMG activates osteoclastogenesis-related signaling molecules ERK, p38, PLCγ2, and NFATc1. Receptor activator of NFkB ligand (RANKL) (with or without M-CSF) stimulation for 3-4 days in gravity of cells ..
- Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on synovial cells attenuated interleukin-6-induced inhibition of osteoclastogenesis induced by receptor activator for nuclear factor κB ligandM Suzuki
Product Research Department, Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratories, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, 1 135 Komakado, Gotemba, Shizuoka, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 163:88-95. 2011..tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase isoform 5b (TRAP5b) and nuclear factor of activated T cells cytoplasmic 1 (NFATc1), whereas the co-addition of IL-6 decreased them both in a dose-dependent manner...
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..In addition, the nuclear translocation of NFATc1 in the endocardial endothelial cells is inhibited in the Nkx2-5-/- embryos...
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) signaling regulates PTEN expression and intestinal cell differentiationQingding Wang
Department of Surgery, The University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:412-20. 2011The nuclear factor of activated T cell (NFAT) proteins are a family of transcription factors (NFATc1-c4) involved in the regulation of cell differentiation and adaptation...
- Lysophosphatidic acid signals through multiple receptors in osteoclasts to elevate cytosolic calcium concentration, evoke retraction, and promote cell survivalDanielle M Lapierre
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London N6A 5C1, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:25792-801. 2010..LPA induced nuclear translocation of NFATc1 and enhanced osteoclast survival, effects that were blocked by VPC-32183 or by a specific peptide inhibitor of ..
- T-cell leukemia translocation-associated gene (TCTA) protein is required for human osteoclastogenesisShigeru Kotake
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 10 22 Kawada cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Bone 45:627-39. 2009..We examined the effect of the peptide on the expression of both mRNA and protein of NFATc1. We also examined the effect of RANKL on the expression of mRNA of the molecule on osteoclasts and macrophages...
- Specificity of RGS10A as a key component in the RANKL signaling mechanism for osteoclast differentiationShuying Yang
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Sci 120:3362-71. 2007..RGS10A silencing by RNA interference blocked intracellular [Ca2+]i oscillations, the expression of NFAT2, and osteoclast terminal differentiation in both bone marrow cells and osteoclast precursor cell lines...
- The Rho GTPase Wrch1 regulates osteoclast precursor adhesion and migrationHélène Brazier
Centre de Recherche de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, Montpellier University, CNRS, UMR 5237, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1391-401. 2009..Suppression of Wrch1 did not prevent induction of classical osteoclastic markers such as NFATc1, Src, TRAP (Tartrate-Resistant Acid Phosphatase) or cathepsin K...
- Transforming growth factor beta blocks Tec kinase phosphorylation, Ca2+ influx, and NFATc translocation causing inhibition of T cell differentiationChang Hung Chen
Vion Pharmaceuticals, Incorporated, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Exp Med 197:1689-99. 2003..Calcium influx in activated T cells and the subsequent activation of transcription factors such as NFATc, events essential for T cell differentiation, are modulated by the Tec kinases that are downstream of the T cell ..
- Embryonic heart failure in NFATc1-/- mice: novel mechanistic insights from in utero ultrasound biomicroscopyColin K L Phoon
Pediatric Cardiology Program, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Circ Res 95:92-9. 2004..Using in utero ultrasound biomicroscopy (UBM), we studied embryonic day (E) 10.5 to 14.5 NFATc1-/- embryos and control littermates...
- Cardiac outflow tract: a review of some embryogenetic aspects of the conotruncal region of the heartAngelo Restivo
Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 288:936-43. 2006....
- SH3BP2 is rarely mutated in exon 9 in giant cell lesions outside cherubismSteven A Lietman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 459:22-7. 2007..therefore hypothesized SH3BP2 and its putative downstream effector nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 isoform (NFATc1) are highly expressed in sporadic nonsyndromic giant cell lesions and associated with somatic SH3BP2 mutations...
- Mechanisms of Ca2+-dependent calcineurin activation in mechanical stretch-induced hypertrophyCarsten Zobel
Laboratory of Muscle Research and Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cardiology 107:281-90. 2007..Stretch increased the calcineurin activity, MCIP1 gene expression and DNA binding of NFATc as well as the protein/DNA ratio and ANP mRNA in a significant manner...
- Calcineurin-NFAT signaling is involved in phenylephrine-induced vascular smooth muscle cell proliferationXiao Pang
Department of Cardiology, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 30:537-44. 2009..The calcineurin-NFAT pathway plays a role in regulating growth and differentiation in various cell types. We investigated whether the calcineurin-NFAT pathway was involved in the regulation of phenylephrine-induced VSMC proliferation...
