Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: neurotrimin
Alias: CEPU-1, HNT, IGLON2, NTRI, neurotrimin, IgLON family member 2
Publications143 found, 100 shown here
- Addo K, Addo S, Mensah G, Mosi L, Bonsu F. Genotyping and drug susceptibility testing of mycobacterial isolates from population-based tuberculosis prevalence survey in Ghana. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:743 pubmed publisher..Our research signifies an important contribution to TB control in terms of knowledge of the types of mycobacterium species circulating and their drug resistance patterns in Ghana. ..
- Nuru A, Zewude A, Mohammed T, Wondale B, Teshome L, Getahun M, et al. Nontuberculosis mycobacteria are the major causes of tuberculosis like lesions in cattle slaughtered at Bahir Dar Abattoir, northwestern Ethiopia. BMC Vet Res. 2017;13:237 pubmed publisher..Such finding could suggest the role of NTM in causing lesions in cattle. Further investigations are recommended on the pathogenesis of the reported NTM species in cattle, and if they have public health significance. ..
- Yagi K, Ishii M, Namkoong H, Asami T, Iketani O, Asakura T, et al. The efficacy, safety, and feasibility of inhaled amikacin for the treatment of difficult-to-treat non-tuberculous mycobacterial lung diseases. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:558 pubmed publisher..However, this symptom was reversible, after temporary interruption of AMK, the patient was able to safely resume the therapy. Inhaled AMK therapy is an effective and feasible therapy for difficult-to-treat NTM lung disease. ..
- Suzuki H, Matsuda Y, Noda M, Oishi H, Watanabe T, Sado T, et al. Management of De Novo Mycobacterial Infection After Lung Transplantation Without Rifampicin: Case Series of a Single Institution. Transplant Proc. 2018;50:2764-2767 pubmed publisher..Organization of the native lung with TB infection unexpectedly resulted in improvement of FEV1 in a COPD patient. ..
- Adam E, Collier S, Fullerton K, Gargano J, Beach M. Prevalence and direct costs of emergency department visits and hospitalizations for selected diseases that can be transmitted by water, United States. J Water Health. 2017;15:673-683 pubmed publisher..8 billion. As most of these diseases are not solely transmitted by water, an attribution process is needed as a next step to determine the proportion of these visits and costs attributable to waterborne transmission. ..
- Wallace D, Clark A, Lipson K, Andrews D, Crean J, O Brien C. Anti-connective tissue growth factor antibody treatment reduces extracellular matrix production in trabecular meshwork and lamina cribrosa cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:7836-48 pubmed publisher..FG-3019 is effective in blocking extracellular matrix production in TM and LC cells, thus supporting a role for the use of anti-CTGF immunotherapy in the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- Contreras GarduÃ±o J, RodrÃguez M, HernÃ¡ndez MartÃnez S, MartÃnez Barnetche J, Alvarado Delgado A, Izquierdo J, et al. Plasmodium berghei induced priming in Anopheles albimanus independently of bacterial co-infection. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;52:172-81 pubmed publisher..into midgut cell nuclei (indicative of DNA synthesis without mitosis) and increased transcription of hnt (a gene required for the endocycle of midgut cells) in primed versus unprimed mosquitoes, suggesting that ..
- Kim N, Lee S, Yi J, Chang C. Evaluation of dual-color fluorescence in situ hybridization with peptide nucleic acid probes for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and non-tuberculous mycobacteria in clinical specimens. Ann Lab Med. 2015;35:500-5 pubmed publisher..However, because of its relatively low sensitivity, this method could be more applicable to culture confirmation. In application to direct specimens, the possibility of false-negative results needs to be considered. ..
- Parija S, Verma A. Prevalence of non-tuberculous mycobacterium in a tertiary care hospital from South India. J Commun Dis. 2012;44:129-37 pubmed..The importance of NTM can be further evaluated by conducting more studies and need active participation of reference laboratories. ..
- Lerner N, Avissar S, Beit Yannai E. Extracellular vesicles mediate signaling between the aqueous humor producing and draining cells in the ocular system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171153 pubmed publisher..Further understanding of NPCE-derived exosome-responsive signaling pathways may reveal new targets for pharmacological intervention within the drainage system as a target for glaucoma therapy. ..
