Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: N-cadherin
Description: cadherin 2
Alias: CD325, CDHN, CDw325, NCAD, cadherin-2, N-cadherin 1, cadherin 2, type 1, N-cadherin (neuronal), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, neuronal, neural cadherin
- Li K, He W, Lin N, Wang X, Fan Q. N-cadherin knock-down decreases invasiveness of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in vitro. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:697-704 pubmed..40 +/- 8.23 to 49.60 +/- 6.80 (P < 0.05). E-cadherin and N-cadherin expression is correlated with the invasion and aggravation of ESCC. The down-regulation of N-cadherin lowers the invasiveness of EC9706 cell line. ..
- Zynger D, Dimov N, Ho L, Laskin W, Yeldandi A. Differential expression of neural-cadherin in pulmonary epithelial tumours. Histopathology. 2008;52:348-54 pubmed publisher..The level of expression of N-cadherin between types of lung tumours does not appear to indicate malignant potential or aggressive behaviour. ..
- Shintani Y, Hollingsworth M, Wheelock M, Johnson K. Collagen I promotes metastasis in pancreatic cancer by activating c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase 1 and up-regulating N-cadherin expression. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11745-53 pubmed..We show that JNK1 is activated in response to collagen I, which increases tumorigenesis by up-regulating N-cadherin expression and by increasing motility. ..
- Lascombe I, Clairotte A, Fauconnet S, Bernardini S, Wallerand H, Kantelip B, et al. N-cadherin as a novel prognostic marker of progression in superficial urothelial tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:2780-7 pubmed..Clearly, N-cadherin acts in an invasive mode in bladder cancer, but whether it has a primary role in urothelial neoplastic progression has yet to be investigated. ..
- Nagi C, Guttman M, Jaffer S, Qiao R, Keren R, Triana A, et al. N-cadherin expression in breast cancer: correlation with an aggressive histologic variant--invasive micropapillary carcinoma. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;94:225-35 pubmed..005), whereas such changes were not significant in the non-MPAP group (p = 0.10). Thus, N-cadherin is associated with tumor aggressiveness and metastatic potential and may contribute to tumor progression. ..
- Koutsouki E, Beeching C, Slater S, Blaschuk O, Sala Newby G, George S. N-cadherin-dependent cell-cell contacts promote human saphenous vein smooth muscle cell survival. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005;25:982-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that VSMC survival is dependent on N-cadherin-mediated cell-cell contacts, which could be important in the context of plaque instability. ..
- Maeda M, Johnson K, Wheelock M. Cadherin switching: essential for behavioral but not morphological changes during an epithelium-to-mesenchyme transition. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:873-87 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that cadherin switching is necessary for increased motility but is not required for the morphological changes that accompany EMT. ..
- De Wever O, Westbroek W, Verloes A, Bloemen N, Bracke M, Gespach C, et al. Critical role of N-cadherin in myofibroblast invasion and migration in vitro stimulated by colon-cancer-cell-derived TGF-beta or wounding. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4691-703 pubmed..Taken together, our study identifies a new mechanism in which cancer cells contribute to the coordination of invasion of stromal myofibroblasts. ..
- Yano H, Mazaki Y, Kurokawa K, Hanks S, Matsuda M, Sabe H. Roles played by a subset of integrin signaling molecules in cadherin-based cell-cell adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:283-95 pubmed..Our analyses simultaneously exemplified the essential role of Fak in the maintenance of cell-cell adhesions in collective cell migration, a type of migration occurring in embryonic development and carcinoma invasion. ..
- Rosivatz E, Becker I, Bamba M, Schott C, Diebold J, Mayr D, et al. Neoexpression of N-cadherin in E-cadherin positive colon cancers. Int J Cancer. 2004;111:711-9 pubmed
- Hazan R, Qiao R, Keren R, Badano I, Suyama K. Cadherin switch in tumor progression. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1014:155-63 pubmed..Here, we summarize the various aspects of the E- to N-cadherin switching in epithelial carcinomas and its potential impact on metastatic progression. ..
