Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NECTIN3
Description: nectin cell adhesion molecule 3
Alias: CD113, CDW113, NECTIN-3, PPR3, PRR3, PVRL3, PVRR3, nectin-3, nectin 3, poliovirus receptor-related 3, poliovirus receptor-related protein 3
- Reymond N, Garrido Urbani S, Borg J, Dubreuil P, Lopez M. PICK-1: a scaffold protein that interacts with Nectins and JAMs at cell junctions. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2243-9 pubmed
- Oshima T, Sato S, Kato J, Ito Y, Watanabe T, Tsuji I, et al. Nectin-2 is a potential target for antibody therapy of breast and ovarian cancers. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Nectin-2 is a potential target for antibody therapy against breast and ovarian cancers. ..
- Sekiguchi M, Kameda S, Kurosawa S, Yoshida M, Yoshimura K. Thermotaxis in Chlamydomonas is brought about by membrane excitation and controlled by redox conditions. Sci Rep. 2018;8:16114 pubmed publisher..Thermotaxis was almost absent in ppr2 and ppr3 mutants, which cannot swim backward because of a defect in generating calcium current in flagella...
- Xiao X, Cheng C, Mruk D. Intercellular adhesion molecule-2 is involved in apical ectoplasmic specialization dynamics during spermatogenesis in the rat. J Endocrinol. 2013;216:73-86 pubmed publisher..Taken collectively, these results illustrate that ICAM2 plays an important role in apical ES dynamics during spermatogenesis. ..
- Xu F, Si X, Wang J, Yang A, Qin T, Yang Y. Nectin-3 is a new biomarker that mediates the upregulation of MMP2 and MMP9 in ovarian cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2019;110:139-144 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have demonstrated that cellular migration and invasion via nectin-3 mediate the upregulation of MMP2 and MMP9 in OC cells. Nectin-3 may be a new biomarker for OC diagnosis. ..
- Geng R, Furness D, Muraleedharan C, Zhang J, Dabdoub A, Lin V, et al. The microRNA-183/96/182 Cluster is Essential for Stereociliary Bundle Formation and Function of Cochlear Sensory Hair Cells. Sci Rep. 2018;8:18022 pubmed publisher..that are known to play important roles in HC development and function, including Clic5, Rdx, Ezr, Rac1, Myo1c, Pvrl3 and Sox2, are upregulated in the cochlea...
- Yusuf N, Hidalgo B, Irvin M, Sha J, Zhi D, Tiwari H, et al. An epigenome-wide association study of inflammatory response to fenofibrate in the Genetics of Lipid Lowering Drugs and Diet Network. Pharmacogenomics. 2017;18:1333-1341 pubmed publisher..63E-10), SMPD3 (p = 2.14E-08), SYNPO2 (p = 5.00E-08), ILF3 (p = 1.04E-07), PRR3, GNL1 (p = 6.80E-09), FAM50B (p = 3.19E-08), RPTOR (p = 9.79e-07) and several intergenic regions (p < 1...
- Maruo T, Sakakibara S, Miyata M, Itoh Y, Kurita S, Mandai K, et al. Involvement of l-afadin, but not s-afadin, in the formation of puncta adherentia junctions of hippocampal synapses. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2018;92:40-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the inability of s-afadin to form the hippocampal synapse PAJ-like structure is due to its inability to efficiently bind αN-catenin. ..
- Wu Y, Yang Y, Xu Y, Yu H. Targeted disruption of the spermatid-specific gene Spata31 causes male infertility. Mol Reprod Dev. 2015;82:432-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the disruptions to the SPATA31 ortholog could be linked to human male infertility. ..
- Wang X, Li J, Xie X, Gu Y, Si T, Schmidt M, et al. Nectin-3 modulates the structural plasticity of dentate granule cells and long-term memory. Transl Psychiatry. 2017;7:e1228 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that nectin-3 expressed in DG neurons may modulate adult neurogenesis, dendritic spine plasticity and the cognitive effects of early-life stress. ..
