Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nectin 4
Description: nectin cell adhesion molecule 4
Alias: EDSS1, LNIR, PRR4, PVRL4, nectin-4, nectin-4, Ig superfamily receptor LNIR, nectin 4, poliovirus receptor-related 4, poliovirus receptor-related protein 4
Products: nectin 4
- Fabre Lafay S, Garrido Urbani S, Reymond N, Goncalves A, Dubreuil P, Lopez M. Nectin-4, a new serological breast cancer marker, is a substrate for tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme (TACE)/ADAM-17. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19543-50 pubmed..Interestingly, the active form of TACE is overexpressed in breast tumors and may indicate that TACE is responsible for Nectin-4 shedding not only in vitro but also in vivo. ..
- Fabre Lafay S, Monville F, Garrido Urbani S, Berruyer Pouyet C, Ginestier C, Reymond N, et al. Nectin-4 is a new histological and serological tumor associated marker for breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:73 pubmed..Nectins are cell adhesion molecules involved in the regulation of epithelial physiology. We present here Nectin-4/PVRL4 as a new histological and serological tumor associated marker for breast carcinoma...
- Brancati F, Fortugno P, Bottillo I, Lopez M, Josselin E, Boudghene Stambouli O, et al. Mutations in PVRL4, encoding cell adhesion molecule nectin-4, cause ectodermal dysplasia-syndactyly syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;87:265-73 pubmed publisher..By candidate gene analysis, we identified a homozygous mutation in the PVRL4 gene that not only evoked an amino acid change but also led to exon skipping...
- DeRycke M, Pambuccian S, Gilks C, Kalloger S, Ghidouche A, Lopez M, et al. Nectin 4 overexpression in ovarian cancer tissues and serum: potential role as a serum biomarker. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010;134:835-45 pubmed publisher..Previously, we found expression of nectin 4 to be increased in ovarian cancer compared with normal ovaries...
- Wu S, Adamson A. Cutaneous toxicity associated with enfortumab vedotin treatment of metastatic urothelial carcinoma. Dermatol Online J. 2019;25: pubmed..He was successfully treated with topical corticosteroids. Cutaneous toxicity appears to be a common adverse reaction in this growing class of antibody-drug conjugates. ..
- Rendon Marin S, da Fontoura Budaszewski R, Canal C, Ruiz Saenz J. Tropism and molecular pathogenesis of canine distemper virus. Virol J. 2019;16:30 pubmed publisher..Hence, this review describes the significant molecular and cellular characteristics of CDV that contribute to viral pathogenesis. ..
- Angius F, Smuts H, Rybkina K, Stelitano D, Eley B, Wilmshurst J, et al. Analysis of a Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis Genotype B3 Virus from the 2009-2010 South African Measles Epidemic Shows That Hyperfusogenic F Proteins Contribute to Measles Virus Infection in the Brain. J Virol. 2019;93: pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that hyperfusogenic F proteins permit MeV to enter cells and spread without the need to engage nectin-4 or CD150, known receptors for MeV that are not present on neural cells. ..
- Xu F, Tanaka S, Watanabe H, Shimane Y, Iwasawa M, Ohishi K, et al. Computational Analysis of the Interaction Energies between Amino Acid Residues of the Measles Virus Hemagglutinin and Its Receptors. Viruses. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..It is also applicable for designing inhibitors of MVH and engineered MVs for cancer therapy. ..
- Siddharth S, Nayak A, Das S, Nayak D, Panda J, Wyatt M, et al. The soluble nectin-4 ecto-domain promotes breast cancer induced angiogenesis via endothelial Integrin-β4. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;102:151-160 pubmed publisher..Thus, disrupting the interaction between nectin-4 ecto-domain and integrin-β4 may provide a means of targeting mBCSC-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Melia M, Earle J, Abdullah H, Reaney K, Tangy F, Cosby S. Use of SLAM and PVRL4 and identification of pro-HB-EGF as cell entry receptors for wild type phocine distemper virus. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106281 pubmed publisher..More recently poliovirus like receptor 4 (PVRL4), also known as nectin 4, has been identified as a receptor for MV, CDV and PPRV on the basolateral surface of polarised epithelial cells...