- Salomon D, Ayalon O, Patel King R, Hynes R, Geiger B. Extrajunctional distribution of N-cadherin in cultured human endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 1992;102 ( Pt 1):7-17 pubmed..Comparison of this pattern with the discrete junctional labeling obtained with the pan-cadherin antibody suggests that different cadherins, co-expressed in the same endothelial cells, may undergo differential surface distribution. ..
- Jie D, Zhongmin Z, Guoqing L, Sheng L, Yi Z, Jing W, et al. Positive expression of LSD1 and negative expression of E-cadherin correlate with metastasis and poor prognosis of colon cancer. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1581-9 pubmed publisher..The first identified lysine-specific demethylase, LSD1, plays an important role in the metastatic progression of several types of cancer...
- Yang Z, Zhang X, Gang H, Li X, Li Z, Wang T, et al. Up-regulation of gastric cancer cell invasion by Twist is accompanied by N-cadherin and fibronectin expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:925-30 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Twist regulates cell motility and invasion in gastric cancer cell lines, probably through the N-cadherin and fibronectin production. ..
- Suyama K, Shapiro I, Guttman M, Hazan R. A signaling pathway leading to metastasis is controlled by N-cadherin and the FGF receptor. Cancer Cell. 2002;2:301-14 pubmed..These results suggest that protection of the FGFR-1 from ligand-induced downregulation by N-cadherin enhances receptor signaling and provides a mechanism by which tumor cells can acquire metastatic properties. ..
- Kaarteenaho R, Lappi Blanco E, Lehtonen S. Epithelial N-cadherin and nuclear ?-catenin are up-regulated during early development of human lung. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:113 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expressions of these factors were higher during the lung development than in the adult human lung. ..
- Sheets S, Potempa J, Travis J, Casiano C, Fletcher H. Gingipains from Porphyromonas gingivalis W83 induce cell adhesion molecule cleavage and apoptosis in endothelial cells. Infect Immun. 2005;73:1543-52 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that gingipains from P. gingivalis can alter cell adhesion molecules and induce endothelial cell death, which could have implications for the pathogenicity of this organism. ..
- Ng Y, Zhu H, Leung P. Twist modulates human trophoblastic cell invasion via regulation of N-cadherin. Endocrinology. 2012;153:925-36 pubmed publisher..Similarly, a reduction in N-cadherin decreased the invasive capacity of HTR-8/SVneo cells. Twist is an upstream regulator of N-cadherin-mediated invasion of human trophoblastic cells. ..
- Grinberg Rashi H, Ofek E, Perelman M, Skarda J, Yaron P, Hajduch M, et al. The expression of three genes in primary non-small cell lung cancer is associated with metastatic spread to the brain. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1755-61 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of three genes in primary NSCLC tumors may be used to identify patients at high risk for brain metastasis who may benefit from prophylactic therapy to the central nervous system. ..
- Smalley K, Brafford P, Haass N, Brandner J, Brown E, Herlyn M. Up-regulated expression of zonula occludens protein-1 in human melanoma associates with N-cadherin and contributes to invasion and adhesion. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:1541-54 pubmed
- Wallerand H, Cai Y, Wainberg Z, Garraway I, Lascombe I, Nicolle G, et al. Phospho-Akt pathway activation and inhibition depends on N-cadherin or phospho-EGFR expression in invasive human bladder cancer cell lines. Urol Oncol. 2010;28:180-8 pubmed publisher..N/E- cadherin expression profile has a significant prognostic value in invasive BC. ..
- Qi J, Chen N, Wang J, Siu C. Transendothelial migration of melanoma cells involves N-cadherin-mediated adhesion and activation of the beta-catenin signaling pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4386-97 pubmed..Transendothelial migration was compromised in cells expressing a dominant-negative form of beta-catenin, thus supporting a regulatory role of beta-catenin signaling in this process. ..
