Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NDC80
Description: NDC80 kinetochore complex component
Alias: HEC, HEC1, HsHec1, KNTC2, TID3, hsNDC80, NDC80 homolog, kinetochore complex component, NDC80 kinetochore complex component homolog, highly expressed in cancer protein, highly expressed in cancer, rich in leucine heptad repeats, kinetochore associated 2, kinetochore protein Hec1, kinetochore protein NDC80 homolog, kinetochore-associated protein 2, retinoblastoma-associated protein HEC
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Delayed nausea and vomiting continue to reduce patients' quality of life after highly and moderately emetogenic chemotherapy despite antiemetic treatmentBrigitte Bloechl-Daum
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 24:4472-8. 2006..the impact of acute (during the first 24 hours postchemotherapy) and delayed (days 2 through 5 postchemotherapy) CINV on patients' quality of life (QoL) after highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC and MEC, respectively).
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of aprepitant in the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in BelgiumLieven Annemans
Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, 9000, Gent, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 16:905-15. 2008..response (no emesis and no rescue therapy) compared to standard prevention, in patients receiving either highly (HEC) or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC; absolute reduction = 11 and 13%, respectively)...
- Protein kinase C alpha (PKCalpha) regulates growth and invasion of endometrial cancer cellsJames M Haughian
Division of Basic Reproductive Science, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Cell Physiol 220:112-8. 2009..PKCalpha levels were increased in type II HEC-50, HEC-1-A and HEC-1-B cell lines relative to the type I Ishikawa and RL-95-2 lines...
- Semi-solid gels function as physical barriers to human immunodeficiency virus transport in vitroBonnie E Lai
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Antiviral Res 88:143-51. 2010..Two gels used as placebos in microbicides clinical trials, hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) and methylcellulose (MC), were found to hinder HIV transport in vitro...
- Vaginal microbicide gel for delivery of IQP-0528, a pyrimidinedione analog with a dual mechanism of action against HIV-1Alamelu Mahalingam
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, 20 S 2030 E, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1650-60. 2011..Here, we report the development of two vaginal gels--3.0% hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) formulation and a 0.65% Carbopol formulation--for the sustained delivery of IQP-0528...
- The Ndc80 kinetochore complex forms oligomeric arrays along microtubulesGregory M Alushin
Biophysics Graduate Group, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 467:805-10. 2010The Ndc80 complex is a key site of regulated kinetochore-microtubule attachment (a process required for cell division), but the molecular mechanism underlying its function remains unknown...
- Microarray analysis identifies a death-from-cancer signature predicting therapy failure in patients with multiple types of cancerGennadi V Glinsky
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1503-21. 2005....
- Inner centromere formation requires hMis14, a trident kinetochore protein that specifically recruits HP1 to human chromosomesTomomi Kiyomitsu
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology Research Program, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 188:791-807. 2010..hMis14, which contains a tripartite-binding domain for HP1 and two other kinetochore proteins, hMis13 and blinkin, is a cornerstone for the assembly of the inner centromere and kinetochore...
- Kinetochore microtubule dynamics and attachment stability are regulated by Hec1Jennifer G DeLuca
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cell 127:969-82. 2006..We report here that Ndc80/Hec1 functions in regulating kinetochore microtubule plus-end dynamics and attachment stability...
- Hec1 contributes to mitotic centrosomal microtubule growth for proper spindle assembly through interaction with Hice1Guikai Wu
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:4686-95. 2009Previous studies have stipulated Hec1 as a conserved kinetochore component critical for mitotic control in part by directly binding to kinetochore fibers of the mitotic spindle and by recruiting spindle assembly checkpoint proteins Mad1 ..
- Timely anaphase onset requires a novel spindle and kinetochore complex comprising Ska1 and Ska2Anja Hanisch
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
EMBO J 25:5504-15. 2006..These data suggest that the Ska1/2 complex plays a critical role in the maintenance of the metaphase plate and/or spindle checkpoint silencing...
- Nuf2 and Hec1 are required for retention of the checkpoint proteins Mad1 and Mad2 to kinetochoresJennifer G DeLuca
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Curr Biol 13:2103-9. 2003Members of the Ndc80/Nuf2 complex have been shown in several systems to be important in formation of stable kinetochore-microtubule attachments and chromosome alignment in mitosis...
- Role of Hec1 in spindle checkpoint signaling and kinetochore recruitment of Mad1/Mad2Silvia Martin-Lluesma
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Science 297:2267-70. 2002..We showed that the human protein Hec1 was required for the recruitment of Mps1 kinase and Mad1/Mad2 complexes to kinetochores...
- Expression of the kinetochore protein Hec1 during the cell cycle in normal and cancer cells and its regulation by the pRb pathwayChiara Ferretti
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, CNR, Rome, Italy
Cell Cycle 9:4174-82. 2010b>Highly Expressed in Cancer protein 1 (Hec1) is a subunit of the Ndc80 complex, a constituent of the mitotic kinetochore...
- The Ndc80/HEC1 complex is a contact point for kinetochore-microtubule attachmentRonnie R Wei
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:54-9. 2007..Kinetochores are multicomponent assemblies that connect chromosomal centromeres to mitotic-spindle microtubules. The Ndc80 complex is an essential core element of kinetochores, conserved from yeast to humans...
