Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NEGR1
Description: neuronal growth regulator 1
Alias: DMML2433, IGLON4, KILON, Ntra, IgLON family member 4, a kindred of IgLON, neurotractin
- Genome-wide association yields new sequence variants at seven loci that associate with measures of obesityGudmar Thorleifsson
deCODE Genetics, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:18-24. 2009..6 x 10(-7). This includes previously identified variants close to or in the FTO, MC4R, BDNF and SH2B1 genes, in addition to variants at seven loci not previously connected with obesity...
- Obesity genes identified in genome-wide association studies are associated with adiposity measures and potentially with nutrient-specific food preferenceFlorianne Bauer
Complex Genetics Section, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 90:951-9. 2009..New genetic loci, most of which are expressed in the brain, have recently been reported to contribute to the development of obesity. The brain, especially the hypothalamus, is strongly involved in regulating weight and food intake...
- Six new loci associated with body mass index highlight a neuronal influence on body weight regulationCristen J Willer
Genetic Investigation of ANthropometric Traits Consortium
Nat Genet 41:25-34. 2009..FTO and MC4R and identify six additional loci (P < 5 x 10(-8)): TMEM18, KCTD15, GNPDA2, SH2B1, MTCH2 and NEGR1 (where a 45-kb deletion polymorphism is a candidate causal variant)...
- Biochemical and ultrastructural analyses of IgLON cell adhesion molecules, Kilon and OBCAM in the rat brainS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Neuroscience 117:645-58. 2003b>Kilon (kindred of IgLON) and opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule belong to the IgLON subgroup of immunoglobulin superfamily together with the limbic system-associated membrane protein and neurotrimin...
- Neurotractin, a novel neurite outgrowth-promoting Ig-like protein that interacts with CEPU-1 and LAMPA Marg
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 145:865-76. 1999..Using this approach, we identified a novel neural IgSF member, termed neurotractin. This GPI-linked cell surface glycoprotein is composed of three Ig-like domains and belongs to the IgLON ..
- Function of a principal Na(+)/H(+) antiporter, ShaA, is required for initiation of sporulation in Bacillus subtilisS Kosono
Microbiology Laboratory, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Bacteriol 182:898-904. 2000ShaA (sodium/hydrogen antiporter, previously termed YufT [or NtrA]), which is responsible for Na(+)/H(+) antiporter activity, is considered to be the major Na(+) excretion system in Bacillus subtilis...
- Gene expression pattern of functional neuronal cells derived from human bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cellsTatiana Tondreau
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, 121, Bd de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Genomics 9:166. 2008..Indeed, many studies have demonstrated that MSC can give rise to neuronal cells as well as many tissue-specific cell phenotypes...
- Initial cloning and sequencing of hydHG, an operon homologous to ntrBC and regulating the labile hydrogenase activity in Escherichia coli K-12K Stoker
Department of Microbiology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 171:4448-56. 1989..This conclusion is in agreement with the results of Birkmann et al. (A. Birkmann, R. G. Sawers, and A. Böck, Mol. Gen. Genet. 210:535-542, 1987), who demonstrated ntrA dependence for the labile hydrogenase activity.
- Purification of the alternative sigma factor, sigma 54, from Salmonella typhimurium and characterization of sigma 54-holoenzymeD Popham
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Biol Chem 266:19510-8. 1991..We have determined the complete nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding sigma 54 (ntrA) in Salmonella.
- Identification of a gene linked to Rhizobium meliloti ntrA whose product is homologous to a family to ATP-binding proteinsL M Albright
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Bacteriol 171:1932-41. 1989The ntrA gene of Rhizobium meliloti has recently been identified and shown to be required for a diverse set of metabolic functions (C. W. Ronson, B. T. Nixon, L. M. Albright, and F. M. Ausubel, J. Bacteriol. 169:2424-2431, 1987)...
- Symbiotic nitrogen fixation by a nifA deletion mutant of Rhizobium meliloti: the role of an unusual ntrC alleleM Labes
McMaster University, Department of Biology, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Bacteriol 175:2662-73. 1993In the N2-fixing alfalfa symbiont Rhizobium meliloti, the three sigma 54 (NTRA)-dependent positively acting regulatory proteins NIFA, NTRC, and DCTD are required for activation of promoters involved in N2 fixation (pnifHDKE and pfixABCX), ..
- Nucleotide sequence of the regulatory gene xylR of the TOL plasmid from Pseudomonas putidaS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Gene 66:301-6. 1988..aa 234-473) corresponds to the region that was proposed to interact with RNA polymerase having a sigma factor, NtrA [Drummond et al., EMBO J. 5 (1986) 441-447]...
