Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NDC80
Description: NDC80 kinetochore complex component
Alias: HEC, HEC1, HsHec1, KNTC2, TID3, hsNDC80, NDC80 homolog, kinetochore complex component, NDC80 kinetochore complex component homolog, highly expressed in cancer protein, highly expressed in cancer, rich in leucine heptad repeats, kinetochore associated 2, kinetochore protein Hec1, kinetochore-associated protein 2, retinoblastoma-associated protein HEC
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Delayed nausea and vomiting continue to reduce patients' quality of life after highly and moderately emetogenic chemotherapy despite antiemetic treatmentBrigitte Bloechl-Daum
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 24:4472-8. 2006..the impact of acute (during the first 24 hours postchemotherapy) and delayed (days 2 through 5 postchemotherapy) CINV on patients' quality of life (QoL) after highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC and MEC, respectively).
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of aprepitant in the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in BelgiumLieven Annemans
Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Gent, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 16:905-15. 2008..response (no emesis and no rescue therapy) compared to standard prevention, in patients receiving either highly (HEC) or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC; absolute reduction = 11 and 13%, respectively)...
- Semi-solid gels function as physical barriers to human immunodeficiency virus transport in vitroBonnie E Lai
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Antiviral Res 88:143-51. 2010..Two gels used as placebos in microbicides clinical trials, hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) and methylcellulose (MC), were found to hinder HIV transport in vitro...
- Abnormal kinetochore-generated pulling forces from expressing a N-terminally modified Hec1Marta Mattiuzzo
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, National Research Council of Italy, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16307. 2011b>Highly Expressed in Cancer protein 1 (Hec1) is a constituent of the Ndc80 complex, a kinetochore component that has been shown to have a fundamental role in stable kinetochore-microtubule attachment, chromosome alignment and spindle ..
- The conserved KMN network constitutes the core microtubule-binding site of the kinetochoreIain M Cheeseman
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine UCSD, CMM East, Room 3052, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 127:983-97. 2006..Here, we examined the conserved KNL-1/Mis12 complex/Ndc80 complex (KMN) network, which is essential for kinetochore-microtubule interactions in vivo...
- Aurora B controls kinetochore-microtubule attachments by inhibiting Ska complex-KMN network interactionYing Wai Chan
Growth and Development, Biozentrum, University of Basel, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 196:563-71. 2012The KMN network (named according to the acronym for KNL1, Mis12, and Ndc80) and the more recently identified Ska complex (Ska1-3) have been shown to mediate kinetochore (KT)-microtubule (MT) attachments...
- Temporal changes in Hec1 phosphorylation control kinetochore-microtubule attachment stability during mitosisKeith F Deluca
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Cell Sci 124:622-34. 2011..Here, we identify multiple serine residues within the N-terminus of the kinetochore protein Hec1 that are phosphorylated in an Aurora-B-kinase-dependent manner during mitosis...
- Microarray analysis identifies a death-from-cancer signature predicting therapy failure in patients with multiple types of cancerGennadi V Glinsky
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1503-21. 2005....
- Expression analysis of mitotic spindle checkpoint genes in breast carcinoma: role of NDC80/HEC1 in early breast tumorigenicity, and a two-gene signature for aneuploidyIvan Bieche
INSERM U735, Institut Curie Hôpital René Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Mol Cancer 10:23. 2011..Alterations of the mitotic spindle checkpoint are likely to contribute to these phenotypes, but little is known about somatic alterations of mitotic spindle checkpoint genes in breast cancer...
- siRNA-mediated knockdown against CDCA1 and KNTC2, both frequently overexpressed in colorectal and gastric cancers, suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosisNaoyuki Kaneko
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:1235-40. 2009..It is composed of two heterodimers, CDCA1-KNTC2 and SPC24-SPC25...
- Mitotic control of kinetochore-associated dynein and spindle orientation by human SpindlyYing Wai Chan
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 185:859-74. 2009..Collectively, our data reveal hSpindly-mediated dynein functions and highlight a critical role of KT dynein in spindle orientation...
- Inner centromere formation requires hMis14, a trident kinetochore protein that specifically recruits HP1 to human chromosomesTomomi Kiyomitsu
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology Research Program, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 188:791-807. 2010..hMis14, which contains a tripartite-binding domain for HP1 and two other kinetochore proteins, hMis13 and blinkin, is a cornerstone for the assembly of the inner centromere and kinetochore...
- The mitotic checkpoint kinase NEK2A regulates kinetochore microtubule attachment stabilityJ Du
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Micro scale, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
Oncogene 27:4107-14. 2008..by NEK2A, which prevents aberrant kinetochore-microtubule connections in vivo, increases the affinity of the Ndc80 complex for microtubules in vitro...
- Phosphorylation of the mitotic regulator protein Hec1 by Nek2 kinase is essential for faithful chromosome segregationYumay Chen
Institute of Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 15355 Lambda Drive, San Antonio, TX 78245 3207, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49408-16. 2002b>Hec1 (highly expressed in cancer) plays essential roles in chromosome segregation by interacting through its coiled-coil domains with several proteins that modulate the G(2)/M phase...
- Kinetochore microtubule dynamics and attachment stability are regulated by Hec1Jennifer G DeLuca
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cell 127:969-82. 2006..We report here that Ndc80/Hec1 functions in regulating kinetochore microtubule plus-end dynamics and attachment stability...
- NEK2A interacts with MAD1 and possibly functions as a novel integrator of the spindle checkpoint signalingYang Lou
School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, China
J Biol Chem 279:20049-57. 2004..NEK2A is required for MAD2 but not MAD1, BUB1, and HEC1 to associate with kinetochores...
- The Ndc80 kinetochore complex forms oligomeric arrays along microtubulesGregory M Alushin
Biophysics Graduate Group, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 467:805-10. 2010The Ndc80 complex is a key site of regulated kinetochore-microtubule attachment (a process required for cell division), but the molecular mechanism underlying its function remains unknown...