- Tran N, Adams D, Vaillancourt R, Heimark R. Signal transduction from N-cadherin increases Bcl-2. Regulation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway by homophilic adhesion and actin cytoskeletal organization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32905-14 pubmed..We propose that N-cadherin homophilic adhesion can initiate anti-apoptotic signaling, which enhances the Akt cell survival pathway in metastatic cancer. ..
- Long M, Yang S, Wang Y, Li P, Zhang Y, Dong S, et al. The Protective Effect of Selenium on Chronic Zearalenone-Induced Reproductive System Damage in Male Mice. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..level of mRNA expression of B cell leukemia/lymphoma 2 (Bcl2), vimentin (Vim) and cadherin 2 (Cdh2), whereas the co-administration of Se reversed these gene expression levels...
- Klymenko Y, Johnson J, Bos B, Lombard R, Campbell L, Loughran E, et al. Heterogeneous Cadherin Expression and Multicellular Aggregate Dynamics in Ovarian Cancer Dissemination. Neoplasia. 2017;19:549-563 pubmed publisher..ovarian tumors express abundant E-cadherin (Ecad), whereas advanced lesions exhibit upregulated N-cadherin (Ncad)...
- Walker A, Frei R, Lawson K. The cytoplasmic domain of N-cadherin modulates MMPâ€‘9 induction in oral squamous carcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:1699-706 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that N-cadherin may promote motility and invasiveness through distinct mechanisms, and that Î²-catenin may be an integral mediator of N-cadherin-dependent invasive signaling in oral epithelia. ..
- Zhi L, Wang L, Tian Z, Rao Q, Wang M, Wang J. [Role of N-cadherin in maintaining leukemic stem cell properties]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2010;18:7-10 pubmed..It is concluded that N-cadherin plays an important role in maintaining the self-renewal and drug resistance properties of LSC. ..
- Okabe T, Nakamura T, Nishimura Y, Kohu K, Ohwada S, Morishita Y, et al. RICS, a novel GTPase-activating protein for Cdc42 and Rac1, is involved in the beta-catenin-N-cadherin and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9920-7 pubmed..Thus, RICS may regulate dendritic spine morphology and strength by modulating Rho GTPases. ..
- Qiao N, Wang S, Hu L. Retinoblastoma-binding protein 2 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in esophageal squamous cancer cells. Biotechnol Lett. 2015;37:2365-70 pubmed publisher..54Â Â±Â 0.14 times higher than in the control group, and that of neural cadherin (N-cadherin) fell to 0.76Â Â±Â 0.03 times...
- Rhodes L, Tate C, Hoang V, Burks H, Gilliam D, Martin E, et al. Regulation of triple-negative breast cancer cell metastasis by the tumor-suppressor liver kinase B1. Oncogenesis. 2015;4:e168 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support future development of LKB1 inducing therapeutics for the suppression of invasion and metastasis of BLBC. ..
- Mo D, Yang D, Xiao X, Sun R, Huang L, Xu J. MiRNA-145 suppresses lung adenocarcinoma cell invasion and migration by targeting N-cadherin. Biotechnol Lett. 2017;39:701-710 pubmed publisher..Silencing of N-cadherin inhibited invasion and migration of LAC cell lines similar to miR-145 overexpression. MiR-145 could inhibit invasion and migration of lung adenocarcinoma cell lines by directly targeting N-cadherin. ..
- Marjon K, Termini C, Karlen K, Saito Reis C, Soria C, Lidke K, et al. Tetraspanin CD82 regulates bone marrow homing of acute myeloid leukemia by modulating the molecular organization of N-cadherin. Oncogene. 2016;35:4132-40 pubmed publisher..As such, these observations provide an alternative model for targeting AML where modulation of protein organization within the membrane may be an effective treatment therapy to disrupt the bone marrow homing potential of AML cells. ..
- Nurwidya F, Takahashi F, Kato M, Baskoro H, Hidayat M, Wirawan A, et al. CD44 silencing decreases the expression of stem cell-related factors induced by transforming growth factor ?1 and tumor necrosis factor ? in lung cancer: Preliminary findings. Bosn J Basic Med Sci. 2017;17:228-234 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary findings suggest that the CD44 gene may have a role in regulating CXCR4 and POU5F1 gene expressions, independently of the EMT signaling pathway. ..