- Varahram M, Farnia P, Saif S, Marashian M, Farnia P, Ghanavi J, et al. Identification of different subtypes of rapid growing Atypical Mycobacterium from water and soil sources: Using PCR-RFLP using hsp65 and rRNA 16s-23s genes. Int J Mycobacteriol. 2016;5 Suppl 1:S212-S213 pubmed publisher..This high prevalence of M. fortuitum might raise the risk infection, especially in children, immunocompromised patients, diabetics, and cancer cases. ..
- Tornuk F, Sagdic O, Hancer M, Yetim H. Development of LLDPE based active nanocomposite films with nanoclays impregnated with volatile compounds. Food Res Int. 2018;107:337-345 pubmed publisherIn this study, a novel procedure was performed for grafting of nanoclays (montmorillonite (MMT) and halloysite (HNT)) with essential oil constituents (thymol (THY), eugenol (EUG) and carvacrol (CRV)) using Tween 80 as surfactant and then ..
- Babrak L, Danelishvili L, Rose S, Bermudez L. Microaggregate-associated protein involved in invasion of epithelial cells by Mycobacterium avium subsp. hominissuis. Virulence. 2015;6:694-703 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have unveiled one more step associated with MAH crossing the respiratory mucosa. ..
- Surolia R, Karki S, Wang Z, Kulkarni T, Li F, Vohra S, et al. Attenuated heme oxygenase-1 responses predispose the elderly to pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial infections. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;311:L928-L940 pubmed publisher..98). The augmented risk for P-NTM in the elderly is due, in part, to attenuated HO-1 responses, subsequent upregulation of SOCS3, and inhibition of Bcl2, leading to programmed cell death of macrophages, and sustained infection. ..
- Moe J, Rajan R, Caltharp S, Abramowicz S. Diagnosis and Management of Children With Mycobacterium abscessus Infections in the Head and Neck. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018;76:1902-1911 pubmed publisher..When complete surgical excision was possible, disease resolution was achieved. However, in cases with adjacent extension or dissemination infection, postoperative antibiotics were necessary. ..
- Baliga S, Murphy C, Sharon L, Shenoy S, Biranthabail D, Weltman H, et al. Rapid method for detecting and differentiating Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex and non-tuberculous mycobacteria in sputum by fluorescence in situ hybridization with DNA probes. Int J Infect Dis. 2018;75:1-7 pubmed publisher..The MN Genus-MTBC dual probe fluorescence FISH assay previously applied to cultures can also be utilized in resource-limited tuberculosis-endemic countries for rapidly identifying and differentiating MTBC and NTM in sputum samples. ..
- Auster L, Sutton M, Gwin M, Nitkin C, Bonfield T. Optimization of In Vitro Mycobacterium avium and Mycobacterium intracellulare Growth Assays for Therapeutic Development. Microorganisms. 2019;7: pubmed publisher..avium and M. intracellulare can be optimally grown in short term culture to study each strain independently and in combination, as a monitor of growth kinetics and efficient therapeutic testing protocols. ..
- Ripoll Rozada J, Costa M, Manso J, Maranha A, Miranda V, Sequeira A, et al. Biosynthesis of mycobacterial methylmannose polysaccharides requires a unique 1-O-methyltransferase specific for 3-O-methylated mannosides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019;116:835-844 pubmed publisher..The functional and structural properties of this unique sugar methyltransferase further our knowledge of MMP biosynthesis and provide important tools to dissect the role of MMP in NTM physiology and resilience. ..
- Ceyssens P, Soetaert K, Timke M, Van den Bossche A, Sparbier K, De Cremer K, et al. Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry for Combined Species Identification and Drug Sensitivity Testing in Mycobacteria. J Clin Microbiol. 2017;55:624-634 pubmed publisher..However, further validations and automation are required before routine implementation can be envisioned. ..
- Djouadi L, Selama O, Abderrahmani A, Bouanane Darenfed A, Abdellaziz L, Amziane M, et al. Multiresistant opportunistic pathogenic bacteria isolated from polluted rivers and first detection of nontuberculous mycobacteria in the Algerian aquatic environment. J Water Health. 2017;15:566-579 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that anthropized environments constitute a reservoir for multiresistant opportunistic bacteria and for circulating resistance genes. ..