- Orientation and structure of the Ndc80 complex on the microtubule latticeElizabeth M Wilson-Kubalek
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 182:1055-61. 2008The four-subunit Ndc80 complex, comprised of Ndc80/Nuf2 and Spc24/Spc25 dimers, directly connects kinetochores to spindle microtubules...
- Nuf2 and Hec1 are required for retention of the checkpoint proteins Mad1 and Mad2 to kinetochoresJennifer G DeLuca
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Curr Biol 13:2103-9. 2003Members of the Ndc80/Nuf2 complex have been shown in several systems to be important in formation of stable kinetochore-microtubule attachments and chromosome alignment in mitosis...
- The Ndc80/HEC1 complex is a contact point for kinetochore-microtubule attachmentRonnie R Wei
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:54-9. 2007..Kinetochores are multicomponent assemblies that connect chromosomal centromeres to mitotic-spindle microtubules. The Ndc80 complex is an essential core element of kinetochores, conserved from yeast to humans...
- Role of Hec1 in spindle checkpoint signaling and kinetochore recruitment of Mad1/Mad2Silvia Martin-Lluesma
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Science 297:2267-70. 2002..We showed that the human protein Hec1 was required for the recruitment of Mps1 kinase and Mad1/Mad2 complexes to kinetochores...
- Expression of the kinetochore protein Hec1 during the cell cycle in normal and cancer cells and its regulation by the pRb pathwayChiara Ferretti
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, CNR, Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 9:4174-82. 2010b>Highly Expressed in Cancer protein 1 (Hec1) is a subunit of the Ndc80 complex, a constituent of the mitotic kinetochore...
- Polo-like kinase 1 creates the tension-sensing 3F3/2 phosphoepitope and modulates the association of spindle-checkpoint proteins at kinetochoresLeena J Ahonen
Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Curr Biol 15:1078-89. 2005..Determining the kinase that generates the 3F3/2 phosphoepitope at kinetochores should reveal an important component of this system that regulates mitotic progression...
- Implications for kinetochore-microtubule attachment from the structure of an engineered Ndc80 complexClaudio Ciferri
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Adamello 16, I 20139 Milan, Italy
Cell 133:427-39. 2008..The 180 kDa Ndc80 complex is a direct point of contact between kinetochores and microtubules...
- Hec1 sequentially recruits Zwint-1 and ZW10 to kinetochores for faithful chromosome segregation and spindle checkpoint controlY T Lin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4037, USA
Oncogene 25:6901-14. 2006..Previously, we discovered a novel coiled-coil protein, highly expressed in cancer 1 (Hec1), which is indispensable for this process. However, the precise underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- A conserved protein network controls assembly of the outer kinetochore and its ability to sustain tensionIain M Cheeseman
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 18:2255-68. 2004..Thus, this protein network is a conserved constituent of the outer kinetochore, and the functions defined by our analysis in C. elegans are likely to be widely relevant...
- Timing and checkpoints in the regulation of mitotic progressionPatrick Meraldi
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Dev Cell 7:45-60. 2004..We propose that cytosolic Mad2-BubR1 is essential to restrain anaphase onset early in mitosis when kinetochores are still assembling...
- A conserved Mis12 centromere complex is linked to heterochromatic HP1 and outer kinetochore protein Zwint-1Chikashi Obuse
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:1135-41. 2004..Nine polypeptides bind to human hMis12; two of these, HEC1 and Zwint-1, are authentic kinetochore proteins...
- Timely anaphase onset requires a novel spindle and kinetochore complex comprising Ska1 and Ska2Anja Hanisch
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
EMBO J 25:5504-15. 2006..These data suggest that the Ska1/2 complex plays a critical role in the maintenance of the metaphase plate and/or spindle checkpoint silencing...
- The NDC80 complex proteins Nuf2 and Hec1 make distinct contributions to kinetochore-microtubule attachment in mitosisLynsie J R Sundin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:759-68. 2011..Central to generating these attachments is the NDC80 complex, made of the four proteins Spc24, Spc25, Nuf2, and Hec1/Ndc80...
- Architecture of the human ndc80-hec1 complex, a critical constituent of the outer kinetochoreClaudio Ciferri
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:29088-95. 2005The Ndc80 complex is a constituent of the outer plate of the kinetochore and plays a critical role in establishing the stable kinetochore-microtubule interactions required for chromosome segregation in mitosis...
- The retinoblastoma protein associates with the protein phosphatase type 1 catalytic subunitT Durfee
Center for Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78245
Genes Dev 7:555-69. 1993..Cell cycle synchrony experiments revealed that this association occurs from mitosis to early G1. The implications of these findings on the regulation of both proteins are discussed...
- Phosphorylation of the Ndc80 complex protein, HEC1, by Nek2 kinase modulates chromosome alignment and signaling of the spindle assembly checkpointRandy Wei
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:3584-94. 2011The spindle assemble checkpoint (SAC) is critical for accurate chromosome segregation. Hec1 contributes to chromosome segregation in part by mediating SAC signaling and chromosome alignment...
- ZW10 links mitotic checkpoint signaling to the structural kinetochoreGeert J P L Kops
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Cell Biol 169:49-60. 2005..ZW10 partner, Zwint-1, is part of a separate complex of structural kinetochore components including Mis12 and Ndc80-Hec1. Zwint-1 is critical for recruiting ZW10 to unattached kinetochores...
- Hec1 contributes to mitotic centrosomal microtubule growth for proper spindle assembly through interaction with Hice1Guikai Wu
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:4686-95. 2009Previous studies have stipulated Hec1 as a conserved kinetochore component critical for mitotic control in part by directly binding to kinetochore fibers of the mitotic spindle and by recruiting spindle assembly checkpoint proteins Mad1 ..
- Identification of two novel components of the human NDC80 kinetochore complexRajnish Bharadwaj
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13076-85. 2004..Components of the conserved NDC80 complex are required for chromosome congression, and their disruption results in mitotic arrest accompanied by ..