- NTR/NRX define a new thioredoxin system in the nucleus of Arabidopsis thaliana cellsCorinne Marchal
Université Perpignan Via Domitia, CNRS, Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, UMR 5096, 58 Avenue Paul Alduy Bat T, F 66860, Perpignan, France
Mol Plant 7:30-44. 2014..NRX1 and NRX2 have disulfide reduction capacities, although NRX1 alone can be reduced by the thioredoxin reductase NTRA. We also show that both NRX1 and NRX2 have a dual nuclear/cytosolic localization...
- Genome-wide analysis of BMI in adolescents and young adults reveals additional insight into the effects of genetic loci over the life courseMariaelisa Graff
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27517, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:3597-607. 2013..05). These results suggest that genetic loci for BMI can vary in their effects across the life course, underlying the importance of evaluating BMI at different ages...
- Implication of European-derived adiposity loci in African AmericansJ M Hester
Center for Diabetes Research, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:465-73. 2012..Limited study of these loci has been reported in African Americans. Here we examined the effects of these previously identified adiposity loci in African Americans...
- Promotion of neuronal cell adhesion by members of the IgLON family occurs in the absence of either support or modification of neurite outgrowthChristine J McNamee
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Neurochem 80:941-8. 2002..The family consists of LAMP, OBCAM, neurotrimin/CEPU-1 and neurotractin/kilon...
- Review of 61 cases of odontoma. Presentation of an erupted complex odontomaSusana Amado Cuesta
Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Barcelona, Espana
Med Oral 8:366-73. 2003..We made the revision of the cases of diagnosed odontomas between 1983 and 2001 in the Clínica Ntra. Sra...
- The IgLON family in epithelial ovarian cancer: expression profiles and clinicopathologic correlatesEvangelos Ntougkos
Cancer Research UK Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 11:5764-8. 2005The IgLON family of cell adhesion molecules, comprising OPCML, HNT, LSAMP, and NEGR1, has recently been linked to cancer, through two of its members being proposed as tumor suppressors...
- Overexpression of IgLON cell adhesion molecules changes proliferation and cell size of cortical astrocytesChiaki Sugimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 30:400-5. 2012..of limbic system-associated protein (LAMP), opioid binding cell adhesion molecule (OBCAM), neurotrimin (Ntm) and Kilon. In the present study, we investigated the overexpression of LAMP, OBCAM, Ntm and Kilon on the proliferation and ..
- What model organisms and interactomics can reveal about the genetics of human obesityMichael J Williams
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:3819-34. 2012..biological databases and discovered 33 additional genes associated with human obesity (CADM2, GIPR, GPCR5B, LRP1B, NEGR1, NRXN3, SH2B1, FANCL, GNPDA2, HMGCR, MAP2K5, NUDT3, PRKD1, QPCTL, TNNI3K, MTCH2, DNAJC27, SLC39A8, MTIF3, RPL27A, ..
- Analysis of the contribution of FTO, NPC1, ENPP1, NEGR1, GNPDA2 and MC4R genes to obesity in Mexican childrenAurora Mejía-Benítez
Departamento de Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Centro de Investigación yde Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
BMC Med Genet 14:21. 2013..We aimed to assess the contribution of some of these SNPs to obesity risk and to the variation of related metabolic traits, in Mexican children...
- The influence of obesity-related single nucleotide polymorphisms on BMI across the life course: the PAGE studyMariaelisa Graff
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 62:1763-7. 2013..heterogeneity in the associations of five established obesity risk variants (near FTO, GNPDA2, MTCH2, TMEM18, and NEGR1) with BMI across four distinct epochs of adulthood: 1) young adulthood (ages 18-25 years), adulthood (ages 26-49 ..
- The role of obesity-related genetic loci in insulin sensitivityT Fall
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabet Med 29:e62-6. 2012..There is a strong link between obesity and insulin sensitivity, and we hypothesized that known obesity susceptibility loci may act via effects on insulin sensitivity...
- Family-based genome-wide copy number scan identifies five new genes of dyslexia involved in dendritic spinal plasticityAvinash M Veerappa
Genomics Laboratory, Department of Studies in Zoology, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, India
J Hum Genet 58:539-47. 2013..CNVs) in ten Indian dyslexic families revealed the presence of five de novo CNVs in regions harboring GABARAP, NEGR1, ACCN1, DCDC5, and one in already known candidate gene CNTNAP2...
- Rs4074134 near BDNF gene is associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in Chinese Han population independently of body mass indexXueyao Han
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Diabetes Center, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e56898. 2013..Five genetic loci including rs2815752 near NEGR1, rs10938397 near GNPDA2, rs4074134 near BDNF, rs17782313 near MC4R and rs1084753 near KCTD15 were genotyped...