- Huang B, Liu M, Zhou C. Chitosan composite hydrogels reinforced with natural clay nanotubes. Carbohydr Polym. 2017;175:689-698 pubmed publisher..X-ray diffraction (XRD) results show that the crystal structure of HNT is not changed in the composite hydrogels...
- Gruber S, Dorr W. Tissue reactions to ionizing radiation-Oral mucosa. Mutat Res. 2016;770:292-298 pubmed publisher..is one of the most effective treatment strategies for solid malignancies, including head-and-neck tumors (HNT). Oral mucositis is the most frequent, often dose-limiting early adverse event of radio(chemo)therapy for HNT...
- Sigg N, Bailleul S, Turmel J, Legrand G, Kettani S, Martin L. [Non-tuberculous mycobacterial cervical adenitis in children: 2 cases]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2018;145:505-511 pubmed publisher..Improved knowledge of this disease would result in complete surgical excision at an early stage with a lower rate of aesthetic sequelae. ..
- Brown Elliott B, Rubio A, Wallace R. In Vitro Susceptibility Testing of a Novel Benzimidazole, SPR719, against Nontuberculous Mycobacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2018;62: pubmed publisher..25 to 4 μg/ml for several species of NTM. These findings support the further advancement of SPR720 for the treatment of NTM disease. ..
- Ishii T, Tamura A, Matsui H, Nagai H, Akagawa S, Hebisawa A, et al. Disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex infection in a patient carrying autoantibody to interferon-Î³. J Infect Chemother. 2013;19:1152-7 pubmed publisher..We should consider the presence of autoantibodies to IFN-Î³ when a patient with disseminated NTM infection does not indicate the presence of HIV infection or other immunosuppressive condition. ..
- Panaiotov S, Simeonovski I, Levterova V, Karamfilov V, Brankova N, Tankova K, et al. Two-Year Monitoring of Water Samples from Dam of Iskar and the Black Sea, Bulgaria, by Molecular Analysis: Focus on Mycobacterium spp. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:7430-43 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the results obtained we can conclude that for the period 2012-2014 no Mycobacterium species were present in the water samples. During the study period no cases of waterborne infections were reported. ..
- Urabe N, Sakamoto S, Sano G, Ito A, Homma S. Characteristics of patients with bronchoscopy-diagnosed pulmonary Mycobacterium avium complex infection. J Infect Chemother. 2018;24:822-827 pubmed publisher..In addition, patients with pulmonary MAC disease had less severe subjective symptoms and weight loss than did those with a negative MAC culture on bronchoscopy. ..
- Yacisin K, Hsieh J, Weiss D, Ackelsberg J, Lee E, Jones L, et al. Outbreak of non-tuberculous mycobacteria skin or soft tissue infections associated with handling fish - New York City, 2013-2014. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:2269-2279 pubmed publisher..A definitive environmental outbreak source was not identified...
- Li G, Pang H, Guo Q, Huang M, Tan Y, Li C, et al. Antimicrobial susceptibility and MIC distribution of 41 drugs against clinical isolates from China and reference strains of nontuberculous mycobacteria. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2017;49:364-374 pubmed publisher..NTM species-specific drug susceptibility patterns suggested that it is urgent to identify the species of NTM, to normalise the treatment of NTM infectious disease and to clarify the resistance mechanisms of NTM. ..
- Cao T, Quinn P, Sandhu J, Voors A, Lang C, Parry H, et al. Identification of novel biomarkers in plasma for prediction of treatment response in patients with heart failure. Lancet. 2015;385 Suppl 1:S26 pubmed publisher..2D LC-ESI-MS/MS showed that the expression of neurotrimin (NTM) was highly upregulated, by 26Â·5 times (p<0Â·0001), in the responder group compared with the non-..
- Haig S, Kotlarz N, LiPuma J, Raskin L. A High-Throughput Approach for Identification of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria in Drinking Water Reveals Relationship between Water Age and Mycobacterium avium. MBio. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..i>avium increased with water age. Furthermore, the two-step barcoding approach developed as part of the PacBio sequencing method makes this procedure highly adaptable, allowing it to be used for other target genes and species. ..