- HEC, a novel nuclear protein rich in leucine heptad repeats specifically involved in mitosisY Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78245, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6049-56. 1997The protein encoded by the human gene HEC (highly expressed in cancer) contains 642 amino acids and a long series of leucine heptad repeats at its C-terminal region...
- An apocrine membrane antigen with polarized distribution and hormonally regulated expression in human endometrial and mammary carcinoma cell linesL M Forsman
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand A 95:315-23. 1987..of an apocrine epithelial differentiation antigen (AEA) were studied in one endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line (HEC-1-B) and two mammary carcinoma cell lines (MCF-7 and T47-D), using an antiserum raised against glycoproteins which ..
- Gene amplification and expression of the steroid receptor coactivator SRC3 (AIB1) in sporadic breast and endometrial carcinomasM Glaeser
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Heinrich-Heine-University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 33:121-6. 2001..breast carcinomas, 30 endometrial carcinomas and different cell lines (MCF7, HeLa, Ishikawa, T47D, BT-20, SK-BR-3, HEC-1a, RL 95-2, OVCAR3 and A-431)...
- Quantitative studies on the adsorption of proteins to the bare silica wall in capillary electrophoresis. II. Effects of adsorbed, neutral polymers on quenching the interactionB Verzola
University of Verona, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, Italy
J Chromatogr A 874:293-303. 2000..of proteins with the silica wall: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC, Mr = 1000000), hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, Mr = 27000), poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA, Mr = 49000) and short-chain poly(dimethylacrylamide) [poly(DMA)] (average ..
- Molecular analysis of core kinetochore composition and assembly in Drosophila melanogasterMarcin R Przewloka
Cancer Research UK, Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e478. 2007..Although Drosophila is a classical model organism for studies of chromosome segregation, little is known about the organization of its kinetochores...
- Towards elucidation of the drug release mechanism from compressed hydrophilic matrices made of cellulose ethers. I. Pulse-field-gradient spin-echo NMR study of sodium salicylate diffusivity in swollen hydrogels with respect to polymer matrix physical struCarmen Ferrero
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Quai Ernest Ansermet 30, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Control Release 128:71-9. 2008..and, incidentally, that of water, in hydrogels made of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) and hydroxypropylcellulose (HPC) of varying polymer weight fraction and molecular weight in D2O...
- Capillary electrophoresis of DNA in uncross-linked polymer solutionsA E Barron
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Chromatogr A 652:3-16. 1993We have used dilute and semi-dilute uncross-linked hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) solutions as separation matrices for capillary electrophoresis of DNA restriction fragments...
- [Health care ethics committees in German university clinics. A survey of all medical directors and directors of nursing]J Vollmann
Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1237-42. 2004Health Care Ethics Committees (HEC) are new ways of implementing clinical ethics in hospitals and nursing homes. In the US all health care institutions must provide some structure to handle ethical conflicts in everyday patients' care...
- Quantitation of protein binding to the capillary wall in acidic, isoelectric buffers and means for minimizing the phenomenonE Olivier
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, University of Verona, Italy
J Chromatogr A 894:273-80. 2000..7 in 7 M urea). Three potential quenchers of such interactions have been tested: hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC; number average molecular mass, Mr 27,000), TEPA (tetraethylenepentamine) and a novel, quatemarized piperazine [N(..
- Kinetochore attachments require an interaction between unstructured tails on microtubules and Ndc80(Hec1)Stephanie A Miller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 18:1785-91. 2008..Kinetochores are unable to bind microtubules after any of the four subunits of the Ndc80 complex are knocked down [2, 4]; however, because the Ndc80 complex has important structural roles [1-3], it is ..
- The highly conserved Ndc80 complex is required for kinetochore assembly, chromosome congression, and spindle checkpoint activityMark L McCleland
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Genes Dev 17:101-14. 2003We show that the Xenopus homologs of Ndc80/Tid3/HEC1 (xNdc80) and Nuf2/MPP1/Him-10 (xNuf2) proteins physically interact in a 190-kD complex that associates with the outer kinetochore from prometaphase through anaphase...
- Efficacy and safety of casopitant mesylate, a neurokinin 1 (NK1)-receptor antagonist, in prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cisplatin-based highly emetogenic chemotherapy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-contrSteven M Grunberg
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Lancet Oncol 10:549-58. 2009..and vomiting (CINV) remains a clinical management problem after treatment with highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC)...
- Ethicians, ethicists and the goals of clinical ethics consultationFrederick Adolf Paola
Health Professions Division, Nova Southeastern University, 2655 Northbrooke Drive, Naples, FL 34119, USA
Intern Emerg Med 1:5-14. 2006..In pursuing these ends, healthcare ethics consultation (HEC) and CEC services confront three broad categories of questions: (1) questions of professional duty; (2) questions ..
- Low incidence of enterocolitis and colonic mucosal inflammation in Norwegian patients with Hirschsprung's diseaseYasser Rehman
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Pediatr Surg Int 25:133-8. 2009..Further, the etiology of Hirschsprung-associated enterocolitis (HEC) is unclear...
- Transbuccal permeation, anti-inflammatory activity and clinical efficacy of piroxicam formulated in different gelsM A Attia
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Int J Pharm 276:11-28. 2004..5%) >or= sodium alginate (Na alg., 7%) > methylcellulose (MC, 3%) > hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, 1.5%) > carbopol 934 (Carb...
- The Ndc80 complex uses a tripartite attachment point to couple microtubule depolymerization to chromosome movementJohn G Tooley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:1217-26. 2011In kinetochores, the Ndc80 complex couples the energy in a depolymerizing microtubule to perform the work of moving chromosomes...
- Invasion of human mucosal epithelial cells by Neisseria gonorrhoeae upregulates expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1)G A Jarvis
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Infect Immun 67:1149-56. 1999..invasive strain FA1090 and the poorly invasive strain MS11 were incubated with human endometrial adenocarcinoma (HEC-1-B) or human cervical carcinoma (ME-180) epithelial cells, after which ICAM-1 expression was measured by flow ..
