Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NEDD4L
Description: neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-like, E3 ubiquitin protein ligase
Alias: NEDD4-2, NEDD4.2, PVNH7, RSP5, hNEDD4-2, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase NEDD4-like, HECT-type E3 ubiquitin transferase NED4L, ubiquitin-protein ligase Rsp5
- Hryciw D, Ekberg J, Lee A, Lensink I, Kumar S, Guggino W, et al. Nedd4-2 functionally interacts with ClC-5: involvement in constitutive albumin endocytosis in proximal tubule cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54996-5007 pubmed..These data demonstrate that normal constitutive uptake of albumin by the proximal tubule requires Nedd4-2, which may act via ubiquitination to shunt ClC-5 into the endocytic pathway. ..
- Jespersen T, Membrez M, Nicolas C, Pitard B, Staub O, Olesen S, et al. The KCNQ1 potassium channel is down-regulated by ubiquitylating enzymes of the Nedd4/Nedd4-like family. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;74:64-74 pubmed..This mechanism may thereby be important in regulating the surface density of the KCNQ1 channels in cardiomyocytes and other cell types. ..
- Snyder P, Olson D, Thomas B. Serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase modulates Nedd4-2-mediated inhibition of the epithelial Na+ channel. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5-8 pubmed..These data suggest that SGK regulates epithelial Na+ absorption in part by modulating the function of hNedd4-2. ..
- Raikwar N, Vandewalle A, Thomas C. Nedd4-2 interacts with occludin to inhibit tight junction formation and enhance paracellular conductance in collecting duct epithelia. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F436-44 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate that Nedd4-2 plays a role in tight junction assembly and the regulation of paracellular conductance in the collecting duct. ..
- Dussupt V, Sette P, Bello N, Javid M, Nagashima K, Bouamr F. Basic residues in the nucleocapsid domain of Gag are critical for late events of HIV-1 budding. J Virol. 2011;85:2304-15 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support a model in which NC plays a critical role in HIV-1 budding. ..
- Wang H, Li N, Yao X, Hong J, Luo W, Chang J. [Association of the rs4149601 polymorphism of NEDD4L gene with obesity in Xinjiang Kazakh population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2010;27:668-71 pubmed publisher..of the rs4149601 polymorphisms of neural precursor cell expressed developmentally downregulated 4-like gene (NEDD4L) and obesity in Xinjiang Kazakh population...
- Ding Y, Zhang Y, Xu C, Tao Q, Chen Y. HECT domain-containing E3 ubiquitin ligase NEDD4L negatively regulates Wnt signaling by targeting dishevelled for proteasomal degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8289-98 pubmed publisher..Dishevelled (Dvl) is a central mediator for both Wnt/β-catenin and Wnt/planar cell polarity pathways. NEDD4L, an E3 ubiquitin ligase, has been shown to regulate ion channel activity, cell signaling, and cell polarity...
- Russo C, Melista E, Cui J, Destefano A, Bakris G, Manolis A, et al. Association of NEDD4L ubiquitin ligase with essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2005;46:488-91 pubmedb>NEDD4L is a ubiquitin ligase that controls cell surface expression of kidney epithelial Na+ channels by ubiquitin-mediated endocytosis and lysosome targeting. Thus, it is a significant determinant of Na+ reabsorption in the distal nephron...
- Rauh R, Dinudom A, Fotia A, Paulides M, Kumar S, Korbmacher C, et al. Stimulation of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) by the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (Sgk) involves the PY motifs of the channel but is independent of sodium feedback inhibition. Pflugers Arch. 2006;452:290-9 pubmed..We conclude that the stimulatory effect of Sgk on ENaC requires the presence of the channel's PY motifs, but it is not due to the interruption of Na+ feedback regulation. ..
- Boehmer C, Henke G, Schniepp R, Palmada M, Rothstein J, Broer S, et al. Regulation of the glutamate transporter EAAT1 by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 and the serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms SGK1/3 and protein kinase B. J Neurochem. 2003;86:1181-8 pubmed..The experiments reveal a powerful novel mechanism that regulates the activity of EAAT1. This mechanism might participate in the regulation of neuronal excitability and glutamate transport in other tissues. ..
- Gao C, Pang L, Ren C, Ma T. Decreased expression of Nedd4L correlates with poor prognosis in gastric cancer patient. Med Oncol. 2012;29:1733-8 pubmed publisherThe neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-like (Nedd4L) gene encodes an ubiquitin ligase that targets the epithelial sodium channel for degradation...