- Koh W, Hong G, Kim K, Ahn S, Han J. Pulmonary sequestration infected with nontuberculous mycobacteria: a report of two cases and literature review. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2012;5:917-9 pubmed publisher..A review of the literature revealed only seven previous case reports of pulmonary sequestration infected with NTM, and no case with Mycobacterium abscessus has been reported. ..
- Heraud D, Carr R, McKee J, Dehority W. Nontuberculous mycobacterial adenitis outside of the head and neck region in children: A case report and systematic review of the literature. Int J Mycobacteriol. 2016;5:351-353 pubmed publisher..Extracervicofacial NTM adenitis is less common. We present a case of NTM inguinal adenitis in a 2-year-old girl, followed by a systematic review of the literature. ..
- Shabani M, Haghani M, Tazangi P, Bayat M, Shid Moosavi S, Ranjbar H. Netrin-1 improves the amyloid-Î²-mediated suppression of memory and synaptic plasticity. Brain Res Bull. 2017;131:107-116 pubmed publisher..The AÎ²+SNT group received a single dose of NT-1. The AÎ²+HNT group received heat-inactivated NT-1...
- ElNaggar M, Abdellrazeq G, Elsisy A, Mahmoud A, Shyboub A, Sester M, et al. Evaluation of antigen specific interleukin-1Î² as a biomarker to detect cattle infected with Mycobacterium bovis. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2017;105:53-59 pubmed publisher..IL-1Î² has the potential to serve as an additional biomarker for detecting cattle infected with Mbv. ..
- Ferro B, Meletiadis J, Wattenberg M, de Jong A, van Soolingen D, Mouton J, et al. Clofazimine Prevents the Regrowth of Mycobacterium abscessus and Mycobacterium avium Type Strains Exposed to Amikacin and Clarithromycin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:1097-105 pubmed publisher..abscessus and M. avium. The combination of clofazimine with amikacin or clarithromycin was synergistic in vitro. This suggests a potential role for clofazimine in treatment regimens that warrants further evaluation. ..
- Huet D, Godbert B, Hermann J, Zordan J, Chabot F, Andrejak C. [Pulmonary infection with Mycobacterium malmoense. Difficulties in diagnosis and treatment]. Rev Mal Respir. 2017;34:257-261 pubmed publisher..A more systematic reporting strategy could allow cohort studies and therefore provide us with data on the most efficient drugs in the treatment of the rarest NTM infections. ..
- Nasiri M, Dabiri H, Fooladi A, Amini S, Hamzehloo G, Feizabadi M. High rates of nontuberculous mycobacteria isolation from patients with presumptive tuberculosis in Iran. New Microbes New Infect. 2018;21:12-17 pubmed publisher..7%) and M. avium complex (8.0%). Isolation of NTM, including M. simiae, from suspected TB cases is a serious public health problem and merits further attention by health authorities, physicians and microbiologists...
- Lefebvre M, Quach C, Daniel S. Chronic suppurative otitis media due to nontuberculous mycobacteria: A case of successful treatment with topical boric acid. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79:1158-60 pubmed publisher..This report highlights the challenges involved in treating this infection, and introduces boric acid as a potentially valuable component of therapy. ..
- Kim M, Nam Y, Cho S, Park T, Lee H. Comparison of the Xpert MTB/RIF Assay and Real-time PCR for the Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015;45:327-32 pubmed..Further investigation to increase the sensitivity and detect other drug resistances by kit-based assays is required for the rapid and accurate diagnosis of tuberculosis. ..
- RodrÃguez SÃ¡nchez B, Ruiz Serrano M, Ruiz A, Timke M, Kostrzewa M, Bouza E. Evaluation of MALDI Biotyper Mycobacteria Library v3.0 for Identification of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:1144-7 pubmed publisher..The v3.0 database allowed a high-level confidence in the identification [log(score) value, â‰¥1.8] of 91.7% of the isolates versus 83.5% with the v2.0 version (P< 0.01). ..
- Rives P, Joubert M, Launay E, Guillouzouic A, Espitalier F, Malard O. Cervicofacial non-tuberculous mycobacteria: A report of 30 cases. Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2016;133:107-11 pubmed publisher..Increased incidence, since BCG vaccination was stopped, will continue to confront the practitioner with an infantile disease in which management must be multidisciplinary. ..