- Abnormal kinetochore-generated pulling forces from expressing a N-terminally modified Hec1Marta Mattiuzzo
Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, National Research Council of Italy, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16307. 2011b>Highly Expressed in Cancer protein 1 (Hec1) is a constituent of the Ndc80 complex, a kinetochore component that has been shown to have a fundamental role in stable kinetochore-microtubule attachment, chromosome alignment and spindle ..
- Orientation and structure of the Ndc80 complex on the microtubule latticeElizabeth M Wilson-Kubalek
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 182:1055-61. 2008The four-subunit Ndc80 complex, comprised of Ndc80/Nuf2 and Spc24/Spc25 dimers, directly connects kinetochores to spindle microtubules...
- siRNA-mediated knockdown against CDCA1 and KNTC2, both frequently overexpressed in colorectal and gastric cancers, suppresses cell proliferation and induces apoptosisNaoyuki Kaneko
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:1235-40. 2009b>Ndc80 has been shown to play an important role in stable microtubule-kinetochore attachment, chromosome alignment, and spindle checkpoint activation in mitosis. It is composed of two heterodimers, CDCA1-KNTC2 and SPC24-SPC25...
- Architecture of the human ndc80-hec1 complex, a critical constituent of the outer kinetochoreClaudio Ciferri
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:29088-95. 2005The Ndc80 complex is a constituent of the outer plate of the kinetochore and plays a critical role in establishing the stable kinetochore-microtubule interactions required for chromosome segregation in mitosis...
- Hec1 sequentially recruits Zwint-1 and ZW10 to kinetochores for faithful chromosome segregation and spindle checkpoint controlY T Lin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4037, USA
Oncogene 25:6901-14. 2006..Previously, we discovered a novel coiled-coil protein, highly expressed in cancer 1 (Hec1), which is indispensable for this process. However, the precise underlying mechanism remains unclear...
- Polo-like kinase 1 creates the tension-sensing 3F3/2 phosphoepitope and modulates the association of spindle-checkpoint proteins at kinetochoresLeena J Ahonen
Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Curr Biol 15:1078-89. 2005..Determining the kinase that generates the 3F3/2 phosphoepitope at kinetochores should reveal an important component of this system that regulates mitotic progression...
- ZW10 links mitotic checkpoint signaling to the structural kinetochoreGeert J P L Kops
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Cell Biol 169:49-60. 2005..ZW10 partner, Zwint-1, is part of a separate complex of structural kinetochore components including Mis12 and Ndc80-Hec1. Zwint-1 is critical for recruiting ZW10 to unattached kinetochores...
- Implications for kinetochore-microtubule attachment from the structure of an engineered Ndc80 complexClaudio Ciferri
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Adamello 16, I 20139 Milan, Italy
Cell 133:427-39. 2008..The 180 kDa Ndc80 complex is a direct point of contact between kinetochores and microtubules...
- Timing and checkpoints in the regulation of mitotic progressionPatrick Meraldi
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Dev Cell 7:45-60. 2004..We propose that cytosolic Mad2-BubR1 is essential to restrain anaphase onset early in mitosis when kinetochores are still assembling...
- A conserved Mis12 centromere complex is linked to heterochromatic HP1 and outer kinetochore protein Zwint-1Chikashi Obuse
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:1135-41. 2004..Nine polypeptides bind to human hMis12; two of these, HEC1 and Zwint-1, are authentic kinetochore proteins...
- A conserved protein network controls assembly of the outer kinetochore and its ability to sustain tensionIain M Cheeseman
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 18:2255-68. 2004..Thus, this protein network is a conserved constituent of the outer kinetochore, and the functions defined by our analysis in C. elegans are likely to be widely relevant...
- The retinoblastoma protein associates with the protein phosphatase type 1 catalytic subunitT Durfee
Center for Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78245
Genes Dev 7:555-69. 1993..Cell cycle synchrony experiments revealed that this association occurs from mitosis to early G1. The implications of these findings on the regulation of both proteins are discussed...
- Identification of two novel components of the human NDC80 kinetochore complexRajnish Bharadwaj
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 279:13076-85. 2004..Components of the conserved NDC80 complex are required for chromosome congression, and their disruption results in mitotic arrest accompanied by ..
- HEC, a novel nuclear protein rich in leucine heptad repeats specifically involved in mitosisY Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78245, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6049-56. 1997The protein encoded by the human gene HEC (highly expressed in cancer) contains 642 amino acids and a long series of leucine heptad repeats at its C-terminal region...
- An apocrine membrane antigen with polarized distribution and hormonally regulated expression in human endometrial and mammary carcinoma cell linesL M Forsman
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand A 95:315-23. 1987..of an apocrine epithelial differentiation antigen (AEA) were studied in one endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line (HEC-1-B) and two mammary carcinoma cell lines (MCF-7 and T47-D), using an antiserum raised against glycoproteins which ..
- Gene amplification and expression of the steroid receptor coactivator SRC3 (AIB1) in sporadic breast and endometrial carcinomasM Glaeser
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Heinrich-Heine-University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 33:121-6. 2001..breast carcinomas, 30 endometrial carcinomas and different cell lines (MCF7, HeLa, Ishikawa, T47D, BT-20, SK-BR-3, HEC-1a, RL 95-2, OVCAR3 and A-431)...