- Sharma M, Henderson B. IQ-domain GTPase-activating protein 1 regulates beta-catenin at membrane ruffles and its role in macropinocytosis of N-cadherin and adenomatous polyposis coli. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8545-56 pubmed
- Chal J, Guillot C, Pourquie O. PAPC couples the segmentation clock to somite morphogenesis by regulating N-cadherin-dependent adhesion. Development. 2017;144:664-676 pubmed publisher..Thus, periodic expression of PAPC in the anterior PSM triggers rhythmic endocytosis of CDH2, allowing for segmental de-adhesion and individualization of somites. ..
- Izawa I, Nishizawa M, Ohtakara K, Inagaki M. Densin-180 interacts with delta-catenin/neural plakophilin-related armadillo repeat protein at synapses. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5345-50 pubmed..Densin-180 co-localized with delta-catenin/NPRAP at synapses in delta-catenin/NPRAP and may be involved in organization of the synaptic cell-cell junction through interaction with the delta-catenin/NPRAP-N-cadherin complex. ..
- Kim S, Yang J, Kim C, Kim M. Impact of suppression of tumorigenicity 14 (ST14)/serine protease 14 (Prss14) expression analysis on the prognosis and management of estrogen receptor negative breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:34643-63 pubmed publisher..In addition we suggest that careful conclusions should be drawn not exclusively from the cell line studies for target development. ..
- Satomi K, Morishita Y, Sakashita S, Kondou Y, Furuya S, Minami Y, et al. Specific expression of ZO-1 and N-cadherin in rosette structures of various tumors: possible recapitulation of neural tube formation in embryogenesis and utility as a potentially novel immunohistochemical marker of rosette formation in pulmonary neur. Virchows Arch. 2011;459:399-407 pubmed publisher
- Huang H, Svoboda R, Lazenby A, Saowapa J, Chaika N, Ding K, et al. Up-regulation of N-cadherin by Collagen I-activated Discoidin Domain Receptor 1 in Pancreatic Cancer Requires the Adaptor Molecule Shc1. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23208-23223 pubmed..Taken together, these data illustrate DDR1b, but not DDR1a, mediates collagen I-induced N-cadherin up-regulation, and Shc1 is involved in this process by coupling to both DDR1 and Pyk2. ..
- Li H, Daculsi R, Grellier M, Bareille R, Bourget C, Amedee J. Role of neural-cadherin in early osteoblastic differentiation of human bone marrow stromal cells cocultured with human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C422-30 pubmed publisher..With the N-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and signaling transductions, the early osteoblastic differentiation of co-HBMSCs was significantly upregulated. ..
- Heymann R, About I, Lendahl U, Franquin J, Obrink B, Mitsiadis T. E- and N-cadherin distribution in developing and functional human teeth under normal and pathological conditions. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:2123-33 pubmed
- Hatzfeld M, Green K, Sauter H. Targeting of p0071 to desmosomes and adherens junctions is mediated by different protein domains. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:1219-33 pubmed..Our data suggest that, in addition to plakoglobin, p0071 is the second armadillo protein present in both types of adhesive junctions and may play a role in regulating crosstalk between adherens junctions and desmosomes. ..
- Ruedel A, Stark K, Kaufmann S, Bauer R, Reinders J, Rovensky J, et al. N-cadherin promoter polymorphisms and risk of osteoarthritis. FASEB J. 2014;28:683-91 pubmed publisher..In summary, a CDH2 promoter polymorphism influences the risk of OA, and hnRNP K was found to be involved in the regulation of elevated N-cadherin expression in patients with OA carrying the minor allele of rs11564299. ..