- Feitosa S, MÃ¼nchow E, Al Zain A, Kamocki K, Platt J, Bottino M. Synthesis and characterization of novel halloysite-incorporated adhesive resins. J Dent. 2015;43:1316-22 pubmed publisher..As-received HNTs were then incorporated into the resin mixture at distinct concentrations: 0 (HNT-free, control), 1, 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, and 20wt.%...
- Dai W, Li H, Li M, Li C, Wu X, Yang B. Electrochemical Imprinted Polycrystalline Nickel-Nickel Oxide Half-Nanotube-Modified Boron-Doped Diamond Electrode for the Detection of L-Serine. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015;7:22858-67 pubmed publisher..The HNT walls were formed of Ni and NiO nanoparticles...
- Adhikari S, Caro Tohme T, Whiley H. Investigation of Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) in Australian commercial milk using qPCR. J Dairy Res. 2017;84:89-91 pubmed publisher..This could be due to concentrations below the limit of detection, limited sample size or could be reflective of the Australian biosecurity control protocols and surveillance of Johne's disease in ruminant animals. ..
- Chae H, Han S, Kim S, Ki C, Huh H, Yong D, et al. Development of a One-Step Multiplex PCR Assay for Differential Detection of Major Mycobacterium Species. J Clin Microbiol. 2017;55:2736-2751 pubmed publisher..Our multiplex PCR assay is a simple, convenient, and reliable technique for differential identification of MTBC, M. tuberculosis, M. tuberculosis Beijing genotype, and major NTM species. ..
- Lee J, Lee J, Yoon S, Kim T, Seong M, Han S, et al. Implication of species change of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria during or after treatment. BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:213 pubmed publisher..Change of NTM species may occur during or after treatment for NTM lung disease. Especially, changes from MAC to MAA is accompanied by symptomatic and radiographic worsening as well as inducible resistance to clarithromycin. ..
- Ghosh R, Das S, Kela H, De A, Haldar J, Maiti P. Biofilm colonization of Mycobacterium abscessus: New threat in hospital-acquired surgical site infection. Indian J Tuberc. 2017;64:178-182 pubmed publisher..This study has shown the need of culture and identification of pathogens causing persistent post surgical wound infections and illuminated importance of rapid source tracing in resource constraint situation which could control outbreak. ..
- Wang Z, Xie T, Mu C, Sun R, Wang C, Zhao H, et al. Performance of Sequencing in Predicting Ofloxacin Resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Positive Bactec MGIT 960 Cultures. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2018;48:69-74 pubmed..Compared with the proportion method, the sensitivity and specificity of sequencing were 78.6% and 99.5%, respectively. Sequencing had good performance for detecting OFX resistance and could be used for predicting OFX susceptibility. ..
- Jung Y, Kim J, Song D, Koh W, Huh H, Ki C, et al. Evaluation of three real-time PCR assays for differential identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex and nontuberculous mycobacteria species in liquid culture media. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016;85:186-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the three real-time PCR assays showed better performance in discriminating mycobacterium species and non-mycobacterium Corynebacterineae species than the conventional PCR assay. ..
- Kim N, Yi J, Chang C. Recovery Rates of Non-Tuberculous Mycobacteria from Clinical Specimens Are Increasing in Korean Tertiary-Care Hospitals. J Korean Med Sci. 2017;32:1263-1267 pubmed publisher..8 to 12.9 per 100,000 patients over the same period. The rates of recovery of NTM from clinical specimens and the number of patients with NTM infections increased significantly (P < 0.001, testing for trend) between 2009 and 2015. ..
- Checkley A, Wyllie D, Scriba T, Golubchik T, Hill A, Hanekom W, et al. Identification of antigens specific to non-tuberculous mycobacteria: the Mce family of proteins as a target of T cell immune responses. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26434 pubmed publisher..These early findings may provide a basis for characterising exposure to NTM at a population level, which has applications in the field of TB vaccine design as well as in the development of diagnostic tests. ..
- Smith G, Ghio A, Stout J, Messier K, Hudgens E, Murphy M, et al. Epidemiology of nontuberculous mycobacteria isolations among central North Carolina residents, 2006-2010. J Infect. 2016;72:678-686 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of NTM epidemiology is increasingly important as percentages of immunocompromised individuals and the elderly increase in the U.S. ..
