Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NAA80
Description: N(alpha)-acetyltransferase 80, NatH catalytic subunit
Alias: FUS-2, FUS2, NAT6, N-acetyltransferase 6, N-acetyltransferase 6 (GCN5-related), protein fusion-2
- Tanaka H, Kanda M, Koike M, Iwata N, Shimizu D, Ezaka K, et al. Adherens junctions associated protein 1 serves as a predictor of recurrence of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Int J Oncol. 2015;47:1811-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that downregulated AJAP1 transcription may serve as a novel tumor biomarker to predict recurrence of ESCC after esophagectomy. ..
- Miwa T, Kanda M, Koike M, Iwata N, Tanaka H, Umeda S, et al. Identification of NCCRP1 as an epigenetically regulated tumor suppressor and biomarker for malignant phenotypes of squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:4822-4828 pubmed publisher..022). The findings of the current study indicate that NCCRP1 acts as a putative tumor suppressor that is inactivated through promoter hypermethylation, and serves as a promising biomarker to predict postoperative prognosis in ESCC...
- Tao Y, Fang F, Hu S, Lu J, Cao L, Zhao W, et al. Hypermethylation of the GATA binding protein 4 (GATA4) promoter in Chinese pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:756 pubmed publisher..However, further research focusing on the mechanism of GATA4 in pediatric leukemia is required. ..
- Johnson J, Bessette D, Saunus J, Smart C, Song S, Johnston R, et al. Characterization of a novel breast cancer cell line derived from a metastatic bone lesion of a breast cancer patient. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2018;170:179-188 pubmed publisher..This novel human breast cancer-bone metastasis cell line will be a useful model to study aspects of breast cancer biology, particularly metastasis-related changes from breast to bone. ..
- Zhao Y, Guo Y, Wang Z, Xiao Z, Li R, Luo A, et al. GALC gene is downregulated by promoter hypermethylation in Epstein-Barr virus-associated nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:1369-78 pubmed publisher..05). GALC was downregulated by promoter hypermethylation and contributed to the pathogenesis of EBV-associated NPC. The findings showed the putative tumor-suppressor effect of GALC in NPC. ..
- Kanda M, Sugimoto H, Nomoto S, Oya H, Shimizu D, Takami H, et al. Clinical utility of PDSS2 expression to stratify patients at risk for recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:2005-12 pubmed publisher..PDSS2 is a putative tumor suppressor, and promoter hypermethylation is a key regulatory mechanism in HCC. Decreased levels of PDSS2 mRNA expression may represent a novel biomarker of HCC. ..
- Tao Y, Hu S, Lu J, Cao L, Zhao W, Xiao P, et al. Zinc finger protein 382 is downregulated by promoter hypermethylation in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia patients. Int J Mol Med. 2014;34:1505-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study suggests that ZNF382 may be considered a putative tumor suppressor gene in pediatric AML. However, further studies focusing on the mechanisms responsible for ZNF382 downregulation in pediatric leukemia are required. ..
- AssiÃ© G, LibÃ© R, Espiard S, Rizk Rabin M, Guimier A, Luscap W, et al. ARMC5 mutations in macronodular adrenal hyperplasia with Cushing's syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2013;369:2105-14 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing for this condition, which often has a long and insidious prediagnostic course, might result in earlier identification and better management. (Funded by Agence Nationale de la Recherche and others.). ..
- Haney S, Hlady R, Opavska J, Klinkebiel D, Pirruccello S, Dutta S, et al. Methylation-independent repression of Dnmt3b contributes to oncogenic activity of Dnmt3a in mouse MYC-induced T-cell lymphomagenesis. Oncogene. 2015;34:5436-5446 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate an unexpected oncogenic role for Dnmt3a in MTCL through methylation-independent repression of Dnmt3b and possibly other tumor suppressor genes. ..
- Annunziato S, Kas S, Nethe M, Yücel H, Del Bravo J, Pritchard C, et al. Modeling invasive lobular breast carcinoma by CRISPR/Cas9-mediated somatic genome editing of the mammary gland. Genes Dev. 2016;30:1470-80 pubmed publisher..This versatile platform can be used for rapid in vivo testing of putative tumor suppressor genes implicated in ILC, providing new opportunities for modeling invasive lobular breast carcinoma in mice. ..
- Maiuri A, Peng M, Podicheti R, Sriramkumar S, Kamplain C, Rusch D, et al. Mismatch Repair Proteins Initiate Epigenetic Alterations during Inflammation-Driven Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3467-3478 pubmed publisher..Understanding such mechanisms will inform development of pharmacotherapies to reduce carcinogenesis. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3467-78. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Gawriluk T, Ko C, Hong X, Christenson L, Rucker E. Beclin-1 deficiency in the murine ovary results in the reduction of progesterone production to promote preterm labor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E4194-203 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we show that Becn1 provides essential functions in the ovary that are essential for mammalian reproduction. ..