- The Ndc80 kinetochore complex forms load-bearing attachments to dynamic microtubule tips via biased diffusionAndrew F Powers
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Cell 136:865-75. 2009..Genetic, biochemical, and structural studies implicate the Ndc80 complex as a direct point of contact between kinetochores and microtubules, but these approaches provide only a ..
- Multiple mechanisms of chromosome movement in vertebrate cells mediated through the Ndc80 complex and dynein/dynactinValeriya V Vorozhko
Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th St, MS 48, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Chromosoma 117:169-79. 2008..chromosomes, we found microtubule nucleation/binding depended additively on both dynein/dynactin and on the Ndc80/Hec1 complex...
- Effect of acute hyperglycemia and/or hyperinsulinemia on polymorphonuclear functions in healthy subjectsVladimira Fejfarova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague 140 21, Czech Republic
Metabolism 55:811-8. 2006..by three 4-hour-long clamp studies-hyperglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp (HHC), hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp (HEC), and isolated hyperglycemic clamp with insulin secretion blockade (HGC)...
- A survey of Louisiana hospital ethics committeesThomas P Gonsoulin
Tulane Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Laryngoscope 119:330-40. 2009..To obtain a picture of hospital ethics committees (HECs) in the State of Louisiana. Compare results to other published studies. Gauge interest and participation in HECs by otolaryngologists...
- Correlation of in vitro chemopreventive efficacy data from the human epidermal cell assay with animal efficacy data and clinical trial plasma levelsEugene Elmore
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:571-88. 2005The human epidermal cell (HEC) assay, which uses carcinogen exposed normal skin keratinocytes to screen for cancer prevention efficacy, was used to screen possible preventive agents...
- HER-2 amplification and topoisomerase IIalpha gene aberrations as predictive markers in node-positive breast cancer patients randomly treated either with an anthracycline-based therapy or with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and 5-fluorouracilAngelo Di Leo
Translational Research Unit, Jules Bordet Institute Brussels, 1000, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 8:1107-16. 2002..The purpose of this study is to evaluate HER-2 and topoisomerase IIalpha (topo IIalpha) as candidates for predicting the activity of anthracyclines in the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer patients...
- [Effects and mechanisms of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine on endometrial cancer cell.]Yu Quan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226000, China Email
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:861-4. 2009..To investigate the effects and mechanisms of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine (5-Aza-CdR) on endometrial cancer cell...
- Linking binge alcohol-induced neurodamage to brain edema and potential aquaporin-4 upregulation: evidence in rat organotypic brain slice cultures and in vivoKumar Sripathirathan
CoMentis Inc, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:261-73. 2009Brain edema and derived oxidative stress potentially are critical events in the hippocampal-entorhinal cortical (HEC) neurodegeneration caused by binge alcohol (ethanol) intoxication and withdrawal in adult rats...
- Mechanisms of eosinophil adherence to cultured vascular endothelial cells. Eosinophils bind to the cytokine-induced ligand vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 via the very late activation antigen-4 integrin receptorA Dobrina
Institute of General Pathology, University of Trieste, Italy
J Clin Invest 88:20-6. 1991..in the adherence of normal peripheral blood eosinophils to cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HEC) under three conditions: (a) adherence in the absence of treatment of HEC or eosinophils with activating agents (..
- Primary chemoprevention of endometrial hyperplasia with the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist rosiglitazone in the PTEN heterozygote murine modelW Wu
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:329-38. 2008..b>Hec-1-A (PTEN wild type) and Ishikawa (PTEN null) cells were treated with rosiglitazone...
- Design, characterisation and preliminary clinical evaluation of a novel mucoadhesive topical formulation containing tetracycline for the treatment of periodontal diseaseD S Jones
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97, Lisburn Road, BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
J Control Release 67:357-68. 2000..and preliminary clinical evaluation of mucoadhesive, semi-solid formulations containing hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, 1-5%, w/w), polyvinylpyrrolidine (PVP, 2 or 3%, w/w), polycarbophil (PC, 1 or 3%, w/w) and tetracycline (5%, w/w, ..
- The impact of urea on viscosity of hydroxethyl cellulose and observed mobility of deoxyribonucleic acidsO Otim
Beckman Institute 139 74, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Biopolymers 58:329-34. 2001The influence of urea on the viscosity of hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC), and the state and separation of double-stranded DNA, was studied by viscometry, fluorometry, and capillary electrophoresis...
- A pilot study on hyperinsulinaemic euglycaemic clamp based insulin sensitivity in young adult Indian males with low body mass indexGajalakshmi Ramakrishnan
Department of Physiology, St John s Medical College and Research Institute Bangalore, India
Indian J Med Res 129:409-17. 2009..This study thus used the hyperinsulinaemic euglycaemic clamp (HEC) technique to compare IS in young normal weight (NW) and low BMI (LBMI) Indian males...
- Liposomal drugs dispersed in hydrogels. Effect of liposome, drug and gel properties on drug release kineticsSpyridon Mourtas
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, 26510 Rio, Greece
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 55:212-21. 2007..5 or 2% (w/w)], hydroxylethyl-cellulose (HEC) [4% (w/w)], or a mixture of the two), and release of calcein or GRF was followed by fluorescence or photometric ..
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents of affluent schools in KarachiSina Aziz
Sarwar Zuberi Liver Centre, Medical Unit 5, Civil Hospital Karachi, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 59:35-8. 2009..To estimate the prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents of affluent schools of Karachi...
- [Foundation of a Health Care Ethics Committee (HEC) in a nonconfessional hospital. Initial experiences and prospects of the future]Norbert Scheffold
Medizinische Klinik I, SLK Kliniken Heilbronn GmbH, Klinikum am Gesundbrunnen, Heilbronn
Med Klin (Munich) 101:584-9. 2006..In this study, the authors report of the implementation of an HEC at the SLK Hospital Heilbronn, Germany, and discuss the further development within the first 2 years.