- Functional relevance of genes implicated by obesity genome-wide association study signals for human adipocyte biologyF Bernhard
Center for Pediatric Research, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Department of Women s and Child Health, University of Leipzig, Liebigstraße 21, Leipzig, Germany
Diabetologia 56:311-22. 2013..We investigated the functional relevance of such genes in human adipocytes...
- Association of the FTO obesity risk variant rs8050136 with percentage of energy intake from fat in multiple racial/ethnic populations: the PAGE studySungshim Lani Park
Epidemiology Program, University of Hawaii Cancer Center, 701 Ilalo Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Am J Epidemiol 178:780-90. 2013..We investigated the associations between 6 obesity risk variants in (or near) the NEGR1, TMEM18, BDNF, FTO, MC4R, and KCTD15 genes and macronutrient intake (carbohydrate, protein, ethanol, and fat) in 3 ..
- Transcription of glnA by purified Escherichia coli components: core RNA polymerase and the products of glnF, glnG, and glnLT P Hunt
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:8453-7. 1985We have shown that the purified glnF (ntrA) product of Escherichia coli binds to core RNA polymerase. Together these proteins initiated transcription at the nitrogen-regulated promoter glnAp2 on a supercoiled template...
- Products of nitrogen regulatory genes ntrA and ntrC of enteric bacteria activate glnA transcription in vitro: evidence that the ntrA product is a sigma factorJ Hirschman
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7525-9. 1985In enteric bacteria the products of two nitrogen regulatory genes, ntrA and ntrC, activate transcription of glnA, the structural gene encoding glutamine synthetase, both in vivo and in vitro...
- Functional analysis of seven genes linked to body mass index and adiposity by genome-wide association studies: a reviewJohn R Speakman
Key State Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Hum Hered 75:57-79. 2013..The remaining 7 SNPs are adjacent to, or within, the genes NEGR1, TMEM18, ETV5, FLJ35779, LINGO2, SH2B1 and GIPR, most of which are less well studied than FTO, particularly in the ..
- Rhizobium meliloti ntrA (rpoN) gene is required for diverse metabolic functionsC W Ronson
J Bacteriol 169:2424-31. 1987We report the identification and cloning of an ntrA-like (glnF rpoN) gene of Rhizobium meliloti and show that the R...
- Nutritional state affects the expression of the obesity-associated genes Etv5, Faim2, Fto, and Negr1Arjen J Boender
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2420-5. 2012..We show that the expression of Etv5, Faim2, Fto, Negr1 but not Sh2b1 is affected by nutritional state in these two areas, thereby providing insight into the relationship ..
- Replication of established common genetic variants for adult BMI and childhood obesity in Greek adolescents: the TEENAGE studyIoanna Ntalla
Harokopio University of Athens, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, 17671 Athens, Greece
Ann Hum Genet 77:268-74. 2013..05). Variants at TFAP2B and NEGR1 loci showed nominal association (p < 0.05) with BMI and/or overweight risk in males and females respectively...
- Interplay between the NADP-linked thioredoxin and glutathione systems in Arabidopsis auxin signalingTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement Université de Perpignan Via Domitia 5096, 66860 Perpignan, France
Plant Cell 22:376-91. 2010..Here, we show by associating TRX reductases (ntra ntrb) and glutathione biosynthesis (cad2) mutations that these two thiol reduction pathways interfere with ..
- Implication of genetic variants near NEGR1, SEC16B, TMEM18, ETV5/DGKG, GNPDA2, LIN7C/BDNF, MTCH2, BCDIN3D/FAIM2, SH2B1, FTO, MC4R, and KCTD15 with obesity and type 2 diabetes in 7705 ChineseMaggie C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2418-25. 2010..Recent genome-wide association studies have identified multiple novel loci associated with obesity in Europeans. We hypothesized that these genetic variants may be associated with obesity and type 2 diabetes (T2D) in Chinese...
- Obesity susceptibility genetic variants identified from recent genome-wide association studies: implications in a chinese populationChloe Y Y Cheung
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1395-403. 2010..Recent large-scale genome-wide association studies identified novel genetic variants associated with obesity and body mass index (BMI) in addition to the well-described FTO and MC4R genetic variants...
- Novel obesity risk loci do not determine distribution of body fat depots: a whole-body MRI/MRS studyAxel Haupt
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1212-7. 2010..SNPs) TMEM18 rs6548238, KCTD15 rs11084753, GNPDA2 rs10938397, SH2B1 rs7498665, MTCH2 rs10838738, and NEGR1 rs2815752. We assessed BMI, waist circumference, total body fat, and lean body mass (bioimpedance)...