- Quantitative studies on the adsorption of proteins to the bare silica wall in capillary electrophoresis. II. Effects of adsorbed, neutral polymers on quenching the interactionB Verzola
University of Verona, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, Italy
J Chromatogr A 874:293-303. 2000..of proteins with the silica wall: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC, Mr = 1000000), hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, Mr = 27000), poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA, Mr = 49000) and short-chain poly(dimethylacrylamide) [poly(DMA)] (average ..
- Molecular analysis of core kinetochore composition and assembly in Drosophila melanogasterMarcin R Przewloka
Cancer Research UK, Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e478. 2007..Although Drosophila is a classical model organism for studies of chromosome segregation, little is known about the organization of its kinetochores...
- Towards elucidation of the drug release mechanism from compressed hydrophilic matrices made of cellulose ethers. I. Pulse-field-gradient spin-echo NMR study of sodium salicylate diffusivity in swollen hydrogels with respect to polymer matrix physical struCarmen Ferrero
Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Quai Ernest Ansermet 30, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Control Release 128:71-9. 2008..and, incidentally, that of water, in hydrogels made of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) and hydroxypropylcellulose (HPC) of varying polymer weight fraction and molecular weight in D2O...
- Capillary electrophoresis of DNA in uncross-linked polymer solutionsA E Barron
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley 94720
J Chromatogr A 652:3-16. 1993We have used dilute and semi-dilute uncross-linked hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) solutions as separation matrices for capillary electrophoresis of DNA restriction fragments...
- [Health care ethics committees in German university clinics. A survey of all medical directors and directors of nursing]J Vollmann
Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1237-42. 2004Health Care Ethics Committees (HEC) are new ways of implementing clinical ethics in hospitals and nursing homes. In the US all health care institutions must provide some structure to handle ethical conflicts in everyday patients' care...
- Quantitation of protein binding to the capillary wall in acidic, isoelectric buffers and means for minimizing the phenomenonE Olivier
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnology, University of Verona, Italy
J Chromatogr A 894:273-80. 2000..7 in 7 M urea). Three potential quenchers of such interactions have been tested: hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC; number average molecular mass, Mr 27,000), TEPA (tetraethylenepentamine) and a novel, quatemarized piperazine [N(..
- Kinetochore attachments require an interaction between unstructured tails on microtubules and Ndc80(Hec1)Stephanie A Miller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 18:1785-91. 2008..Kinetochores are unable to bind microtubules after any of the four subunits of the Ndc80 complex are knocked down [2, 4]; however, because the Ndc80 complex has important structural roles [1-3], it is ..
- The highly conserved Ndc80 complex is required for kinetochore assembly, chromosome congression, and spindle checkpoint activityMark L McCleland
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Genes Dev 17:101-14. 2003We show that the Xenopus homologs of Ndc80/Tid3/HEC1 (xNdc80) and Nuf2/MPP1/Him-10 (xNuf2) proteins physically interact in a 190-kD complex that associates with the outer kinetochore from prometaphase through anaphase...
- Efficacy and safety of casopitant mesylate, a neurokinin 1 (NK1)-receptor antagonist, in prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cisplatin-based highly emetogenic chemotherapy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-contrSteven M Grunberg
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Lancet Oncol 10:549-58. 2009..and vomiting (CINV) remains a clinical management problem after treatment with highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC)...
- Ethicians, ethicists and the goals of clinical ethics consultationFrederick Adolf Paola
Health Professions Division, Nova Southeastern University, 2655 Northbrooke Drive, Naples, FL 34119, USA
Intern Emerg Med 1:5-14. 2006..In pursuing these ends, healthcare ethics consultation (HEC) and CEC services confront three broad categories of questions: (1) questions of professional duty; (2) questions ..
- Low incidence of enterocolitis and colonic mucosal inflammation in Norwegian patients with Hirschsprung's diseaseYasser Rehman
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Pediatr Surg Int 25:133-8. 2009..Further, the etiology of Hirschsprung-associated enterocolitis (HEC) is unclear...
- Transbuccal permeation, anti-inflammatory activity and clinical efficacy of piroxicam formulated in different gelsM A Attia
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Int J Pharm 276:11-28. 2004..5%) >or= sodium alginate (Na alg., 7%) > methylcellulose (MC, 3%) > hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, 1.5%) > carbopol 934 (Carb...
- The Ndc80 complex uses a tripartite attachment point to couple microtubule depolymerization to chromosome movementJohn G Tooley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:1217-26. 2011In kinetochores, the Ndc80 complex couples the energy in a depolymerizing microtubule to perform the work of moving chromosomes...
- Invasion of human mucosal epithelial cells by Neisseria gonorrhoeae upregulates expression of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1)G A Jarvis
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Infect Immun 67:1149-56. 1999..invasive strain FA1090 and the poorly invasive strain MS11 were incubated with human endometrial adenocarcinoma (HEC-1-B) or human cervical carcinoma (ME-180) epithelial cells, after which ICAM-1 expression was measured by flow ..
- Kinetochore-microtubule attachment relies on the disordered N-terminal tail domain of Hec1Geoffrey J Guimaraes
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1870, USA
Curr Biol 18:1778-84. 2008..The Ndc80 complex is essential for persistent end-on kinetochore-microtubule attachment in cells [1, 2], but how the Ndc80 ..
- Multiple mechanisms of chromosome movement in vertebrate cells mediated through the Ndc80 complex and dynein/dynactinValeriya V Vorozhko
Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th St, MS 48, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Chromosoma 117:169-79. 2008..chromosomes, we found microtubule nucleation/binding depended additively on both dynein/dynactin and on the Ndc80/Hec1 complex...
