Genomes and Genes
myotubularin related protein 9
Gene Symbol: myotubularin related protein 9
Description: myotubularin related protein 9
Alias: C8orf9, LIP-STYX, MTMR8, myotubularin-related protein 9, myotubularin related protein 8
Products: myotubularin related protein 9
- Tang L, Tong Y, Cao H, Xie S, Yang Q, Zhang F, et al. The MTMR9 rs2293855 polymorphism is associated with glucose tolerance, insulin secretion, insulin sensitivity and increased risk of prediabetes. Gene. 2014;546:150-5 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that allele G is likely to increase the risk of prediabetes by influencing both insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity. ..
- Mochizuki Y, Majerus P. Characterization of myotubularin-related protein 7 and its binding partner, myotubularin-related protein 9. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9768-73 pubmed..The binding of MTMR9 increased the Ins(1,3)P2 phosphatase activity of MTMR7. Our results show that MTMR7 forms a complex with MTMR9 and dephosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and Ins(1,3)P2 in neuronal cells. ..
- Ikram M, Sim X, Xueling S, Jensen R, Cotch M, Hewitt A, et al. Four novel Loci (19q13, 6q24, 12q24, and 5q14) influence the microcirculation in vivo. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001184 pubmed publisher..These data provide further insights into the contribution and biological mechanisms of microcirculatory changes that underlie cardiovascular disease. ..
- Zou J, Zhang C, Marjanovic J, Kisseleva M, Majerus P, Wilson M. Myotubularin-related protein (MTMR) 9 determines the enzymatic activity, substrate specificity, and role in autophagy of MTMR8. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9539-44 pubmed publisher..We studied a subfamily of homologous myotubularins, including myotubularin-related protein 6 (MTMR6), MTMR7, and MTMR8, all of which dimerize with the catalytically inactive MTMR9...
- Appel S, Reichwald K, Zimmermann W, Reis A, Rosenthal A, Hennies H. Identification and localization of a new human myotubularin-related protein gene, mtmr8, on 8p22-p23. Genomics. 2001;75:6-8 pubmed..Here we isolate and localize a novel putative myotubularin-related protein gene (MTMR8) on chromosome 8p22--p23,between the markers D8S550 and D8S265, by exon-trapping experiments and RT-PCR...
- Hotta K, Kitamoto T, Kitamoto A, Mizusawa S, Matsuo T, Nakata Y, et al. Association of variations in the FTO, SCG3 and MTMR9 genes with metabolic syndrome in a Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:647-51 pubmed publisher..SNPs in the FTO, SCG3 and MTMR9 genes had no SNP × SNP epistatic effects on metabolic syndrome. Our data suggest that genetic variations in the FTO, SCG3 and MTMR9 genes independently influence the risk of metabolic syndrome. ..
- Maekawa M, Terasaka S, Mochizuki Y, Kawai K, Ikeda Y, Araki N, et al. Sequential breakdown of 3-phosphorylated phosphoinositides is essential for the completion of macropinocytosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E978-87 pubmed publisher..We propose that the sequential breakdown of PI(3,4,5)P3 ? PI(3,4)P2 ? PI(3)P ? PI controls macropinocytosis through specific effectors of the intermediate phosphoinositides. ..
- Lorenzo O, Urbé S, Clague M. Systematic analysis of myotubularins: heteromeric interactions, subcellular localisation and endosome related functions. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2953-9 pubmed..We have confirmed all previously reported combinations and identified novel heteromeric interactions: MTMR8 with MTMR9, and MTMR3 with MTMR4, the first such combination of enzymatically active MTMs...
- Yanagiya T, Tanabe A, Iida A, Saito S, Sekine A, Takahashi A, et al. Association of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in MTMR9 gene with obesity. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:3017-26 pubmed..Our data suggested that genetic variations in MTMR9 may confer a predisposition towards obesity and hypertension through regulation of hypothalamic neuropeptides. ..
- Zou J, Chang S, Marjanovic J, Majerus P. MTMR9 increases MTMR6 enzyme activity, stability, and role in apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2064-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, MTMR9 greatly enhances the functions of MTMR6. ..
- Appel S, Filter M, Reis A, Hennies H, Bergheim A, Ogilvie E, et al. Physical and transcriptional map of the critical region for keratolytic winter erythema (KWE) on chromosome 8p22-p23 between D8S550 and D8S1759. Eur J Hum Genet. 2002;10:17-25 pubmed..A putative novel myotubularin-related protein gene (MTMR8), a potential human homologue of the mouse acyl-malonyl condensing enzyme gene (Amac1), and two transcripts ..