- Chloroacetaldehyde-induced mutagenesis in Escherichia coli: the role of AlkB protein in repair of 3,N(4)-ethenocytosine and 3,N(4)-alpha-hydroxyethanocytosineAgnieszka M Maciejewska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 02 106 Warsaw, 5A Pawińskiego Str, Poland
Mutat Res 684:24-34. 2010..Formation of varepsilonC proceeds via a relatively stable intermediate, 3,N(4)-alpha-hydroxyethanocytosine (HEC), which allowed to compare repair of both adducts...
- A bipartite signal mediates the transfer of type IV secretion substrates of Bartonella henselae into human cellsRalf Schulein
Division of Molecular Microbiology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:856-61. 2005..VirB of the vascular tumor-inducing pathogen Bartonella henselae causes subversion of human endothelial cell (HEC) function...
- Novel chondroitin sulfate-modified ligands for L-selectin on lymph node high endothelial venulesC J Derry
Division of Cellular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 29:419-30. 1999..High endothelial cells (HEC) cultured from rat lymph node HEV were shown to express ligands for L-selectin...
- Estrogen formation in endometrial and cervix cancer cell lines: involvement of aromatase, steroid sulfatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (types 1, 5, 7 and 12)Michelle Audrey Fournier
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Medicinal Chemistry Division, CHUQ CHUL Research Center and Université Laval, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:142-5. 2009..17beta-HSDs) in the production of estrogens was determined in four cell lines of endometrial cancer (Ishikawa, HEC-1A, HEC-1B and RL-95) and one cell line of cervix cancer (Hela) in culture...
- Ethical reasoning about patient eligibility in allogeneic BMT based on psychosocial criteriaL W Foster
School of Social Work, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH 44115 2214, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:607-12. 2009..A self-administered questionnaire was sent to 62 HEC chairpersons at hospitals with an accredited BMT program; the response rate was 37%...
- Cytokine-induced beta-galactoside alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase in human endothelial cells mediates alpha 2,6-sialylation of adhesion molecules and CD22 ligandsK Hanasaki
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 269:10637-43. 1994..Here we show that treatment of cultured human endothelial cells (HEC) with TNF-alpha, interleukin-1, or lipopolysaccharide causes increased expression of the enzyme beta-galactoside ..
- Phase III trial comparing two dose levels of epirubicin combined with cyclophosphamide with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil in node-positive breast cancerM J Piccart
Jules Bordet Institute, Belgian and Luxembourg Cooperative Centers, and Pharmacia Upjohn, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:3103-10. 2001To compare a full-dose epirubicin-cyclophosphamide (HEC) regimen with classical cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) therapy and with a moderate-dose epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimen (EC) in the adjuvant therapy of ..
- First-line trastuzumab plus epirubicin and cyclophosphamide therapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer: cardiac safety and efficacy data from the Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULEMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Frauenheilkunde mit Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:1473-80. 2010..The Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULES) trial evaluated trastuzumab plus cyclophosphamide and the less cardiotoxic anthracycline epirubicin...
- In vitro sensitivity of human endometrial cancer cell lines to paclitaxel or irinotecan (CPT-11) in combination with other aniticancer drugsH P Hiramatsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seto Hospital, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 11:573-8. 2000..of patients with endometrial cancer, were examined using five human endometrial cancer cell lines (Ishikawa, HEC-1A, HEC-50B, HEC-59 and HEC-108)...
- Incidence of chemotherapy-induced nausea and emesis after modern antiemeticsSteven M Grunberg
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Cancer 100:2261-8. 2004..of acute and delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and emesis (vomiting) (CINV) among patients receiving highly (HEC) or moderately (MEC) emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Cytocompatible gel formation of chitosan-glycerol phosphate solutions supplemented with hydroxyl ethyl cellulose is due to the presence of glyoxalC D Hoemann
Department of Chemical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, PO Box 6079, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3A7
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:521-9. 2007..developed an adhesive in situ-gelling cell carrier by suspending cells in a solution of hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC), which was then mixed with chitosan-glycerol phosphate to form a chitosan-GP/HEC gel...
- Viscosification in polymer-surfactant mixtures at low temperaturesNeda Beheshti
Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo, P O Box 1033, Blindern, N 0315 Oslo, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6273-80. 2010Interactions between the anionic surfactant sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) and hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) or its hydrophobically modified analogue (HM-HEC) have been studied over an extended temperature region with the aid of turbidimetry,..
- Dissociation of the Nuf2-Ndc80 complex releases centromeres from the spindle-pole body during meiotic prophase in fission yeastHaruhiko Asakawa
Cell Biology Group and CREST Research Project, Kansai Advanced Research Center, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Kobe 651 2492, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 16:2325-38. 2005..Here we examined the behavior of centromere proteins in living meiotic cells of S. pombe. We show that the Nuf2-Ndc80 complex proteins (Nuf2, Ndc80, Spc24, and Spc25) disappear from the centromere in meiotic prophase when the ..
- Ocular poloxamer-based ciprofloxacin hydrochloride in situ forming gelsMai Mansour
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:744-52. 2008..Mucoadhesives such as hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC) or hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) were added to the formulations to enhance the gel bioadhesion properties...
- Predictors of adherent use of diaphragms and microbicide gel in a four-arm, randomized pilot study among female sex workers in MadagascarAbigail Norris Turner
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:249-57. 2009..Participants' protocol adherence may influence assessments of the effectiveness of new female-controlled methods for sexually transmitted infection prevention...
- Vaginal microbicide and diaphragm use for sexually transmitted infection prevention: a randomized acceptability and feasibility study among high-risk women in MadagascarFrieda M Behets
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:818-26. 2008....
- Role of FOXO1A in the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in human endometrial cells: interaction with progesterone receptorJ J Kim
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 73:833-9. 2005..receptor A (PGRA), and progesterone receptor B (PGRB) proteins, whereas the endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line, HEC-1B cells, expressed only FOXO1A and no detectable PGR proteins...
- Inhibition of growth of experimental human endometrial cancer by an antagonist of growth hormone-releasing hormoneJorg B Engel
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1601 Perdido Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1262, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3614-21. 2005..we investigated in vivo and in vitro the effects of the GHRH antagonist MZ-J-7-118 and its mechanism of action in HEC-1A human endometrial cancer...