- Temporal changes in Hec1 phosphorylation control kinetochore-microtubule attachment stability during mitosisKeith F Deluca
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Cell Sci 124:622-34. 2011..Here, we identify multiple serine residues within the N-terminus of the kinetochore protein Hec1 that are phosphorylated in an Aurora-B-kinase-dependent manner during mitosis...
- The Ndc80 kinetochore complex forms load-bearing attachments to dynamic microtubule tips via biased diffusionAndrew F Powers
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Cell 136:865-75. 2009..Genetic, biochemical, and structural studies implicate the Ndc80 complex as a direct point of contact between kinetochores and microtubules, but these approaches provide only a ..
- A survey of Louisiana hospital ethics committeesThomas P Gonsoulin
Tulane Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Laryngoscope 119:330-40. 2009..To obtain a picture of hospital ethics committees (HECs) in the State of Louisiana. Compare results to other published studies. Gauge interest and participation in HECs by otolaryngologists...
- Effect of acute hyperglycemia and/or hyperinsulinemia on polymorphonuclear functions in healthy subjectsVladimira Fejfarova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague 140 21, Czech Republic
Metabolism 55:811-8. 2006..by three 4-hour-long clamp studies-hyperglycemic hyperinsulinemic clamp (HHC), hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp (HEC), and isolated hyperglycemic clamp with insulin secretion blockade (HGC)...
- Correlation of in vitro chemopreventive efficacy data from the human epidermal cell assay with animal efficacy data and clinical trial plasma levelsEugene Elmore
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:571-88. 2005The human epidermal cell (HEC) assay, which uses carcinogen exposed normal skin keratinocytes to screen for cancer prevention efficacy, was used to screen possible preventive agents...
- HER-2 amplification and topoisomerase IIalpha gene aberrations as predictive markers in node-positive breast cancer patients randomly treated either with an anthracycline-based therapy or with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and 5-fluorouracilAngelo Di Leo
Translational Research Unit, Jules Bordet Institute Brussels, 1000, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 8:1107-16. 2002..The purpose of this study is to evaluate HER-2 and topoisomerase IIalpha (topo IIalpha) as candidates for predicting the activity of anthracyclines in the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer patients...
- [Effects and mechanisms of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine on endometrial cancer cell.]Yu Quan Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong 226000, China Email
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:861-4. 2009..To investigate the effects and mechanisms of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine (5-Aza-CdR) on endometrial cancer cell...
- Linking binge alcohol-induced neurodamage to brain edema and potential aquaporin-4 upregulation: evidence in rat organotypic brain slice cultures and in vivoKumar Sripathirathan
CoMentis Inc, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:261-73. 2009Brain edema and derived oxidative stress potentially are critical events in the hippocampal-entorhinal cortical (HEC) neurodegeneration caused by binge alcohol (ethanol) intoxication and withdrawal in adult rats...
- The impact of urea on viscosity of hydroxethyl cellulose and observed mobility of deoxyribonucleic acidsO Otim
Beckman Institute 139 74, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Biopolymers 58:329-34. 2001The influence of urea on the viscosity of hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC), and the state and separation of double-stranded DNA, was studied by viscometry, fluorometry, and capillary electrophoresis...
- Mechanisms of eosinophil adherence to cultured vascular endothelial cells. Eosinophils bind to the cytokine-induced ligand vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 via the very late activation antigen-4 integrin receptorA Dobrina
Institute of General Pathology, University of Trieste, Italy
J Clin Invest 88:20-6. 1991..in the adherence of normal peripheral blood eosinophils to cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HEC) under three conditions: (a) adherence in the absence of treatment of HEC or eosinophils with activating agents (..
- Design, characterisation and preliminary clinical evaluation of a novel mucoadhesive topical formulation containing tetracycline for the treatment of periodontal diseaseD S Jones
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97, Lisburn Road, BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
J Control Release 67:357-68. 2000..and preliminary clinical evaluation of mucoadhesive, semi-solid formulations containing hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC, 1-5%, w/w), polyvinylpyrrolidine (PVP, 2 or 3%, w/w), polycarbophil (PC, 1 or 3%, w/w) and tetracycline (5%, w/w, ..
- Primary chemoprevention of endometrial hyperplasia with the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist rosiglitazone in the PTEN heterozygote murine modelW Wu
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:329-38. 2008..b>Hec-1-A (PTEN wild type) and Ishikawa (PTEN null) cells were treated with rosiglitazone...
- A pilot study on hyperinsulinaemic euglycaemic clamp based insulin sensitivity in young adult Indian males with low body mass indexGajalakshmi Ramakrishnan
Department of Physiology, St John s Medical College and Research Institute Bangalore, India
Indian J Med Res 129:409-17. 2009..This study thus used the hyperinsulinaemic euglycaemic clamp (HEC) technique to compare IS in young normal weight (NW) and low BMI (LBMI) Indian males...
- Liposomal drugs dispersed in hydrogels. Effect of liposome, drug and gel properties on drug release kineticsSpyridon Mourtas
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, University of Patras, 26510 Rio, Greece
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 55:212-21. 2007..5 or 2% (w/w)], hydroxylethyl-cellulose (HEC) [4% (w/w)], or a mixture of the two), and release of calcein or GRF was followed by fluorescence or photometric ..