- Mollo M, Antonini D, Mitchell K, Fortugno P, Costanzo A, Dixon J, et al. p63-dependent and independent mechanisms of nectin-1 and nectin-4 regulation in the epidermis. Exp Dermatol. 2015;24:114-9 pubmed publisher..As mutations in the Pvrl1 and Pvrl4 genes encoding for nectins cause genetic disorders with phenotypes similar to p63-related syndromes, we ..
- Ito M, Nishizawa H, Tsutsumi M, Kato A, Sakabe Y, Noda Y, et al. Potential role for nectin-4 in the pathogenesis of pre-eclampsia: a molecular genetic study. BMC Med Genet. 2018;19:166 pubmed publisher..There are as yet unknown factors that induce nectin-4 overexpression in trophoblast cells that may contribute to abnormal placentation via an aberrant immune response and the onset of a pre-eclamptic pregnancy. ..
- Galanis E, Atherton P, Maurer M, Knutson K, Dowdy S, Cliby W, et al. Oncolytic measles virus expressing the sodium iodide symporter to treat drug-resistant ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2015;75:22-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings support further clinical evaluation of MV-NIS as an effective immunovirotherapy. ..
- Alves L, Khosravi M, Avila M, Ader Ebert N, Bringolf F, Zurbriggen A, et al. SLAM- and nectin-4-independent noncytolytic spread of canine distemper virus in astrocytes. J Virol. 2015;89:5724-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that GliaR governs intercellular transfer of nucleocapsids and hence contributes to viral persistence in the brain and ensuing demyelinating lesions. ..
- Watanabe S, Ohno S, Shirogane Y, Suzuki S, Koga R, Yanagi Y. Measles virus mutants possessing the fusion protein with enhanced fusion activity spread effectively in neuronal cells, but not in other cells, without causing strong cytopathology. J Virol. 2015;89:2710-7 pubmed publisher..its main target cells, do not express known MV receptors (signaling lymphocyte activation molecule [SLAM] and nectin 4), it remains to be understood how MV infects and spreads in them...
- Stejskalova K, Bayerova Z, Futas J, Hrazdilova K, Klumplerova M, Oppelt J, et al. Candidate gene molecular markers as tools for analyzing genetic susceptibility to morbillivirus infection in stranded Cetaceans. HLA. 2017;90:343-353 pubmed publisher..BSG, CD147), the signaling lymphocyte activating molecule (SLAMF1), the poliovirus-related receptor-4 (NECTIN4, PVRL4), toll-like receptors 3, 7, 8 (TLR3, TLR7, TLR8), natural resistance-associated macrophage protein (SLC11A1) and ..
- Yoshida T, Iwata T, Takai Y, Birchmeier W, Yamato M, Okano T. Afadin requirement for cytokine expressions in keratinocytes during chemically induced inflammation in mice. Genes Cells. 2014;19:842-52 pubmed publisher..These results suggested a remarkable function of afadin, which was able to enhance cytokine expression through Rap1 activation in keratinocytes during inflammation. ..
- Izumi H, Hirabayashi K, Nakamura N, Nakagohri T. Nectin expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma: nectin-3 is associated with a poor prognosis. Surg Today. 2015;45:487-94 pubmed publisher..04). The cases that showed diffuse nectin-3 expression had a better prognosis than those with negative expression (p = 0.018). Our results showed that the expression of nectin-3 in pancreatic cancer can be a prognostic factor. ..
- Brown C, Amante J, Mercurio A. Cell clustering mediated by the adhesion protein PVRL4 is necessary for α6β4 integrin-promoted ferroptosis resistance in matrix-detached cells. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:12741-12748 pubmed publisher..epithelial and carcinoma cells cluster spontaneously via a mechanism that involves the cell adhesion protein PVRL4 (also known as Nectin-4)...
- Allen I, McQuaid S, Penalva R, Ludlow M, Duprex W, Rima B. Macrophages and Dendritic Cells Are the Predominant Cells Infected in Measles in Humans. mSphere. 2018;3: pubmed publisher..A very small number of epithelial cells were also found to be infected. ..
- ..This would be a reason why measles vaccines, which are derived from MV strains isolated more than 60 years ago, are still highly effective against all MV strains currently circulating. ..