- Jin H, Suh D, Kim T, Yeom J, Lee K, Bae J. IER3 is a crucial mediator of TAp73Î²-induced apoptosis in cervical cancer and confers etoposide sensitivity. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8367 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TAp73Î² and IER3 induction would be a valuable checkpoint for successful therapeutic intervention of cervical carcinoma patients. ..
- Mori T, Sumii M, Fujishima F, Ueno K, Emi M, Nagasaki M, et al. Somatic alteration and depleted nuclear expression of BAP1 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1118-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, BAP1 is likely to function as a tumor suppressor in at least a part of ESCC. ..
- Tian C, Yao S, Liu L, Ding Y, Ye Q, Dong X, et al. Klf4 inhibits tumor growth and metastasis by targeting microRNA-31 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:47-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that Klf4 directly regulates miR?31 in HCC. Thus, miR-31 may serve as a potential diagnostic marker and therapeutic target in HCC. ..
- Towle R, Truong D, Garnis C. Epigenetic mediated silencing of EYA4 contributes to tumorigenesis in oral dysplastic cells. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2016;55:568-76 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to investigate its role as a marker for progression in oral cancer. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Sundram V, Ganju A, Hughes J, Khan S, Chauhan S, Jaggi M. Protein kinase D1 attenuates tumorigenesis in colon cancer by modulating Î²-catenin/T cell factor activity. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6867-84 pubmed..Overall, our results demonstrate a putative tumor-suppressor function of PKD1 in colon tumorigenesis via modulation of Î²-catenin functions in cells. ..
- Lin C, Du J, Shen W, Whang E, Donner D, Griff N, et al. Mitogen-inducible gene-6 is a multifunctional adaptor protein with tumor suppressor-like activity in papillary thyroid cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E554-65 pubmed publisher..Mig-6 has tumor suppressor-like activity in PTC. In vivo studies are required to confirm that Mig-6 is a putative tumor suppressor in PTC, and future studies should investigate the utility of Mig-6 as a diagnostic marker. ..
- Weng J, Yu C, Lee Y, Lin C, Chang W, Kuo Y. miR-494-3p Induces Cellular Senescence and Enhances Radiosensitivity in Human Oral Squamous Carcinoma Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Results suggest that miR-494-3p could increase the radiosensitivity of OSCC cells through the induction of cellular senescence caused by the downregulation of Bmi1. ..
- Shen F, Cai W, Feng Z, Li J, Chen J, Cao J, et al. MiR-492 contributes to cell proliferation and cell cycle of human breast cancer cells by suppressing SOX7 expression. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:1913-21 pubmed publisher..In sum, these results suggest that miR-492 represents a potential onco-miR and participates in breast cancer carcinogenesis by suppressing SOX7 expression. ..
- Silver M, Kessler N, Hennig B, Dominguez Salas P, Laritsky E, Baker M, et al. Independent genomewide screens identify the tumor suppressor VTRNA2-1 as a human epiallele responsive to periconceptional environment. Genome Biol. 2015;16:118 pubmed publisher..More broadly, the list of candidate metastable epialleles provides a resource for future studies of epigenetic variation and human disease. ..
- Lee H, Lee K, Jang H, Lee G, Park J, Kim S, et al. Epigenetic silencing of the non-coding RNA nc886 provokes oncogenes during human esophageal tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2014;5:3472-81 pubmed..All these findings implicate nc886 as a novel, putative tumor suppressor that is epigenetically silenced and regulates the expression of oncogenes in ESCC. ..
- Iwaya T, Sawada G, Amano S, Kume K, Ito C, Endo F, et al. Downregulation of ST6GALNAC1 is associated with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma development. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:441-447 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, recent studies suggest that multiple genes on chromosome 17q25 are involved in ESCC development. ..
- Alrezk R, Hannah Shmouni F, Stratakis C. MEN4 and CDKN1B mutations: the latest of the MEN syndromes. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2017;24:T195-T208 pubmed publisher..In this review, we report on the genetic characterization and clinical features of MEN4. ..
- Xu J, Sun T, Hu X. microRNA-513c suppresses the proliferation of human glioblastoma cells by repressing low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 6. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:4403-4409 pubmed publisher..In addition, the tumor suppressive effects were mediated predominantly through the direct suppression of the expression of LRP6. ..