- Hromatka B, Tung J, Kiefer A, Do C, Hinds D, Eriksson N. Genetic variants associated with motion sickness point to roles for inner ear development, neurological processes and glucose homeostasis. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:2700-8 pubmed publisher..Many of these SNPs are near genes involved in balance, and eye, ear and cranial development (e.g. PVRL3, TSHZ1, MUTED, HOXB3, HOXD3)...
- Weinheimer I, Jiu Y, RajamÃ¤ki M, Matilainen O, KallijÃ¤rvi J, Cuellar W, et al. Suppression of RNAi by dsRNA-degrading RNaseIII enzymes of viruses in animals and plants. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1004711 pubmed publisher..Here we expressed PPR3, the RNaseIII of Pike-perch iridovirus, in the non-hosts Nicotiana benthamiana (plant) and Caenorhabditis elegans (..
- van der Kooij M, Fantin M, Rejmak E, Grosse J, Zanoletti O, Fournier C, et al. Role for MMP-9 in stress-induced downregulation of nectin-3 in hippocampal CA1 and associated behavioural alterations. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4995 pubmed publisher..Thus, MMP-9 proteolytic processing emerges as an important mediator of stress effects in brain function and behaviour. ..
- Fouquet B, Nikolic J, Larrous F, Bourhy H, Wirblich C, LagaudriÃ¨re Gesbert C, et al. Focal adhesion kinase is involved in rabies virus infection through its interaction with viral phosphoprotein P. J Virol. 2015;89:1640-51 pubmed publisher..to the dimerization domain of P and the C-terminal domain of FAK containing the proline-rich domains PRR2 and PRR3. The P-FAK interaction was confirmed in infected cells by coimmunoprecipitation and colocalization of FAK with P in ..
- Fujiwara Y, Goda N, Tamashiro T, Narita H, Satomura K, Tenno T, et al. Crystal structure of afadin PDZ domain-nectin-3 complex shows the structural plasticity of the ligand-binding site. Protein Sci. 2015;24:376-85 pubmed publisher..Apparently, the last three amino acids of the nectin-3 C-terminus were sufficient to bind AFPDZ, in which the two hydrophobic residues are important. ..
- Schöttelndreier D, Seeger K, Grassl G, Winny M, Lindner R, Genth H. Expression and (Lacking) Internalization of the Cell Surface Receptors of Clostridioides difficile Toxin B. Front Microbiol. 2018;9:1483 pubmed publisher..to serve as toxin receptors, including chondroitin-sulfate proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4), poliovirus receptor-like 3 (PVRL3), and frizzled-1/2/7 (FZD1/2/7) for TcdB and LDL-receptor-related protein-1 (LRP1) for TpeL...
- Nakata H, Wakayama T, Takai Y, Iseki S. Quantitative analysis of the cellular composition in seminiferous tubules in normal and genetically modified infertile mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 2015;63:99-113 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that a quantitative analysis of cellular compositions at different stages in seminiferous tubules was useful for evaluating abnormalities in spermatogenesis. ..
- Shaw P, Phillips J, Clarkson G, Rourke J. Trapping five-coordinate platinum(iv) intermediates. Dalton Trans. 2016;45:11397-406 pubmed publisher..different complexes of the doubly cycloplatinated 2,6-di(4-fluorophenyl)pyridine ligand (namely DMSO, PPh3 and PPr3 derivatives, 1a, 1b and 1c, respectively) with the electrophilic oxidant iodobenzenedichloride was studied...
- David D, Anand D, Araújo C, Gloss B, Fino J, Dinger M, et al. Identification of OAF and PVRL1 as candidate genes for an ocular anomaly characterized by Peters anomaly type 2 and ectopia lentis. Exp Eye Res. 2018;168:161-170 pubmed publisher..1(PVRL1) or nectin cell adhesion molecule 1 (NECTIN1), a paralogue of nectin cell adhesion molecule 3 (PVRL3) associated with congenital ocular defects, situated 500 kb upstream from 11q23.3 breakpoint, is increased...
- Syed N, Prince S, Mutava R, Patil G, Li S, Chen W, et al. Core clock, SUB1, and ABAR genes mediate flooding and drought responses via alternative splicing in soybean. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:7129-49 pubmed publisher..b>PRR3 exhibited flooding- and drought-specific splicing patterns and may work in concert with PRR7 and TOC1 to achieve ..