- [Foundation of a Health Care Ethics Committee (HEC) in a nonconfessional hospital. Initial experiences and prospects of the future]Norbert Scheffold
Medizinische Klinik I, SLK Kliniken Heilbronn GmbH, Klinikum am Gesundbrunnen, Heilbronn
Med Klin (Munich) 101:584-9. 2006..In this study, the authors report of the implementation of an HEC at the SLK Hospital Heilbronn, Germany, and discuss the further development within the first 2 years.
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents of affluent schools in KarachiSina Aziz
Sarwar Zuberi Liver Centre, Medical Unit 5, Civil Hospital Karachi, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 59:35-8. 2009..To estimate the prevalence of overweight and obesity among children and adolescents of affluent schools of Karachi...
- Chloroacetaldehyde-induced mutagenesis in Escherichia coli: the role of AlkB protein in repair of 3,N(4)-ethenocytosine and 3,N(4)-alpha-hydroxyethanocytosineAgnieszka M Maciejewska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 02 106 Warsaw, 5A Pawińskiego Str, Poland
Mutat Res 684:24-34. 2010..Formation of varepsilonC proceeds via a relatively stable intermediate, 3,N(4)-alpha-hydroxyethanocytosine (HEC), which allowed to compare repair of both adducts...
- Estrogen formation in endometrial and cervix cancer cell lines: involvement of aromatase, steroid sulfatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (types 1, 5, 7 and 12)Michelle Audrey Fournier
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Medicinal Chemistry Division, CHUQ CHUL Research Center and Université Laval, Quebec, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 301:142-5. 2009..17beta-HSDs) in the production of estrogens was determined in four cell lines of endometrial cancer (Ishikawa, HEC-1A, HEC-1B and RL-95) and one cell line of cervix cancer (Hela) in culture...
- Novel chondroitin sulfate-modified ligands for L-selectin on lymph node high endothelial venulesC J Derry
Division of Cellular Immunology, National Institute for Medical Research, London, GB
Eur J Immunol 29:419-30. 1999..High endothelial cells (HEC) cultured from rat lymph node HEV were shown to express ligands for L-selectin...
- A bipartite signal mediates the transfer of type IV secretion substrates of Bartonella henselae into human cellsRalf Schulein
Division of Molecular Microbiology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:856-61. 2005..VirB of the vascular tumor-inducing pathogen Bartonella henselae causes subversion of human endothelial cell (HEC) function...
- Ethical reasoning about patient eligibility in allogeneic BMT based on psychosocial criteriaL W Foster
School of Social Work, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH 44115 2214, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:607-12. 2009..A self-administered questionnaire was sent to 62 HEC chairpersons at hospitals with an accredited BMT program; the response rate was 37%...
- Cytokine-induced beta-galactoside alpha-2,6-sialyltransferase in human endothelial cells mediates alpha 2,6-sialylation of adhesion molecules and CD22 ligandsK Hanasaki
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Biol Chem 269:10637-43. 1994..Here we show that treatment of cultured human endothelial cells (HEC) with TNF-alpha, interleukin-1, or lipopolysaccharide causes increased expression of the enzyme beta-galactoside ..
- Phase III trial comparing two dose levels of epirubicin combined with cyclophosphamide with cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil in node-positive breast cancerM J Piccart
Jules Bordet Institute, Belgian and Luxembourg Cooperative Centers, and Pharmacia Upjohn, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:3103-10. 2001To compare a full-dose epirubicin-cyclophosphamide (HEC) regimen with classical cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil (CMF) therapy and with a moderate-dose epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimen (EC) in the adjuvant therapy of ..
- In vitro sensitivity of human endometrial cancer cell lines to paclitaxel or irinotecan (CPT-11) in combination with other aniticancer drugsH P Hiramatsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seto Hospital, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 11:573-8. 2000..of patients with endometrial cancer, were examined using five human endometrial cancer cell lines (Ishikawa, HEC-1A, HEC-50B, HEC-59 and HEC-108)...
- First-line trastuzumab plus epirubicin and cyclophosphamide therapy in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer: cardiac safety and efficacy data from the Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULEMichael Untch
Helios Klinikum Berlin Buch, Frauenheilkunde mit Geburtshilfe, Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:1473-80. 2010..The Herceptin, Cyclophosphamide, and Epirubicin (HERCULES) trial evaluated trastuzumab plus cyclophosphamide and the less cardiotoxic anthracycline epirubicin...
- Incidence of chemotherapy-induced nausea and emesis after modern antiemeticsSteven M Grunberg
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Cancer 100:2261-8. 2004..of acute and delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and emesis (vomiting) (CINV) among patients receiving highly (HEC) or moderately (MEC) emetogenic chemotherapy...
- Cytocompatible gel formation of chitosan-glycerol phosphate solutions supplemented with hydroxyl ethyl cellulose is due to the presence of glyoxalC D Hoemann
Department of Chemical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, PO Box 6079, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3A7
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:521-9. 2007..developed an adhesive in situ-gelling cell carrier by suspending cells in a solution of hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC), which was then mixed with chitosan-glycerol phosphate to form a chitosan-GP/HEC gel...