- Tao Y, Li Z, Wang N, Fang F, Xu L, Pan J. tp53-dependent G2 arrest mediator candidate gene, Reprimo, is down-regulated by promoter hypermethylation in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015;56:2931-44 pubmed publisher..Real-time polymerase chain reaction array analysis revealed 50 dysregulated genes that might be implicated in apoptosis of RPRM-induced AML cells. RPRM may be a putative tumor suppressor in pediatric AML. ..
- Li A, Liu D, Liu Y, Zhou Y, Du Z, Song J. A Pilot Study of RSK4 Expression in Patients with Human Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2018;48:484-489 pubmed..The relationship between RSK4 gene expression and NSCLC prognosis and clinical outcome needs to be further studied in a multi-center cohort study with a large patient sample. ..
- Chen X, Yin Y, Cheng J, Huang A, Hu B, Zhang X, et al. BAP1 acts as a tumor suppressor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma by modulating the ERK1/2 and JNK/c-Jun pathways. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:1036 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BAP1 is a putative tumor suppressor of ICC, and may serve as a valuable prognostic biomarker as well as potential therapeutic target for ICC. ..
- Person R, Ngalame N, Makia N, Bell M, Waalkes M, Tokar E. Chronic inorganic arsenic exposure in vitro induces a cancer cell phenotype in human peripheral lung epithelial cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;286:36-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, arsenic induced multiple cancer cell characteristics in human peripheral lung epithelial cells. This model may be useful to assess mechanisms of arsenic-induced lung cancer. ..
- Sahab Z, Hall M, Zhang L, Cheema A, Byers S. Tumor Suppressor RARRES1 Regulates DLG2, PP2A, VCP, EB1, and Ankrd26. J Cancer. 2010;1:14-22 pubmed
- Rose M, Schubert C, Dierichs L, Gaisa N, Heer M, Heidenreich A, et al. OASIS/CREB3L1 is epigenetically silenced in human bladder cancer facilitating tumor cell spreading and migration in vitro. Epigenetics. 2014;9:1626-40 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data provide for the first time evidence that the transcription factor CREB3L1 may have an important role as a putative tumor suppressor in bladder cancer. ..
- Goris M, Magin R, Foyn H, Myklebust L, Varland S, Ree R, et al. Structural determinants and cellular environment define processed actin as the sole substrate of the N-terminal acetyltransferase NAA80. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:4405-4410 pubmed publisher..eukaryotes, but animal actins containing acidic N termini, are additionally posttranslationally Nt acetylated by NAA80. Actin Nt acetylation was found to regulate cytoskeletal dynamics and motility, thus making NAA80 a potential ..
- Rostami S, Nadali F, Alibakhshi R, Zaker F, Nasiri N, Payandeh M, et al. Aberrant Methylation of APAF-1 Gene in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients. Int J Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Res. 2017;11:225-230 pubmed..Therefore, promoter methylation of APAF-1 gene could be considered as an epigenetic factor that contributes to the development of AML...
- Liu J, Ye L, Li Q, Wu X, Wang B, Ouyang Y, et al. Synaptopodin-2 suppresses metastasis of triple-negative breast cancer via inhibition of YAP/TAZ activity. J Pathol. 2018;244:71-83 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Qin W, Wu J, Chen Y, Cui F, Zhang F, Lyu G, et al. The Short Isoform of Nuclear Mitotic Apparatus Protein 1 Functions as a Putative Tumor Suppressor. Chin Med J (Engl). 2017;130:1824-1830 pubmed publisher..Short isoform of NuMA might be functioned as a putative role of tumor suppressor. Further studies should be made to illuminate the relationship between ACTN4, MYBL2, and tumor progression. ..
- Kanda M, Shimizu D, Tanaka H, Shibata M, Iwata N, Hayashi M, et al. Metastatic pathway-specific transcriptome analysis identifies MFSD4 as a putative tumor suppressor and biomarker for hepatic metastasis in patients with gastric cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13667-79 pubmed publisher..MFSD4 expression in gastric tissues may represent a useful biomarker for identification of patients at high risk for hepatic recurrence, metastasis, or both. ..
- Duh F, Fivash M, Moody M, Li Lung M, Guo X, Stanbridge E, et al. Characterization of a new SNP c767A/T (Arg222Trp) in the candidate TSG FUS2 on human chromosome 3p21.3: prevalence in Asian populations and analysis of association with nasopharyngeal cancer. Mol Cell Probes. 2004;18:39-44 pubmedThe FUS2 gene, encoding a novel cytoplasmic acetyltransferase, resides in the tumor suppressor gene region on human chromosome 3p21.3 and is considered a promising candidate tumor suppressor gene...
- Yang M, Chien S, Yang T, Lin S, Lee T, Hong Y. Downregulation of nuclear and cytoplasmic Chibby is associated with advanced cervical cancer. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:6632-6644 pubmed publisher..Chibby and ?-catenin expression together may potentially to a biomarker for disease progression in cervical cancer...