- Mohamad Shah N, Salahshourifar I, Sulong S, Wan Sulaiman W, Halim A. Discovery of candidate genes for nonsyndromic cleft lip palate through genome-wide linkage analysis of large extended families in the Malay population. BMC Genet. 2016;17:39 pubmed publisher..Several candidate genes in linkage intervals were determined; LPHN2 at 1p31, SATB2 at 2q33.1-q35, PVRL3 at 3q13.3, COL21A1 at 6p12.1, FOXP2 at 7q22.3-q33, FOXG1 and HECTD1 at 14q12 and TOX3 at 16q12.1...
- Fu J, Luo Y, Miao S, Wang L. [Expression Patterns of the Proteins Associated with Cell Junctions in Mouse Testes]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2016;38:205-9 pubmed publisher..In the seminiferous tubules in the mouse testes, the membrane proteins associated with cell junctions are stage-specific. However, the expressions of adaptor proteins associated with cell junctions do not obviously change. ..
- Su Y, Yang Y, Huang Y. Loss of ppr3, ppr4, ppr6, or ppr10 perturbs iron homeostasis and leads to apoptotic cell death in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. FEBS J. 2017;284:324-337 pubmed publisher..Schizosaccharomyces pombe has 10 PPR proteins. Among them, ppr3, ppr4, ppr6, and ppr10 participate in mitochondrial post-transcriptional processes and are required for ..
- Liu Y, Guo L, Xu J. Amniotic stem cell transplantation therapy for type 2 diabetes: 3 years' follow-up report. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:3877-3885 pubmed..Measured by the flow cytometry, stem cells transfer clusters of differentiation CD113 and CD34 at a high level, and through the femoral artery on the left, they are administered into the patient's ..
- Adams A, Wayne Vogl A. High Resolution Localization of Rab5, EEA1, and Nectin-3 to Tubulobulbar Complexes in the Rat Testis. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2017;300:1160-1170 pubmed publisher..Anat Rec, 300:1160-1170, 2017. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Ovsyannikova I, Salk H, Larrabee B, Pankratz V, Poland G. Single nucleotide polymorphisms/haplotypes associated with multiple rubella-specific immune response outcomes post-MMR immunization in healthy children. Immunogenetics. 2015;67:547-61 pubmed publisher..Of these SNPs, we detected eight in the PVRL3 gene, five in the PVRL1 gene, one in the TRIM22 gene, two in the IL10RB gene, two in the TLR4 gene, and five in ..
- Sai K, Wang S, Kaito A, Fujiwara T, Maruo T, Itoh Y, et al. Multiple roles of afadin in the ultrastructural morphogenesis of mouse hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:2719-2734 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that afadin plays multiple roles in the complex ultrastructural morphogenesis of hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. ..
- Choudhary M, Nomura Y, Wang L, Nakagami H, Somers D. Quantitative Circadian Phosphoproteomic Analysis of Arabidopsis Reveals Extensive Clock Control of Key Components in Physiological, Metabolic, and Signaling Pathways. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:2243-60 pubmed publisher..in the phosphorylation of low abundance clock proteins (early flowering4; ELF4 and pseudoresponse regulator3; PRR3) as well as other transcription factors and kinases...
- Maurin H, Seymour C, Lechat B, Borghgraef P, Devijver H, Jaworski T, et al. Tauopathy differentially affects cell adhesion molecules in mouse brain: early down-regulation of nectin-3 in stratum lacunosum moleculare. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63589 pubmed publisher..The decreased expression of Nectin-3 in the stratum lacunosum moleculare is an early marker of impaired transport, and eventual synaptic problems, caused by beginning tauopathy. ..
- Rusinek D, Swierniak M, Chmielik E, Kowal M, Kowalska M, Cyplinska R, et al. BRAFV600E-Associated Gene Expression Profile: Early Changes in the Transcriptome, Based on a Transgenic Mouse Model of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143688 pubmed publisher..PTC and not previously reported as related to BRAF mutation or thyroid carcinoma: MMD, ITPR3, AACS, LAD1, PVRL3, ALDH3B1, and RASA1...