- Snyder P. Down-regulating destruction: phosphorylation regulates the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. Sci Signal. 2009;2:pe41 pubmed publisher..Nedd4-2 phosphorylation is emerging as a central convergence point for the regulation of epithelial Na(+) transport. ..
- Chung H, Morita E, von Schwedler U, Muller B, Kräusslich H, Sundquist W. NEDD4L overexpression rescues the release and infectivity of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 constructs lacking PTAP and YPXL late domains. J Virol. 2008;82:4884-97 pubmed publisher..We now report that overexpression of the HECT ubiquitin E3 ligase, NEDD4L/NEDD4-2, stimulated the release of HIV-1 constructs that lacked TSG101- and ALIX-binding late domains, increasing ..
- Araki N, Umemura M, Miyagi Y, Yabana M, Miki Y, Tamura K, et al. Expression, transcription, and possible antagonistic interaction of the human Nedd4L gene variant: implications for essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2008;51:773-7 pubmed publisher..Among various modulating proteins, E3 ubiquitin ligase, Nedd4L, binds the PY motif of ENaC COOH terminals and catalyzes ubiquitination of the NH(2) terminus of the protein for ..
- Al Salihi M, Herhaus L, MacArtney T, Sapkota G. USP11 augments TGFβ signalling by deubiquitylating ALK5. Open Biol. 2012;2:120063 pubmed publisher..Central to TGFβ pathway signalling in early embryogenesis and carcinogenesis is TGFβ-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition. USP11 depletion results in inhibition of TGFβ-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition. ..
- Wen H, Lin R, Jiao Y, Wang F, Wang S, Lu D, et al. Two polymorphisms in NEDD4L gene and essential hypertension in Chinese Hans - a population-based case-control study. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2008;30:87-94 pubmed publisherNeural precursor cell expressed developmentally down-regulated 4-like (NEDD4L) gene may play an important role in the development of hypertension by regulating the amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel for sodium reabsorption...
- Usami Y, Popov S, Popova E, Gottlinger H. Efficient and specific rescue of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 budding defects by a Nedd4-like ubiquitin ligase. J Virol. 2008;82:4898-907 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a novel mechanism by which HIV-1 Gag can connect to cellular budding machinery. ..
- He Y, Hryciw D, Carroll M, Myers S, Whitbread A, Kumar S, et al. The ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-2 differentially interacts with and regulates members of the Tweety family of chloride ion channels. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24000-10 pubmed publisher..These data, indicating that Nedd4-2 differentially interacts with and regulates TTYH1-3, will be important for understanding mechanisms controlling Tweety proteins in physiology and disease. ..
- Kikonyogo A, Bouamr F, Vana M, Xiang Y, Aiyar A, Carter C, et al. Proteins related to the Nedd4 family of ubiquitin protein ligases interact with the L domain of Rous sarcoma virus and are required for gag budding from cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11199-204 pubmed..These findings mechanistically link the cellular ubiquitination pathway to retrovirus budding. ..
- Persaud A, Alberts P, Amsen E, Xiong X, Wasmuth J, Saadon Z, et al. Comparison of substrate specificity of the ubiquitin ligases Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 using proteome arrays. Mol Syst Biol. 2009;5:333 pubmed publisher..The nine Nedd4 family proteins in mammals include two close relatives: Nedd4 (Nedd4-1) and Nedd4L (Nedd4-2), but their global substrate recognition or differences in substrate specificity are unknown...
- Qi H, Grenier J, Fournier A, Labrie C. Androgens differentially regulate the expression of NEDD4L transcripts in LNCaP human prostate cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;210:51-62 pubmedThe NEDD4L gene encodes a ubiquitin ligase that targets the epithelial sodium channel for degradation...
- Dunn D, Ishigami T, Pankow J, von Niederhausern A, Alder J, Hunt S, et al. Common variant of human NEDD4L activates a cryptic splice site to form a frameshifted transcript. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:665-76 pubmedThe ubiquitin ligase NEDD4L is a candidate gene for essential hypertension on both functional and genetic grounds...
- Yang B, Kumar S. Nedd4 and Nedd4-2: closely related ubiquitin-protein ligases with distinct physiological functions. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:68-77 pubmed publisher..family, Nedd4 and its close relative, Nedd4-2, represent the ancestral ligases with strong similarity to the yeast, Rsp5. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rsp5 has a key role in regulating the trafficking, sorting, and degradation of a large ..
- Garrone N, Blazer Yost B, Weiss R, Lalouel J, Rohrwasser A. A human polymorphism affects NEDD4L subcellular targeting by leading to two isoforms that contain or lack a C2 domain. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:26 pubmed publisher..b>NEDD4L is a member of the HECT class of E3 ubiquitin ligases...