- Lymphotoxin plays a crucial role in the development and function of nasal-associated lymphoid tissue through regulation of chemokines and peripheral node addressinXiaoyan Ying
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, 60 College St, P O Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Am J Pathol 166:135-46. 2005..High endothelial venules (HEVs) developed that expressed GlyCAM-1, HEC-6ST [an enzyme crucial for expression of luminal peripheral node addressin (PNAd)], and PNAd itself...
- Vaginal microbicides: detecting toxicities in vivo that paradoxically increase pathogen transmissionRichard A Cone
Mucosal Protection Laboratory, Dept of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:90. 2006....
- Development of a model for inducing transient insulin resistance in the mare: preliminary implications regarding the estrous cycleD R Sessions
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0099, USA
J Anim Sci 82:2321-8. 2004..In Exp. 1, a hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp (HEC) procedure was performed on seven mares to determine insulin sensitivity before and immediately following infusion ..
- A molecular phylogeny of the hawkmoth genus Hyles (Lepidoptera: Sphingidae, Macroglossinae)Anna K Hundsdoerfer
Institut für Pharmazie und molekulare Biotechnologie, Abt Biologie, Im Neuenheimer Feld 364, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 35:442-58. 2005..We propose that the radiation of the Hyles euphorbiae-complex s. str. (HEC) occurred as recently as the Pliocene/Pleistocene boundary and that its roots can still be reconstructed in Asia...
- Protein disulfide isomerase, a component of the estrogen receptor complex, is associated with Chlamydia trachomatis serovar E attached to human endometrial epithelial cellsC H Davis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Infect Immun 70:3413-8. 2002..apical membrane protein receptor(s) attached to EB at 4 degrees C was stripped off the surface of polarized HEC-1B cells and immunoprecipitated with polyclonal anti-EB antibodies, an approximately 55-kDa protein was ..
- Viscoelastic properties of bioadhesive, chlorhexidine-containing semi-solids for topical application to the oropharynxD S Jones
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Group, School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Pharm Res 15:1131-6. 1998..This study examined the viscoelastic properties of bioadhesive, chlorhexidine-containing semi-solid formulations, designed for topical application to the oropharynx...
- Effect of p53 gene transfection on vascular endothelial growth factor expression in endometrial cancer cellsT Fujisawa
Department of Clinical Cytology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kitasato University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Exp Mol Pathol 74:276-81. 2003..and the effect of p53 gene transfection on VEGF expression in the p53-mutated endometrial carcinoma cell line, HEC-50B. Immunoblotting for detecting VEGF, p53, and beta-actin was performed...
- Phorbol ester causes down-regulation of CD11/CD18-independent neutrophil adherence to endotheliumA Dobrina
Institute of General Pathology, University of Trieste, Italy
Immunology 69:429-34. 1990..tumour necrosis factor (TNF)- or lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-pretreated human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HEC) by CD11/CD18-dependent and independent mechanisms...
- [Effect of signal transduction inhibitors on human endometrial carcinoma cells with differential PTEN gene expression]Lan Xiao
Department of Gynecology, Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:681-5. 2009..To investigate the apoptotic and proliferation effects of signal transduction inhibitors on human endometrial carcinoma cells with different PTEN gene expression...
- Triptolide induces apoptosis in endometrial cancer via a p53‑independent mitochondrial pathwayXiao Fei Wang
Changzhou Maternal and Child Health Care Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Changzhou 213003, P R China
Mol Med Rep 9:39-44. 2014..In the present study, we investigated the antitumor effect of TP in human endometrial cancer cells (HEC-1B) and elucidated its possible underlying mechanisms...
- Association of depressive symptoms with recurrent falls: a cross-sectional elderly population based study and a systematic reviewC Launay
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Angers University Hospital, Angers, France
J Nutr Health Aging 17:152-7. 2013..The association between abnormal 4-item GDS score and recurrent falls has not yet been examined. In addition, while depressive symptoms-related gait instability is well known, the association with recurrent falls has been few studied...
- Regulatory mechanisms of kinetochore-microtubule interaction in mitosisKozo Tanaka
Department of Molecular Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 980 8575, Miyagi, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:559-79. 2013..Emerging evidence suggests that the KNL1-Mis12-Ndc80 (KMN) network plays a central role in connecting kinetochores to microtubules, which is under fine regulation by a ..
- An integrated inundation model for highly developed urban areasA S Chen
National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction, Taipei, Chinese Taiwan 106
Water Sci Technol 51:221-9. 2005..The model integrates the HEC-1 model, a 1-D dynamic channel-flow model, a 2-D non-inertia overland-flow model and the SWMM model to reflect the ..
- Specificity of mutations in the PMS2-deficient human tumor cell line HEC-1-AT Kato
Radiation Biology Center, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606, Japan
Mutat Res 422:279-83. 1998..determined at the hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (hprt) locus in the human uterine tumor cell line HEC-1-A which is defective in the mismatch repair gene hPMS2...
- Kinetochore-Microtubule InteractionsJOHN RICHARD MCINTOSH; Fiscal Year: 2012..microtubule- binding proteins, like the Dam1 complex (aka DASH) from budding yeasts, and fibrous complexes, like NDC80 (Hec1) from C. elegans, yeasts, and human cells...
- SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE MICROTUBULE CYTOSKELETONGeorjana Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2013..with the central kinetochore, or about emergent properties that result when separate subcomplexes like Dam1 and Ndc80 are together in kinetochores...
- Cervical/Vaginal Mucus and MicrobicidesThomas Hope; Fiscal Year: 2012..in semen alone and mixed with mucus and/or microbicide vehicles such as carbopol gel and hydroxy ethyl cellulose (HEC)...
- Cervical/Vaginal Mucus and MicrobicidesThomas Hope; Fiscal Year: 2013..in semen alone and mixed with mucus and/or microbicide vehicles such as carbopol gel and hydroxy ethyl cellulose (HEC)...