- Seki F, Someya K, Komase K, Takeda M. A chicken homologue of nectin-4 functions as a measles virus receptor. Vaccine. 2016;34:7-12 pubmed publisher..Infection of CEFs with the MV vaccine AIK-C strain was partially blocked by an anti-nectin-4 antibody, indicating that CEF nectin-4 plays a role for propagation of MV vaccines in CEFs. ..
- Kitayama M, Mizutani K, Maruoka M, Mandai K, Sakakibara S, Ueda Y, et al. A Novel Nectin-mediated Cell Adhesion Apparatus That Is Implicated in Prolactin Receptor Signaling for Mammary Gland Development. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:5817-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel nectin-mediated cell adhesion apparatus regulates the prolactin receptor signaling for mammary gland development. ..
- Lopez M, Ghidouche A, Rochas C, Godelaine D, Carrasco J, Colau D, et al. Identification of a naturally processed HLA-A*02:01-restricted CTL epitope from the human tumor-associated antigen Nectin-4. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2016;65:1177-88 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that peptide Nectin-4145-153 is naturally processed for recognition by T cells on HLA-A2 molecules. It could be used to monitor antitumor T cell responses or to immunize breast cancer patients. ..
- Yang B, Qi X, Chen Z, Chen S, Xue Q, Jia P, et al. Binding and entry of peste des petits ruminants virus into caprine endometrial epithelial cells profoundly affect early cellular gene expression. Vet Res. 2018;49:8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrates the early cellular gene expression in the caprine endometrial epithelial cells after the binding and entry of PPRV. ..
- Perumal N, Funke S, Wolters D, Pfeiffer N, Grus F. Characterization of human reflex tear proteome reveals high expression of lacrimal proline-rich protein 4 (PRR4). Proteomics. 2015;15:3370-81 pubmed publisher..The analysis of the reflex tear proteome demonstrated increased abundance in proline-rich protein 4 (PRR4) and zymogen granule protein 16 homolog B (ZG16B) for the first time. Other abundant lacrimal proteins, e.g...
- Khosravi M, Bringolf F, RÃ¶thlisberger S, Bieringer M, Schneider Schaulies J, Zurbriggen A, et al. Canine Distemper Virus Fusion Activation: Critical Role of Residue E123 of CD150/SLAM. J Virol. 2016;90:1622-37 pubmed publisher..possess tetrameric attachment proteins (H) and trimeric fusion proteins, which cooperate with either SLAM or nectin 4 receptors to trigger membrane fusion for cell entry...
- Zhang Y, Zhu C, Wen X, Wang X, Li L, Rampersad S, et al. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy improves body composition and alleviates insulin resistance in obesity related acanthosis nigricans. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:209 pubmed publisher..preoperative android fat mass (FM) was positively correlated with fasting insulin and natural logarithm of HOMA-IR (LNIR) (r = 0.622, 0.608, respectively; all P < 0.01)...
- Fujiyuki T, Yoneda M, Amagai Y, Obayashi K, Ikeda F, Shoji K, et al. A measles virus selectively blind to signaling lymphocytic activation molecule shows anti-tumor activity against lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:24895-903 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rMV-SLAMblind is oncolytic for lung cancer and that it represents a promising tool for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Lin L, Richardson C. The Host Cell Receptors for Measles Virus and Their Interaction with the Viral Hemagglutinin (H) Protein. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed..Although CD46 is also upregulated on many tumors, it is less useful as a target for cancer therapy, since normal human cells express this protein on their surfaces. ..
- Campbell D, Noda A, Verlinsky A, Snyder J, Fujita Y, Murakami Y, et al. Preclinical Evaluation of an Anti-Nectin-4 ImmunoPET Reagent in Tumor-Bearing Mice and Biodistribution Studies in Cynomolgus Monkeys. Mol Imaging Biol. 2016;18:768-75 pubmed publisher..18)F]AGS-22M6 showed limited uptake in cynomolgus monkey tissues. [(89)Zr]AGS-22M6 is a promising ImmunoPET reagent that can assay nectin-4 expression in both primary and metastatic lesions. ..
- Sato Y, Watanabe S, Fukuda Y, Hashiguchi T, Yanagi Y, Ohno S. Cell-to-Cell Measles Virus Spread between Human Neurons Is Dependent on Hemagglutinin and Hyperfusogenic Fusion Protein. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..in the disease, do not express the known MV receptors (signaling lymphocyte activation molecule [SLAM] and nectin 4), how MV infects neurons and spreads between them is unknown...