- Tambekar N, Sabnis S, Phadke A, Bedekar N. Effect of Butler's neural tissue mobilization and Mulligan's bent leg raise on pain and straight leg raise in patients of low back ache. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016;20:280-5 pubmed publisher..05). The study showed that both techniques produce immediate improvement in pain and SLR range but this effect was not maintained during the follow up period. ..
- Zhang M, Song F, Liang L, Nan H, Zhang J, Liu H, et al. Genome-wide association studies identify several new loci associated with pigmentation traits and skin cancer risk in European Americans. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2948-59 pubmed publisher..0 × 10(-8); P = 6.6 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 3.0 × 10(-3) in the replication set) and rs8015138 upstream of GNG2 (P = 6.6 × 10(-8); P = 5.3 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 0.01 in the replication set). ..
- Hsu M, Wu M, Huang Y, Liao C. Efficacy of chlorine dioxide disinfection to non-fermentative Gram-negative bacilli and non-tuberculous mycobacteria in a hospital water system. J Hosp Infect. 2016;93:22-8 pubmed publisher..Addition of a ClO2 disinfection unit to our hospital water system reduced the numbers of NTM and NFGNB in the hot and cold water systems. ..
- Zweifel S, Mihic Probst D, Curcio C, Barthelmes D, Thielken A, Keller P, et al. Clinical and Histopathologic Ocular Findings in Disseminated Mycobacterium chimaera Infection after Cardiothoracic Surgery. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:178-188 pubmed publisher..It involves multiple organ systems and can cause life-threatening disseminated disease. The ocular manifestations documented using multimodal imaging allow us to use the eye as a window to the systemic infection. ..
- Kim Y, Kim K, Choi H, Lee J, Park H, Jang K, et al. Clinical Usefulness of PCR for Differential Diagnosis of Tuberculosis and Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Infection in Paraffin-Embedded Lung Tissues. J Mol Diagn. 2015;17:597-604 pubmed publisher..PCR will be useful for the rapid diagnosis of mycobacterial infection and differentiation of MTB from NTM in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded specimens, especially in acid-fast staining-positive specimens. ..
- Nathavitharana R, Hillemann D, Schumacher S, Schlueter B, Ismail N, Omar S, et al. Multicenter Noninferiority Evaluation of Hain GenoType MTBDRplus Version 2 and Nipro NTM+MDRTB Line Probe Assays for Detection of Rifampin and Isoniazid Resistance. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:1624-1630 pubmed publisher..These results serve as evidence for WHO policy recommendations on the use of line probe assays, including the Hain V2 and Nipro assays, for MDR-TB detection. ..
- Shi R, Niu Y, Gong M, Ye J, Tian W, Zhang L. Antimicrobial gelatin-based elastomer nanocomposite membrane loaded with ciprofloxacin and polymyxin B sulfate in halloysite nanotubes for wound dressing. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018;87:128-138 pubmed publisher..The ciprofloxacin crystals and HNT-B were distributed in the matrix uniformly...
- Massaro M, Amorati R, Cavallaro G, Guernelli S, Lazzara G, Milioto S, et al. Direct chemical grafted curcumin on halloysite nanotubes as dual-responsive prodrug for pharmacological applications. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;140:505-513 pubmed publisher..Particularly, we synthesized HNT-Cur prodrug with a controlled curcumin release on dependence of both intracellular glutathione (GSH) and pH ..
- Martiniano S, Nick J, Daley C. Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Infections in Cystic Fibrosis. Clin Chest Med. 2016;37:83-96 pubmed publisher..The development of a disease-specific approach to the diagnosis and treatment of NTM infection in CF patients is a research priority, as a lifelong strategy is needed for this high-risk population. ..
- Webber H, Bermudez J, Sethi A, Clark A, Mao W. Crosstalk between TGFβ and Wnt signaling pathways in the human trabecular meshwork. Exp Eye Res. 2016;148:97-102 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the existence of a cross-inhibition between the TGFβ/Smad and canonical Wnt pathways in the TM, and this cross-inhibition may be mediated by Smad4 and β-catenin. ..