- Role of the Ndc80 Loop Domain and Cdt1 in Kinetochore Microtubule AttachmentsDileep Varma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, it was demonstrated that the Ndc80 complex recruits Cdt1 to kinetochores through a unique loop domain which was also found to be important for kMT ..
- Formin mDia Functions in MitosisYinghui Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013..of mDia3, along with EB1 and APC, to the microtubule lattice influences the microtubule binding affinity of the Ndc80 complex, which has been implicated as a core microtubule binding force at the kinetochore...
- Kinetochore Function in Vertebrate CellsJennifer G DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2013..The kinetochore-associated NDC80 complex is required for generating stable kinetochore-MT attachments in eukaryotic cells, but how this complex ..
- CELL AND TUMOR GENETICS OF MITOTIC ARREST CHECKPOINTSPETER KARL SORGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..recruiting Mad and Bub proteins to kinetochores will be studied, with particular emphasis on the members of the Ndc80 complex (4) Bub1, a kinase with dual functions in checkpoint control and chromosome-microtubule attachment will be ..
- Architecture-function analysis of the kinetochore motorAjit Joglekar; Fiscal Year: 2013..protein assemblies to determine the necessary and sufficient architectural features of a key kinetochore protein, Ndc80, for reconstituting its distribution and function observed in vivo...
- Mechanisms of "End On" Microtubule Attachment by the KinetochoreP Todd Stukenberg; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will dissect the role of a microtubule binding activity on the Ndc80/Hec1 subunit of the Ndc80 complex, which is proposed to be an important microtubule interface...
- Lymphotoxin: Regulation and Biologic FunctionNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..HEVs in lymphangiogenesis mice that express green fluorescent protein under the regulation of a HEV unique gene, HEC-6ST, and mice to be developed that express red fluorescent protein under the regulation of a LV gene, Prox-1, will ..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Tai Chi Chih Among Elderly Breast Cancer SurvivorsAnita Y Kinney; Fiscal Year: 2010..As part of this 15-week trial, participants will be randomized to a TCC or a health education control group (HEC)...
- Regulation of the kinetochore-microtuble interfaceWalter Gall; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies show that Ipl1 phosphorylates the highly conserved outer kinetochore component Ndc80 (human Hec1 ortholog) and a MT-associated protein Dam1 (no known human ortholog)...
- LYMPHOTOXIN AND LYMPHOID NEOGENESISNancy H Ruddle; Fiscal Year: 2010..The mature HEV phenotype, characterized by expression of PNAd, LTbR, and a HEV suIfotransferase (HEC-6ST) depends on signaling through the LTbR in normal and HEC6ST- lacZ mice...
- ANGIOTENSIN ANALOGS TO TREAT WOUND HEALINGKathleen E Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a Phase II SBIR grant, US Biotest developed USB001 (NorLeu3-A(1-7) in 2% HEC and preservatives), an angiotensin peptide formulation appropriate for clinical study...
- Kinetochore Specification and FunctionArshad Desai; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ubiquitously conserved KNL-1/Mis12 complex/Ndc80 complex (KMN) protein network is proposed to play a central role at the kinetochore-microtubule interface...
- Non-Canonical NF-kappaB Signaling In Endothelial CellsMichael J May; Fiscal Year: 2010..feature of these TLOs is the distinct phenotype of the endothelium that resembles the high endothelial cells (HEC) in normal secondary lymph nodes...
- Phosphorothioate Oligonucleotides as Microbicides against HIV TransmissionPeter D Katsikis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, we show that PDB is active when formulated in hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) gel at pH 4.4, survives pH transition to a neutral pH, and in retains its activity in HEC for long periods...
- Behavioral Exercise Intervention for Smoking CessationAna M Abrantes; Fiscal Year: 2010..MlBE) AND 12-week smoking cessation including transdermal nicotine patch or 2) 12-week health education control (HEC) AND 12-week smoking cessation including transdermal nicotine patch...
- Aerobic Exercise for Smokers with Depressive SymptomatologyAna M Abrantes; Fiscal Year: 2013..a 12- session, health education comparison (HEC) condition. Both conditions will be equated for therapist and participant contact time...
- Extension Family Lifestyle Intervention Project (FLIP for Kids)David M Janicke; Fiscal Year: 2013..their parent(s) will be randomly assigned to a Parent-Only (PO), Family-Based (FB), or a Health Education Control (HEC) intervention...
- Hec1 network as molecular therapeutic targetsWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over the past decade, Hec1 (Highly Expressed in Cancer 1), originally discovered by us in 1997, has been increasingly recognized as a key ..
- Advanced Optical Methods in Cell BiologyRudolf Oldenbourg; Fiscal Year: 2012..and release are important to all eukaryotic cells;for the latter, initial work will be done using yeast GFP tagged Ndc80, a ubiquitous kinetochore protein...
- Testing the Efficacy of an Exercise Intervention for Patients with OCDAna M Abrantes; Fiscal Year: 2013..to receive either a 12-week moderate intensity aerobic exercise (AE) intervention or a health education control (HEC) comparison intervention...
- High End Computing Resource for Large Memory Data-intensive Biomedical ApplicatioDarrin M York; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The procurement of a high end computer (HEC) resource is proposed to meet demands of a broad range of 33 research groups at the University of Minnesota that are supported by 91 currently funded NIH ..
- BIOLOGY & BIOCHEMISTRY OF MEMBRANE INTERLEUKIN 1Evelyn Kurt Jones; Fiscal Year: 1992..addresses basic questions about the biology and biochemistry of membrane IL-1 using human endothelial cells (HEC) as the prototypical membrane IL-1 producing cells...
- Low birth weight, uterine infection, and nitric oxideChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 will characterize NO production, NO synthase (NOS) enzymes in uterine epithelial cell lines, Ishikawa, RL-95 and HEC-1 cells Sub-aim 1...