- Role of FOXO1A in the regulation of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 in human endometrial cells: interaction with progesterone receptorJ J Kim
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 73:833-9. 2005..receptor A (PGRA), and progesterone receptor B (PGRB) proteins, whereas the endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line, HEC-1B cells, expressed only FOXO1A and no detectable PGR proteins...
- Predictors of adherent use of diaphragms and microbicide gel in a four-arm, randomized pilot study among female sex workers in MadagascarAbigail Norris Turner
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:249-57. 2009..Participants' protocol adherence may influence assessments of the effectiveness of new female-controlled methods for sexually transmitted infection prevention...
- Ocular poloxamer-based ciprofloxacin hydrochloride in situ forming gelsMai Mansour
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:744-52. 2008..Mucoadhesives such as hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose (HPMC) or hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) were added to the formulations to enhance the gel bioadhesion properties...
- Vaginal microbicide and diaphragm use for sexually transmitted infection prevention: a randomized acceptability and feasibility study among high-risk women in MadagascarFrieda M Behets
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:818-26. 2008....
- Viscosification in polymer-surfactant mixtures at low temperaturesNeda Beheshti
Department of Chemistry, University of Oslo, P O Box 1033, Blindern, N 0315 Oslo, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6273-80. 2010Interactions between the anionic surfactant sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) and hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) or its hydrophobically modified analogue (HM-HEC) have been studied over an extended temperature region with the aid of turbidimetry,..
- Inhibition of growth of experimental human endometrial cancer by an antagonist of growth hormone-releasing hormoneJorg B Engel
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1601 Perdido Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1262, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3614-21. 2005..we investigated in vivo and in vitro the effects of the GHRH antagonist MZ-J-7-118 and its mechanism of action in HEC-1A human endometrial cancer...
- Lymphotoxin plays a crucial role in the development and function of nasal-associated lymphoid tissue through regulation of chemokines and peripheral node addressinXiaoyan Ying
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, 60 College St, P O Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Am J Pathol 166:135-46. 2005..High endothelial venules (HEVs) developed that expressed GlyCAM-1, HEC-6ST [an enzyme crucial for expression of luminal peripheral node addressin (PNAd)], and PNAd itself...
- Dissociation of the Nuf2-Ndc80 complex releases centromeres from the spindle-pole body during meiotic prophase in fission yeastHaruhiko Asakawa
Cell Biology Group and CREST Research Project, Kansai Advanced Research Center, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Kobe 651 2492, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 16:2325-38. 2005..Here we examined the behavior of centromere proteins in living meiotic cells of S. pombe. We show that the Nuf2-Ndc80 complex proteins (Nuf2, Ndc80, Spc24, and Spc25) disappear from the centromere in meiotic prophase when the ..
- Vaginal microbicides: detecting toxicities in vivo that paradoxically increase pathogen transmissionRichard A Cone
Mucosal Protection Laboratory, Dept of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:90. 2006....
- Development of a model for inducing transient insulin resistance in the mare: preliminary implications regarding the estrous cycleD R Sessions
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0099, USA
J Anim Sci 82:2321-8. 2004..In Exp. 1, a hyperinsulinemic-euglycemic clamp (HEC) procedure was performed on seven mares to determine insulin sensitivity before and immediately following infusion ..
- Protein disulfide isomerase, a component of the estrogen receptor complex, is associated with Chlamydia trachomatis serovar E attached to human endometrial epithelial cellsC H Davis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Infect Immun 70:3413-8. 2002..apical membrane protein receptor(s) attached to EB at 4 degrees C was stripped off the surface of polarized HEC-1B cells and immunoprecipitated with polyclonal anti-EB antibodies, an approximately 55-kDa protein was ..
- A molecular phylogeny of the hawkmoth genus Hyles (Lepidoptera: Sphingidae, Macroglossinae)Anna K Hundsdoerfer
Institut für Pharmazie und molekulare Biotechnologie, Abt Biologie, Im Neuenheimer Feld 364, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 35:442-58. 2005..We propose that the radiation of the Hyles euphorbiae-complex s. str. (HEC) occurred as recently as the Pliocene/Pleistocene boundary and that its roots can still be reconstructed in Asia...
- Viscoelastic properties of bioadhesive, chlorhexidine-containing semi-solids for topical application to the oropharynxD S Jones
The Pharmaceutical Sciences Group, School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Pharm Res 15:1131-6. 1998..This study examined the viscoelastic properties of bioadhesive, chlorhexidine-containing semi-solid formulations, designed for topical application to the oropharynx...
- Complementary Interhelical Interactions between Three Buried Glu-Lys Pairs within Three Heptad Repeats Are Essential for Hec1-Nuf2 Heterodimerization and Mitotic ProgressionBryan Ngo
From the Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697
J Biol Chem 288:34403-13. 2013Hec1 and Nuf2, core components of the NDC80 complex, are essential for kinetochore-microtubule attachment and chromosome segregation...
- Effects of carbohydrate polymers applicable in saliva substitutes on the anti-Candida activity of a histatin-derived peptideAnita L A Ruissen
Section of Oral Biochemistry, Department of Dental Basic Sciences, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Van der Boechorststraat 7, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Oral Biol 47:749-56. 2002..The effects of the following polymers were tested: uncharged hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC), negatively charged xanthan (XG) and three types of negatively charged carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) of identical ..