- Association between obesity and polymorphisms in SEC16B, TMEM18, GNPDA2, BDNF, FAIM2 and MC4R in a Japanese populationKikuko Hotta
Laboratory for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Yokohama, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:727-31. 2009..the Caucasian populations is associated with variations in several genes, including neuronal growth regulator 1 (NEGR1), SEC16 homolog B (SCE16B), transmembrane protein 18 (TMEM18), ets variant 5 (ETV5), glucosamine-6-phosphate ..
- Accumulation of flavonoids in an ntra ntrb mutant leads to tolerance to UV-CTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, UMR CNRS 5096, 52 Avenue Paul Alduy, 66860 Perpignan, France
Mol Plant 2:249-58. 2009..There are two genes encoding NTRs (NTRA and NTRB) in the Arabidopsis genome, each encoding a cytosolic and a mitochondrial isoform...
- Cumulative effects and predictive value of common obesity-susceptibility variants identified by genome-wide association studiesShengxu Li
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 91:184-90. 2010..Large-scale genome-wide association studies have identified 12 genetic loci that are robustly associated with body mass index (BMI)...
- IgLON cell adhesion molecules regulate synaptogenesis in hippocampal neuronsTakashi Hashimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 27:496-8. 2009..molecules (CAMs) belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily comprise of LAMP, neurotrimin (Ntm), OBCAM, and Kilon. In the present study, we performed the single and double transfection of IgLON gene constructs into hippocampal ..
- Identification and characterization of thioredoxin h isoforms differentially expressed in germinating seeds of the model legume Medicago truncatulaMichelle Renard
Physiologie Moléculaire des Semences, UMR 1191 Université d Angers Institut National d Horticulture INRA, 49045 Angers cedex 01, France
Plant Physiol 155:1113-26. 2011..Isoforms of groups I and II were found to be reduced by M. truncatula NTRA, but with different efficiencies, Trxs of group II being more efficiently reduced than Trxs of group I...
- Genes and lifestyle factors in obesity: results from 12,462 subjects from MONICA/KORAC Holzapfel
Else Kroner Fresenius Center for Nutritional Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:1538-45. 2010..It was consecutively hypothesized that these associations might be evoked by a modulation of nutritional intake or energy expenditure...
- Genetic markers of adult obesity risk are associated with greater early infancy weight gain and growthCathy E Elks
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 7:e1000284. 2010..Exploration of these genotype associations in children may provide insights into the timing of weight changes leading to adult obesity...
- Computed tomography analysis of the association between the SH2B1 rs7498665 single-nucleotide polymorphism and visceral fat areaKikuko Hotta
EBM Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Hum Genet 56:716-9. 2011..visceral fat area (VFA) and subcutaneous fat area (SFA), for the following single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs): NEGR1 rs2815752, SEC16B rs10913469, TMEM18 rs6548238, ETV5 rs7647305, GNPDA2 rs10938397, BDNF rs6265 and rs925946, MTCH2 ..
- Association of variations in the FTO, SCG3 and MTMR9 genes with metabolic syndrome in a Japanese populationKikuko Hotta
EBM Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Hum Genet 56:647-51. 2011..is evidence that obesity and obesity-related phenotypes are associated with variations in several genes, including NEGR1, SEC16B, TMEM18, ETV5, GNPDA2, BDNF, MTCH2, SH2B1, FTO, MAF, MC4R, KCTD15, SCG3, MTMR9, TFAP2B, MSRA, LYPLAL1, ..
- Mendelian Randomisation Study of Childhood BMI and Early MenarcheHannah S Mumby
MRC Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Addenbrooke s Hospital, P O Box 285, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
J Obes 2011:180729. 2011..DNA was genotyped for twelve BMI-associated common variants (in/near FTO, MC4R, TMEM18, GNPDA2, KCTD15, NEGR1, BDNF, ETV5, MTCH2, SEC16B, FAIM2 and SH2B1), and for each individual a "BMI-increasing-allele-score" ..
- 1-(2-Furylmethyl-ene)-2-(2-nitro-phen-yl)hydrazineZhi gang Yin
Key Laboratory of Surface and Interface Science of Henan, School of Materials and Chemical Engineering, Zhengzhou University of Light Industry, Zhengzhou 450002, People s Republic of China
Acta Crystallogr E Struct Rep Online 65:o2534. 2009..097 (4). An in ntra-molecular N-H⋯O hydrogen bond might influence the planar conformation of the mol-ecule...