- Chan W, Tian R, Lee Y, Sit S, Lim L, Manser E. Down-regulation of active ACK1 is mediated by association with the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:8185-94 pubmed publisher..These processes are particularly pertinent given the report of genomic amplification of the ACK1 locus in metastatic tumors. ..
- Asher C, Sinha I, Garty H. Characterization of the interactions between Nedd4-2, ENaC, and sgk-1 using surface plasmon resonance. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1612:59-64 pubmed..The measurements demonstrate that WW3 and WW4 are the only Nedd4-2 domains interacting with both ENaC and sgk-1 and that their binding constants are in the 1-6 microM range. ..
- Henke G, Maier G, Wallisch S, Boehmer C, Lang F. Regulation of the voltage gated K+ channel Kv1.3 by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 and the serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinase SGK1. J Cell Physiol. 2004;199:194-9 pubmed..3 in both, presence and absence of Nedd4-2. It is concluded that Kv1.3 is downregulated by Nedd4-2 and stimulates by SGK1, SGK2, and SGK3. The data thus disclose a novel mechanism of Kv1.3 channel regulation. ..
- Palmada M, Dieter M, Speil A, Bohmer C, Mack A, Wagner H, et al. Regulation of intestinal phosphate cotransporter NaPi IIb by ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 and by serum- and glucocorticoid-dependent kinase 1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;287:G143-50 pubmed..Thus the present study reveals a novel signaling pathway in the regulation of intestinal phosphate transport, which may be important for regulation of phosphate balance. ..
- Kuratomi G, Komuro A, Goto K, Shinozaki M, Miyazawa K, Miyazono K, et al. NEDD4-2 (neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-2) negatively regulates TGF-beta (transforming growth factor-beta) signalling by inducing ubiquitin-mediated degradation of Smad2 and TGF-beta type I receptor. Biochem J. 2005;386:461-70 pubmed
- Bruce M, Kanelis V, Fouladkou F, Debonneville A, Staub O, Rotin D. Regulation of Nedd4-2 self-ubiquitination and stability by a PY motif located within its HECT-domain. Biochem J. 2008;415:155-63 pubmed publisher..These findings also point to a novel mechanism employed by a ubiquitin ligase to regulate itself differentially compared with substrate ubiquitination and stability. ..
- Debonneville C, Flores S, Kamynina E, Plant P, Tauxe C, Thomas M, et al. Phosphorylation of Nedd4-2 by Sgk1 regulates epithelial Na(+) channel cell surface expression. EMBO J. 2001;20:7052-9 pubmed..Moreover, they suggest a novel and complete signaling cascade for aldosterone-dependent regulation of ENaC. ..
- Zhou R, Patel S, Snyder P. Nedd4-2 catalyzes ubiquitination and degradation of cell surface ENaC. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20207-12 pubmed..Together, the data suggest a model in which Nedd4-2 binds to and ubiquitinates ENaC at the cell surface, which targets surface ENaC for degradation, and thus, reduces epithelial Na(+) transport. ..
- Howitt J, Putz U, Lackovic J, Doan A, Dorstyn L, Cheng H, et al. Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) regulation by Ndfip1 prevents metal toxicity in human neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15489-94 pubmed publisher..Together, this evidence suggests a critical role for Ndfip1 in regulating metal transport in human neurons. ..
- Zhou R, Snyder P. Nedd4-2 phosphorylation induces serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase (SGK) ubiquitination and degradation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4518-23 pubmed..Conversely, phosphorylation increases Nedd4-2-mediated degradation of SGK. Thus, by phosphorylating Nedd4-2, SGK induces its own degradation. This feedback inhibition may fine-tune the regulation of epithelial Na+ absorption. ..
- Luo F, Wang Y, Wang X, Sun K, Zhou X, Hui R. A functional variant of NEDD4L is associated with hypertension, antihypertensive response, and orthostatic hypotension. Hypertension. 2009;54:796-801 pubmed publisherb>NEDD4L is involved in the regulation of plasma volume and blood pressure by controlling cell surface expression of the kidney epithelial Na(+) channel...
- Chandran S, Li H, Dong W, Krasinska K, Adams C, Alexandrova L, et al. Neural precursor cell-expressed developmentally down-regulated protein 4-2 (Nedd4-2) regulation by 14-3-3 protein binding at canonical serum and glucocorticoid kinase 1 (SGK1) phosphorylation sites. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37830-40 pubmed publisher..We also propose that major site phosphorylation promotes cellular Nedd4-2 protein stability, which potentially represents a novel form of regulation for turnover of E3 ubiquitin ligases. ..