- Fakri F, Elarkam A, Daouam S, Tadlaoui K, Fassi Fihri O, Richardson C, et al. VeroNectin-4 is a highly sensitive cell line that can be used for the isolation and titration of Peste des Petits Ruminants virus. J Virol Methods. 2016;228:135-9 pubmed publisher..A comparison of the growth kinetics for PPRV in the two cell lines confirmed the superiority of VeroNectin-4 cells for PPR diagnostic purposes and vaccine virus titration. ..
- Pratakpiriya W, Ping Teh A, Radtanakatikanon A, Pirarat N, Thi Lan N, Takeda M, et al. Expression of canine distemper virus receptor nectin-4 in the central nervous system of dogs. Sci Rep. 2017;7:349 pubmed publisher..Since astrocytes are negative for SLAM expression, they must express an unidentified CDV receptor, which also contributes to CDV neurovirulence. ..
- Zheng W, Wu Y, Huang W. Down-regulation of nectin-4 inhibits apoptosis in systemic lupus erythematous (SLE) through targeting Bcl-2/Bax pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10915-21 pubmed..The data presented in this study suggested that nectin-4 may be a therapeutic target for SLE through affecting the cell apoptosis. ..
- Ha M, Delpeut S, Noyce R, Sisson G, Black K, Lin L, et al. Mutations in the Fusion Protein of Measles Virus That Confer Resistance to the Membrane Fusion Inhibitors Carbobenzoxy-d-Phe-l-Phe-Gly and 4-Nitro-2-Phenylacetyl Amino-Benzamide. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..fusion and hemagglutinin expression plasmids or with syncytium-based assays in Vero, Vero-SLAM, and Vero-Nectin 4 cell lines...
- Bedir R, Sehitoglu I, Balik G, Kagitci M, Gucer H, Yurdakul C, et al. The role of the adhesion molecule Nectin-4 in the pathogenesis of endometriosis. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2016;43:463-6 pubmed..011). The authors believe that Nectin-4 molecule may contribute to the pathogenesis of endometriosis. For this reason, the use of medicines developed against this molecule in the treatment of endometriosis may be useful. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu S, Wang L, Wu Y, Hao J, Wang Z, et al. A novel PI3K/AKT signaling axis mediates Nectin-4-induced gallbladder cancer cell proliferation, metastasis and tumor growth. Cancer Lett. 2016;375:179-189 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that Nectin-4 is critical for GBC progression via PI3K/AKT pathway activation of Rac1. Nectin-4 may be a novel prognostic factor and therapeutic target in GBC patients. ..
- Raza S, Nasser Dar R, Shah A, Ahmad W. A novel homozygous nonsense mutation in the PVRL4 gene and expansion of clinical spectrum of EDSS1. Ann Hum Genet. 2015;79:92-8 pubmed publisher..Ectodermal dysplasia syndactyly syndrome (EDSS1) is one of the rare forms of ED caused by mutations in nectin-4, encoded by the PVRL4 gene...
- Maruoka M, Kedashiro S, Ueda Y, Mizutani K, Takai Y. Nectin-4 co-stimulates the prolactin receptor by interacting with SOCS1 and inhibiting its activity on the JAK2-STAT5a signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6895-6909 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that nectin-4 serves as a stimulatory co-receptor for the prolactin receptor by regulating the feedback inhibition of SOCS1 in the JAK2-STAT5a signaling pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Russell S, Ayala Breton C, Russell S, Peng K. Ablation of nectin4 binding compromises CD46 usage by a hybrid vesicular stomatitis virus/measles virus. J Virol. 2014;88:2195-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results support continued preclinical development of VSVFH without ablation of nectin4 binding. ..
- Mateo M, Navaratnarajah C, Willenbring R, Maroun J, Iankov I, Lopez M, et al. Different roles of the three loops forming the adhesive interface of nectin-4 in measles virus binding and cell entry, nectin-4 homodimerization, and heterodimerization with nectin-1. J Virol. 2014;88:14161-71 pubmed publisher..Analogous mechanisms may support cell entry of other viruses that utilize nectins or other cell adhesion molecules of the immunoglobulin superfamily as receptors. ..