- The small molecule harmine regulates NFATc1 and Id2 expression in osteoclast progenitor cellsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Bone 49:264-74. 2011..assay demonstrated that harmine directly inhibited the DYRK1A-mediated phosphorylation (in-activation) of NFATc1. Harmine promoted the dephosphorylation (activation) of NFATc1 in RAW264...
- Mechanism of nuclear factor of activated T-cells mediated FasL expression in corticosterone -treated mouse Leydig tumor cellsWei Ran Chai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, PR China
BMC Cell Biol 9:31. 2008..It is not clear yet how NFAT is involved in CORT-induced up-regulation of FasL. The aim of the present study is to investigate the molecular mechanisms of NFAT-mediated FasL expression in CORT-treated Leydig cells...
- CCR1 acts downstream of NFAT2 in osteoclastogenesis and enhances cell migrationNorihiro Ishida
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:48-57. 2006We found that a chemokine receptor gene, CCR1, acts downstream of NFAT2 in RANKL-stimulated RAW264 and bone marrow cells. The upstream regulatory region of CCR1 showed RANKL-dependent and CsA-suppressible promoter activity...
- CD5 promotes IL-10 production in chronic lymphocytic leukemia B cells through STAT3 and NFAT2 activationSoizic Garaud
EA2216 Immunology and Pathology, IFR 148 ScInBioS, European University of Brittany, F29609 Brest, France
J Immunol 186:4835-44. 2011..STAT3 is activated via phosphorylation of serine 727 but also NFAT2 through its translocation into the nucleus...
- DSCR1 gene expression is dependent on NFATc1 during cardiac valve formation and colocalizes with anomalous organ development in trisomy 16 miceAlexander W Lange
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Children s Medical Center Cincinnati ML 7020, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 266:346-60. 2004..DSCR1(e4)/lacZ expression in the developing valve endocardium colocalizes with NFATc1 and, endocardial DSCR1(e4)/lacZ, is notably reduced or absent in NFATc1(-/-) embryos...
- Complex regulation of tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) expression by interleukin 4 (IL-4): IL-4 indirectly suppresses receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL)-mediated TRAP expression but modestly induces its expression directlyMinjun Yu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 284:32968-79. 2009..STAT6VT did not inhibit the potent up-regulation of TRAP promoter activity caused by overexpression of NFATc1, PU...
- Activation of the beta myosin heavy chain promoter by MEF-2D, MyoD, p300, and the calcineurin/NFATc1 pathwayJoachim D Meissner
Department of Physiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Cell Physiol 211:138-48. 2007..Transient transfection assays demonstrated that the calcineurin/NFATc1 signaling pathway is essential for MyHCbeta promoter activation during transformation of C2C12 myotubes but is not ..
- Activation of alpha(1) -adrenergic receptors stimulate the growth of small mouse cholangiocytes via calcium-dependent activation of nuclear factor of activated T cells 2 and specificity protein 1Gianfranco Alpini
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System, TX, USA
Hepatology 53:628-39. 2011..The Ca(2+) -dependent transcription factors, nuclear factor of activated T cells 2 (NFAT2) and NFAT4, were predominantly expressed by small bile ducts and small cholangiocytes...
- Resolution of established cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis and prevention of systolic dysfunction in a transgenic rabbit model of human cardiomyopathy through thiol-sensitive mechanismsRaffaella Lombardi
Center for Cardiovascular Genetics, Brown Foundation Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, and Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Circulation 119:1398-407. 2009..We posit that treatment with N-acetylcysteine, a precursor of glutathione, the largest intracellular thiol pool against oxidative stress, could reverse cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis in HCM...
- Inhibition of the calcineurin-NFAT interaction by small organic molecules reflects binding at an allosteric siteSunghyun Kang
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:37698-706. 2005..phosphatase calcineurin to its substrate NFAT (nuclear factor of activated T cells, also termed NFATc) is critically dependent on a protein-protein docking interaction between calcineurin and the PXIXIT motif in NFAT...
- The Trypanosoma cruzi immunosuppressive factor (TIF) targets a lymphocyte activation event subsequent to increased intracellular calcium ion concentration and translocation of protein kinase C but previous to cyclin D2 and cdk4 mRNA accumulationF Kierszenbaum
Department of Microbiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 92:133-45. 1998..stimulated with phytohemagglutinin from accumulating normal mRNA levels of NFAT1 (also known as NFATp) and NFATc. NFAT1 and NFATc are components of the NFAT complex that controls transcription of genes coding for several ..