- Potthoff S, Entschladen F, Niggemann B, Zaenker K, Lang K. N-cadherin engagement provides a dominant stop signal for the migration of MDA-MB-468 breast carcinoma cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;105:287-95 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Hayashi T, Mimori Kiyosue Y, Sakaue F, Matsuura K, Iemura S, et al. The PX-RICS-14-3-3zeta/theta complex couples N-cadherin-beta-catenin with dynein-dynactin to mediate its export from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16145-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the PX-RICS-14-3-3zeta/ complex links the N-cadherin-beta-catenin cargo with the dynein-dynactin motor and thereby mediates its endoplasmic reticulum export. ..
- Nalla A, Estes N, Patel J, Rao J. N-cadherin mediates angiogenesis by regulating monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression via PI3K/Akt signaling in prostate cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:2512-21 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrated that N-cadherin in prostate cancer cell mediates cell-cell adhesion and regulates MCP-1 expression via the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Yi S, Yang Z, Miao X, Zou Q, Li J, Liang L, et al. N-cadherin and P-cadherin are biomarkers for invasion, metastasis, and poor prognosis of gallbladder carcinomas. Pathol Res Pract. 2014;210:363-8 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that positive N-cadherin and P-cadherin expression closely correlated with clinicopathological and biological behaviors, and poor-prognosis of gallbladder cancer. ..
- Watson Hurst K, Becker D. The role of N-cadherin, MCAM and beta3 integrin in melanoma progression, proliferation, migration and invasion. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:1375-82 pubmed..On the other hand, MCAM and beta3 integrin are the two adhesion molecules that play a pivotal role in melanoma cell migration and invasion, and for this reason, may represent valuable targets for melanoma therapy. ..
- Cherry J, Bennett N, Schachner M, Moghe P. Engineered N-cadherin and L1 biomimetic substrates concertedly promote neuronal differentiation, neurite extension and neuroprotection of human neural stem cells. Acta Biomater. 2014;10:4113-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, the insights from this study have fundamental and translational impacts for neural-stem-cell-based regenerative medicine. ..
- Shair K, Schnegg C, Raab Traub N. Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein-1 effects on junctional plakoglobin and induction of a cadherin switch. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5734-42 pubmed publisher..Low levels of plakoglobin were also detected in human NPC tissues. These findings reveal that the effects of LMP1 on junctional plakoglobin and the initiation of a cadherin switch likely contribute to metastasis of NPC. ..
- Koutsouki E, Lam R, Seebohm G, Ureche O, Ureche L, Baltaev R, et al. Modulation of human Kv1.5 channel kinetics by N-cadherin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:18-23 pubmed..In conclusion, N-cadherin modifies Kv1.5 channel activity and is thus a novel candidate signaling molecule participating in the regulation of a variety of functions including cardiac action potential and vascular tone. ..
- Nguyen P, Kudo Y, Yoshida M, Iizuka S, Ogawa I, Takata T. N-cadherin expression is correlated with metastasis of spindle cell carcinoma of head and neck region. J Oral Pathol Med. 2011;40:77-82 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that N-cadherin may play an important role in metastasis of SpCC in addition to the pathogenesis of SpCC of the head and neck. ..
- Sher Y, Wang L, Chuang L, Tsai M, Kuo T, Huang C, et al. ADAM9 up-regulates N-cadherin via miR-218 suppression in lung adenocarcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94065 pubmed publisher..The down-regulation of ADAM9 up-regulated SLIT2 and miR-218, thus down-regulating CDH2 expression. This study revealed that ADAM9 activates CDH2 through the release of miR-218 inhibition on CDH2 in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Kwon Y, Park T, Cho Y, Bae M, Kim S. Clinical usefulness of immunohistochemistry for plakoglobin, N-cadherin, and connexin-43 in the diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2928-35 pubmed..We confirmed that N-cadherin and connexin-43 had no diagnostic value in ARVC. ..
- Miao Y, Li A, Wang L, Fan C, Zhang X, Xu H, et al. Overexpression of NEDD9 is associated with altered expression of E-Cadherin, β-Catenin and N-Cadherin and predictive of poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer. Pathol Oncol Res. 2013;19:281-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, overexpression of NEDD9 correlates with altered expression of EMT markers, increased lymph node metastasis and poorer survival in lung cancer. ..