- Buchanan P, Boylan K, Walcheck B, Heinze R, Geller M, Argenta P, et al. Ectodomain shedding of the cell adhesion molecule Nectin-4 in ovarian cancer is mediated by ADAM10 and ADAM17. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6339-6351 pubmed publisher..Understanding the function of Nectin-4 shedding in ovarian cancer progression is critical to facilitate its development as both a serum biomarker and a therapeutic target for ovarian cancer. ..
- M Rabet M, Cabaud O, Josselin E, Finetti P, Castellano R, Farina A, et al. Nectin-4: a new prognostic biomarker for efficient therapeutic targeting of primary and metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. Ann Oncol. 2017;28:769-776 pubmed publisher..we have tested the prognostic value of nectin-4 expression and assessed the therapeutic efficiency of an anti-nectin 4 antibody drug conjugate (ADC) on localised and metastatic TNBC in vitro and in vivo...
- Laksono B, de Vries R, McQuaid S, Duprex W, De Swart R. Measles Virus Host Invasion and Pathogenesis. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..This review briefly highlights current topics in studies of measles virus host invasion and pathogenesis. ..
- Singh B, Hornick A, Krishnamurthy S, Locke A, Mendoza C, Mateo M, et al. The Nectin-4/Afadin Protein Complex and Intercellular Membrane Pores Contribute to Rapid Spread of Measles Virus in Primary Human Airway Epithelia. J Virol. 2015;89:7089-96 pubmed publisher..Rapid homogenization of cytoplasmic contents in epithelial infectious centers may favor rapid spread and contribute to the extremely contagious nature of measles. ..
- Challita Eid P, Satpayev D, Yang P, An Z, Morrison K, Shostak Y, et al. Enfortumab Vedotin Antibody-Drug Conjugate Targeting Nectin-4 Is a Highly Potent Therapeutic Agent in Multiple Preclinical Cancer Models. Cancer Res. 2016;76:3003-13 pubmed publisher..We performed suppression subtractive hybridization and identified nectin-4 (PVRL4), a type I transmembrane protein and member of a family of related immunoglobulin-like adhesion molecules, as a ..
- Mateo M, Navaratnarajah C, Syed S, Cattaneo R. The measles virus hemagglutinin ?-propeller head ?4-?5 hydrophobic groove governs functional interactions with nectin-4 and CD46 but not those with the signaling lymphocytic activation molecule. J Virol. 2013;87:9208-16 pubmed publisher..activation molecule (SLAM; CD150) and the adherens junction protein nectin-4 (poliovirus receptor-like 4 [PVRL4]) as receptors...
- Xu X, Zhang X, Lu G, Cai Y. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of the IgV domain of human nectin-4. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2012;68:942-5 pubmed publisher..The crystals diffracted to 1.8 Å resolution and belonged to space group P2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 33.1, b = 51.7, c = 56.9 Å, β = 94.7°. Preliminary analysis of the diffraction data was also performed. ..
- Boylan K, Buchanan P, Manion R, Shukla D, Braumberger K, Bruggemeyer C, et al. The expression of Nectin-4 on the surface of ovarian cancer cells alters their ability to adhere, migrate, aggregate, and proliferate. Oncotarget. 2017;8:9717-9738 pubmed publisher..Understanding the biology of Nectin-4 in ovarian cancer progression is critical to facilitate its development as a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Fortugno P, Josselin E, Tsiakas K, Agolini E, Cestra G, Teson M, et al. Nectin-4 mutations causing ectodermal dysplasia with syndactyly perturb the rac1 pathway and the kinetics of adherens junction formation. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:2146-2153 pubmed publisher..cleft lip/palate ED (CLPED1; OMIM#225060), whereas defective nectin-4 is associated with ED-syndactyly syndrome (EDSS1; OMIM#613573)...
- Pavlova N, Pallasch C, Elia A, Braun C, Westbrook T, Hemann M, et al. A role for PVRL4-driven cell-cell interactions in tumorigenesis. elife. 2013;2:e00358 pubmed publisher..screen for genes that enable proliferation independently of matrix anchorage identified a cell adhesion molecule PVRL4 (poliovirus-receptor-like 4), also known as Nectin-4...
- Zhang X, Lu G, Qi J, Li Y, He Y, Xu X, et al. Structure of measles virus hemagglutinin bound to its epithelial receptor nectin-4. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:67-72 pubmed publisher..Finally, a hydrophobic pocket centered in the ?4-?5 groove is involved in binding to all three identified measles virus receptors, representing a potential target for antiviral drugs...