- SITE AND MECHANISM OF ACTION OF A HEPATOTOXIC PEPTIDETHOMAS FOXALL; Fiscal Year: 1990..Isolated hepatic endothelial cells (HEC) and hepatic parenchymal cells (HPC) will be prepared by liver perfusion with collagenase and subsequent density-..
- Improved Macaque Safety Model for Topical Microbicides: Post-coital AssessmentsDorothy L Patton; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, we will collect parallel assessments, when mating has occurred with a placebo gel (HEC universal placebo) in place...
- MOLECULAR SIGNALS IN MONOCYTE RECRUITMENTRobert Gerszten; Fiscal Year: 2000..transduction perturbs endothelial biology very little in vitro, and the transduction of human endothelial cells (HEC) to express functional VCAM-1 has been completed...
- RETINOID/RETINOID RECEPTOR IN ESOPHAGEAL CANCER RESPONSXiaochun Xu; Fiscal Year: 2002..important role in esophageal carcinogenesis and that restoration of this receptor may enhance retinoid actions on HEC cells. The hypothesis will be tested by using both cultured HEC cells and tissue specimens...
- EXTENSION OF ABAN AYA YOUTH PROJECTBrian Flay; Fiscal Year: 2002..SDC), an intensive School/Community Program (S/CP), or a control condition (a Health Enhancement Curriculum [HEC]). The SDC includes information on the risks of the targeted behaviors, decision-making...
- LYMPHOTOXIN: REGULATION AND BIOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCENANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2006..of lymphoid chemokines in pit mice and in the generation of the L-selectin ligand by the HEV sulfotransferase, HEC-GlcNAc6ST: and molecular characterization of HEV sulfotransferase regulation...
- IMMUNOLOGY AND LIVER METASTASESMark Roh; Fiscal Year: 1993..The specific aims are; 1. Determining the mechanism(s) of Kupffer cell (KC) and hepatic endothelial cell (HEC) tumor cytotoxicity. 2...
- Role of Nuf2 in Kinetochore FunctionJennifer DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Conference: Molecular Mechanism of Leukocyte TraffickingSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The resulting interactions are likely to stimulate new approaches to the critical remaining problems in trafficking research. ..
- Role of Heparan Sulfate-Degrading Sulfatases in Pancreatic AdenocarcinomasSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009..As the molecular machinery of normal lymphocyte homing is elucidated, new targets for anti-inflammatory therapeutics are likely to emerge. ..
- Chemokine Blockade to Preserve Lung DevelopmentRichard Auten; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 3 will determine whether blockade of leukocyte function can safely preserve normal alveolar development during recovery from severe oxidant stress. ..
- Role of Immunization Site in Eliciting Mucosal ImmunityPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Sleep Disturbances in People with Cancer and CaregiversAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROBIOLOGICAL FACTORS IN ADOLESCENT ALCOHOL DRINKINGWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such information could be helpful in developing useful strategies for combating the major problem of adolescent alcohol drinking. ..
- Involvement of Aldehydes in Alcohol AddictionWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such results could provide valuable information on novel mechanisms underlying the addictive properties of alcohol and would provide a firm scientific foundation for future neurobiological studies. ..
- IMPACT OF CO-RECEPTOR AND HIV VIRAL BURDEN ON GUT MUCOSAPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be done by looking for decreased mucosal viral burden and evidence of immune reconstitution after therapeutic intervention. ..
- In Vitro Cancer Prevention Biomarker DevelopmentEugene Elmore; Fiscal Year: 2004We have developed and applied an in vitro assay (The Human Epidermal Cell (HEC) Assay) to screen candidate chemopreventive agents for efficacy (Elmore et al., 1999, Elmore et al., 2000)...
- Safety and Efficacy of C31G for Ocular InfectionsRichard Bax; Fiscal Year: 2003..Upon achievement of these specific aims, the lead formulation will be advanced through preclinical FDA required studies via a Phase II SBIR. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MITOTIC SPINDLE ASSEMBLY AND FUNCTIONEDWARD SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we will analyze how MT dynamics may be involved in the regulation of cytokinesis. ..
- Internet Use and HIV Risk among Men in NYCAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCRIPTOME OF METASTATIC PROSTATE CANCERGennadi Glinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Subsequently the expression profile of these protein products will be studied in human prostate tumor samples by immunofluorescence analysis and immunohistochemistry to better correlate gene expression changes with phenotype. ..
- VIRULENCE FACTORS OF CHLAMYDIAEPRISCILLA WYRICK; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Involvement of Aldehydes in Alcohol AddictionWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the contribution of ACD and THIQs to high alcohol drinking could lead to the development of novel pharmaco-therapies for the treatment of alcoholism and alcohol abuse ..
- Neurobiology of high alcohol-seeking behaviorWILLIAM JOSEPH MCBRIDE; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Trichomonas Lipophosphoglycan in Regulation Immune ResponsesRaina Fichorova; Fiscal Year: 2008..vaginalis infections and complications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Progesterone Receptor Action in EndometriosisJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will increase the understanding of progesterone resistance in endometriosis as well as investigate the use of targeted biological agents as an alternate treatment for endometriosis. ..
- Nuclear envelope membrane proteins and nuclear structureMegan King; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FLUORESCENT SPECKLE MICROSCOPYEDWARD SALMON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Experience gained in the course of these studies will be used to direct and refine hardware and software development. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Peer Intervention as Pedagogic Paradigm in Kinshasa SPHFrieda Behets; Fiscal Year: 2006..Main outcome measures will be self reported sexual risk behaviors and STI/HIV incidence. The work will inform HIV prevention policy and strengthen research and training at KSPH ..
- Topical Microbicide AcceptabilityAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Fatigue & Breast Cancer-A Behavioral Sleep InterventionAnn Berger; Fiscal Year: 2006..Statistical analyses include RM-ANOVA, generalized estimation equation methodology and multiple regression analysis. Results may inform development of clinical guidelines for fatigue management during adjuvant CT. ..
- Predictors of HIV Risk Behavior Among Men in ArgentinaAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is a fundamental step prior to designing programs that mitigate those factors and result in decreased risk. ..