- Activation and expression of the nuclear factors of activated T cells, NFATp and NFATc, in human natural killer cells: regulation upon CD16 ligand bindingJ Aramburu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Jefferson Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Exp Med 182:801-10. 1995..Two distinct molecules, NFATp and NFATc, have been reported to mediate NFAT activity...
- Characterization of Nfatc1 regulation identifies an enhancer required for gene expression that is specific to pro-valve endocardial cells in the developing heartBin Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 132:1137-46. 2005b>Nfatc1 is an endocardial transcription factor required for development of cardiac valves...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta regulation of nuclear factor of activated T-cells isoform c1 in the vascular smooth muscle cell response to injuryWinsion Chow
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building, 1 Kings College Circle, Rm 6213, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Exp Cell Res 314:2919-29. 2008..The transcription factor nuclear factor of activated T-cells-isoform c1 (NFATc1) is regulated by atherogenic cytokines, and has been implicated in the migratory and proliferative responses of ..
- The molecular understanding of osteoclast differentiationMasataka Asagiri
Department of Cell Signaling, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima 1 5 45, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Bone 40:251-64. 2007..TRAF6 activates NF-kappaB, which is important for the initial induction of NFATc1. NFATc1 is activated by calcium signaling and binds to its own promoter, thus switching on an autoregulatory loop...
- Characterization of constitutive and inducible transcription factors binding to the P2 NF-AT site in the human interleukin-4 promoterM Li-Weber
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Gene 188:253-60. 1997..Therefore, the DNA sequence at -173 to -150 of the IL-4 promoter is a binding site for NF-ATp/c and AP-1. Octamer proteins are unlikely to cooperate with NF-ATp/c at this site...
- Trichostatin A inhibits osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption by suppressing the induction of c-Fos by RANKLHa Neui Kim
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, DRI, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, 28 Yeongon dong, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 749, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 623:22-9. 2009..This effect was accompanied by a significant decrease in the RANKL-stimulated induction of c-Fos and NFATc1, which are key transcription factors during early osteoclastogenesis...
- Stimulation of calcineurin signaling attenuates the dystrophic pathology in mdx miceJoe V Chakkalakal
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 13:379-88. 2004..Muscles from mdx/CnA* displayed increased nuclear localization of NFATc1 and a fiber type shift towards a slower phenotype...
- Delayed lymphoid repopulation with defects in IL-4-driven responses produced by inactivation of NF-ATcA M Ranger
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 8:125-34. 1998..Our data demonstrate that NF-ATc is essential for the optimal generation and function of mature T and B lineage cells, with an especially profound effect on IL-4-driven responses...
- Inhibition of osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption by sauchinoneKyoung Youn Han
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, BK21 Program, and DRI, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 749, Republic of Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 74:911-23. 2007..The RANKL-stimulated induction of c-Fos and NFATc1 transcription factors was also abrogated by sauchinone...
- Identification of NFAT binding sites that mediate stimulation of cathepsin K promoter activity by RANK ligandWayne Balkan
Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center and Research Service, Miami Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Miami, FL 33125, USA
Gene 446:90-8. 2009..RANKL acts, in part, via the Ca(2+)/calmodulin/calcineurin signaling pathway, which in turn, activates NFATc1 (nuclear factor of activated T-cells) and downstream gene expression...
- NFAT2 is implicated in corticosterone-induced rat Leydig cell apoptosisWei Ran Chai
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, China
Asian J Androl 9:623-33. 2007..To investigate the activation of the nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) and its function in the corticosterone (CORT)-induced apoptosis of rat Leydig cells...
- Interleukin-10 inhibits osteoclastogenesis by reducing NFATc1 expression and preventing its translocation to the nucleusKathryn E Evans
Ecotoxicology and Stress Biology Research Group, School of Biological Science, University of Plymouth, UK
BMC Cell Biol 8:4. 2007..Several major pathways regulate osteoclastogenesis, with key signalling genes such as p38, TRAF6, NF-kappaB and NFATc1 well established as playing vital roles...
- Simvastatin stimulates production of the antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2 via endothelin-1 and NFATc3 in SH-SY5Y cellsTammy A Butterick
Department of Pharmacology, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Mol Neurobiol 41:384-91. 2010..Simvastatin increased translocation of NFATc3 to the nucleus while reducing nuclear NFATc1 and having no effect on NFATc4...
- The calcineurin-NFAT pathway and muscle fiber-type gene expressionS J Swoap
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C915-24. 2000..promoters were examined in C2C12 myotubes and in slow and fast muscle in the presence of calcineurin or NFAT2 expression plasmids...
