Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NECAB3
Description: N-terminal EF-hand calcium binding protein 3
Alias: APBA2BP, EFCBP3, NIP1, STIP3, SYTIP2, XB51, dJ63M2.4, dJ63M2.5, N-terminal EF-hand calcium-binding protein 3, EF-hand calcium binding protein 3, Nek2-interacting protein 1, X11L-binding protein 51, amyloid beta (A4) precursor protein-binding, family A, member 2 binding protein, amyloid beta A4 protein-binding family A member 2-binding protein, neuronal calcium-binding protein 3, neuronal calcium-binding protein NECAB3, synaptotagmin interacting protein 2, synaptotagmin interacting protein STIP3
- Wang Y, Li R, Li D, Jia X, Zhou D, Li J, et al. NIP1;2 is a plasma membrane-localized transporter mediating aluminum uptake, translocation, and tolerance in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:5047-5052 pubmed publisher..Here we report that NIP1;2, a plasma membrane-localized member of the Arabidopsis nodulin 26-like intrinsic protein (NIP) subfamily ..
- Sadhukhan A, Kobayashi Y, Nakano Y, Iuchi S, Kobayashi M, Sahoo L, et al. Genome-wide Association Study Reveals that the Aquaporin NIP1;1 Contributes to Variation in Hydrogen Peroxide Sensitivity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Plant. 2017;10:1082-1094 pubmed publisher..were associated with a cluster of chromosome 4 genes encoding an aquaporin NODULIN 26-LIKE INTRINSIC PROTEIN 1; 1 (NIP1;1), an NB-ARC domain-containing disease resistance protein (AT4G19050), and a putative membrane lipoprotein (..
- Kim H, Kim E, Yoo K, Lee M, Choi J, Park H, et al. Isolation and expression analysis of Alzheimer's disease-related gene xb51 in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3921-6 pubmed publisherb>XB51 protein is known to interact with the amino-terminal of the X11L protein and to be involved in Abeta40 generation, a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease...
- Yoo J, Chang J, Kim S, Jang S, Wolgemuth D, Kim K, et al. NIP1/XB51/NECAB3 is a potential substrate of Nek2, suggesting specific roles of Nek2 in Golgi. Exp Cell Res. 2004;292:393-402 pubmed..yeast two-hybrid screening and isolated Nek2-Interacting Protein 1 (NIP1), which has been also named as XB51 and NECAB3. Physical interactions of Nek2 with NIP1 were confirmed. In fact, Nek2 can phosphorylate NIP1 in vivo...
- Sumioka A, Imoto S, Martins R, Kirino Y, Suzuki T. XB51 isoforms mediate Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptide production by X11L (X11-like protein)-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Biochem J. 2003;374:261-8 pubmedb>XB51 (derived from X11-like binding protein of clone number 51) was isolated by yeast two-hybrid cDNA screening using the N-terminal domain of X11L (X11-like protein) as a bait...
- Sugita S, Ho A, Sudhof T. NECABs: a family of neuronal Ca(2+)-binding proteins with an unusual domain structure and a restricted expression pattern. Neuroscience. 2002;112:51-63 pubmed..We suggest that NECABs represent a novel family of regulatory Ca(2+)-binding proteins with an unusual domain structure and a limited expression in a subclass of neurons. ..
- Lee D, Tomita S, Kirino Y, Suzuki T. Regulation of X11L-dependent amyloid precursor protein metabolism by XB51, a novel X11L-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23134-8 pubmedWe isolated a cDNA encoding a novel protein, XB51, that interacts with the amino-terminal domain of the neuron-specific X11-like protein (X11L)...
- Nakaoka H, Hara T, Yoshino S, Kanamori A, Matsui Y, Shimamura T, et al. NECAB3 Promotes Activation of Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 during Normoxia and Enhances Tumourigenicity of Cancer Cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22784 pubmed publisher..Yeast two-hybrid screening using Mint3 as bait identified N-terminal EF-hand calcium binding protein 3 (NECAB3) as a novel factor regulating HIF-1 activity via Mint3...
- Sugita S, Sudhof T. Specificity of Ca2+-dependent protein interactions mediated by the C2A domains of synaptotagmins. Biochemistry. 2000;39:2940-9 pubmed
- Büssow K, Cahill D, Nietfeld W, Bancroft D, Scherzinger E, Lehrach H, et al. A method for global protein expression and antibody screening on high-density filters of an arrayed cDNA library. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5007-8 pubmed..His antibody, Qiagen) detected 20% of the library as putative expression clones. Two example genes, GAPDH and HSP90alpha, were identified on high-density filters using DNA probes and antibodies against their proteins. ..
- Anderson L, Aquino F, Raeber A, Chen X, Wong B. Halogen Bonding Interactions: Revised Benchmarks and a New Assessment of Exchange vs. Dispersion. J Chem Theory Comput. 2017;: pubmed publisher..for calculating halogen-bonding interactions in a wide variety of complex dimers (69 total) within the XB18 and XB51 benchmark sets...