- Manunta P, Lavery G, Lanzani C, Braund P, Simonini M, Bodycote C, et al. Physiological interaction between alpha-adducin and WNK1-NEDD4L pathways on sodium-related blood pressure regulation. Hypertension. 2008;52:366-72 pubmed publisher..In previous studies, variants in the genes for alpha-adducin (ADD1), WNK1, and NEDD4L, which all regulate renal sodium absorption, have been associated with increased BP...
- Snyder P, Olson D, Kabra R, Zhou R, Steines J. cAMP and serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) regulate the epithelial Na(+) channel through convergent phosphorylation of Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45753-8 pubmed..The data suggest that cAMP regulates ENaC in part by phosphorylation and inhibition of Nedd4-2. Moreover, Nedd4-2 is a central convergence point for kinase regulation of Na(+) transport. ..
- Maspero E, Valentini E, Mari S, Cecatiello V, Soffientini P, Pasqualato S, et al. Structure of a ubiquitin-loaded HECT ligase reveals the molecular basis for catalytic priming. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:696-701 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that the Nedd4-family members are Lys63-specific enzymes whose catalysis is mediated by an essential C-terminal acidic residue...
- van Bemmelen M, Rougier J, Gavillet B, Apothéloz F, Daidié D, Tateyama M, et al. Cardiac voltage-gated sodium channel Nav1.5 is regulated by Nedd4-2 mediated ubiquitination. Circ Res. 2004;95:284-91 pubmed..5. These results demonstrate that Na(v)1.5 can be ubiquitinated in heart tissues and that the ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-2 acts on Na(v)1.5 by decreasing the channel density at the cell surface. ..
- Weiss E, Popova E, Yamanaka H, Kim H, Huibregtse J, Gottlinger H. Rescue of HIV-1 release by targeting widely divergent NEDD4-type ubiquitin ligases and isolated catalytic HECT domains to Gag. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001107 pubmed publisher..to transfer the ability to stimulate HIV-1 budding to other NEDD4 family members, including the yeast homologue Rsp5, and even to isolated catalytic HECT domains...
- Itani O, Stokes J, Thomas C. Nedd4-2 isoforms differentially associate with ENaC and regulate its activity. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F334-46 pubmed..Our data illustrate that naturally occurring hNedd4-2 isoforms differentially associate with ENaC to regulate its activity. ..
- Fava C, von Wowern F, Berglund G, Carlson J, Hedblad B, Rosberg L, et al. 24-h ambulatory blood pressure is linked to chromosome 18q21-22 and genetic variation of NEDD4L associates with cross-sectional and longitudinal blood pressure in Swedes. Kidney Int. 2006;70:562-9 pubmed..This locus harbors the neural precursor cell expressed developmentally downregulated 4-like (NEDD4L) gene, which is instrumental for the regulation of the amiloride-sensitive epithelial sodium channel (ENaC)...
- Wiesner S, Ogunjimi A, Wang H, Rotin D, Sicheri F, Wrana J, et al. Autoinhibition of the HECT-type ubiquitin ligase Smurf2 through its C2 domain. Cell. 2007;130:651-62 pubmed..Thus, interactions between C2 and HECT domains autoinhibit a subset of HECT-type E3s to protect them and their substrates from futile degradation in cells. ..
- Takeuchi T, Adachi Y, Nagayama T, Furihata M. Nedd4L modulates the transcription of metalloproteinase-1 and -13 genes to increase the invasive activity of gallbladder cancer. Int J Exp Pathol. 2011;92:79-86 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to examine whether Nedd4L (neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally down-regulated 4-like) participated in gallbladder carcinogenesis...
- Wang Y, Qin T, Hu W, Chen B, Dai M, Xu G. Genome-Wide Methylation Patterns in Androgen-Independent Prostate Cancer Cells: A Comprehensive Analysis Combining MeDIP-Bisulfite, RNA, and microRNA Sequencing Data. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..Based on the time-course analysis of genes in the networks, NEDD4L and PBX3 were targeted by SOX5, while GNAQ, ANLN, and KIF11 were targeted ..
- Utrilla R, Nieto Marín P, Alfayate S, Tinaquero D, Matamoros M, Pérez Hernández M, et al. Kir2.1-Nav1.5 Channel Complexes Are Differently Regulated than Kir2.1 and Nav1.5 Channels Alone. Front Physiol. 2017;8:903 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that Kir2.1 and Nav1.5 channels closely interact with each other leading to the formation of a pool of complexed channels whose biology is similar to that of the Nav1.5 channels. ..