- Peroxiredoxins and NADPH-dependent thioredoxin systems in the model legume Lotus japonicusAlejandro Tovar-Mendez
Departamento de Nutrición Vegetal, Estacion Experimental de Aula Dei, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 50080 Zaragoza, Spain
Plant Physiol 156:1535-47. 2011..Nodules contain significant mRNA and protein amounts of cytosolic PrxIIB, Trxh1, and NTRA and of plastidic NTRC...
- Differential coexpression analysis of obesity-associated networks in human subcutaneous adipose tissueA J Walley
Department of Genomics of Common Disease, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:137-47. 2012....
- Redox regulation of auxin signaling and plant development in ArabidopsisTalaat Bashandy
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, UMR CNRS IRD UPVD 5096, Perpignan, France
Plant Signal Behav 6:117-9. 2011..the NADP-linked thioredoxin and glutathione systems in auxin signaling genetically, by associating TRX reductase (ntra ntrb) and glutathione biosynthesis (cad2) mutations...
- Neuronal genes for subcutaneous fat thickness in human and pig are identified by local genomic sequencing and combined SNP association studyKyung Tai Lee
Division of Animal Genomics and Bioinformatics, National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 6:e16356. 2011..association studies also suggest that eight neuronal genes are responsible for subcutaneous fat thickness: NEGR1, SLC44A5, PDE4B, LPHN2, ELTD1, ST6GALNAC3, ST6GALNAC5, and TTLL7...
- FTO and MC4R gene variants are associated with obesity in polycystic ovary syndromeKathryn G Ewens
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16390. 2011..Only one of these 15 SNPs (rs2815752 in NEGR1) was found to have a nominally significant association with PCOS (χ(2) = 6.11, P = 0...
- Activation of the Rhizobium leguminosarum glnII gene by NtrC is dependent on upstream DNA sequencesE J Patriarca
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, CNR, Naples, Italy
Mol Gen Genet 234:337-45. 1992..transcribed as a monocistronic unit from a single promoter, which shows structural features characteristic of rpoN (ntrA)-dependent promoters. In K...
- MC4R variant is associated with BMI but not response to resistance training in young femalesFunda E Orkunoglu-Suer
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:662-6. 2011..in a cohort (n = 796) that undertook a 12-week resistance-training program. Females with a copy of the rare allele (C) for rs17782313 (MC4R) had significantly higher BMIs (..
- Genetic susceptibility to obesity and related traits in childhood and adolescence: influence of loci identified by genome-wide association studiesMarcel den Hoed
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Cambridge, UK
Diabetes 59:2980-8. 2010..We examined associations of variants in these loci with anthropometric traits in children and adolescents...
- The role of obesity-associated loci identified in genome-wide association studies in the determination of pediatric BMIJianhua Zhao
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:2254-7. 2009..significant association to BMI, representing nine different loci including INSIG2, FTO, MC4R, TMEM18, GNPDA2, NEGR1, BDNF, KCTD15, and 1q25. Other loci revealed no evidence for association, namely at MTCH2, SH2B1, 12q13, and 3q27...
- A novel nitroreductase of Staphylococcus aureus with S-nitrosoglutathione reductase activityAna Filipa N Tavares
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, UNL, Av da Republica EAN, 2780 157 Oeiras, Portugal
J Bacteriol 191:3403-6. 2009In this report we show that inactivation of the putative nitroreductase SA0UHSC_00833 (ntrA) increases the sensitivity of Staphylococcus aureus to S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) and augments its resistance to nitrofurans. S...
- Expression of the IgLON cell adhesion molecules Kilon and OBCAM in hypothalamic magnocellular neuronsS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Comp Neurol 424:74-85. 2000..In the present study, we investigated the expression of two immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF) proteins, Kilon and OBCAM, in the magnocellular neurons by using monoclonal antibodies...
- Virulence of the phytopathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. maculicola is rpoN dependentE L Hendrickson
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Bosston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Bacteriol 182:3498-507. 2000We cloned the rpoN (ntrA and glnF) gene encoding sigma(54) from the phytopathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. maculicola strain ES4326. The P...
- prpR, ntrA, and ihf functions are required for expression of the prpBCDE operon, encoding enzymes that catabolize propionate in Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium LT2S Palacios
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706 1567, USA
J Bacteriol 182:905-10. 2000..Transcription of the lacZ reporter in prpR, ntrA, and ihfB mutants was 85-, 83-, and 15-fold lower than the level of transcription measured in strains carrying the ..