- General properties of silated hydroxyethylcellulose for potential biomedical applicationsXavier Bourges
Centre de Transfert de Technologie du Mans, Département Matériaux, 20 rue Thalès de Milet, 72000 Le Mans, France
Biopolymers 63:232-8. 2002The general properties of hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC) grafted with 3-glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane (GPTMS) or 3-glycidoxypropylmethyldiethoxysilane (GPDMS) were studied for potential biomedical applications...
- A structural basis for kinetochore recruitment of the Ndc80 complex via two distinct centromere receptorsFrancesca Malvezzi
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Vienna 1030, Austria
EMBO J 32:409-23. 2013The Ndc80 complex is the key microtubule-binding element of the kinetochore...
- The internal loop of fission yeast Ndc80 binds Alp7/TACC-Alp14/TOG and ensures proper chromosome attachmentNgang Heok Tang
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, London WC2A 3LY, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 24:1122-33. 2013The Ndc80 outer kinetochore complex plays a critical role in kinetochore-microtubule attachment, yet our understanding of the mechanism by which this complex interacts with spindle microtubules for timely and accurate chromosome ..
- Hec1-dependent cyclin B2 stabilization regulates the G2-M transition and early prometaphase in mouse oocytesLiming Gui
Mammalian Oocyte and Embryo Research Laboratory, Cell and Developmental Biology, UCL, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Cell 25:43-54. 2013The functions of the Ndc80/Hec1 subunit of the highly conserved Ndc80 kinetochore complex are normally restricted to M phase when it exerts a pivotal kinetochore-based role...
- Anti-HIV-1 activity of elafin depends on its nuclear localization and altered innate immune activation in female genital epithelial cellsAnna G Drannik
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster Immunology Research Centre, Michael G DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e52738. 2012..Tr, and more so E, were found to inhibit attachment/entry and transcytosis of HIV-1 in human endometrial HEC-1A cells, acting through virus or cells...
- Review of the efficacy of aprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in a range of tumor typesMatti S Aapro
IMO Clinique de Genolier, Genolier, Switzerland
Cancer Treat Rev 39:113-7. 2013..g., breast, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and lung) treated with either highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC) or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC) regimens, a pooled analysis of patient-level data from 4 large ..
- Antiproliferative signaling of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone in human endometrial and ovarian cancer cells through G protein alpha(I)-mediated activation of phosphotyrosine phosphataseC Grundker
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Georg August University, D 37070 Gottingen, Germany
Endocrinology 142:2369-80. 2001..For these studies, the well characterized human Ishikawa and Hec-1A endometrial cancer cell lines and human EFO-21 and EFO-27 ovarian cancer cell lines were used, which express ..
- Roles for the conserved spc105p/kre28p complex in kinetochore-microtubule binding and the spindle assembly checkpointCinzia Pagliuca
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e7640. 2009..Moreover, comparison of orthologous proteins in yeast and humans promises to extend insight obtained from the study of simple fungal kinetochores to complex animal cell kinetochores...
- Food viscosity as determinant for adaptive growth responses in rat intestine: long-term feeding of different hydroxyethyl cellulosesB Elsenhans
Walther Straub Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Germany
Br J Nutr 84:39-48. 2000..By feeding hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) differing in molecular mass, and thus in its viscosity properties, only the consistency of the diet was modified...
- Ndc80 internal loop interacts with Dis1/TOG to ensure proper kinetochore-spindle attachment in fission yeastKuo Shun Hsu
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, UK
Curr Biol 21:214-20. 2011The Ndc80 complex, a conserved outer kinetochore complex, comprising four components (Ndc80/Hec1, Nuf2, Spc24, and Spc25), constitutes one of the core microtubule-binding sites within the kinetochore...
- Adjuvant therapy in the treatment of complications following surgery for hepatic echinococcal cystsM C Haddad
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, P O Box 113 6044, Beirut, Lebanon
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 23:406-9. 2000Thirty-two patients had surgery for hepatic echinococcal cysts (HEC)...
- Expression of receptors for extracellular matrix proteins in human endothelial cellsG Tarone
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Chimica Medica, , Turin, Italy
J Lipid Mediat 2:S45-53. 1990..Using in vitro adhesion tests we show that human endothelial cells (HEC) can attach and spread on substrates coated with several matrix components including fibronectin, laminin, collagen ..
- Kinetochore-Microtubule InteractionsJ McIntosh; Fiscal Year: 2009..microtubule- binding proteins, like the Dam1 complex (aka DASH) from budding yeasts, and fibrous complexes, like NDC80 (Hec1) from C. elegans, yeasts, and human cells...
- Kinetochore-Microtubule InteractionsJOHN RICHARD MCINTOSH; Fiscal Year: 2010..microtubule- binding proteins, like the Dam1 complex (aka DASH) from budding yeasts, and fibrous complexes, like NDC80 (Hec1) from C. elegans, yeasts, and human cells...
- SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE MICROTUBULE CYTOSKELETONGeorjana Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2010..with the central kinetochore, or about emergent properties that result when separate subcomplexes like Dam1 and Ndc80 are together in kinetochores...
- Kinetochore Function in Vertebrate CellsJennifer G DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2010..The kinetochore-associated NDC80 complex is required for generating stable kinetochore-MT attachments in eukaryotic cells, but how this complex ..
- Kinetochore Function in Vertebrate CellsJennifer G DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2010..The kinetochore-associated NDC80 complex is required for generating stable kinetochore-MT attachments in eukaryotic cells, but how this complex ..