- Halstrom S, Cherry C, Black M, Thomson R, Goullee H, Baltic S, et al. A haplotype spanning P2X7R, P2X4R and CAMKK2 may mark susceptibility to pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease. Immunogenetics. 2017;69:287-293 pubmed publisher..0001; R 2 = 0.05). Examination of individual alleles within these haplotypes implicated P2X7R and CAMKK2 in pathways affecting pulmonary NTM disease. ..
- Baechler B, McKnight C, Pruchnicki P, Biro N, Reed B. Hindsight/RREB-1 functions in both the specification and differentiation of stem cells in the adult midgut of Drosophila. Biol Open. 2015;5:1-10 pubmed publisher..the Drosophila posterior midgut as a model, we have studied the function of the transcription factor Hindsight (Hnt)/RREB-1 and its relationship to the Notch and Egfr signaling pathways...
- Hasan M, Munshi S, Banu Momi M, Rahman F, Noor R. Evaluation of the effectiveness of BACTEC MGIT 960 for the detection of mycobacteria in Bangladesh. Int J Mycobacteriol. 2013;2:214-9 pubmed publisher..6%) and a more rapid method in detecting mycobacteria when compared with LJ culture. Extended recovery of NTM and MTC through MGIT 960 urged frequent application of this method to detect mycobacteria more effectively and rapidly. ..
- Maiz L, Giron R, Olveira C, Vendrell M, Nieto R, Martinez Garcia M. Prevalence and factors associated with nontuberculous mycobacteria in non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis: a multicenter observational study. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:437 pubmed publisher..M. avium complex is the most frequently isolated mycobacteria. FVC???75 % predicted, age???50 years, and a BMI???23 kg/m(2) were independently associated with the presence of NTM in patients with non-CF bronchiectasis. ..
- Li T, Abebe L, Cronk R, Bartram J. A systematic review of waterborne infections from nontuberculous mycobacteria in health care facility water systems. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2017;220:611-620 pubmed publisher..Effective prevention strategies will require both medical and environmental health expertise, and inter-professional cooperation will optimize these efforts. ..
- Diel R, Ringshausen F, Richter E, Welker L, Schmitz J, Nienhaus A. Microbiological and Clinical Outcomes of Treating Non-Mycobacterium Avium Complex Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Pulmonary Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Chest. 2017;152:120-142 pubmed publisher..Further, properly planned studies with sufficient power are needed, as are new drugs or better-tolerated application of current antibiotics, or both. ..
- Shen W, Sun J. Dynamic Notch Signaling Specifies Each Cell Fate in Drosophila Spermathecal Lineage. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:1417-1427 pubmed publisher..In addition, Notch signaling both suppresses and activates transcription factors Hindsight (Hnt) and Cut during spermathecal lineage specification, supporting the notion that Notch signaling can have opposite ..
- Gallet R, Fabre F, Michalakis Y, Blanc S. The Number of Target Molecules of the Amplification Step Limits Accuracy and Sensitivity in Ultradeep-Sequencing Viral Population Studies. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..We report quantitative biases during rolling-circle amplification and the NTM of two genomic segments of FBNSV. ..
- Sellar G, Watt K, Rabiasz G, Stronach E, Li L, Miller E, et al. OPCML at 11q25 is epigenetically inactivated and has tumor-suppressor function in epithelial ovarian cancer. Nat Genet. 2003;34:337-43 pubmed..These findings suggest that OPCML is an excellent candidate for the 11q25 ovarian cancer TSG. This is the first description to our knowledge of the involvement of the IgLON family in cancer. ..
- Zweijpfenning S, Kops S, Magis Escurra C, Boeree M, van Ingen J, Hoefsloot W. Treatment and outcome of non-tuberculous mycobacterial pulmonary disease in a predominantly fibro-cavitary disease cohort. Respir Med. 2017;131:220-224 pubmed publisher..Fibro-cavitary disease is harder to cure than nodular-bronchiectatic disease. Adverse events are frequent and can necessitate cessation of treatment. ..
- Jhun B, Jung W, Hwang N, Park H, Jeon K, Kang E, et al. Risk factors for the development of chronic pulmonary aspergillosis in patients with nontuberculous mycobacterial lung disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188716 pubmed publisher..2% of patients after initiation of treatment for NTM-LD, and some risk factors were associated with CPA development. Given the worse prognosis, early diagnosis and treatment of CPA are important in patients with NTM-LD. ..