- Katsunuma S, Honda H, Shinoda T, Ishimoto Y, Miyata T, Kiyonari H, et al. Synergistic action of nectins and cadherins generates the mosaic cellular pattern of the olfactory epithelium. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:561-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the synergistic action of nectins and cadherins generates mosaic pattern, which cannot be achieved by a single mechanism. ..
- Ye L, Gu L, Caprioli J, Piri N. RNA-binding protein Rbpms is represented in human retinas by isoforms A and C and its transcriptional regulation involves Sp1-binding site. Mol Genet Genomics. 2018;293:819-830 pubmed publisher..Site-directed mutagenesis of several cis-elements within PPR3 and PPR4 including five for Sp1, one for AP1, and two for NF-kB showed that mutation of the first three and ..
- Geng X, Mandai K, Maruo T, Wang S, Fujiwara T, Mizoguchi A, et al. Regulatory role of the cell adhesion molecule nectin-1 in GABAergic inhibitory synaptic transmission in the CA3 region of mouse hippocampus. Genes Cells. 2016;21:88-98 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that nectin-1 regulates the neuronal activities in the CA3 region of the hippocampus by suppressing the GABAergic inhibitory synaptic transmission. ..
- Miyata M, Mandai K, Maruo T, Sato J, Shiotani H, Kaito A, et al. Localization of nectin-2? at perivascular astrocytic endfoot processes and degeneration of astrocytes and neurons in nectin-2 knockout mouse brain. Brain Res. 2016;1649:90-101 pubmed publisher..These results uncovered for the first time the localization and critical functions of nectin-2 in the brain. ..
- Lafrance M, Farrow M, Chandrasekaran R, Sheng J, Rubin D, Lacy D. Identification of an epithelial cell receptor responsible for Clostridium difficile TcdB-induced cytotoxicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:7073-8 pubmed publisher..Using a gene-trap insertional mutagenesis screen, we identified poliovirus receptor-like 3 (PVRL3) as a cellular factor necessary for TcdB-mediated cytotoxicity...
- Martin T, Lane J, Harrison G, Jiang W. The expression of the Nectin complex in human breast cancer and the role of Nectin-3 in the control of tight junctions during metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82696 pubmed publisher..Nectin-3 may be a key component in the formation of cell junctions and be a putative suppressor molecule to the invasion of breast cancer cells. ..
- Poon C, Madawala R, Dowland S, Murphy C. Nectin-3 Is Increased in the Cell Junctions of the Uterine Epithelium at Implantation. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:1580-1592 pubmed..These results suggest that at the time of implantation, nectin-3 may contribute to the formation of the tight junction in a protein complex independent from occludin and l-afadin. ..
- Maruo T, Mandai K, Miyata M, Sakakibara S, Wang S, Sai K, et al. NGL-3-induced presynaptic differentiation of hippocampal neurons in an afadin-dependent, nectin-1-independent manner. Genes Cells. 2017;22:742-755 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that afadin is involved in the NGL-3-LAR system-induced presynaptic differentiation of hippocampal neurons cooperatively with ?-catenin and ?-catenin in a nectin-1-independent manner. ..
- Takekuni K, Ikeda W, Fujito T, Morimoto K, Takeuchi M, Monden M, et al. Direct binding of cell polarity protein PAR-3 to cell-cell adhesion molecule nectin at neuroepithelial cells of developing mouse. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5497-500 pubmed..These results indicate that nectin-1 and -3 are involved in the localization of PAR-3 at AJs in the neuroepithelial cells of the embryonic telencephalon. ..
- Zhou L, Picard D, Ra Y, Li M, Northcott P, Hu Y, et al. Silencing of thrombospondin-1 is critical for myc-induced metastatic phenotypes in medulloblastoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8199-210 pubmed publisher..Using ChIP-chip analysis, we identified cell migration and adhesion genes, including Tsp-1/THBS1, ING4, PVRL3, and PPAP2B, as Myc-bound loci in medulloblastoma cells...