- Calcineurin is a potent regulator for skeletal muscle regeneration by association with NFATc1 and GATA-2Kunihiro Sakuma
Department of Legal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 456 Kajii cho, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 105:271-80. 2003..The amount of calcineurin and dephosphorylated nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1) proteins was markedly increased in the regenerating muscle of rats...
- DNA binding sites target nuclear NFATc1 to heterochromatin regions in adult skeletal muscle fibersTiansheng Shen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 108 North Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 1503, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 134:387-402. 2010..dephosphorylation of the transcription factor nuclear factor of activated T cells subtype 1 (NFATc1) during repetitive skeletal muscle activity causes NFAT nuclear translocation and concentration in subnuclear NFAT ..
- NFATc1 mediates HDAC-dependent transcriptional repression of osteocalcin expression during osteoblast differentiationMin Kyung Choo
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 813 Shelby Biomedical Research Building, 1825 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Bone 45:579-89. 2009..To investigate the mechanism by which NFATc1 regulates osteoblast differentiation, we established an osteoblast cell line that overexpresses a constitutively ..
- NFAT signalling is a novel target of oncogenic BRAF in metastatic melanomaR J Flockhart
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Cancer 101:1448-55. 2009....
- Is Mitf the Missing Puzzle Linking NFATc1 to OsteoclastogenesisYi Ling Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among all the essential transcription factors in osteoclastogenesis, NFATc1 is considered the master transcription factor, which activation turns on osteoclastogenesis even in the absence of ..
- TRAF6 E3 LIGASE FUNCTION IN OSTEOCLASTOGENESISBryant G Darnay; Fiscal Year: 2010..endogenous TRAF6 is auto-ubiquitinated via K63 linkages, which is critical for NF-(B activation, induction of NFATc1 and subsequent osteoclast differentiation...
- Function of Phospholipase Cgamma2 in RANKL-Induced OsteoclastogenesisYabing Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..NF?B ligand (RANKL) activates calcium signals that lead to activation of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 (NFATc1), an essential transcription factor for osteoclastogenesis...
- Regulation of (Ca2+)i oscillation and osteoclast differentiation by RGS12Shuying Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010RANKL-evoked [Ca2+]i oscillations play a switch-on role in osteoclast differentiation through the NFAT2 activation pathway, however, the question remains as to how RANKL evokes the [Ca2+]j oscillation-NFAT2 pathway...
- The Role of AML1 in Osteoclastogenesis and Osteoclast Gene ExpressionYi Ping Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Despite the recent insights gained from the effects of targeted deletion of the c-fos, PU.1, NF-B, and NFATc1 transcription factor genes, the mechanism underlying transcription factors specifying osteoclast (OC) lino define ..
- The Role of NFATc1 and Calcineurin in Bone RemodelingMone Zaidi; Fiscal Year: 2007..We also find that RANK-L stimulates the expression and nuclear import of calcineurin's primary substrate, NFATc1. Likewise, Ca2+ triggers NFATc1 import, stimulates osteoclast formation, and inhibits the transcription of an anti-..
- HTS Assay Development for Modulators of a Nuclear Import/Export SwitchISABELLA GRAEF; Fiscal Year: 2007..we have recently shown that many biologic processes are exquisitely sensitive to the level of nuclear occupancy of NFATc proteins...
- Functional Studies of CalmyrinMERVYN MONTEIRO; Fiscal Year: 2009..results in a dramatic alteration in calmitase localization in the nucleus and stimulates nuclear import of an NFATc-GFP reporter...
- Regulation of Facultative Islet Growth and Development by Calcineurin and NFATSeung K Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mice lacking beta-cell calcineurin function develop overt diabetes. Strikingly, expression of activated NFATc1 in beta-cells lacking calcineurin restores beta-cell growth and prevents diabetes...
- Structure and Function of Ocular LacritinGORDON LAURIE; Fiscal Year: 2007..we then determined that lacritin signals from Ga1, or Ga0 to PLC-PKCa/PLD/mTOR and PLCPKCa/ STIM1/calcineurin/Ca2+/NFATC1 to activate secretory and mitogenic responses...
- Neurofibromin, Ras & NFAT in Cardiovascular DevelopmentFRAZ ISMAT; Fiscal Year: 2009..through the ras-GAP function of neurofibromin and its effect on nuclear localization of the transcription factor NFATc1 (nuclear factor of activated T-cells)...
- RHOA EFFECTOR IN HIV-1 REPLICATION AND PATHOGENESISLishan Su; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, we showed that RhoA inhibited HIV gene expression. The NFATc/AP2 binding site and sequences in the Negative Regulatory Element (NRE) region of HIV Long Terminal Repeat (LTR) ..