- Yu B, Barbalic M, Brautbar A, Nambi V, Hoogeveen R, Tang W, et al. Association of genome-wide variation with highly sensitive cardiac troponin-T levels in European Americans and Blacks: a meta-analysis from atherosclerosis risk in communities and cardiovascular health studies. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2013;6:82-8 pubmed publisher..16; P=0.004). We identified 2 loci, near NCOA2 and in the TNNT2 gene, at which variation was significantly associated with hs-cTnT levels. Further use of the new assay should enable replication of these results. ..
- Gaaz T, Sulong A, Kadhum A, Nassir M, Al Amiery A. Optimizing Injection Molding Parameters of Different Halloysites Type-Reinforced Thermoplastic Polyurethane Nanocomposites via Taguchi Complemented with ANOVA. Materials (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed publisher..8 bar (injection pressure), 30 °C (mold temperature), 8 min (injection time), 2 wt % (HNTs loading) and mHNT (HNTs type)...
- Matsuyama M, Martins A, Shallom S, Kamenyeva O, Kashyap A, Sampaio E, et al. Transcriptional Response of Respiratory Epithelium to Nontuberculous Mycobacteria. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Some of these pathways may be amenable to therapeutic manipulation. ..
- El Zeenni N, Chanoine S, Recule C, Stahl J, Maurin M, Camara B. Are guidelines on the management of non-tuberculous mycobacteria lung infections respected and what are the consequences for patients? A French retrospective study from 2007 to 2014. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2018;37:233-240 pubmed publisher..This could potentially affect the prognosis of these patients and favour the emergence of macrolide resistance in NTM species. ..
- Ghielmetti G, Friedel U, Scherrer S, Sarno E, Landolt P, Dietz O, et al. Non-tuberculous Mycobacteria isolated from lymph nodes and faecal samples of healthy slaughtered cattle and the abattoir environment. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Assuming that some NTM interfere with the detection of bovine tuberculosis (bTB), the present findings in healthy animals emphasize the need of more specific diagnostic tools for bTB eradication programs...
- Yasin H, Mangano W, Malhotra P, Farooq A, Mohamed H. Hot Tub Lung: A Diagnostic Challenge. Cureus. 2017;9:e1617 pubmed publisher..We believe this is the first reported case of HTL manifesting as cavitary lung nodules with mediastinal lymphadenopathy, and we recommend physicians keep HTL in consideration when encountering patients with these radiographic findings...
- Chogtu B, Malik D, Magazine R, Shenoy V. Mycobacterium fortuitum Infection at Umbilical Hernioplasty Site. J Clin Diagn Res. 2017;11:OD01-OD02 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a case of a patient who underwent mesh hernioplasty for umbilical hernia and was diagnosed with M. fortuitum infection at the site of umbilical hernioplasty...
- Li C, Bazzano L, Rao D, Hixson J, He J, Gu D, et al. Genome-wide linkage and positional association analyses identify associations of novel AFF3 and NTM genes with triglycerides: the GenSalt study. J Genet Genomics. 2015;42:107-17 pubmed publisher..multivesicular body protein 3 (CHMP3), ring finger protein 103 (RNF103), AF4/FMR2 family, member 3 (AFF3), and neurotrimin (NTM) with triglycerides (P = 4 × 10(-4), 1.00 × 10(-5), 2.00 × 10(-5), and 1.00 × 10(-7), respectively)...
- Rostamzadeh T, Islam Khan M, Riche K, Lvov Y, Stavitskaya A, Wiley J. Rapid and Controlled In Situ Growth of Noble Metal Nanostructures within Halloysite Clay Nanotubes. Langmuir. 2017;33:13051-13059 pubmed publisher..Growth of Au and Ag could be achieved under a converged electron beam suggesting that both Au@HNT and Ag@HNT systems can be used for the fundamental studies of NP growth/attachment.
- Struyk A, Canoll P, Wolfgang M, Rosen C, D EUSTACHIO P, Salzer J. Cloning of neurotrimin defines a new subfamily of differentially expressed neural cell adhesion molecules. J Neurosci. 1995;15:2141-56 pubmed..We have isolated a cDNA encoding a second member of this family, that we have termed neurotrimin, and present evidence for the existence of additional family members...