- Izumi H, Hirabayashi K, Nakamura N, Nakagohri T. Nectin expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: nectin-3 is associated with a poor prognosis. Surg Today. 2015;45:487-94 pubmed publisher..04). The cases that showed diffuse nectin-3 expression had a better prognosis than those with negative expression (p = 0.018). Our results showed that the expression of nectin-3 in pancreatic cancer can be a prognostic factor. ..
- Liu Y, Chen Y, Wu H, Wang T, Tsai F. Single nucleotide polymorphisms at the PRR3, ABCF1, and GNL1 genes in the HLA class I region are associated with Graves' ophthalmopathy in a gender-dependent manner. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:2033-9 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether a conserved HLA class I region influenced the development of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) in patients with Graves' disease (GD) in a Taiwan-Chinese population...
- Devilard E, Xerri L, Dubreuil P, Lopez M, Reymond N. Nectin-3 (CD113) interacts with Nectin-2 (CD112) to promote lymphocyte transendothelial migration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77424 pubmed publisher..We first show that Nectin-3 (CD113) is the only nectin expressed by T lymphocytes and since nectins are expressed on ECs we explored Nectin-3 ..
- Nelson G, Padera T, Garkavtsev I, Shioda T, Jain R. Differential gene expression of primary cultured lymphatic and blood vascular endothelial cells. Neoplasia. 2007;9:1038-45 pubmed
- Bronson R, Mikhailik A, Schwedes J, Gnatenko D, Hatchwell E. Detection of candidate nectin gene mutations in infertile men with severe teratospermia. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2017;34:1295-1302 pubmed publisher..We asked whether mutations in the protein coding regions of the nectin-2 (aka PVRL2) and nectin-3 (aka PVRL3) genes could be detected in men from infertile couples whose semen analysis revealed unimpaired sperm production, ..
- Liu L, He Y, Guo K, Zhou L, Li X, Tseng M, et al. Ggnbp2-Null Mutation in Mice Leads to Male Infertility due to a Defect at the Spermiogenesis Stage. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2508-2519 pubmed publisher..Together, this study demonstrates that GGNBP2 is critically required for maintenance of the adhesion integrity of the adlumenal germ epithelium and is indispensable for normal spermatid transformation into mature spermatozoa in mice. ..
- Fujito T, Ikeda W, Kakunaga S, Minami Y, Kajita M, Sakamoto Y, et al. Inhibition of cell movement and proliferation by cell-cell contact-induced interaction of Necl-5 with nectin-3. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:165-73 pubmed..These results indicate that the down-regulation of Necl-5 induced by its interaction with nectin-3 upon cell-cell contacts may be at least one mechanism underlying contact inhibition of cell movement and proliferation. ..
- Lachke S, Higgins A, Inagaki M, Saadi I, Xi Q, Long M, et al. The cell adhesion gene PVRL3 is associated with congenital ocular defects. Hum Genet. 2012;131:235-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the expression of PVRL3, which encodes the cell adhesion protein Nectin 3, is significantly reduced in patient DGAP113 lymphoblastoid cells, likely due to a position effect caused by the ..
- Struyf F, Martinez W, Spear P. Mutations in the N-terminal domains of nectin-1 and nectin-2 reveal differences in requirements for entry of various alphaherpesviruses and for nectin-nectin interactions. J Virol. 2002;76:12940-50 pubmed..We can conclude that structural requirements for HSV entry, PRV and BHV-1 entry, and homotypic and heterotypic trans interactions are all different despite the previously reported ability of HSV and HSV gD to inhibit trans interactions. ..
- Manse J, Baldwin M. Binding and entry of Clostridium difficile toxin B is mediated by multiple domains. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:3945-51 pubmed publisher..Our data provide new evidence supporting a more complex model of clostridial glucosylating toxin uptake than previously suggested. ..
- Ballester M, Gonin J, Rodenas A, Bernaudin J, Rouzier R, Coutant C, et al. Eutopic endometrium and peritoneal, ovarian and colorectal endometriotic tissues express a different profile of nectin-1, -3, -4 and nectin-like molecule 2. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:3179-86 pubmed publisher..How is the expression of nectins and nectin-like molecules (Necls) detected by immunostaining altered by endometriosis?..