- Characterization of a novel rat brain glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein (Kilon), a member of the IgLON cell adhesion molecule familyN Funatsu
Department of Biotechnology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:8224-30. 1999..family members including LAMP, OBCAM, neurotrimin, CEPU-1, AvGP50, and GP55, we termed this protein Kilon (a kindred of IgLON)...
- Simultaneous prevention of glutamine synthesis and high-affinity transport attenuates Salmonella typhimurium virulenceK E Klose
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Infect Immun 65:587-96. 1997..is under the control of the nitrogen-regulatory (ntr) system comprising the alternate sigma factor sigma54 (NtrA) and the two-component sensor-transcriptional activator pair NtrB and NtrC...
- Azorhizobium caulinodans nitrogen fixation (nif/fix) gene regulation: mutagenesis of the nifA -24/-12 promoter element, characterization of a ntrA(rpoN) gene, and derivation of a modelJ Stigter
MSU DOE Plant Research Laboratory, East Lansing 48824
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 6:238-52. 1993..the -24/-12 promoter element is important for nifA gene expression and suggesting the involvement of a sigma 54 (NtrA/RpoN)-type transcription factor in nifA gene regulation...
- Cloning and sequence of the Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar phaseoli fixA geneJ Michiels
F A Janssens Laboratory of Genetics, Catholic University of Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1144:232-3. 1993..The corresponding gene product is highly homologous to the Rhizobium meliloti and Azorhizobium caulinodans FixA proteins. Putative NtrA- and NifA-binding sites are identified in the fixA promoter region.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a proline iminopeptidase gene from Neisseria gonorrhoeaeN H Albertson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0620
Mol Microbiol 9:1203-11. 1993..coli, determined by primer extension analysis, was characteristic of an NtrA or sigma-54-dependent promotor. Complementation of an E...
- Deduced products of C4-dicarboxylate transport regulatory genes of Rhizobium leguminosarum are homologous to nitrogen regulatory gene productsC W Ronson
Grasslands Division, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Nucleic Acids Res 15:7921-34. 1987..with the products of ntrC and nifA, transcriptional activators that require the alternate sigma factor rpoN (ntrA) as co-activator. The central region of DctD also contained a potential ATP-binding domain...
- Protein kinase and phosphoprotein phosphatase activities of nitrogen regulatory proteins NTRB and NTRC of enteric bacteria: roles of the conserved amino-terminal domain of NTRCJ Keener
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:4976-80. 1988..activates transcription of nitrogen-regulated genes by a holoenzyme form of RNA polymerase that contains the ntrA product (sigma 54) as sigma factor...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the ntrA (rpoN) gene of Pseudomonas putidaS Inouye
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Gene 85:145-52. 1989The gene encoding a sigma factor NtrA (RpoN) was cloned from Pseudomonas putida by cross-hybridization with a probe containing a part of the corresponding Escherichia coli gene. The cloned gene complemented an ntrA mutation of E...
- Characterization of divergent NtrA-dependent promoters in the anaerobically expressed gene cluster coding for hydrogenase 3 components of Escherichia coliS Lutz
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Munchen, FRG
Mol Microbiol 4:13-20. 1990..analysis revealed the existence of a 210 bp non-coding region containing two sequences showing homology to -24/-12 NtrA-dependent promoters...
- Analysis of the C4-dicarboxylate transport genes of Rhizobium meliloti: nucleotide sequence and deduced products of dctA, dctB, and dctDR J Watson
Plant Research Centre, Agriculture Canada, Ottawa, Ontario
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 3:174-81. 1990..The dctA gene is preceded by the sequence CTGGCACG-N4-TTGCT, which is characteristic of promoters requiring the ntrA-encoded protein for activation...
- Bradyrhizobium japonicum has two differentially regulated, functional homologs of the sigma 54 gene (rpoN)I Kullik
Mikrobiologisches Institut, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule, ETH Zentrum, Zurich, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 173:1125-38. 1991Recognition of -24/-12-type promoters by RNA polymerase requires a special sigma factor, sigma 54 (RpoN NtrA GlnF)...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the glutamine synthetase structural gene (glnA) from the obligate methanotroph Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath)D L Cardy
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
J Gen Microbiol 136:343-52. 1990..coli-type promoter. Promoter P2, which was located between P1 and P3, resembled the NtrA-dependent promoters of enteric organisms...
- Molecular characterization of an operon (hyp) necessary for the activity of the three hydrogenase isoenzymes in Escherichia coliS Lutz
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Munchen, FRG
Mol Microbiol 5:123-35. 1991..chemical or proteolytic subunits, Under fermentative growth conditions, operon expression was governed by an NtrA-dependent promoter lying upstream of hypA working together with an fnr gene product-dependent promoter which was ..