- Uemura K, Kihara T, Kuzuya A, Okawa K, Nishimoto T, Bito H, et al. Activity-dependent regulation of beta-catenin via epsilon-cleavage of N-cadherin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:951-8 pubmed..PS1/gamma-secretase in response to physiological concentration of glutamate (Glu) stimulation, yielding a fragment Ncad/CTF2...
- Williams H, Johnson J, Jackson C, White S, George S. MMP-7 mediates cleavage of N-cadherin and promotes smooth muscle cell apoptosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:137-46 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that MMP-7 is involved in the cleavage of N-cadherin and modulates VSMC apoptosis, and may therefore contribute to plaque development and rupture. ..
- Nakajima S, Doi R, Toyoda E, Tsuji S, Wada M, Koizumi M, et al. N-cadherin expression and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in pancreatic carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:4125-33 pubmed..This study provided the morphological evidence of EMT in pancreatic carcinoma and revealed that overexpression of N-cadherin is involved in EMT and is affected by growth factors. ..
- Ciołczyk Wierzbicka D, Gil D, Hoja Łukowicz D, Litynska A, Laidler P. Carbohydrate moieties of N-cadherin from human melanoma cell lines. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:991-8 pubmed..The results demonstrated that N-glycans of N-cadherin are altered in metastatic melanomas in a way characteristic for invasive tumor cells. ..
- Wallis J, Fox M, Walsh F. Structure of the human N-cadherin gene: YAC analysis and fine chromosomal mapping to 18q11.2. Genomics. 1994;22:172-9 pubmed..The first and second introns of the gene are large, a property conserved between the mouse and human genes. In situ hybridization with YAC DNA refined the map position of N-cadherin to human chromosome 18q11.2. ..
- Yan X, Yan L, Liu S, Shan Z, Tian Y, Jin Z. N-cadherin, a novel prognostic biomarker, drives malignant progression of colorectal cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:2999-3006 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggested that N-cadherin has the potential of serving as a novel prognostic predictor and a promising therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Sandquist E, Somji S, Dunlevy J, Garrett S, Zhou X, Slusser Nore A, et al. Loss of N-Cadherin Expression in Tumor Transplants Produced From As+3- and Cd+2-Transformed Human Urothelial (UROtsa) Cell Lines. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156310 pubmed publisher..The lack of N-cadherin expression in tumor transplants is consistent with E-cadherin expressing cells "seeding" a site for tumor growth. The study shows that a minority population of cultured cells can be the initiators of tumor growth. ..
- Maurizi G, Petäistö T, Maurizi A, Della Guardia L. Key-genes regulating the liposecretion process of mature adipocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Autocrine as well as external signaling molecules might activate liposecretion affecting adipocytes physiology...
- Ukpo O, Thorstad W, Zhang Q, Lewis J. Lack of association of cadherin expression and histopathologic type, metastasis, or patient outcome in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: a tissue microarray study. Head Neck Pathol. 2012;6:38-47 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that cadherin expression may not be a predictor for nodal or distant metastasis in these tumors. Mechanisms independent of cadherin expression may be important for metastases in oropharyngeal SCC. ..
- Hsiao C, Chen H, Chang G, Lin H. GPS autoproteolysis is required for CD97 to up-regulate the expression of N-cadherin that promotes homotypic cell-cell aggregation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:313-8 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a clear evidence for the role of GPS proteolytic modification in the cellular function of adhesion-GPCRs. ..
- Molina J, Morales F, Hayashi Y, Aldape K, Georgescu M. Loss of PTEN binding adapter protein NHERF1 from plasma membrane in glioblastoma contributes to PTEN inactivation. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6697-703 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a tumor suppressor role for NHERF1 at the plasma membrane, and reveal a novel mechanism for PI3K/Akt activation through PTEN inactivation caused by a loss of membrane-localized NHERF1. ..