- Shuttleworth T, Wilson M, Wicklow B, Wilkins J, Triggs Raine B. Characterization of the murine hyaluronidase gene region reveals complex organization and cotranscription of Hyal1 with downstream genes, Fus2 and Hyal3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23008-18 pubmed..This region was found to be complex, with Fus2 partially embedded in Hyal3, and Ifrd2 immediately downstream from Hyal3...
- Kanno E, Kawasaki O, Takahashi K, Takano K, Endo T. DA-Raf, a dominant-negative antagonist of the Ras-ERK pathway, is a putative tumor suppressor. Exp Cell Res. 2018;362:111-120 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DA-Raf represents a tumor suppressor protein against Ras-induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Lerman M, Minna J. The 630-kb lung cancer homozygous deletion region on human chromosome 3p21.3: identification and evaluation of the resident candidate tumor suppressor genes. The International Lung Cancer Chromosome 3p21.3 Tumor Suppressor Gene Consortium. Cancer Res. 2000;60:6116-33 pubmed..of the genes to have two or more amino acid sequence-altering mutations including BLU, NPRL2/Gene21, FUS1, HYAL1, FUS2, and SEMA3B...
- Fedele V, Dai F, Masilamani A, Heiland D, Kling E, Gätjens Sanchez A, et al. Epigenetic Regulation of ZBTB18 Promotes Glioblastoma Progression. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:998-1011 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Res; 15(8); 998-1011. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Zegerman P, Bannister A, Kouzarides T. The putative tumour suppressor Fus-2 is an N-acetyltransferase. Oncogene. 2000;19:161-3 pubmed..Since the Fus-2 gene maps to the chromosomal region 3p21.3, which contains at least one tumour suppressor gene, the N-acetyltransferase functions of Fus-2 may be relevant to its potential role in cancer. ..
- Chen S, Zheng P, Wang W, Yi M, Chen P, Cai J, et al. Abberent expression of NOR1 protein in tumor associated macrophages contributes to the development of DEN-induced hepatocellular carcinoma. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:5002-5013 pubmed publisher..Genetic deletion of NOR1 in mice leads to impairment of IL-6 production and NF-κB activation, which in turn attenuates DEN-induced HCC development. ..
- Yi Lo P, Chung Leung A, Xiong W, Law S, Duh F, Lerman M, et al. Expression of candidate chromosome 3p21.3 tumor suppressor genes and down-regulation of BLU in some esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. Cancer Lett. 2006;234:184-92 pubmedThe expression of six chromosome 3p21.3 candidate tumor suppressor genes (BLU, FUS2, HYAL2, NPRL2, RASSF1A, and SEMA3B) in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) has been investigated...
- Xu M, Knox A, Michaelis K, Kiseljak Vassiliades K, Kleinschmidt Demasters B, Lillehei K, et al. Reprimo (RPRM) is a novel tumor suppressor in pituitary tumors and regulates survival, proliferation, and tumorigenicity. Endocrinology. 2012;153:2963-73 pubmed publisher..When RPRM is silenced as in human pituitary tumors, unrestrained growth and tumor progression may occur...
- Han H, Choi B, Surh Y. Dual Roles of Pin1 in Cancer Development and Progression. Curr Pharm Des. 2017;23:4422-4425 pubmed publisher..However, a role for Pin1 as a putative tumor suppressor has recently been suggested. Systematic dissection of pro-oncogenic vs. tumor suppressive functions of Pin1 will be necessary...
- Wang D, Song L, Wang L, Zhao L, Xiang B, Li Y, et al. ARHI is a novel epigenetic silenced tumor suppressor in sporadic pheochromocytoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:86325-86338 pubmed publisher..We therefore reasoned that ARHI is a novel epigenetic silenced tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 1p that is involved in sporadic PCC tumorigenesis...
- Pandzic T, Rendo V, Lim J, Larsson C, Larsson J, Stoimenov I, et al. Somatic PRDM2 c.4467delA mutations in colorectal cancers control histone methylation and tumor growth. Oncotarget. 2017;8:98646-98659 pubmed publisher..4467delA is a driver mutation in colorectal cancer and confirms PRDM2 as a cancer gene, pointing to regulation of EMT as a central aspect of its tumor suppressive action...
- Drazic A, Aksnes H, Marie M, Boczkowska M, Varland S, Timmerman E, et al. NAA80 is actin's N-terminal acetyltransferase and regulates cytoskeleton assembly and cell motility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:4399-4404 pubmed publisher..Here, we reveal that NAA80, a suggested NAT enzyme whose substrate specificity had not been characterized, is Nt-acetylating actin...