- Transcriptional regulation of cytochrome d in nitrogen-fixing Azotobacter vinelandii. Evidence that up-regulation during N2 fixation is independent of nifA but dependent on ntrAF Moshiri
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
J Biol Chem 266:23169-74. 1991..5-fold upon the induction of nitrogen fixation. The cyd-lacZ fusions were characterized in a nifA- as well as an ntrA- background...
- Analysis of an upstream regulatory sequence required for activation of the regulatory gene xylS in xylene metabolism directed by the TOL plasmid of Pseudomonas putidaM Gomada
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 233:419-26. 1992..by another positive regulator, XylR, in the presence of m-xylene and is dependent on RNA polymerase containing the NtrA protein (sigma 54)...
- [Characteristics of genes identified in the 120 MDa plasmid DNA in a mutant of Azospirillum brasilense Sp245 bacteria, defective in polar flagellation and swarming]E I Katsy
Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants and Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, Saratov, 410015 Russia
Genetika 38:22-32. 2002..The NtrA (sigma 54) boxes were found in their upstream regions. The products of orf1 and orf2 are 16.5 and 15...
- [Guillain-Barré syndrome in the northern area of Gran Canaria and the island of Lanzarote]Y Aladro-Benito
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:705-10. 2002..The objective of this study is to analyse the incidence and clinical characteristics of Guillain Barre syndrome (GBS) in the Canary Islands...
- A mutant GlnD nitrogen sensor protein leads to a nitrogen-fixing but ineffective Sinorhizobium meliloti symbiosis with alfalfaSvetlana N Yurgel
Institute of Biological Chemistry and School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18958-63. 2008..meliloti strains with mutations in genes related to nitrogen stress response regulation (glnD, glnB, ntrC, and ntrA) showed that catabolism of various nitrogen-containing compounds depended on the NtrC and GlnD components of the ..
- Characterization of Brucella abortus sigma factor sigma54 (rpoN): genetic complementation of Sinorhizobium meliloti ntrA mutantFlorencia Iannino
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas Instituto Tecnologico de Chascomus IIB INTECH, Consejo de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad Nacional de General San Martín CONICET UNSAM, Av Gral Paz 5445, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microb Pathog 45:394-402. 2008..pathogen Brucella abortus has an alternative sigma factor sigma54 (RpoN) highly similar to Sinorhizobium meliloti NtrA. RpoN was described to be required for the transcription of a wide range of genes involved in diverse physiological ..
- Glycosylation analysis of IgLON family proteins in rat brain by liquid chromatography and multiple-stage mass spectrometrySatsuki Itoh
Division of Biological Chemistry and Biologicals, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Biochemistry 47:10132-54. 2008..limbic-associated membrane protein (LAMP), opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule (OBCAM), neurotrimin, and Kilon, are immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily cell adhesion molecules...
- IgLON cell adhesion molecule Kilon is a crucial modulator for synapse number in hippocampal neuronsTakashi Hashimoto
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Brain Res 1224:1-11. 2008b>Kilon is a member of the IgLON family belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell adhesion molecules...
- Are recently identified genetic variants regulating BMI in the general population associated with anorexia nervosa?Marek K Brandys
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:695-9. 2010..The percentages of BMI-increasing alleles were equal between cases and controls. This study found no evidence that genetic variants regulating BMI in the general population are significantly associated with susceptibility to AN...
- [Hemoglobinopathies diagnosed at the University Hospital Ntra. Sra. de Candelaria and its area of reference in Santa Cruz de Tenerife during one year]S de las Heras Flórez
Servicio de Analisis Clinicos, Hospital Universitario Nuestra Senora de Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife
An Med Interna 25:61-6. 2008..To describe number and type of hemoglobinopathies diagnosed in our area of reference during one year as well as the origin of these patients, to have a first contact with this pathology not characterized in our province until now...
- Sigma factors in Pseudomonas aeruginosaEric Potvin
Centre de Recherche sur la Fonction, Structure et Ingénierie des Protéines, Faculte de Medecine, Pavillon Charles Eugène Marchand, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
FEMS Microbiol Rev 32:38-55. 2008..and ECF including rpoD (sigma(70)), RpoH (sigma(32)), RpoF (FliA or sigma(28)), RpoS (sigma(S) or sigma(38)), RpoN (NtrA, sigma(54) or sigma(N)), ECF including AlgU (RpoE or sigma(22)), PvdS, SigX and a collection of uncharacterized ..