- Jennbacken K, Tesan T, Wang W, Gustavsson H, Damber J, Welén K. N-cadherin increases after androgen deprivation and is associated with metastasis in prostate cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2010;17:469-79 pubmed publisher..This might indicate that castration induces molecular alterations in the tumor cells, resulting in a more invasive and metastatic phenotype. ..
- Andreyeva A, Nieweg K, Horstmann K, Klapper S, Müller Schiffmann A, Korth C, et al. C-terminal fragment of N-cadherin accelerates synapse destabilization by amyloid-?. Brain. 2012;135:2140-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, an inhibition of N-cadherin function by proteolytically generated N-cadherin C-terminal fragment 1 might play an important role in Alzheimer's disease progression by accelerating amyloid-?-triggered synapse damage. ..
- Niimi R, Matsumine A, Iino T, Nakazora S, Nakamura T, Uchida A, et al. Soluble Neural-cadherin as a novel biomarker for malignant bone and soft tissue tumors. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:309 pubmed publisher..sN-CAD is a biomarker for malignant bone and soft tissue tumors, and a potentially valuable pre-therapeutic prognostic factor in patients with bone and soft tissue sarcoma. ..
- Rappl A, Piontek G, Schlegel J. EGFR-dependent migration of glial cells is mediated by reorganisation of N-cadherin. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:4089-97 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that HER2 affects glial-cell migration by modulating EGFR-HER2 signal transduction, and that this effect is mediated by N-cadherin. ..
- Mudduluru G, Abba M, Batliner J, Patil N, Scharp M, Lunavat T, et al. A Systematic Approach to Defining the microRNA Landscape in Metastasis. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3010-9 pubmed publisher..Our data define a novel metastasis-orchestrating network based on systematic hypothesis generation from metastasis tissues. ..
- Nguyen T, Mège R. N-Cadherin and Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptors crosstalk in the control of developmental and cancer cell migrations. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:415-426 pubmed publisher..Finally, we aim at clarifying the synergy between N-cadherin and FGFR signalling that ensure cellular reorganization during cell movements, mainly during cancer cell migration and metastasis but also during developmental processes. ..
- McGregor N, Lochner C, Stein D, Hemmings S. Polymorphisms within the neuronal cadherin (CDH2) gene are associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in a South African cohort. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:191-6 pubmed publisher..001), Furthermore, a single haplotype was found to infer an increased risk for OCD diagnosis (*rs8087457-rs1148374: A-T). Polymorphisms within the CDH2 gene are associated with susceptibility to OCD in a South African cohort. ..
- Uemura K, Kitagawa N, Kohno R, Kuzuya A, Kageyama T, Chonabayashi K, et al. Presenilin 1 is involved in maturation and trafficking of N-cadherin to the plasma membrane. J Neurosci Res. 2003;74:184-91 pubmed..PS1-mediated delivery of N-cadherin to the plasma membrane is important for N-cadherin to exert its physiological function, and it may control the state of cell-cell contact. ..
- Chung F, Sahasrabuddhe A, Ma K, Chen X, Basrur V, Lim M, et al. Fbxo45 inhibits calcium-sensitive proteolysis of N-cadherin and promotes neuronal differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28448-59 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal an unanticipated role for an F-box protein that inhibits proteolysis in the regulation of a critical biological process. ..
- Zhang J, Liu Y, Yu C, Dai F, Xiong J, Li H, et al. Role of ARPC2 in Human Gastric Cancer. Mediators Inflamm. 2017;2017:5432818 pubmed publisher..We thus identify that ARPC2 plays an aneretic role in human gastric cancer and provided a new target for gastric cancer therapy. ..
- He X, Ding X, Wen D, Hou J, Ping J, He J. Exploration of the pathways and interaction network involved in bladder cancer cell line with knockdown of Opa interacting protein 5. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:1059-1066 pubmed publisher..OIP5 interaction network might function as an oncogene in BC progression based on aberrant inflammatory responses. Our study might provide valuable information for investigation of tumorigenesis mechanism in BC. ..