- CHROMOSOME MOVEMENT IN PROMETAPHASEGary Gorbsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..We focus on a set of key regulators of microtubule-kinetochore interactions: the Ndc80 protein complex, Polo-like kinase1, the Aurora B kinase, the dynein/dynactin complex and an associated protein ..
- AGE, EXERCISE, DIET--EFFECTS ON GLUCOSE FATTY ACID CYCLEJohn Kirwan; Fiscal Year: 2000..2) During a HEC with intralipid infusion, the suppressive effects of elevated FFA levels on insulin mediated whole body glucose ..
- CELL AND TUMOR GENETICS OF MITOTIC ARREST CHECKPOINTSPETER KARL SORGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..recruiting Mad and Bub proteins to kinetochores will be studied, with particular emphasis on the members of the Ndc80 complex (4) Bub1, a kinase with dual functions in checkpoint control and chromosome-microtubule attachment will be ..
- BIOCHEMICAL AND GENETIC ANALYSIS OF YEAST KINETOCHORESPeter Sorger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The structure and function of the Ndc80-complex, a core component of the kinetochore, will be analyzed and its role in the mitotic checkpoint established ..
- Role of L-selectin and its Ligands in Chronic Murine IleitisJesus Rivera Nieves; Fiscal Year: 2007..ii) Determine the time course of HEC-6 sulfotransferase induction through adoptive T cell transfer, Immunohistochemistry and real time RT-PCR...
- Mechanisms of "End On" Microtubule Attachment by the KinetochoreP Todd Stukenberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will dissect the role of a microtubule binding activity on the Ndc80/Hec1 subunit of the Ndc80 complex, which is proposed to be an important microtubule interface...
- Mechanisms of "End On" Microtubule Attachment by the KinetochoreP Todd Stukenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will dissect the role of a microtubule binding activity on the Ndc80/Hec1 subunit of the Ndc80 complex, which is proposed to be an important microtubule interface...
- Regulation of the kinetochore-microtuble interfaceWalter Gall; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies show that Ipl1 phosphorylates the highly conserved outer kinetochore component Ndc80 (human Hec1 ortholog) and a MT-associated protein Dam1 (no known human ortholog)...
- Kinetochore Specification and FunctionArshad Desai; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ubiquitously conserved KNL-1/Mis12 complex/Ndc80 complex (KMN) protein network is proposed to play a central role at the kinetochore-microtubule interface...
- ANGIOTENSIN ANALOGS TO TREAT WOUND HEALINGKathleen Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2007..In a Phase II SBIR grant, US Biotest developed USB001 (NorLeu3-A(1-7) in 2% HEC and preservatives), an angiotensin peptide formulation appropriate for clinical study...
- SULFOTRANSFERASE IN THE SYNTHESIS OF L-SELECTIN LIGANDSSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2002..GlyCAM-1; 2) To identify the sulfated carbohydrate epitope recognized by MECA 79; and 3) To obtain cDNAs encoding HEC sulfotransferases by expression cloning techniques using the sulfation-dependent mAbs (G72 and MECA 79) and L-..
- Hec1 network as molecular therapeutic targetsWen Hwa Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Intriguingly, the expression of HEC 1 is highly elevated in most cancer cell lines...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis on L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Two of these, known as GST-2 and GST-3, are present in HEV. GST-3 has been given the name HEC-GlcNAc6ST because of its highly restricted expression in high endothelial cells (HEC) of HEV...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis on L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two of these, known as GST-2 and GST-3, are present in HEV. GST-3 has been given the name HEC-GlcNAc6ST because of its highly restricted expression in high endothelial cells (HEC) of HEV...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis on L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two of these, known as GST-2 and GST-3, are present in HEV. GST-3 has been given the name HEC-GlcNAc6ST because of its highly restricted expression in high endothelial cells (HEC) of HEV...
- Low birth weight, uterine infection, and nitric oxideChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 will characterize NO production, NO synthase (NOS) enzymes in uterine epithelial cell lines, Ishikawa, RL-95 and HEC-1 cells Sub-aim 1...
- Low birth weight, uterine infection, and nitric oxideChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2003..1 will characterize NO production, NO synthase (NOS) enzymes in uterine epithelial cell lines, Ishikawa, RL-95 and HEC-1 cells. Sub-aim 1...
- Low birth weight, uterine infection, and nitric oxideChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2006..1 will characterize NO production, NO synthase (NOS) enzymes in uterine epithelial cell lines, Ishikawa, RL-95 and HEC-1 cells. Sub-aim 1...
- AGE, EXERCISE AND DIET EFFECTS ON GLUCOSE AND FATTY ACIDJohn Kirwan; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) During a HEC with intralipid infusion, the suppressive effects of elevated FFA levels on insulin mediated whole body glucose ..
- AGE, EXERCISE, DIET--EFFECTS ON GLUCOSE FATTY ACID CYCLEJohn Kirwan; Fiscal Year: 2002..2) During a HEC with intralipid infusion, the suppressive effects of elevated FFA levels on insulin mediated whole body glucose ..
- LYMPHOTOXIN AND LYMPHOID NEOGENESISNANCY RUDDLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The mature HEV phenotype, characterized by expression of PNAd, LTbR, and a HEV suIfotransferase (HEC-6ST) depends on signaling through the LTbR in normal and HEC6ST- lacZ mice...