- Genome-wide association and linkage analyses of hemostatic factors and hematological phenotypes in the Framingham Heart StudyQiong Yang
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:S12. 2007..We sought to confirm known putative loci and identify novel loci that may influence either trait in genome-wide association and linkage analyses using the Affymetrix GeneChip 100K single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) set...
- Dendrite-associated opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule localizes at neurosecretory granules in the hypothalamic magnocellular neuronsS Miyata
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
Neuroscience 122:169-81. 2003..b>Kilon, another IgLON member, was also shown to localize at the neurosecretory granules of vasopressin-positive dendrites ..
- Inactivation of thioredoxin reductases reveals a complex interplay between thioredoxin and glutathione pathways in Arabidopsis developmentJean Philippe Reichheld
Laboratoire Génome et Développement des Plantes, Universite de Perpignan, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 5096, Perpignan, France
Plant Cell 19:1851-65. 2007..The Arabidopsis thaliana genome has two genes coding for NTRs (NTRA and NTRB), both of which encode mitochondrial and cytosolic isoforms...
- Unique properties of NADP-thioredoxin reductase C in legumesFatima Alkhalfioui
Physiologie Moléculaire des Semences, UMR 1191 Université d Angers Institut National d Horticulture INRA, ARES, 16 boulevard Lavoisier, 49045 Angers cedex 01, France
J Exp Bot 58:969-78. 2007..Beside NTRA and NTRB targeted to both cytosol and mitochondria of plant cells, there is in chloroplasts an unusual NTR (NTRC) ..
- Modification-specific proteomics of plasma membrane proteins: identification and characterization of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins released upon phospholipase D treatmentFelix Elortza
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteome Res 5:935-43. 2006....
- Neurotractin/kilon promotes neurite outgrowth and is expressed on reactive astrocytes after entorhinal cortex lesionMichael Schafer
Max Delbrueck Centre for Molecular Medicine, Developmental Neurobiology Group, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 29:580-90. 2005..Here, we cloned and characterized the murine IgLON subgroup member neurotractin/kilon, in the context of brain development and axonal regeneration...
- Gaze-dependent and time-restricted visual acuity measures in patients with Infantile Nystagmus Syndrome (INS)Dongsheng Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:716-8. 2005..We report a new method of measuring visual function in patients with INS by demonstrating the effects of eccentric gaze and forced time restriction on optotype recognition...
- Identification of a genetic locus for autosomal dominant disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosis on chromosome 1p31.3-p31.1Ping Liu
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of Ministry of Education, Center for Human Genome Research, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Hum Genet 123:507-13. 2008..Eight candidate genes including GNG12, IL12RB2, ITGB3BP, DNAJ6, PIN1L, GADD45A, RPE65 and NEGR1 were sequenced, but found to be negative for functional sequence variants...
- Isolation and sequencing of the Alcaligenes denitrificans azurin-encoding gene: comparison with the genes encoding blue copper proteins from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Alcaligenes faecalisC W Hoitink
Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Gene 90:15-20. 1990..coding for the blue copper proteins from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Alcaligenes faecalis reveals the presence of ntrA and fnr boxes in front of all three genes, instead of a regular [-10, -35]-promoter. In P...
- Co-localisation, heterophilic interactions and regulated expression of IgLON family proteins in the chick nervous systemA P Lodge
Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Liverpool, New Medical School, Ashton St, L69 3GE, Liverpool, UK
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 82:84-94. 2000..of the IgLON family, a group of glycoproteins including LAMP, OBCAM, CEPU-1 (chick)/neurotrimin (rat) and neurotractin (chick)/kilon (rat) thought to play a role in the guidance of growing axons...
- Association of systemic lupus erythematosus with C8orf13-BLK and ITGAM-ITGAXGeoffrey Hom
Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
N Engl J Med 358:900-9. 2008..Alleles of HLA-DRB1, IRF5, and STAT4 are established susceptibility genes; there is strong evidence for the existence of additional risk loci...
- Replication and extension of genome-wide association study results for obesity in 4923 adults from northern SwedenFrida Renstrom
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 18:1489-96. 2009..GWAS) have identified multiple risk loci for common obesity (FTO, MC4R, TMEM18, GNPDA2, SH2B1, KCTD15, MTCH2, NEGR1 and PCSK1)...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION IN RHODOBACTER CAPSULATUSROBERT KRANZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..Specific aims include: sequencing and mutagenesis of an ntrA-like gene which codes for a RNA polymerase sigma factor used for nitrogen regulated promoters...
- Short-Latency Disparity Vergence in Strabismic SubjectsDongsheng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The rapid, reflex-like nature allows objective assessments of binocular function for potentially all age subjects since active visual attention is not required and promises for future studying of the development of binocular vision. ..