- Bossmann M, Ackermann B, Thome U, Laube M. Signaling Cascade Involved in Rapid Stimulation of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) by Dexamethasone. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We further demonstrated a reduced neural precursor cell expressed, developmentally downregulated 4-like (NEDD4L) ubiquitin E3 ligase activity induced by dexa, possibly responsible for the elevated CFTR activity...
- Wang T, Hogan Cann A, Kang Y, Cui Z, Guo J, Yang T, et al. Muscarinic receptor activation increases hERG channel expression through phosphorylation of ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. Mol Pharmacol. 2014;85:877-86 pubmed publisher..Blockade of the protein kinase C (PKC) pathway abolished the carbachol-induced enhancement of hERG channels. Our data suggest that muscarinic activation increases hERG channel expression by phosphorylating Nedd4-2 via the PKC pathway. ..
- Lin Q, Wang J, Childress C, Sudol M, Carey D, Yang W. HECT E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 ubiquitinates ACK and regulates epidermal growth factor (EGF)-induced degradation of EGF receptor and ACK. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1541-54 pubmed publisher..The WW3 domain in Nedd4-1 is critical for binding to ACK. Although ACK binds to both Nedd4-1 and Nedd4-2 (also Nedd4L), Nedd4-1 is the E3 ubiquitin ligase for ubiquitination of ACK in cells...
- Lu M, Zhang L, Sartippour M, Norris A, Brooks M. EG-1 interacts with c-Src and activates its signaling pathway. Int J Oncol. 2006;29:1013-8 pubmed..Furthermore, EG-1 shows interaction with multiple other SH3- and WW-containing molecules involved in various signaling pathways. These observations suggest that EG-1 may be involved in signaling pathways including c-Src activation. ..
- Hsu S, Delgado E, Otero P, Teng K, Kutay H, Meehan K, et al. MicroRNA-122 regulates polyploidization in the murine liver. Hepatology. 2016;64:599-615 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identified direct targets of miR-122 (Cux1, Rhoa, Iqgap1, Mapre1, Nedd4l, and Slc25a34) that regulate cytokinesis...
- Wang H, Li N, Hong J, Yao X, Luo W, Chang J. [Association between rs4149601 polymorphism and essential hypertension in Kazakh]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2010;38:918-22 pubmed..a functional rs4149601 polymorphism of neural precursor cell expressed developmentally downregulated 4-like gene (NEDD4L) and essential hypertension in Kazakh...
- Yan J, Du F, Li S, Yuan Y, Jiang J, Li S, et al. AUF1 modulates TGF-? signal in renal tubular epithelial cells via post-transcriptional regulation of Nedd4L expression. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2018;1865:48-56 pubmed publisher..Mechanically, AUF1 downregulation decreased phosphorylated Smad2/3 via increasing their E3 ligase Nedd4L at the posttranscriptional level...
- Sette P, Nagashima K, Piper R, Bouamr F. Ubiquitin conjugation to Gag is essential for ESCRT-mediated HIV-1 budding. Retrovirology. 2013;10:79 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a necessary and natural role for ubiquitin in ESCRT-dependent viral release and indicate a critical role for ubiquitination of Gag rather than ubiquitination of ESCRTs themselves. ..
- Yu L, Cai H, Yue Q, Alli A, Wang D, Al Khalili O, et al. WNK4 inhibition of ENaC is independent of Nedd4-2-mediated ENaC ubiquitination. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F31-41 pubmed publisher..WNK4 associates with wild-type as well as Liddle's mutated ENaC, and WNK4 reduces both wild-type and mutated ENaC expressed in HEK293 cells. ..
- Andersen M, Krzystanek K, Petersen F, Bomholtz S, Olesen S, Abriel H, et al. A phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 (SGK1) pathway promotes Kv7.1 channel surface expression by inhibiting Nedd4-2 protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36841-54 pubmed publisher..1 surface expression by inhibiting Nedd4-2-dependent endocytosis and thereby demonstrates that Nedd4-2 is a key regulator of Kv7.1 localization and turnover in epithelial cells. ..
- Zhou R, Kabra R, Olson D, Piper R, Snyder P. Hrs controls sorting of the epithelial Na+ channel between endosomal degradation and recycling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30523-30 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Hrs-?UIM had no effect on degradation of uncleaved inactive channels. The data support a model in which Nedd4-2 induces binding of ENaC to Hrs, which mediates the sorting decision between ENaC degradation and recycling. ..
- Zheng X, Morrison A, Feingold E, Turner S, Ferrell R. Association between NEDD4L gene and sodium lithium countertransport. Am J Hypertens. 2011;24:145-8 pubmed publisher..linkage analysis, and in the light of its potential biochemical function, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase NEDD4-like (NEDD4L) was identified as being both a positional and a functional candidate gene for SLC...