- Delpeut S, Sisson G, Black K, Richardson C. Measles Virus Enters Breast and Colon Cancer Cell Lines through a PVRL4-Mediated Macropinocytosis Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..has been examined in cells that express the MeV receptors SLAM (signaling lymphocyte-activating molecule) and PVRL4 (poliovirus receptor-like 4) (nectin-4)...
- Siddharth S, Goutam K, Das S, Nayak A, Nayak D, Sethy C, et al. Nectin-4 is a breast cancer stem cell marker that induces WNT/?-catenin signaling via Pi3k/Akt axis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;89:85-94 pubmed publisher..The current study provides clear evidence that Nectin-4 is a BCSC marker and is responsible for breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Reymond N, Garrido Urbani S, Borg J, Dubreuil P, Lopez M. PICK-1: a scaffold protein that interacts with Nectins and JAMs at cell junctions. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2243-9 pubmed
- Rajc J, Gugić D, Fröhlich I, Marjanovic K, Dumencić B. Prognostic role of Nectin-4 expression in luminal B (HER2 negative) breast cancer. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:1102-1108 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Nectin-4 is a relevant prognostic factor and a therapeutic target in luminalB (HER2 negative) breast cancer. ..
- Geekiyanage H, Galanis E. MiR-31 and miR-128 regulates poliovirus receptor-related 4 mediated measles virus infectivity in tumors. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:1387-1403 pubmed publisher..Poliovirus receptor-related 4 (PVRL4) was recently identified as a potent measles virus (MV) receptor; however, its regulation is not yet understood...
- Nabih E, Abdel Motaleb F, Salama F. The diagnostic efficacy of nectin 4 expression in ovarian cancer patients. Biomarkers. 2014;19:498-504 pubmed publisherb>Nectin 4 plays a significant role in cancer cell growth and invasion. To explore its diagnostic role in ovarian cancer...
- Ballester M, Gonin J, Rodenas A, Bernaudin J, Rouzier R, Coutant C, et al. Eutopic endometrium and peritoneal, ovarian and colorectal endometriotic tissues express a different profile of nectin-1, -3, -4 and nectin-like molecule 2. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:3179-86 pubmed publisher..How is the expression of nectins and nectin-like molecules (Necls) detected by immunostaining altered by endometriosis?..
- Singh B, Li N, Mark A, Mateo M, Cattaneo R, Sinn P. Cell-to-Cell Contact and Nectin-4 Govern Spread of Measles Virus from Primary Human Myeloid Cells to Primary Human Airway Epithelial Cells. J Virol. 2016;90:6808-6817 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, cell-to-cell contact is an important component of successful MeV transfer. Our studies elucidate a mechanism by which the most contagious human respiratory virus is delivered to the airway epithelium. ..
- Otsuki N, Sekizuka T, Seki F, Sakai K, Kubota T, Nakatsu Y, et al. Canine distemper virus with the intact C protein has the potential to replicate in human epithelial cells by using human nectin4 as a receptor. Virology. 2013;435:485-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the C protein is functional in human epithelial cells and critical for CDV replication in them...
- Zhang Y, Chen P, Yin W, Ji Y, Shen Q, Ni Q. Nectin-4 promotes gastric cancer progression via the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Hum Pathol. 2018;72:107-116 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that Nectin-4 had a promoter effect on human GC cell growth and motility, indicating that Nectin-4 may serve as an effective therapeutic target in GC. ..
- Aref S, Bailey K, Fielding A. Measles to the Rescue: A Review of Oncolytic Measles Virus. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed
- Nishiwada S, Sho M, Yasuda S, Shimada K, Yamato I, Akahori T, et al. Nectin-4 expression contributes to tumor proliferation, angiogenesis and patient prognosis in human pancreatic cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:30 pubmed publisher..Nectin-4 is a significant prognostic predictor, and may play a critical role in pancreatic cancer. Nectin-4 may be novel therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Harrison O, Vendome J, Brasch J, Jin X, Hong S, Katsamba P, et al. Nectin ectodomain structures reveal a canonical adhesive interface. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:906-15 pubmed publisher..The structure of the dimer provides a simple molecular explanation for the adhesive binding specificity of nectins. ..